3It was OK
9.7%
2Disliked it
1.9%
1Hated it
2.3%
Average 4.4
258 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 1, 2014 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Ranks 1 and 2 does not surprise me. It's the result of reading so many books for literature.

Funny episode. Chifuru has a tasty mind. Now that I watched the episode, I want a taste of curry too. A lot talk about love this episode but who will win Andou in the end? Also, fucking Sagami. He's crossed the line this time.
Stark700Dec 1, 2014 11:38 AM
Dec 1, 2014 11:45 AM

Jul 2010
The person that made Andou the person who he is today being Tomoyo.

That serious reaction about Andou using his powers. Wonder just what changes was done to Dark and Dark.

Tomoyo be ranked the last among the club xD Dumber than Andou being a bad thing!

Hatoko slipping the word out!

Andou saying his weakness is not having emotions xD When he continues with that, Chifuyu has glittering eyes and when he doesn't he is a liar xD

Every girl's love for Andou confirmed, even Chifuyu!

Sagami treating love like a game, man he pissed me off when he was coming in the girl's washroom with that attitude.
Dec 1, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
Those serious reactions by the girls makes me REALLY curious as to what happened at the end of the last episode. >.<
Lol Tomoyo ranked last among the members of the club. And her being dumber than Andou xD
Love huh.
Sagami.. the hell are you up to..
Dec 1, 2014 11:50 AM

Aug 2010
Chifuyu is in love :3 She's so adorable <3

And once again...Based Hayami Saori with her confession of loving Andou to Tomoyo. Her talking machine guns are so good >.<!!!

So Tomoyo finding her love nxt week?
Dec 1, 2014 12:02 PM

Oct 2014
Whoa, the romance is killing me.
Dec 1, 2014 12:04 PM

May 2013
Everyone has fallen for Andou. Chifuyu was cute in this epiosde. This is about to get interesting.
Dec 1, 2014 12:05 PM

Dec 2009
With only 3 episodes left, I don't expect this to go anywhere.

Hopefully this will get a second season, I like it more every episode.
Dec 1, 2014 12:13 PM

Jan 2012
It almost feels like an attempt to break them apart over their love for Andou, but I'm probably reading too much into it considering how little time we have left. Still left with an unsettling vibe from this one though...
animefan8800Dec 1, 2014 12:17 PM
Dec 1, 2014 12:24 PM
Feb 2013
Harem done right I guess. I don't want to see any of the girls' heart be broken.
Dec 1, 2014 12:36 PM

Oct 2014
Well, this episode confirmed what we've all been thinking (and what was heavily implied in previous episodes). Everyone "loves" Andou. I'm not usually one for harems though. Those can get very crazy. XD

So I guess my prediction on what the evolved version of Dark and Dark can do was wrong? Last week, I predicted that it didn't do anything at all. However, from the general reaction of all the club members, I think that it's safe to say that it's actually a lot worse than I was thinking.
Dec 1, 2014 12:37 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Now this has officially become a harem and I must say that it was done pretty well.

I enjoyed seeing how Hatoko once again rekt all the girls with her resolve. I hope that if we do get a winner, it's her
Dec 1, 2014 12:47 PM

Feb 2014
The drama is starting, and I'm not sure I'll like it.
Dec 1, 2014 1:01 PM

Apr 2014
suddenly.. harem and drama

damn i just want know how this will end now
Dec 1, 2014 1:02 PM

May 2012
Dang, Hatoko's on a roll lately lol

Can't really say much for Chifuyu and Sayumi, but Tomoyo and Hatoko look like the better choices.

Dammit, I wanted to see what's up with Andou's awakened power, but I feel as if it's only going to be revealed on the last episode or something >_>

Dec 1, 2014 1:06 PM
Oct 2014
Since the LN are still ongoing I dont think we get to see nothing in the anime, at least I hope theres no much drama I wouldnt stand another crying scene like Hatokos.

Btw does anyone know if the novels are doing good in Japan? Im really hyped to see a second season with more romantic things and maybe some battles
Dec 1, 2014 1:08 PM

Nov 2013
Man that actually got pretty serious pretty fast. I'd like to see where they go from here, but it seems they're gonna put it on hold for the pool episode.
Dec 1, 2014 1:31 PM

Sep 2012
A harem ending?
Pls no
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 1, 2014 1:32 PM

Oct 2013
the animation style was stronk in this episode
I can feel some crazy tension building between the girls O_O
I wonder if it's his pwoer that is some how tied to all the girls feelings for him >.>
I though we were going to get some fights this episode guess not(not htat I'm mad)
pretty good episode
Chifuyu was extra kawaii this episode !
[/quote]
Dec 1, 2014 1:35 PM

Nov 2012
Tomoyo FTW.....
Hatoko seems to desperate lately....
Wonder what is Andou's new power.......
Dec 1, 2014 1:49 PM

Feb 2012
I feel like this story is self-ware about being a light novel. Especially with the "reader" character and his shipping, and how Hatoko wants to be chosen by the MC. Interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2014 1:52 PM

Oct 2010
I had originally thought Mirei would play a larger role in the series, with her inclusion in the OP/ED and large part in episode 2. It's kinda disappointing that that was pretty much her only role.
Dec 1, 2014 1:54 PM
Oct 2010
I think someone mentioned in the previous episode thread that Sagami was a bit suspicious and maybe had something do with F. He is acting quite weird here at least.
Plus, and I don't know if it's been mentioned before I might have missed it, his family name Shizumu is a bit close to how a Japanese pronounces System (shisutemu).
Dec 1, 2014 1:58 PM

Mar 2014
Hmm interesting, harem and drama in one? They'll probably make it a harem ending or something but i'd be nice if they made Andou actually pick a girl in the end.
Dec 1, 2014 2:00 PM

Apr 2013
Woah, shit hit the fan with Hatoko's confession :o

I really like this series.

Dec 1, 2014 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
Damn i'm really curious what happened when Andou used his powers.

Well, the harem was expected, i just hope i'll like it, though i wasn't expecting Chifuyu's reaction... :/

Dec 1, 2014 2:11 PM

Dec 2013
Wuuut, some plot incoming? About being 'the chosen one'. Nice. Fun ep
Dec 1, 2014 2:16 PM

Jan 2013
God this is getting more exciting. Forever rooting for AndouXTomoyo, she's just one of those tsunderes I like the most, and a perfect fit for Andou. Pls no to harem ending.

Really loving the series since ep 1!
Dec 1, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2010
Guess events where being set for the upcoming episodes.
We might expect some upcoming drama in the next few episode and something tells me that woman who escaped might be behind it.

Well i guess we will have to see next episode.
Dec 1, 2014 2:24 PM

May 2009
Madara31 said:
I had originally thought Mirei would play a larger role in the series, with her inclusion in the OP/ED and large part in episode 2. It's kinda disappointing that that was pretty much her only role.

She's there only because her seiyuu sings ED.
Dec 1, 2014 2:42 PM

Oct 2013
I feel like the ending tells us how close each girl is to andou. First is tomoyo, right next to him is hatoko, then we have Chifuyu, then sayumi, and then mirei being the farthest from him. I'm hoping for tomoyo to pick up the slack and confess, if not I'm fine with a harem ending.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Dec 1, 2014 2:42 PM

Oct 2014
The "passive" harem became an "active" harem with everyone falling in love in one episode... what the hell.... w.e roll with it...
D3pthChargeDec 1, 2014 2:47 PM
Dec 1, 2014 2:54 PM

Jan 2013
So we didn't got to know his new power, but he's forbidden of using it again.
1- it's a power to tear clothes
2- it's something that can really give pain to Andou.

Anyways, Chifuyu starting to feel love, that was so cute <3
And those two confrontations, is that guy from F?
Dec 1, 2014 3:04 PM

Nov 2011
Sayumi all the way
Hate Keeps me warm
Dec 1, 2014 3:04 PM

Jul 2010
So we don't know what is his awakened power yet, what is Tomoyo's answer, and what is that guy doing with trying to hook up Andou and Sayumi, looks pretty suspicious.
Dec 1, 2014 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
Chifuyu is in love.

The ladies have fallen for Andou.
Dec 1, 2014 3:14 PM
Feb 2014
Hatoko's confession was actually so cute. Chifuyu is just adorable!
Dec 1, 2014 3:29 PM

Apr 2014
every girl now wants the D...ark and Dark
Dec 1, 2014 3:30 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, the novel is loose in the air, and it seems that with a pinch of drama too, I was curious about the new power of Andou, but what caught our attention in this episode were thoughts of love, will start a fight by the protagonist?

Hatoko was direct with Tomoyo, Sayumi was confronted by Sagami (what the hell this guy want?) and Chifuyu realizes his feelings, I'm really curious to see how will be the development of history now ..
Dec 1, 2014 3:41 PM
Jun 2012
chifuyu was extra cute this episode. did i miss something or did they not explain what happened to ando when he activated his powers last time. and who the hell was the guy that was in the girls restroom with sayumi seems like she knew him.and damn i sense that there might be some conflict inside the literary club because of what hatoko said at the end and i hope not but if sayumi does take his offer i wonder what will happen have a bad feeling bout that guy.
Dec 1, 2014 3:52 PM
Nov 2014
Hatoko annoyed me in this episode.
I hope this doesn't end as a harem.
I want to see Tomoyo in glasses and silver hair loll
Dec 1, 2014 3:58 PM

Mar 2009
Harem end incoming.
Dec 1, 2014 4:14 PM

Aug 2013
Childhood friend needs to win and diss out the tsundere.
Dec 1, 2014 4:36 PM

Oct 2012
That guy really reminded me of Naedoko Kanoko with the whole reader thing. Seems like a war for Andou is starting.
Dec 1, 2014 4:38 PM
May 2014
Ooo, now the romance *officially* begins. Random creepy wingman practically blew Sayumi's chance, so it's pretty much Tomoyo vs. Hatoko.

Rooting for Hatoko in term of romance. Tomoyo is the best girl to me, she's a tsundere well done but not necessarily the one I want to be with MC. Chifuyu's pretty nice, but I don't see her winning for an obvious reason. So Andou x Hatoko it is - that, or Andou x Dark and Dark. Above all, though, I am more curious about Andou's power and F.
Dec 1, 2014 4:47 PM

Sep 2014
I always keep forgetting who Sagami is and when he actually played his role.

Anyway, I'm loving the harem-intensified plot. I'm leaning more and more towards Tomoyo. She's just perfect for Ju-kun right now. Hatoko's about to lose it for me.
Dec 1, 2014 5:09 PM

Aug 2013
that reaction to Dark and Dark of the End!
I'm curious..

Chifuyu is sick..
love sick..

next is loli mizugi..
Dec 1, 2014 5:25 PM

May 2009

That bastard is us, the watchers.

Bitch is clever with that psychological attack.
Also, Stop making so big screencaps of screeencaps of screencaps of fucking stream. Jesus Christ.
Dec 1, 2014 5:28 PM

Aug 2010
Don't tell me Andou's "power" being released make all the girls fall for him
Dec 1, 2014 5:52 PM
Oct 2014
As much as I ship Andou with Tomoyo, I find the recent development with Sayumi very interesting.

But first up, that was a brilliant and very genre savy declaration of war by Hatoko. Unfortunately, it could backfire easily - I think Tomoyo and Andou were on course to becoming best hobby-buddies, but stuck in the Friend Zone, never truly conscious of their mutual chemistry or attraction to one another. It could easily have spun around in circles as a Manzai duo between a Chuunibyou and ex Chuuniyou that goes nowhere romantic. But, by declaring romantic war, and by recognizing Tomoyo as a threat, she might have just made Tomoyo conscious that a relationship between Tomoyo and Andou is a very real prospect, from an outsider's view, and might have forced Tomoyo to confront feelings that Tomoyo has been avoiding behind the Tsun.

Secondly, because both Tomoyo and Hatoko were well on course for the Friendzone in the status quo, I don't think the Sayumi pairing is as crazy as it sounds. Yes, Sayumi is the least preferred and least popular of the girls. And even Andou's relationship with Sayumi isn't as developed and firm as Tomoyo and Hatoko - but , it also raises the prospect that Sayumi could escalate and pursue a romance, without the risk of the Friendzone, precisely because Andou's relationship with her is not as well defined as that of Tomoyo and Hatoko. In other words, there's no status quo to break, there's a status quo to make for Sayumi. So, Sagami raised a very interesting possibility this episode, and contrary to some viewers, I think it opens the way for Sayumi to come very close to securing a romance with Andou, though of course, I get the impression that Andou is a tad bit intimidated by her at times.

Given that both Tomoyo and Hatoko are fixated on each other as the key romantic rivals, an Hatoko thinks she's in a Love Triangle, there's a very real risk that both of them will be completely blindsided by Sayumi. And I suspect this is the dynamic Sagami is hinting at here.

As for Chifuyu, unfortunately, I think she's stuck in the Imouto Zone, and the next episode will only confirm it.

And Mirei. Poor Mirei. If the harem really starts, I dare say Episode 2 was a very cruel, sub-conscious pre-emptive exclusion of Mirei from the harem, by the girls pressuring Andou to rescind the relationship. She really had the misfortune of firing her guns too early. Sagami is wrong - Sayumi isn't the least favored, rather Mirei is in the worst position of any of the girls.

Finally, I'd like to make a note on the relationship hierarchy between Andou and the girls.

Andou - Chifuyu, from Andou's perspective, and Chifuyu's conscious perspective , is that of a pseudo-sibling.

Andou- Hatoko unfortunately, is one where Hatoko plays the role of being sub-ordinated. It isn't just that sub-ordination that Hatoko is resentful of, I think more accurately, she's happy being in the sub-ordinated, traditional wife position. It's just that she struggles to inhabit Andou's world, to understand and communicate with Andou.

Andou- Tomoyo is one of the most interesting relations. Their relationship is built on the basis of solid equality They see eye to eye with one another,have one of the strongest chemistries in the cast, have compatible interests that binds them together, have a common language and communication code. I actually think Andou even in non-Chuunibyou mode is at his most truest self when with Tomoyo. It's not surprising that Hatoko thinks that Tomoyo is the biggest threat, Tomoyo has alot of things going for her... if she can avoid the Friendzone, which alas she's close to falling into if she's not careful.

Andou-Sayumi is a relationship where Sayumi would wear the pants, in any romance.I think Andou often sees Sayumi as a leader figure, a superior of whom he'd back down for. Sometimes, of course, Sayumi and Andou swoops down to meet eye to eye, as had happened in Sayumi's episode. But I think there's a power distance that unfortunately makes her one of the weaker contenders, as Sagami claims. Therein lies that potential though - because so little is settled, and whenever the powergap closes, Andou and Sayumi have impressive chemistry (but none at all when the power gap is active), there's alot of potential for Sayumi to move to a romantic relationship level. This is such a development that would more or less come up of the left field from Tomoyo and Hatoko's perspective
Dec 1, 2014 5:54 PM
Aug 2014
Props to Hatoko for confessing her love. Hmmm I am gonna have to go with Hatoko x Andou for ship. I bet his awakened power is actually crap and they were just overhyping it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2014

248 by Gin_Okuri-inu »»
Apr 14, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Best girl

q1w2e3r4t5 - Mar 26, 2019

7 by Piromysl »»
Apr 13, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2014

297 by Olticul »»
Mar 19, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

109 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.