I would like to write this in a better format but I'm lazy.
**** HOW DO I RATE ANIMES ? ****
10. Masterpiece or Unique product. I can consider something a masterpiece having some flaws, like an average ending or some plot holes. Nevertheless, the anime left me with that feeling of "Damn, I won't find anything like this again, ever". Epic characters always.
9. A great anime that lacks of something, many times related to characters. Sometimes they are animes that used to be a ten but eventually something much better showed up.
8. An anime I've enjoyed but didn't feel enough good, whether because it lacked something or it just wasn't appealing enough. An anime with plain characters can't be above 8, no matter how good is the plot.
7. It was good, but nothing remarkable. Milking products (like unnecessary OVAs) are often rated this way unless they provide something new.
6. An overall good anime, usually overrated by other people, that at some points made me sick and wanting to drop them. Macross Frontier is the best example I can think of. Seriously, it does not even have a decent character! Sometimes this is used for animes I'm watching that have really good rates but at that point I'm not hooked.