Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2014 7:40 PM
Jul 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Okay Chihaya is playing horribly.
The first years think they can take regular spots LOL.
Taichi meets our Master once more and he was not expecting it.
Dec 1, 2014 8:10 AM

Apr 2012
Jakerams said:

Taichi meets our Master once more and he was not expecting it.

Well , same goes for me ! ^^ Wondering about what they'll talk about.
Dec 13, 2014 3:04 PM

Nov 2011
Oh God, I hope Chihaya recovers soon. All those cards are black to her? :(
Dec 13, 2014 5:54 PM
Apr 2014
Getting bad vibes from that new first year girl.
And Chihaya studying? .....
Dec 13, 2014 9:04 PM

Dec 2011
Love and hate truly are two sides of the same coin
Dec 14, 2014 5:33 AM

Aug 2014
Well, Taichi finally got a chance to associate with Suou.!! Missed it last time on the train.
Now since all the cards looks totally black to Taichi, I wonder if he'll join the Master on the Dark side. :D :D lol
Dec 14, 2014 7:03 AM

Sep 2014
I feel so bad for Chihaya... I hope she doesn't quit Karuta just because Taichi quit.

Chihaya studying!!! //gasp
Dec 15, 2014 2:56 AM

Jan 2013
First of all; oh my god Chihaya, get it together! Okay I love her because of what she is like, but hahaa I just want her to realize her feelings for Taichi and apologize and for them to get together and both to play karuta well again hehehe. But yeah what would it be without all the drama...

Chihaya will study (maybe)! I can't wait, but I still hope she'll get back to karuta soon again...

Tamaru Midori is scaryyyyyy, all I see is this manipulating seemingly cute little girl, but damn she's creepy, I don't like this type... dON'T YOU GO TRYING TO STEAL CHIHAYA'S SPOT ON THE TEAM

AAAaaaaa omg Taichi and Suou, help. Please fight over Chihaya a bit. Though Taichi would probably just be like 'whatever she rejected me' and aaaaaaaargh!

I kinda don't like what this is at, but I kinda do, because everything about Chihayafuru is perfect. This manga has my heart at it's hand. It will be the end of me.

I LOVE CHIHAYAFURU HELLO THANKS BYE
Dec 15, 2014 4:02 PM

Feb 2011
Seriously, why almost everyone thinks that Chihaya is in love with Taichi? We can all see it's not the case, she really cares about him as a close friend, not romantically.

I did expected Chihaya to become in depression after everything that happened with Taichi, how dare Taichi made Chihaya suffer for his own selfish desires, he's destroying her happiness instead of obtaining and granting it). Poor Chihaya, I feel sorry for her, why Taichi left her in this state, always suffering by herself over something that doesn't respond to her because she haven't done anything wrong to deserve this, especially that he's the one who cause her to suffer just because she can't accept his feelings and he blamed everything on her for his misery, that's ridiculous and the worst part is he left Chihaya in misery without a care of the world, this shows that he doesn't love her at all and his actions proofs everything ( actions speaks louder than words) she's in so much pain that she's so scared of playing karuta because she's blames herself for hurting Taichi, I mean how can Taichi expect Chihaya to respond his feelings if she's in love with Arata, Taichi shouldn't hold that against her just because she can't accept his feelings, he should just accept reality and move on ( he should look for a girl who meets his expectations that Chihaya can't give him). The only person I feel sorry for is Chihaya, so much that she compare herself to a rock who's only good in crushing others: her depression is keeping her not to see the good things, it's all negative thoughts that will make it worst if no one put a stop to it ( I believe it's Arata who will save her from her depression just like once she saved him: the power of true love can overcome anything).
sweetangieDec 15, 2014 8:02 PM
Dec 16, 2014 11:38 AM

Jan 2013
sweetangie said:
Seriously, why almost everyone thinks that Chihaya is in love with Taichi? We can all see it's not the case, she really cares about him as a close friend, not romantically.

I don't actually think that it's the case though, I just hope for it to be. I have no idea whom Chihaya loves, or grows to love. I want to emphasize the point that I say 'I want this to happen' not as in 'I know it will happen eventually'. I will be happy no matter who Chihaya ends up with, if anyone, as long as she's happy.

That said, I SHIP TAICHI AND CHIHAYA TO THE MOON AND BACK, but my point is, I don't think it's certain that Taichi and Chihaya are canon-to-be. I'm sorry if I hit a nerve with my delusions, didn't mean to.
Dec 17, 2014 1:16 PM
Jul 2012
I doubt Chihaya is in love with anyone she only cares about her friends and Karuta.
Dec 20, 2014 7:28 PM
Dec 2014
Chihayafuru is bimonthly right? There have been a lot of breaks recently so i'm getting confused. When's the next raw gonna be released?
Dec 30, 2014 7:05 PM

Aug 2012
sweetangie said:

I did expected Chihaya to become in depression after everything that happened with Taichi, how dare Taichi made Chihaya suffer for his own selfish desires, he's destroying her happiness instead of obtaining and granting it). Poor Chihaya, I feel sorry for her, why Taichi left her in this state, always suffering by herself over something that doesn't respond to her because she haven't done anything wrong to deserve this, especially that he's the one who cause her to suffer just because she can't accept his feelings and he blamed everything on her for his misery, that's ridiculous and the worst part is he left Chihaya in misery without a care of the world, this shows that he doesn't love her at all and his actions proofs everything ( actions speaks louder than words) she's in so much pain that she's so scared of playing karuta because she's blames herself for hurting Taichi, I mean how can Taichi expect Chihaya to respond his feelings if she's in love with Arata, Taichi shouldn't hold that against her just because she can't accept his feelings, he should just accept reality and move on ( he should look for a girl who meets his expectations that Chihaya can't give him). The only person I feel sorry for is Chihaya, so much that she compare herself to a rock who's only good in crushing others: her depression is keeping her not to see the good things, it's all negative thoughts that will make it worst if no one put a stop to it ( I believe it's Arata who will save her from her depression just like once she saved him: the power of true love can overcome anything).

>Taichi is dick for 'leaving her in misery' without a care.
>Taichi should accept reality and move on.

Do you think about the things you write? Your bias is so big I'm surprised it fit in the thread.

It was selfish of Chihaya to beg him not to quit. Also, she brought this misery on herself. And she knows it. She's just now realized that she dragged him along this whole time and didn't pay attention to his feelings the entire time.

Taichi is doing what he needs to do for himself. He spent two years trying to stir her heart, and now he believes it was all for naught. He's stepping away from that world to allow himself to breathe, it's the only healthy option for him at this point.

I'd recommend actually trying to understand and empathize what the creator is doing with her characters, rather than antagonize characters who she clearly doesn't mean to antagonize because of your ship. I'm a huge Taichi fan, but that doesn't mean I don't try to appreciate where Arata's character is going.
AlexTheRiotDec 30, 2014 7:19 PM
Dec 31, 2014 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
getting sick of Taichi fans' self-justification.
Dec 31, 2014 7:22 PM

Feb 2011
akdgn said:

I agree.

@ AlexTheRiot
I know: I have nothing against for Taichi to quit the club so he can become his own person he wishes to become so he can get over his heartbreak but that doesn't make an excuse for him to drag his misery on her. What's happening to Chihaya right now is really sad and I really hope that everything to be settle soon.
Dec 31, 2014 10:26 PM

Aug 2012
^How exactly did he 'drag his misery on her'?

akdgn said:
do explain
Dec 31, 2014 10:29 PM

Jul 2012
I don't even read this manga anymore, but any Taichi x Chihaya fans, I will back you up. We're in this ship together.
Jan 1, 2015 5:08 PM

Feb 2011
When Taichi left the club he told Chihaya " Do you think I'm made in Stone" that he can't play karuta anymore: all their moments together now turn into a bad memory for him just because Chihaya can't return back his affections and now he's placing all the blame on her and cause her so much pain, so much that she can't focus on karuta anymore ( seeing her passion into the darkness). Taichi shouldn't hold that against her, he can't force her to love him back romantically if she doesn't feel the same ( that's something I don't support but then again, it's all matter of opinion). This is the last time I'll talk about this, I'll just keep my opinions to myself for now on.
sweetangieJan 1, 2015 8:58 PM
Jan 3, 2015 10:58 PM

Aug 2012
You either fail to understand that scene or you're not even trying to understand because you're so biased. He said that because she (yet again) didn't consider his feelings, spouting how she doesn't want him to leave the club. Like I said already, she was being selfish. She needed him to say that so that the weight of what he's going through would actually register in her oblivious head. "And now he's placing the blame on her" makes no sense, what exactly has he done to place any blame on her? All he did was make her see his perspective and why he can't be in the club right now, because otherwise she wouldn't see it herself.
mayukachan said:
I don't even read this manga anymore, but any Taichi x Chihaya fans, I will back you up. We're in this ship together.
Ride together, suffer together.
Jan 24, 2015 11:57 PM

Nov 2009
sweetangie said:
Opinions differ. To you, it's not romantical, to others it is. What it is in reality, only Suetsugu knows. We will know when CHihaya finally sorts out her feelings and puts them in words.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Mar 13, 2015 10:58 AM

Sep 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
You either fail to understand that scene or you're not even trying to understand because you're so biased. He said that because she (yet again) didn't consider his feelings, spouting how she doesn't want him to leave the club. Like I said already, she was being selfish. She needed him to say that so that the weight of what he's going through would actually register in her oblivious head. "And now he's placing the blame on her" makes no sense, what exactly has he done to place any blame on her? All he did was make her see his perspective and why he can't be in the club right now, because otherwise she wouldn't see it herself.
mayukachan said:

I'm not good with debates but you're really great at shooting holes at the other person's logic. I'll be one of your crew in this ship please~
May 22, 2015 2:04 AM
Apr 2015
Sweetie_Love said:
AlexTheRiot said:

I'm not good with debates but you're really great at shooting holes at the other person's logic. I'll be one of your crew in this ship please~

Then, let me join in the ride. I too, would like to be a crew in this ship :-)
Oct 21, 2015 4:43 PM

Mar 2014
Anti Taichi fans are so... abrasive.
In objective opinion.
I'm abrasive in subjective opinions lol....
Mar 19, 2016 1:38 AM

Jan 2016
AlexTheRiot said:
mayukachan said:

that's exactly what i just thought. he may be surprised himself that he kissed her but what he told her was the reason that made Chihaya opened her eyes on what Taichi really feels, not romantically for her, but his sufferings, like fighting alone.
Jun 28, 2016 5:20 AM

Jul 2013
i dont like that new 1st year chick, she's giving off bad vibes like she's going to bring unnecessary drama. sorry but already trying to deal w chihaya and taichi is enough for now
Oct 26, 2016 10:21 AM

Apr 2016
Wow can someone hurry up and decimate that first year girl
Apr 30, 2017 8:21 AM

Oct 2012
What an arrogant kouhai, I wish I never met a junior that arrogant like that

Classic Suoh-Meijin
Saw him playing against Arata (Probably forget about it)
And he asked him "Are you class A?" immediately
"Signature removed"
Nov 19, 2017 2:40 PM

Nov 2016
First years are spelling trouble.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 25, 2019 11:28 AM

Feb 2019
Damn, if chihaya and taichi doesn't have the same respect for karuta as arata or shinobu. They can just forget all the cards just because of lovers quarrel. Damn, arata is being through worse and yet he still plays karuta with all his heart out. Taichi might defeat arata in next chapter because author likes him but irl taichi would have never been able to defeat arata no matter how hard he tries.
Nov 8, 2019 12:50 PM
Dec 2018
sweetangie said:

Who says he holding it against her? He's dealing with his own feelings. She's dealing with her feelings for someone she has friendzoned just as badly. Why is it ok for her to be so upset but not for him? I'm assuming that if someone rejects you that you will stick around and be their best friend? That might work in the robot world but in real life, with real feelings, these things require some distance for a while at least.
Nov 18, 2019 9:37 PM

Nov 2007
cythraul said:
Taichi might defeat arata in next chapter because author likes him but...

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 18, 2019 10:11 PM
Mar 2015
This chapter is about Chihaya not being able to get Taichi's confession out of her head. it completely destroys the karuta armor which has been protecting her for the last 6 years Studying is the only way to take her mind off the confession

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.