Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2014 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, this episode really got tense. I didn't think Kyouya would have that much stress. At any rate, they need to stick together and do what they've been working on and work hard.
May 10, 2014 1:11 PM
Mar 2012
Kanade did inevitably mess up, but luckily they were able to pick up the pace in time. Now to solve the problem involving Kyouya and Ritsu.
May 10, 2014 1:58 PM

Dec 2012
Well this episode was better than the last one, at least. I rather liked the conclusion(?) to the story of the club they were competing against.

Unfortunately the MC is still kind of annoying in her dead fish behavior. She's really...indecisive, I guess...but more importantly even though they convey her thoughts to us with relative frequency I feel like I have a hard time telling what she's thinking, and it kind of makes her come across as wishy-washy and a little vacant in the head. I also have a hard time sympathizing with Kyoya when he (seemingly) overreacts to everything and I have only my guesses regarding why he's so upset. Hopefully the latter at least will be cleared up next episode.

In general I can't help but feel as though this show is suffering from a bit of character overload, just like Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara is. There are a lot of characters but not very much attention given to many of them. The whole story arc regarding the club our main character competed against was actually rather effective in seeming to add depth to all five of that club's members at once, even though it mainly centered on two or three of them. If they can do the same with the other clubs I think they might be able to safely handle the large cast.

All in all, though, after six episodes, this is probably one of my least favorite shows out of the ones airing this season that I'm watching. It's got obvious similarities to Kamigami no Asobi but that seems better in every way.
May 10, 2014 2:07 PM

Mar 2014
Just realized in this episode that Reiji and Shiro are two different people
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
May 10, 2014 2:40 PM

Jun 2012
I'd like to know why Kyoya is acting like that. Is it because he resents his brother or because of another reason?
May 10, 2014 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Kanade really messing up the violin competition, good thing Ritsu fixed the problem.

Let's hope Kyouyawill play the first violin in Ritsu's place.
May 10, 2014 8:34 PM

Feb 2012
Kyouya is such a male tsundere! He went all the way to the hospital to visit his bro, might as well go inside, right? Yet he turned back. lol! Seriously, what's his problem?
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 10, 2014 11:27 PM

Nov 2012
why is kyoya so angry all the time?
May 11, 2014 12:50 AM

Oct 2012
I knew she (Kanade) was going to be "It was all my fault!" here =_= Ugh!

And then there's the "It was nobody's fault." line to be expected too. But I think at that time it was still partly Kanade's fault because she messed up in the beginning for Ritsu probably wouldn't have exerted that much wrist movement even though he'd still overexert himself. If only she just accompanied him the way she should had from the beginning... He felt like he had to take the lead to calm Kanade and follow him only to work up his wrist and then all girlie did was waste about a minute's worth of time to fix the things going through her head.

Well, the thing that I guess would go to a good turn would be that Kyoya would perhaps show his true talent in the next few episodes.
May 11, 2014 3:59 AM

Jan 2013
rocketprism said:
It was a bit better than last week, but Kanade is still useless and Kyoya was wtf
I had trouble seeing Ichigo seiyuu cry to Renji seiyuu though xD

That's why they sounded so familiar to me, haha! :D

I liked this episode better than the last one, although I still don't like Kanade. I'm curious about next episode. Why was Kyoya so angry when Ritsu asked him to be the first violin? Didn't see this one coming btw haha.

Still a shame we don't hear more of Kyoya's violin.
May 11, 2014 6:49 AM
Apr 2012
Kanade really starting to get on my nerves, everytime she needs a push just to get the job done. Ritsu worsening his wrist and making Kyouya first violin was interesting, kinda expected the latter though.
May 11, 2014 7:58 PM

Oct 2011
Ritsu saved Kanade.

Shiseikan lost T__T

Hozumi crying T__T ( Ichigo and Renji moment )

Knew Kyoya would be first violin. Since I didn't get to hear play

Is the reason why Kyoya is angry because Ritsu didn't tell him about his condition. His own brother.
May 11, 2014 8:23 PM

Dec 2011
Uhh. Kanade is too annoying. Argh. But Kyoya is even more, he is like a prick, he is always mad sooo annoying. I really wonder what happened between him and Ritsu? I am going to be disappointed if it is just the usual "the older sibling is better than the younger" trope.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2014 8:55 PM
Aug 2011
Fiji said:
Uhh. Kanade is too annoying. Argh. But Kyoya is even more, he is like a prick, he is always mad sooo annoying.

They are both highly unpleasant.

zunderdog24 said:
Just realized in this episode that Reiji and Shiro are two different people

You are doing better than me as I still can't match the majority of these characters with their names.
The only names I know are Kanade, Ritsu, and Kyouya which I just learned today...

Even with Kyouya raging about everything the show this is still so stale.
The lack of episode count still concerns me.
May 12, 2014 3:44 AM

Aug 2008
I really like Seishinkan, they're really sweet, especially with the fireworks. ;A;

It actually makes me sad that they're already leaving. I actually like them more than Seiso, they showed what being a team really is unlike Seiso full of angsty people gah.

Seishinkan = true bros

And Yanagisawa senpai ;A; He's so gentle and mature I cry
May 12, 2014 5:34 AM

Jan 2013
Wow, Kanade and Kyoya are really beginning to irritate me. Kanade with her unbearably ditzy behaviour, and Kyoya with his constant angry attitude, which just went completely overboard this episode.
May 12, 2014 9:31 AM
Jan 2011
Gosh, I wonder what kind of injury does Ritsu have just for playing the violin?
May 13, 2014 5:46 AM

Aug 2013
So Ritsu getting injury .... Kohinata with her "I can't" behavior
It was an Ok Episode ~

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
May 13, 2014 11:10 AM

Mar 2008
Oh wow, that dramatic cut-off at the end. So camp.

Winter was nice. It's a shame the visuals don't live up to the audio.
May 15, 2014 7:03 AM

May 2010
"They're ascending to the sky."

Normally statements like this don't bother me but this anime is a different case. Just... Sigh... I didn't even look at the screen and yet, I could understand about 95 percent of the plot. This anime is just a sad case. Comparing this to Kiniro no Corda (Primo Passo) would be a shame to that anime.

That being said, Kyoya is starting to annoy me.
May 17, 2014 3:14 PM

Feb 2014
I don't know...
In comparison to Primo and Secondo Passo, these characters are really irritating.
A tsundere with teenage angst and an oblivious imbecile?

At least it was interesting enough to not notice poor animation
(oh wait, they weren't even moving while the music was playing...)
《Twitter》 《Tumblr》
"Have you ever eaten figs? When you cut a fig in half, it looks like a heart—so some people say its bitter sweetness is like love.
But for me, the flavor of love tastes like the lousy cookies you made ..."

~Hana Yori Dango~
May 19, 2014 2:27 AM

Apr 2014
Man, I love Brass Band-tachi. They really shined this episode. ;__;

Geez, I wish the Kyouya angst would just go away or at least stop dribbling in its own puddle. Get to the point so we can enjoy the ear candy without the wah wah of whatever's going on with him. I mean, look at Brass Band-tachi. They're so cool. They lost to a group that was shaky in the first half while their own performance was both solid and moving. It sucks. Ay, the curse of any wind ensemble against a group of half-good strings. But whatever the outcome, they were good-spirited about it, even setting up a thank-you present for the winners!

No one can deny a performance by ghost instruments could be anything but extraordinary. (lol)

/cool band guys ,____,
Sep 26, 2016 12:40 AM

Jun 2013
Enjoyable episode, but Kyouya was being such a little bitch this episode and it was really irritating.

More topics from this board

» Fanservice/sexual content found in Kiniro no Corda (copied and pasted message template)

captaindirt1999 - Mar 19, 2017

0 by captaindirt1999 »»
Mar 19, 2017 10:46 PM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2014

27 by SakurasouBusters »»
Nov 25, 2016 6:44 AM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2014

14 by SakurasouBusters »»
Nov 2, 2016 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

21 by SakurasouBusters »»
Oct 26, 2016 7:24 AM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2014

14 by SakurasouBusters »»
Oct 25, 2016 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.