Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 4, 2014 8:38 PM

Jan 2011
Boy was that OP spoilerific had to make sure this was another 25eps again with the insane amount of characters they showed, but hey Database is still base! part of me wanted something new but i guess staying with the popular and well loved one is for the best new ED was catchy as the last one though.

I am looking forward to whats in stored this time around as long as all that romance that happened near the end of s1 gets toned down
Oct 4, 2014 8:45 PM

Sep 2008
BlueXRam said:
Nyantana's face is too bright
Disappointed there is still going to be a love triangle with a 14 year old... Seriously come on

omg yea can this go away now, it annoys me to hell. still keeping my hopes up that now that shiroe is gonna be away, there won't be anymore awkward "trying to get into sensei's pants while living in the database" moments, let's just stop this now.

DatKurama said:
silverwalls said:
yay, finally more DATABASE!! love that they kept the song, can't imagine LH without it!
and a pretty good first episode. i'm a bit confused about the last scene with akatsuki and shiroe though.

I am also indeed very confused at that part too. After the whole meeting thing, that part came up and i went hectic lost as heck.

im confused and scared. I'm also irritated over the fact that this anime does not have a legit spoiler cut, like i did not ask for these spoilers on the first episode!! log horizon writers you are wrong if you think i'm gonna forget. this will be bugging me every episode now but im really excited ok. the only thing i know for sure now is that we will find out about the memory loss business they were trying to figure out last season if they are going to go through this situation themselves.
Oct 4, 2014 9:04 PM

Aug 2008
It's BAACK! DATABASE!DATABASE! Seems like $hit going down for this arc.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 4, 2014 9:54 PM

Dec 2013
Oh yes, looks like there will be no chibis for a while; instant 10 rating.
Oct 4, 2014 10:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Yay, Akatsuki is back.

"My Lord"

Interesting story, Shiroe leaving Akihabara. Hopefully, Shiroe realizes Akatsuki's feelings before Minami gets to Shiroe.

New ED is so win.

Oct 4, 2014 10:12 PM

Mar 2012
New animation threw me off a bit, preferred the one from S1 : /

Good to see Database back c:

Seems like some crazy stuff is going to happen this season, Shiroe and Akatsuki apparently dying being one of them :o
Oct 4, 2014 10:27 PM
May 2014
I don't understand one thing: how can there be a whole clan of players (I assume) that controls the whole game's finance? Wouldn't those guys be overpowered? Can someone enlighten me about what happened there because I can't wrap my mind around this.
Oct 4, 2014 10:47 PM

Jul 2013
Noobyrex said:
I don't understand one thing: how can there be a whole clan of players (I assume) that controls the whole game's finance? Wouldn't those guys be overpowered? Can someone enlighten me about what happened there because I can't wrap my mind around this.

I believe the Kunie Clan are actually the 'People of the Land', or just the NPCs.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Oct 4, 2014 11:39 PM

Oct 2013
And we are back in this land
Oct 5, 2014 12:00 AM

Apr 2013
Same OP? w/e still good
Oct 5, 2014 12:51 AM

Nov 2013
Wow! DATABASE!
What caught my attention: Kanami's huge breast, cute blue monster, Marie's hair, and Regan's puppy eyes. XD
Nice first episode btw. The ED was nice too.
Oct 5, 2014 12:58 AM

Aug 2012
Counteraction Rising is baaack~
But seriously, those DEENimation hurts my eyes. Kudos for the new character designs though,
Oct 5, 2014 1:31 AM

Jul 2013
Only 80 trillion? Not much at all Shiroe, not much at all.
Lol Naotsugu's reaction to it XD
DATABASE IS BACK!
Dat ED Akatsuki so cute.
lel Kanami's gargantuan breasts

Oh? Didn't expect them to show that scene at the end where Akatsuki and Shiroe were both killed.
Oct 5, 2014 1:38 AM

Jan 2010
There are some extremely annoying characters in this anime that need to be dead for it to become better in quality. That busty blonde haired character for one, that little girl who is into the Cat guy and finally they need to put an end to that apparent harem involving a damn kid. There are a lot of silly moments involving these characters. I struggled to give a 3/5 for ep 1.
Oct 5, 2014 1:43 AM

Mar 2012
Noobyrex said:
Just like Eastal noble they are NPC.

Anyway I like that they show Shoujirou and Akatsuki vs unknown enemy at the beginning and Shiroe and Akatsuki death at the end. This season will show how much they grow.

Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 5, 2014 1:52 AM

Aug 2013
jonnyhan said:
There are some extremely annoying characters in this anime that need to be dead for it to become better in quality. That busty blonde haired character for one, that little girl who is into the Cat guy and finally they need to put an end to that apparent harem involving a damn kid. There are a lot of silly moments involving these characters. I struggled to give a 3/5 for ep 1.

What? You don't like Serara and Marielle?! How can you not like her with that cute Kansai accent? :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 5, 2014 2:35 AM

Jul 2012
Lol I really dislike this artstyle compared to before. At least the story's cool enough to continue watching.

The art went from natsu_no_koucha to b;bl;bldfl;/

uuu at least it's not toooo different. But all of their faces aren't cute or cool anymore.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Oct 5, 2014 3:06 AM

Jun 2010
It's back!! DATABASE DATABASE WO OHHH

Dat obligatory 1 minute spoiler at the start lol. Also I wonder what's that premonition thingy at the end, why would they want to spoil what's going to happen :o
Oct 5, 2014 3:10 AM

Jan 2011
Didn't really have a problem with the animation/art style. I found it quite ok maybe with the exception of Regal. He just looks weird, though I already found him weird in S1.

Surprised that they decided to stick with the same OP.
And of course, you can't have a Log Horizon ED without Akatsuki being the main.

Found it a bit messy from that first part and last part. Still, it is a first ep after all. Probably after a few eps it'll be clearer to me.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Oct 5, 2014 6:10 AM
Mar 2013
great start :v
Oct 5, 2014 6:30 AM

Jun 2008
The Database show is finally back. Good times begin.

Btw, what did they do to the characters hair? They look worse really. Like they are made of paper. Marielle had nice hair, now they got replaced by paper hair.

BlueXRam said:
kaimax said:

And Why is that a problem?

I didn't say it's a problem, I am just curious to how their real self correlates with their game character.

Obviously it's not a requirement to look like your real self or else Nyatta will be the weirdest creature ever.
MonadOct 5, 2014 6:34 AM
Oct 5, 2014 6:47 AM

Jul 2013
Oh fuck the drawings, they are moving! They are fucking moving!

Lel the animation has improved, hope it stays consistent but since it's done by Studio Deen...
Oct 5, 2014 7:08 AM

Aug 2013
Same intro song as season one?.... Eh.

At the end are they back in the normal world?
My Candies:
Oct 5, 2014 7:48 AM

Feb 2013
Pretty good first episode. Didn't think they were gonna keep the same op but it's whatever. Can't wait for more.
Oct 5, 2014 8:02 AM
Jan 2011
No ones probably gonna read this but, so glad to see the 2nd season of Log Horizon is out. This is the first time in my life that I have ever caught a show practically on the day it aired. That said, I'm really excited to see where this Kunie clan plot takes us. LH always has a way of throwing surprises our way in the form of Shiro's tactics, and even with new animation style, I have no doubt they can pull it off here
Oct 5, 2014 8:35 AM

Feb 2013
It felt like it lost all its momentum, i was kinda upset at that fact but at least its starting fresh
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 5, 2014 8:59 AM

Dec 2008
Yes! It's back!! Is it just me, or did the character design and animation get a real boost?!
Shiroe said he died. I feel like I want to panic!

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 5, 2014 9:53 AM

Apr 2013
Log Horizon's author is very close to the fans, discussing with them on 4chan and the like, even saying it's okay to download illegally the episodes (as long as you buy if you become ricjh lol? :p ).
It's pretty obvious that he noticed the database opening was heavily associated with this show every time someone was talking about Log Horizon. Very good idea to keep the opening and only change the ending (it's not about which was better, the ending wasn't heavily associated with LH like the opening was).

Man, William looks really cool with DEEN's redesign, judging by the illustrations in the other thread, that's how he's supposed to looks in the LN. Looks like Deen decided to brings character's design closer to the original. Why not.
Oct 5, 2014 11:47 AM

Oct 2012
Database Database!! xD
*Database intensified
"Signature removed"
Oct 5, 2014 1:03 PM
Jul 2013
So glad they kept the original OP.
Oct 5, 2014 1:42 PM
Nov 2012
First season, leveraged buyout of Guild hall for 5 million. Second season, 80 trillion gold needed to buy out, what? Poor Atatsuki. Her lord is really a landlord.
Oct 5, 2014 2:09 PM

Oct 2011
Dat Op scene 0_______0

New weapons and armor : 0

Kunie Clan who controls the worlds money : 0

Real world Shiroe and Naotsgug : )

Silver Sword William and Demikas are back OMG

Whoa did Shiore and Akatsuki die by that boss in the beginning of the ep??

So this whole event takes place before Christmas Eve : 0
Oct 5, 2014 2:11 PM

Jan 2009
Databaaaaaaaaased as hell.

Love to see this show back. Liking the new visuals, gj DEEN.
Oct 5, 2014 2:19 PM
Jun 2012
Maybe the things everyone is bitching about being spoilers wouldn't be such spoilers if everyone weren't constantly bitching about them being spoilers?

It's alright to reveal a little bit about the story's conclusion as long as the circumstances are kept shrouded in mystery. This is exactly what is being done here. Let it drift to the back of the audience's minds while they watch the story unfold. It'll then hit that much harder when the actual scene comes around. A lot of novels and light novels use this by having a prologue that will highlight a pivotal scene or moment in the story to catch the reader's interest. The reader is expected to forget about this as they are introduced to the story under a different context and situation.

The way people are bitching about this now, I'll be surprised if people still are complaining about this when the actual episode relating to these scenes rolls around.

Also, thanks a lot for the unmarked Roe2 spoilers...
Oct 5, 2014 5:37 PM

Dec 2012
Gotta stick to that database, database! I was a little worried about the change of animation studios, especially deen, but it is looking phenomenal so far and still has the same Log Horizon feel. I like how it's wasted no time with Shiroe's strategizing, looking forward to where this leads. I am so confused about that ending though, this looks like it's going to keep me guessing for a while.

^ Haven't seen any spoilers (luckily) but just keep it out of anime discussions. It's that simple.
Oct 5, 2014 6:22 PM

Apr 2012
Database song :D
second OP animation is nice but i think the first one is better

need 80 trillion money!!!
so many zero number D:

can't wait to see Shiroe handle this problem :D
i like the ED song is nice and cute :D

Oct 5, 2014 6:38 PM
Aug 2014
YASS!!!

So essited, episode is great! Can't wait for more.
Oct 5, 2014 7:47 PM

Jan 2011
With that much money, Shiroe either wants to by the city, the land, or the bank system. Or any combination of this.

Of the first two it depends who he has to pay the money too. If he owns the one recieving the 10 million/month, he can simply lower/remove the cost or transfer the money back.

If he controls the bank system, he has nearly unlimited money. So either way, problem solved. The later would also help for future endeavours. Though owning the city itself, not only some buildings would surely also open some possibilities for someone like Shiroe.

I wonder if the NPCs have money in noteworthy amounts. I mean, maybe not 80 trilliion, but a kingdom should have several billions when owning some facilities in a city costs 10 million. And Shiroe just happens to be good friends with a certain princess..

Besides that: Too bad they switched the ED. Database is nice and all, but nothing compared to the original ED :/
Oct 5, 2014 7:52 PM

Oct 2012
hmm....I feel like they should've changed the OP but whatever. Not too big of a deal imo. ED was definitely good though :3

Oct 5, 2014 11:42 PM

Feb 2012
Ugh.. Too many flash-forwards, kept confusing me. I hope they don't do these anymore, I don't want to know anything else that happens later in the story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2014 12:33 AM

Jul 2012
I was a bit nervous with Studio DEEN adapting this season, but so far, so good.

I love how this series has an explanation for almost everything in an MMORPG. With the revival and now the coins from monsters. I'm sure there were other explanations, but I don't remember off the top of my head.

New ending sounds nice.
Oct 6, 2014 1:33 AM

May 2013
Good first episode.

The animation is noticeably different from the first...in a bad way. Some characters look better and some look terrible now while the first season seemed balanced in the way that everyone looked like they belonged there/not out of place. Lot of screenshots showing that in the first couple of pages in this thread. Things don't look as smooth; they're a bit more gritty and the colors are somewhat odd. Guess I just want to say that things aren't as smooth/consistent as the first season's.

Moving on from the animation...Seems like there's going to be some action already. Didn't expect there to be money troubles with all the festivals they threw and are throwing. Looking forward to the next episode!

kickmesign said:
Ugh.. Too many flash-forwards, kept confusing me. I hope they don't do these anymore, I don't want to know anything else that happens later in the story.

I know what you mean. I enjoy things the most when it all clicks together at one moment in the series. I usually start trying to piece things together constantly after I see those scenes but not because I want to. I'm just doing it subconsciously and I hate it.
Oct 6, 2014 3:06 AM

May 2012
This was just as bad as 1st log horison. Boring and noting happened in this particular episode.

And this by far the worst 1st episode out of the anime that I watched so far from Fall
Oct 6, 2014 3:21 AM

Oct 2013
shiroeeeeeeeeeee.♥♥♥♥♥♥
Oct 6, 2014 3:25 AM

Aug 2013
thepath said:
This was just as bad as 1st log horison. Boring and noting happened in this particular episode.

And this by far the worst 1st episode out of the anime that I watched so far from Fall

Lol you must be a real masochist. You kept bashing LH1 and in every episode thread you're like "ooh that was stupid, so boring blah blah" and yet here you are again in the second season XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 6, 2014 5:03 AM

Oct 2009
DATABASE DATABASE DATABASE!!! Yeah!!!!!!

Strong start, I hope DEEN won't mess it up as usual. Need to get used to this new art and animation.
Akatsuki is less cuter somehow D:

I see boob sizes have "broadened" haha!

I don't like how they spoiled some of the stuff by showing them at the beginning :/ and with that little bit at the end..
Oct 6, 2014 9:04 AM

Sep 2012
Opening still the same lol but who cares the show is good

Oct 6, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2012
Off to a good start. I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Oct 6, 2014 10:31 AM

Jul 2011
bastek66 said:
New ED is cute

I thought so too!
Akatsuki so kawaii <3
Great s2 start!
It was confusing at first, I guess it was like a preview of the season, and then a recap, and then the present. I wonder what the end was about.
Both shiroe and Akatsuki were defeated? I guess we'll know next ep.
Oct 6, 2014 11:44 AM

May 2013
AppoX said:
But damn the boob sizes =,= DEEN had to make the boobs bigger, they just had to....

Actually they didn't. If you look at Marie you will realize she has been downsized. Kanami's boobs did not become bigger since this one is a different avatar/character (Swashbuckler --> Monk) from the one in Shiroe's flashbacks, since it is her first appearance in the TV series, we cannot say they become bigger.

If anything it seems Akatsuki's boobs got an upgrade, from nonexistent to teenager sized.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.