Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 18, 2014 4:50 AM

Jun 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol. The dialogue in this ep was hella cheesy, but I aint even mad. :V The anime is back to start of the manga now, looks like they're not animating the second generation after all. Rinka's pass-through effects are pretty sweet though, and it seems that her hair only turns white when she's using her ESP powers.

And we finally see Peggi! :DD

Revenant_Jul 18, 2014 4:53 AM
Jul 18, 2014 8:16 AM

Aug 2010
So this was supposed to be ep1? It's not that bad. I know that the flashy action they made the first to be attracts more viewers but this was also pretty fun too ^^

Love Rinka's dad. He's hilarious XD And damn did he cause lots of damage there XD

Rinka's ability is pretty cool too. I wonder how she'll become as popular as she was shown in the first ep and where Azuma was in that ep?

Seems like no one knows about Espers at the moment. I wonder where those glowing fish come from?

Dat Nudist ED though :O
Jul 18, 2014 9:28 AM

Oct 2012
Okay seriously what's up with their hair changing color when they use their powers, they are changing a lot of stuff in the anime and I really dont like it, the whole first ep except for some of the characters and the floating building was different from the manga none of it happened this way in the manga....
Jul 18, 2014 10:01 AM

Nov 2011

The battle theme was pretty nice actually. Glad to see the penguin this time. And also, the hair change gimmick was stylish. I kinda like the direction of this show now although it does seem a bit gimmicky there.
Stark700Jul 18, 2014 10:24 AM
Jul 18, 2014 10:26 AM

Aug 2010
^ Lol'd so much at the dynamic entry XD
Jul 18, 2014 11:14 AM
Jul 2014
Not a fan of some omissions from the manga.

Taking her underwear off during that initial floor falling scene gives me a bad feeling for how they are adapting this thing...

They also left out all the funny manga reaction faces, and made our teleporter guy seem much less quirky, which were some of my favorite things.

Meh.
Jul 18, 2014 11:22 AM

Jun 2013
I can't really put my finger on it but this anime adaptation seems cheesy and somewhat "old-fashioned." Lol it's just not my type of anime. I don't know if I'll keep watching considering the manga is way better.

maskedmecha said:

Taking her underwear off during that initial floor falling scene gives me a bad feeling for how they are adapting this thing...

They also left out all the funny manga reaction faces, and made our teleporter guy seem much less quirky, which were some of my favorite things.

I agree. Taking off the underwear was unnecessary fanservice. Not to mention they're going at a pretty fast pace.

The fighting animations were subpar as well, especially at the beginning.
Jul 18, 2014 11:53 AM
Oct 2010
That fight at the start was awful. I couldn't even tell what was going on half the time, it felt like scenes were cut from it. Then the fanservice that came right after was ridiculous.. expectations lowered.
GD1551Jul 18, 2014 12:02 PM
Jul 18, 2014 12:00 PM
Jan 2014
Meh why couldn't she just have natural white hair like in the manga.. small things like these bothers me so freaking much when it comes to adaptions.
Jul 18, 2014 12:05 PM

Nov 2009
I agree the fanservice was more than in the manga. However, the hair change was necessary I think because of you know what in the final fight and so she wouldn't get found out by the police easily.

As to the omissions of scenes, I guess they're both tight in their budget and time; so many still scenes. >.< Oh well, if I had not read the manga though, I would still think the episode was quite decent. It definitely works because, for one, it explained the origin of their powers, and implied the limitations. Also, it set up the plot for the rest of the eps. And introduced main characters. ^^

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Jul 18, 2014 12:07 PM
Feb 2014
Hm... I'm actually liking the animation for this series a lot. A bit more fanservice than I would think was necessary tho... I like the action scenes... a bit confusing, but I find it among the better ones this season.

It feel like things are going a bit fast... I'm not sure I understand what's going on. It feels like the teleporter guy needs more development, bcos I have no idea what to think of him. They dobt seem to explained the glowin fish part very well... or will t be elaborated on later? Also, it feels like it could've been funnier, or had more laid back moments? As it is, it feels to action-y... I dont feel like I'm settling into this interestig esper filled world...

I like Rinka. But it feels like some scenes were left out cos her actions felt too decisive... also, I'm not sure I understand where her Crushing Psy Kick (not sure the full name) thing came frm. I believe it's a referece frm Ga- Rei or something? I dunno where she came up with that move...

Btw, haven't read or watched Ga-rei manga or anime or the Tokyo ESP manga.

edit: didn't realise her hair was only white in the manga... but I feel the anime change isn't bad at all... makes sense if her hair remains brown when normal... it'd b easy to find a White Haired girl in Tokyo otherwise... I mean, if she's known as White Haired Girl when she's in hero form, it'd be almost impossible to deny WHG was Rinka...
Duri1nJul 18, 2014 12:13 PM
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 18, 2014 12:08 PM

May 2012
Man Rinka looks hot with white hair and those red eyes.

Now I haven't read the manga, but from an aime pov. I didn't like this episode. The fan service was unexpected. I didn't think this would have, but okay. Also this felt fast paced. I felt like they was just trying get the info out there without really telling me. Also why does her hair turn from brown to white? I thought it would be white all the time. Idk. Maybe it happened that way in the manga. I give it a few more episodes. Hopefully it gets better.

2/5.
Jul 18, 2014 12:16 PM

Oct 2010
Dropped all these changes they did from the manga. She is suppose to have white hair all the damn time. I see they added fan service didnt bother me but i see where they going with it.
Jul 18, 2014 12:20 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
maskedmecha said:

Yeah just started reading the manga last week, and I was like, I don't think she was completely naked when she fell down...but then again I guess it would make sense that if she couldn't control her power and kept slipping through things, she would also slip through her underwear :/

Hmm, I think so far, the manga has more charm than the anime. Idk why though but it's not to say the anime is bad or anything.
Jul 18, 2014 12:22 PM

May 2013
That epic kick to her dad lol. Rinka's power is cool as well.
Jul 18, 2014 12:22 PM
Oct 2010
BTW talk about deliberately setting up false expectations, what were they thinking airing that first episode then switching over to this? I've read the first few pages of the manga now, and why did they feel the need to make her naked? wtf?
GD1551Jul 18, 2014 12:28 PM
Jul 18, 2014 12:23 PM

Nov 2012
And now it's finally started!

Quoting the famous "No, it's a bird! No, it's a plane!" phrase, we've got ourselves a flying penguin!

Steven Seagal the bartender makes his cameo - or so I thought. He's rather drawn differently than in the manga lol.

Rinka's father being oblivious to what happened to him after all this time! C'mon, that ball of metal surrounding you ain't suspicious at all? XD

Seeing all of these developments kinda reminded me how Heroes the TV series started in its pilot episode.

Hmm, it's during these times sometimes that I regret reading the manga ages ago. Great 'beginning' though!

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jul 18, 2014 12:24 PM

Jun 2013
So all those glowing fish are giving people power, Rinka can faze through objects, Azuma can teleport and her father can attract metal objects. So far so good. That flying penguin looks interesting to we will probably find more about it next episode.
Jul 18, 2014 12:26 PM
Jan 2014
Not sure what to think of this yet.

The first episode was enjoyable, but I'm not so sure what to think out of this one.

Not having read the manga, this still felt very fast pace. Don't feel anything about the character so far because of that. It's kinda turning me down.

I really hope things get sorted out later on, because this episode left me with a long of questions.

Though the showcase of some of their powers was cool, I guess.
Jul 18, 2014 12:29 PM

Apr 2012
her dads wolverine with magneto power
Jul 18, 2014 12:31 PM
Jan 2014
antipurefaith said:

That's exactly what I was thinking, lol!
Jul 18, 2014 12:31 PM
May 2014
Imo this was a better first episode than the action packed one... Characters seem pretty neat. Animation is good, especially the ESP effects.

Perhaps I'll read the manga.
Jul 18, 2014 12:36 PM

Sep 2013
Pure hearted heroine with no flaws in personality, flying penguins, floating fish, Wolverine-Magneto with the personality of Joseph Joestar, cheesy speeches about justice and good will, randomly touching objects that could easily be tested for fingerprints, cars being brought together and no one is panicing. Top it all off with good animation and soundtrack.

*Pulls brain out of head and puts it over to the side*

Anime of the Season folks, this is it. I swear if it doesn't remain this cheesy and over the top I will be gravely disappointed. I hope it remains that way because it would be a hilarious parody of superhero shows.
KetenJul 18, 2014 12:39 PM
Jul 18, 2014 12:45 PM
Feb 2014
Keten said:
Pure hearted heroine with no flaws in personality, flying penguins, floating fish, Wolverine-Magneto with the personality of Joseph Joestar, cheesy speeches about justice and good will, randomly touching objects that could easily be tested for fingerprints, cars being brought together and no one is panicing. Top it all off with good animation and soundtrack.

*Pulls brain out of head and puts it over to the side*

Anime of the Season folks, this is it. I swear if it doesn't remain this cheesy and over the top I will be gravely disappointed. I hope it remains that way because it would be a hilarious parody of superhero shows.

Hey, that's actually a really nice way of thinking abt this series. Haha... I like it. But, I'd prefer if they took things a bit slower still...

ResidentANM said:
antipurefaith said:

That's exactly what I was thinking, lol!

I was thinking the exact same thing too... hahaha...
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 18, 2014 12:50 PM

Dec 2012
Flying penguin! Lucky old man in that intro xD

Pretty much interested on other kinds of power.Not sure about the story in manga but I feel the pacing of the story is kinda slow and considering this is only 12 ep show, some parts might be compensated.
Jul 18, 2014 12:51 PM

Sep 2013
Duri1n said:

Hey, that's actually a really nice way of thinking abt this series. Haha... I like it. But, I'd prefer if they took things a bit slower still...

Dude, black fist breaks a sculpture in a museum and Rinka takes the time to ask if she can afford the damages. Lmao. Also I agree the pacing is sort of all over the place. I can't help but love the episode anyway for some reason though. I hope it doesn't get as serious as that first episode down the line honestly, I find it far more enjoyable as a silly superhero show.
KetenJul 18, 2014 1:16 PM
Jul 18, 2014 1:04 PM
Jan 2013
Too bad, I don't get to see Rinka's fanservice, I wonder if she shaves her pussy?
Jul 18, 2014 1:05 PM

Nov 2013
So they really took out most of the comedy, Azuma is less awesome than he is in the manga :(

The pacing is good, It's not a perfect adaptation panel for panel but it's nothing to complain about (for now).

The effects of Rinka's ability look great, the hair color change was a little unexpected but whatever. Also what's with all the fanservice (especially in the ED) <_<

Well, good adaptation so far ^_^
5/5

Next episode we see Peggi. Hahahaha can't wait! :D
Jul 18, 2014 1:07 PM

May 2014
Keten said:
Also I agree the pacing is sort of all over the place. I can't help but love the episode anyway for some reason though. I hope it doesn't get as serious as that first episode down the line honestly, I find it far more enjoyable as a silly superhero show.
Same here, it's just so badly executed, but it's so cheesy and silly I can't help but laugh at it. Watching this after JoJo helps it a lot. And I did come for a silly superhero show and that's what I'm getting.

Botato said:
Well, good bloody awful adaptation so far ^_^
5/5
FTFY
T3hSourceJul 18, 2014 1:12 PM
Jul 18, 2014 1:11 PM

Sep 2013
T3hSource said:
Same here, it's just so badly executed, but it's so cheesy and silly I can't help but laugh at it. Watching this after JoJo helps it a lot. And I did come for a silly superhero show and that's what I'm getting.

That is my thoughts exactly. Now I got 2 silly shows to watch on Fridays. So happy. (Provided it stays silly.)
Jul 18, 2014 1:11 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Looks like my initial assumption of them going to start at the beginning was correct

I really like Azuma, and Rinka is pretty cool too...Her dad was funny and dat Dynamic Entry tho xDD

Also I'm guessing that everyone's powers will develop even more since Red has like some forcefield punch thing later on

As of now this series looks pretty fun so I'll be sticking with it :) Can't wait to see all of the other familiar faces!!
TokoyaJul 18, 2014 1:17 PM
Jul 18, 2014 1:17 PM

Nov 2013
T3hSource said:
Botato said:
Well, good bloody awful adaptation so far ^_^
5/5
FTFY
I said good not great, amazing, or perfect <_<
Jul 18, 2014 1:48 PM

Jul 2011
Baddie007 said:
I wonder if she shaves her pussy?

Shes Japanese. So its probably a rainforest down there.
Jul 18, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2011
What's with all those fanservice?
Rinka have white hair all along in manga.. she is born with it.

This isn't magical shoujo anime, what's up with the transformation?
The hair + eyes changing (Rinka's eyes from wine red to bright red) element is un-needed.
Only Rinka and her father so far has this transformation so far. Azuma don't have it when he's using his power..why that? Neither do Black Fist. her entire body shines because her power is invisibility, not hair changing color..
If they want to include transformation when activating power, then do it to all the esper.. this is retarded.
The 'normal' Rinka in anime look so dull..

Funny scenes removed.. They took away the fun..

Sigh..
Jul 18, 2014 1:52 PM

Apr 2009
1/10 for messing with Rinka's hair.

Seriously, just what the hell for?

Also, not liking it much so far. I really hoped they would at least partially keep Segawa's wacky style, but it doesn't look like they're even trying.
NanacaJul 18, 2014 1:58 PM
Jul 18, 2014 1:55 PM

Apr 2012
Cheesy ass dialogue, but interesting super powers especially the dad XD
Slipping through objects and teleportation makes for quite the combo

Jul 18, 2014 1:55 PM

Sep 2013
I am soooo glad I do not read the manga, because damn you guys are angry. Lmao. Considering how ridiculous the show is already, the fact that Rinka and her dad have changing hair does not even remotely bother me. The fanservice is a bit of an issue though honestly, but the beginning scene I understand, she fell out of her clothes, if she still had her underwear on it wouldn't make any sense....... Not that the series really has to at this point.
Jul 18, 2014 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
Worst anime of this season so far,still,I am going to keep on watching.
Jul 18, 2014 1:59 PM

Nov 2013
Keten said:
I am soooo glad I do not read the manga, because damn you guys are angry. Lmao. Considering how ridiculous the show is already, the fact that Rinka and her dad have changing hair does not even remotely bother me. The fanservice is a bit of an issue though honestly, but the beginning scene I understand, she fell out of her clothes, if she still had her underwear on it wouldn't make any sense....... Not that the series really has to at this point.
The only thing you should be mad about is the fact that they removed 90% of the comedy.
Jul 18, 2014 2:02 PM

Dec 2011
Ohoo, Rinka's pretty cool to be honest.

Holy crap... Rinka's naked and passing through objects!

Dat ass... dem boobs... SACRE BLEU!

Kyoutarou to the rescue of an almost naked Rinka!

A flying penguin... seems legit.

Of course, catch that flying penguin and sell him to a circus or something lol.

I think your father has some problems of his own with his power.

LOL... poor father got kicked right in the mug XD.

Azuma's really weak... and here I thought I found myself a nice male MC to cheer on...

Nice hero speech you gave there Crow Head.

So what was the first episode all about if they're going to start from the scratch from the 2nd episode lol?
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 18, 2014 2:05 PM

Sep 2013
Botato said:
The only thing you should be mad about is the fact that they removed 90% of the comedy.

That kind of blows I guess, knowing it could have been even more hilarious. I'll judge it as an anime and not as an adaption though.
Jul 18, 2014 2:06 PM
Aug 2011
Dropping.
While I wouldn't call the cast unlikeable, the atmosphere felt similar to Strike the Blood or something equally as terrible a and I don't want to have to live through that again.
Jul 18, 2014 2:09 PM

Nov 2013
Keten said:
Botato said:

That kind of blows I guess, knowing it could have been even more hilarious. I'll judge it as an anime and not as an adaption though.
Yeah the manga is awesome, it's all around silly over the top action and comedy, when they remove the comedy it's just less fun than what it is supposed to be :|
Jul 18, 2014 2:10 PM

May 2014
DejWoSWK said:
Worst anime of this season so far,still,I am going to keep on watching.
Tried Momo Kyun Sword or Himegoto yet?
But as the biggest fail, I'm more inclined to agree.
Jul 18, 2014 2:11 PM

Sep 2013
Botato said:
Yeah the manga is awesome, it's all around silly over the top action and comedy, when they remove the comedy it's just less fun than what it is supposed to be :|

Wonder why they took that stuff out. oO Budget constraints maybe? The animation is fine so I don't know what would be the issue. Well at least now I know it's more of the same though and not serious stuff. I will still enjoy it none-the-less.
Jul 18, 2014 2:25 PM
Nov 2013
It's too early to think anything about this series. But so far I like, I love anime about espers. I also think this is te first role from Kido Ibuki that doesn't make my ears cringe. I hope she gets more roles like Rinka.

And damn that ed song, I love Yousei Teikoku.
Jul 18, 2014 2:26 PM

Apr 2012
parfaited said:
Dropping.
While I wouldn't call the cast unlikeable, the atmosphere felt similar to Strike the Blood or something equally as terrible a and I don't want to have to live through that again.

clearly you are exaggerating because it doesn't have

Jul 18, 2014 2:27 PM
Apr 2013
I quite liked Azuma. He was the only one who seemed to realize he was in a generic superhero show.
Jul 18, 2014 2:29 PM

Mar 2014
Not a bad episode even though there was some really cheesy dialogue. At least the effects on their powers looked cool...
Jul 18, 2014 2:34 PM

Mar 2008
After all that hype in first episode this episode feels so missed and fail :/ I dont like that they went kinda Black Rock Shooter with this anime. This should have been first episode and previous one to be finale imho.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

83 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:18 AM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

328 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

66 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 3:27 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

77 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 2:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Aug 1, 2014

107 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 24, 2021 6:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.