Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2014 9:53 AM

Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a really good first episode. I'm a fan of the manga and this anime (the first episode at least) didn't disappoint.
Also I love Izumi's mother's reactions lol
I really liked the ending song!!
Jul 9, 2014 11:05 AM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned.
Yes this is a shounen ai/BL series. Please read the genres before commenting about "lol BL is shit not watching".
We don't need that kind of trolling in here.

Edit: Removed troll posts again.
I won't warn a third time.
VudisJul 9, 2014 11:15 AM
Jul 9, 2014 11:17 AM
Jul 2013
Vudis said:
Thread cleaned.
Yes this is a shounen ai/BL series. Please read the genres before commenting about "lol BL is shit not watching".

Edit: Removed troll posts again.
I won't warn a third time.

Thank you so much for that.

On the first episode, I really enjoyed it.
I remember reading the manga a few months back and imagined it'd be a good anime. It's more funny than I expected as well, they really did well translating from the manga.
Jul 9, 2014 11:20 AM

Jun 2008
Vudis said:
Thread cleaned.

God bless you. For god's sake, haters dont hate on something you dont understand. Just leave the fans alone and enjoying the series in peace and love. Everyone has their opinions but there are nicest ways to express it than those type of immature and ridiculuous comments.

Anyway I'm so glad to have a BL animated, even if its censored its better than nothing. Girls deserve some eyecandy too. Im ready for the gay rainbows~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 9, 2014 11:27 AM

Nov 2007
Finally some proper BL after really long time *happy fujo sigh*
I have read the manga (well,more like i am still reading it because as we know it's ongoing...) and i am pretty happy how they adapted it into anime so far.
Jul 9, 2014 11:39 AM

Apr 2009
I forgot how adorable Izumi is xD
I think they did a great job with the first episode, I certainly look forward to watching the rest. I loved the manga c:
Jul 9, 2014 11:39 AM

Jul 2010
The Senas seem really interesting ^^
Izumi was so cute when he was younger! She He looked really pretty in the dress!
Ryoma having a crush on Izumi ever since the advertisement they did together!
Izumi gave in for the clock of his favourite seiyuu! Ryoma was passionate to the point of bringing flowers! They were both really cute! This was kinda funny too!
Jul 9, 2014 11:43 AM

Aug 2011
Really nice episode, the only thing I don-t like is Shougo's voice but I think is just that is waaay diferent from what I expected xD

Can't wait for next week owo
Jul 9, 2014 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
I had low hopes for this, but aside from the drama is was actually rather enjoyable.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 9, 2014 11:45 AM
Jul 2013
lucario2049 said:
Really nice episode, the only thing I don-t like is Shougo's voice but I think is just that is waaay diferent from what I expected xD

Yeah, I expected his voice to be way deeper than what it was lol.
Jul 9, 2014 11:50 AM

Aug 2009
I wish there was more yaoi/bl anime <3 <3

The manga is sooo cute!!!!!!! Wednesdays are the best!!!!
Jul 9, 2014 11:56 AM

Jul 2012
I thought I already watched Free today? lol did anyone else notice the seiyuus from Free? Nagisa's, Rei's, and Haru's seiyuus are all in here. Kind of ironic how Rei's seiyuu is voicing another "Rei."

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Jul 9, 2014 11:57 AM

Dec 2012
Soooo......

I'm not the only one who saw this, am I

They ended it nicely, that was 2 chapters covered in an episode. Nice pacing, that scene where Izumi kept waking up after receiving the alarm clock was added, hm.

I love how Izumi's mom's name is Nagisa while he's voiced by Nagisa from Free!
And Rei from Free! voices the manager who's name is also Rei.

:>

Mod Edit: please use spoiler tags on big pictures
VudisJul 10, 2014 10:11 PM
Jul 9, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2009
1. Those anime posters look really good… are those parodies?

2. My first real attempt at yaoi. I'm more into yuri but I gotta say… this series isn't so bad.

3. weird... more hate against yaoi but ok for yuri? :D

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jul 9, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2010
Didn't think that I would watch it.

The episode was cute and funny.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Jul 9, 2014 12:37 PM

Mar 2008
Pretty clean adaption. I enjoyed it a lot. :) I am looking foward to the rest of the episodes.
Jul 9, 2014 12:39 PM

Dec 2008
Lovely first episode, I really enjoyed it. Also I hope we will see much more crossdressing by Izumi. I like his design, especially his eyes. Also a kiss in the first episode? Wow. :o
Jul 9, 2014 12:45 PM

Nov 2013
Shougo's voice doesn't fit his character at all. Hope I can get used to it, but I doubt it.

It was a very cute first episode, enjoyed it a lot.
Jul 9, 2014 1:07 PM
Nov 2013
This is really adorable I wish Izumi can stay as a bride for the whole series he is cute.
Jul 9, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2008
Real nice art style and everything, as expected of J.C Staff.

Damn I feel sorry for Ryouma, he has no idea Izumi is a guy. Even had a photo of him on his phone from 10 years ago... That's heavy, hope there's some drama when he finds out the truth.

I never really watch series of this genre, but this seems good really.

Jul 9, 2014 1:17 PM

Jan 2012
Great first ep! Loved it :D

Still poor Izumi xD
Jul 9, 2014 1:40 PM

Apr 2010
They managed to keep the great art style from the manga, so total plus. Also Free voice actors! And Daigo voicing the character that was based off of him is great.

But mostly? The added Tsuda bear and Eiki bunny from the mangaka's is like the best thing. It added a lot of comedy to an already comedic show/manga.
Jul 9, 2014 1:57 PM

Nov 2007
It's... sooo... cuteeeee <3
Jul 9, 2014 2:08 PM

Feb 2013
Vudis said:
Thread cleaned.

Really, thanks for that. I've had enough of that kind of trolling for today.

Anyway, ahh I'm already in love. I've been waiting this for so long. Rei is still my favorite character, man he's so handsome. <3
Shougo's voice sounds fine to me, probably not exactly as I was expecting but I like it.
Lovely first episode, can't wait for the next.

Jul 9, 2014 2:11 PM

Mar 2013
This was so cute, so cute. I feel strange with Shougo's voice tho, but I'll get used I guess. I'm looking forward to the second episode, definitely.
Jul 9, 2014 2:23 PM

May 2009
Haven't tried any BL..
I'll give this one a run. But it's kinda both meh and interesting because of the trap.

But I hate the generic reactions. Even if the story may have strength (I don't know), I don't know how long I can stand the stereotypical characterisation of this.

Ah.. let's see.
Feel more into romance-dramas this season.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jul 9, 2014 2:28 PM

Mar 2014
Though I've read so much fanfiction, this is the first BL anime I've actually watched.
Oh ho. I was most certainly NOT disappointed *fujoshi cackle*
Jul 9, 2014 2:41 PM

Dec 2013
I can't wait to see the reaction of Ichijou's face when he finds out that Izumi is really a guy
Jul 9, 2014 2:45 PM

Aug 2010
Omg I can't believe I'm actually watching this animated! xD
I can't wait to see more heheh
Jul 9, 2014 2:54 PM

Dec 2011
Daigo's voice acting as Shougo seemed so...forced. Idk, like he was trying to sound cute or childish, but he didn't do a great job at it. He may be talented singer or whatever (though I don't know any of his songs at all), but voice acting may really be not for him. I'm not trying to talk badly about him, so if any of you are fans of his, I don't mean to insult his skill (just wanted to make it clear).

Yeah, but the episode was entertaining overall. I was reluctant to start these series at first. I've read the manga and enjoyed it, but I thought that the anime wouldn't be as funny and enjoyable as manga.
Well, we just need to wait until later episodes, man, I'm sure I'll be too embarrassed to watch when the things will start to get more serious. :D
Jul 9, 2014 2:59 PM

Jun 2008
Rei stop being so mean to Nagisa : (
Perfect first episode! It felt long and short at the same time, and was enjoyable all the way.
It's creepy that Ryouma kept a picture of a small "girl" on his phone for so long though..
Jul 9, 2014 3:01 PM

Jul 2012
lucario2049 said:

Shougo's seiyuu is actually one of the author's brother, and he mentioned in an interview that he starts getting better around episode 8, but I do agree that it sounds a bit off
Jul 9, 2014 3:05 PM

Aug 2009
Izumi is so cute!!!! Nice adaptation. Follows the manga perfectly. Really enjoyed this episode. I cracked up at the earthquake part. Seriously that ish was funny. So happy there is an anime for this. But why only 10 episodes why?

Well considering their source material it makes sense, we haven't gotten that far in the manga. Ugh I NEED MORE!

Jul 9, 2014 3:37 PM

Oct 2009
I was looking forward to this adaptation since I've caught up to the manga beforehand, but this is a bit disappointing!

The ep was gg well imo until I heard Shougo's and Ryouma's voices. It's the voice acting that leaves a lot to be desired. Izumi's was fine but at some parts it seem to lack smtg. Only Rei, among the main cast, is very good, maybe cos Hirakawa is a veteran seiyuu.

Voices aside, the art is just not as cute like in the manga. And the OP is a bit misleading...it's implying Izumi likes to crossdress as a bride :/

I don't think I'm gonna watch the rest of the show. It's much better reading the manga.

Sorry for those who like it and had to read my negative comment >< I tried hard to like it but I just can't. My heart just keep breaking the longer I watched it till the end. Maybe they've shld made a drama cd first before adapting into an anime.
Jul 9, 2014 3:37 PM

Aug 2013
Not nearly as bad as I was expecting. Watched this episode as a dare to myself and I found it enjoyable and at times I even laughed. Closed my eyes at the end when they kissed. But it's good that there's actually a kiss in the first episode.

In a way I feel a bit cheated. I expected to see guyxguy romance and then drop this series since that's not for me. But instead I get guyxgirly-looking-guy-dressed-up-as-a-girl. Don't fujoshi get turned on to see manly man kissing another manly man? I mean, if you make them look like girls what's really the point? The story could easily work if the main character was a girl instead.

Oh well. I'm still going to watch it cause the story is interesting and it's got some good comedy and so far not as "yaoi" as I thought it would be.
Jul 9, 2014 3:46 PM

Jul 2013
I never read the manga before, but the first episode was so PRESH! That kiss in the end?! I nearly died! We need more Yaoi/Shounen Ai every season!
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jul 9, 2014 3:57 PM

Jun 2012
I was so excited for this! I could hardly sleep last night! It was such a cute episode! Argh! I can't wait for the next episode, I wanna watch it nooooooooowwwwwww!!!
Why do they have to pull on my poor heart strings?!?! I want my next episode!

*trying to calm down* I need that marble that Ryouma had. I can't calm down.
Just waiting y’know...for death. If you also are waiting for sweet death...cool (・u・)
My list that has slightly more watched than PTW anime.
Jul 9, 2014 4:00 PM

Jul 2009
I really enjoyed this first episode. It was really fun. They did a good job so far, hope the next episodes are as good as this one! :D
Jul 9, 2014 4:32 PM
Jul 2013
Ehh.. watching this makes me feel weird. I don't like BL, but watching this makes me feel like I'd really like this show if I like BL..... or maybe subconsciously I do? @_@

The not-so-subtle sex position by the plushies though.... I find that hilarious.

I was anticipating a kiss, and was not disappointed when it happened..lol.

Don't know if this one could keep me interested, hope they'll make the next ep. just as interesting.
Jul 9, 2014 4:51 PM

Nov 2008
What timing, it just so happens I have this huge BL void that needs filling. This is really fun so far, too.

MC is great.
Jul 9, 2014 4:55 PM

Jan 2014
DivineHysteria said:
lucario2049 said:

Yeah, I expected his voice to be way deeper than what it was lol.

Couldn't agree more. I think the other VA's did a pretty good job; am especially happy with Izumi's. But Shougo's VA was a complete 180 from what I expected in a bad way... Hope I can get used to him over time.
Jul 9, 2014 5:18 PM

Mar 2011
DAIGO sounds awkward voicing Shougo, but I guess it's understandable since he is now in the seiyuu business and all. I appreciate how the studio tried to use Shougo's character inspiration as his VA.

The first episode was really good. I like the decent animation and the pace of the story. I was badly disappointed with DRAMAtical Murder's first episode, but this anime made me regain my hope for yaoi in the anime industry. Well, the first episode. I hope it stays this way until the end.
Jul 9, 2014 5:30 PM

Jun 2010
AHH IZUMI <3
But yeah, I don't if I can get used to Shougo's voice...
Definitely a solid adaption for the first episode!
Jul 9, 2014 5:40 PM

Apr 2011
I don't know why I find BL so funny (in a good way) but the title of the next thread makes me a bit worried . . .
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Jul 9, 2014 6:51 PM

Dec 2007
omg i loved this episode. IIzumi's so cute!! can't wait for next week...
Jul 9, 2014 7:13 PM

Oct 2012
loved the first episode.
everything is so cute~
cant wait for next week's episode!! xD
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jul 9, 2014 7:43 PM

Jul 2009
FINALLY SOME BL!!!!! Loved the manga so i'm really hoping the anime lives up to expectations.

Izumi looks better as a girl lol
Jul 9, 2014 7:52 PM

Jan 2013
holy fuck man, the art in this show is amazing.
Jul 9, 2014 8:49 PM

May 2012
Just saw this episode and I have to say, it was awesome!! After seeing SOOOO many generic romcom harems, shows like this feels incredibly refreshing. Based on just the first episode, I would say this show has the potential to shape up to be the best romance this year, and possibly the best anime of the season (yes, I'm serious).
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jul 9, 2014 8:52 PM

Sep 2012
I remember this manga being complete shit.

This episode was better than I was expecting. I'm not sure if it was just the direction differing from the manga, or if my memory is just faulty.

In any case, I'll keep watching.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2014

42 by sanjiT___T »»
Jan 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2014

137 by WELLERM »»
Jan 1, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dmrch - Jul 30, 2014

72 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dmrch - Jul 23, 2014

87 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 22, 2023 9:11 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VirtueHunter - Jul 16, 2014

104 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 22, 2023 9:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.