Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jul 31, 2014 1:08 PM

Feb 2012
Morgywolf said:
affirming_flame said:

I agree completely. Well said!

Thanks ^^ I just realized it displays the number of my posts on the side.

I have high hopes for this show. I'm going to watch episode 4 when I get home from work later. Too bad there are only 11 episodes!

LOL thanks for quoting me...not
;P
Jul 31, 2014 2:14 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty good episode, i'm starting to like Shibazaki's character a lot more. Also waiting to see more of twelve and nine's backstory.
Jul 31, 2014 9:07 PM

Jun 2014
jimjameswhatever said:
Morgywolf said:

Thanks ^^ I just realized it displays the number of my posts on the side.

I have high hopes for this show. I'm going to watch episode 4 when I get home from work later. Too bad there are only 11 episodes!

LOL thanks for quoting me...not
;P

I clicked 'quote' but it showed up weird for some reason, then it worked the next post
i made :o
Aug 1, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2010
Still not sure why they're doing that, but it seems that they're not getting many people hurt. . . I wonder if it's intentional. Probably not. Time to see episode 4.

It's a unique anime I suppose. The OST is really nice too especially the ED.
Aug 1, 2014 8:45 PM

Nov 2011
Sapewloth said:
Palm for Lisa's mom confirmed.

Go away, Sapes. Now I'm going to be thinking about this for the rest of the anime. Dx

...It did improve my mood a little, though. Oh well. xD

Anyway, I'm a little frustrated that I'm not enjoying this any more than I am currently. I'm not sure why I'm not: I get the references and the storyline works well enough. It's probably because I still feel detached. Why should I care about these characters? It's odd how unmoving the prospect of exploding buildings seems to me, at least in this show.

I get that this is leaning toward the mystery side, but I still feel the terrorists' characters need to be fleshed out. At least we got a hint of their past.

The detective seems okay. What I want to know is why this police department doesn't have as many resources for Oedipus as possible by now. Relying on one guy's memory doesn't seem too smart. They need as many people pouring over the mythology as possible.

Okay episode. I think I'll leave the next episode for tomorrow. Giving myself a small break may help me bring a fresh perspective into this.
Aug 2, 2014 8:28 PM

Feb 2013
Wonder if something will be done about those girls bullying Lisa...

It seemed to me from the previous episode that they wanted the police to figure things out... maybe to make the game more fun...
Aug 5, 2014 10:59 PM

Sep 2008
It's like watching a movie.
Aug 6, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2011
Seems they are trying to get the police to work out what they're doing?

Good episode.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 11, 2014 3:17 AM

Apr 2014
I got a feeling that they want the police to find out where the bomb this time.
But it's still a hard riddle compared to the last one.
What's Lisa and her mother's problem? Did they suffered from any disorder or maybe anxiety??
Aug 11, 2014 2:39 PM

Mar 2014
I feel like this is going somewhere but boy is it taking its time. They need to hurry up and fill us in on what's up with the bombers and their background, because at this point we know more about the police than about the two main characters (nevermind Lisa who's just roaming around the city at random it seems), unless Shibazaki is meant to be the MC?

Also lmao @ the idea that the TV media would somehow be quick enough to air the police live stream as it was happening (nevermind how the Police knew the bombers would be watching)

Also agreed we need bigger stakes than some buildings, and the riddles are wearing a little thin even 3 episodes in.
Aug 11, 2014 2:46 PM

Mar 2014
Morgywolf said:
I'm also surprised, yet not very surprised that people think the characters are bland and lack characterization. Thing is...all the characterization is there, it's just not overdone like most animes do it. Everything is subtle, and I personally like it that way. I think you'll have to wait to see them peel back the layers over time. And in the end, even if we don't get a 'full picture' of each character, it'll be okay, because it's more realistic that way. When I want unapologetically blatant characterization, I watch some JoJo lol (can't wait for tomorrow's episode btw)

The characterization is subtle and well done, I agree, but the plot is lagging and the writers need to start filling in holes, because ep 2 and 3 were more or less the same story with a few small, new details thrown in. The pacing is actually stifling the potential of many of the characters, I feel.
Aug 11, 2014 3:31 PM
Oct 2012
XOTIK said:
Morgywolf said:
I'm also surprised, yet not very surprised that people think the characters are bland and lack characterization. Thing is...all the characterization is there, it's just not overdone like most animes do it. Everything is subtle, and I personally like it that way. I think you'll have to wait to see them peel back the layers over time. And in the end, even if we don't get a 'full picture' of each character, it'll be okay, because it's more realistic that way. When I want unapologetically blatant characterization, I watch some JoJo lol (can't wait for tomorrow's episode btw)

The characterization is subtle and well done, I agree, but the plot is lagging and the writers need to start filling in holes, because ep 2 and 3 were more or less the same story with a few small, new details thrown in. The pacing is actually stifling the potential of many of the characters, I feel.

They have eleven episodes to explain the plot, not everything needs to be thrown at you face first with a shotgun to be exciting. Eleven episodes slowly unwrapping its content is better than a plot at the beginning and them just following through aimlessly for the next few seasons. I like the mystique, gives me something to watch next episode.

This is a mystery and like all mystery, the best parts are near the end. Slow down cause this isn't a shounen, you're in the wrong genre for it.

XOTIK said:
I feel like this is going somewhere but boy is it taking its time. They need to hurry up and fill us in on what's up with the bombers and their background, because at this point we know more about the police than about the two main characters (nevermind Lisa who's just roaming around the city at random it seems), unless Shibazaki is meant to be the MC?

Also lmao @ the idea that the TV media would somehow be quick enough to air the police live stream as it was happening (nevermind how the Police knew the bombers would be watching)

Also agreed we need bigger stakes than some buildings, and the riddles are wearing a little thin even 3 episodes in.

If two successful attempts at a bombing came open and the police department makes a live stream to solve the riddle, I'm sure someone's gonna notify the polite, that's how it works. Don't forget about it as a live stream, it's a notification to all. And I'm sure the terrorists keeps open ears and eyes when it involves their creation. Which terrorist or criminal thinker does a crime and not look back to see if it was solved?

Just hold your horses, it's coming.
Aug 11, 2014 6:36 PM

Mar 2014
BRK25 said:
They have eleven episodes to explain the plot, not everything needs to be thrown at you face first with a shotgun to be exciting. Eleven episodes slowly unwrapping its content is better than a plot at the beginning and them just following through aimlessly for the next few seasons. I like the mystique, gives me something to watch next episode.

I didn't say it had to be thrown in our faces all at once. They don't have to ruin the mystique to move the plot along (which is absolutely CRAWLING ahead at the moment). My point anyway was that, at this point, 3 episodes in, the pacing feels too slow, and that ep 3 in particular revealed very little that we didn't already know / couldn't have guessed from ep 2; basically just a repeat from last week. Of course, I'm sure they'll work it out in the end, but, at least for me, it feels as though the writers are spinning their wheels in the mud a bit.
Aug 11, 2014 6:48 PM
Oct 2012
XOTIK said:
BRK25 said:

I didn't say it had to be thrown in our faces all at once. They don't have to ruin the mystique to move the plot along (which is absolutely CRAWLING ahead at the moment). My point anyway was that, at this point, 3 episodes in, the pacing feels too slow, and that ep 3 in particular revealed very little that we didn't already know / couldn't have guessed from ep 2; basically just a repeat from last week. Of course, I'm sure they'll work it out in the end, but, at least for me, it feels as though the writers are spinning their wheels in the mud a bit.

Reminds me of Stein;s Gate. The pacing is slow but the intention was to clear the ideas of what's going on. I rather have things play out small but have interacting character keep the show together. Like Death Note. Not much of a plot happened until far later when things started to rev up and push the limit.

Just wait, especially if a Watanabe production, he loves to keep things until the very end, from Kinds on a slope/Sakamichi No Apollon, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo. We learn the characters and the plots of everything slowly and at the end there is a strong understanding of everything, a wholeness of a project.
Aug 11, 2014 9:17 PM

Mar 2014
I don't mind slowness as long as there's development in some form. As I said, my problem is it feels like we're learning very little in the interim, at least in this episode anyway. I've yet to watch ep 4 so I'm sure I'll have more of an opinion then.
Aug 11, 2014 10:58 PM
Oct 2012
XOTIK said:
I don't mind slowness as long as there's development in some form. As I said, my problem is it feels like we're learning very little in the interim, at least in this episode anyway. I've yet to watch ep 4 so I'm sure I'll have more of an opinion then.

Without spoilers, episode four may give you the answers you are looking for. I like the slow pace and ending things with a bang or a cliffhanger to keep the viewer's attention.
Aug 12, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2014
Good episode!
I like Shibazaki,he's pretty smart...
Aug 19, 2014 6:08 AM

Oct 2010
Man, those milk puzzles just stroke me hard with similar resemblance to Whammy boys from Death Note.
Aug 30, 2014 2:59 PM

Oct 2012
Soo... why did they go to high school, if the're not attending classes?

Aug 31, 2014 1:32 AM

Jan 2014
Hope this will be more than those two just bombing stuff.
By the way, the policeman backstory is so cliched.
Aug 31, 2014 9:18 AM
Oct 2012
Moniisek said:

You'll figure it out in episode four.
Aug 31, 2014 2:41 PM

Jan 2012
nice to get some back story on Shibazaki and his motivations for wanting to catch these two! Also leaving evidence purposefully so they knew they were tied to the previous was interesting also, so many theories running through my head, cant wait to see where this goes.... another solid episode!
Sep 6, 2014 11:21 AM

Jun 2014
I start to like this show.
Sep 8, 2014 7:34 PM

Jun 2013
Ehhhhhh, i thought this episode was merely okay.
Sep 15, 2014 1:01 PM

Sep 2010
Nice to know that Sibazaki is apt to solve the riddles left to the police department by Nine and Twelve. Those last two must've really had a horrifying infancy...
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Sep 18, 2014 3:14 PM

Apr 2014
Samauri55ZeRo said:
I'm calling it now the inspector is lisa father...
I'm taking that one, I feel bad for her mom tho. First her husband and now Lisa just ran out, She'll probably go off the deep end now for sure. I was hoping they didn't get to the bomb in time, they could learn more about their bomb making abilities now with the one they disarmed..
---------My Profile------------
Sep 22, 2014 2:18 AM

Jul 2013
why do those bitches keep bullying Lisa? why does Lisa's mom has a loose screw in her head? and why is this show so awesome that after finishing an episode makes you feel like only a minute has passed?
Sep 26, 2014 11:43 AM

Jun 2011
Good to know the 2 kids want something other than to blow shit up, wonder where they are leading the cops to.

It's getting a little boring now.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 26, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2008
The webstream was a fairly cheap and cliched way to introduce the direct confrontation; it didn't really serve any other purpose. Still not taken in by this - Watanabe has done much better.

BRK25 said:
Moniisek said:

Care to enlighten me? I'm on episode five; still no explanation.
ToukaSep 26, 2014 4:50 PM
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Sep 26, 2014 7:02 PM
Oct 2012
Touka said:
The webstream was a fairly cheap and cliched way to introduce the direct confrontation; it didn't really serve any other purpose. Still not taken in by this - Watanabe has done much better.

BRK25 said:

Care to enlighten me? I'm on episode five; still no explanation.

To build a cover to the police on who they are and mend in like in Episode 4 at Aomori.

The real answer is in Episode nine.
Sep 26, 2014 8:08 PM

Jul 2008
BRK25 said:
To build a cover to the police on who they are and mend in like in Episode 4 at Aomori.

But it isn't building a cover; they never attend the school again. Since the police can estimate their age from the security footage, the main suspects should be school kids, which is why it isn't blending in either. It does the opposite, in fact. If the police had just searched for two students who transferred to a school in Tokyo roundabout the time the first bomb detonated, they would pretty much have them. I just skimmed through episode nine but couldn't spot anything to do with the school. Which scene is it?
Sep 27, 2014 5:46 AM
Oct 2012
Touka said:
BRK25 said:

But it isn't building a cover; they never attend the school again. Since the police can estimate their age from the security footage, the main suspects should be school kids, which is why it isn't blending in either. It does the opposite, in fact. If the police had just searched for two students who transferred to a school in Tokyo roundabout the time the first bomb detonated, they would pretty much have them. I just skimmed through episode nine but couldn't spot anything to do with the school. Which scene is it?

If they can wipe out the imagery in a high level nuclear facility, you think the school's security system can handle their skills? They were just meant in the sense if someone sees them in school, they look normal, acted normal and the police wouldn't figure them out.

If you skimmed through episode nine, then of course you are not going to find it. You need to watch it as a whole and the answer will make itself very very very clear.
Sep 27, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2008
BRK25 said:
Touka said:

If they can wipe out the imagery in a high level nuclear facility, you think the school's security system can handle their skills? They were just meant in the sense if someone sees them in school, they look normal, acted normal and the police wouldn't figure them out.

If you skimmed through episode nine, then of course you are not going to find it. You need to watch it as a whole and the answer will make itself very very very clear.

But they went to school once. Before any bombs went off. The police weren't even looking for them then. And they can't wipe footage the police already have; which wasn't from the school anyway. Honestly, the school seems to have no place in the plot at all. It's not a cover, it's not blending in; it just seems to me a poor excuse to throw Lisa into the story. Can you tell me the reason outright, if there is one? I don't care about spoilers.
Sep 27, 2014 12:05 PM
Oct 2012
Touka said:
BRK25 said:

But they went to school once. Before any bombs went off. The police weren't even looking for them then. And they can't wipe footage the police already have; which wasn't from the school anyway. Honestly, the school seems to have no place in the plot at all. It's not a cover, it's not blending in; it just seems to me a poor excuse to throw Lisa into the story. Can you tell me the reason outright, if there is one? I don't care about spoilers.

You are missing the point. Their mission is to jump in and blend in with the crowd, to not make others become suspicious. They had a goal in mind and they leave evidence on purpose in favor of leaving a trail cause they want to be caught. However, they used the school for a cover first. They used the school to get on a field trip and blend in along with the kururin.

They can also wipe out their information since their names are fake to begin with.

The school does have a place but I will not spoil it. You need to watch it as it goes. It will make sense, trust me. Lisa was thrown in and you'll figure out her place in the story in either episode six or episode 11, but that still won't mean you'll like or dislike the character for what she is.
Sep 27, 2014 1:07 PM

Jul 2008
I just finished the series... no answers. As I thought; just a forced way to introduce Lisa into the story. So dumb, so contrived.
Sep 27, 2014 3:16 PM
Mar 2013
I LOVE THIS ANIME!!!!!!!1!!!!!

I feel so sorry for Lisa and her mom.. TT__TT
Sep 27, 2014 4:23 PM
Oct 2012
Touka said:
I just finished the series... no answers. As I thought; just a forced way to introduce Lisa into the story. So dumb, so contrived.

In one go without considering the factors or letting the knowledge sink in? This isn't exactly a shounen show where things are clear.

Then again, you already dislike it and gave it a 3/10, what's the point of salvaging or giving you a reason to like it. I'm not going to bother.
Sep 27, 2014 6:56 PM

Jul 2008
BRK25 said:
Touka said:

In one go without considering the factors or letting the knowledge sink in? This isn't exactly a shounen show where things are clear.

Then again, you already dislike it and gave it a 3/10, what's the point of salvaging or giving you a reason to like it. I'm not going to bother.

I don't need some cool down period to process what has happened; the brain works in real-time. By the end of something, people generally know if they've liked it or not and why. I've seen shounens light-years ahead of Zankyou no Terror. The show is dumb; it doesn't leave the audience with a single display of intelligence nor any worthwhile questions, but rather loose ends and stupidity. I'm not looking for you to give me a reason to like it, nor am I asking you to try, I'm just stating my views on what I believe to be and incredibly idiotic series.
Sep 27, 2014 7:29 PM
Oct 2012
Touka said:
BRK25 said:

I don't need some cool down period to process what has happened; the brain works in real-time. By the end of something, people generally know if they've liked it or not and why. I've seen shounens light-years ahead of Zankyou no Terror. The show is dumb; it doesn't leave the audience with a single display of intelligence nor any worthwhile questions, but rather loose ends and stupidity. I'm not looking for you to give me a reason to like it, nor am I asking you to try, I'm just stating my views on what I believe to be and incredibly idiotic series.

I understand but with the very tight time constraints of the show and your really only watching like 19 minutes of new footage, the brain can process but not everything, looking up cinematography sites, reviews and seeing how other brains are working made me appreciate the show cause every scene was put to work.

I loev the Director's work on it. Despite the shitty writing, what he manage to do in short time and have it flow coherently with magnificent choreographed scenes, the show gets to me, but to others, outside of the scenes would say it is average.

All in all, your mileage may vary.
Oct 3, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2014
This series is getting better and better.

I totally love the way Sphinx is playing with the police. But up to now I don't understand what is Lisa's purpose in the story..
Oct 7, 2014 6:34 PM

Jan 2012
Good anime's riddles

the story of Oedipus Rex

Oct 12, 2014 7:20 AM
May 2012
Dafuq is wrong with Lisa's mother??

Samauri55ZeRo said:
I'm calling it now the inspector is lisa father...

Also first look at young number Five...

Also, I think, 9 is Shibazaki's son. So, Lisa and 9 are siblings.
Anyway, Shibazaki is really good!!
Did they come from "Whammy's House"?? That kid looks like Near ahahaha.
Oct 14, 2014 12:55 PM

May 2012
Very interesting development, really like where this is going and especially with those short flashbacks that really interest me to know what actually happened!
Oct 15, 2014 1:54 PM
Nov 2011
hmm can someone tell me whats going on from the beginning until this episode? I'm confused :/
Oct 24, 2014 2:50 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The anime starts to involve me, the narrative falls further as rhythm, but the reason is clear, they have to introduce the antagonist in the best way.
The Plot is still unclear as to who will actively participate in the story, surely the fair-haired girl, it will be also involved in the story.
Drawings and animations that good, the OST from that extra touch that makes the story remarkable.
Nov 23, 2014 4:35 PM

Oct 2013
Harima_Ray said:
hmm can someone tell me whats going on from the beginning until this episode? I'm confused :/

Everything will be explained,just keep watching.

Nov 28, 2014 2:15 AM
Nov 2013
Another great Episode but wish the riddle were little bit given with good explanation and view more in depth
Dec 1, 2014 12:18 PM

Oct 2013
Great episode :) I would just like to see what's the point of having Lisa in this anime. So far she's just suffering, both in school and at home.
Dec 17, 2014 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
Keep it going.. really curious about what's next.
Jan 11, 2015 8:30 AM
Nov 2013
Higashi No Eden meets Death Note. Awesome

Liza's Mum is mentally ill or something?
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

871 by ozrodger46 »»
Yesterday, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

417 by ozrodger46 »»
Yesterday, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.