Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 12, 2015 2:12 PM
Oct 2015
Probably best spot to end a season since manga cant quite support a second season. I hope a second series is created. The manga ends at abrupt point. I enjoyed it. Im glad a friend linked it, it is very true to the manga. The the horse ..lel... was not necessary and kinda ironic since he was almost an antihero. 13 is age of consent nationally and in big City Tokyo & Nagana(?). But parental consent is needed to marry if below 18 and principalties have enacted local laws for Child Protection Act that raise to 18 and are enforced variably. She calls him a kid so he is likely the age in chpt 40...12-13 instead of the age 'assumed" and stated by Nike's father (same as his MIL was when enthroned)
GarimiOct 12, 2015 2:16 PM
Oct 13, 2015 7:53 PM
Nov 2011
After one year, I still wonder why the grandma's song (Ame Okuri no Uta) not included in the OST CD. Only the shorter instrumental version is available. Really I just can't understand their train of thought.
Oct 14, 2015 1:31 AM

Apr 2008
erispedia said:
After one year, I still wonder why the grandma's song (Ame Okuri no Uta) not included in the OST CD. Only the shorter instrumental version is available. Really I just can't understand their train of thought.

God I know that feeling. Happens with so many game and anime OST's
Oct 26, 2015 4:35 AM

Oct 2012
Well that Grandma sure sang like a 17 years old xD

Bard.. He just understand what everyone's need, yeah xD
"Signature removed"
Apr 1, 2016 4:26 AM

Jul 2014
Since the first episode I've been wishing sooooo hard that there would be a time skip or something.... I really wanna see a grown up Livi with Nike. I had my reservations watching this anime at first for the sole reason that the MC was a kid and it didn't look visually satisfying for me.

I did still watch it however and I unexpectedly found myself enjoying the show, including Livi and Nike's romance. Still... I would've loved to see him grown up even for just a few seconds, that would have made a perfect ending. But since there was no such thing, I'm hoping for a 2nd season!!

Also, I loved the songs, especially the grandma's.. it was so heart warming~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Sep 6, 2016 6:06 AM

Feb 2013
I almost cried when her grandma was singing, that was too sad.
Bard and the elders had a lot of fun,lol.
Nov 18, 2016 4:18 AM

May 2008
Great show, great finale! Even when it was a bit too cheesy at the end lol. 10/10
Dec 9, 2016 3:01 AM

Jun 2013
Granny doesn't want to accept Nike's toddler husband. Most of the guys in Nike's kingdom are more attractive than Livius.

I love how stubborn the granny is. She's like my granny when my dad told her she can't eat salted peanuts because they're bad for her blood pressure. She wouldn't listen to her own son who's a medical/health professional. She even tried to make us sneak in some peanuts for her.

Livius is so fucking annoying sometimes, he's better off being a bottom in a yaoi, choking on big black ochinchin.
臭い-
Jan 21, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2014
Ray_Light said:
Well that Grandma sure sang like a 17 years old xD

Bard.. He just understand what everyone's need, yeah xD
Sorry to dig out a old post, but I agree with what you said about Grandma's singing xD
Feb 20, 2017 7:37 AM

Jun 2011
I love shoujo romance so, so, so much! I am weak for series like Soredemo. This episode was so emotional with the goodbye and that romantic scene at the end after all they've been through. I want Livi to grow taller sooner so that we can see what we've been waiting to see for so long!

That said, the series has major flaws that I really hated. First off, the seiyuu for both Nike and Livi have been mediocre at best, and they've been terrible for the majority of the series, especially Nike's. I really hate it when an idol gets a job without any real experience just to 'advertise' whatever she was producing. This really killed any rewatchability the series had.

Second of all, the pace of this series was terrible. The reason why I don't love Nike x Livi more than I already do is because I couldn't feel the love between the two. Soredemo didn't take its time to slowly develop their feelings for each other, they didn't take the time to do that, but instead rushed into their relationship and focus more on the turbulence of their relationship. It's rather 'unrelatable'.

I am also not a huge fan of the comedy. Take that one scene for example, where Livi was having a heart to heart conversation with Kitora, and they made the scene where they had agreement on Nike's character a comedic scene, I cringed instead of laughing at it.

A lot of drama involving Livi and Steila was also really cringeworthy because of the lack of build up and the poor pacing.

Soredemo could have been a 9 and even potentially a 10 if it was as good as I thought it was.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 5, 2017 11:55 PM

Jul 2015
This was a pretty good ending. Going in to this series, it was not what I expected at all. Prior to reading up on the synopsis/genres and what not, I thought this anime was an adventure/action type anime, turns out it wasn't, but I didn't really mind it at all, the story was great, and definitely did not need any action and what not to keep us interested. Very solid through and through. Not too sure if I'll pick up the manga but we'll see.

Overall, I give this a 8/10. Wow, I might miss this series more than I think I will lol.

caught in the wonder
Jun 6, 2017 11:21 AM

Apr 2008
Gem said:
This was a pretty good ending. Going in to this series, it was not what I expected at all. Prior to reading up on the synopsis/genres and what not, I thought this anime was an adventure/action type anime, turns out it wasn't, but I didn't really mind it at all, the story was great, and definitely did not need any action and what not to keep us interested. Very solid through and through. Not too sure if I'll pick up the manga but we'll see.

Overall, I give this a 8/10. Wow, I might miss this series more than I think I will lol.

You should most definitely pick up the manga. Recent chapter was so beautiful
Nov 10, 2017 1:55 AM

Oct 2013
They're so cute together, what a heartwarming series.. So glad to see Kitora and Livi getting along together. The moment when the grandma sang on top of the hill was beautiful that scene delivers so much emotions in a song, i mean they could just come back and visit them anytime in their freetime it's not like one of them die and couldn't see each other ever again.

Newlyweds couple felt so depressed because they can't see each other for a couple days i think it's normal and i hope their feelings won't change. Livi arrived on a white horse and the last kiss scene was realy sweet, i love romance anime series where the heroince is older than the MC.

It'd be nice if there's a 2nd season with a grown up Livi.. i want to see so bad

Overall score 9/10
Nov 25, 2017 6:38 AM

Nov 2013
very very very beautifull ending...
damn, i will miss this series, maybe i hope any season 2 or ova xD

or can someone reccomended me romance anime like this?
Dec 6, 2017 8:28 AM
Aug 2013
Reqia said:
very very very beautifull ending...
damn, i will miss this series, maybe i hope any season 2 or ova xD

or can someone reccomended me romance anime like this?

Tsuki ga Kirei?? hahahaha
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Dec 31, 2017 7:39 PM
Dec 2010
Wow first time posting on here, but I thought this anime was worth a post, apologies if I end up rambling. I loooved this anime! It’s my second all time favourite anime. The music was amazing, the characters I thought were awesome, and I’m a sucker for romance and this anime delivers! And the height difference didn’t bug me at all it just made me love Livi even more( how can you not love him ❤️❤️❤️)It’s been 3 years since I watched this anime so I figured I’d rewatch it. I’ve never loved an anime so much the second time around as this one I was shocked at how much it moved me, like I was watching it again for the first time.

I may be the only one but I give this anime a 10/10 I loved everything about it.

Has anyone heard of any season 2 news? I really Would love a season 2 the manga has so much more chapters we could easily get many more episodes from it.
Jan 15, 2018 3:45 AM

Jan 2017
10/10
loved all the characters and grammas singing was fukkin bootiful so is the ending this is why i love shoujo genres
Feb 28, 2018 1:24 PM

Oct 2015
I thought overall the story had a good plot but I can't ship Nike and Livi, I think they look like brother and sister. Although their story would've been great together if they didn't make Livi a kid( he looked embarrassing on that white horse in the end). But I don't think its a bad series, its just that I didn't feel their relationship making it hard to relate to their love. Also what's up with those old men in the castle? What's their story anyway?

I liked Nike's grandma though and I loved her good bye gift, also I find it funny when Livi meet with her. The character I couldn't stand was Bard.

so it's a 6/10 from me.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 6, 2018 4:20 PM

Sep 2016
A underrated Shoujo anime thats for sure, I love the artstyle, OP and loved the ED, voice acting was on point. Tender Rain >>>>>>

I hope for a season 2 someday.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 19, 2018 2:57 AM

Sep 2017
Kinda a okay romantic series I guess. Noticed they changed the OP.

Anyway, not too bad, but this was kind of a cliche series. There wasn't much of a plot, but the love and romance were strong in this one. 7/10.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 18, 2018 6:59 PM

Dec 2011
It feels like so long since I've experienced a romance/shoujo like this, where I don't mind the shortcomings bc the cheesiness and warm fuzzies were so pure. Granny's song was beautiful, and that was the best rendition of Tender Rain in the whole series <3
Aug 29, 2018 12:26 AM
Aug 2017
Yes the Granny's song was beautiful. I like the way he has that unstable side to him and how Nike is his rock. Even though it is cheesy, well it leads you to think which romance isn't cheesy. The jokes are quite funny too. It was a nice watch. It's a 7/10 from me.
Dec 4, 2018 2:03 PM

Nov 2016
Really loved that anime.It was really good romance without any bad parts.I loved that "angel voiced" rain songs. At start I though it will be boring but it wasn't. It was so funny,romantic anime. Maybe it was "shoujo" but I liked it even when I'm man :) Anyway they should add "slice of life" genre because it was mostly about regular life of 2 inlove people.
I always cry out of laughter from that 3 seniors :D
Also one of anime that confirmed something for me: the most funny animes are animes without genre "comedy" because when anime has comedy genre its mostly like parody or "graphic rape" (don't know how to say deformated faces like in konosuba) and definitely not funny but absurd and boring...
Dec 16, 2018 1:27 AM

Dec 2018
What a beautiful and sweet ending this anime is one of the best but not the greatest rom-com anime but I still loved it...

8/10
Apr 12, 2019 11:47 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Wow, when was the last time they saw each other? 5 years ago? Sure felt like that.

Anyways, even though the age bothered me, it didn't really influence my rating much. Even if he was the same age as her and still acted that way, I would have been annoyed regardless.

The comedy was actually pretty nice; I laughed quite a bit which I don't do much with recent anime.
Nov 6, 2019 10:01 AM
Jun 2019
Grandma's goodbye song brought years to my eyes. Was so beautiful ❤️. Her sad beautiful rain song out of loneliness was also very beautiful. I hope for a season 2 in 2020. A grown livi, maybe some conflict with other territories and maybe getting to see that terrible power her mom spoke of would be a great season.
Nov 12, 2019 11:55 AM

Aug 2017
Didn't like it. I'm often disappointed with shoujo. I prefer harems.
Dec 15, 2019 11:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not a fan of the shoujo settings but this one was fine, it was pleasant to watch but nothing further than that.
6/10, would be cool to have a second season
Feb 16, 2020 3:17 PM

Aug 2013
Beautiful show,would have been great if it was longer
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Apr 30, 2020 7:20 AM

Aug 2012
This is a really nicely written show and I liked the story overall. I just wish Livi wasn't a kid, it made the whole later romance progression so awkward. I get he is meant to just be short for his age but still... I genuinely think the series would have been better if Livi was exactly the same except he was taller lol

Anyway I give this show a 7 or an 8, not decided yet. It is very cheesy but for a shoujo romance with light fantasy it was good.
May 5, 2020 6:24 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Damn, baba-san really made me run the waterworks, even though oh my god so predictable. Loved seeing the different voices of rain (i.e. sister's song). Such cool in-laws, bitchboy love hurt cousin aside. Somehow, it feels oddly paced--this love-- but also perfect at the same time.

Curious if anyone knows if the manga ever lets the prince "glow up" or does the tall girl/short boy trope stay true til the end?
May 23, 2020 9:14 AM
May 2019
I have been holding out on this anime for a long time and I am thankful. 4 years ago I would not have understood the feeling in this anime but now I do and it is great. I am not a fan of music anime and this is not one but the parts that are in this one are amazing. Episode 12 was a great ending and one that I will remember for a long time especially how it is so warming and teaches you the reality of love and how it's hard to not see a loved one and to leave your home to start somewhere else. others will try to get you to stay but in the end, it is time to leave. great anime a little confusing at first but it's great!
May 24, 2020 6:14 PM

Jun 2017
The scene were the grandmother was singing was so beautiful, so powerful...

This anime over all was really really good. I wanted Nike to be stronger in many of the episodes, and there were a few nitpicks here and there, but overall it was emotional and somehow managed to have a good story, believable romance, pretty good mix of comedy and drama, and the rain song was simply beautiful. Certainly a 9/10 in my book :)
Aug 29, 2020 9:09 AM

Jun 2020
the farewell rain! :'( that scene was so touching & i guess it's symbolic of every parent/grandparent's feelings when their children are all grown up and leaving them/going far away. that was sad!

sweet & funny shoujo romcom, light-hearted & easy to watch, just wish it had more episodes or an OVA or 2 :(

will miss nike, she was such an awesome female MC!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 4, 2021 2:03 PM

Sep 2012
BlaizeV said:
This is a really nicely written show and I liked the story overall. I just wish Livi wasn't a kid, it made the whole later romance progression so awkward. I get he is meant to just be short for his age but still... I genuinely think the series would have been better if Livi was exactly the same except he was taller lol

Anyway I give this show a 7 or an 8, not decided yet. It is very cheesy but for a shoujo romance with light fantasy it was good.

Levi 15 and Nike 17 both teens
May 29, 2021 5:53 PM

May 2015
So cute. Re-watching this I was just constantly thinking how cute these two are.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 16, 2021 11:13 PM
Feb 2021
Ending was tendering as a tender rain with that beautiful kiss. Gonna miss their childish romance
Nov 13, 2021 11:21 AM

Aug 2018
"Be proud of what you do.. Of things, which make you, who you are.." Very interesting.. Can be applied to our lives as well sometimes, can't it?..
Anime was a roller coaster of everything.. Drama, comedy, beauty, yabai.. At the same time a quite touching and interesting romance.. But also quite fierce and aversive.. This anime certainly was quite enjoyable like more than 90% of the time.. But also some yabai things Livius did at times.. But also Nike's singing.. Anime is somewhere..
Nov 28, 2021 12:55 PM

Nov 2017
It may have taken me a long time to get to the final episode, but here I am lol. I liked granny's song. Tender Rain can't be the only song Nike knows how to sing right? I really enjoyed their relationship and how Nike slowly, but surely opened up to Livi. I'm a bit surprised I don't see 'em more often on like "Best anime couple" lists or anything like that

This was a heartwarming and shoujo anime, fer sure!
Mar 16, 2022 5:41 PM
Mar 2022
Well anime is a lot of fun, romantic comedy anime is definitely my weak point. I know this must be the third time I've said this, but I can't get used to seeing them in romantic scenes or making sex jokes because all the time I'm like, "Man, isn't he 12??". I'm sure I would have loved the fact that there were so many kisses during the anime if it weren't for that factor, after all, I love couples that develop early and aren't dragged along like many.
So I think my rating for this anime would be, 8/10, despite everything.
Nov 18, 2022 7:54 AM
Nov 2022
Been waiting for season 2😭💔
Nov 18, 2022 7:55 AM
Nov 2022
Please release SEASON 2, been waiting for s2 😭💔
Jan 28, 2023 9:45 PM
Jan 2023
I really love this anime but it make me sad to know that it is the end. Though, I still hoping that there'll be a season 2 of this awesome and inspirational anime... Love it 🥰
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

131 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 20, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

183 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 17, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2014

72 by Dawizz »»
Feb 1, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

121 by Dawizz »»
Jan 31, 2023 12:13 AM

» My thoughts on the Ending Song

iLya - Dec 10, 2016

2 by Dawizz »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.