Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 11, 2014 5:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION. DO NOT DISCUSS THE LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good episode overall with the gameplay setup. Oh Shiro, you just never cease to surprise me. On another note, I find Clammy to be an interesting character this episode. Shame there won't be enough time for development given the length of the show.

Poor Steph as usual..she never ever gets a break.
rodacJun 11, 2014 6:08 PM
Jun 11, 2014 7:34 AM

Jun 2009
Wish they would've taken more time with the Othello game, rather than that fan service. But at least the game against the warbeasts has finally started.
Jun 11, 2014 7:46 AM

Aug 2013
As usual, this is a transition episode with some obligatory silly fanservices (not that i hate it though)

The final game (of this season) has started, and Kuuhaku already doomed lol

inb4 people yelling and yammering how SAO-ish the next game
Jun 11, 2014 7:59 AM

Jun 2009
I'm pretty sure there's one more game after this one, albeit a short one.
Jun 11, 2014 8:11 AM
Jul 2012
Really? I was expecting some mmorpg setup or something of the sort, but really?
Jun 11, 2014 8:12 AM

Aug 2013
blennus said:
I'm pretty sure there's one more game after this one, albeit a short one.

Well,
Jun 11, 2014 8:35 AM

Nov 2013
Beast666 said:
inb4 people yelling and yammering how SAO-ish the next game

I still haven't seen the episode, but I've read the novels.... how will you compare a gun fighting game and a swords and magic (in second part of SAO) game???

Anyway I really wanna see if they will animated the all game, including the shot Sora made against Shiro almost at the end... That's a must, considering it's part of the strategy plus pure fan-service...
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jun 11, 2014 8:55 AM

Aug 2013
Poor Sora, hes allergic to being outside.
My Candies:
Jun 11, 2014 8:55 AM

Aug 2013
DarkMoonWolf said:
I still haven't seen the episode, but I've read the novels.... how will you compare a gun fighting game and a swords and magic (in second part of SAO) game???

Anyway I really wanna see if they will animated the all game, including the shot Sora made against Shiro almost at the end... That's a must, considering it's part of the strategy plus pure fan-service...

Hmm... the VR aspect in this game is already enough to incite the future comparisons. Well i already know what happened in that game so i don't really care actually.

And i don't think there will be any significant cut like what they did with the previous episode since
loli_a_ravioliJun 11, 2014 9:02 AM
Jun 11, 2014 9:00 AM
Sep 2012
Good episode, they manage to pull off even transitional episodes well ultimately.
Keen on next weeks ep :D
Jun 11, 2014 9:03 AM

Nov 2013
Beast666 said:
Hmm... the VR aspect in this game is already enough to incite the future comparisons. Well i already know what happened in that game so i don't really care actually.

And i don't think there will be any significant cut like they did with the previous episode since

Don't get me wrong, but if people say this is based on or even compare it to SAO just because of full body dive virtual reality system, Then.... I wonder if it would not be more correct to talk about the Matrix or something else that came before that....
For decades it's been a fantasy of every science fiction fan to be able to join a full body dive game system. SAO didn't invent this concept, it's been around for many years before....

Anyway...

You say they already started chapter 4? then they'll most probably

At least one can hope that | | (^_^) / /
TyrelJun 11, 2014 11:19 AM
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jun 11, 2014 9:08 AM

Jan 2014
I want a season 2! :D
Jun 11, 2014 9:12 AM

Jun 2013
That bath scene was very funny.
I didn't expect the game to be set in Tokyo though
Sora and Shiro must really hate the outside world.
Jun 11, 2014 9:16 AM

May 2012
You take a bath together and your friends forever.

Pretty good episode. Like how Sora is trying to get everyone to be friends. Lot of fun in the bath. Also love the fact that Kurumi and Sora are teasing each other with their memories. Seems like the game has begun. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

5/5
Jun 11, 2014 9:17 AM
Jun 2014
Twas a fun episode. Really liked the interactions between Kurami and Sora. I look forward to the next epsiode!
Jun 11, 2014 9:22 AM

Aug 2007
Another great ep! Introductions were funny. Well I'm glad all the trust is worked out. Pretty funny how it all falls apart just from being back in Tokyo. xD Well surely they won't let it end like that. I can't wait to see how it unfolds next ep!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 11, 2014 9:26 AM

Aug 2010
Fun ep. Great build up :D

Lol'd at how Sora introduced Kurami with her 3 sizes XD

Fil and Jibril's hatred towards each other was so lol XD Poor Jibril had to lick her feet

But well...Jibril is totally M for her master's so she didn't mind it seems XDXD

Then when Steph complained they said it's her own fault lol XD

Sora getting flustered by Kurami copying his 'getting wings to fly speech' was lol XD
It's rare to see him blush like that XD

Miko's voice is awesome :3 Poor Izuna-tan :( She seems sad.

Nice speech by Sora at the end until...He sees "Tokyo" XD The NEET inside of Kuuhaku is too strong XD
Jun 11, 2014 9:30 AM

Nov 2012
Wow they got sent yo Tokyo?! Then that must mean the Werebeast have information of the real world. That was totally unexpected. Lol @ boob implants magic. I know women who would kill for that.
Jun 11, 2014 9:34 AM

Jan 2014
lol, funny episode.. seems blank is in some real trouble lol.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jun 11, 2014 9:39 AM

Mar 2014
Looks like the way they're going to play this game will be a lot more complex.
Jun 11, 2014 9:44 AM

May 2013
Didn't expect them to be taken to Tokyo. This is going to be interesting.
Jun 11, 2014 9:44 AM
Oct 2012
DarkMoonWolf said:
I wonder if it would not be more correct to talk about the Matrix or something else that came before that

Oldest example I can think of off the top of my head would be "I have no Mouth and I must Scream" by Harlan Ellison, dates to 1967. Of course in that story it wasn't a game, but it involved being taken in whole into a computer. Won't ruin the story, but it is a classic. So anything thinking that SAO or Hack invented the concept are just ignorant.

Good episode for a transition, have no idea what is going to happen, the preview made it seem like a combat game, which of course "warbeasts" would be good at, but there were a couple of things that looks like clues that suggest that, as in all the games played, the game is merely the framework for the real fight.

1) The Warbeast Shrine Princess showed up there as they were going under, so she is the cheat.
2) Izutan doesn't like how the warbeasts cheat, so Sora's words to her will have meaning
3) Sora's emphasis on "cheats" is going to somehow be a distraction, as is having Fi in place. What it will do is to narrow the possible choices the warbeasts will have, which of course will make it more likely for Sora to guess what they are doing.

Looking forward to the next two episodes, should be an interesting fight.
4) Ultimately this is going to be Shiro's game to win
Jun 11, 2014 9:51 AM
Feb 2014
Nice episode, it actually covered way more than I expected ;-)

I only noticed 2 scenes that were missing and neither of those would be essential for what will be coming now (although I would have liked to see Fiel's reason why she wanted to bath, well even without that we saw enough scenes that show her being intelligent and a bit two-faced ;-))

kyasai said:
Looks like the way they're going to play this game will be a lot more complex.

Ah yes this game is a bit complex but it unites 2 of the most liked genres of videogames in it and actually I wouldn't mind it to play it for real ^^
Jun 11, 2014 9:53 AM

Jun 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
DarkMoonWolf said:
I wonder if it would not be more correct to talk about the Matrix or something else that came before that

Oldest example I can think of off the top of my head would be "I have no Mouth and I must Scream" by Harlan Ellison, dates to 1967. Of course in that story it wasn't a game, but it involved being taken in whole into a computer. Won't ruin the story, but it is a classic. So anything thinking that SAO or Hack invented the concept are just ignorant.

Good episode for a transition, have no idea what is going to happen, the preview made it seem like a combat game, which of course "warbeasts" would be good at, but there were a couple of things that looks like clues that suggest that, as in all the games played, the game is merely the framework for the real fight.

1) The Warbeast Shrine Princess showed up there as they were going under, so she is the cheat.
2) Izutan doesn't like how the warbeasts cheat, so Sora's words to her will have meaning
3) Sora's emphasis on "cheats" is going to somehow be a distraction, as is having Fi in place. What it will do is to narrow the possible choices the warbeasts will have, which of course will make it more likely for Sora to guess what they are doing.

Looking forward to the next two episodes, should be an interesting fight.

pretty good with the guessing there, but you've missed ONE point, that will be detrimental to the game.

EDIT:
Caleb8980 said:
Ah yes this game is a bit complex but it unites 2 of the most liked genres of videogames in it and actually I wouldn't mind it to play it for real ^^

Except thise crushing arms though...

Jan 2011
Another golden episode. Seriously, all this show needs is at least one more male character.
Still score increased to 10/10 after this.

Sep 2012
Once again, a great episode! Looks like the game will be a real challenge to Blank, didn't expect it to happen in Tokyo haha. 5/5
Jun 11, 2014 9:54 AM
Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

Wanted to say that since you wrote that you wanted to see Shiro to win/plan a game last episode but refrained from it in the end.

What you wanted may come earlier as you expected ;-)

EDIT:
GreenDrag said:

EDIT:
Caleb8980 said:

Collateral damage doesn't dampen my will to play XD
Jun 11, 2014 9:58 AM

Jun 2008
AlexGK said:
Another golden episode. Seriously, all this show needs is at least one more male character.

Well, we have Tet, the "Big Bad", then Ino, the Big BAMF Wolf and finally Sora, the "Big Bad Wolf"...

On the other side, we have Shiro, Steph, Kurami, Fiel, Jibril, Izuna and Miko. Not that major a difference in count, to be honest.

EDIT:
Caleb8980 said:
EDIT:
GreenDrag said:

EDIT:

Collateral damage doesn't dampen my will to play XD

It does dampen mine... I would try it as well though...
But I'm not sure calling a broken spine collateral damage is sensible...
GreenDragJun 11, 2014 10:01 AM
Jun 11, 2014 9:59 AM

Nov 2013
5 out of 5 just because.

Ehhh this episode was just a set up for the next one, so it wasn't that exciting :|
Oh well, next episode sounds awesome. Also lol at the end.
Jun 11, 2014 10:02 AM

Apr 2014
The ending was pretty hilarious. Can't believe this ends soon..
Jun 11, 2014 10:02 AM

Dec 2013
Those fanservices in this episode just made my mouth drool.

That ending is seriously unexpected,and that's what i like about this show that kept me watching.I wonder how are they going to end with 2 episodes left. (season 2 maybe?)
Jun 11, 2014 10:03 AM

Jan 2011
GreenDrag said:
AlexGK said:

Well, we have Tet, the "Big Bad", then Ino, the Big BAMF Wolf and finally Sora, the "Big Bad Wolf"...

On the other side, we have Shiro, Steph, Kurami, Fiel, Jibril, Izuna and Miko. Not that major a difference in count, to be honest.

I meant one more main male, these two barely have screentime :( So it feels way too haremy for my taste.
Jun 11, 2014 10:03 AM
Feb 2014
Also that scene when Jibril had to lick Fiel's feet, was that a reference to Sharin no Kuni?

That piano piece and the sunflower picture just reminded me of that VN :D
Jun 11, 2014 10:05 AM
Oct 2012
GreenDrag said:
pretty good with the guessing there, but you've missed ONE point, that will be detrimental to the game.

I had a feeling about that, but didn't want to say it because it would be a spoiler, but since you asked :-)

Jun 11, 2014 10:08 AM
Oct 2012
Caleb8980 said:
Also that scene when Jibril had to lick Fiel's feet, was that a reference to Sharin no Kuni?

That piano piece and the sunflower picture just reminded me of that VN :D

Perhaps, but that is a old meme, I remember it going back to Kare Kanojo, so I think it is something that Japanese TV actually did in the past. The music is always some fairly well known piano piece (forgetting who this one was, think it was Chopin), and they always have some natural scene.
Jun 11, 2014 10:09 AM
Jan 2013
OMG THIS EPISODE PLS NGNL AT LEAST MAKE ME LAUGH LIKE CMON. 2/5
I'll write a reaction to this later but for now i'll just say this... this show doesn't respect its viewers AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
kitkatxzJun 11, 2014 10:13 AM
Jun 11, 2014 10:10 AM
Feb 2014
GreenDrag said:

It does dampen mine... I would try it as well though...
But I'm not sure calling a broken spine collateral damage is sensible...

Well for gamers anything goes :D

Nah seriously that would be a major point for turning away but why are people free climbing then ;-)

It would rather add to the thrill then scare everyone away I think.

EDIT:
kitkatxz said:
OMG THIS EPISODE PLS NGNL AT LEAST MAKE ME LAUGH LIKE CMON. 2/5
I'll write a reaction to this later but for now i'll just say this... this show doesn't respect it's viewers AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

As you said you will elaborate on your opinion later I won't say very much but I am kindly asking what exactly was sooo bad for you here?
Caleb8980Jun 11, 2014 10:14 AM
Jun 11, 2014 10:11 AM

Apr 2012
lmao a good ep was expecting more from the bath scne but thats not y i watch this show so dosent matter, love how they made that "we cant lose" into "we cant win" o god now i need 2 wait 7 more days
Jun 11, 2014 10:12 AM
Oct 2012
kitkatxz said:
this show doesn't respect it's viewers AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Or perhaps it respects them, or some of them obviously, too much?
Jun 11, 2014 10:12 AM
Feb 2013
NGNL just have to get another season!
Jun 11, 2014 10:15 AM

Dec 2010
This was a great transitional episode, and built up both Kurami and Fi quite a bit, which was something that was lacking in the earlier episodes. I wonder how they will survive being out in the real world? Maybe it will all come down to Steph, so she can prove herself?

I was kind of surprised that they cut the foot licking scene, you'd figure something like that would have been shown for sure, considering the ecchi nature of the show.
Jun 11, 2014 10:17 AM

Jan 2012
I love Jibril's bloody past lol

Poor Sora and Shiro ^^"
Jun 11, 2014 10:17 AM
Jan 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
kitkatxz said:
this show doesn't respect it's viewers AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Lol No.... that's just you lying to yourself... This is one of the WORST EPISODES in this show HELL it might even be worse episode 2. All they did was introduce themselves again with the past of harem cow #4 and the elf mom. It treats its viewers like the can't remember ANYTHING from the other episodes mocking our intelligence. Or the latter the studio madhouse decided they wanted to have 2 episodes of pure flat out action and decided that they just needed to stall out for time and make this episode basically into a recap...
Jun 11, 2014 10:18 AM

Jun 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
I had a feeling about that, but didn't want to say it because it would be a spoiler, but since you asked :-)

Ok... Feeling like a spoilerish prick right now :p (no, I'm not telling the answers outright)

Caleb8980 said:
Well for gamers anything goes :D

Nah seriously that would be a major point for turning away but why are people free climbing then ;-)

It would rather add to the thrill then scare everyone away I think.

Can't deny that... hell, it would lure in the adrenaline-junkies like no tomorrow...

EDIT:
kitkatxz said:
Lol No.... that's just you lying to yourself... This is one of the WORST EPISODES in this show HELL it might even be worse episode 2. All they did was introduce themselves again with the past of harem cow #4 and the elf mom. It treats its viewers like the can't remember ANYTHING from the other episodes mocking our intelligence. Or the latter the studio madhouse decided they wanted to have 2 episodes of pure flat out action and decided that they just needed to stall out for time and make this episode basically into a recap...

1 - If you think this is a harem, you are very, very wrong.
2 - The relationship between Kurami and Feel hasn't been introduced before. And neither was Elven Garde's way of treating conquered races.

They barely did any recapping in the episode, maybe like 2 minutes (And I think I'm being generous there) And while I do have to agree, that those 2 minutes could have been used better, but you make them out to be the devil for petty thievery.
GreenDragJun 11, 2014 10:25 AM
Jun 11, 2014 10:20 AM

Nov 2013
kitkatxz said:
Takuan_Soho said:

But we never saw the back story of Kurami and Fil. This was the first time.
Jun 11, 2014 10:24 AM

Apr 2010
So they game will be surviving in the big city the question is will Sora and Shiro overcome their fears and solve the game.
Or will it be up to Steph and Jibril.

Best part of this episode is that we got so much Kurami it was very interesting to watch.
I am definitely looking forward of seeing more of her the next couple of episodes.
Jun 11, 2014 10:25 AM
Jan 2013
Botato said:
kitkatxz said:

Not talking about their past, I'm talking about the jokes in the episodes. Like elf's reason to hate jil... even though we can probably tell from jil talking about the great war between the races in episode 7, Why Sora wants to take a bath with them, harem cow #4 asking can you really win this... just endless shit we all know what the answer is going to be if we just use our heads in the sightless and we already know the answer for. Honestly they just keep repeating the same cliche jokes. Thinking it will still be funny... when it's obviously not...
kitkatxzJun 11, 2014 10:30 AM
Jun 11, 2014 10:25 AM

Jul 2012
Amazing episode.
Two more to go.
Season 2 or Riot!!
Jun 11, 2014 10:26 AM
Feb 2014
Botato said:

Not only that, we saw the reason why Sora let the riots happen, or did you guess that beforehand?

We saw another part of the past war which is important to understand the underlying grudges the races still have till now between each other.

Also Kurami and Fiel are not part of Sora's "harem"...Fiel only cares for Kurami and Kurami just started to respect and accept Sora nothing more.

And exactly where was it mocking the viewers intelligence? Pls give some examples.

EDIT: Ah yes but you understand that ONE Flugel alone destroyed an entire city and killed thousands of people in a matter of some minutes?
That is a bit more than was said in ep 8, wasn't it?

Jun 11, 2014 10:26 AM

Jun 2013
"To bond our friendship, we must take a bath together!"
Seems legit. And I'm not complaining.

Zell was showing her tsundare side and Fi shows her motherly side.
AND WE FIND BLANK'S WEAKNESS IS REAL WORLD SOCIAL ACTIVITY GG

I'm loving this anime so far. Definitely one of the best anime this season and clearly deserves another.
Akio-kunJun 11, 2014 10:31 AM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.