Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 24, 2014 6:27 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was nuts, 2 assassins on 2 fronts. I cant wait till next week.
My Candies:
May 24, 2014 7:15 AM

Jan 2014
Something that stood out for me in this episode is the music. God, I love the music! I'm soo getting the soundtrack when it comes out!
May 24, 2014 10:49 AM

Nov 2012
My two favorite characters in action. Nice.
May 24, 2014 11:24 AM

Mar 2014
I wished more episodes would be like this one. I liked how they saved the best assassins for last. Banba just became my favorite.
Zanos1May 24, 2014 11:28 AM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 24, 2014 12:13 PM
Mar 2009
Thorden said:
finaly, 2 assassins at a time. I have been waiting for this.

Yeah.... "Two assassins, one protector, and one target."

The protector totally followed for the obvious ruse, and the conclusion of that fight will be interesting.

Also, harsh life they live... people aren't just getting injured but totally killed.
May 24, 2014 1:11 PM

Jan 2014
That was pretty intense! I got confused when Bamba's card was shown and it was Inukai that attacked first, thought it was a trick D: i hope to see either Tokaku go nuts on Inukai and kill her or get to Bamba and possibly have a 2vs1 fight.
Also a nice ED :3
May 24, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2012
StefanMZ said:
So Isuke's mama is actually a guy lol...I guess he plays the role of both mother and father...

Isuke was found by Inukai Esuke and adopted so she can succeed him it seems.

Time and time again Tokaku seems so weak compared to the others, since she can't kill them.

Oh great, like Isuke wasn't enough trouble, now Shinya is also onto Haru...

No if you read the "intermission card," "mama" is the dude she was talking to and rescued her. Papa is his gay lover who is not an assassin. But a completely normal person. I guess because the guy who saved her is the feminine one of the two, she assigns a female gender role to him. While her papa is the masculine one in the relationship. Which is kind of weird considering he's not even an assassin. So considering that I'd figure she'd assign the female role to the more "innocent" of the two parents.

But given how many episodes we have left, I hope there's going to be a twist. I'm also hoping that HaruxTokaku develops a bit more. They've placed SO MUCH emphasize on that relationship that it's been a real bummer not to see any development.

This ep was pretty damn good overall. But Tokaku HAS to kill one of them. I seriously don't think she's going to survive unless she" pops her cherry."
xPreatorianxMay 24, 2014 2:39 PM
May 24, 2014 3:39 PM

Dec 2013
I have a feeling Haru is going to kill Bamba herself.
May 24, 2014 4:02 PM

Jan 2014
After the drama of last week, I was expecting a level of "after-the-fallout" vibes from this week's episode after that kiss...there was none, but it makes a lot of sense considering people have every right to need a breather.

We got a interesting tidbit about Tokaku and
, plus Isuke finally made her move and we got some backstory about her.

Not as much to talk about, but hopefully things will pick up again next week.
May 24, 2014 4:33 PM

May 2013
Oh, man.
May 24, 2014 5:22 PM

Nov 2008
I thought it's forbiden to attack target when someone already sent killing notice. I mean isn't it against the rules to send two killing notice? Also this week's riddle has nothing to do with this episode. >Which gatekeeper is the liar? I don't even know what was that supposed to be or what was the answer anyways. This show is pretty confusing with much plot holes. So much for 12 ep anime I guess.
May 24, 2014 5:40 PM
Jul 2008
Why is everyone saying Tokaku never killed? That's completely Isuke's assumption, it's never been explicitly confirmed. All we know is that Tokaku freezes up when she is about to kill due to that shrine memory, she could've directly killed people accidentally. Plus remember in the first? episode Tokaku was going to simply blow up the whole building, that would've for sure killed at least one person although indirectly.
May 24, 2014 8:38 PM

Mar 2009
Qpax said:
>Which gatekeeper is the liar?

it's the question at the ending of ep. 7. "there are 2 gatekeepers, one by the gates of heaven and other one by the gates of hell. one of them only tells the truth other one only tells lies. if you only have 1 chance, what should you ask so as to choose the gate to heaven?" the answer is easy, you should ask one of them "if I ask the other gatekeeper which door leads to heaven, which one would he show me?"
if it's the liar he will point to the hell, if it's the honest one he will point to the hell too. you then chose the opposite gate. but you cant know which gatekeeper was the liar. i think it's refering to the first killing notice, was it really bamba's or isuke's? in the end both sent one so both are the gatekeepers of "hell" but you dont know which notice is whose.
btw it's not forbiden to attack target when someone already sent killing notice, they can alliance together to attack.
May 24, 2014 9:06 PM

Aug 2008
Two assassins at once? Azuma and Haru in deep trouble. This is the first time I want to watch next episode as soon as possible in Akuma no Riddle. I wonder if any of the past assassins will return. Hoping it's Sagae Haruki if past assassins return.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 24, 2014 9:13 PM

Jul 2013
Banba and Isuke were pretty crazy in here, now both of them are targeting Haru and Azuma. Oh damn Haru is in trouble at the end there...

May 25, 2014 12:09 AM

Jan 2011
Banba teams up with Isuke. I'm guessing since Banba doesn't have a wish it's an agreement that her wish is the same as Isuke's.

BlazingOptimist said:

We got a interesting tidbit about Tokaku and

We already knew that.
May 25, 2014 6:44 AM

Nov 2008
reira93 said:
Qpax said:
>Which gatekeeper is the liar?

it's the question at the ending of ep. 7. "there are 2 gatekeepers, one by the gates of heaven and other one by the gates of hell. one of them only tells the truth other one only tells lies. if you only have 1 chance, what should you ask so as to choose the gate to heaven?" the answer is easy, you should ask one of them "if I ask the other gatekeeper which door leads to heaven, which one would he show me?"
if it's the liar he will point to the hell, if it's the honest one he will point to the hell too. you then chose the opposite gate. but you cant know which gatekeeper was the liar. i think it's refering to the first killing notice, was it really bamba's or isuke's? in the end both sent one so both are the gatekeepers of "hell" but you dont know which notice is whose.
btw it's not forbiden to attack target when someone already sent killing notice, they can alliance together to attack.

Until you pointed out I didn't know they could have gang together to attack one target. But who will get the prize then if they can able to their kill target between two assasins? I mean one should get prize according to rules so I don't think there is point to form alliance. If this was the case then weak ones should have made a party so in this way it would be more easy to kill Haru in the first place. I think in this episode and if I am not wrong Isuke going to get the prize if they are able to kill Haru. Because as far as I remember Banba 1′s wish appears to be something that even the organization cannot grant her but B2 assures her she will get her wish soon. So that means she has no wish and thus helping Isuke in her attempt to kill Haru I guess.
Also thanks expressing your ideas on gatekeeper issue. It sounded complicated to me at first and I didn't get it in the first place but after you explained it now it's a bit more clear to me. After all both gaterkeepers (Isuke and Banba) tries to show Haru the gates of the hell by killing her so there is no option to trust her own gatekeeper, Totaku if she wants to graduate, in other words to reach heaven without getting pulled in Hell by the gatekeeprs; assasins.
May 25, 2014 8:51 AM

Apr 2007
Qpax said:
But who will get the prize then if they can able to their kill target between two assasins?
It was already stated in this episode that Bamba doesn't want anything. Obviously the only reason she teamed up with Isuke. And like you said, they also hinted Bamba's wish is something the organization can't give her.
MonochromeMay 25, 2014 8:55 AM
May 25, 2014 9:47 AM

Sep 2013
Qpax said:
I thought it's forbiden to attack target when someone already sent killing notice. I mean isn't it against the rules to send two killing notice? Also this week's riddle has nothing to do with this episode. >Which gatekeeper is the liar? I don't even know what was that supposed to be or what was the answer anyways. This show is pretty confusing with much plot holes. So much for 12 ep anime I guess.

It's not forbidden, the notices can overlap so the first one that kills Haru wins.

The gatekeeper/liar thing in this episode refers to the notice that was send in the umbrella, was it Bamba that send it or was it Isuke that send it with Bamba's name on it?

The riddle itself was answered by Kaiba at the end - it doesn't matter what you ask because both gates lead to Hell anyway, can also mean there is no Heaven and no truth only Hell and lies, deep stuff :O
May 25, 2014 2:27 PM

Nov 2008
Oh I see now. I don't usually look at preview but now it makes more sense. Thanks for the kindly comments guys. I really appricate it <3!
May 25, 2014 2:50 PM

Sep 2013
Bamba - "Here's Johnny!"

Finally this series ends with an cliffhanger.

May 25, 2014 4:13 PM

Oct 2013
Diran-kun said:
And then Haru kills Tokaku... I hope...

Dis.

And finally! an episode that I REALLY enjoy!

Since Banba doesn't want anything I suppose that her alliance with Isuke includes ask for Isuke's wish if she kills Haru. Or that she will capture Haru and leave Isuke kill her? Otherwise I think it'll be Haru magically running away and avoiding being killed by a GIANT HAMMER. And I really don't like the idea.
May 25, 2014 8:42 PM

Dec 2013
Ehhhhhh, Tokaku - AMAZING!

Good act, mwahahahah. :D
May 26, 2014 4:12 AM

Jul 2013
they aren't inovating at all
they used to do 1 assassin per episode, now it's 2 at the same time but it takes 2 episodes, it is the same thing

4 killers left
banba and inukai will most likely fail in the next episode (9) and there will be 3 episodes left and 2 killers
this show is going to be boringly normal till it's ent, as expected, the last killer wil have 2 episodes and show's over
May 26, 2014 10:45 PM

Jun 2013
Shinya is pretty badass not gonna lie.
May 27, 2014 3:09 PM

Jan 2013
Haha... it finally got really interesting, can't wait for next episode.
May 30, 2014 1:56 AM

Feb 2011
Best ep of the series.
May 31, 2014 9:14 AM

Jan 2013
Kill her, finally.
Seems impossible now.
Jun 3, 2014 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Above-average episode, not because it was some kind of Banba new, but for having renewed the narrative structure, plot still growing, OK!
Pleasant and enjoyable all.
Drawings, animations, and flashbacks to complete everything in a discreet manner.
Let's see how to save Tokaku succeed, I'm curious!
Jun 6, 2014 11:11 AM

Oct 2013
That stormy night O_O Banbas entrance XD BAM would have been better if she stuck her head in the hole XD
[/quote]
Jun 17, 2014 10:03 AM
Jun 2014
Is it just me, or did it look like Shinya was having conflicted feelings? She really liked the keychain Ichinose gave her, and is probably the only one that did. I think she wanted to really befriend Haru, and killing her would just cause Shinya more trauma, so Banba wanted to do the job for her.
DashingfellaJun 17, 2014 10:12 AM
Jun 17, 2014 10:03 PM

Jul 2008
Qpax said:
I thought it's forbiden to attack target when someone already sent killing notice. I mean isn't it against the rules to send two killing notice?

They said earlier it was fine if two people's time limits for killing or whatever overlapped. I think that is why in episode 6 that little girl got rid of the play director (so she wouldn't have competition for killing Haru).

But yeah, this episode is the best so far. It is nice that it didn't follow the formula.
Jun 24, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2012
probably the best episode so far but maybe that's because we seem to be devling deeper and its taking more than just one episode, only problems with shows like this is that its great for the action and stuff... but you can't really make a connection or really care much for any of the characters because they haven't been fleshed out or had much back story!
Jul 3, 2014 9:07 AM

Jan 2011
Plot armour, activate!
Something happened, but I'm sure 2 people will "transfer" soon. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 3, 2014 4:07 PM
Sep 2013
Wonder If Haru will be a least able to fight even just a little.
Jul 6, 2014 5:01 AM
Feb 2013
Bullshit Shutou.
Those immortals who wants to die are just idiots. LOL
Jul 9, 2014 10:09 PM

Feb 2014
Wow.. Loved it! What an intense episode....

Inukai's laugh at 15:24 to 15:38 and then she getting suddenly serious at 15:39 was fucking awesome...

Banba as always great with her aggressive and borderline insane appearance...

Oh.. as Always, Akuma no Riddle ENDings always surprising... this time with Banba.. nice END.. music, lyrics and scenes fitting perfectly for she...

5/5

--The story behind the true parents of Inukai can be true.... But, her actual "mother" is really a Mother Fucker..... Killing Inukai's parents, then self-calling that he'll be Inukai's "mother" to "succeed" him in an assassin job (in other words: a Hitman)..?! What a Mother Fucker... Inukai at that time: innocent, harmless, just a child, living a sadness, cruel and poor life...And come one of those *** who self-calling her "mother" and use all these circumstances (above said - about Inukai) and situation to do "what ever he want" with Inukai ... Damn.. she can't even response for her own desires..! How humans can be so disgusting...
TechOtakuJul 9, 2014 11:11 PM
Jul 11, 2014 10:11 AM

Apr 2011
I had the feeling Isuke and Banba will both attack, and I was right.
Jul 13, 2014 9:03 PM

Sep 2011
Woah a 2 part episode. What a twist!
Jul 24, 2014 8:42 AM
Feb 2013
Best ep so far :D
Finally a really enjoyable one ^^
Nov 9, 2014 10:59 PM

May 2012
2049 annoying track

6.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Nov 25, 2014 2:54 PM

May 2012
Pretty okay episode, let's see what's next though.
Feb 17, 2015 5:29 AM

Feb 2015
Nice swerve near the end! First two parter and first time we've had a double attempt made for some compelling moments. This series gets better with each episode.
Sep 24, 2015 10:52 AM

Aug 2014
Apparently Haru is afraid of ghosts and curses more than people actually trying to kill her.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Aug 7, 2016 4:13 PM

May 2008
Sry but what kind of assassin is using a freaking sledgehammer to kill their target lol. It is slow as hell and heavy. Maybe she wants to give her a handicap :P
Oct 5, 2016 8:02 AM

Mar 2015
I loved the Mahiru version and she is moe <3
I like Shinya eye shape when she have evil smile.

As stated at episode 2, advance notice can send at the same time and whoever kill target first is the winner.

ED Song: 4.8/5
ED Animation: 3.8/5

3.5/5
Apr 4, 2019 5:31 PM

Jul 2016
zachfoss said:
Bamba - "Here's Johnny!"

Finally this series ends with an cliffhanger.

Why did Bamba not break down the door and then put a bullet in her head?

I don't understand these assassins at all
Oct 20, 2020 11:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh damn now the situation is definitely tense, 1v1 on the two sides
Jul 22, 2021 1:07 AM

Feb 2020
Banba and Isuke are the craziest characters in this show.

A cliffhanger. Nice.

SerafosDec 29, 2023 6:39 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

369 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.