Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 2, 2014 1:49 PM

Sep 2008
First Megabu, now this?!
DEEN, please stop... -.-

Sorry. but... Why series like this get anime?!

One thing I liked in this episode was this song before ending credits and ending theme...
Jul 2, 2014 1:55 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yeah DEEN could really use their time on something else. Not to say that this first episode was terrible or anything, but it wasn't that great. It's one of those VA shows, which I admit, was the only reason why I wanted to watch this. But I still laughed out loud occasionally because of how ridiculous it was, especially when the shirts came off of the three dudes while they were playing their song. Reminded me a bit of Aquarion Evol.

Well, let's just see how this goes. Hopefully the second episode will have less boring parts in it.
Jul 2, 2014 2:00 PM

Apr 2013
It was....interenting? No, not exactly interesting but intriguing. IDK if I'll watch it to the end. No most propable but...time will tell. One is for sure it had a weak start and enough manservice, reason to drop, but anyway Wixoss had a weak start too but became really good later on so let's give a chance to the next 2-3 eps, then I'll decide.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Jul 2, 2014 2:14 PM

Oct 2012
Couldn't even watch the whole episode because of the stupidity... Waste of time.
Jul 2, 2014 3:09 PM

Jul 2013
ok this was a really fun start. there are somethings that seem a bit corny but still it was really enjoyable and i'll stick around cause this seems to be original and a unique moment on each week
Jul 2, 2014 3:31 PM
Mar 2013
oh my that was really fun <3 manservice for the win <3 I was never a huge fan of rock, but maybe I can deal with it to see those rippling abs. No use looking for plot in this one guys xD
Jul 2, 2014 3:40 PM
Jul 2011
5Wishes said:
oh my that was really fun <3 manservice for the win <3 I was never a huge fan of rock, but maybe I can deal with it to see those rippling abs. No use looking for plot in this one guys xD

And this is exactly why I don't think I'll last for more than three episodes at most. I'm a straight male so yeah ... fujoshibait is my worst nightmare. Damn shame though as a non-pandering show about rockers in Bakumatsu would have been cool.
Jul 2, 2014 3:55 PM

Jul 2010
What in the hell just happened there, lol.Good music, but episode itself...no comment.Not even adding this to my list, i'll just keep on checking out future episodes for some nice songs.
Jul 2, 2014 3:56 PM

Nov 2011
I wasn't expecting too much from the beginning, since, you know, it's Deen... and it's a rhythm game adaptation...
It was watchable though. I want to see more about the Heaven's Song thing and also what the hell was the Pierce Soul thing or whatever it was.
I'll just stay a bit more for the music, the main character is irritating as hell to me.

If it gets more boring, I'll just drop it and listen to the songs online later.

3/5
「喜びも悲しみもあなたさえ五等分なんです!」

Jul 2, 2014 4:02 PM
Mar 2013
LogiRogi said:
5Wishes said:

And this is exactly why I don't think I'll last for more than three episodes at most. I'm a straight male so yeah ... fujoshibait is my worst nightmare. Damn shame though as a non-pandering show about rockers in Bakumatsu would have been cool.

too bad then, you're missing out. Doesn't matter if your straight or not, I think anyone can appreciate a pair of sexy boobs or abs. It does get kinda annoying when I'm constantly in the face of gargantuan mega jugs in every series I watch, but you know, I deal with it.
Jul 2, 2014 4:26 PM

Apr 2013
Oh my God this was ridiculously glorious. I'm in.
Jul 2, 2014 4:51 PM

Feb 2013
Aaaah this is gonna be great

Jul 2, 2014 5:03 PM

Jul 2010
AH-AH! I knew it! The main VA is the singer of the Granrodeo.
Well what can we say? This show is not obviously supposed to be taken seriously, it will just be a funny ride to the end. The design also is quite good. Too bad this is not my kind of show.

Oh shit I just found out it's DEEN, RUN AWAY BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.
AkanezoraJul 2, 2014 5:07 PM
Jul 2, 2014 6:18 PM

Mar 2014
Was hoping they wouldnt use 3D animation, but hey, what you gonna do.
The man service was awesome, the music sounds great,
so far so good.... I havent been disappointed yet.
Looking forwards to the next episode.

BTW, character design is awesome as well.
BTW, also reminded me a bid of the Sonic Underground series.
zunderdog24Jul 2, 2014 8:56 PM
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 2, 2014 6:19 PM

Apr 2008
SO RIDICULOUS YET THE MUSIC IS SO GOOD. SO MUCH MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT THIS!!!! :'D
Jul 2, 2014 6:26 PM

Apr 2014
dropped with swiftness
Jul 2, 2014 6:37 PM

Apr 2014
LET'S REVOLUTIONIZE THIS COUNTRY... WITH ROCK!!

Sasuga Basara. The last half had me crying with laughter. So dumb. So great.

All according to keikaku.
Jul 2, 2014 6:51 PM

Dec 2008
I can smell the pheremones oozing through my monitor.

Hmm... Let's see... We have swords, shirtless hotties, rock music, and the distortion of history? Yeah, I'll bite, if for nothing else but the eye candy.

I think Ryo may have the best hair in anime ever!

Those ED visuals...delicious!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 2, 2014 7:22 PM

Mar 2012
I really like J-Rock and the concept but I found myself cringing for about 90% of the episode.
Jul 2, 2014 7:38 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, I did not expect that. I can see why this gets a lot of hate but it's not that bad. Just corny and weird as hell. I do appreciate the lovely manservice though.

Kamigami no Asobi started all "wtf" and stuff too, so I'm gonna keep watching this to see if this turns out good.

Cool ED theme. Tatsun, OnoK, and Morishow are nice to listen to in general.
Jul 2, 2014 7:44 PM

Jul 2012
Kerozinn said:
oh its one of "those" shows ;)

no ty then.

Lol exactly what I was thinking, once I saw the cover next to free! I knew what was about to happen and it was confirmed when 4 mins into the damn thing MF started cutting wood without his shirt on.

Also this junk is not funny to me what so ever
Jul 2, 2014 7:50 PM

Sep 2013
SO many people jelly of their swagger :O sad really
Give your bros their due and stop hating cause your'e ugly and won't get the btches like they do :(

Not as handsome or ripped as me, but they have it together XD 8/10 for my bros and the music.
Jul 2, 2014 7:55 PM

Feb 2010
OH MY GAWD
I had to cover my eyes when they started singing on that bridge.

If i can handle UtaPri with their cheesy jpop songs, I'm sure I can handle this anime as fine.

I'm all in this for the music.
Let's see how this goes.
It's not as bad as ppl make out to be (yet).
Jul 2, 2014 7:55 PM
May 2014
I get a mix of gintama and music
just your favorite dino sailor
Jul 2, 2014 8:21 PM
Jul 2013
Trying to figure how this is so 'bad' compared to the dumb shit people overhype ala HOTD, which is mediocre at best.

Anyways can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 2, 2014 8:25 PM

Apr 2013
DivineHysteria said:
Trying to figure how this is so 'bad' compared to the dumb shit people overhype ala HOTD, which is mediocre at best.

Anyways can't wait for the next episode.
because HOTD at least has an entertainment value.. which is BOOOOOBS zombies and mindless action.. this anime is just bad all around.
Jul 2, 2014 8:30 PM

Jun 2013
This was... interesting to say the least. Got tricked into thinking that glasses dude was a chick though :/ Was not impressed when he took off his shirt haha. The music wasn't bad, seems like a quirky anime that'll get a 5-6. We'll see how this turns out, not expecting much tbh
Jul 2, 2014 8:50 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty awkward concept, rock bands in Edo period.
I really enjoyed this first episode tho.
Poor Ryoma, trying to gain attention, lol.
I'm looking forward to see more development on the main characters.
Jul 2, 2014 8:50 PM

Aug 2013
R0LAN said:
If i can handle UtaPri with their cheesy jpop songs, I'm sure I can handle this anime as fine.

This is what motivates me to watch Bakumatsu Rock.

Gonna watch for the music and seiyuu only then o: (Plot? What plot?) The bishies are not appealing to me lel.
Jul 2, 2014 9:01 PM

Mar 2014
Great start to the anime. love the comedy, music, and the animation (while can't really stand next to Free) is very good on it's own. everyone looks pretty/handsome and some guys actually look like they have a man's figure, which is pretty rare in anime these days.
Jul 2, 2014 9:13 PM

Oct 2013
LOL, every season we have a boy band, regardless of setting and era....
Jul 2, 2014 9:54 PM

Oct 2013
Honestly... i liked it a lot XD
I think it might be my favorite comedy of the summer!

If anyone wants to talk about anime you can leave me a comment on my profile ^^
Jul 2, 2014 10:20 PM

Aug 2009
This isn't as bad as everyone says. I actually enjoyed it a little plus I liked the op.

However, if this goes all Meganebu (episodes 2 and 4 were freaking boring and tedious) I'll drop it.
Jul 2, 2014 11:10 PM
Oct 2011
boys, just admit it already that if the topless men were to be replaced by infinite titties, you wouldn't mind the show's ridiculous plot at all. :P

saying this sucks just because of the fanservice is being subjective. i dont get it why boys attack shows like these when girls only get 2-3 titles directed at them every season and the rest are very much at their disposal. insecure much?
Jul 2, 2014 11:47 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
mayukachan said:

Kamigami no Asobi started all "wtf" and stuff too, so I'm gonna keep watching this to see if this turns out good.

Cool ED theme. Tatsun, OnoK, and Morishow are nice to listen to in general.

Yeah, Kamigami no Asobi was the surprise of the season for me since I did not expect to like it as much as I did after watching that first episode scene. Hopefully it's the same case here.

I love Ono Kensho's voice, one of my main reason for watching this. Especially if we get to hear him sing, even better! Tatsun's voice is great too of course. They're listed as main characters so hopefully we'll hear more of them soon since they barely showed up in this one.
Jul 3, 2014 12:15 AM

Jun 2012
guitar samurais
Jul 3, 2014 12:23 AM

Apr 2014
Honestly, I'm seeing all this raging against fujoushi and??? How is this any more homoerotic than Sengoku Basara? Which is basically historical battles on crack? Is it because the men haven't covered their chests with chastity veils? An ankle, forsooth!

I can't figure if the divide is due to some dudes and ladies having never enjoyed comedic juxtaposition in their lives or what. Can't you tell musical strip battles are not asking to be taken seriously??

lazyboy0337 said:
guitar samurais
thank
currycurryJul 3, 2014 12:26 AM
Jul 3, 2014 12:40 AM

May 2012
00:19 lolwutt

01:00 "Thunder Dance"

03:40 pizza??? pizzamurai!

12:04 Rokku ja!

Nice insert song.
6.5/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 3, 2014 12:52 AM

Jan 2009
His pretty hair don't save the show
Jul 3, 2014 1:10 AM
Jan 2014
Well.

Art style looked nasty until the abs.

Unapologetic sudden manservice.

So, yeah.

I can dig it.
moving on.
Jul 3, 2014 1:10 AM

Jul 2013
What's up with Japanese animation industry and their insistence on making the stupidest historical anime lately? first we got Nobunaga the Fool, then Fuuun Ishin DaiShogun, and now this? just when I thought they couldn't come up with a stupider concept they came up with rock music.
Jul 3, 2014 1:46 AM
Jun 2014
After watching it, I think it doesn't going to be something big, also that fanservice for girls is unnecessary, but I'll keep watching it because that story is quite good. Guys who play rock against the Heaven's songs of the goverment, it reminds me of a situation like Manowar or Linkin Park versus Justin Bieber or One Direction, I believe it will be funny.
Jul 3, 2014 1:53 AM
Mar 2010
ivancho972 said:
After watching it, I think it doesn't going to be something big, also that fanservice for girls is unnecessary, but I'll keep watching it because that story is quite good. Guys who play rock against the Heaven's songs of the goverment, it reminds me of a situation like Manowar or Linkin Park versus Justin Bieber or One Direction, I believe it will be funny.

Um...this anime IS aimed at girls so naturally there will be fanservice for girls? We barely get fanservice anime for girls as is, so let them enjoy what they get? ^^
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 3, 2014 2:48 AM

May 2014
Hey, if you like the ridiculous bishounen design, more power to you, at least you can find some substance in this.

All I see are random boring skits. Am I asking too much of the show to show some enthusiasm, energy with decent humor and not feel like a soulless production that just fills a checklist.
Jul 3, 2014 2:59 AM

Jan 2014
I guess I had high expectations for this one, b/c
I really did not enjoy it, except for the music. -.-
I hope it gets better, but just in case: next time
I'll probably watch it lying down as recommended
for not to be in chance of falling down instead.:P
Jul 3, 2014 4:17 AM

Apr 2009
I know it's anime and there is no point looking for logic, but this time...

Just try for the songs (special ENDing) and Shinsaku Takasugi...And other manly bodies
Jul 3, 2014 5:13 AM

Jun 2013
It starts out okay, even though I know what kind of person this is aimed towards.

The biggest fear is obviously how the hell they are going fill 11 more episodes using a very limited plot; to be frank I really have no expectations on that front.
JivingLotusJul 3, 2014 6:52 AM
Jul 3, 2014 5:34 AM

May 2012
Looks average for me. But I will continue watching it because of that trap (Yoshinobu Tokugawa). Her His face look so cute.
Jul 3, 2014 6:52 AM

Oct 2009
I don't like loud-mouthed protagonists so I can't sympathize with Ryoma.
Truthfully I don't like Ryoma's speaking voice and his design, tho his singing voice is better, I suppose.

The episode became a burden to watch for me until the duo Shinsaku-san and Katsura-san appeared. & I found their personalities quite likeable and their reactions when their clothes were ripped out magically were gold lol. But even so I was pretty bored while watching the episode.

Overall, the episode was pretty meh. I can't see giving a score higher than a 6. And I guess I'm gg to keep on watching to see if it improves, that is if I remember to watch it. Otherwise, if I'm not watching more than 3 eps, I'll just be deleting the entry and pretend I've never watched this anime.
Jul 3, 2014 7:52 AM

Dec 2012
Was about to drop this before the OP starts but I still give it a try. There are some funny scenes. I might try watching 2 more episodes before I decide if I will drop it.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2014

29 by HikariShoumeiron »»
Jan 14, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2014

49 by fukumenkei »»
Jul 5, 2020 11:47 AM

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2014

19 by fukumenkei »»
Jul 5, 2020 11:25 AM

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2014

19 by fukumenkei »»
Jul 5, 2020 11:22 AM

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2014

26 by fukumenkei »»
Jul 5, 2020 11:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.