Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2014 10:06 AM

Sep 2012
Cheesy drama all the way.
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 6, 2014 10:08 AM

Jun 2014
Dem feels yo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2014 10:09 AM

Sep 2014
astronomy9 said:
As a pharmacist myself i can say the explanation they gave was quite legit

Also,

the reason why she cannot leave the clean room once her symptoms manifested was because her immune system was compromised to a point where a simple cold, flu or bacterial infection will prove fatal to her, thats why it is of utmost importance that her surroundings are sterile

HIV is the virus that she contracted from her blood transfusion, it is a latent virus that stays within the body and may or may not manifest into AIDS

AIDS is the syndrome which is incurable, and thus drugs used to "treat" it are actually used to boost the immune system and/or alleviate the symptoms

That's what I don't get. I thought the mother got HIV from the blood transfusion. Wouldn't they give the mother blood after the c-section not during ? If they meant to say she was given blood during c-section and the twins were not born then that makes sense. Or do I just have this all backwards 0.o ?
Dec 6, 2014 10:13 AM

Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
Barion-Zara said:
Can people start rating this season up now. It's ridiculous how low it is compared to S1 even though it's way better <_<

blahblahnotenoughactionblahblah.
blahblahnodeathgameblahblah
blahblahnokiritoblahblah
blahblatoomuchdramablahblah

Typical secondary complaints are the reason why its so low.

Nope. I just didn't like this season because of how boring it was. I still remember the pain of watching GGO, it was almost just talking every episode...

Thai777Dec 6, 2014 10:16 AM
Dec 6, 2014 10:14 AM

Nov 2013
Holy shit...

I guessed half of it and still found it sad.. Damn..

So I'm guessing

:(
Dec 6, 2014 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Yuuki, she has a terminal illness.
Dec 6, 2014 10:17 AM
Oct 2014
Episodes like this are why I still like SAO no mater what folks say. Seeing applications for virtual devices spins my mind out to our future. Where we can go and what we can do with technology. Nice ellipsoid. It threw it all at us in a heartfelt way. Way to go SAO!
Dec 6, 2014 10:19 AM

Jul 2014
Perfect episode, loved it. right in da feelz.
Dec 6, 2014 10:21 AM

Dec 2011
Episodes like this are not the reason why I watch SAO.
With 2 of them left I expect nothing interesting from the anime anymore.
Dec 6, 2014 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
Bomb2chest said:
astronomy9 said:
As a pharmacist myself i can say the explanation they gave was quite legit

Also,

the reason why she cannot leave the clean room once her symptoms manifested was because her immune system was compromised to a point where a simple cold, flu or bacterial infection will prove fatal to her, thats why it is of utmost importance that her surroundings are sterile

HIV is the virus that she contracted from her blood transfusion, it is a latent virus that stays within the body and may or may not manifest into AIDS

AIDS is the syndrome which is incurable, and thus drugs used to "treat" it are actually used to boost the immune system and/or alleviate the symptoms

That's what I don't get. I thought the mother got HIV from the blood transfusion. Wouldn't they give the mother blood after the c-section not during ? If they meant to say she was given blood during c-section and the twins were not born then that makes sense. Or do I just have this all backwards 0.o ?

You can be contaminated by exchange of fluids too.

By the time she was diagnosed, whole family was sick.
Dec 6, 2014 10:26 AM

Jul 2014
Wow... I never thought that SAO could be so depressing like this.
One thing I did notice that doesn't seem to have been picked up on: near the end, Yuuki mentioned that two of the members of the Sleeping Knights were told that they have less than three months to live. Now, it's safe to assume that one of these is Yuuki herself, but I wonder who the other one is?
Dec 6, 2014 10:27 AM

May 2008
Mmmmh... they didn't talk about her father yet. Could he be the doctor?

EDIT:
Oh, ok. I guess I should have rewatched that part before posting.
RuzgfpegkDec 6, 2014 11:05 AM
Dec 6, 2014 10:28 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Bomb2chest said:

You can be contaminated by exchange of fluids too.

By the time she was diagnosed, whole family was sick.

I knew that just didn't really think about it. Basically Yuuki's mother got the virus from the blood during or after the birth. The father and the twins caught the virus within that 5 month period before they found out. :(
Dec 6, 2014 10:30 AM

Sep 2014
Ruzgfpegk said:
Mmmmh... they didn't talk about her father yet. Could he be the doctor?

Both the parents died as well. Yuuki went into the full dive system 3 years ago. The doctor said the parents died 2 years ago and her sister died 1 year ago.
Dec 6, 2014 10:32 AM

Nov 2013
roby666 said:
Then what do you watch it for? Because this is what SAO is about, and always have been.
Dec 6, 2014 10:34 AM
Mar 2012
BotatoPriest said:
roby666 said:
Then what do you watch it for? Because this is what SAO is about, and always have been.

I'm just so glad A-1 didn't butcher this arc. Some scenes and details were skipped, but within the expectation and tolerance range.
Dec 6, 2014 10:34 AM
Aug 2013
Q.Q poor Yuki

This show must deserve a high score then first season at least..
Dec 6, 2014 10:52 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That episode broke me.....

I knew that death was involved but not like this. This was just overwhelmingly depressing.

I am in utter shock right now, like I feel empty inside. And to make matters worse, the entire guild are all dying too

This arc.....I dunno what to say but honestly this arc, heck thjs entire season is without a doubt better than season one
Dec 6, 2014 10:53 AM
Mar 2012
They actually dumbified the conversation a lot so I took an excerpt of it from the novel. I removed pretty much everything other than the conversation itself (like how they were in an elevator rather than in a private business room) so this isn't actually the full text. They also go in much greater detail about the Medicuboid but I'm sure the anime watchers don't care about that:

Edit: Added excerpt about Yuuki's past which gives more details about her childhood such as the bullying and her degeneration: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1304067&show=100#msg36492257
-Karoshi-Dec 6, 2014 11:04 AM
Dec 6, 2014 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
I liked this ep, but... yeah, a desease is an awful thing... It's sad that always the best characters have to die...
Dec 6, 2014 10:57 AM

Jun 2013
Most of us knew this was going to happen, but in a little more detail then that but the feels are just the same

Dec 6, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
ahhh, the benefits of having a boyfriend that can do almost anything!
all in all, i completely loved this episode! i never thought i would like SAO this much, but somehow i do.
Dec 6, 2014 11:03 AM
May 2014
Boy did that still hit hard even after going through it the first time around in the LN.

LastChapter said:
They actually dumbified the conversation a lot so I took an excerpt of it from the novel. I removed pretty much everything other than the conversation itself (like how they were in an elevator rather than in a private business room) so this isn't actually the full text. They also go in much greater detail about the Medicuboid but I'm sure the anime watchers don't care about that:

Yeah well, they didn't really cut out much of the sci-fi stuff, but rather simplified the medical lesson, which I think is a good thing (it was borderline TMI in the LN).

Kirito - the Izaya of SAO.
Dec 6, 2014 11:06 AM

Jul 2010
Oh, poor Yuki, then again, I'm thinking that she gonna live as an NPC in the virtual world. So all members of the Sleeping Knights were ill in the real world, so their disbandment was because one by one is kicking the bucket.
yeo
Dec 6, 2014 11:08 AM
Oct 2014
I haven't read the novel's, so I was not ready for that.

When it cliked it my head that all of the sleeping knights were terminally ill... Oh dear, to quote the infamous Ron Burgundy, "Well that escalated quickly."

It's nice that ole kazuto has his nifty little camera/sensory device for yui and yuuki though. Next episode shall be bittersweet. I feels it.
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Dec 6, 2014 11:08 AM

Sep 2014
LastChapter said:

Edit: Added excerpt about Yuuki's past which gives more details about her childhood such as the bullying and her degeneration: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1304067&show=100#msg36492257

I'm guessing since she is in a full dive system her skills are amazing in VR. Is this because of the medical bed she is in ? Does it give full control over her body compared to the natural VR gear ?
Dec 6, 2014 11:10 AM
Mar 2012
Bomb2chest said:
I'm guessing since she is in a full dive system her skills are amazing in VR. Is this because of the medical bed she is in ? Does it give full control over her body compared to the natural VR gear ?

From the wikia:

The Medicuboid has a stronger electromagnetic output than both the NerveGear and the AmuSphere so it can make muscles completely numb and cancel out the spinal reflexes - making it possible to avoid using anesthetics which still have a small but rare risk. It has many more pulse generated components than the NerveGear and its CPU far surpasses the processing speed of the AmuSphere. These superior specs can enhance the in-game abilities of the user, although Asuna does not suspect that this is the source of Yuuki's amazing skills. The user can communicate with the outside through the speakers installed in the Medicuboid. During speech the screen on the machine will display the message "user talking."
Dec 6, 2014 11:17 AM

Sep 2014
LastChapter said:
Bomb2chest said:

From the wikia:

The Medicuboid has a stronger electromagnetic output than both the NerveGear and the AmuSphere so it can make muscles completely numb and cancel out the spinal reflexes - making it possible to avoid using anesthetics which still have a small but rare risk. It has many more pulse generated components than the NerveGear and its CPU far surpasses the processing speed of the AmuSphere. These superior specs can enhance the in-game abilities of the user, although Asuna does not suspect that this is the source of Yuuki's amazing skills. The user can communicate with the outside through the speakers installed in the Medicuboid. During speech the screen on the machine will display the message "user talking."

She has the ability to do more but at a cost of her body :(. Was never expecting some advanced technology like that.
Dec 6, 2014 11:19 AM

Jun 2010
Can't help but laugh at how weird asuna's life is. She has a AI "daughter," ex-fiance trapped her in a game, now for some reason she has this emotional attachment to a terminally ill patient who has spent 3yrs in full dive.... And her mom thinks she's not prepared for college. I think she's done more in her years of high school than most in their life rofl.
Dec 6, 2014 11:20 AM
May 2014
Bomb2chest said:

She has the ability to do more but at a cost of her body :(. Was never expecting some advanced technology like that.

Umm, the technology does have a risk, but the reason why her body is practically dying is 100% because of the disease.
Dec 6, 2014 11:21 AM

Jul 2007
LastChapter said:
Bomb2chest said:

From the wikia:

Or to go via tl;dr:
THe gameplay improvement via medicuboid is miniscule and its less about gear itself and more about the time and practice Yuuki spent in VR, that is to thank for her talent.
Dec 6, 2014 11:21 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 6, 2014 11:24 AM

Oct 2013
Why is everyone rating this so highly?
I just don't understand why it's so dramatic, they just start crying and i'm like... ok... what the fuck is with this pathetic and rushed build up? The arc felt super rushed unlike the first part of SAO 2 which was complete crap because it took too long.

The season isn't good, I actually enjoyed the excalibur arc the most. Although I shrieked in total amusement when kirito did that peace sign when that one door was closing.
doru7272Dec 6, 2014 11:29 AM
Dec 6, 2014 11:30 AM
May 2014
dialgatrack said:

The season isn't good, I actually enjoyed the excalibur arc the most.

Aha...
Dec 6, 2014 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
dialgatrack said:
Why is everyone rating this so highly?
I just don't understand why it's so dramatic, they just start crying and i'm like... ok... what the fuck is with this pathetic and rushed build up? The arc felt super rushed unlike the first part of SAO 2 which was complete crap because it took too long.

The season isn't good, I actually enjoyed the excalibur arc the most. Although I shrieked in total amusement when kirito did that peace sign when that one door was closing.

wait are you being serious? kinda feels like a troll, not the fact u think its bad but u rlly thought calibur was best? To me, all calibur was was the enemy standing in place while the main cast wails on them for several minutes. Kinda dull.. enemies bare fought back
Dec 6, 2014 11:42 AM
Sep 2014
minimiau said:
I don't know what to think about Asuna. The doctor says 3 times the word "terminal" (talking about Yuuki disease) and she understand at the third time.

What a sad episode!

it's called denial
Dec 6, 2014 11:48 AM
May 2014
Chelizzle said:
pathetic.
I find it funny how a cheap and forced episode like this gets praised.
But yeah simple minded people get FEELS from it and cry.
Imo this episode was boring and tried very hard.

Pathetic, boring, tried very hard, I guess I can see that as a view. But no need to act condescending on people who think differently. It's like me saying "yeah, psychopaths won't get the FEELS".
Dec 6, 2014 11:49 AM

Jun 2012
This episode gave me aids.
Dec 6, 2014 11:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
people like to say this show is cancer
guess the joke's on them, the correct answer was aids all along!

in all seriousness I keep finding myself conflicted about whether I like this or not..
Dec 6, 2014 11:57 AM

Dec 2013
Poor Yuuki :(

I imagine the next two episodes are going to be full of feels
Dec 6, 2014 12:10 PM

Dec 2013
This show is more of a guilty pleasure than anything, so it's nice when an episode/arc like this comes along and there's clearly more thought put into it than most of the previous ones. Now I get the reasoning behind calling the guild Sleeping Knights, and it's actually kind of sad compared to all the "sad" stuff that's happened in SAO before. Now I just need to catch up on the LNs...
Dec 6, 2014 12:12 PM
Nov 2009
I feel like they needed more character exposition for me to feel for their relationship in this episode.

I´m guessing they´ll use the thing Kirito build for Yui so that Yuuki can expirience school life.
Dec 6, 2014 12:13 PM

Nov 2014
that was depressing... I feel like there were some parts where it got cliché, which made it lose some of the feeling. I liked that twist though. I was expecting it to be some stupid reason for not being able to see Asuna anymore, so that was a nice surprise in a depressing way.
Dec 6, 2014 12:14 PM

Dec 2009
Chelizzle said:
pathetic.
I find it funny how a cheap and forced episode like this gets praised.
But yeah simple minded people get FEELS from it and cry.
Imo this episode was boring and tried very hard.

Troll harder Please.

As for the episode itself, it was adapted perfectly from how I remember it from the light novel. I find myself wishing all this ended differently...but you can't beat something like Aids :( Poor Yuuki
Dec 6, 2014 12:17 PM
Oct 2012
CookingPriest said:
Barion-Zara said:
Can people start rating this season up now. It's ridiculous how low it is compared to S1 even though it's way better <_<

blahblahnotenoughactionblahblah.
blahblahnodeathgameblahblah
blahblahnokiritoblahblah
blahblatoomuchdramablahblah

Typical secondary complaints are the reason why its so low.

I really hope they fuck off when SAO III comes out.
Dec 6, 2014 12:27 PM

Feb 2012
Oh damn tragic shit my duds.
Dec 6, 2014 12:32 PM

Apr 2014
I knew it would be Aids somehow when Asuna got to the hospital. Who wants to bet Kirito puts his little camera system he has for Yui to some good use?
---------My Profile------------
Dec 6, 2014 12:43 PM
Feb 2012
rdtx2013 said:
minimiau said:
I don't know what to think about Asuna. The doctor says 3 times the word "terminal" (talking about Yuuki disease) and she understand at the third time.

What a sad episode!

it's called denial

It's called not speaking English. As already said in a comment before the first times the word used was Terminal care, in english. And it seems to exceed Asuna's limited english vocabulary xD
Dec 6, 2014 12:44 PM

Apr 2010
I was trying not to cry throughout the whole episode. x___x
Dec 6, 2014 12:51 PM
Jul 2012
I know this entire episode is sad and all, but it feels a bit... expected? All I saw in forums were the "Gotta prepare for all them feels." And so... I don't really get any feels, some yes, but mostly little effect. I guess it makes me a bad person when I don't feel anything and think, most of the Sleeping Knights probably are going to die aren't?
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.