Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 29, 2014 1:59 PM

Apr 2013
Welp, looks like I'll be watching it blind from now-on, unless I do find the time to continue reading the manga.

Good episode overall. One of the things I like is how Shinichi is not completely shying away from his parents. Even though he's keeping Migi a secret, he still talks to them and expresses his thoughts with them. It's not often you get a main character who has a good bond with their parents even after the life-changing catalyst.
Oct 29, 2014 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
DarthZaraki said:
DOES ANYBODY KNOW THAT DAMN SONG THAT IS PLAYING WHILE MIGI AND MR.A ARE FIGHTING? its all technoy and awesome, it reminds me of prodigy but i cant find a damn thing about it (google is dumb with specifics)

Skrillex: Make it Burn Dem
Oct 29, 2014 2:14 PM

Apr 2013
Migi's plan worked, The fight wasn't as great as i was expecting, otherwise good episode.
Oct 29, 2014 2:16 PM

Dec 2013
I can't stand the dubstep in this show! Though I thought the wacking the dog bit was really funny.
Oct 29, 2014 2:23 PM

May 2008
Marzan said:
SolvitePriest said:

No, Crunchyrolls's translation is also 'spanking the monkey'. I cannot remember if that bit is in the manga though. It's been a long time since I read it.

Crunchyroll might as well be a shit tier fansubber at times.

I'm wondering if he just said masterbating and it was played up for the lulz.

He said マスでもかいてたか (masu demo kaitetaka). More literal TL: Was he jerking off or something?
While CR's TL could be construed as a bit of a "creative" translation, since it is slang I don't see anything wrong with localizing it as such.

マスをかく (masu wo kaku) is one of the many "brilliant" euphemisms the Japanese have graced the world with. Along with such linguistic greats like センズリ (senzuri). Which is an abbreviation of 千回擦り~(senkaikosuri) or "the thousand time rub".

Although, if you are unable pick up on such a simple line I really don't think you should be judging anyone's translation skills.
Oct 29, 2014 2:38 PM
Jul 2011
SolvitePriest said:
DarthZaraki said:
DOES ANYBODY KNOW THAT DAMN SONG THAT IS PLAYING WHILE MIGI AND MR.A ARE FIGHTING? its all technoy and awesome, it reminds me of prodigy but i cant find a damn thing about it (google is dumb with specifics)

that is definitely not it

the song I'm talking about isn't even a dubstep song its more of a later 2000's techno song

the little tibit of it that is in the episode runs from 2:13 to 2:23

(and for the record that song was better when it used to be "rudeboy bass" [the live version]

look up the prodigy song "first warning" and you should see why it reminds me of them
DarthZarakiOct 29, 2014 2:45 PM
Oct 29, 2014 2:47 PM

Mar 2013
Another great ep, loving this adaptation so far. Kept that killing Ryoko's mum scene I always really liked. The next ep preview tho... RIP Kana's boyfriend's pomp, 1989-2014. First anime change I have an issue with.
Oct 29, 2014 2:50 PM

Jan 2013
DarthZaraki said:
SolvitePriest said:

that is definitely not it

the song I'm talking about isn't even a dubstep song its more of a later 2000's techno song

the little tibit of it that is in the episode runs from 2:13 to 2:23

(and for the record that song was better when it used to be "rudeboy bass" [the live version]

look up the prodigy song "first warning" and you should see why it reminds me of them

if nobody finds it soon ill grab it for you
Oct 29, 2014 2:56 PM

Apr 2014
Young Shinichi is so cute omg. Agh somehow I'm sensing death flags for Shinichi's parents. I thought it'd be like the taxi driver who would eat/kill them and that would encourage Shinichi's determination to get rid of other parasites. I do like how the series even gives the mom a bit of a backstory. Nice touch.

... Nevermind I guess it's more of a danger flag for Shinichi now that he's alone.
Oct 29, 2014 3:10 PM

Nov 2013
lol, why is this thread mostly people swinging handbags?

Fun episode, his dad wrote the guide on 'how not to give a fuck'. He's so stoic. She spilled boiling hot oil all over her hand and he didn't look remotely bothered :D Funny guy though. I don't even want to imagine what the state of Shinichi is by the time they get back, or even the house for that matter if he gets attacked at home.

Ending of the episode felt a bit cheesy.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 29, 2014 3:14 PM

Jul 2013
Oh will they be surprised to see the state of their house when and if they return xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Oct 29, 2014 3:16 PM

Jun 2009
Well, all I have to say is that I feel trolled by the name of the episode. I thought he was going to get that new look here. I'm honestly still not too sure if I'm really "feeling" the series so far. But, well, we'll see going forward.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 29, 2014 3:23 PM

Oct 2012
Action will be much better later on so I guess they're saving budget for our badass-Shinichi
Oct 29, 2014 3:30 PM

May 2014
Well, that was an interesting fight scene. The biggest issue that I saw was that they didn't move. At all. Until the MC slowly inched forward and stabbed A with the pole. Still, it was a very good episode. I'm getting this vibe that something bad will happen to his parents...
Oct 29, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2010
jayss said:
Action will be much better later on so I guess they're saving budget for our badass-Shinichi

Can't wait for him to take off those ugly glasses.
Oct 29, 2014 3:31 PM

Aug 2013
Despite the struggle in the beginning I found the episode very calm, I found the mother of Shinichi really weird in this episode
The action and mystery are excellent ..
Oct 29, 2014 3:35 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Six pages cleaned by removal of a lot of derailing comments and accusations.

Please Remember:
1. Discuss the points being made, don't attack the person who makes them.
2. If someone goes way too far without providing evidence or has an overly hostile tone, don't respond in kind.
3. Following up on comments between two users, or adding your own disparaging comment, just keeps the dispute going and doesn't help the problem. It's better to just simply make a comment that is on topic.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 29, 2014 3:39 PM

Apr 2012
kind of anti climatic from last episode.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Oct 29, 2014 3:43 PM

Dec 2012
Shinichi's mother was overreacting a bit.
"Was he spanking the monkey?" LOOOOOOOOOL XD
4/5
Oct 29, 2014 4:01 PM

Jan 2013
I laughed so hard when Shinichi's father said that he was spanking the monkey XD

Oct 29, 2014 4:10 PM
Mar 2014
this just gets worse every episode imo. my main problem with it is that it isn't deep or psychologically engaging unless you're very immature so the attempts to be serious just come off as goofy and silly. ost really isn't helping. i don't think "it's not trying to be serious" is really a valid argument here because it's very clearly trying. the genres on the MAL page even list drama & psychological
vegetablespiritOct 29, 2014 4:16 PM
Oct 29, 2014 4:16 PM

Mar 2009
Shinichi's parents are so nice. His mother especially. ;_;

I hope nothing bad happens to them, but did you guys see the preview? It looks rather ominous...
Death flags have been raised, I think. Especially with Shinichi being constantly worried about them.

Really liked the whole mother theme in this episode, as people have mentioned already. Shinichi's mother automatically understanding there was something up with him and the same with Ryouko's mother - it was a nice touch and interesting parallel. Not to mention Ryouko's confusion over it, unable to understand a mother's love.
Oct 29, 2014 4:32 PM

Sep 2014
Shinichi and Migi were kicking ass and shinichi's mom was burned wow never saw that one coming

can't wait for the next episode XD
Oct 29, 2014 4:33 PM

Aug 2014
Well, i didn't expect the fight to go like it did, but it wasn't bad. Glad that noob is dead, i would have also preferred if Ryoko also died, but it seems she may even be redeemable (in the distant future).

Shinichi's parents are really cool, especially the mother, she's just sweet, if not a bit overprotective. I really hope they don't get killed, ever.

4/5. I still hate that farting noise...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Oct 29, 2014 4:51 PM

Oct 2013
Death flag on Sinichi's Mom..
I hope it's a false sign
:(

Seriously, did some people just compare this to shounen?
One must understand the heart of shounen story is friendship
And clearly, this anime don't give much crap to it
"Burn the heretics"
Oct 29, 2014 4:56 PM
Jul 2018
Intense fight at the beginning between A and Migi.

That was a close call, Shinichi's mom almost found out about Migi in Shinichi's room
Oct 29, 2014 4:57 PM

Jun 2014
Some of you guys thinking the mom was overeacting... Its linked with how the mom saw Ryoukou wasn't actually her daughter. A mom can sense whats different with its child.
Oct 29, 2014 5:00 PM

Nov 2010
Toaki90 said:
Death flag on Sinichi's Mom..
I hope it's a false sign
:(

Seriously, did some people just compare this to shounen?
One must understand the heart of shounen story is friendship
And clearly, this anime don't give much crap to it

I'm not too hopeful about that, I mean there is that one part in the opening...
Oct 29, 2014 5:37 PM

Aug 2007
OwaruSekai said:
Marzan said:

Crunchyroll might as well be a shit tier fansubber at times.

I'm wondering if he just said masterbating and it was played up for the lulz.

He said マスでもかいてたか (masu demo kaitetaka). More literal TL: Was he jerking off or something?
While CR's TL could be construed as a bit of a "creative" translation, since it is slang I don't see anything wrong with localizing it as such.

マスをかく (masu wo kaku) is one of the many "brilliant" euphemisms the Japanese have graced the world with. Along with such linguistic greats like センズリ (senzuri). Which is an abbreviation of 千回擦り~(senkaikosuri) or "the thousand time rub".

Although, if you are unable pick up on such a simple line I really don't think you should be judging anyone's translation skills.

hmm thanks for the insight. Thousand time rub sounds almost regal, hah
Oct 29, 2014 6:31 PM

Aug 2014
The baby on the way should be interesting.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
Oct 29, 2014 6:40 PM

Jan 2013
iLostReason said:
Only thing that annoys me so far in this show is that damn dubstep.Seriously, who tought of using dubstep in a seinen - it makes the atmosphere a lot less serious.Also, Shinichi should man up a little - I know that he's in a shitty situation, but even worse things are going to happen if he stays this way.

It may be surprising for you, but some people over 18 actually enjoy dubstep.
A piece of my brain just shot out of my weiner!- Onodera Punpun
Oct 29, 2014 6:43 PM

Oct 2014
AWESOME!!!
Oct 29, 2014 6:45 PM

Nov 2013
iLostReason said:
Only thing that annoys me so far in this show is that damn dubstep.Seriously, who tought of using dubstep in a seinen - it makes the atmosphere a lot less serious.Also, Shinichi should man up a little - I know that he's in a shitty situation, but even worse things are going to happen if he stays this way.

You sound like a kid yourself. I personally think this series goes great with dubstep even though I don't listen to it.

Also wow already 130+ comments. Either a debate is happening here or this is really popular.
Oct 29, 2014 6:45 PM

Jan 2013
sevendeadlywins said:
this just gets worse every episode imo. my main problem with it is that it isn't deep or psychologically engaging unless you're very immature so the attempts to be serious just come off as goofy and silly. ost really isn't helping. i don't think "it's not trying to be serious" is really a valid argument here because it's very clearly trying. the genres on the MAL page even list drama & psychological

Yeah, whats with people with the generalisations and such? you and whatshisface Priest are few of them in this damn thread...

HandsomeMan said:
iLostReason said:

You sound like a kid yourself. I personally think this series goes great with dubstep even though I don't listen to it.

Also wow already 130+ comments. Either a debate is happening here or this is really popular.

That is how some smug, elitist, users operate for ya...
Oct 29, 2014 7:12 PM

Jun 2011
Oh right. I forgot why stopped reading episode threads.
Oct 29, 2014 7:13 PM
Nov 2013
Migi holding a gun and detached from Shinichi was really... Adorable. That's weird to say but he really is adorable.

Lots of good moments this episode, especially with Shinichi's mom. I feel like that was her death flag though :/

Ryouko's mom seemed to know something. I wonder if other people know about the parasites. Next episode should be great.
Oct 29, 2014 7:19 PM

Feb 2013
Tamiya's mom was overreacting. He daughter acts a bit strange and she goes for the police. While we're on the topic of moms, Shinichi's is woefully miscast. She sounds like a 16 year old.

Also I find it funny how much shitposting survived the mods comb-through
Oct 29, 2014 7:39 PM

Oct 2013
why do people rate this show so highly? The character is a wimp and the fight scenes are pretty medicore. The way I see it is that anything with "gore" qualifies for LULZ BEST ANIME EVAR THIS SEASON LULULUL by western viewers. It's a ridiculous pattern and the story kinda sucks.
Oct 29, 2014 7:44 PM

Mar 2013
"What, was he spanking the monkey or something?"
Based Dad had me going haha
Oct 29, 2014 8:01 PM

Jun 2014
If youve ever watched Higurashi, you sure as hell know what generally happens when the MC's parents go on a vacation...
Oct 29, 2014 8:11 PM

Dec 2013
We've got some foreshadowing and motherly instincts this week.

Lol, Migi was adorable when detached from Izumi.

"Spanking the monkey" and Mother's reaction was lol

Ryouko is a really interesting char, with the final scenes on mind, i wonder just what she will do with that child?

Shinichi isn't 'pure'? I'm so excited to see where this goes, easily one of the best this season.

As always, eye-candy animation, Based Madhouse best studio <3 5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 29, 2014 8:16 PM

Dec 2012
dialgatrack said:
why do people rate this show so highly? The character is a wimp and the fight scenes are pretty medicore. The way I see it is that anything with "gore" qualifies for LULZ BEST ANIME EVAR THIS SEASON LULULUL by western viewers. It's a ridiculous pattern and the story kinda sucks.

I'd agree that gore doesn't make it the best anime, for example, I personally believe that the animation for Tokyo Ghoul was overrated. However, Parasyte, being based on a 1980's manga, covers more than the shounen and gory aspects. It observes natures and morals, both humane and inhumane, and in an adultly behaviour. I think this just seems to appeal to most people.
Oct 29, 2014 8:29 PM

Jan 2013
dialgatrack said:

Cus people have different tastes? does that answer your question?
Oct 29, 2014 8:44 PM

Oct 2013
why the people are so sensitive about the voice, so annoning or something? maybe im deaf but i can hear with my hearing aids, i dont find it annoning, or maybe ive heard much worse so my tolerance is high.

and that grandma's reaction isnt out of place, that what i think, i mean her daughter act so cold, or maybe as if she were other person, or that she so old to think properly.

and shinichi's mom look so normal for me, a caring and protective, and even she knows his son so much she realised his little changes.

Shinichi isnt wimp, nor he look like knows everything and watches so much shows like 50 per year to know what to do and becomes BA, his morality is like every jap young man. His situation is really bad, had to withstand much pressure cuz he never ve done that before, and is his 1st experiences.

they are people, that doesnt mean perfectly rational, BA, or such, they can be anything, a weird one, mad manner, narcist, etc
Oct 29, 2014 8:47 PM

Nov 2013
Great episode. Not quite as good as the previous ones but still good nevertheless.

Migi in animal form was fucking adorable.

Was disappointed when I saw the MC pussying out on killing A. Don't be a Kaneki Shinichi.

Tamiya has become a heartless cold-blooded killer. Seeing Tamiya kill her mother was fucking freaky.

Now that Shinichi's parents are going on vacation and the fact that this is a horror anime, I can't see them ever returning. Shinichi is going to be an orphan, calling it right now!

Oct 29, 2014 9:46 PM

Sep 2014
Don't remember if Ive already posted, but this episode was a lot less interesting than the previous 3
Oct 29, 2014 9:57 PM

Apr 2014
So far so good. Don't let up, Madhouse xD
Oct 29, 2014 9:57 PM

May 2013
Oh how ironic the foreshadowing for the next episode. Motherly love~
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 29, 2014 9:58 PM

Dec 2011
Another great episode as it is covering the manga faithfully.Next week will be hell and this will change the MC.Can't wait...
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

655 by Akkumakira »»
5 hours ago

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.