Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, that got somewhat weird. The future~

I don't think there is actually a supernatural theme to this show though as it follows more of slice of life style. Nonetheless, I see more flags. The episode felt really fast though especially for Touko.
Jul 10, 2014 8:24 AM

Dec 2010
Wait, so how many people like Touko???
Jul 10, 2014 8:39 AM

Jun 2013
Yuki confesses that he likes Touko, some interesting talks about the future as well.
Jul 10, 2014 8:43 AM

May 2013
Seeing into the future? Now that's interesting. We got a confession from Yuki and Yanagi hears it as well.
Jul 10, 2014 8:45 AM

May 2012
Seeing the future through glass. Okay.

Pretty good episode. The whole talk about the future was pretty interesting. Wonder how it would come into play besides romance. I guess they ban dating in the group for things like this not to happen. Wasn't expecting Yuki to confess. Well at least not in the same episode. Can't wait to see next episode.

3/5.
Jul 10, 2014 8:47 AM

Jan 2014
Not sure what to think of this series yet, though I'm not sure I should be sure at only episode 2. Either way, I'm not overly entertained by it. I love the animation though which is certainly keeping me watching. It's unfair to judge it fully right now so I'll wait a bit, but I'm a fan of the "Honey and Clover" type of SOL. "Glasslip" seems like it has potential so I'll stick around for a bit longer. Though I don't really enjoy a ton of needless melodrama which I feel is on the horizon haha.
Jul 10, 2014 8:51 AM

Mar 2013
Ugh, I really don't like Okikura. Every scene with him feels so awkward and forced.

[spoiler]
On the other hand, I'm really glad Yuki confessed to Touko. I hope they end up together.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
JeavJul 10, 2014 6:49 PM
Jul 10, 2014 8:52 AM

Oct 2013
The love hexagon has officially started.

By the way, I spotted Chopin's famous nocturne op.9 no.2 in e flat major. Such a beautiful work.
Jul 10, 2014 8:54 AM

Jan 2014
SalemWitch said:
Ugh, I really don't like Okikura. Every scene with him feels so awkward and forced.

[spoiler]
LOL, I don't like him that much either but he will end up with Touko. They both have some kind of "power" when they are together. Its just like how Chisaki (hate her) and Tsumugu(God I wish he drowned instead of getting ena) were the ones who grew up so they ended up together.

The couples are already decided from what I can see.
JeavJul 10, 2014 6:49 PM
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jul 10, 2014 8:56 AM

Oct 2013
SalemWitch said:

I think that we are supposed to feel this way. The director probably intended this feeling to be felt
Jul 10, 2014 8:57 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Hiro's elder sister's (1st) description of a guy who understands the woman heart was (almost) correct!

Really loved how Frédéric Chopin's Nocturne was playing the background. Kakeru is great enough to be listening to classical pieces! (^^)

Looks like Touko can see fragments of future when focusing on a glass near certain people (So far, Kakeru only).
He's quite sharp to figure this out quickly only after meeting her once!

Hiro's onee-chan teasing him about Sachi was pretty funny!

Was Touko oblivious to the fact that Yuki likes her over Yanagi? O.o
Yanagi is probably secretly jealous of Touko..

I like Hina-chan so far. She definitely seems like a fun character. (^^)

Touko getting flustered after being confessed by Yuki was cute. :3
I feel bad for Yanagi though. Did she see the confession?

Touko wants to see the future with Kakeru's assistance once again. She's quite kind to try finding a solution for Yanagi's sake.

Good episode. A lot of good characters and plot developments.
Looking forward to their hiking adventure/romance. (^^)

Jul 10, 2014 8:59 AM

Jun 2012
David really pisses me off. Hopefully he dies in a glassblowing accident or something.
Jul 10, 2014 9:00 AM

Nov 2012
and here i thought this anime was supposed to be about glass blowing...

SalemWitch said:

i agree.
Jul 10, 2014 9:01 AM

Mar 2013
uran10 said:
SalemWitch said:

Yeah it really does seem that way but I hope that won't be the case. Maybe the show is just messing with us with the predictability of the endgame couples.
JeavJul 10, 2014 6:50 PM
Jul 10, 2014 9:04 AM
May 2013
SalemWitch said:
uran10 said:

Yeah it really does seem that way but I hope that won't be the case. Maybe the show is just messing with us with the predictability of the endgame couples.

I always wondered about this but are Yanagi and Yuki living together ?
JeavJul 10, 2014 6:51 PM
Jul 10, 2014 9:05 AM

Dec 2011
I feel like I don't really understand this anime..
Jul 10, 2014 9:06 AM

Mar 2013
Joanna25 said:
I always wondered about this but are Yanagi and Yuki living together?
Yup, they do live together. I read somewhere that they're step-siblings. I can't find the source though so take that with a grain of salt.
Jul 10, 2014 9:09 AM
May 2013
SalemWitch said:
Joanna25 said:
I always wondered about this but are Yanagi and Yuki living together?
Yup, they do live together. I read somewhere that they're step-siblings. I can't find the source though so take that with a grain of salt.

Ohhh i seee thx :D ....but even though their step-siblings are they allowed to date? i mean their parents might not approve of that .. ahh what i am thinking first of all they must have mutual feelings lol
Jul 10, 2014 9:12 AM

Mar 2013
Joanna25 said:
SalemWitch said:
Ohhh i seee thx :D ....but even though their step-siblings are they allowed to date? i mean their parents might not approve of that .. ahh what i am thinking first of all they must have mutual feelings lol
No problem. Glasslip seems to suffer from the disappearing parent syndrome so I guess we can safely say the parents are out of the picture, hehe. Though even if Yuki and Yanagi got together I don't see the problem since they're not related by blood. People could gossip but again, this doesn't seem like a show that would focus on that.
Jul 10, 2014 9:15 AM

Apr 2013
A show about clairvoyance eh, pretty interesting.

Now that the last flag has shown itself for a certain person, let's see where the flag for touko and david will end. (No matter how obvious it may be, lol)

This ep just raised the question of what David intends to do considering he knows clairvoyance much earlier. He even dodged touko's question on that. O:
JaythorJul 10, 2014 9:23 AM
Jul 10, 2014 9:15 AM

Aug 2013
Didn't expect a confession this early and the ability talk sounds interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2014 9:16 AM
May 2013
SalemWitch said:
Joanna25 said:
No problem. Glasslip seems to suffer from the disappearing parent syndrome so I guess we can safely say the parents are out of the picture, hehe. Though even if Yuki and Yanagi got together I don't see the problem since they're not related by blood. People could gossip but again, this doesn't seem like a show that would focus on that.

hahaha you're right XD
i cant hep but get a vib of nagi asu so far XD and i dunno but i think Sachi likes/loves touko ?
JeavJul 10, 2014 6:52 PM
Jul 10, 2014 9:20 AM

Mar 2013
Joanna25 said:
SalemWitch said:
hahaha you're right XD
i cant hep but get a vib of nagi asu so far XD and i dunno but i think Sachi likes/loves touko ?
That's certainly a possibility. Bring on the yuri 8-)
Jul 10, 2014 9:21 AM

Jul 2014
Meh.... decent episode I guess. The art is beautiful but I was expecting this anime to stand out a bit more. Nothing makes sense (but maybe it'll get better once the story progresses)

I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe its just me but it's like the characters know something that the audience doesn't (yet).

Also, what's up with Yuki and Yanagi. Are they siblings... or step-siblings? They do seem to live together.

3/5
Jul 10, 2014 9:22 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, a lot of negative comments, I'm actually a bit surprised!

The animation is consistently stunning and the characters are starting to be fleshed out a lot more, I really like Touko and Yuki already. And there's a lot of drama on the horizon!

Great episode; excited to see what happens next. Is this future-seeing power going to be fully realised? Shame it's only one cour.

5/5
Jul 10, 2014 9:25 AM

May 2010
I am starting to like the OP, it has such a slice of life-y mood.

Whoa, this got real. There's even precognition in this anime, interesting.

Touko's parents have some hilarious interactions, I love how her dad goes all out with his memories then her mom totally ruins them.

Wow, that was a quick confession, but I liked it, the sooner the better. Okay, this episode made me want to ship Yanagi x Imi, I am rooting for Yanagi. She saw such a heatbreaking scene yet she still remained normal and that takes guts.

This got really interesting! Tbh I overrated the series when the first episode aired, I thought it was a '7' but had high expectations so gave it an '8'. This episode turned me into a fan, it was a really good episode.

That nano.ripe ED is growing on as well.

9/10
TragicRomanceJul 10, 2014 9:30 AM
Jul 10, 2014 9:27 AM

Dec 2012
interesting. quite hearbreaking seeing yana enduring her pain.
Jul 10, 2014 9:28 AM

Jul 2013
before the op, i thought the characters were all having a conversation in code. it was confusing.

at least this episode didn't have a whole conversation about chicken rights.

the story is getting more interesting with the seeing the future through glass but i now have questions about how it works.

yuki and yanagi seem to be the most interesting. i see lots of drama coming. i bet it really hurt yanagi to watch yuki confess to touko and act like nothing happened but i've just gained some respect for yanagi for it.

i get yuri vibes from sachi but it's probably just her being an overprotective friend who respects touko a whole lot.

okikura's conversations are awkward. talking to him would make anyone uncomfortable. i'm not even sure if he's socially awkward.

the show itself is reverse dramatic irony since the characters know something that the audience doesn't. i don't really understand what's going on but i'll go with the flow. as the story progresses hopefully things will be cleared up more
orchidorkJul 10, 2014 9:37 AM
Jul 10, 2014 9:30 AM

Dec 2012
OG-3 said:
I feel like I don't really understand this anime..

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
I'm still really disappointing. Everything just pops out so random and making no sense.
Also,it's really obvious Touko's VA is new,she's not very good yet imo.
Jul 10, 2014 9:30 AM

Aug 2013
this show is quick to the confessions, even in Nagi they waited until the end

And it seems as though Hiro, Yana, and Yuki all live together?

Current Standings
Jul 10, 2014 9:35 AM

Jul 2010
So the confessions start!
Yuki confesses but is kind of just left standing there. Felt a bit bad for him and Yanagi.
Okikura reminds me a bit of Tsumugu. Both being somewhat tan and a bit weird quiet.
To be able to see the future makes this a little more interesting.
Jul 10, 2014 9:36 AM

May 2010
pretty good episode..a few laughs here and there ;) i dunno it got abit weird with the dating allowod/not allowed part and how everyone got so pumped after it was allowed..wtf! But what happened after that ..omg i can soooo relay to that:D

confessing to girls was one of the hurdles i had to overcome in my youth and its took me alot to jump over my shadow especially the first time.

the scene at the bench was just hilarious :D "thank you" hahaha

enjoyed it :)
Jul 10, 2014 9:38 AM
Apr 2014
that sure is 1 shitty anime, looks more like a brazilian telenovela
SIOEJul 10, 2014 9:42 AM
That's how I see like more than half of the MAL users with their "waifus", hentais, harems, weird-ass video games and all that shit
Jul 10, 2014 9:42 AM

Aug 2013
Someone could tell me about dating stuff in thier group (and what it is a group? School club or something? ) ? I don't get it at all, I feel like I missed an episede...

But anyway, plot seems to be very nice. I like this show very much.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 10, 2014 9:44 AM

May 2010
rsc-pl said:
Someone could tell me about dating stuff in thier group (and what it is a group? School club or something? ) ? I don't get it, I feel like I missed an episede...

But anyway, I like this show very much.

yeh it looks like its just a normal clique of friends...i must have missed that episode aswell
Jul 10, 2014 9:52 AM

Jul 2014
rsc-pl said:
Someone could tell me about dating stuff in thier group (and what it is a group? School club or something? ) ? I don't get it at all, I feel like I missed an episede...

But anyway, plot seems to be very nice. I like this show very much.

i think they just like hang out together in the same place, and from what i see every each of them most likely part-timer of that cafe. almost every time they go to the cafe, one of them is working though
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Jul 10, 2014 9:57 AM

Jul 2014
by the way, this episode most likely answer my question of the first episode. But Touko's announcement is really makes thing turn upside down, and Yuki's confession is the first step to all of romance in this anime, i think
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Jul 10, 2014 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
Well,I surely did not expect this anime to have supernatural elements but I don't mind,if they will implement them well.
Romance started pretty soon,I'd say,so I wonder how will the releationship develop over the series.
Bottom line,I like it so far and I am going to carry on watching.
Jul 10, 2014 10:09 AM

Jan 2009
Seeing the future is interesting… confessions didn't feel believable cuz there was no build up

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jul 10, 2014 10:10 AM

Jul 2010
Okay, that whole supernatural theme about the future really flew right past my head. Didn't get it at all. Hope we get more information about that in the future. (Hehe, in the future.)

David got immediate brownie points from me for Chopin's (all too famous) Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2. Wish it were something less-known, like his Etude Op. 10 No. 3 that I'm learning, but hey, it's classical music in anime so I'm not complaining.

On another note, didn't expect the drama to start so quickly.
Sigh...Yuki's definitely my favorite. I love the jealous underdogs. It's somewhat obvious that Touko won't like him in the end...but I really hope he doesn't get together with Yana (even though that probably will be implied). It just irks me sometimes when the guy underdogs conveniently have another girl to comfort them. Feels like a cop out.

I thought Yana was Yuki's sister though...? I mean, they live together? I don't understand that whole situation tbh. And it seems like Yana is older than the rest of them as well. Hopefully it's not some incest garbage (or step-sister or whatever).

It's also somewhat obvious that comedy guy likes Sacchan. Hopefully she'll accept - seems like the least drama-filled romance that could occur. Unless she's all yuri for Touko. xD

Anyways, we must prepare our hearts for lots and lots of melodrama. I don't know how I'll like it...hopefully I won't find the emotion suffocating. I wish there was more comedy to balance out the drama.
Still, beautiful animation.
And that running scene between David and Yuki was pretty cute.

MasterDetective said:
this show is quick to the confessions, even in Nagi they waited until the end

And it seems as though Hiro, Yana, and Yuki all live together?

Current Standings

I don't think we know for sure that Touko likes David. I think you could make a stronger case that David likes Touko...and I also don't see how Sacchan possibly likes Yuki.
fishergirl16Jul 10, 2014 10:16 AM
Jul 10, 2014 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
By the way,while David(Okikuro) was lying on the sofa,the music playing was Chopin,right?
Or did I perchance mistook it?
Jul 10, 2014 10:20 AM

May 2012
oh well 3/5 for me. Was expecting more explanation on that future shit thingy ~ really weird - * maybe all of them really going to die in the end :O

Touko said that her necklace pendant ( which was made from glass?) made by Sacchan isnt it? and Sacchan also know about her sparkly power thingy ~ hmm I'm interested in Sacchan ~ usually this kinda character have something up their sleeve

P/S Anyone notice how Sacchan and David have a little resemblance?
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jul 10, 2014 10:24 AM

Apr 2013
early confession and that is where things will get complicated.

i feel bad for yanagi :(
Jul 10, 2014 10:24 AM

Jul 2013
Hmmmm, the ability to see the future, the desperate "I want to see the future", rails, a train... "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" anyone? I don't think that there will be anything other than seeing the future here, but am I the only one who has the feeling that someone in this show will eventually die?

In the first place, the entire animation gives off the feeling of a flashback, of a bitter-sweet memory. Note that in some scenes the corners are white and sometimes we have scenes with a standstill picture. Not to mention every episode thus far has a scene with the mother and father of Touko retelling a memory from their young couple years, which is bound to have some secret or at least metaphorical meaning.

These signs all lead me to think that this is all a memory that's being told to us. Either someone will die or the group will simply split apart. Both are very likely, since Touko saw a train heading straight at her and the second idea is, well, pretty obvious since the festival at the beginning of the first episode, where the characters discuss how they won't be able to see each other.

Then again, this is only the second episode and there's no telling what might come up next.

PS: Kudos to Yuki for being a man and confessing! Loved that confessing moment! There was just the right amount of awkwardness. I mean, Touko thought he was going to confess to Yana. Why wouldn't she talk like that before his confession (barely trying to keep the secret, since she's excited about her friends getting together) and then being shocked and confused after she discovered he liked her and not Yana? There was not an overuse of blushing and stuttering, which I quite like.
ShadowwolfcatJul 10, 2014 10:28 AM
Jul 10, 2014 10:25 AM

Jul 2012
Kerozinn said:
rsc-pl said:
Someone could tell me about dating stuff in thier group (and what it is a group? School club or something? ) ? I don't get it, I feel like I missed an episede...

But anyway, I like this show very much.

yeh it looks like its just a normal clique of friends...i must have missed that episode aswell

What episode did you guys want? It was pretty self-explanatory to me? They're just a group of friends who hang out. The 'no dating' rule was put in place so as to avoid any dramas between their friendship, which happens a lot in real life.

When friends start dating internally within a larger friendship group, it can often become awkward, or some people may avoid or float away from the group. There can also be jealousy, sometimes back-stabbing, etc. That's normal social dynamics.
BW42Jul 10, 2014 10:29 AM
Jul 10, 2014 10:32 AM

May 2014
I definitely wasn't expecting a supernatural element to this show. Okikura still sucks and is Sacchi a closet lesbian or just overprotective of Touko?
Jul 10, 2014 10:42 AM

Apr 2013
The pacing was kinda weird. Neither fast or slow, just weird. Stuff just happened.
Wonder how this anime will turn out to be... :/
That ED sure is nice~ :D
Jul 10, 2014 10:48 AM

Aug 2009
OMFG Its like my worst fucking nightmare...A girl that is so dense and stupid that she cant notice the guy liked her... omfg x__x

And HONESTLY this is all Yuki's fault! He says he liked Touko, but hes ALWAYS at Yanagi's house, he lets her touch him when he was streching!!! He brought this upon himself if he is confused on why Yanagi liked him...
Jul 10, 2014 10:49 AM

Jun 2014
The episode was kind of confusing! Seemed like they tried to throw too much information at us at once.

I really enjoyed hearing Chopin in the episode though and I think that the lift on the "no dating" rule is going to make things interesting. The group was uneven until Okikura showed up, so it will be interesting to see who confesses to whom and if any of them end up together at the end.

I knew going into this anime about the seeing the future twist, so I wasn't surprised to see it show up in this episode.

I am really interested in a further explanation about Okikura and Toko's connection with him hearing the voices and her seeing the picture side.

I'll be sticking with this one til the end!

Oh and as someone mentioned earlier in this thread - Yukinari and Yanagi are step siblings so that is why they live together. The information you probably read was here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasslip
CeissaDesisteJul 10, 2014 10:53 AM
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jul 10, 2014 10:49 AM

Mar 2012
I didn't expect the story to be that strange. I thought it would be some normal slice of life, but they can see the future now..?
Why's everyone hating on David too? I can understand why for Yukinari but Sachi's reaction was just annoying.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.