Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2014 4:21 PM

Apr 2013
CookingPriest said:
kokusho36 said:
What's with the rating? 7.75? Are you guys blind?

This is one of the most entertaining shows I've ever watched.

No moe.
Grown-up story
Atypical protagonist with no scruples.

All of that equals hate. v

Eh I can say that to you as well if you apply it to other anime

Moe
Not grown up story
Non typical protagonist with no scruples

All of that equals hate

In the end, there's no such thing as overrated. People rate based on what they enjoy and the criterias most likely to be different between people.

back to the topic, this episode was very good
Must say I didn't expect it to be better than the first
Might keep watching after all
Oct 13, 2014 4:33 PM

Jan 2013
Wow nice animation. The heavenly realm looked great...quite heavenly. I wonder if the duo will eventually become a trio or if the ex-knight guy will stay on the fringes stalking them. It would be more interesting if they all unite.

Pressing Questions: How will they get to Helhelm? Who is Amira's mother?
Predictions: Epic battles will ensue, Favaro will continue to be hilarious (for me because of how messed up he is)

Oct 13, 2014 4:49 PM

Oct 2012
Easily the best anime this season.
Oct 13, 2014 4:49 PM

Jan 2011
Favaro got himself into deep shit, and he takes it further with every moment. So he kinda has to get rid of her, one way or the other. He may not know if it does lift the curse (as we don't know enough about their magic system), but what should he do?

The only thing has at least a similar chance of getting him rid of the curse as killing her is actually leading her to Helheim. With some of the other option, he risks getting ito even more trouble. So killing her it is.

--

Besides that: I loved seeing them dance flamenco. Indeed rare to see something like that in anime. And i loved the ED. It's totally different from the OP, but so was the song used in the first episode, so saying it's "out of line" or something like that is weird.

Still not 100% sure about the design for Favaro and Kaiser, but the rest looks good, especially ofc. Amira.
Oct 13, 2014 4:53 PM
Oct 2012
We live in a small world don't we?

Let me start out that I wasn't even going to watch this when it was first announced, I'm not a big fan of Medieval settings but god damn when I saw Mappa and the rave review from critics, I gave it a shot.

I'm happy that I did.

Not a single moment came where I was bored and felt thoroughly enjoyed at what I've saw. The animation felt a bit perplexing regarding the characters since they seem stale when animated but my eyes when they fight or the world itself is interacting

I really despise the fact this show has a 7.75, then I remember MAL ratings are shit and should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm looking forward to this show and see how it goes.
Oct 13, 2014 5:00 PM

Mar 2010
Amira looks like a jester in her new outfit lol... It was nice seeing her in many outfits though...

Idk y but i prefer last episodes more.
Oct 13, 2014 5:42 PM

Jul 2014
omg, the op and ed are fantastic; the ending especially. if this anime was finished airing, i probably wouldn't have watched it. I'm so fucking glad i did
Oct 13, 2014 5:46 PM

Apr 2009
Favaro is such a fucking unlikeable dick.

So why do I like him so much
Oct 13, 2014 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
Why is the MC such a lovable little shit?
Also, Amira a cute
Oct 13, 2014 5:52 PM

May 2010
Gr33ncar said:
this is better then SNK

That's not much of a compliment.
Oct 13, 2014 6:16 PM

Aug 2012
Scumbag Favaro is best Favaro. Gotta look out for number 1, but not if the plot and a big hearted horse have anything to say about it lol. I love how once he's thrown in the situation he just basically goes 'well fuck might as well roll with it' and decisively handles the situation like a boss. No inner struggle whether or not he should help her, it almost felt parodying when he thought back to her sad story and said 'yeah fuck that she's a demon'. So very refreshing.

Amira is absolutely perfect. The revealing of her personality was a bit sudden, but I just take it as characterization. She still owns that preconceived notion you get from her from the first episode and the episode maintains that perception by establishing her motivation, she just opens up to Favaro quickly and his quirks have brought out her own playful side. At the same time, she stays somewhere in the middle as seen by her repeatedly questioning Favaro, even after he'd 'saved' her. She's oblivious yet mindful, naive yet skeptical, cute yet brutal. I really think she could end up as one of the most unique heroines we've seen in a while. Love her character design btw, reminds me a lot of Re-l, nice to see Onda Naoyuki embrace that style again, it really fits the show I think.

Got some more characterization for Kaisar as well. He's motivated by his past and Favaro screwing him over, but now he's more focused on 'rescuing' the gorgeous Amira lol. He's coming across as fickle even though he wants to be serious. I love it, the show is building great characters by making them flawed in endearing ways. Again it's almost like their characters were built to parody typical character archetypes and their actions. It shows they aren't taking their characters(and the show's tone) too seriously, but they're still serious about developing them. They just want to maintain a lightish tone and build enjoyable character dynamic. Reminds me a bit Champloo in that aspect.

This show is absolute gold so far, can't wait to see where it's heading(other than Amira probably giving Favaro the God Key lol)
Oct 13, 2014 6:21 PM
Nov 2013
Amira is a my favorite type of female characters. Its insane how powerful she is, even if she is a bit oblivious to the world. Favaro is a dick, but k think that's what makes him a good character. He just goes with the flow, even after turning her in he ended up saving her anyway. Looks like Kaiser is in love with Amira, he's pretty funny, reminds me of Dandy. I wonder if him and Favaro will become allies or continue to be rival/enemies.

This show is fucking epic. The animation is perfect, the music is astonishing (the opening song surprised me. The ending song was very beautiful). Definitely one of the best shows thus far. Hope it continues to amaze me.
Oct 13, 2014 6:30 PM

Jan 2011
Yep still loving the hell out of this hidden gem of the season spotted!, it tears me up that people in the future might be turned off by what this is based off

Favaro you're a piece of shit but i love you lol,really hope this a 2 cour these episodes go by so quick!
Oct 13, 2014 6:49 PM

Mar 2013
OP is fantastic!
Amira is the best girl. I was afraid that she would be such an emotionless character. God bless her quirky personality. As for Favaro, I can't help but crack a smile whenever he does the weirdest facial expressions.
Oct 13, 2014 7:09 PM

Jul 2012
Opening sounds badass m/

Oct 13, 2014 7:12 PM

Mar 2013
Well, that was a good second episode. I was afraid they would lose that momentum built up from the first, but they seemed to keep everything in tack. I really enjoy having such a rouge for a main character, they could have so easily done some "good" bounty hunter that sees Amria and decided to help out of his own good will, but his is just so much more fun.
Oct 13, 2014 7:12 PM

Jul 2014
again today this show was a surprise ...
- the world is expending , the characters are evolving , the animation is still great , with a bunch of fun moments , and exceptional direction/screenplay and OST ....
i have to say again a very strong episode , im not sure about the use of magic in this world .. but anyhow, if this keeps us this show might become a real Gem ...

it just f*cking Organic , the town , the people , the details are amazing to me ... i m a big traveller... i ve back-packed basically all over the world and it does look like a town in south of spain like granada ( amazing city btw tapas ! miam) , it feels authentic , wich is rare in the "anime" genre... props to it.

im suprised it hasnt caught much momentum in audience .... and this troll face !!! lol ...
apellonOct 13, 2014 7:17 PM
Oct 13, 2014 7:30 PM

Jan 2013
That was great. Amira is an interesting character. Her personality changes though. Hopefully Leone isn't always easy to dislike
Oct 13, 2014 7:39 PM

Aug 2012
pikeman1 said:
Opening sounds badass m/

Yes, so fucking metal, it's the perfect cherry on top for this series.
Oct 13, 2014 7:47 PM

Apr 2014
The OP sounds nice, and the ED too.
Favaro you f* badass mofo, and funny at the same time. "Look at my eyes, do I look like I'm lying?" and got bitch slapped the next second xD
Amira is so kawaii.
Oct 13, 2014 7:53 PM

Aug 2014
I didn't expect this anime to be so good. What a pleasant surprise!!
Oct 13, 2014 8:05 PM

Jul 2012
Damn this show man, astounding. This and Parasyte are tied AOTS for me.
If Favaro keeps this up he's going straight to my favorites, love this guy.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Oct 13, 2014 8:05 PM

Nov 2011
This show is absolutely stunning visually. Story seems to be taking an unremarkable route, but I'm loving the characters and their interaction. Amira is really cute.
MissileSoupOct 13, 2014 8:09 PM
Oct 13, 2014 8:16 PM

Jan 2008
Amira sure has a different personality than I expected from episode 1, in a good way of course. She's pretty fun and loving her demon form.

Dat OP.
Oct 13, 2014 8:22 PM

Aug 2013
This show can do no wrong. Amira is pure love <3

I kind of feel bad for those people who went "lol based on a card game it'll be shit" and ran for the hills.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 13, 2014 8:35 PM

May 2012
my fav of the season.. Indeed great OP..

Oct 13, 2014 8:46 PM

Aug 2013
The animation of this anime is amazing, the characters are also very good, although not very fond of Favaro as the protagonist, I hope Kaisar to appear more
I think this plot has so much potential ..
I liked of the OP, but not both of the ED
Oct 13, 2014 8:46 PM

Jan 2014
OP is metal as fu*k
Oct 13, 2014 9:13 PM

Jul 2014
guys !! apprently this anime isnt gettin enough loooovvinn' !!! too few people know about it , and it seems it might become a commercial failure ! ....

- i say , we organise a web buzz crusade ? !
Oct 13, 2014 9:13 PM

Jan 2013
CookingPriest said:
kokusho36 said:
What's with the rating? 7.75? Are you guys blind?

This is one of the most entertaining shows I've ever watched.

No moe.
Grown-up story
Atypical protagonist with no scruples.

All of that equals hate. v
Well, it IS MAL.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 13, 2014 9:25 PM

Sep 2014
anyone else notice whats going on here no well I will tell you Kaisar is in love with Amira

well Favoro
will fall in love with her to later on so I bet my money that this is going to turn into some half assed love triangle cliche just watch anyways not a bad episode though Favoro is annoying as hell.
Oct 13, 2014 9:32 PM
Oct 2010
AlexTheRiot said:
pikeman1 said:
Opening sounds badass m/

Why does the first few seconds look like they ripped it from GoT's intro? haha.
Oct 13, 2014 9:42 PM

Jul 2014
skudoops said:
AlexTheRiot said:

Why does the first few seconds look like they ripped it from GoT's intro? haha.

holy sh*t , yea bro u r right ... i didnt realise ! lol , it does look like its from the intro of game of thrones ! this show just lvled up yet again ...

-- about the love triangle thing , i dont think it will matter much , in fact i dont think its a point of the story at all...... but more something to have more fun dynamics going on... tho i doubt it will last for long ...
Oct 13, 2014 9:57 PM

Jun 2014
Damnnn I love that OP. Havent heard a hard rock/metal opening since Black Lagoon.
Not a huge fan of the ED song, but the art is lovely.

I'm interested to find out what a bad ass demon seems so...childish. And why exactly is she so wanted, what makes her dangerous?
I'm glad Favaro realized how much shit he was in, and thought twice about trying to kill her.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 13, 2014 10:46 PM

Jan 2011
Just a word on the score for this. People have been complaining that it is "only" 7.75, but I think it is way too early to start blowing the under-rated horn. At the time of posting it has already gone up to 7.77 and I expect to see that continue for this and subsequent episodes. The biggest move for ratings happens after the last episode is shown, and based on other unheralded anime (no hype train for this puppy), you could easily see this end up with a score around 8.2 or higher. (If you want to track how the rating changes from week to week there are clubs like MAL Score Progressions that track movement and give you a good idea of how scores change over time and which shows in a season are building audience). The same goes for the number of people watching it. We have a lot of competition in the fantasy/action genres this season (with or without harems) so it will take time for the rep and audience to build, but I'm pretty sure it has good legs.

I love Favaro, although at this point I can't make up my mind whether he is just a rogue, or whether he will turn into a loveable rogue and one of those memorable characters we'll be comparing others to for years to come. I don't think there will be a love triangle since Kaiser is basically a foil (and victim) for Favaro, but we'll see. And needless to say, Amira is just about perfect as a main female character. A character design to die for, and that scene with her dancing and then floating in the lake looking up at the stars...if that doesn't make you fall for her then you're as heartless as...as...well, as Favaro.
rodacOct 13, 2014 10:56 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 13, 2014 11:19 PM

Apr 2013
I love this show.. and the animation, wow!

need more
Oct 13, 2014 11:55 PM

Oct 2013
Loving this so far, one of the best this season. I LOVE the OP, Amira is adorable, hope to see kaiser more though since i like him better than favaro ;P, nice episode overall. can't wait for more
Oct 14, 2014 12:23 AM

Jan 2009
it continues to be great
Oct 14, 2014 12:32 AM

Dec 2013
The opening is really awesome, one of the best, if not the very best this season imo.

Ed is kinda catchy, it needs some time to grow on you.

Animation continues to amaze me.

Plot starts to thickens...

I really like the way Favaro thinks... trying to kill Amira to get rid of the tail, selfish and wicked, but interesting, he's definitely not the kinda Mc that you usually see in most anime, really starting to like him.

Look me in the eyes ";...;"
.......( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
lol.

Also kawaii Amira is kawaii >.<

Great episode 5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 14, 2014 1:18 AM

Mar 2012
So far its candidate for the best of season. Top notch execution.
Oct 14, 2014 2:24 AM

Feb 2012
What more can i say that hasnt already been said?

+amazing animation, probably even better than F/SN 2014 but thats no surprise considering the ungodly amount of money Cygames got for the card game.

+Favaro is easily the MC of the season. So much different from your atypical whitenight boy scout tool were so use to. His design compliments his rogue personality, im finding really hard not to love the guy. Arima just seals the deal, shes awesome! Im really glad they didnt go the stoic route with her.

This is a serious contender for anime of the season. 5/5
Oct 14, 2014 3:07 AM

Aug 2013
Not as good as the first episode but it was still a pretty great episode also the opening is great :D
Oct 14, 2014 3:21 AM

Dec 2012
Keep it up! KEEP IT UP!
Oct 14, 2014 3:30 AM

Apr 2014
That's it I'm calling it AOTS right now because this anime is indeed a diamond in the sea of garbage that we usually see.
Oct 14, 2014 5:06 AM

Oct 2012
Great. I'm really liking Favaro.
Oct 14, 2014 6:00 AM

Dec 2013
Favaro is such a prick, selling out Arima just to have her killed off by the Jeanne D'Arc Knights.
I'm really enjoying watching how Karma and even his horse conspires to thwart his plans. It's so amusing to have everything just "coincidentally" happen to make it seem like he's been on Arima's side all this time. The world is digging a huge hole for him right now to be buried when she finds out that he's been lying to her all this time. XD

Totally loving this hole-digging process. I can't wait to see what happens next!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 14, 2014 6:06 AM

Oct 2013
Seems that Favaro's a true bounty-hunter I guess. He obviously doesn't want to be tied down by anyone and wants to live his life to the fullest day by day since in such a profession,one never knows when they'll meet their end. Sure enough,he was kind of a dick by selling out Amira to those knights but I find that it works out here,since that's the kind of life he seems used to. Of course,I'm expecting some development from him as he travel's with Amira,something which I'm very much looking forward to.

Seriously this show will undoubtedly be the hidden gem of the season if it keeps up like this,and what a fine one it is. A good portion of western viewers will surely find it a treat,maybe even their favorite of the season but I wonder how well it'll sell in Japan since it hardly seems to cater to any major audiences there. Still,even they will probably at least enjoy the superb visuals.

In my case,a Shingeki No Bahamut is now a contender for AOTS along with UBW,Psycho Pass 2 and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.
Oct 14, 2014 6:22 AM

May 2009
Animation was so good
Oct 14, 2014 7:07 AM

Jul 2013
Wow this show, man. Animation continues to blow me away
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HelghastKillzone - Dec 29, 2014

392 by prolecy »»
Feb 24, 1:23 PM

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

152 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

121 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

132 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.