Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2014 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Amira is awesome now that I think about it. Heh, she has quite an appetite as well.

I'm also kinda curious to see what other type of monsters will exist in this series. Solid episode with the action and OST. Speaking of music, I like that ED song quite a bit. Favaro needs to be a bit more careful tbh though. I think he and Amira are going to get well.
Oct 13, 2014 7:59 AM

Nov 2013
this is a second time a metal song got synced perfectly great on anime, after Watamote OP.
This is a great episode! they use lots of MAPPA style and use some cinematography.
also, the greatest ED of the season.
10/10 episode.

looks like i've found a diamond in the sea of garbage...
i hope this anime keep their fanbase level as same as Ping Pong fanbase...
GethemalotOct 13, 2014 8:04 AM
Oct 13, 2014 8:08 AM

Apr 2008
This was totally great like episode. Great op and ed. Best ost of the season.

Lol for Favaro. I disgust towards him but in the end, it will be forced to be with Amira. Good for him. I like the personality of Amira.
Oct 13, 2014 9:01 AM

Jan 2013
This show is going pretty well. Glad they're not making the MC change is mind for some girl he just met *cough ZnT cough*

While it's a good guess that it will happen later on, it's nice that for now Favaro is sticking to his guns. I don't like Amira's new look but maybe it'll grow on me or hopefully change it back soon.

The BGM is very good. Another OST to look forward to.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 13, 2014 9:03 AM

May 2013
That lying face just cracks me up lol. Amira is a very interesting character.
Oct 13, 2014 9:07 AM

Aug 2008
babymilo91 said:
That lying face just cracks me up lol. Amira is a very interesting character.
+ Amira is very adorable! Biri Biri shiteta

That Orlean Knight has the same pendant, first reaction : "OH THE FATHER" But I don't think that's the case.
Oct 13, 2014 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
Oct 13, 2014 9:23 AM

Sep 2013
Pacing was improved this episode.. they slowed it down a tad but I still think it's a bit too fast...

The CG was a bit sloppy at times but it was great for the most part. The music as well was integrated very beautifully.

I still feel like I don't really know the characters yet... Weird because we did get some interactions and personality traits... I feel like I know the humor that comes from them more than the characters themselves.. like they are trying to do too much with characters we barely know? Wow that's vague and weird... I'll see how the series goes.

I enjoyed it more than the first episode though which was basically just action after action with little characterization. Regardless, still a fun series so far. Favaro is fun as usual and Amira seems to be growing more... albeit a little fast... Almost felt like they rewrote her character when she goes from silent monotone to "It tingled :D" all in 1 episode. lol

The humor IS pretty good. Nothing like good old Slapstick comedy with a bit of randomness thrown in to play with the expectations of the viewer. I feel like this series is more of a comedy than it is an action/adventure. lol
Oct 13, 2014 9:23 AM

Jul 2014
Stark700 said:
ED song:

No disrespect or anything... But that was horrid...
"Hi!"
Oct 13, 2014 9:26 AM

Aug 2014
Is it me or was the drawings and art more bad this episode then the first. Not the closeups but more overall.
Oct 13, 2014 9:27 AM

Jul 2010
Favaro trying to lie, that straight face with those eyes... then that.
Favaro getting covered in those green stuff!
Amira is looking for her mother, her expressiveness in this episode ^^
Kaisar falling for Amira!
Favaro wanting to get rid of his curse, even sold Amira out.

Liked how he got himself in more trouble with the knights now.
The horse having a bigger heart than Favaro does!
Oct 13, 2014 9:36 AM
May 2014
FatefulLove said:

Horses happen to quite literally have bigger hearts than humans. Awesome episode, absolutely loved the OP. Shame Kaiser ain't getting as much screentime though, like him better than Favaro.
Oct 13, 2014 9:37 AM

Aug 2010
Amazing animation as usual. The scenery is amazing in this :O

U disappoint me Favaro <_< He was really gonna betray her :( And I liked ya.

Well it's understandable but too low. This guy really does remind me of Ussop XD
With how his lies are always covered by his luck XD Hope he develops later on :3 And he's a bounty now XD

BA Horse is BA though :D

Loved Amira a lot. She was really cute while drunk and dancing. Nice animation for the dance btw. And she's BA! Really liking this girl. I prefer her with her hair down though :3
Oct 13, 2014 9:42 AM
Jan 2014
So far, so good.

The OP and ED sure are nice. Albeit the theme song of the OP doesn't really fit in with the overall theme, but we can let that one slide.

I hope Favaro's character isn't completely driven by his charm and gets developed further in. While Amira's mood changed rather quickly, I'm glad she's not that cold anymore. Kaisar's past looked troubled, from the bit we saw in this episode. Looking forward to his developement, as well.

The plot is still wrapped in shrouds and the mood for adventure is strong. It's still a fun anime to watch, especially after seeing Favaro's attempt at making a serious face twice.
Oct 13, 2014 9:46 AM

Feb 2014
Bwahahahaha this show is hilarious

Loving the characters and some fantastic animation, looking forward to the next outing
Oct 13, 2014 10:01 AM

Mar 2013
Fantastic so far, story concept isn't really unique, but how studio mappa develops their stories, and the characters are really unique and fun to watch. Can't wait for it develop further.
Oct 13, 2014 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
M3k4toku said:
Stark700 said:
ED song:

And why exactly?
Oct 13, 2014 10:05 AM
Jul 2014
So much fun, this is quickly becoming my favourite of the season!
Oct 13, 2014 10:07 AM

Feb 2014
Stark700 said:
M3k4toku said:

And why exactly?

I liked it too
Oct 13, 2014 10:10 AM

Sep 2010
Amira sooo kawaii :3 ^///^ Anyone else agree?
Oct 13, 2014 10:11 AM

Nov 2013
Okay this series is fucking fantastic.

Last ep I got Pirates of the Caribbean vibes, this episode I felt like I was watching The Mask of Zorro (even had a similar dance scene). Favaro is such a rogue, if you can write a character to be a total selfish asshole but still be largely entertaining and loveable then that's A+ in my books. Kaisar is gonna be a total sad act all no series long no doubt, getting close to his bounty only to fail somehow in the last moment through some funny trickery. Everytime he shouts FAVAROOOO I chuckle a little.

I'm surprised the visuals look so damn good. Outside of the some very odd CG in the opening scene and for the bounty collectors cart, everything looked really delicious and the world seems pretty well realised. Character designs are still very much to my taste (Favaro put on all that finery in the space of 2 seconds when he was making his escape :DD) I thought that Amira would be stoic for the most of the series, or someone who at least retained some form of monotone investigative tone. I'm overjoyed that she got tonnes of expression this episode, animated and in her voice.

Entertaining on all fronts aside from the dodgy CG at times... and I don't really like the OP song :P The ED is really nice though. Looking forward to this every week now!
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 13, 2014 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
Favaro is trying to betray Amira. He is such a liar.

Kaisar has fall in love with Amira...not bad at all.

Amira is cute.
Oct 13, 2014 10:17 AM
Oct 2010
Lmfao this episode was awesome. The MC is really a mongrel, dude only looking out for numero uno.
Oct 13, 2014 10:19 AM
Jan 2014
eXtacy67 said:
Stark700 said:

And why exactly?

I liked it too

Both the animation sequence and theme song add up very well IMHO. Not to mention that it suits the theme of the anime much, much better than the OP.

So I think that was rather a misjudge than anything...
Oct 13, 2014 10:20 AM

Jun 2013
Man this is a such a fun watch! The bridge scene was stylishly done and went perfectly with the music. Animation maintains its quality, the humor stays consistent, and the characters manage to stay interesting.

I can see from a mile away that Favaro will probably become attached to Amira and eventually save her on his own accord, but whatever. No anime can ever escape cliches anyway.

Not a real fan of how they decided to go with Amira's character because she suddenly became this cute, overpowered, and oblivious girl. Since I've seen her type of character many times, I was reasonably disappointed. Nonetheless, her chemistry with Favaro works and that's all that really matters.
Oct 13, 2014 10:23 AM

Jun 2012
Amira is great, more heroines like her in my animu please
Yes Favaro, you are a liar : P
Oct 13, 2014 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
This is unexpectedly quite good and fun. That dancing scene was so neat. Animation is nice and it gives quite a good vibe.

OP is not bad,more of the opposite and I like the ED as well.
Oct 13, 2014 10:31 AM

Jan 2014
Really enjoying this so far. Favaro is such a douchebag, but he's hilarious nonetheless. Interested to see how Kaiser's story will develop too.

Also, lol Jeanne d' Arc.
Oct 13, 2014 10:31 AM

Dec 2013
I can't express the awesomeness of this show. The art, animation and soundtrack are breathtaking. The colors are extremely vibrant. (Though someone will say this anime has horrid art, just like NGNL :D ).

It gives off such an awesome vibes, damn.

As much as F/SN was awesome, this one beats it, imo.
Oct 13, 2014 10:32 AM
Mar 2013
i don't like favaro and i dont hate him either and i can't see them(amira favaro)as a team ora more as a possible romance but this anime is great still what i was hoping for :)
Oct 13, 2014 10:32 AM

May 2014
Pls tell me this show going to be 2 cour... Everything is just too damn perfect. Also MC is one of the best I've seen so far.
Oct 13, 2014 10:35 AM

Nov 2013
pakoko said:
Not a real fan of how they decided to go with Amira's character because she suddenly became this cute, overpowered, and oblivious girl. Since I've seen her type of character many times, I was reasonably disappointed. Nonetheless, her chemistry with Favaro works and that's all that really matters.

Wouldn't you say it's kinda fitting though? She's unfamiliar with the setting having pretty much just appeared (in a terminator like-way), and is some sort of demon/half-demon. Her being cute isn't really much of a downside because they need to make characters appealing somehow to keep viewers interested.

I'd honestly rather her be like that then a mindless boring zombie whose sole purpose is to live to further the MC's goals. She has her own goal and they're actually using budget on her for subtle expression that isn't entirely fan service driven. It ain't looking too bad.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 13, 2014 10:35 AM
Mar 2013
tuvarkz said:
FatefulLove said:

Horses happen to quite literally have bigger hearts than humans. Awesome episode, absolutely loved the OP. Shame Kaiser ain't getting as much screentime though, like him better than Favaro.
i also prefer kaiser to bad he likes amira he will be hearthbroken most probably xD
Oct 13, 2014 10:36 AM

Dec 2013
cemlat said:
Pls tell me this show going to be 2 cour... Everything is just too damn perfect. Also MC is one of the best I've seen so far.

The quality of animation makes me afraid we might get like 10 episodes. Which would be the saddest thing ever.
Oct 13, 2014 10:52 AM

Sep 2010
Really like how its turning out so far!
Hope its really not only 10 eps...

Oct 13, 2014 10:58 AM

Sep 2013
now the chick seems to have changed her personality, and for a demon, she seems to lively and innocent, she doesnt even know how to ride a horse. favaro and the knights acted kinda stupid this episode, and the plot didnt advance at all
Oct 13, 2014 11:01 AM

May 2014
robis798 said:
cemlat said:

The quality of animation makes me afraid we might get like 10 episodes. Which would be the saddest thing ever.

Yeah I thought the same but I still have hope because the card game anime was based on is making billions.. They have kinda UNLIMITED money but I'm not sure how much they spend on this.
Oct 13, 2014 11:03 AM

Dec 2009
Damn, it looks like I'm the only one not feeling this anime at all.
There are some very good scenes and the music is awesome but I feel completely disconnected from the characters. The only one that doesn't bore me is Favaro and that's because I hate him. :-(
I'll probably continue watching it anyway, there is some awesome potential in it but it just isn't there at the moment.
escapeplan said:
now the chick seems to have changed her personality

Yeah, it felt like a different character. The change was kinda weird.
Oct 13, 2014 11:06 AM

Jun 2013
Vexper said:

Wouldn't you say it's kinda fitting though? She's unfamiliar with the setting having pretty much just appeared (in a terminator like-way), and is some sort of demon/half-demon. Her being cute isn't really much of a downside because they need to make characters appealing somehow to keep viewers interested.

I'd honestly rather her be like that then a mindless boring zombie whose sole purpose is to live to further the MC's goals. She has her own goal and they're actually using budget on her for subtle expression that isn't entirely fan service driven. It ain't looking too bad.

No, you're right, it is fitting given her backgrounds and circumstances. I honestly don't know how else the writers would have done her character and still managed to keep her interesting. But I'm just saying I was slightly disappointed since we've seen her type of character many times in anime and even movies (like Terminator) in which the character doesn't know his/her origins but is thrown into a human world with extraordinary powers.

It may sound like I'm picking at just this show, but that's only because I hoped that this show would be something out of the ordinary (after the exciting first episode). In any case, everything else has been enjoyable so at this point I'm just waiting for how they'll develop each of these characters.
Oct 13, 2014 11:07 AM

Mar 2013
Oh a Cerberus at the end!
Oct 13, 2014 11:09 AM

Apr 2008
-Resident- said:
eXtacy67 said:

I liked it too

Both the animation sequence and theme song add up very well IMHO. Not to mention that it suits the theme of the anime much, much better than the OP.

Who sing that? This is so great as music.
Oct 13, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2014
KiraYoshikage said:
-Resident- said:

Who sing that? This is so great as music.

My Opinion is bias and I'll say it now. I found the music way too relaxing compared to the previous OST's Shingeki no Bahamut introduced, which were loud, had bass and totally got me hyped. This, sadly didn't. It didn't feel like a part of the series and felt quite eastern (Well no derp me) while the other OST's felt western.

Legit like, what the actual fuck is Amira doing?
"Hi!"
Oct 13, 2014 11:17 AM

Jul 2014
Amira is cool

Another good episode, this anime is certainly one of the few best this season for me.

Jul 2014
M3k4toku said:

Legit like, what the actual fuck is Amira doing?

For the love of Narnia, i think she is dancing, holy shit... really dude, really...

Nov 2009
It's ridiculous how good this thing is, especially for something that's supposed to be simply promoting a card game. Most anime this season can't even begin to compare.

Kaisar is so adorkable in his earnestness, seriousness and innocence. Here's hoping the trio will end up working together sometime soon.

Amira is probably a daughter of that human soldier and a demoness from Helheim.
CGOct 13, 2014 11:52 AM
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 13, 2014 11:20 AM

Nov 2012
lol that mc is hilarious and he ends up saving Amira by chance that was funny.
Oct 13, 2014 11:21 AM

Mar 2014
Man this is great, Amira's personality is completely different from what I expected but it makes for some really amusing scenes.
Oct 13, 2014 11:29 AM

Jun 2008
Wow! Our girl looked so no bullshit in the first episode that it was a shock seeing her actually dancing and getting drunk etc.
Don't like the twin tails look though. Can we return to the previous look?
Despite, she still has from the most beautiful designs in anime.
BTW seeing as those guys magic doesn't seem to be affecting her much i guess she not a real demon but something else.

Vexper said:
Okay this series is fucking fantastic.

Last ep I got Pirates of the Caribbean vibes, this episode I felt like I was watching The Mask of Zorro (even had a similar dance scene). Favaro is such a rogue, if you can write a character to be a total selfish asshole but still be largely entertaining and loveable then that's A+ in my books. Kaisar is gonna be a total sad act all no series long no doubt, getting close to his bounty only to fail somehow in the last moment through some funny trickery. Everytime he shouts FAVAROOOO I chuckle a little.

I'm surprised the visuals look so damn good. Outside of the some very odd CG in the opening scene and for the bounty collectors cart, everything looked really delicious and the world seems pretty well realised. Character designs are still very much to my taste (Favaro put on all that finery in the space of 2 seconds when he was making his escape :DD) I thought that Amira would be stoic for the most of the series, or someone who at least retained some form of monotone investigative tone. I'm overjoyed that she got tonnes of expression this episode, animated and in her voice.

Entertaining on all fronts aside from the dodgy CG at times... and I don't really like the OP song :P The ED is really nice though. Looking forward to this every week now!

Couldn't have said it better. This show really is a nice surprise this season.

M3k4toku said:
Stark700 said:
ED song:

No disrespect or anything but the same can be said about what you find horrid.
MonadOct 13, 2014 11:37 AM
Oct 13, 2014 11:30 AM
Oct 2012
damnn good anime so far. people underrating the s*** out of this
Oct 13, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2012
Great fucking show, what a season this is.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HelghastKillzone - Dec 29, 2014

392 by prolecy »»
Feb 24, 1:23 PM

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

152 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

121 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

132 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.