Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
May 8, 2014 8:05 PM

Jun 2013

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
MellowJelloMay 9, 2014 2:19 AM
May 9, 2014 2:22 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Cleaned for the last 2 pages.

Yup.
May 9, 2014 3:54 AM

Nov 2010
Great dialogues with a banging end
I guess there's going to be a lot of action next
May 9, 2014 5:28 PM

Feb 2014
I guess the reason Miyuki is so popular is cuz in Nihon is that its the land of Imouto lovers.
All those otakus love little sisters with a bro-com since they in RL suck at getting GFs and that is the most easiest way to get you-know-what-i-mean.
For me Miyuki so far is furniture and has her annoying moments just like the rest of the cast the MC also isnt that great personally speaking just awesome as being a skilled fighter and a chick magnet (heck even a teacher tries seducing him).
Well lets hope the school has at least a good insurance to pay off the damage those wannabe terrorists do.
Also do we get to see whats the life outside school is like later ?
May 9, 2014 10:55 PM

Jul 2013
LastIllusion said:
Also do we get to see whats the life outside school is like later ?

Yes, the two arcs after this will start in school but will take place outside the school most of the time.

May 10, 2014 12:49 AM
Apr 2014
What do some of you think about the enrollment arc ending on episode 7? Does it seem like a good pace.
May 10, 2014 6:08 AM

Jul 2013
AquaWateria said:
What do some of you think about the enrollment arc ending on episode 7? Does it seem like a good pace.

The usual pace of LN adaptations are usually 3/4 episodes per volume. While I think that the best way to adapt this LN is by doing it 6 episodes per volume, it might've been too much to ask for and being slow the way the first arc was, it might be the downfall of this anime for turning new people off with how slow it was. I would say 8 episodes for enrollment is better since they'll be able to include more contents but since most of the enrollment are just info dump, the story becomes a lot shorter so I think that they did a pretty good job by making it 7 episodes to give more time for 9SC and YD since both of them are more interesting and pretty much 2 of the 3 major arcs which makes the series atm.

So yeah, they did pretty good imo, it could've been worse like Black Bullet @@.

May 10, 2014 7:12 AM
Aug 2012
EasyGo-er said:
AquaWateria said:

The usual pace of LN adaptations are usually 3/4 episodes per volume. While I think that the best way to adapt this LN is by doing it 6 episodes per volume, it might've been too much to ask for and being slow the way the first arc was, it might be the downfall of this anime for turning new people off with how slow it was. I would say 8 episodes for enrollment is better since they'll be able to include more contents but since most of the enrollment are just info dump, the story becomes a lot shorter so I think that they did a pretty good job by making it 7 episodes to give more time for 9SC and YD since both of them are more interesting and pretty much 2 of the 3 major arcs which makes the series atm.

I kind of agree and disagree. Log Horizon had a lot of monologues and world building too but they made it pretty interesting. Adapting 7 volumes in 26 episodes is a bad idea. The standard should be 4-5 volumes for 2 course. They could have just included Volume 8 alongside Volume 1-5, later adapting Yokohoma and Visitor in another season. Those 2 arcs are pretty action packed.

The removal of monologues affected the characters a lot. Mayumi, Erika, Leo had most of scenes cut. They did a good job on the second volume but i can't say the same for the first. Even the manga was a lot of fun to read because of the presentation.

May 10, 2014 7:32 AM
Apr 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
EasyGo-er said:
AquaWateria said:

I kind of agree and disagree. Log Horizon had a lot of monologues and world building too but they made it pretty interesting. Adapting 7 volumes in 26 episodes is a bad idea. The standard should be 4-5 volumes for 2 course. They could have just included Volume 8 alongside Volume 1-5, later adapting Yokohoma and Visitor in another season. Those 2 arcs are pretty action packed.

The removal of monologues affected the characters a lot. Mayumi, Erika, Leo had most of scenes cut. They did a good job on the second volume but i can't say the same for the first. Even the manga was a lot of fun to read because of the presentation.

As much as I loved Log Horizon to most it was probably boring from the beginning since it was mostly world building. I love that kind of stuff but we have to remember that this an anime audience, and too much dialogue doesn't digest well leaving the viewers bored. Which happened to some people through parts of Log Horizon. LN to anime transition isn't that easy since it's easier to be flexible with information in LN than to anime. I mean look at episode 4 of Black Bullet rushed as hell leaving some important things from the material. So we should be happy that MadHouse isn't rushing too much and that they have done a nice job so far. Though time can tell.
May 10, 2014 7:45 AM

Dec 2010
I have a feeling that this show's message is "Gary Tetsuya Stue is awesome" and that it's purpose is hyping him every single episode. Everything else is pretty much uninteresting. Tokyo Ravens did so much better, and this show's hyped so much more.
May 10, 2014 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
Loved Mayumi's speech. An okay ep.
May 11, 2014 5:04 PM
Apr 2014
That escalated quickly! Didn't expect the grenade throwing and gun fire at all. There is some deep rooted hatred going on.
May 12, 2014 5:44 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Perhaps the story is getting better, a little less narrative, the fact is we already see Miyuki less sticky and less this is in itself a good thing.
So far this anime has shown little charm, at least for me that I have not read the novel.
Technically it does not show any graphic quality from tears of joy to do, the study Madhouse could not skimp. CG is not annoying.
Not bad the last part, at least Tatsuya is not the only one to show off, at least this time! XD
I hope the best even more next time.
May 12, 2014 11:44 AM
Apr 2014
They cut my favourite part of Tatsuya's conversation with Mibu: Tatsuya announcing his ultimate intentions (creating a gravity-type energy generator) and her reaction to that. That was, quite literally, my favourite moment of the entire LN :/

Anyway, I'm late to the party. Prez' speech was pretty well done, lol'ed again at those "threatening" terrorists being taken out in seconds. 3/5
UnleashTheGoatMay 12, 2014 12:01 PM
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
May 13, 2014 2:55 PM
Sep 2013
That "debate" was hugely disappointing, though I probably shouldn't had been expecting a good political debate from this series. My hope is that this terrorist organization is only using this school incident to fuel bigger events but without losing hold of their original ideals for equality; there had better not be some kind of stupid ulterior motive like world domination or pure greed or stupid shit like that.

Apparently, Tatsuya's perfections are suppose to be a plot point. Even if they develop this plot point well though, it will still be boring if he doesn't have worthy opponents.

It would be awesome if this show turns out to have some highly intelligent and political theme since it will keep the idiots away. However, I seriously doubt it will, since this show was geared towards idiots to begin with. Then again, many idiots still continue to watch the show despite claiming to absolutely hate it so who knows what goes through the heads of idiots.
May 13, 2014 4:16 PM
Apr 2014
MrNTR said:
That "debate" was hugely disappointing, though I probably shouldn't had been expecting a good political debate from this series. My hope is that this terrorist organization is only using this school incident to fuel bigger events but without losing hold of their original ideals for equality; there had better not be some kind of stupid ulterior motive like world domination or pure greed or stupid shit like that.

Apparently, Tatsuya's perfections are suppose to be a plot point. Even if they develop this plot point well though, it will still be boring if he doesn't have worthy opponents.

It would be awesome if this show turns out to have some highly intelligent and political theme since it will keep the idiots away. However, I seriously doubt it will, since this show was geared towards idiots to begin with. Then again, many idiots still continue to watch the show despite claiming to absolutely hate it so who knows what goes through the heads of idiots.
i want to ask did u see the end of episode 4 oh and i dont mean that equality thing or that weird ass moment i mean when they say somebody behind all of this oh and also i dont mean that terrorist thing is behind this
oldguestMay 13, 2014 4:21 PM
May 16, 2014 4:49 AM

Aug 2013
Stuff went boom but to be honest, I'm just really looking forward to Erika in action. I wonder if she'd be as cool as how I imagined that scene to be :p
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 26, 2014 11:44 AM

Feb 2014
Revolution has been solved, but wait... There are another problem.
Great episode 9/10
My favourite color is blue.

May 27, 2014 11:41 PM
May 2014
Diabacor This world is currently filled with pollution, debased food and everything that we have a tendency to used is debased. within the result

we have a tendency to got any harmful and fatal diseases.

http://diabacorrev.com

[url= http://diabacorrev.com]Diabacor[/url]
May 28, 2014 11:34 AM

May 2011
Episode was alright, didn't really get interesting until the end. The speech was nice though :)

Expecting the next one to be action packed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2014 11:04 PM
May 2013
lol this school rivalry is too real. I still can't get it when Sister dude explains his magic.
Jul 24, 2014 11:54 PM

May 2011
Mayumi is the best. And that was a really great speech she gave there.

Its always nice to see Miyuki get jealous as well lol.
Jul 25, 2014 3:03 PM

May 2013
ZeroZx said:

Nope, just Mayumi's opponents were retards (like probably any antagonist in this anime).
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Jul 26, 2014 11:10 AM

May 2011
jakkubus said:
ZeroZx said:

Nope, just Mayumi's opponents were retards (like probably any antagonist in this anime).

Nope what? I was just commenting on how I though Mayumi was the best (very subjective) and that I liked her speech. Yeah, her opponents were retards but I don't see how that has anything to do with what I said.
Sep 17, 2014 4:34 PM

Dec 2012
AsukaTenjyoin said:
Pretty nice ep.
The action kicks in.

Onii-sama count:

Ep 1: 26
Ep 2: 5
Ep 3: 6
Ep 4: 17
Ep 5: 3 (lol)

This is very important, I thank you for keeping count.
Nov 4, 2014 8:42 AM

Sep 2014
In order to cast a spell they need to activate an activation sequence right ? From there it turns into a magic sequence which is what the spell does ? What makes him extra special is that he can skip activating a spell and just use magic sequence right away which is the spell ?

Activation sequence = a bunch of long code ?
He can skip this sequence and build the spell itself which is the magic sequence ?

Kinda confused on all the explaining since it does not explain well lol.
Last episode they talked about that terrorist group. The group wants equality but uses magic to get what they want basically ? Guessing they want overpower the government so they can profit or the people backing them can profit ?
Dec 1, 2014 4:38 PM

May 2012
Quite lovely episode I must say, let's see what's next!
Dec 27, 2014 8:37 AM

Jan 2013
Those weapons came a little out of nowhere.
But it got interesting.
Feb 10, 2015 12:26 AM

Aug 2013
Oh they sure jumped the gun.
They didn't include Tatsuya talking about his future goal in the cafe.
Their magic look cheap without explaining the logic and theory behind it.
But oh well I don't mind since I've read the LN. Finally the first battle.
May 19, 2015 10:06 PM

Apr 2014
Well that escalated quickly.
Jul 10, 2015 5:28 PM

May 2015
Another delicately boring episode. But it seems like everything is swelling up to a good point.
Jul 18, 2015 7:29 PM

Jul 2015
This was a nice episode. I guess a forum in the show is like a school assembly. Though the end of the episode was really nice to see.
Dec 11, 2015 3:40 AM

Apr 2009
I'd vote for her but she's stepping down/graduating next year! LOL

WTF is this? Political/discrimination issue or not, that was just plain terrorism.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 1, 2016 11:08 AM

Aug 2014
lol that ending, pretty nice ending.
May 1, 2016 7:13 PM

Jul 2013
Good episode. You could clearly see that there was something Mibu and the others planned.

Mayumis speech was nice. It's true, these 3 years on this school are important and I would be sad if it's only about discrimination if you're a Rank 2 student. I hope she can make it happen and change some of these stupid rules.

It was only at the end but the action was nice to see. I'm not sure what will happen next episode, but it will definitely be interesting.

Oct 9, 2016 1:42 AM

Dec 2014
WELL SHE IS THE BEST PRESIDENT THE SCHOOL COULD HAVE.... BUT AS EXPECTED SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS
Dec 4, 2016 12:12 AM

Sep 2015
The little sister still irritates me wish her onii-sama was toned down a lot more.
Mar 23, 2017 12:14 PM

May 2015
RPG, RPG. :DDDDDD

Quite good episode.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 3, 2018 4:43 AM

Sep 2017
Looks like Miyuki did a good job of convincing the students. I like where this episode is going, with the unveiling of terrorist attacks. Also, we see some of the cool abilities of the student council members and also Shiba being yandere at her brother getting a girl's number.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 19, 2018 7:30 PM

Jun 2017
What Mibu is doing in this episode is the exact same thing many Americans are doing right now - people are convincing themselves that they aren't offered equal opportunities or treated fairly, despite the law specifically stating that they do, and those intentions are being used by wealthy politicians and criminals to advance their own greedy goals. I don't mean to get too deep here - but it really screws up society when people do this crap and are blinded by it, and I think Mibu and what she's involved in here are PERFECT examples. Most of the people "fighting for equal rights / fairness" in America already have equal rights because that fight was won before most of them were born and have since been made into law - and they are now playing the crime-less victim - and unfortunately often committing extremist acts like attacking innocent people in pursuit of a desire that they can't even explicitly detail.

You can't force people to THINK a certain way about you with anything but your own actions, but you can have laws / rules that encourage better treatment - however, just like in reality, they already have all those laws on their side and are taking it all for granted here. Also like in reality - those people's intentions are being used for goals that have nothing to do with what they want. Their good / innocent intentions are being used for what often turns out to be evil. It'd be nice if more people watched this anime and reflected on this episode and if / how it relates to them ;) Given enough vitriol and frustration even the best of intentions can be twisted and used to do wrong.

Interesting insight into the mindset that ends up creating extremists / domestic terrorists, not something I typically expect to see in an anime. So incredibly accurate, too. Tragically so.
Alpha-MethylApr 19, 2018 8:06 PM
May 6, 2018 12:27 PM
Oct 2016
Oh man, some people just have to go that far to get what they? Fools.
May 23, 2018 12:38 PM

Dec 2014
Mibu looks exactly like Lyn from Fire Emblem, her FE Heroes artwork especially, except she doesn't have green hair.
May 12, 2019 1:59 AM

Jun 2009
Oct 6, 2019 3:00 PM

Nov 2016
So him getting her number came in handy. What a playboy xD

Pretty entertaining episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 21, 2020 1:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally we're getting some real action
Jul 9, 2020 6:12 PM

Aug 2017
Mayumi's speech was pretty good, I was suspicious of her before but in this episode she proved to be a good person. The escalation of conflic with the terrorist organization was well done so the arc will end with a lot of action.

4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 4, 2020 6:46 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Indirectly Tatsuya just revealed one of his ability on the conversation with Mizuki. XD The multivariable aspects that needed a multiple process, and the multistages of casting that already combined with such an explanations from the previous episode that somehow reduced the casting speed time of him. But actually, its powerful enough to created a diversity among his magic technique, from a simple, till the complex magic. Yeah, its his ability that couldn't be copy by any magician of that era, manipulated the activation sequences as his wish. Sasuga, Tatsuya sama. Well, at least his monologue that mentioned Yotsuba family, once again, hinted something great in the future.

The second sequences where everything turned out to be a chaos. I take it the short summary route. The terrorist attack, that placed at the academy, was not so surprising. Its really their plan to took over a chance from an open public discussion to persuaded the second course scheme before its blowing up. But she was surely wrong about the real deal. Surprise motherfucker. The real deal that started out from the discrimination over first and second course, turned out to be a serious matter like that, just ridiculous. Oh, well. At least i got some nice action packed over their mess.

Such a shame Mibu senpai trapped into that kind of situation because of her naives thinking. She just being manipulated. Lets see the next one to see their conclusion. Also, Miyuki's jealousy just over the top. I would mind it at all. At least Saegusa did something good to closed my ashamed at Miyuki behaviour at this episode. Lol. Lets see the next one to see their conclusion.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 6, 2020 8:15 PM

Feb 2019
I thought the president's speech was pretty good; however, I'm still confused as to why she hasn't made a speech like this in the past if the higher-ups were all aware of the discrimination.

I'm also confused about the nature of the magic in this universe: it's technological, but not everyone can use it? It must be rare, since the terrorists use pretty conventional weapons despite being a large organization. Overall, I'm excited to see where the attack goes.
Oct 9, 2020 11:52 PM

Jun 2020
Either I haven't paid enough attention to figure out what is going on, or this show is escalating faster than it needs to, I don't know.
Have a great day!

Nov 23, 2020 3:14 AM
Oct 2020
Takadono said:
I thought the president's speech was pretty good; however, I'm still confused as to why she hasn't made a speech like this in the past if the higher-ups were all aware of the discrimination.

I'm also confused about the nature of the magic in this universe: it's technological, but not everyone can use it? It must be rare, since the terrorists use pretty conventional weapons despite being a large organization. Overall, I'm excited to see where the attack goes.

In mahouka universe, magicians are minority.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.