Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2014 5:22 PM

Jul 2013
So Hitoe was holding it in where she is trying to remember everyone, guess she succeeded through :D.

I'm pretty satisfied with the ending finale, and I can't wait to see how season 2 will look like. Also the animation in here was an improvement then the previous episodes tbh.

Pretty much I'm mind blown at the end where Iona becomes Ruko's LRIG and Ulith taking over Iona's body. Damn what happen to Tama :(. I need some answers. 8/10

Jun 19, 2014 6:00 PM

Dec 2012
Was this the first time the opening had all those sound effects (glass cracking, water splashing, etc)? First time I noticed it...
Jun 19, 2014 6:00 PM

Apr 2008
When Ruu starts wishing she can free everyone, it's about to become like Madoka. Then they break it all and have a "please try again"

But because Iona is likely not going to agree with Ruu's current wish, it would be difficult for Ruu to fulfil her wish. Will she now be the last boss in the next season, waiting for Tama's next Selector to beat her.
Congratulation Iona, your wish to be an Lrig partnered with battle-crazed Selector is fulfilled.

Currently Tama is probably coming home to Mayu and she will get locked away.
Would be interesting development if Tama is Mayu's daughter or sister who runaway from her.

Now with Hitoe not against becoming Lrig even after Yuzuki told her, this would mean Yuzuki has another chance of getting out of the card.

konatachan80 said:
Is Wixoss an epidemic?
Takara Tomy's WIXOSS product managers is praying for that. It's linked to their carreer :D

Second season: Piluruk-tan, please get your glasses back. Need meganekko Lrig
nseikaJun 19, 2014 6:10 PM
Jun 19, 2014 6:08 PM
May 2014
Tulicloure said:
Was this the first time the opening had all those sound effects (glass cracking, water splashing, etc)? First time I noticed it...

Yep, I noticed it too..
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jun 19, 2014 6:09 PM

Jul 2012
Oh right, there's a second season for this. That's why the ending didn't feel conclusive lol

Okay, so this show really good when it focused on Yuzuki but I didn't think it was as strong when it's focused on Ruko. (who was basically as bland as Madoka) Final score is high 6, almost a 7. Will definitely watch the second season. edit - Actually still deciding on score atm... Not sure not sure
Jun 19, 2014 6:13 PM

Mar 2014
The final episode seemed to end with the MadoMagi style. BUT...HAHAHA, Ruuko's wish that she wanted to become the beautiful sacrifice got broken. And Iona's wish that she wanted to become the Lrig of Ruuko was granted. It was wonderful plot twist.

Anyway, I was entirely enjoying these 12 episodes. Selector infected WIXOSS is my best in this season.
Jun 19, 2014 6:17 PM

Aug 2013
Tulicloure said:

I think its the first time. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Cliffhanger baiting me into watching season 2 now .-. TBH I can't wait for it lol.
Really love this anime although the first half of the series is pretty dull, the dark theme and plot twists really made up for it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2014 6:26 PM
May 2014
The soundtrack basically carried this series. Mari Okada really confused me with this one. Especially Hitoe. That cliffhanger season 2 bait though..
Jun 19, 2014 6:31 PM

Jan 2013
7/10, decent.
Not as violent as it could have been.
Jun 19, 2014 6:40 PM

Nov 2013
This writing makes my head hurt...
Don't know if my curiosity can take me to season 2 or not.
Jun 19, 2014 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
I thought this ended off on a Good cliffhanger lots of questions to be answer still,i really hope Spread (lol not sure what that has to do with anything yet) just gets insane.
Jun 19, 2014 7:07 PM

Dec 2013
my heart starts to beats faster.. i can feel chills in my spine... is this the symptoms of watching a great anime?? well then if its is then this anime is 10/10 for meee!!!
Jun 19, 2014 7:10 PM

Aug 2012
A surprising cliffhanger ending which I both enjoyed but was frustrated by. Can't wait to see Chiyori again, and it looks like Ulith may get Tama. I think it's kind of silly that everyone seems to be getting second chances (Hitoe, Akira, Ulith), though Ulith becoming a selector after escaping may have something to do with Iona's wish. I guess we'll have to wait and see!
Jun 19, 2014 7:13 PM

Apr 2012
As expected a big cliffhanger end. I don't like it split cour >_<
Jun 19, 2014 7:20 PM

Mar 2014
Tulicloure said:

Yeah. This episode hooked me right from the get go because of it, since most of those sound effects were associated with the LRIGs. Coupled with the names Selector INFECTED Wixoss and Selector SPREAD Wixoss, I can only hope this is indicating that the world of Wixoss is breaking into the human world, and we'll finally get to see that crazy Tama-monster that we've been teased with since episode 1 next season. 10/10 for this episode, terrible first half coupled with the fact I still have no idea how this game works brings my overall rating of season 1 to a 7/10.
Jun 19, 2014 7:24 PM

Dec 2010
Well that was an intense episode, and left me with all sorts of questions, that I unfortunately have to wait until Fall to get the answer to. It seems like Miyu has a connection with Tama, and doesn't want Ruko to change the world of Wixoss.

Despite how cruel she is, I really quite like Urith, and now that she is in Iona's body, I expect her to make more appearances in the series, even if her awesome design was probably lost forever. I wonder what Iona's goal of becoming Ruko's LRIG is? Also why was everyone crying and freaking out when Ruko was trying to make her wish? On top of that, what was the other condition Iona needed? For Ruko to make a wish so Tama would be removed from the picture?

This episode really made me appreciate Hitoe as a character, she's probably stronger than most of the other main cast, even though she was my least favorite for quite a while.

Also, I'm really glad that one of the girls in the tournament had Midoriko as her LRIG. She was one of my favorites, and I hope she gets a return to form in the next series.

Overall, I give this series a 9/10. There were a couple of weak episodes, and it was kind of slow in the beginning, but its building into a nice deconstruction, and a pretty awesome psychological series. Maybe I will use this time in between series, to learn to play the card game?

Anyway, LET THE INFECTION SPREAD!
Jun 19, 2014 7:52 PM
May 2014
Kamaros182 said:
...I still have no idea how this game works brings my overall rating of season 1 to a 7/10.

If by this you mean TCG, then if you bothered to do a search you'd find the rules, videos showing the gameplay etc.
However, the cardgame rules aren't relevant to this story, hence they didn't feel the need to WASTE time
explaining them.
konatachan80Jun 19, 2014 8:01 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jun 19, 2014 8:28 PM

Aug 2012
konatachan80 said:
Kamaros182 said:
...I still have no idea how this game works brings my overall rating of season 1 to a 7/10.

If by this you mean TCG, then if you bothered to do a search you'd find the rules, videos showing the gameplay etc.
However, the cardgame rules aren't relevant to this story, hence they didn't feel the need to WASTE time
explaining them.

lol I thought we established this after like episode two
Jun 19, 2014 9:08 PM

Sep 2013
The opening song was a bit creepy :(

So Hitoe has her memories back but will help/sacrifice herself anyway.

Iona knows Ruko, more on that in the 2nd season.

That pink suit girl showed up for half an episode and that was it XD lmfao why even have her on the poster of the series if she doesn't even show up?

Too much white in the Tama and the creator scene, I couldn't see sh!t.

Ruuko doesn't have to win anymore matches, she just has to have Tama agree on her wish.
bastek66 said:
Holy shit, grandma was Tama.

:O +1
Jun 19, 2014 9:24 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty good overall 8/10. I like Iona as Ru's LRIG, I wonder how their relationship will develop.

Poor little ol' Tama. No more battoru with Ruka.
Jun 19, 2014 9:32 PM

Mar 2014
That pink suit girl showed up for half an episode and that was it XD lmfao why even have her on the poster of the series if she doesn't even show up?

Second Season protag, maybe? Serious, think a bit:

I mean, Iona won't let Ruko do her wish (at least not THAT one), hands down. She will probably also try to mind f*ck the poor thing into a even greater Blood Knight battoru obsessed nihilist than she already is...

Hitoe sucks in Wixoss...Okada probably hates her =/

Akira in the preview looks like is back to the show, but no chance in hell she is going to do such a altruistic desire, that lovabe psycho XD

Iona-Ulith, she will probably make lots of shit now that she's free...she will be even better bitch than Aki-lucky.

Also, what's the color of her deck, again? Yellow? It was even said in the anime?
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jun 19, 2014 9:35 PM

Dec 2013
that opening gives me memories of that no game no life ep a few weeks back..

i don't like how hitoe just got her memory back.. i thought when you lost they said it was ABSOLUTE, that you couldn't get what you wished for back... and she got it back from... putting herself through pain trying to remember?? i don't buy it.
still liked the show generally though, i anticipate second season!
Jun 19, 2014 9:37 PM
Apr 2014
Well this anime deserve an 8 for me, really the mindfuck and all the plot twist really got me there. Can't wait to know what happened to Tama and what Iona's motive on becoming ruko's lrig. This series is more twisted than ever.
Jun 19, 2014 9:38 PM

Oct 2010
Well I had to wait 12 episodes, but Ruuko finally got wrecked. Those delicious tears and that insatiable despair. Mmm.
Jun 19, 2014 9:39 PM

Jun 2013
Aside from all the things that were silly, rehashed, or plain annoying, the show got fun to watch during the end. It just sucks that I was laughing at various things even in this final episode. And that ending was... weird.

While far from a solid show, I remain intrigued and will definitely be watching again this fall. I'm still waiting for the manifestation of the "demonic Tama" we saw in Episode 1.

MY HOPES FOR A TRAIN WRECK AREN'T DEAD! C'MON, RUKO, F*** SOME S*** UP!
Jun 19, 2014 10:11 PM

Nov 2012
Wutttt
well this was an interesting ending... i assume ionas wish was something along the lines of "battling with ruuko forever" huh? And what happened to tama?
7/10 for me. the first few episodes were pretty lame, but it turned out to be quite enjoyable in the end. and i guess i'll watch the second season/cour too, since i really want to know how it's ending..
Jun 19, 2014 10:25 PM

Jul 2013
so iona's wish was to become the lrig of someone who was a better selector than herself and for that to happen, ruuko had to win.

i wonder where tama is now. what are the chances that she'll be akira's lrig?

glad to see midoriko back.

decent ending. will check out season 2
Jun 19, 2014 10:26 PM

Apr 2008
cyclone1993 said:
On top of that, what was the other condition Iona needed? For Ruko to make a wish so Tama would be removed from the picture?
Probably for a stronger Selector.
With Iona as the undefeated queen, she need someone who can proof herself stronger in battle. Just having Mayu pick someone she say is "stronger" wouldn't be enough for Iona.

Yuri fan imagination flying and I want to see Urith keep sadisticly tease Akira in the second season
nseikaJun 19, 2014 10:30 PM
Jun 19, 2014 10:45 PM

Mar 2014
Great way to end season 1 with Ruko getting a new LRIG. Makes the anticipation for the next episode so great. I hope spread starts off faster because infected was off to a slow start but ended great!
I like anime and you like anime. We have more in common than you think.....
Jun 19, 2014 11:48 PM

Aug 2008
Tulicloure said:

Yes it was. It's something very rarely done, but I know there are a number of shows that have done it.

Anyways, seems the last requirement for Iona's wish was for her to lose? Which is kinda funny if you think about it. Creepy LRIG go... At least they did answer one question, LRIGs don't disappear for good when their selector loses.
Jun 20, 2014 12:47 AM

Jul 2009
Why does no one wish for the opposite and lose on purpose?
Jun 20, 2014 1:22 AM

Jan 2009
DGemu said:
This writing makes my head hurt...
Don't know if my curiosity can take me to season 2 or not.

Yeah, that's sort of how I feel. The ending of this season felt very contrived and rushed. Generally, good writing follows structure, even for plot-twists and cliffhangers - dragging on questions for several months doesn't make me want to keep watching, it makes me want to quit. :<
remaking my signature!
lol I never actually ended up remaking it, oop. ; ;
Jun 20, 2014 1:29 AM

Jun 2008
What did i miss? I watched the episode but i didnot see Iona's turning into the LRIG from Ruko??
Shit happens.
Jun 20, 2014 1:46 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Pretty cool ending, definitely left you waiting for more

luckily S2's coming in just a few months
Jun 20, 2014 2:11 AM

Jun 2012
And season 1 ends here.

So far, it feels like it didn't manage to accomplish what it wanted to.

For starters, the setting was interesting, but the plot ended up way too forced.
Additionally, most of the characters that appeared seemed pretty one dimensioned, and the MC especially was way too weak, even towards the end.

As a result, every episode felt less interesting than the previous one.
This was pretty disappointing, considering that this is labeled as a psychological series.

Tama's VA did a pretty good job, but goddamn was the character annoying.

The animation was mediocre, the soundtrack was mediocre.
In general, the total package was the essence of average.

However, the final moments of the final part of the final episode were pretty surprising, probably because the characters did something that wasn't typical of them for once.

After that plot twist, they have the opportunity to make the second season way better.

5/10 for this season.
Jun 20, 2014 2:13 AM

Jan 2011
I don't think this is particularly good, but it was good enough to make me want to see what would happen next. Damn, Iona as Ruko's LRIG, wonder how Aki-lucky will respond to that since it looks like she'll be a selector again next season.
Jun 20, 2014 2:18 AM

May 2014
For an original story it didn't suck balls and was doing things right by focusing on the characters, but since this is Mari Okada making up the script each week she had to rely on basic character melodrama with some plot development thrown in to tie things together.

But once she got to a certain point when Yuzuki's arc was complete she didn't seem to know what to do with these characters and concepts, on top of having to deal with an ending that links toward season 2.

I hope the scriptwriter picks up the soap with these characters, this series has a good thing going on in them.

EDIT: But it can also be just wishful thinking.
T3hSourceJun 20, 2014 3:04 AM
Jun 20, 2014 2:58 AM

May 2013
What a wish. Was she really that desperate to become Ruuko's LRIG?
Hitoe has her memories back. Midoriko is alive.
Cliffhangers like this are okay. Pretty decent.
I get the feeling that Ruuko's grandmother is somewhat 'connected' to Tama. Just a thought though.

This season is good so I gave it a fair score of 7. I hope that the 2nd season might be better.
Jun 20, 2014 2:58 AM

May 2013
Well, what the freaking heck? 11/10 banged!

Nah, guys, J.C Staff is just like this, the bgm in the opening was chilling. I really wonder what Tama did wished for and damn Mayu for deceiving her. So Iona is now Ruko's WIXOSS? Well, well, well, 9/10, I'm being honest here!

Selector Spread WIXOSS to air in Fall HYPED.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 20, 2014 3:06 AM

Sep 2012
damn it Tama you had ONE job :/

and now Ru ends up together with the creepy lady... cant even imagine how Ru is gonna work together with her during S2 since she became the new LRIG... ==

So, S2 will be about "I shall find Tama, and attempt to fulfill my wish again"? somehow feel this series could drag even longer, but hey I am happy with the pacing and plots etc. Decent OP and ED too~

well done JC! let's hope they do the same or even better for S2 :D

time to get my hands on this card game irl
Jun 20, 2014 3:13 AM

Jul 2012
I found this incredibly exciting and frustrating at the same time. The entertainment factor was very high though, that's for sure.

So many twists and turns, some predictable, some really unexpected. Regardless, I need answers. It's going to be painful waiting for S2.
Jun 20, 2014 3:14 AM

Aug 2013
winter_mint said:
damn it Tama you had ONE job :/

and now Ru ends up together with the creepy lady... cant even imagine how Ru is gonna work together with her during S2 since she became the new LRIG... ==

So, S2 will be about "I shall find Tama, and attempt to fulfill my wish again"? somehow feel this series could drag even longer, but hey I am happy with the pacing and plots etc. Decent OP and ED too~

well done JC! let's hope they do the same or even better for S2 :D

time to get my hands on this card game irl

ikr the anime is certainly doing its job of advertising wixoss >O< since episode one i wanted to buy the wixoss cards and learn how to play :L ^-^
Jun 20, 2014 3:43 AM

Feb 2012
Is it autumn already? Please? Pretty please?

I saw that one coming. I kinda knew Iona will win, but I totally never expected her to become Ruuko's LRIG. But now it makes sense perfectly. Can't wait to see how Ru will deal with this. I'm hyped.
Jun 20, 2014 4:52 AM

May 2013
I was already sold at the 'cute girls playing card games idea' but this is far better than I expected.
Probably anime of the year for me.

I'm now more excited for season 2 than I am the FSN remake, which was my previously most anticipated show.
Jun 20, 2014 4:59 AM

Aug 2013
Haha I completely forgot about how much Aki-lucky hates Iona. I wonder what'll happen when Aki-lucky meets Iona-Ulith/Urisu.

Ru wants to free all LRIGs out of the card but I doubt Iona-LRIG would approve of that since she wants to battle forever. It's just going to be Tama 2.0 where the LRIG doesn't approve of her wish. In other words, Ru is f*cked unless she changes her wish or miraculously gets Tama back.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 20, 2014 5:27 AM

Jan 2013
Ruu won it and me thinking a Madoka type of end which I was excited to witness but then... that... rug pulled under and afterwards I can't help but feel she got SCREWED! And now she posses the battle freak in the card with her to battle forever!

Tama why! And don't say Ruuko screwed Ruuko...
Jun 20, 2014 5:52 AM
Jan 2013
Aw, looks like somebody from the higher ups of Wixoss had interfered. And whoa, Iona despite of losing manage to get her wish, man watta double standard.

If my guess is right Tama will be Akira's LRIG on the next season.
Baddie007Jun 20, 2014 6:06 AM
Jun 20, 2014 5:55 AM

Mar 2013
Iona was looking for someone to battle with, and now she found her, that's all.

Ustnap : That's what I thought, but I think she rather needs Ru to win and her card to be LRIG-free, that's what happened when she was nearly becoming a LRIG I guess
Jun 20, 2014 6:21 AM

Mar 2012
Deconstruction of Card Game genre anime.
Battoru cocaine addicted Bitches FTW!
Ruu x Iona OTP

9/10 for this series

[Tanoshi Intensifies]
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jun 20, 2014 6:41 AM

Sep 2013
EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC Finale
can't wait for season 2.
Midoriko Showed up :(
Iona is creeby as Lrig.
Poor Ru.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

150 by yhagni »»
Aug 11, 2022 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.