Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 1, 2014 10:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So in all this despair, there's some fun with shopping. Heh, who knew.

Poor Hitoe, she picked the wrong fight this episode. Shame. Too much suffering.
May 1, 2014 12:27 PM

Jun 2013
This episode got pretty dark. I hope there is a way that Hitoe can make friends again.
May 1, 2014 12:30 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode. Seems like we've finally reached the darker parts of this anime ^^
May 1, 2014 12:41 PM
May 2010
I feel so bad for Hitoe. She never can make friends again? That is so cruel! I hope she can be happy in the future! Akira really pissed me off big time. I hope Ru cream her to the ground! Don't lose to her! She needs to be set straight!
May 1, 2014 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
Never being able to make friends again.... that's horrible. Ru will probably lose next ep but I hope she beats akira into the ground.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 1, 2014 1:00 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Damn.. Feel bad for Hitoe now..
Loss of rights & memories as a Selector and wish became tainted.
Losing 3 times is totally the end of you!

Farewell, Midoriko.. She was an awesome WIXOSS girl.

Yuzuki is in dismay..
She should just be blunt, even if it sounds gross. Better than becoming like Hitoe..

How could Akira be so carefree when saying such terrible stuff?! -.-
I hope she faces a horrible fate soon!

Ruko is fired up now. Next battle will be awesome!

Good episode. Too bad, Hitoe and Midoriko are gone.

May 1, 2014 1:04 PM

Apr 2010
So the battle with Akira is finally going to start question is what will be the outcome.
It might be bad since Ruko is pretty angry, so was provoked into the fight after all so her judgement might be clouded.
Tho i really hope she beats Akira.

Now back to Iona she does seem to have a role of taking out other players and my guess is that she was the one who took out Hitoe.
Still there are some things to this game left unexplained like what happens to the LIRG's.
And i hope those questions are explained.
May 1, 2014 1:08 PM

Oct 2010
Interesting episode, kinda harsh what happened to Hitoe. The consequences for losing 3 times does seem like too important a detail to hide.
May 1, 2014 1:11 PM

Mar 2013
This episode felt frustrating to watch with all the secrets and hesitating to tell the truth. -.-
seriously why couldn't they just tell them what happens when they lose three times earlier?
Gawd.

besides that this was an okay episode.

I feel bad for Hitoe :(
forever unable have friends or even remember the ones she already has.

Ruko vs Akira next week?

Go Ruko! Akira is long due for a WIXOSS beat down (a good slap in the face >:( )

May 1, 2014 1:12 PM

Jan 2009
1. "ur wish becomes tainted if you lose." how messed up / interesting it is. Only 1 can be the winner. So that means the rest get tainted

2. The show does a good job of making people hate akira

3. The darkness of this show & the possible incest… just can't get enough of it

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 1, 2014 1:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Madara31 said:
Interesting episode, kinda harsh what happened to Hitoe. The consequences for losing 3 times does seem like too important a detail to hide.

Maybe it's because the LRIGs want their owners to win because they might get something too if they win? That's how I felt about them hiding the info last episode. If the owners knew that there was a catch if they lose 3 times, then many would likely to discard their LRIGs, and the LRIGs won't be able to get what they want (whatever that is). Maybe they disappear or something if they lose 3 times, or that's what seemed to happen to Midoriko (seriously though, what happened to her? She just floated out of her card and into the sky). Just a random speculation though...

Anyways, this series is finally starting to make me interested, and although I didn't care for the female characters before, I'm starting to like Yuzuki a little, and I feel very sympathetic towards poor Hitoe. All she wanted was to have friend. She was lucky that her wish actually came true without having to win three battles, but then was also unfortunate to have lost the possbility of ever making any friends.

Also, holy fuck can someone shut Akira up? No one should ever speak like that.
tingyMay 1, 2014 1:19 PM
May 1, 2014 1:34 PM

May 2013
What a consequence for losing three times. Poor Hitoe though. I hope she's gonna be okay.
May 1, 2014 1:37 PM

Aug 2011
Midoriko should have told Hitoe earlier. Akari is getting just more and more horrible.
May 1, 2014 1:49 PM

Jun 2012
Knew this was madoka tier.
May 1, 2014 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
I remember since the first episode or two that you can't lose three battles, or you lose your right as a Selector. But they never said what would really happen as a consequence. That's dark. I had a feeling you would never get your wish, but I didn't think it was that bad.

Damn, I'm really liking this anime more and more. Looking forward to next week.
May 1, 2014 2:01 PM

Oct 2010
tingy said:
Madara31 said:

Maybe it's because the LRIGs want their owners to win because they might get something too if they win? That's how I felt about them hiding the info last episode. If the owners knew that there was a catch if they lose 3 times, then many would likely to discard their LRIGs, and the LRIGs won't be able to get what they want (whatever that is). Maybe they disappear or something if they lose 3 times, or that's what seemed to happen to Midoriko (seriously though, what happened to her? She just floated out of her card and into the sky). Just a random speculation though...
Hmm, that may be the case, although it still seems unfair to the Selectors because they're not fully aware of what they're getting themselves into. The shock on Hitoe's face when Midoriko told her about it spoke a thousand words.
May 1, 2014 2:02 PM

Jun 2011
dragonlight said:

We Madoka now.
May 1, 2014 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
dragonlight said:

Hope not, or else we get some shitty reset ending. I want this to end either reasonably good or really fucking terrible, like in a catastrophic manner.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
May 1, 2014 2:09 PM

Jan 2008
Remember Tama evolving after battle? Maybe it's the same for other LRIG's which is a serious deal in their world, so all of them strive for it. That's why they are adamant about their Selectors to keep fighting. Who knows.

Other than that I still don't feel the drama in this show. Hitoe is screwed up, yes, but... well, too bad, I guess? Altough it keeps me entertained enough to go on, I'm still amazed that they are giving it a second season. Guilty pleasure of the season.
May 1, 2014 2:09 PM

Feb 2008
I felt it was kind of odd there wasn't such a risk.
Ruuko is quite pissed now.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 1, 2014 2:14 PM

Aug 2009
And here I was hoping Ru would slap Akira and she would look so surprised. Sigh, I won't live to that day

I suppose losing three times frees the LRIG, so that's why they don't say anything? Or maybe if that shady characters finds a discarded LRIG then, it makes the vanishing/death/wahtever it was more painful than when a girl loses? Who knows.
May 1, 2014 2:31 PM
Jun 2012
dragonlight said:

Far from being madoka tier.
May 1, 2014 3:00 PM

Apr 2014
It is getting darker I like it. For a moment I thought that Ruuko is going to strangle Akira in that restroom :D Im kinda sad that it didnt happen... maybe next time :D
May 1, 2014 3:14 PM

Nov 2012
So if they lose 3 times their wish get tainted.

Hope to see more agony and despair next episode.
May 1, 2014 3:17 PM
Jan 2014
I hope there is some way to reverse Hitoe's situation, after all.
Poor Midoriko.
Kind of wish that the LRIG's didn't keep what happens if you lose 3 times a secret.
May 1, 2014 3:18 PM

Jul 2012
billybob300c said:

2. The show does a good job of making people hate akira

Nopey-nopey. Aki-lucky is by far and away the best character in this show and possibly all of anime.

Great episode. Really happy Hitoe finally lost three battles. She was definitely the annoying one. I hope she never makes friends again like they said. Ru-ru and Aki-lucky next episode? God damn, I can't wait to see Aki kick Ru-ru's ass. Also excited to see what Ru-ru's wish is or at least what Aki finds when she looks into her.
May 1, 2014 3:40 PM

Apr 2012
Poor Hitoe... so we finally find out the stakes in this game. No one got beheaded, but this would do I suppose :p

Can't wait to see Akira and Ruko battle....

Thorden said:
It is getting darker I like it. For a moment I thought that Ruuko is going to strangle Akira in that restroom :D Im kinda sad that it didnt happen... maybe next time :D

Screw the card game let's just do this the old fashioned way! -strangles and ends up killing Akira-
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 1, 2014 3:50 PM
Jan 2014
It's getting darker now, but damn Iona pretty much killed that girl and she didn't even look guilty
On the other hand, the girl that got the stroke's LRIG looked pretty cool
May 1, 2014 4:20 PM

Feb 2013
This show just went from good to awesome.

But Hitoe's card could have told her.
May 1, 2014 4:33 PM
Mar 2012
fanshii said:
And here I was hoping Ru would slap Akira and she would look so surprised. Sigh, I won't live to that day

A major point of Akira's strategy (and boosts to her own confidence) come from naming her opponent's wish and then mocking it. I'm hoping that we see shock and dismay in Akira when she tries to reveal Ru's wish and either comes up blank or reveals some sort of abyss of destruction.

My guess is that Akira and Ru won't battle next episode, though. There will probably be an interruption of some sort. That's too good a battle to let slip in the middle of the series.

Morand said:
dragonlight said:

Agreed, we're not there yet. Madoka's dark take on the magical girl genre was original, but that alone wasn't what made Madoka a masterpiece.

PoisonedTea said:
But Hitoe's card could have told her.

I agree, this is a somewhat weak point of the story at the moment. People are theorizing that the cards didn't reveal this information to their Selectors because there's something in it for them if the Selector continues to battle and wins. I wondered if there was some form of punishment for them if they spilled too much information. Yet Midoriko seemed content to never battle again and even urged Hitoe to discard him/her a few times. Hanayo also seemed to have little issue with telling Yuzuki about what would happen, so the punishment theory seems to be out.

Earlier episodes hinted at more information about the LRIGs that hasn't been revealed yet, so perhaps Midoriko's unwillingness to tell Hitoe straight what would happen until their final moments will seem more fitting later on.
May 1, 2014 4:35 PM

Jul 2013
Looks like THE BATORU is happening next
May 1, 2014 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was pretty dark. If you lost three times, your memories as a Selector and wish became tainted.

Poor Hitoe, she lost her friends.
May 1, 2014 5:12 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Yea when I saw Midoriko lost in her own thoughts I knew something was up. It seemed like there was more to the game than what was presented. For one losing 3 times and losing the Selector status only seemed too simple. Then we have Hanayo who also was being too silent towards Yuzuki. Had Midoriko, Hanayo or the WIXOSS card shop owner told them of the rules of losing 3 times I'm sure they throw away the card. Well now we know why the show has that name, the game is Infected with severe consequences to the loser.

So pretty much Hitoe forgot her memories as a Selector, friends and can never make friends. That would be the case, but remember that green hair band she bought with Ruko and Yuzuki. Well she seemed to not have forgotten everything since she was having very painful thoughts in her head, and in one of those she saw her friends faces. So perhaps that green hair band might just be the thing that saves Hitoe from losing her memories completely. I could be wrong but I'm putting the The Heart of the Cards into that green hair band that Hitoe was wearing which could save her from despair.

May 1, 2014 5:15 PM
May 2011
Why can't the girls just flat out deny battling?
Like Ru in the end here. Don't battle the bitch, just slap her across the face and leave. That would be very satisfying, and I think that some kind of arrangement needs to be met when talking about Akira. A satisfactory slap is all I need. Or something of that kind.
You don't have to battle..
But I realize that it has to happen because that's how this anime works.
My only wish is for the forced battles to have a little more logic behind them.

Also you guys who tell us that this episode was "dark", you don't know what "dark" is :)
MarkusEAMay 1, 2014 5:22 PM

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
May 1, 2014 5:34 PM

Jul 2012
MarkusEA said:
Why can't the girls just flat out deny battling?
Like Ru in the end here. Don't battle the bitch, just slap her across the face and leave. That would be very satisfying, and I think that some kind of arrangement needs to be met when talking about Akira. A satisfactory slap is all I need. Or something of that kind.
You don't have to battle..
But I realize that it has to happen because that's how this anime works.
My only wish is for the forced battles to have a little more logic behind them.

Also you guys who tell us that this episode was "dark", you don't know what "dark" is :)

Ru-ru has been wanting to battle Aki-lucky for a while now. Even in the last episode Ru-ru herself says that she wants to battle Aki. Aki-lucky then challenges her and Ru-ru is already pissed off at her. How is that not logical that Ru-ru would accept?
May 1, 2014 6:11 PM

Nov 2013
Good episode. I was waiting for the anime to turn in this direction. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.
May 1, 2014 6:28 PM

Sep 2007
Morand said:
dragonlight said:

Imagine Madoka Magica with card battles instead of Soul Gems, only with twice the emotional manipulation and suffering (c/o Mari Okada), half the suspense and tension, and none of its charm... and you'll get this show. I'm sure there will be a "shocking twist" at the end of this season that will lead into the next, but I suspect a lot of the audience will be long gone by that time.

Oh, well. At least it's still better than the last Madoka wannabe, Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou. Now THAT was an absolute disaster in all respects.
patco23May 1, 2014 6:32 PM
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. --Lord Acton in a letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton, 1887

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I'm the dictator. --George W. Bush, during his first trip to Washington as President-Elect, Washington, DC, Dec. 18, 2000
May 1, 2014 6:32 PM

Jul 2013
Oh-ho pretty good episode imo. It got interesting when you lost three battles and you get tainted as a result. It was good to see Hitoe represents on how a person lose 3 times in battle. Although, I felt bad that she lost her friends. Yuzuki and Ruko were on their happy mode, and now they felt the despair inside of them after they heard about being tainted. Oh damn, Ruko is getting pissed now, time to show Akari what she is made of.

2 things I don't really get is why does Hitoe battle immediately without saying no. She could refuse the battle and not get tainted by that. Also why did the LRIGS tell them now instead of telling them from the beginning. I guess it adds the dramatic atmosphere around the characters, and to make it more appealing.

May 1, 2014 6:33 PM

Jul 2013
Ruuko is real pissed right now.
Kick her ass Ruuko!
May 1, 2014 6:44 PM
Apr 2013
I actually liked an episode for once :D
I found the what happened to Hitoe done very well and her happiness being snatched away so quickly. Iona likes to be the girl that finishes off others assuming it was Iona who fought Hitoe. So the Aki and Ru fight will happen. Either Aki will be shocked that Ru has no wishes or actually sees a wish that is part of Ru's "scary" side that has been alluded to. Curious to see what Iona's wish is.
May 1, 2014 6:51 PM

Mar 2014
Holy shit. Well Hitoe's not a selector anymore. Looks like we got Ruko vs Akira next episode.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 1, 2014 6:59 PM

Jul 2012
omega_d94 said:

2 things I don't really get is why does Hitoe battle immediately without saying no. She could refuse the battle and not get tainted by that. Also why did the LRIGS tell them now instead of telling them from the beginning. I guess it adds the dramatic atmosphere around the characters, and to make it more appealing.

Well, she didn't know about the whole tainted thing before accepting the battle and her personality definitely portrays her as a pushover so her accepting a random battle isn't really out of the question.

SrachcII said:

Poor Hitoe now that is just crap. I predict the main character wish will be something like restore everyone before they were a selector so that Hitoe could still make friends or something.

She already suggested that and got told that you're not allowed to do that.
May 1, 2014 7:28 PM

Jan 2011
damn Hitoe became forever alone :(

someone needs give Akira a good beating and not with cards

it took us 5 weeks but where finally getting somewhere
May 1, 2014 7:44 PM

Jul 2012
Gah! That damn cliffhanger! D:
Umm....good episode? I guess. :/

What was really depressing was when Hitoe lost and she lost all her memories of being a Selector and about having friends.....she was adorable too. :/
*Sigh*, pretty mellow turn on this anime, well, it does have the psychological genre to it, so...yeah? More depressing episodes in the future maybe? o-o

So can't wait for the next one though: We haven't seen Tama fight in a real battle yet! D:
May 1, 2014 8:08 PM
Nov 2013
I feel like there's still a bit more to this game than they've told us so far. If not I'll be a bit disappointed, but so far this is pretty awesome

The tension that they've built us so far is insane
May 1, 2014 8:09 PM

Sep 2013
Akira a sh!t.
I so wanted Ruuko to strangle her in the toilet.

Hitoe thou :(
May 1, 2014 9:00 PM

Nov 2012
Hopes still low but interest was picked.
May 1, 2014 9:32 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like Kazumi is popular.

If you lose your wish gets reversed 0_0 That's fucking aweful, she will never be able to make friends :O

Oh that's why Midoriko told Hitoe to through her away, maybe that basically means quitting therefore nullifying participation.

"...Nopey-nopey!" She really needed to be punched right then.
May 1, 2014 10:20 PM

Nov 2012
This must be where the anime starts picking up. Now I want to see more.
May 1, 2014 10:21 PM

Mar 2014
Oh damn this show is getting darker
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.