Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2014 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Full episode is out now.

Pretty much had the same thoughts as the half episode. Overall kinda meh so far but they established the mechanics well. Hope they can focus a bit on the main characters later on and their relationships. A lot of generic moments tbh but I wasn't expecting the MC to get attacked at the station. Aoi seems to be badass at least. Oh and that ED song is actually good.
Jul 3, 2014 11:27 AM

May 2009
PLOT is great
Jul 3, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2014
bastek66 said:
PLOT is great

This sure has a bouncy plot.
Anyways, finished the 1st episode using Watakushi's subs, for those who were wondering "SUBS FUCKIN' WHERE?!".

Damn, Sakurai is a badass along with Iwaizumi.
Those punches were charged with ovar 9000 powerlevel.

Not sure how I feel about the CGI trains though.
OP & especially ED was amazing. +1.

And, please don't make the male protagonist a weak one. >.<
OGM DAT ENDCARD 11/10

Next: "Let me stay like this for a little while"
NakatoshiJul 4, 2014 4:45 AM
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Jul 3, 2014 12:03 PM

Apr 2014
From an objective point of view, this show is terrible and cliche, but from a pure entertainment point of view...it was still pretty bad.

Just didn't do anything for me. The characters are pretty boring and generic, the only entertaining one being the macho guy. Some character s are utterly useless and there for fanservice (cowtits, for example). Art was okay, noticing a lot of QUALITY in the first episode, though that fight sequence looked pretty good.

I also find it hilarious how literally no sub group picked this up yet.
Jul 3, 2014 12:56 PM

May 2012
So, are they fighting against Ayn Rand minions or what

It's super average at best. And those CG trains, god.
Nice ED btw.
Jul 3, 2014 1:13 PM

Nov 2012
bastek66 said:
PLOT is great
She kinda looks like Super Sonico (except without the headphones).

So this is going to be kinda like Baccano except with subpar action,no intriguing storyline and tits...okay then.
Jul 3, 2014 3:38 PM

Aug 2009
The feel of the show reminds me of Hataraku Maou. Its good but not as great.

Art is great but they had to use the most typical Lucky sukebe ecchi fall/drop/however its called without throwing on a gag-sense u.u Another guilty pleasure for me.

I really enjoyed the fight scene. Hope they throw on someathat more.

interested to what goes on with the story, hope the plot doesnt go bland.
RIP ZAQ T_T She was so good but what is this shit song. They should have featured Lil Wayne on that rap part.
[right]

Jul 3, 2014 3:45 PM

Jun 2013
bastek66 said:
PLOT is great

This post has single-handedly convinced me not to watch even one episode of this show. What garbage.
Jul 3, 2014 3:50 PM

Apr 2012
bastek66 said:
PLOT is great

whelp there goes my high expectations about the show

Jul 3, 2014 4:04 PM

Aug 2009
bastek66 said:
PLOT is great

Wuts up with the requotes of this image for this show in particular. Lol
Pretty much every show so far had boobshots whether it was a boy or girl.

- Tokyo ghoul
- Fate
- Bakumatsu Rock
- free
- Sabagebu
- (about to go watch Glassip)

None got this much attention. Lol
porkypinkJul 3, 2014 4:13 PM
[right]

Jul 3, 2014 7:25 PM

May 2009
Action scenes are fine too
Jul 3, 2014 8:05 PM
Feb 2014
bastek66 said:
PLOT is great

Oh... damn... before the summer season began, I told myself I'd wait for how this series was received on the forums. But then, I couldn't stand it anymore and had resolved to watch the first episode... after waiting hrs for the subs to come out, I decided to check the forums...

This single post has made me reconsider my actions again... -_-... hahaha
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 3, 2014 8:49 PM

Dec 2011
Guys, the question that we should be asking is:

DOES IT HAS MULTI-TRACKING DRIFTING!?
Jul 3, 2014 9:03 PM
May 2014
Meh from seeing that post with the cow tits flying I don't think I'll watch this anymore. I had it on my PTW list but it if it's going to be a dull show full of fanservice for the loser otaku then no thanks.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 3, 2014 10:17 PM

Feb 2014
bastek66 said:
PLOT is great

At first glance I thought it was Super Sonico w/o headphones.

CR already picked this up for streaming as well as FF Fansubs.
Jul 4, 2014 12:05 AM

Apr 2013
Too big. It's scary.
Jul 4, 2014 12:33 AM

Mar 2013
I honestly can't see what to expect to from it right now, have to keep watching lol... interesting premise though :P
Jul 4, 2014 12:56 AM

Nov 2012
the first episode seems to want to rush through the training part, so the setting and characters introduction was poorly done.

Art and animation was nice, there's fanservice but I can tolerate it. Will keep watching this, the premise sounds promising though
Jul 4, 2014 1:04 AM

Oct 2013
Seems a bit like "working" to me, but I enjoyed it very much, amidst the boob service. LOL
Jul 4, 2014 1:04 AM

Oct 2013
interesting ED.

that troll where i didnt think they were gonna be let into OJT
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 4, 2014 1:21 AM

Aug 2013
ED's catchy :)

Boob service...eh well I've seen a lot of shows already. I've been desensitized.

I actually thought it's a good decision not to drag out the intro-trainee part and just get it over with in one episode.

The train stuff kind of overwhelmed me a bit. I wasn't really getting any of it lol. Are the models they talked about real or did they just make it up? Also, coal trains need 400 kg of coal for 1 km? If that's true then woah. Worthless info but cool to know.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 4, 2014 2:07 AM

Jul 2013
PLOT abundance aside, this is quite an interesting premise. Very unique indeed.. train otakus would definitely rejoice.

The fight animation was surprisingly fluid too. Tbh I didn't know what to expect at the beginning nor had any idea how they were gonna make a story out of this but this seems promising.

Also, THAT END CARD!!

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
Suzune-chanJul 8, 2014 11:10 AM
Jul 4, 2014 2:49 AM

Aug 2010
The action wasn't bad. Esp the falcon punch. The red hair's kick was nice too.

Dat end card *A*

Was really meh overall though. I'm not sure if I'll follow. 3 ep rule I guess <_<...esp since Friday doesn't really have anything for now.
Jul 4, 2014 2:55 AM
Feb 2013
I just watched the episode and I have completely accepted that there'll be fanservice in the anime. You can't judge a show just from the booby shots and such. Plus the animation and music for the op/ed were AWESOME!! Jun Fukuyama got another annoying character, but it's alright, I can deal with it. It's all about tolerance, people. You just gotta have a lot of it.
Jul 4, 2014 3:10 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm, I see a lot of negative opinions about this anime simply because of a single Fanservice scene. I dont think it will stoop so low as to add multiple fanservice scenes every episode. It`s not a bad anime, the MC is maybe weak, but he`s smart and shows it, the rest also have their traits and negatives. Characters - OK. Story, rather plain, but also interesting. Story- OK. Trust me I didn`t go into this thinking it`d be even good at best but now I seem to like it more.

But people please, One fanservice scene doesn`t mean the end of the world.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2014 3:25 AM

Oct 2013
lol I love you guys I scroll down only to see bouncing boobs :3 haha seems like its going to be a pretty good one !!!
[/quote]
Jul 4, 2014 3:39 AM

Jan 2014
I was expecting a problem-solving, analytic type of anime. Instead I get national security bringing justice. I like this.

Nothing really stood out yet, felt very generic. Sakurai's pretty badass.

Jul 4, 2014 3:58 AM

Apr 2013
pretty funny

i guess if you live in japan and drive these trains every day or have a general interest in trains the series would be pretty good
Jul 4, 2014 4:22 AM

Feb 2014
All aboard the hype train choo~ choo~~ (pun intended)

I am actually pretty hyped about this show. Aside form that PLOT, I am interested in the actual real plot and I think this episode was a fun with good little bit of action and it did its job of introducing the characters pretty well.
looking forward for the next episode .. definitely will keep watching !

Plus, that ED is a killer !!
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Jul 4, 2014 4:36 AM

Dec 2013
Seems pretty promising. Learn something too along the way. OP rock song and ED electronic. Interesting choices
Jul 4, 2014 4:42 AM

Sep 2013
I liked not because of fanservice but because of stuff ... yeah i cant really explain it i just liked and will keep watching !!!!
Jul 4, 2014 4:44 AM

May 2013
So is this the reunion of Rikka and Yuuta from Chuunibyou Ren? PLOT.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 4, 2014 4:46 AM

Nov 2010
This show really needs more running scenes.
Jul 4, 2014 4:50 AM

May 2010
another show using The Boobfall.this show is filled with cliche..its ridiculous
the cow tits are a huge turnoff..do they really think guys are into hanging udders?

this shows tits are not big enough to hold a plot. dropped before i waste more time on this.
Jul 4, 2014 4:55 AM

Dec 2011
Now that's quite the jump you did there young lady lol.

Shoot the molest to death huh, that's quite the course of action to take lol.

Yeah... deam boob physics!

They're team LEET!

Of course... the accident moment where you end up in a compromising situation...

So we've got two smart characters and two strong characters aha.

I'll give it a few more episode before deciding what to do with it.

7/10 at the moment.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 4, 2014 5:06 AM

Dec 2010
Not much of a motivating pilot, but let's see how will this develop in the next 3-4 episodes.

The ED is good though.
Jul 4, 2014 5:07 AM

Aug 2012
I want Hitomi to step on me.
Jul 4, 2014 5:09 AM
Jun 2013
bastek66 said:
Action scenes are fine too

Action scenes were awesome. I really like it unlike some certain other.
Will track it, will watch it.

Jul 4, 2014 5:33 AM

May 2010
What is wrong with people who are being turned away from this show just because of one fanservice-y gif?

Let me tell you, this show is very promising. The plot is unique and the characters are not dull, rather refreshing. The MC isn't a pimp. The girl you are fretting over, isn't what you think she is. She can talk normally, and isn't like all those 'heavily equipped' female characters in some of other ecchi show. Moving on to the redhead, she is a badass and isn't your cliche tsundere who makes a big deal out of everything. Even Shou is a bro. Tell me, since when we had an anime about trains' inspection? It reminds me of Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin tbh. Sure, these two don't have the same type of plot but they do have the similar feel to them.

That was an awesome episode. Been a while since I have felt this hyped for an action show. The ED had a distinct feel to it, too. I liked it.

9/10, fav. show so far.
Jul 4, 2014 5:36 AM
Jan 2014
Okay some Points of this are not bad but for the first Episode everything to rushed. Would have prefered a better introducion of the Characters currently if i think about it i nearly know nothing about them. Besides 2 of the like Trains, the red haired likes fighting and nothing more.

This besides im excited how this will continue and how they form a Story out of this. Currenty not sure in which Direction it will develop.

3(2.5)/5 from me for the first Episode
Jul 4, 2014 5:43 AM

Jul 2013
for a show about trains this is pretty damn fun :D
don't like that the mc is such a wimp, tho
also, the opening was memorable, ending was ok
Jul 4, 2014 5:55 AM

Dec 2010
This would've been better if it didn't try to take itself so seriously.

The relationships in this series are, again, blatantly obvious. The reason why titty-monster joined the JNR is also obviously the MC. Then there's the bitchy tsundere-typish character that just so happens to be a karate master, or something like that.
+ the macho sidekick

Cliche much?
Jul 4, 2014 6:13 AM

Aug 2013
That amount of PLOT on the first page.

Well, story seems interesting for me.
Action is good too.
I would probably pick this one up this season since we rarely got a show about bouncing boobies trains anyway.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2014 6:14 AM

May 2009
DarkDooM2 said:
This would've been better if it didn't try to take itself so seriously.

The relationships in this series are, again, blatantly obvious. The reason why titty-monster joined the JNR is also obviously the MC. Then there's the bitchy tsundere-typish character that just so happens to be a karate master, or something like that.
+ the macho sidekick

Cliche much?

SO FUCKING WHAT?
Execution is more important than clichés.
Jul 4, 2014 6:16 AM

Mar 2013
Pretty average for first episode. I think it felt bit rushed, but at least ED was good.
Jul 4, 2014 6:45 AM

Apr 2013
Putting aside some of the (badly executed) cliches aside, the ep's pretty descent. Really like their fight scenes and that ED.

Don't really like MC and haruka atm though due to their generic and bland personality introduced, hoping the later shows would prove me otherwise.

The fact that they used a romantic insert OST for the boob grab was, well... strange. Not a bad thing but still strange for me.
Jul 4, 2014 6:45 AM

Feb 2014
I'm enjoying this show so far. We rarely get an anime about trains and I kinda like bouncing boobies trains as well so I'll watch this show this season.
Jul 4, 2014 6:48 AM

Mar 2012
Hmm i dont know what to say about this episode, for me it feeld generic, Neither bad nor good. It is an interesting concept especially the info about the railways and train types, so people who are train fan boys will surely love this.

I will see how it will go on for a bit furhter before i make my final decision but if i hate to rate the first episode i'd say it is Average rating for me at least.

Oh and for the record. I cant believe so many people are being so turned off because of one Fan service scene. This is Anime of course it will have a fan service scene and compared to most other shows, it is quite bland. I tell u i still cant believe i find people still bickering over a fan service scene. GEEZ
Jul 4, 2014 6:54 AM

Jul 2014
Reasonably enjoyable so far. For me, the fanservice was too much. There's nothing inherently wrong with a bit of fanservice but it just felt out of place.

I'll give it a couple more episodes before I decide if I drop it or not.

That ED is great though!
Jul 4, 2014 6:56 AM

Feb 2014
that bouncing
Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

181 by KanthorFehga »»
Jan 30, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

75 by 424jersey106 »»
Aug 13, 2022 12:56 AM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

99 by Raizel »»
Jan 1, 2022 3:49 PM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

68 by ColdBisquiT »»
Dec 28, 2021 5:12 PM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

78 by Apakabar »»
Dec 4, 2021 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.