Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Dec 25, 2014 6:16 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty funny, but their faces look kinda odd. Might keep watching.
Dec 26, 2014 1:47 AM

Oct 2014
I like it! Great art, it's rare for me to see "full" lips in an anime. Great OP/ED and BGM. Let's see where this is going. :)
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Dec 28, 2014 11:24 PM

Aug 2014
lol I thought this anime was going to be really serious judging from the trailer. i seriously thought he died in the first episode when that baseball hit him, but... it turned out to be a joke... which is ... cool?
Jan 2, 2015 2:36 PM

Apr 2013
The art style is pretty.
Jan 2, 2015 9:46 PM

Jun 2013
I'm also playing piano and violin, and this anime will be my inspiration. :)
Reminds me of Nodame Cantabile.
Jan 4, 2015 7:24 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I feel bad for Kousei. His mother beating him up daily during piano practices just so that he can become a World Class Pro pianist. Must have been hell for Kousei.

Kaori seems like a nice girl. Despite her menacing attitude toward Kousei because of the photo she grabs his hand and takes him with her.

The piano event at the start was very good.

Jan 9, 2015 12:24 PM

Aug 2014
Omg, that black little kitty with those blue eyes is so cute! :3
Of course I loved to saw Kousei playing his skills on the piano, and Kaori shows in the middle of the park was great too! :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 23, 2015 6:42 AM

Sep 2013
Times sure have changed. These kids are so young and talking about love already haha.
Jan 25, 2015 8:10 AM

Dec 2014
Wow ... They adapted the manga chapter really well .. The art is soo much better than the manga . Im really hoping for a miracle so that we can get a happy ending with kaori. Though its unlikely due to the title as well as the amount of death flags being dropped in the manga :| Onwards to the next episode ....
There’s no hope on the battlefield.
It has nothing but unspeakable despair.
Just a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated.
Yet humanity has never recognized this truth.
And the reason for that is, in every era,
a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends and prevented them from seeing the evil of bloodshed.
The true nature of humanity has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age!
Jan 25, 2015 8:49 PM

Feb 2010
What a lovely first episode.
Feb 1, 2015 11:04 PM
Feb 2015
nah, can anyone tell me what song the pianica played and its notes..?
is it hard song to play? it seems like child can play it..
Feb 3, 2015 10:59 PM

Nov 2011
Love at first sight / hearing to the OP ... :)
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Feb 12, 2015 5:20 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, beautiful animation directing, art, and music. I was taken away by this first episode.
Feb 14, 2015 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
Kaori, is that you?
Feb 15, 2015 5:28 AM

May 2009
Fatma94 said:
Kaori, is that you?

Feb 15, 2015 9:30 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, more than I expected... The animation, colouring and cinematography is beautiful.. And it's been awhile since I last watched an anime that has to do with classical music~

Looking forward to this~
Feb 20, 2015 8:15 AM
Feb 2015
Nice episode. Seems to be a nice school story with a bit of romance and a lot of friendship. I really liked characters' design and features. It looks like series with a light-hearted story such as Sakurasou. I like the animation and these warm colours. Looks promising.
Feb 21, 2015 11:40 PM

Dec 2012
Beautiful

Feb 23, 2015 5:45 PM
Nov 2014
What a way to start an anime indeed, the art is fucking classy.
Mar 3, 2015 3:35 AM

Jun 2011
The end of the episode screams fate! Great start, I can see myself loving this series already.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 13, 2015 1:12 AM

Jun 2009
This was a great first episode, I have high expectations for this.
Mar 17, 2015 7:45 AM

Dec 2012
I had meant to pick this up in October, but now that it's about to finish airing what better time? I have to say this was a strong first impression. I'm feeling the art style and general mood behind it. The music background is somewhat relatable as well and I hope there is a focus on it. The one thing that caught me off guard though was the humor. It's not necessarily out of place, but sudden transition from gorgeous character designs to chibi-exaggerated things just seems really bizarre.
Mar 19, 2015 11:37 AM

Mar 2012
Really enjoyed Nodame Cantabile so hoping this series turns out to be as good.

Gotta get used to the "sparkly" look everyone has and it seems your typical love triangle between childhood friend and new girl is going to happen >.> The comedy at the end was pretty good though.

Oh yea, hope to hear some great classical music in the upcoming episodes :)
Mar 27, 2015 2:13 AM

Jan 2008
I decided to watch this to see what the hype is all about and so far I am disappointed.

I expected it to be a heartfelt feel-good type of story but what I saw was a bunch of clichés and tropes which would be more at home in an silly harem rom-com.

For starters, the main character is a complete pushover. He gets his head wrecked, blood flowing down the side, yet he shows no reaction other than mild annoyance. He gets chewed out by the principal for something he did not do and he stayed there for one hour and he just took it. He gets constantly pushed around by his female friend Tsubaki. The slapstick is not even funny. “Hey dude, here’s a baseball to your head.” A big part of enjoying heartfelt drama shows is being able to sympathize and relate to the characters. I’m sorry but I cannot feel any sympathy for a character who seems like willfully taking all the abuse.

In the second part of the episode there was a really nice scene with him watching Kaori play with the kids, but they had to spoil it with the “Accidental pervert” routine. Seriously? This is one trope that simply needs to disappear and even if it doesn’t it should stay in silly ecchi/harem shows.

At the end, Kaori who should still be angry at him, kindly invites him to come with her. I mean – what the hell? The sudden 180 degree was totally unexpected and unbelievable.

So, I am wondering, is it worth it to continue watching? The music and visuals are amazing for sure, but I would not be able to handle many more episodes like this one. Does the main character grow more assertive at least? Do they continue with the silly harem hijinks?
Mar 27, 2015 2:46 AM

Nov 2013
Darklord_bg said:
I decided to watch this to see what the hype is all about and so far I am disappointed.

I expected it to be a heartfelt feel-good type of story but what I saw was a bunch of clichés and tropes which would be more at home in an silly harem rom-com.

For starters, the main character is a complete pushover. He gets his head wrecked, blood flowing down the side, yet he shows no reaction other than mild annoyance. He gets chewed out by the principal for something he did not do and he stayed there for one hour and he just took it. He gets constantly pushed around by his female friend Tsubaki. The slapstick is not even funny. “Hey dude, here’s a baseball to your head.” A big part of enjoying heartfelt drama shows is being able to sympathize and relate to the characters. I’m sorry but I cannot feel any sympathy for a character who seems like willfully taking all the abuse.

In the second part of the episode there was a really nice scene with him watching Kaori play with the kids, but they had to spoil it with the “Accidental pervert” routine. Seriously? This is one trope that simply needs to disappear and even if it doesn’t it should stay in silly ecchi/harem shows.

At the end, Kaori who should still be angry at him, kindly invites him to come with her. I mean – what the hell? The sudden 180 degree was totally unexpected and unbelievable.

So, I am wondering, is it worth it to continue watching? The music and visuals are amazing for sure, but I would not be able to handle many more episodes like this one. Does the main character grow more assertive at least? Do they continue with the silly harem hijinks?

It doesn't get better. Maybe you could try watching the 2nd episode and see if you like the music. I recommend dropping it now if you don't like what you've seen.
Mar 27, 2015 3:14 AM

Jan 2008
Lollo36 said:

It doesn't get better. Maybe you could try watching the 2nd episode and see if you like the music. I recommend dropping it now if you don't like what you've seen.

Thanks, I will give it a couple of more episodes, since it has such a high rating and so much praise. But honestly, I would not be surprised if it does not change. Modern anime is too dependent on certain trends and cliches.
Mar 27, 2015 5:14 PM

Jul 2014
The only thing I don't like so far is how their lips look LOL
Mar 27, 2015 5:43 PM

Jun 2014
I always feel a little sad when I see little kids who are really good at playing an instrument or something. Because it's obvious they spent hours and hours practicing, and I always can't help but feel like they were forced into it, and they don't actually enjoy what they're doing. It makes me upset, to be honest. I'm not saying it's always the case, but...idk this was a perfect example.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2015 5:10 AM

Dec 2013
I'm instantly hooked, damn!
Mar 28, 2015 11:58 PM

Sep 2013
Why is yasen-baka (Sendai) a 14 year old girl : /

also fuck spoilers
Mar 29, 2015 4:50 AM

Aug 2013
Alright it's right in my alley. Beautiful.
Apr 2, 2015 5:36 AM
May 2012
I didn't expect this Anime to cause a ruckus when it was announced. When this was announced, I was expecting a heartwarming and touching story because of the music and all, but from what I saw, looks like this will turn dark?? Well, let's see about that.
I like the animation, character designs, atmosphere, and the sceneries. Goose House opening~ I like their music <3 Nice ending song, too.
Some people say this is bad, some people say this is really good. We'll see. I am surprised that this is currently 13th place here in MAL, though.
Apr 10, 2015 4:45 PM

Sep 2012
Physically and emotionally abusive mom = BAD

Physically and emotionally abusive friends = LOL LOOK AT HIM SUFFER

Of course we need the two main characters to be introduced in the most annoying and cliche fucking way you can possibly introduce a male and female character:

PERVERTED MISUNDERSTANDING (LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL) = SHE HITS HIM A LOT AND GETS MAD AND HURTS HIM (LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL) THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THEY'RE FRIENDS FOR LITERALLY NO REASON

To say it's been done to death is a fucking understatement, and coming from a show that's marketing itself as more than a shitty sell-out harem romcom is just fucking unacceptable.

Then his childhood friend is probably the most obnoxious character I've come across this entire year. She's everything I hate about anime wrapped up into one infuriating psycho-cunt. She broke the window causing shards of glass to fly into his skull, as he lays on the floor in a pool of his own fucking blood - doesn't care, angry at him for no reason. LOL COMEDY RIGHT??

And he gets in trouble for it and has to write an apology? ....what?? Why was she not fucking expelled for possibly committing man-slaughter?

Then she asks him to meet her friend or whatever (and is a huge douchebag about it for no reason), and then when he gets there she's angry at him for no reason and starts talking to him like a giant asshole.

Oh, but she has a crush on him.

If you're gonna make domestic abuse a legit theme, perhaps you shouldn't be glorifying and making light of fucking abuse.

The main character himself is typical spineless no-personality-kun who's backstory is supposed to be tragic, but is impossible to take seriously because the rest of the time apparently being the victim of physical attacks is supposed to be funny.

Blonde girl acts like a retard and her personality flip-flops for no reason.

The other guy is annoying and doesn't have a character.

The only thing that could save this show is if the entire plot revolves around him getting the courage to tell his "friend" to go fuck herself and to stay out of his life.

I won't hold my breath.
Apr 18, 2015 11:35 AM

May 2012
Quite lovely start I must say, I like the setting and I already have a thought on how the story will go! Liking the overall atmosphere and art from this anime, so without further ado let's see what will happen next!
Apr 23, 2015 6:38 PM

Oct 2014
That was an absoluely amazing first episode. The animation is great, the OP, ED, OST, and voice acting are all brilliant, the story already has me interested, the characters seem relatable and great. Really happy I decided to start this!
Apr 27, 2015 6:43 AM
Nov 2013
Wow that ending song was amazing. This series is off to a great start
May 15, 2015 1:02 PM

May 2015
Great episode ! :D
I really love the show.
The animation is beautiful (except for funny moments) and the design of the characters is pleasant to see.
The scenario is pretty original, I find. ;)
Jun 11, 2015 12:59 AM

May 2015
The moonlight sonata at the beginning was beautiful and it definitely left me with high hopes since I love music. The animation style really bothers me, and the OP and ED were so so. Also this much drama surrounding the MC in episode 1?! I don't know how long I will watch this. I'll give it another episode or two.
Jun 25, 2015 8:15 PM

Feb 2010
OST is catchy, but the usage of sound for this episode was dull. It's either dead silence or cued the specific theme. Already, the anime uses its own OP as source music, which in itself is already an anime cliche. It bothers me that some things are left unexplained and was simply passed off as comedy. We see MC gets his head busted and bled in large amounts, but we're just given it was an act of humor. The constant transition into chibis/toons is a bit annoying, and I would say it appears bipolar. It leaped from bad jokes into a melodramatic background story within minutes. Lead me to assume it's an anime that should be taken seriously when only it wants you to through obvious hints.

I'd like to give a hand for their incredibly symbolic opener for the new character who will change MC's life. The flowing cherry blossoms, supposedly white doves (new birth), and playing of the girl's principal tune. As we see her standing far and high where MC below is in awe. In tears, she is moved by her own passion for music. All this before she gives MC the power to strive for music once more. Lets not forget it's all bundled with the chibi/tune transition to create the humorous atmosphere. I've seen shows that have done similar in symbolic cliche, but not to this extent. And such series were about a decade old, we should expect some better writing by now, would we?

Hopefully, the show can find a right path, so far it showed itself to be written by bipolar writers. Lets enjoy another story of a depressed loser who lost it all and get revived by a girl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2015 1:39 PM

May 2010
Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement - I'm sold.
Nov 2, 2015 7:47 AM

May 2015
Cuuuuuute. I hope the MC manages to get that misunderstanding cleared up, though. I generally like tsundere, but I just finished watching an anime with the biggest tsundere character I have ever seen and I need a break from that now. XD
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 20, 2015 11:29 PM
Nov 2015
LOL that coincidence when Kousei took a picture of her. Also that moment when Tsubaki threw that baseball to Kousei's head.

But that flashback thou.
Dec 11, 2015 4:20 PM

Jul 2014
That was amazing as a first episode *~*
First thing's first, THAT BADASS ANIMATION!!! I mean, unbelievable. It's been quite a while since I saw such amazing animation in a series.
Secondly, both the OP and the ED were nice.
And finally, I love the story already, I guess. My favorite part of the episode, definitely where Kousei said that his world was about to get colorful. You know, the first time he saw Kaori. That screening was just awesome *~*

It's too bad that I don't color anyone's world, though.
#ForeverAlone Y~Y
Dec 20, 2015 2:13 PM

Mar 2014
Red_Keys said:
Physically and emotionally abusive mom = BAD

Physically and emotionally abusive friends = LOL LOOK AT HIM SUFFER

Of course we need the two main characters to be introduced in the most annoying and cliche fucking way you can possibly introduce a male and female character:

PERVERTED MISUNDERSTANDING (LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL) = SHE HITS HIM A LOT AND GETS MAD AND HURTS HIM (LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL) THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THEY'RE FRIENDS FOR LITERALLY NO REASON

To say it's been done to death is a fucking understatement, and coming from a show that's marketing itself as more than a shitty sell-out harem romcom is just fucking unacceptable.

Then his childhood friend is probably the most obnoxious character I've come across this entire year. She's everything I hate about anime wrapped up into one infuriating psycho-cunt. She broke the window causing shards of glass to fly into his skull, as he lays on the floor in a pool of his own fucking blood - doesn't care, angry at him for no reason. LOL COMEDY RIGHT??

And he gets in trouble for it and has to write an apology? ....what?? Why was she not fucking expelled for possibly committing man-slaughter?

Then she asks him to meet her friend or whatever (and is a huge douchebag about it for no reason), and then when he gets there she's angry at him for no reason and starts talking to him like a giant asshole.

Oh, but she has a crush on him.

If you're gonna make domestic abuse a legit theme, perhaps you shouldn't be glorifying and making light of fucking abuse.

The main character himself is typical spineless no-personality-kun who's backstory is supposed to be tragic, but is impossible to take seriously because the rest of the time apparently being the victim of physical attacks is supposed to be funny.

Blonde girl acts like a retard and her personality flip-flops for no reason.

The other guy is annoying and doesn't have a character.

The only thing that could save this show is if the entire plot revolves around him getting the courage to tell his "friend" to go fuck herself and to stay out of his life.

I won't hold my breath.
Sums up my thoughts about this episode pretty well

Looks like it's going to be a tough ride. Urgh
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 28, 2015 4:03 AM

Jun 2009
nodame cantabile is one of my favourite anime. i will savour the next 21 episodes. why there are not more anime like these two, i do not know.
loghneckbeardDec 28, 2015 11:51 PM
Jan 15, 2016 8:06 PM

Aug 2012
The animation is BEAUTIFUL and the characters seem interesting :)
The opening was really good aswell.
Jan 25, 2016 10:24 AM

Jul 2013
Great first episode! Loved the art in this show and the sound track, fittingly, is very well composed and suits the various scenes, and sounds great! Looking forward to watching the rest of this series.
Jan 28, 2016 11:29 AM

Jul 2012
When I started this episode, a Laputa reference certainly wasn't one of the things I expected to see. Looking promising so far, I hope this will be able to live up to the hype.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Mar 1, 2016 4:31 PM

Jan 2013
I liked the piano guy's back story. I look forward to seeing more of it in the future episodes. 3/5
Mar 1, 2016 10:21 PM

Feb 2010
So far it looks cute. I heard it was great so I have high hopes! I love anime that has to do with music so that's a plus.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1175 by Meztroz »»
Apr 28, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.