Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2014 11:59 PM

Oct 2011
Five killed herself OMG. She beat Nine at their game : 0

Goodbye Japan??????
Sep 18, 2014 11:59 PM

Mar 2011
RIP Five. You were the only reason I continued watching this.
Sep 19, 2014 12:00 AM

Dec 2012
Five's dead! 5/5 for that.

Otherwise, anime producers should have warned us that this was a shoujo anime (quite a mediocre one, though). Creating such setting and plot just for a goodbye kiss and romantic suicide was totally unnecessary.

The only thing that could upset me in the last ep at this point is Five's resurrection. I hope this doesn't happen.
Sep 19, 2014 12:13 AM

Jul 2014
I didn't expect this week's episode is a bit dull and boring, The animation isn't good either when it comes on the car's chasing. I would like to see how ZnT will shows their finale and moreover the death of Five is really beautifully orchestrated. I like how Shibazaki keeps trying to not involve Hamura on his investigation, He kept distracting him. But truth to be told, there's nothing important was told between Mamiya and Shibazaki, Mamiya only confirms things that has been sniffed out by Shibazaki.

I doubt Nine will really pull up an atomic bomb, Likely it's a real bomb but not an atomic one. This far, Nine and twelve haven't killed anyone.

Sep 19, 2014 12:34 AM

Jan 2011
I don't get the raving over the episode. It wasn't good at all. Nine turns himself in for...reason undermined. Five just up and kills herself after a very weird speech given her final actions. That wasn't beautifully orchestrated...wtf lol really? Twelve somehow determines the location of Nine to open an opportunity for him to escape. Kawaii-chan is standing there being kawaii. Inspector-san has a conversation basically saying he will shed light on the Athena plan come hell or high water...and that was that. Can't help but feel the feeling of "shit just happened bc it's pre finale and oh btw the atomic bomb is armed bitches". This WAS beautifully crafted up until these final episodes. The train is derailing but I'm hoping it will stay on track and finish strong.
Sep 19, 2014 12:40 AM

Sep 2011
Five ruined the show. The "death" was ok but since her appearance ZnT leveled down.
Sep 19, 2014 12:53 AM

Jun 2008
Five was jealous of Twelve's ferris wheel romantic deathly scene so she decided to make her own with Nine and do with him what Twelve did not do to Lisa...that kiss lol.
anyway I just thought it was so stupid that Shibazaki was the only one that Nine wanted to talk to and they just did not allow it. IMO in real life that would be an extremely stupid decision to make. Shibazaki is a boss :)
Twelve and Lisa went in their first date. I honestly do not think Lisa was that useless in this episode. She continued to cheer up Twelve for him to go to Nine. Surely she missed the fact that he could end up badly hurt but it showed she really cares about Nine too, if it wasnt for her Twelve would really not have the guts to go help Twelve, he just feels too much guilty.
Nice episode overall, cant wait for the end.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 19, 2014 1:38 AM

Aug 2013
Idk everyone hated 5, (I didn't find her too appealing myself) but after she died I kind of came to understand her character a bit better.

She starts out as this crazy antagonist, who's rivalry and hatred for 9&12 rival Kira and L from Deathnote.

She progressively gets worse and crazier and violent, ultimately trying to take matters into her own hands and going against the U.S. government. She ultimately fails and kills herself after getting closure with 9.

I see 5 as a confused character who's trying to cope with the trauma and all of her other emotions from her childhood, while trying to tie up loose ends with 9, which in her damaged mind seems like a game.

When she was in the program and tried to escape with 9&12, she got left behind. She probably had a mixture of anger and grief and sadness and jealousy from not being able to make it out of there. Then who knows what happened to her after she was recaptured and then taken in by the U.S. government.

When she reappears to go up against the two, she is still stuck wallowing in these emotions. These are all heightened from the fact that the three of them are all running out of time, 5 in particular since her body was deteriorating noticeably fast.

After she fails to capture 9 and shoots Clarence, she catches up to 9. After probably realizing her body isn't going to last long at all, and with both governments going to pursue her, she confronts 9 and finally realizes that she was stuck in a petty loop of rivalry and jealousy towards 9 and ultimately admits defeat.

She kisses 9, possibly because her mind is now clear and she may have even had latent feelings for him, but more so for her own closure and to renew the promise they made as children to live and she passes the torch to him before taking her life.
Sep 19, 2014 2:06 AM
Jul 2014
^
The problem with Five is that she's a shallow character.
We never got any explanation as to why she really acts as she does. By induction, we can try to understand her personality, but still, she should have had more development given that she's the main antagonist.
This makes her a bad villain, which seems evil for the sake of being evil.
And the sudden personality twist at the end of this episode is as much unexpected and unexplained as the rest (thing that's a trademark of this series at this point).
I really think she ruined the series. I quite enjoyed the first 4-5 episodes. After that it went downhill.

You can see here how the score stopped rising after the introduction of Five:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1217175
Sep 19, 2014 2:54 AM

Aug 2013
Checkmate! :O
Sep 19, 2014 2:57 AM

Jan 2014
I don't get the reason why she did that, if there was any.
But in any case, that scene was so powerful. Loved it ^^
Sep 19, 2014 3:14 AM

Dec 2013
This episode blew my mind. LOL NO PUN INTENDED. But quite literally. BOOM.

But wtf Five?!??!?!? Strange but ok.

5/5. Kind of confused. Hopefully next episode clears everything up.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Sep 19, 2014 3:19 AM

May 2012
whut? Five just? what? I thought she will play antagonist till the end.. she's just a chick after all..

anyways nice ep..

Sep 19, 2014 4:15 AM

Dec 2013
Give us a nuclear explosion..
Sep 19, 2014 4:31 AM

Sep 2011
umm........... idgi??????
meh i just hope the writer have something better for 12 than this
Sep 19, 2014 5:07 AM

Apr 2013
Holy wow, that was such a good episode.
Sep 19, 2014 5:28 AM

Apr 2013
brilliant episode but confusing.
Sep 19, 2014 5:41 AM

Jan 2011
This really doesn't feel like it can be wrapped up in one episode.
Sep 19, 2014 5:57 AM

Jun 2014
really have no idea what's gonna happen in the last ep
Sep 19, 2014 6:17 AM
Oct 2012
At thus rate, Watanabe better blow the fucking budget out the moon with the last episode with flawless animation and music score to get this a ten. The way they managed to have slightly sketchy quality makes it a bit disheartening if the ending reminds me of Neon Genesis.

And I hope that doesn't happen.

I'm crossing my fingers that the director can finish this on the level of episode four and episode one combined.

I'm still stuck that maybe the characters weren't mean to be developed and just give back-stories for one another. All are flat. But this does nothing to make it better.

As for the talk with Mamiya and Shibazaki, I feel as if that talk wasn't for us Americans but those watching at home in Japan and the political affairs that one user has mentioned.
Sep 19, 2014 6:23 AM

Feb 2008
So I guess this is the new foundation Japan will be built. After the air burst of an atomic weapon destroys the current one. Quite a fitting allegory, in the light of recent affairs.

Five's actions surprised me, I really didn't see that coming. Too bad Clarence had to die, though. Though, after all that, Five acting the way she did makes sense.

Well, the last episode is going to be a blast, I guess. At least, it would be more interesting if it were.
Sep 19, 2014 6:33 AM

Jan 2008
Episode ending awed me. Nine had things ready in case mishap happens. Whew!
Well, I was surprised with Five's action later but it's bit understandable.
Sep 19, 2014 7:15 AM

May 2013
Five was persistent and weird from the moment she was introduced. Now that she's dead, she's still persistent and weird because I thought she was obsessed on killing Nine. But she didn't and spared his life. Nine still had a backup plan if in case there was a problem. Twelve got to his senses and helped Nine escape. The only question now is, how will they try to end this?
Sep 19, 2014 7:50 AM

Apr 2014
Brilliant episode, now I am curious about the way they are gonna end it. Is everyone going to die or something? Is it gonna end in a symbolic way? I do not know. I am very excited about it though!
Sep 19, 2014 8:00 AM

Nov 2012
That was one strange episode. Together with already mentioned inconsistencies (5's strange personality change and 12's abilities to locate 9 in a closed car) two things I don't get. First, Lisa and 12 were closed in a cabin on the top of ferris weel at the end of previous episode. And they just...escaped? How the hell did they do that? After watching previous episode had not the slightest doubt that Lisa and 12 are captured and in 10th episode we'll see 9 trying to set them free blackmailing with the nuclear bomb or something. But its all other way around: 9 turns himself in and 12 has to help him escape. Second, when the car escourting 12 crushes, everyone except 12 just...pass out. Even two policemen who were at the backseat together with 12. And he even stole a gun from them without any resistance. I don't get it. Things just go the way protagonist wants - reeks of some cliche shonen anime. Logic went for a walk.
Overall this episode is way below the level that ZnT set previously. Still the music was great as always. Also hope Shibazaki stays alive after final episode even though he set a death flag in this one.
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty" F.Herbert
Sep 19, 2014 8:05 AM

Feb 2012
So, Five wanted to help Nine achieving his goal.
Sep 19, 2014 9:10 AM

Jan 2014
Wow that was complex in many ways.

And now the atomic bomb is flying on a freaking parachute? Jesus.
Sep 19, 2014 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
Am I the only thinking that at the end of the episode that was 12 in the video? It looks like him way more than 9, plus we've never seen 9 give that kind of smile before, it's out of character for him. Plus Lisa doesn't seem fazed by the announcement at all.
Sep 19, 2014 10:04 AM
Oct 2012
OmegaGoku said:
Am I the only thinking that at the end of the episode that was 12 in the video? It looks like him way more than 9, plus we've never seen 9 give that kind of smile before, it's out of character for him. Plus Lisa doesn't seem fazed by the announcement at all.

No, it was Nine. Nine smiled in the first episode. Very briefly but he did. He has emotions, just varying in degree.
Sep 19, 2014 10:14 AM

Jan 2011
Kinda expected that 5 was obsessed with 9 though that kiss was surprising. Now if only her code name was 6... that would be better.

Well, now the atomic bomb is floating in the sky waiting to go boom. Though I somehow have a feeling that the case might not even contain the atomic bomb.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Sep 19, 2014 10:21 AM

Jul 2013
I'm not sure what to say about this episode... At first I was really mad about Five's sudden personality change, but then I realized that it somehow made sense looking back at the earlier episodes.. xD
Kinda sad that she died, actually. It's not like I liked her or anything, but she made the plot a lot more interesting.
"I want to protect that smile"
Sep 19, 2014 10:55 AM

Feb 2014
Oh my GOD! THat was fucking insane!!!! Damn, my heart is still beating the crap out of me!!! THAT ENDING!! I fucking GOT ORGASM OUT OF IT! Holy shit, that was awesome! HANDS DOWN THE BEST ANIME OF THE YEAR!

Fuuuuh, I must take a deep breath. My head's spinning! Fuck, that was intense!
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Sep 19, 2014 11:05 AM
Oct 2012
I really suggest that the whole entire show of Zankyou No Terror used the Tarot cards for the characters and also for the change of events.

An example is episode ten and the tenth number is the wheel of fortune, regarding sudden changes or discovery, surprises.

Episode six goes with the Lover's arcana and while it means love and what not, it also means connection, heart, bonding and Twelve used a shirt called Double Open heart.

up to the viewer but it would make lots of sense to how the things have passed.
Sep 19, 2014 11:51 AM
Nov 2013
Wow, I didn't not expect go out like that. At least she was very likeable in her final moments. But man, Japan is fucked. I have no idea how this is going to end :(. That song at the end was beautiful. What language was that in?
Sep 19, 2014 12:50 PM

Jun 2010
Holy mother of epic shit. That was fucking awesome. The action scene was so dope, can't imagine how much did they spent on that.

So many questions, so little answers. So what was Five's intention after all? To play with Nine and to hopefully beat Nine? Also I wonder what's Nine planning to say in the press conference. I don't think it's simply exposing the Athena plan and what the adults did to them.

Lisa is a shit character but at least she persuade Twelve to help Nine. I guess Twelve and Nine will also die next episode. I wonder if that is really an atomic bomb Nine set up. Sphinx haven't killed anyone in this series by far so I doubt they will blow up the whole country. If it is indeed an atomic bomb I wonder how will Shibazaki save the day.

That freaking OST at the end was so amazing. Anybody has information on that? Epic episode overall.
Sep 19, 2014 1:09 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was frustrating to watch.

The only interesting part was the old man's comment about Japan needing more dignity, which I found ironic since much of the people of Japan are known to be proud in the negative sense. (Yes, I'm generalizing.) It didn't exactly add much to the episode, though.

Five shouldn't have been able to find the real car that easily. I am glad the FBI agent with her finally moved to arrest her, since it was already beyond the point of breaking WSOD, but of course Five''s willing to ditch any past connections she had.

Five's death was also unsatisfying, as her purpose was never explained or given significance. Why do everything she did only to kill herself in the end? If she truly wanted Nine, she could have captured him. She already "beat" (dubious) him in the airport too. What the heck did she even want? Five seems more like an obstacle the writers decided to throw to screw up Sphinx's plans, rather than an actual character that matters. Instead of exploring the themes originally presented, they just started showing random action that doesn't add to the show. It wasn't very thrilling or tense action either, thanks to the universal perspective.

Then we have the atomic bomb. Why was Sphinx so unwilling to kill people before if they're suddenly ready to massacre the whole city now? (Unless that isn't the atomic bomb... which doesn't make much sense either.) What happened to VON and the message behind Oedipus? Are Lisa and Twelve even relevant anymore? (Pointless sacrifice ftw!) Is anything that's happened up until now relevant anymore?

Even an info dump via the press conference would have been better than this. Ugh.

I think Zankyou no Terror makes a good litmus test to find out what kind of viewer someone is. Beyond that, this show has been entirely disappointing. ~.~

Edit: I actually managed to find something they did right: Sending the atomic bomb up in the air was realistic. Atom bombs aren't meant to explode on the ground.
TripleSRankSep 19, 2014 1:14 PM
Sep 19, 2014 1:10 PM

Sep 2013
That was a surprise of Nine turning in himself to the police.

It makes me mad why Twelve keeps acting this way, I like him being nice to Lisa but I don't like how he keeps ignoring Nine for no reason

That ending was awesome on how he said goodbye to Japan, I wonder how they are going to stop the bomb (or they are going to die in a horrible destruction of explosions) which ever one I still love this series

Sep 19, 2014 1:28 PM

Jun 2008
Five was in an unrequited love-hate-rivalry relationship with Nine XD!

The episode was great, plenty of events and depressed puppy twelve aahh!!
Was way too cute, I was like: POOR PUPPY!

I can't wait for next episode, in a away,
everyone fricken interfered with Nine.
So, BANZAI NINE! BANZAI!

Shibazaki is friecken boss, totally took his partner's badge like a sneaky fuck LOL!
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

Sep 19, 2014 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
Animation was embarrassing this episode. :(

Just one episode left, I can't wait to watch it.
Sep 19, 2014 2:28 PM
Apr 2014
Five did not survive episode ten, which is the episode after nine.
She liked Nine so much that one episode more which brought her away from him, she could not take anymore.

WIll Twelve die in episode eleven because there is no episode twelve?? :((( Lisa save them all!
Sep 19, 2014 2:30 PM

Jan 2014
Great episode, Five is dead which is sad since i would really have liked more background from her. I knew she had a crush on Nine. I wonder how the police or possibly sphinx will attempt to defuse the bomb.
Overall this anime has been great. now we just need a twisted and/or suitable ending.
Sep 19, 2014 2:32 PM
Apr 2014
What I do not get:
I thought Shibazaki lost his job and his familiy.

But at the same time he seems to live with his familiy!

Is not there something wrong? Does anybody know more?
Sep 19, 2014 2:51 PM

Dec 2011
Another great episode that left me speechless at certain moments.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 19, 2014 3:08 PM

Aug 2011
THE WAIT. I CANT STAND IT.

» Escapism.

Sep 19, 2014 3:14 PM

Oct 2013
TripleSRank said:
This episode was frustrating to watch.

Five shouldn't have been able to find the real car that easily. I am glad the FBI agent with her finally moved to arrest her, since it was already beyond the point of breaking WSOD, but of course Five''s willing to ditch any past connections she had.

Five's death was also unsatisfying, as her purpose was never explained or given significance. Why do everything she did only to kill herself in the end? If she truly wanted Nine, she could have captured him. She already "beat" (dubious) him in the airport too. What the heck did she even want? Five seems more like an obstacle the writers decided to throw to screw up Sphinx's plans, rather than an actual character that matters. Instead of exploring the themes originally presented, they just started showing random action that doesn't add to the show. It wasn't very thrilling or tense action either, thanks to the universal perspective.

May I ask if you could elaborate more on what is the universal perspective? Also ahhh that tracking the car scene really was fast, but I've gotten so used to this kind of BS. Now, I do agree with you that the purpose of Five in terms of the story was literally to provide something for the protagonists to fight against on "a level field" (I'm sorry Shibazaki;;;;;;) and quite honestly I would have loved to only see the "battle of wits" between Sphinx and the police force, but the 3-way clashing forces was also somewhat fun to watch as well.

However I do believe that there was some logical sense to her death. The premise behind this would be of Five wanting to beat Nine (she directly says this in this episode) She even says she would not let anyone else have Nine. This would imply she has been obsessed with beating Nine for a very long time now (as in the airport episode - Nine or Twelve makes the remark of her wanting to redo the chess match they had when they were kids.) She then says in this episode that because of Nine, Five had the willpower to stay alive up until now. (we've seen her had the ringing and the collapsing in previous episode/s, but of course this is all my interpretation of the events) Going back to the airport scuffle between them, the conditions of Nine's victory would be of the bomb on the airplane not killing people, (and I suppose side goal of saving Lisa too(for the Twelve!)).To me, I define the game that Five wants to win is for Nine to not get his way. If he doesn't get his way, then in a sense, he has lost. Thanks to Shibazaki's intervention, the plane was directed away and Nine got his wish. Therefore under this logic Five still hasn't beaten Nine. However in this episode, she's successfully delayed Nine's presence to the press conference. Now that she has beaten Nine in a weird sense, she no longer has any purpose in life. Now with that in mind, she could now live a rather mundane life, but so far she's possibly killed the FBI agent, her physical health has been called into attention (Clarence wanted her to see a doctor) and she's decreased the amount that the government of Japan would be willing to take BS in their country by the hands of the American government.

Finally, imagine Five's actions and general everything was supposed to be the entire thriller genre they put this show as-/shot

TripleSRank said:
Then we have the atomic bomb. Why was Sphinx so unwilling to kill people before if they're suddenly ready to massacre the whole city now? (Unless that isn't the atomic bomb... which doesn't make much sense either.) What happened to VON and the message behind Oedipus? Are Lisa and Twelve even relevant anymore? (Pointless sacrifice ftw!) Is anything that's happened up until now relevant anymore?

And that my friend is what I'm hoping (key word on hope) will be explained in next week's episode. If not, I will wallow in a tub of ice cream.
Sep 19, 2014 4:27 PM

Feb 2012
Five is the embodiment of isolation. She's been deprived of real human connections her whole life so it's only natural for her to come across as crazy when she does try to "connect" with nine. It's implied that she's been working for the US government for quite some time, where you are rewarded for using underhanded methods to achieve your goals. You need to be heartless to take on jobs like that. So it doesn't exactly help your sense of humanity being a human test subject AND having certain behaviors reinforced by your environment.

I can understand why viewers are disappointed with Five's character since she comes across as your stereotypical crazy villain but at the very least, her insanity felt warranted given the circumstances. The scene before she died hinted that she had some shred of humanity left (the will to connect with Nine who she was separated from a long time ago), but I suppose she accepted the fate she was cruelly subjected to: as a shell of a human and a tool to push political agendas. I actually appreciate the fact that the show didn't give her much redemption before she erased herself from the world. Not everyone gets that chance or privilege and that's a fact of life.
Sep 19, 2014 4:42 PM
Jan 2014
I think five redeemed herself in my eyes. At first I quite liked her, her grande entrance...and then after the airport incident and her not caring for human fatalities at all I kind of though wow she is some crazy bitch and in the end she had just a personal thing going on with nine not even with twelve. So yeah she was an interesting villain.

I think nine was never pissed at twelve, I would say he probably even expected that. I can`t imagine him being mad at his only left friend there. Twelve realized that as well...a little with Lisa`s pushing though. Still not sure what the point of Lisa is. If she does not have a major role in episode 11, than I think she is the most annoying character imo..I get that she was being bullied and all...but I can`t bring myself to like someone who apologizes all the time...
Sep 19, 2014 4:44 PM

Jul 2010
Five won the best yandere award. I don't know how to feel honestly, I'm holding my judgment for the Finale, but anyway I can safely say that my expectations were way too high.

That said, the cliffhanger was truly brilliant. I honestly was expecting a sentence like "And now people of Japan, live the rest of your little life that remains and enjoy yourselves".
Sep 19, 2014 5:06 PM

Feb 2012
ilyenacid said:
I think five redeemed herself in my eyes. At first I quite liked her, her grande entrance...and then after the airport incident and her not caring for human fatalities at all I kind of though wow she is some crazy bitch and in the end she had just a personal thing going on with nine not even with twelve. So yeah she was an interesting villain.

I think nine was never pissed at twelve, I would say he probably even expected that. I can`t imagine him being mad at his only left friend there. Twelve realized that as well...a little with Lisa`s pushing though. Still not sure what the point of Lisa is. If she does not have a major role in episode 11, than I think she is the most annoying character imo..I get that she was being bullied and all...but I can`t bring myself to like someone who apologizes all the time...

When I say redemption I meant your stereotypical anime redemption. All I'm saying is that in the end she didn't learn any sort of lesson that made her "more human" than she already was (not much) and I liked that. Through the observation of her actions we got to see what kind of person she had become due to the circumstances of her life, and it ties in with the themes of the show. I'm happy for you that you enjoyed her character. All in all I think she was alright, the execution of her character a little too over the top for me, but I did find her conceptually fitting for the show.

What's the point of Lisa? Well I personally see her just as a person rather than a character that fulfills some sort of role in the story. It's interesting that all the other main characters try to manipulate the world around them to achieve some sort of goal, noble or not, while Lisa is just there trying to live and connect with the people around her to the best of her abilities. The opposite can be said about The United States / Japan who are allies in name while they secretly pushing their own agendas.
Sep 19, 2014 5:13 PM

May 2014
Oh Five. You yandere. i guess she and Yuno hang out together sometimes....
Anyway, this episode left me in shock. I can't close my mouth while watching this.

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.