Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 3, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think I actually like the new OP song better.

There's a big open tournament for Girls Battle although I had a bad feeling about it. I think one noticable thing about this season/episode is the presence of Chiyori. She didn't really make an impression last season so I hope she does more this season. I don't like her voice much though.

I also wonder if Tama will return..
Oct 3, 2014 9:33 AM

Apr 2009
BATORU IS BACK
Oct 3, 2014 9:39 AM
May 2013
Selector Spread WIXOSS

For a first episode it was pretty good. Set up the stage, and had a fair bit a recap with new details added in. It seems that there are a few new characters this season, hopefully it goes well. Seeing Ionia in that form is soo darn cool though.

Preferred the OP from first season more, although this one was also pretty good. As for ED song, I actually enjoyed it a lot.

Expecting a lot from this show due to first season, hopefully it delivers!
Oct 3, 2014 10:50 AM

Jan 2014
VanishingKira said:
Show I'm most hyped about this season.

See alot of potential this season so hopefully it won't disappoint.

CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE BATORU!!!

Quote. I'm also hyped as well, and I can't wait for the subs. Hope to see more of Akira and Ruko (well Ruko obviously, but is never enough :) )
Oct 3, 2014 10:53 AM
Oct 2013
Wow what a great first episode *.*
Oct 3, 2014 10:58 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Good seeing Chiyori again and it looks like she'll be getting a good deal of screentime this season.
Either she's too oblivious about the true consequences of losing (3) WIXOSS battles or she's just being silly. Hopefully, she'll soon get a grasp of how terrifying the outcomes of losing the battles could be.

Deep inside, Ruko wants to keep battling, to save Tama and everyone else more than enjoying the battles themselves.
I'm sure she'll engage herself in WIXOSS once again, very soon.

Good episode to begin the 2nd season. Both OP & ED are awesome!
Aki-Lucky returns next week! Ulith as Iona looks twice as sinister! Much excitement awaits!

Oct 3, 2014 11:03 AM
May 2014
lol, that beginning..
Almost identical to S1, but Tama and Iona switched places, and the voice is Iona's.

Edit: Actually, completely the same except for being switched around.
Tama shed a tear before the OP in S1, Iona asks why Ru cries in before the OP in S2.

The OP's title is apparently "World's end, Girls rondo".
konatachan80Oct 3, 2014 11:56 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 3, 2014 11:03 AM

May 2013
This was a good first episode. That little girl is always positive despite after being told what happens when you win lol. Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 3, 2014 11:05 AM

Sep 2012
This was entertaining. Hope it will continue beeing so.
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Oct 3, 2014 11:15 AM

May 2012
Yes it's back!

Pretty okay episode. Like the way in started off. Just like the first season it had that creepy atmosphere. Seems like everyone especially Ruko has chance. Chiyori makes her appearance. She will didn't stand out last season. Iona as a LRIG is still cool. Seems like she want Ruko to start battling again. I wonder what she meant by changing Ruko. Also that end with Ulith. I can wait to see how this season pans out.
Oct 3, 2014 11:30 AM
Dec 2012
Finally season 2 is back! I kinda feel sad for Ruko and her inner turmoil
Oct 3, 2014 11:37 AM

Jul 2010
Battoru is back~
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Oct 3, 2014 11:46 AM

Aug 2014
This episode has me hyped for the season even if it was nothing but tension. I can tell Iona is going to be the best girl of the show.

I still want to know how Hitoe turned out ok.

Aki-unlucky coming next.
Oct 3, 2014 11:47 AM

Aug 2011
I don't care what people thinks. This is my AOTS.
Screw F/SN, screw LH2.

Battoru is Tanoshii bitches!
Oct 3, 2014 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
I'm so happy to see this again. Please don't disappoint, WIXOSS.

Even though this is the second time we've seen her, like with Iona and Akira, I don't really like Chiyori. I don't know how to explain it, but something about her rubs me the wrong way. Eldora's VA sounds familiar, though, I just can't put a name to her.
Oct 3, 2014 12:00 PM

Sep 2014
I like the OP. I enjoy it with all the action going on.

The episode is basically recap to remind people what happened in season 1, which I understand because of the seasonal break.

I hope this season explores more into the character of Chiyori and Ioni since they were pretty one-dimensional in season 1.

Oh, I can't wait to see Tama again. She's way too cute!

Like season 1, the ED is too lackluster for me to care about. Skipping it to watch the preview, in which we will see Aki-lucky again!

This is the first Fall 2014 show for me this season. Next will be Fate/Stay Night tomorrow, and the other 6 shows I'm watching will follow.
Oct 3, 2014 12:06 PM
May 2014
Lil-Bird said:
I'm so happy to see this again. Please don't disappoint, WIXOSS.

Even though this is the second time we've seen her, like with Iona and Akira, I don't really like Chiyori. I don't know how to explain it, but something about her rubs me the wrong way. Eldora's VA sounds familiar, though, I just can't put a name to her.

I kind of like her upbeat/bubbly personality, but then again, it's hard not to.
If I had a hangover then I probably wouldn't..too bubbly for that.

Eldora VA is Arai Satomi (Shirai Kuroko from Index/Railgun, Peke from To Love-ru, Shiroyasha from
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo++), assuming it is the same as for S1.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 3, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
So happy it's back! I thought the episode was great. Loved the opening also!
Can't wait for more.
Oct 3, 2014 12:21 PM
Jan 2014
And we get to the juicy part of Fall 2014. Really missed this anime, ever since that nasty Infected cliffhanger.

It was a promising first episode. It had a bit of everything, a very balanced tone overall. The characterization was a bit light-hearted for the most part, but the mood swayed drastically near the end. Not a big fan of Chiyori yet, but she may show some interesting traits further in I guess.

I still find "killy killy JOKER" a bit better, compared to "world's end,girl's rondo", but maybe it hasn't grown on me yet. Either way it's by Wakeshima Kanon, so nothing to worry about. I find both of the ED theme songs to be equally enjoyable.
Oct 3, 2014 12:23 PM
Nov 2013
Love the new op and ed song.
A lot of recap, which is kind of good because I forgot some of this. Chiyori and her LRIG were pretty amusing. Is her LRIG voiced by Satomi Arai?
This was a really good start to the series, I can tell this season is going to be one of the best of the season.
Aki-lucky next episode!
Oct 3, 2014 12:25 PM
May 2014
Antearion said:
I wonder what she meant by changing Ruko.

Basically get Ru just as battlehungry as Iona (and Tama), regardless of any wish.
She already is, but she's been (and still is) suppressing it.
-- Lord fifth
Oct 3, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2009
Great start, finally it's batoru time!
Oct 3, 2014 12:39 PM

Apr 2010
It was a long wait but it's finally here and after that cliffhanger of last season i was expecting something darker but i am not disappointed seeing as there is more to come.
The question where Tama went, i have a feeling she ended up with a person we all know to well but i guess we have to wait and see.

Iona becoming Ruko's LIRG seems strange at first but with the bond between Tama and Ruko having weak spots it's understandable why it happened.
From Iona's point of view she just wants to battle and Ruko is a strong player so a logical choice as selector for her.
Question is will Ruko be able too battle with Iona like she did with Tama.
Oct 3, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
That was alright, but I would have liked it better if Ruko wasn't basically moping around the whole episode (however understandable her reasons for this are). Her moping just ended up very quickly getting on my nerves.

And whatever happened to that thing with Hitoe being unable to make friends? Or have they just decided to scrp that just to give her character some relevance rather than think up new characters?

The indications of what to come seem good, but on its own I found this episode very disappointing.
Oct 3, 2014 12:44 PM
May 2014
Just wondering, or I think I know, but not sure..
Now with Iona becoming Ru's LRIG, didn't her deck-color change too?
I mean, Tama was white, Ulith (as LRIG) was apparently black, and it looks like Iona is too.
-- Lord fifth
Oct 3, 2014 12:46 PM

Feb 2014
Great first episode, made me hyped for this show.
Also I like the new opening.
Oct 3, 2014 1:07 PM

May 2013
First episode already better than the entire first season. I don't know what happened but I like it.
Oct 3, 2014 1:14 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Was gonna say what a happy and upbeat episode until Chiyori came along and made them remember the sadness that WIXOSS brings. Chiyori is one positive girl...is she just naive or just stupid? She's no Iona that's for sure, but I can't see how any with a normal functioning brain would want to visit WIXOSS or wtv and get stuck in a card. Or I guess she could be delusional, someone who doesn't care about the real world. This is the more likely explanation. Her card Eldora is annoying as well.

Still interested to find out how Ruuko (and co.?) will solve this. There are probably things they can still find out about the game. But ewwww, I hear Akira's angry voice in the preview...not looking forward to seeing her.
Oct 3, 2014 1:17 PM
Apr 2014
Loving this show so far.
Oct 3, 2014 1:18 PM

Feb 2014
The same atmosphere as the first season is back... I like it. The OP is better than the first season in my opinion. The ED is OK.
Oct 3, 2014 1:21 PM
Mar 2013
Good first episode. Love the new op and ed. I totally understand Ruko feeling the way she does.
Oct 3, 2014 1:41 PM
Jan 2011
So Ruko is still hoping to find TAMA, I guessing that Iona's former LRIG has Tama.
Oct 3, 2014 1:48 PM

Mar 2014
finally selectors back. the first episode was great and im literally in love with the new op. the animation for it is absolutely flawless. nice to see chiyoris character expanded on because the first season just introduced her and then never went back to her again lol. also anticipating akiras appearance. i am vibrating in my seat.
Oct 3, 2014 1:49 PM

Jul 2013
this was definitely onw of the best shows from the spring season...
i hope this season will be as good or even better
Oct 3, 2014 2:02 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting first episode. Glad to see Selector is back! Crazy that Iona now has what's her face as her card.

The OP was pretty cool, i'm liking it.
Oct 3, 2014 2:25 PM

Aug 2014
SUGOI‼ that great way to continue this great anime, with the knock that left me with the first season, dawning the battles between LRIG are still apparently Rüko has some psychological problems and clear now that does not have a size to your side and your new LRIG is Iona anything can happen, because I want to see when Rüko passed to the dark side XD, it seems that this season we will have more participation by Chiyori and Street
It would be reunited and ruuko size because I want to know.
Oct 3, 2014 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
Finally it's the second season!!! Where is Aki-lucky? :C
Oct 3, 2014 3:26 PM

Feb 2014
Wow that was a great episode! I really liked both the OP and ED.

As for Chiyori, I half like her, but half dislike her at the same time. She's pretty bouncy and childish so she's likable in that sense. However, I also feel like her cheerful attitude isn't very fitting (the show is dark, after all!).

Wow and the reason why Iona became Ruko's LRIG is really cool and makes sense...she wanted to be the LRIG of someone better than her, so of course she had to lose to become a LRIG! Also, the whole thing where Iona was talking about how she's going to make Ruko battle forever is bad news for Tama :(

Anyway, that was a great start to a (hopefully) great season! But I want Tama back! ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2014 3:41 PM

Mar 2011
Sooo good to see this show again.

But I think I forgot some important parts from S1.. why is Chitoe able to make friends again?... I really can't remember. Glad they put some background in this ep.. otherwise i would have been clueless for whats happend at the end of s1. My memory is so bad..

But I'm so excited for whats coming! I wonder what happend to Tama.. hope we will see something of her soon.
Oct 3, 2014 3:44 PM

Feb 2014
What a great way to start off the season. I can already tell this season is going to be 20x darker and more exciting.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
Oct 3, 2014 4:03 PM

Sep 2013
gwenydith said:
Sooo good to see this show again.

But I think I forgot some important parts from S1.. why is Chitoe able to make friends again?... I really can't remember. Glad they put some background in this ep.. otherwise i would have been clueless for whats happend at the end of s1. My memory is so bad..

But I'm so excited for whats coming! I wonder what happend to Tama.. hope we will see something of her soon.

the didn't explain that yet
Oct 3, 2014 4:05 PM

Mar 2013
Very good first episode. Somewhat melodramatic, but it exceeded my expectations. Glad to see Ruuko and Hitoe again. That opening left me speechless! Maybe it was my idea, but did Ruuko said "I want to see Ruu" at 20:07? Was that Tama?
Oct 3, 2014 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode. Chiyori is back, she is too oblivious about the true consequences of losing.
Oct 3, 2014 4:26 PM

Apr 2014
Great episode. Great way to kick-off the weekend.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2014 4:47 PM

Mar 2014
Omg yes it's back! The OST and animation in the OP and ED are so pretty. Looks like more Aki-Lucky next episode. xD
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 3, 2014 4:51 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Chiyori taking those reasons of why not to battle lightly lol.
I was wondering when Chiyori would get a decent amount of screen time.

Must be a pain for Tama to be with Iona. Hopefully Tama returns to kick some butt.

Oct 3, 2014 5:01 PM

Jan 2011
Time to throw out the big plays Selector! i have high hopes for this season

new op is good has very much the same feel as the first one
Oct 3, 2014 5:18 PM

Aug 2012
It is baaaack, let the battoru commence. Except there was no battle this ep, which is just a testament to how little importance they have to the show and its viewers. I hope this continues, and battles are only used when it's absolutely called for. It'll keep the dramatic effect high, and allow more room for the characters to interact more legitimately.

I'm just gonna sit and wait for the moment Ruko succumbs to the temptation and battles with Iona, I already know it'll be an insane moment accompanied by a scary good OST. Does she want to legitimately change her wish, or will she be satisfied by having her battle to her heart's content? Also, was that scene at the beginning supposed to be what led to Iona taking Tama's place? Something like an untaken LRIG challenging a taken one for their selector.

Eldora is great lol. I don't mind Chiyori, but I'm not looking forward to seeing Aki-edgy.
Oct 3, 2014 5:23 PM

Sep 2012
YEAHHHH
It's back!! For the first episode, it was really good. Can't wait to see more!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Oct 3, 2014 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
the 1st episode was decent but chiyori's voice really hurts my ears. the depressing atmosphere is back too.

i'm assuming tama might be akira's lrig. i'm also curious how iona and ruko will be like battling together.

i'm looking forward to next week's episode
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

197 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 12:22 PM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2014

80 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:35 AM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

87 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 6:52 AM

» A question about Hitoe

kaede666 - May 25, 2022

1 by Phantom1412 »»
May 26, 2022 1:42 PM

» Is it okay to finish WIXOSS with this season

Lonely_Ronin123 - Nov 7, 2019

2 by Heimur »»
Nov 7, 2019 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.