Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 18, 2014 2:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp so the school is under attack now.

>Shield

Seems like they have all types of triggers that will be adapted. I suppose this episode's OST got better but animation remains pretty much the same. Looks like Osamu got some respect after what happened. Well done actually. Looks like they introduced some units too.
Oct 18, 2014 4:06 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Even though Osamu is relatively weak, I commend him for having the guts to go against the Trion Soldiers alone. He did manage to hold them off, even if for a little bit.
Kuga saved the day like a badass though! Loved how quickly he took down both of them almost effortlessly and he wasn't even using his own Trigger! His Trion level must be around +97%.

Kuga's made up praising and compliments about Osamu were hilarious; mainly because the way he delivered them, and he did it so Osamu would keep quiet about what really happened; as if he'd spill the beans. XD

I seriously dislike people like Kitora who are overly strict on the rules. So she's basically saying: people's lives < following rules? BS! >.<

Good episode. I want to see Chika's debut as a Trigger Adept already!

Oct 18, 2014 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
The school is under attack.

Kuga got rid of those Marmods so easily even he used Osamu's training trigger.

We learned a little more about Trion.

I really like how Kuga made up the praises and compliments about Osamu is being so awesome as a Border agent.
Oct 18, 2014 4:21 PM

Feb 2014
Well, Osamu did manage to defeat one of the Neighbors away from his classmates. But Kuga did most of the job.
When Osamu's arm was chopped off, I was kind of freaking out. But it was only his Trion dissolving away...

We get an explanation from Replica as to why Kuga had a totally different effect using Osamu's trigger.

Haha, Kuga and his overboard explanations of how Osamu defeated the Neighbors.
Osamu looked so uncomfortable with all those praises being thrown at him like that.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Oct 18, 2014 4:41 PM
Dec 2013
It was an entertaining chapter but i think it flew by really quick~

Also would like more explanation on that Trion-sumthin next to the heart, primary reason i'm waiting next chap.
"If i were to be the protagonist of a story, it would be a tragedy"
Oct 18, 2014 4:53 PM

Apr 2011
The best episode so far. But I think it can be better.
Oct 18, 2014 4:57 PM
Oct 2014
Best episode of World trigger so far
The animation was still bad but it didn't really bother me that much.
Kuga's and Ashirayama's parts were funny.
I just hope that people will stop calling Osamu a pussy by now, he proved that he wasn't just talk and actually risked his life for others, even though he's weak ; I can't deny that he's worthy of respect
Oct 18, 2014 5:35 PM

Apr 2014
I know that Osamu is a weak border agent, but I'm getting sick of every episode being OP Kuga surprising Osamu... and Osamu being left in the dust.

Okay episode.
Oct 18, 2014 5:46 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ahh gotta love Osamu. He tried his best for the people, stands up to bullies despite not being strong himself, is honest and understands the rules. He felt guilty about all the praises which were really meant for Yuuma. Knowing that he will get in deep trouble for using his trigger, he still wanted to save the students. Respect.

Kitora is just angry because she's jelly that Osamu is getting praised from her awesome squad leader :P

ScarletCrystal said:

When Osamu's arm was chopped off, I was kind of freaking out. But it was only his Trion dissolving away...

Had the same reaction when I read the manga XD
tingyOct 18, 2014 11:46 PM
Oct 18, 2014 5:53 PM

May 2013
Kuga was badass destroying those neighbors. Everybody giving Osamu the credit for that was funny. Looks like he is in deep trouble now.
Oct 18, 2014 6:07 PM

Dec 2013
Haha, this is just like Garo: going from worst to worse to bad. x)
Well, at this rate we'll maybe get to average-fine by the end of this season so I'm not complaining.
Oct 18, 2014 6:11 PM

Aug 2007
Not bad. I enjoyed this ep out of them all now. Glad they explain about Trion which was really needed. Osamu is going to get punish it seems. Well unless they do ignore it. Pretty cruel to put a cliffhanger right there. Well worse case is they make him not a trainee when we all know he isn't ready for the big time yet.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 18, 2014 6:17 PM

Feb 2014
Receiving praise for something he didn't do, well, he felt bad about it.
Oct 18, 2014 6:17 PM

Oct 2014
Damn, that was Hanazawa voicing Kitora? When I first heard Kitora speak I was like "That's not Hanazawa. I know Hanazawa's voice, it's sweet and lovely and warm and all kinds of cute.", though she really nailed Kitora with her cold and strict voice mixed witha prideful and mean streak. I don't mind that kinda voice acting of Hanazawa at all. <3

I'm so so SO glad they did not cut out how how the trion blade cut through Osamu's arm, albeit it was very fastly done which though gave the impression that the trion soldier far overpowered Osamu in both strength, speed and ability.

I remember how I was shocked in the manga when Osamu lost his arm as there it was all black and thus could be first imagined as blood. I had expected some kind of shadowish grey-blackish smoke but this kind of green-yellowish light also fits for the trion "blood".

Nice little extra with Osamu "flashback", more like fortelling XD, of CHika's brother and Chika sitting alone in the rain. We will hear and see more of that later.^^

I think this was were I started to like Osamu when before he seemed weak and kind of pathetic compared to the awesomeness of Kuga. Seing Osamu still challenging those trion soldiers and actually saving students for real was good to see. It showed that he DOES can make a difference. Ofc he totally overesitmated himself and would be dead by now if it were not for Kuga. XD
But his will is remarkable, all that is missing is the neccessary strength to back that will up.

I also liked how uncomfortable Osamu was under all the praise he felt unworthy for. His classmates basically worshipped him here and there and he's like "god noooo~" and even tries to tone it down which only makes the others see him in an even better light asa humble and true hero. XDDD

The scene I loved the most though was Jun with his siblings. I can totally relate to that. Plus it was very nicely animated and made Jun for the very short time he appeared so loveable and adorable. <3

Normally I would give this a 4 cause lets be honest, there were still many scenes they could have done better, albeit it was better than last episode, again. But Hanazawa as a cold, strict and prideful girl instead of the cute, adorable and lovely one sounds so niiiiiiceee~ that it gets another extra point just for this episode. That and Jun being goofy with his siblings. XD
Oct 18, 2014 7:44 PM
Apr 2014
Good ep. This is where the series picked up pace imo.
Oct 18, 2014 7:54 PM

Apr 2014
Kinda annoying that Osamu is so weak but the way it's portrayed in this anime is much different that the way they portray weak MCs in other animes so I kinda overlook it for some reason. I'm glad Osamu didn't play up the hero role like he had to play to make sure Kuga wasn't found out but I hope this doesn't turn into something bad for Osamu.

looket all them demons
oh boy am i scared
i better run

Oct 18, 2014 9:28 PM

Jun 2012
LOAD said:
I know that Osamu is a weak border agent, but I'm getting sick of every episode being OP Kuga surprising Osamu... and Osamu being left in the dust.

Okay episode.

Will that not true Kuga will help Osamu become strong and about lie the one true help them is Kuga will reveal it soon. but they still respect Osamu being kindness and help people even he weak that why Kuga willing to help Osamu become strong why because Osamu is not arrogant and not idiot and not greedy. Kitora Rank A The one arrogant and greedy and jealousy she will be the one bully osamu. Kitora The one true annoying character you will see that some day.
Oct 18, 2014 9:36 PM

Apr 2013
My favorite character! Others will not like her behavior.

Glad they didnt remove or censor the brutal chopping of trion body parts. Now Im more hype for the 2nd arc. Jin and Kitora's epic scenes to be exact.

Oct 18, 2014 9:40 PM

Sep 2014
Nice episode, got to learn more about the triggers which I thought was pretty cool.

And as always Kuga was a badass.

Even thought Osamu had a trainer trigger, he still went to fight so that was pretty cool too.

But didn't get to see Chika fight. :(
Oct 18, 2014 9:41 PM

Jun 2014
What? His trigger replaces his body with a clone shell and his real self just hides? how lame.
wtf that agent raping his siblings.
Oct 18, 2014 9:44 PM
Mar 2013
Dude is so weak lol.

Already knew he was gonna pull the hero act too.

Ay at least this ep is better than the previous.

Though still not impressed.
Oct 18, 2014 10:00 PM
Dec 2011
darkreaver94 said:
"Can you do that, Kitora?"
Attacked the dead trion soldier
"I could"
Prove nothing. Congrats, you made yourself looked like an idiot in front of everyone.

That's what I thought. It was awkward. Was she imagining or did she actually do that ?

Why can kuga use an ability shield without even using trigger ?

This show is getting better.
Oct 18, 2014 10:21 PM

Jan 2011
As people have said, Osamu is a real hero here, even if it was Kuga who actually destroyed the two creatures. Osamu's intervention, chopping off the spike that was about to kill the students and pushing the soldier out the window and down the side of the school, undoubtedly saved 7 or 8 lives. He kept fighting to buy more time for the students, even though he knew he was outclassed and would probably be killed. This suddenly looks like a much better show than it did in the first two episodes...hopefully people have decided to stick around and wait out the third episode before making up their minds (the Madoka Rule).
rodacOct 18, 2014 10:29 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 18, 2014 10:26 PM

Aug 2011
Im sorry I've doubted you, World Trigger. This anime is the real deal.

*boards the hype train again*
Oct 18, 2014 10:49 PM

Dec 2011
It is disappointing that Mikumo is still weak... it'll take a while before we even see him kick as as Kuga will do that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2014 11:03 PM

Jul 2011
tingy said:
Ahh gotta love Osamu. He tried his best for the people, stands up to bullies despite not being strong himself, is honest and understands the rules. He felt guilty about all the praises which were really meant for Osamu. Knowing that he will get in deep trouble for using his trigger, he still wanted to save the students. Respect.

Yes. He's a great example of a moral hero done right. :)

I wouldn't mind Kitora if she respected Osamu for saving lives, punishment or not. Too bad.

This series is growing on me. ^^
Oct 18, 2014 11:03 PM

Aug 2013
Disappointing episode again.

Literally just the third episode of Osamu being a weak little pussy, yet still trying to boss everyone around and trying to tell them what to do/what not to do, what is right/what is wrong, even though he is in NO position to talk.

Animation is still meh. Kuga still making stupid faces every other scene. Osamu still has that little poo stain next to his mouth.

If this doesn't get immensely better next episode I'll probably drop it. Which is saying something when the only other anime I've ever dropped was Watamote. I've even stuck through Pupa, Glasslip, and School Days.
Oct 18, 2014 11:26 PM

Jul 2013
Jonesy974 said:
Disappointing episode again.

Literally just the third episode of Osamu being a weak little pussy, yet still trying to boss everyone around and trying to tell them what to do/what not to do, what is right/what is wrong, even though he is in NO position to talk.

Animation is still meh. Kuga still making stupid faces every other scene. Osamu still has that little poo stain next to his mouth.

If this doesn't get immensely better next episode I'll probably drop it. Which is saying something when the only other anime I've ever dropped was Watamote. I've even stuck through Pupa, Glasslip, and School Days.

Your Worlds gona back to you just wait for it :3 dont underestimate Osamu . world Trigger is manga they just adaptation into anime. Osamu not trying to tell them what to do/what not to do, what is right/what is wrong, even though he is in NO position to talk. hahahaha you Jonesy974 dont know about world trigger isaw many people like you said this being sucks anime or what ever they Said them shock Weak Main Character Become Strong they Stop complain. You Need wait more Episode saw How Osamu Become Strong and Become Leader of four main characters. This just like Naruto Main Character so weak they begin become strong little by little.
danteinferno111Oct 19, 2014 12:14 AM
Oct 19, 2014 12:30 AM

Mar 2013
So far this was the best episode on this show,
Mikumo going to get punished next episode
I cant wait :)
Oct 19, 2014 12:31 AM

Oct 2011
Osamu defeated a Trion YAY!!!!!!

Hope to see him get stronger
Oct 19, 2014 12:39 AM

Apr 2009
i usually dislike osamu but he was ok this episode. he was humbled when he realized he cant ask kuga for help, he was really preachy about him not revealing his identity so he manned-up even if the odds are againts him. also liked the fact that he wasn't braggy about the kill that wasn't his.

i guess i'm looking at him in a wrong angle, initially i thought he was a cool semi decent fighter. but if you look at him like a somewhat preachy underdog then it makes him more tolerable
Oct 19, 2014 1:28 AM

Jan 2013
Well I think this was better in the manga. Bad animation gets in the way though. The OSTs are so non existent in the show so far, and some of them don't fit in it. Osamu is still being the weak MC who keeps getting surprised by Kuga. And man, Kuga's face expressions are so fucking annoying.
Oct 19, 2014 2:41 AM

Jul 2014
darkreaver94 said:
"I could"
Prove nothing. Congrats, you made yourself looked like an idiot in front of everyone.

My thoughts exactly

ok episode i guess. Osamu really need to get his shit together

For the love of god stop with Kuga's shitty face. it's so annoying
i might actually drop this just for Kuga's unbearable face.
Oct 19, 2014 3:05 AM
Mar 2013
nice ep, i noticed people that already rated were very low(probably never got to pass ep1) i believe this is a 7-7.2 show until now
Oct 19, 2014 3:07 AM

Mar 2013
That Kitora bitch needs to step the fuck off. Maybe if your self important ass hadn't been late to the party, he wouldn't have needed to break regulations to prevent a bunch of kids from dying.
Oct 19, 2014 3:13 AM

Aug 2013
darkreaver94 said:
"I could"

I laughed a bit at that part. Why'd she do that for anyway?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 19, 2014 3:40 AM

Oct 2013
How about using a different face other than =3=
Oct 19, 2014 4:26 AM

Feb 2009
>Osamu losing an arm
Now I know why Kaji Yuki was picked to voice him.
Oct 19, 2014 4:42 AM

Aug 2011
xchee said:
darkreaver94 said:
"I could"

I laughed a bit at that part. Why'd she do that for anyway?

Because she's cocky and think she's the best. Like most of the A class agents.
Oct 19, 2014 4:56 AM

Jun 2013
that bitch is just jealous
Oct 19, 2014 5:00 AM

Apr 2014
MC is weak as piss but at least he's got some balls.

Gotta love when the A-team stops to have a chat on the rooftop when a school is being attacked. So standard yet so irritating.
Oct 19, 2014 6:43 AM

Jul 2014
Even HanaKana can't save this... dropped.

The pacing is absolutely terrible and I really can't stand the MC (and from what I've heard he doesn't get any better). It's a real shame because the world in which the anime takes place and the whole concept of Neighbours and fighting them seem interesting enough.
Oct 19, 2014 7:48 AM

Dec 2011
The episode was nice overall, unlike the rest.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 19, 2014 8:20 AM
Dec 2011
Kondo-Isao said:
How about using a different face other than =3=

=3= because kuga is too op to get serious about anything.

=3= he could've just used his neighbor trigger and finished them faster.

=3= even being found out wearing a boarder trigger would make him suspicious.

=3=3=3=3=3=3=3=3=3=3=3=
Oct 19, 2014 9:27 AM

Mar 2014

sorry but this face is starting to piss me off
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2014 9:30 AM

Mar 2010
LOAD said:

Pretty much one of the reasons why this show fails the Three Episode Trial for me
The other reason is the unnecessary pauses
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Oct 19, 2014 9:50 AM

Jan 2013
I don't like this anime at all. It's just boring and I can't stand Kuga's face anymore -.-

Oct 19, 2014 11:09 AM

Mar 2009
Those awkward pauses...
Oct 19, 2014 12:40 PM

Jun 2011
Kitora's a bitch, there is no point for you playing the hero now when someone else has done the job, it just makes you look like some jealous little girl, wanting to be praised by others. And wow, punished for breaking regulations, can't wait to see what you rank on the character polls after that
Oct 19, 2014 12:44 PM

Oct 2008
Decent episode, the animation wasn't great but was not terrible.

It's a shame a lot of people are dropping it already. Can't blame them, the adaptation has been far from perfect, but World Trigger gets so much better later on. I just hope the anime picks up the pace as well (production wise).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2015

50 by HiraNyanNyaw »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:00 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

29 by ArcCryptid »»
Oct 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

62 by spitinyourmouth »»
Sep 28, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

56 by kx2x »»
Sep 11, 2023 6:54 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

48 by kx2x »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.