Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 27, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2012
the alien duo remind me of team rocket from pokemon... idk why LOOOL

a bit confusing of an episode but decent. I just can't seem to remember the mecha terms yet.
Apr 27, 2014 2:08 PM

Aug 2012
mayukachan said:
the alien duo remind me of team rocket from pokemon... idk why LOOOL
that introduction
Apr 27, 2014 2:54 PM

Jul 2010
Close to dropping this and the next episode preview looks awful.
Apr 27, 2014 4:21 PM

Jul 2012
I was screaming at them to shoot the damn crepe truck, but noooo. Go ahead and let them get set up in their mobile weapon and shoot you first before you do anything. Wtf lmao
Apr 27, 2014 5:23 PM

Jun 2013
This is legitimately one of the worst shows I've seen in my entire life.
Apr 27, 2014 11:49 PM
Feb 2014
definitely one of the most stupid military base and antagonist ever seen..

the base gate is always open, only one guard at gate (and one behind the computer), how can no one suspecting big flashy crepe truck just go in like that?

and the enemy, why he need to come closer (only to get shot by daichi) while his weapon is gun? this is not samurai duel right?

they really ignoring "3 episode" rules..i know it's 2 cour but IMO they not set anything solid in the first 4 eps
Apr 28, 2014 2:23 AM
Jul 2011
NonStopRoad said:

the base gate is always open, only one guard at gate (and one behind the computer), how can no one suspecting big flashy crepe truck just go in like that?

and the enemy, why he need to come closer (only to get shot by daichi) while his weapon is gun? this is not samurai duel right?

they really ignoring "3 episode" rules..i know it's 2 cour but IMO they not set anything solid in the first 4 eps

Agreed, what happened in the base didn't make any sense at all and it really breaks my immersion in the show.
But I will continue to watch and hopes it gets better...
Apr 28, 2014 4:43 AM

Apr 2014
NonStopRoad said:

See that why I facepalmed during many of the ridiculous scenes in this episode
Apr 28, 2014 5:33 AM
Jan 2010
PREPARE FOR TROUBLE
MAKE IT DOUBLE

except delivered in a shitty way + cliche shounen grinning which makes my blood boil
2/10
Apr 28, 2014 5:41 AM

Jan 2011
"only 2 of us, how to attack enemy's base?"

"no worries, we have a mecha in out truck"

defeated by a kid with a handgun...
Apr 28, 2014 7:21 AM

May 2009
ex_necross said:

Elfen Lied 10, Deadman Wonderland 10, Valvrave 9.
I have no words.
Apr 28, 2014 8:20 AM

Apr 2014
bastek66 said:
ex_necross said:

I have no words.

Still better than this. Akari is basically the only one saving this crap.
Apr 28, 2014 8:34 AM

Jun 2008
This show wants me to take villains seriously when quality of their schemes is basically Team Rocket or early one-episode Sailor Moon villains?
Still, I like Amara. Moco is a walking cliche.

It's sad how Daichi went from fairly unique, relatable protagonist from the first half of episode one (when he was thinking about how reading about his interest isn’t considered learning, and how something may be wrong with him) to a standard determined shonen hero with power of friendship. His behavior bothers me a lot, it's not realistic at all. And he succeedes, of course, and saves the day when everyone else (save Akari) is helpless and just stares from the sidelines.
So far only interesting characters for me are Teppei, Akari and Nishikubo. Hana is okay, but I feel she's more like a prop for now. I find her squirrel really irritating.
Apr 28, 2014 9:44 AM

Oct 2009
Dem belly buttons ;3!!
I wish someone would give me a belly button forte every time I feel down T_T

I enjoyed it but like everyone said this feels like Team Rocket blasting off every episode.
Apr 28, 2014 10:00 AM
Jan 2011
Man, those Kiltgang duo are BA.
Apr 28, 2014 11:06 AM

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:
ex_necross said:

I have no words.
you really arent helping, what good is any of that gonna do, your just gonna further alienate the people who dislike this whilst simultaneously make yourself and those that like this look like complete assholes
JizzyHitlerApr 28, 2014 5:49 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 28, 2014 4:18 PM

Oct 2011
So many questions. Hope it's later revealed.
Apr 28, 2014 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
I don't understand how they got past the guard at the entrance in the first place. So they somehow remotely fooled the camera without the security system noticing that it got tampered with. They also remotely deactivated that before actually hacking. And they somehow hacked the whole security system. Even if that guy has a full fledged computer, a connection to HQ and a way to enter stuff like a terminal..

And here i thought the portrait computer interaction in anime got quite realistic lately. Heck, some are that detailed that you can find out the Windows version they are using. But this..

And to top it off: How did they get out of the car and inside the (probably locked) room without him noticing that they are opening the doors, running around, opening the door etc.? Was he supposed to be *that* focused on her boobs?

Well, belly button forte and "logical logical" saved the episode.
Apr 28, 2014 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
The last couple of weeks I've been defending this anime in hopes it would turn out better, but this episode was terrible... oh well there is still hope!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2014 12:38 AM

Feb 2011
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was kinda interesting. Amara and Moco are on the move against using their skills. Shit, a virus attack this time too..

I thought the latest episode was neat actually. Those two are pretty damn daring on missions. Still, I thought Daichi was more daring and really took that with his own hands. Nice.

This is a decent episode so far. I knew it that they did hid a robot in that fruit creme truck haha
Apr 29, 2014 2:26 AM

Jun 2013
bastek66 said:
ex_necross said:

I have no words.

WTF? I have Deadman wonderland at 5. It was mediocre at best.

Valvrave was definitely one of the better mecha to release in the past few years, and in almost every way better than this.

Elfen lied needs no defending.

Now that I think of it, I do remember you bitching on every Valvrave episode thread back then lol. Why didn't you just drop it instead of always coming back to bitch more, when you clearly didn't like it? Should have dropped it, like I'm doing for this.
ex_necrossApr 29, 2014 2:33 AM
Apr 29, 2014 3:12 AM

May 2009
ex_necross said:
Valvrave was definitely one of the better mecha to release in the past few years, and in almost every way better than this.

Now that I think of it, I do remember you bitching on every Valvrave episode thread back then lol. Why didn't you just drop it instead of always coming back to bitch more, when you clearly didn't like it? Should have dropped it, like I'm doing for this.

Elfen Lied as one biggest turds indeed doesn't need defending.
I watched Valvrave because it was entertaining. Not good, sometimes close to garbage, with shit epilogue but still entartaining mess.
Apr 29, 2014 5:50 AM

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:
ex_necross said:

Elfen Lied as one biggest turds indeed doesn't need defending.
I watched Valvrave because it was entertaining. Not good, sometimes close to garbage, with shit epilogue but still entartaining mess.
holy fuck just stop this dude, your opinion isnt a fact, quit acting like it is.

just because your so insecure about people disliking or liking things you do/dont doesnt mean you need to let everyone on this forum know

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 29, 2014 6:05 AM

May 2009
JizzyHitler said:
]holy fuck just stop this dude, your opinion isnt a fact, quit acting like it is.

But where I imply it's fact?
Apr 29, 2014 10:29 AM

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:
JizzyHitler said:
]holy fuck just stop this dude, your opinion isnt a fact, quit acting like it is.

But where I imply it's fact?
dont play coy, you know what your doing and pretending you didnt just shove your views onto others isnt helping. You cant accept that necross doesnt like the series so you feel the need to insult his views by bringing up shows he likes and laughing at them as if there is something inherently wrong to liking them.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 29, 2014 7:44 PM

Apr 2011
Don't know about you guys but I find this anime highly entertaining. Sure, there's still a lot of questions, but I believe it'll slowly get tied up together as the anime progresses. For now, I like the way it's going :)
Apr 30, 2014 9:19 AM

Jul 2010
That fanservice, thanks Bones (in every way you want to see it). Your work is always appreciated.
Apr 30, 2014 5:02 PM

Oct 2010
I am so confused by so many things in this series......
Apr 30, 2014 5:35 PM

Jan 2014
NwAurion said:
I don't understand how they got past the guard at the entrance in the first place. So they somehow remotely fooled the camera without the security system noticing that it got tampered with. They also remotely deactivated that before actually hacking. And they somehow hacked the whole security system. Even if that guy has a full fledged computer, a connection to HQ and a way to enter stuff like a terminal..

And here i thought the portrait computer interaction in anime got quite realistic lately. Heck, some are that detailed that you can find out the Windows version they are using. But this..

And to top it off: How did they get out of the car and inside the (probably locked) room without him noticing that they are opening the doors, running around, opening the door etc.? Was he supposed to be *that* focused on her boobs?

Well, belly button forte and "logical logical" saved the episode.
Well for starters they are freaking aliens, so maybe they can pull a stunt or two, enough to get past two guards but not enough to get past an antipersonel system, right?

I do like Amara and Moco, I've found their attack pretty bold, and two of them attacking the entire base, shows they have little fear whatsoever. Well they still ran away and stuff.

Anyway as for confusions I guess we can clear some things, for starters:

1) There are many groups, namely Globe, the Ark Faction, Salty Dog (which seems part of Ark Faction) and such that are pretty aware of the Killtgangs and want to face them/use them for their own agendas.

2) The Killtgangs have an Avatar which is their human forms, this form as seen from the havoc Amara and Moco pulled out, isn't necesarily superhuman but can pull a trick or too to get where they want.

3) Their TRUE forms are the mechas, and their goal is for THIS form to reach Earth, because once that happens they win and humanity loses. How? I have no idea, but it goes on the lines of them using humans as food, maybe some sort of Life Fiber-esque devouring power of sorts? Also based on how they claim humans "want" this, it seems the guy that talks to talking-computer has some instrumentality plan of sorts?

4) Based on the above, it seems their true forms are on a different location than their avatars and can only be awakened using these Machine Goodfellow cockpits, right?

That's pretty much what we can grasp right?
May 1, 2014 8:00 PM

Jul 2013
This show needs more Akari.
I thought Team Rocket the bad guys were somewhere on space and not down on Earth.
Lastly what's up with this libido hunt ?
No wonder they come from "Uranus", heh.
JoksPacifistMay 1, 2014 8:03 PM
May 2, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2013
Okay, this episode was so stupid for some reason. First, HOW THE FUCK DID THEY GOT ON EARTH? Is it so easy to get on Earth for them? Then why not fucking invading the Earth? They seem way more powerful than human.

Second, assaulting a base with shop-truck, seriously? That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen (well, no, I'm exagerating).

Thirdly, is the security of a high-tech base that shitty? What was doing that face detector, didn't they find it odd that a random food truck was trying to get in a military base? And why virus in anime always look so dumb and so easy to counter?

Damn, that seriously wasn't the best episode by now :/
It felt so incoherent and confusing. They attacked an enemy base only to have small chat with a guy they only seem to know by name? Again, that was fucking stupid.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 3, 2014 8:45 AM
Jan 2014
They were on earth to begin with.
May 3, 2014 5:21 PM

Sep 2011
finally got to watch the episode after putting it off for a week, im astonished at how dumb people are being with the "how did they get to earth" complaint, they've been on earth the entire time its been pretty fucking clear since ep 1 that they were, yet another case of, a show doesnt outright spoonfeed you its bad

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 3, 2014 11:55 PM

Aug 2012
I'm enjoying it and it's lot of fun to watch, but it's killing me with all the strange terms.
It had better explain at least half of them along the way.

Oh and to all those confused about them either being in space or on earth:the villains were apparently on earth, but their mechs ('kiltgangs") or whatever are in space and they somehow "become" (psychic/spirit control?) them like Teppei did in the 3rd episode.
Oh and apparently something bad will happen if they make it to earth with them.
May 6, 2014 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode not striking, however it has a good pace and the plot is developed with calm. I would not complain too easy raid on the base, you could say so many good things in his defense.
The important thing is that the atmosphere which will result by the story you are creating little by little, is I like that.
The enemy, perhaps because of its Costume Design from the impresione not to be so bad, one of the most badass would give a different aura.
Drawings and animations discrete, the work of the Bones is quality, as can be seen in the scenarios.
I notice that on MAL, there are a few fans of mecha series, due to the low value of the vote.
What a shame ...
May 11, 2014 6:37 PM

May 2012
04:25 doutte... ii yo!

04:34 dat A

07:16 bowow

08:23 uchuujin da ne

09:27 pit!!

14:20 go, Sandaa!!

20:06 wuttt

Ekkusupando!
7.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 14, 2014 2:40 AM

Aug 2013
Belly button forte. Belly button forte. Belly button forte. Honestly I thought she said mezzo forte and my mind just went somewhere and... yeah XD!

Those two kiltgangs are definitely related to Team Rocket. I just can't take them seriously.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 14, 2014 2:08 PM
May 2014
Great episode! Can't wait to catch up on the rest.
Jun 6, 2014 8:39 PM

Aug 2013
Akari is the best character by far! :)
My Candies:
Jun 10, 2015 10:40 AM

Jun 2008
A3ead said:
bastek66 said:

Are you new to mecha genre?

I haven't seen much but I am not completely new, I've seen Code Geass, Gundam 00 and FMP (if you consider it a mecha, I don't) and maybe others that I forgot about.
I am not asking about where is this going because I know that it is until much later for that to be revealed, but I just want to know what the hell are they talking about? who are they and who are they fighting? I don't even want the reason, I just want to know who ! I believe I am supposed to know that by the 5th episode right?

It's all about the bellybuttons dude.
Sep 21, 2022 11:56 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Pretty nice, so Teppei lost his memories and used to be one of the bad guys at first? So then what is the girl?
And the hacker girl is quite good too, I wonder if she should be going home like that. Could get dangerous for her.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.