Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2014 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was an awesome match. Sora just made her bite the dust although I'm not too surprised.

But seriously though, Sora is just awesome in this show for his tactics. Too bad chess won't be played like that from where I am ;.;. Those tears are delicious lol. Sora's new position is something I respect too.
Stark700Apr 30, 2014 6:04 AM
Apr 30, 2014 7:05 AM

Oct 2013
Of course this game of chess had to be more ridiculous, not that I'm complaining. Sora, I feel your pain. I've never liked talking in front of people that much. It's kind of funny that he wanted to be king but had to deal with his fears because of it. The match he and his sister had was quite funny actually. I guess they're king and queen then huh? That's interesting. Overall I liked this episode and his shirt of course.

As a side note: I told myself long ago that I'd never learn to play chess, then not even a few weeks later I learned how because I was bored watching my friends play without me.
7thVoidApr 30, 2014 7:12 AM
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Apr 30, 2014 7:15 AM

Feb 2008
Chess is really easy board game thought.
A world of game, this is going to be fun.
I haven't read LN so I don't know what will happen next. :P
BlackbirdApr 30, 2014 8:04 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 30, 2014 7:25 AM

Aug 2013
I'm not really impressed by that chess game even in the LN but i think that's good enough. Now i wonder how epic the next game will be, since just by reading about it already made my jaw drop.

Dat objections lol :v

Sora's speech about being the weakest is really impressive.

Next Objective : Defeat the God !
Apr 30, 2014 9:15 AM

May 2013
The both became kings now. The speech they gave was really nice too.
Apr 30, 2014 9:15 AM

Jun 2013
That speech was awesome. i can confidently say that Sora is a badass.
Apr 30, 2014 9:20 AM

Jun 2008
Would have loved, if the whole chess game was held in a room with all the spectators in it, like in the novel...
Ah well. At least Kurami's tears were delicious ^^

Also, I'm glad they didn't cut anything noticeable from Sora's speech.
And in the novels, Tet appeared in front of all the ministers of internal affairs, which could have made things a bit more interesting, but time constraints, I guess.
Apr 30, 2014 9:20 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah, no game no life never dissapoints ne
Apr 30, 2014 9:22 AM

Aug 2007
Glorious ep was glorious. The way the game ended and I even got more Phoenix Wright style 'hold it' and 'objections' references. :D The speech Sora made was amazing and them talking to Tet even felt like last episode vibes yet we are still on ep 4. I'm already hooked I'm excited for where it goes from here with the next episode.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 30, 2014 9:28 AM
Feb 2014
Im not liking stephanie she;s getting quite annoying
nevertheless good episode the speech was grand and i'm excited for the Blank vs Tet showdown in the future
I only read books i have already read
Apr 30, 2014 9:30 AM

Mar 2014
Good episode 5/5.
Up until now (4 eps) the only really irritating thing was the game with Kurumi.
Kurumi crying was fun.
I look forward to intelligent games with actual rules, not guesses.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Apr 30, 2014 9:32 AM

Oct 2011
Holy crap those last few minutes are gonna burn someone's retinas.

Only 2 more weeks until best girl arrives.
Apr 30, 2014 9:33 AM

Aug 2010
Epic stuff. Really! Tears of happiness :*)

Although the game was won in a meh kind of way, who cares. What followed made up for it completely :D And the nxt game will more than make up for it as well XD Now that will be mind blowing >.<

Dem Kurami tears were delicious :3

Lol'd at how Sora refused to be king without Shiro and how she objected because he'd go and make a harem XD Shiro is kawaii <3 Sora saying "Wait a second my sister" was funny. Loving his Engrish hehe

Lol'd so much at how equal Shiro and Sora really are hahahaha. 500 rounds and it's a draw. And their lifetime score hahaha 3526744 games and a tie in overall scores lolololol XD How many games have these 2 played together XD

The way Sora and Shiro handled the economy of Imanity with the E-Books they have was so hilarious XD If only life was so simple XD

DAT SPEECH!!!!!! The OST was great too. I felt so friggin HYPED!!! To think Sora is actually a hikkikomori :O It's impossible man hahaha. All it takes is Imouto power.

The way they announced war on every country in the world and that they'll be taking back their borders was so DAMN AMAZING!!!

Loved the way he described their progress...from a crappy room to Steph's room to the royal room hehe.

And finally the scene with Tet. That was so amazing. Gotta love these siblings. Thanking Tet for being reborn into this world and loving how it's the hardest setting possible. They really do belong here :D

So for now...nxt goal, Conquer the world XD So simple XD [ ] FTW!!!

Nxt up Doggy Steph :3 Can't wait hahaha. Jibril is closing up >.<
Apr 30, 2014 9:36 AM

Jul 2013
liking it ^_^

this sealed it, best animes this season
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 30, 2014 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
4 episodes amd not for 1 minute it failed to be great...

I just really hope they dont make a anime original ending... leave room for a second season please, even if take several years to be made.

I'm usually not so against orginal anime endings, specially when the orginal source is not completely done, but this time something tells me the magic is all in the LN's... might be wrong though
Apr 30, 2014 9:39 AM

Jan 2014
Loving this anime... I can't wait for the next episode. Hoping steph becomes useful.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Apr 30, 2014 9:39 AM

Nov 2012
This anime just keeps getting better and better the way everything is set up like a giant Chess game. This is the best fantasy world I've ever seen.
Apr 30, 2014 9:42 AM

Sep 2011
Yea, this series(for now at least) is definitely the best one we have going on. Good story, interesting progression. I just hope they don't stagnate and forget the story, but realistically make him fight the other nations rulers. Hopefully it all works out.
Apr 30, 2014 9:48 AM

Aug 2011
Now this is really getting interesting^^
Apr 30, 2014 9:49 AM

Apr 2013
Epic episode to say the least. Sora is a f'n badass and the combo of him and Shiro (moe incarnate) is just pure gold. Hopefully all the next "battles" will be just as interesting as this chess game was. That speech was legendary although not quite on the level of Bill Pullman's Independence Day speech but honestly what is? And I loved the setup with Tet at the end.

This is definitely the best show that we have going on this season so far imo minus the Virtual Boy retina burning that occurs when I watch too many episodes in a row. The only thing is that this will take a loooooooong time to finish for sure which I hope means a second season :)

Also, are their official translations of the LNs or just fan translations?
dankzelApr 30, 2014 12:04 PM
Apr 30, 2014 9:50 AM

Jan 2009
Truly amazing fantasy world!

Apr 30, 2014 9:53 AM

Sep 2013
The goal to be King was completed in 2 episodes.. Let's see how long it takes to be God.
Apr 30, 2014 9:53 AM

Dec 2013
Another great Episode. I was so hyped after this speech and I like it how Sora always gets so badass and bossy when he wins a game. Also I'm looking forward to the battle against Ted.
I nearly had a hard attack when he said he could handle everything so good because he's done this at Civ too. :D
YrielApr 30, 2014 9:58 AM
Apr 30, 2014 10:07 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
damn... I love this anime
Apr 30, 2014 10:11 AM
Dec 2012
It was as epic as the other episode up til down!

And they left the Civilization series reference! I freaking love NGNL. To bad that there is a whole week to the next episode.
Apr 30, 2014 10:18 AM

Apr 2010
So now he did the obvious and declared war on the rest of the world and honestly i can't wait to see more of it.
This is exactly what i have been waiting for it's been a while since i had so much fun watching an anime.

Kurami crying was unexpected still it was nice to see her soft side hope we get to see more of it.
And Stephanie being in panic again after the decision which was made by Shiro and Sora to declare war was funny as well.
The main question now is how will the other races react.
Apr 30, 2014 10:19 AM

Jan 2014
That speech was awesome. Hail Sora :D
Apr 30, 2014 10:20 AM

Feb 2012
I love Steph's reactions on crazy things that Sora and Shiro take casually.
Apr 30, 2014 10:26 AM

Sep 2013
"I don't like the way you think" basically every argument ever.

Stephanie in maid dress <3 and next time as a doggy ;)

Flugel have a thirst for knowledge huh, guess what thirst I have "wink wink" :D

The ending bit was funny with Sora's voice lmfao
Apr 30, 2014 10:29 AM
Feb 2014
And another great episode, the pacing is good so far not to fast nor stale :D

The speech was really epic and just how I hoped it would be.

Also nice that we got a few glances on the other people Blank will play with.
Apr 30, 2014 10:32 AM

Apr 2013
I thought the speech was a little bit on the cheesy side, but I still liked it and felt a bit hyped afterwards.

Nice to see wisdom and knowledge getting recognized as true power for once and not like always your shounen-style "I need to be the strongest!"-stuff. How they handled the economy-problems with solutions from the real world was cool.

Tet is pretty awesome.
Apr 30, 2014 10:35 AM

Oct 2011
Those tears from Kurumi.

Objection !!!!!! OMG Sora and Shiro playing dat game for days. XDDDDD

OMG Dat EPIC SPEECH!!! Goosebumps all over my body

Challenging Tet EPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIICCCCCCCC

I want to go to this world NOW!!!!!!!
Apr 30, 2014 10:36 AM

Nov 2013
Really good episode. Don't know if I like this or Black Bullet better this season. We shall see!
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Apr 30, 2014 10:39 AM

Mar 2014
Great episode!

Sora and Shiro is just so awesome and funny (^_^)

The animation and games is great so far.

The knowledge and wisdom "power" feels somewhat new and nice at the same time.
Apr 30, 2014 10:42 AM

Mar 2014
Well played, Sora, well played.
I would like to know how he gets all his knowledge though, since he's a NEET and games all day. I assume he went through the school system though.

If there's more fanservice from Steph, I might die from blood loss.
Apr 30, 2014 10:45 AM

May 2007
I just watched the first 4 episodes, it was so damn entertaining. I wonder what Kurumi/Clammy's next plan will be?

Great King speech lol, I hope something significant happens in the next episode as well.

The only thing that sucks about this series is that it's only going to be 12 episodes, so we've already watched 1/3 of it. I hope there's a 2nd season.
Apr 30, 2014 11:00 AM

Jan 2014
What an awesome episode. Sora's awesomeness+Shiro's cuteness=EPICNESS
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2014 11:04 AM

Jul 2013
Awesome speech! Now things are getting interesting. Wonder what race they're going to fight first?
Apr 30, 2014 11:04 AM

Jul 2009
When you consider that in their inauguration/crowning ceremony speech they managed to :
1) Decrease morale by mentioning their weakness ,
2) Increase morale to the max by proclaiming that weakness is a strength and,
3) Declare war on every other single nation in existence,
it was a good speech.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 30, 2014 11:22 AM

Mar 2012
BEST SPEECH IN ANIME EVER.

Those guys really do represent humanity and Gamers all over the world.

We are Weak but what we lack in power we make up with wisdom and adaptability.

The Animation is crazy but great. Tet I wish u were the god of our world. OST splendid, Character effing A, This is by far the best show of the season and quite possibly the best show of the year.
Apr 30, 2014 11:29 AM

Aug 2012
No complaints here. This show is awesome. Everything it's trying to do is working like a charm.
Apr 30, 2014 11:44 AM

Oct 2007
Nobody has any sort of criticism to offer over this episode? Okay I'll go then. It pretty much looks like this show really has exhausted it's premise already as is prone to happen with LN stories upon conclusion of their volume/arc. Just really nothing remarkable about this episode again and the main pair continues to be annoying and one note in personality and interaction with others. Can't buy how they're supposed to be loser HikkiNeets either when they pretty much succeed at everything they try to do be it speech making, policy, competing against others in games. It's just such a blatant power fantasy too and you even have Stephanie now reduced to a fan service cheerleader for the duo, not that she was ever a particularly great character in the first place, but that more or less ends her development as a character and really it just looks like everything in this show exists to enable the two MC's at the end of the day. Just gives it a feeling of utter pointlessness, like the show has been spinning it's heels in repeatedly pointing out how awesome [] is and how they never ever lose. It makes the brother sister duo from Mahouka look positively mortal and flawed by comparison.

I'd be able to forgive the show a little if it used all of this well and to good effect as comedy or had anything resembling a sense of irony, but the humor is primarily still of the reference and ecchi variety and it looks like it's playing it's premise entirely straight. Just kind of an unremarkable show outside of the production Madhouse is giving it which continues to be all that stands out about it to me. Way to many style over substance anime these days, but I suppose it's far from the worst example of that.
PeacingOutApr 30, 2014 11:51 AM
Apr 30, 2014 11:57 AM

Jan 2014
Tet is so cute!!!!!! xD
Apr 30, 2014 12:04 PM

Jul 2013
I just realized that blank is such a stupid name.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2014 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Nobody has any sort of criticism to offer over this episode? Okay I'll go then. It pretty much looks like this show really has exhausted it's premise already as is prone to happen with LN stories upon conclusion of their volume/arc. Just really nothing remarkable about this episode again and the main pair continues to be annoying and one note in personality and interaction with others. Can't buy how they're supposed to be loser HikkiNeets either when they pretty much succeed at everything they try to do be it speech making, policy, competing against others in games. It's just such a blatant power fantasy too and you even have Stephanie now reduced to a fan service cheerleader for the duo, not that she was ever a particularly great character in the first place, but that more or less ends her development as a character and really it just looks like everything in this show exists to enable the two MC's at the end of the day. Just gives it a feeling of utter pointlessness, like the show has been spinning it's heels in repeatedly pointing out how awesome [] is and how they never ever lose. It makes the brother sister duo from Mahouka look positively mortal and flawed by comparison.

I'd be able to forgive the show a little if it used all of this well and to good effect as comedy or had anything resembling a sense of irony, but the humor is primarily still of the reference and ecchi variety and it looks like it's playing it's premise entirely straight. Just kind of an unremarkable show outside of the production Madhouse is giving it which continues to be all that stands out about it to me. Way to many style over substance anime these days, but I suppose it's far from the worst example of that.

I actually do feel the need to say that Stephanie even while not great has lost potential to become a decent character. It should be noted that when not together though both Sora and Shiro are nothing, so to say they're op is an overstatement to me. Not only because of this but if this game world had been only slightly different "as in there could be actual battles" neither one of them would probably fair well. Again though, because of the shows premise of them being reborn in the world they're meant to be in, it wouldn't make sense for them to agree to go to such a world if it didn't suit them.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Apr 30, 2014 12:18 PM

Mar 2012
Look like Jibril is next episode. Thing will be better with her in the picture.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 30, 2014 12:22 PM
Aug 2009
"No, I'm actually relieved it's not some noble reason like saving humanity" - In my opinion, I do believe this is the best line in the entire episode and rather understated too seeing as how no body has mentioned it yet. Sora and Shiro were made to be the best characters in the show for obvious reasons but Tet I believe quite literally steals the show when he pops up, or at the very least is equal in terms with Kohaku... I loved his playful side when he went God? in the first episode, but his subtle challenges which hints at a far more intricate character is just too awesome. Too bad Tet will mostly be a side character for the time being seeing as how sekai seifuku comes first.

Edit: Tet is awfully mean now that I think about it, first he drops them in the middle of no where and now he traps them on top of a clock tower? Can't he put them back at least? But meh, its Tet, all is forgiven...
clannadloverApr 30, 2014 12:25 PM
Apr 30, 2014 12:24 PM

Mar 2014
Tet is so awesome.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 30, 2014 12:29 PM

Dec 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:

They are both geniuses so it shouldn't surprising that they at least understand the problems of the country and its not like they were inspired with new ideas when they introduced the "crop-rotation" and such, but they are using information from their world and introducing it. All they are doing is copying what they read or played, like during the chess game where at the end the enemy King is assassinated. That scenario he read from the "earth's" history. He treats rule the country itself like a game and leaves the actual ruling to Step and the government officials.

The supposed success at whatever they do is somewhat believable as well since they told Step to handle the actual ruling and they are just playing games as NEETs do on that throne of theirs. When faced with actual problems they pulled out their tablet and looked for an answer in the digital books and just introduced things that are present in modern society. And i point out that they are fkn geniuses that know 16 languages and did not learn per say but deciphered languages in order to use.

They do also have flaws though its not explained well in the anime; if you separate the siblings they no longer function as people when Sora is pushed outta the room from the first episode. At the end of ep four you also see the public speaking problem show up again, but when Shiro supports him he braves it out. You must note that they are NEETs because they are geniuses and severely bullied at school, and you know how anime goes to the extreme at school bullying. It was to the point that they could only live by latching on to each other that they wouldn't kill themselves.

As the story continues into the warbeast arc their vices should make itself more clear as long as the anime doesn't butcher it.
Apr 30, 2014 12:30 PM

Dec 2013
I think it's good episode, now action started.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.