Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 26, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was kinda interesting. Amara and Moco are on the move against using their skills. Shit, a virus attack this time too..

I thought the latest episode was neat actually. Those two are pretty damn daring on missions. Still, I thought Daichi was more daring and really took that with his own hands. Nice.
Apr 26, 2014 11:33 AM

May 2009
Lots of vagina Bones in this episode.
Apr 26, 2014 11:43 AM

Aug 2010
Good episode :)

Three belly buttons in one ep :3 Akari is really such a tease XD

She was friggin BA diffusing the virus that easily ^^ Loving this girl.

Liked the scene where Daichi gave the pendant again since Teppei surprised him XD

I'm still wondering about the terminologies those Kiltgang are using? Like Newteny and a few others. Seems like Daichi's Lacklaster(?) is more special than first expected?

Well pretty good action this ep.

Nxt ep Teppei's clone?
Apr 26, 2014 11:43 AM

Nov 2007
lol@cheer up belly dance!

Adults sensing HiroC's character being part of the enemy in the past. The enemy pair got into the place and only the pet notices it. She eventually hacked the computer system. So he Really WAS enemy but lost his memory.

Exchange of that pendant again?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 26, 2014 11:51 AM

May 2013
Akari trying to cheer up Daichi in her own way lol. And she was able to get rid of the virus. She is pretty awesome.
Apr 26, 2014 12:03 PM
Apr 2013
Is this it? Is this the next anime I drop this season?

It's been consistently BORING since episode 1 and I've only stayed around for the pwiddy art and yummy music.

What do I do? M3's first episode sucked balls as well, and it's only Sidonia no Kishi and (surprisingly) Dai Shogun that are stopping me from thinking the mecha genre sucks donkey scrote.

What to do, what to do...

Apr 26, 2014 1:05 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That belly button dance does have a medicinal effect on more than one spectator.

I wish they wouldn't be so cryptic with their info dumps. Being all mysterious about the plot works well when the dialogue and characterizations are tight and well directed. They're not in Captain Earth. Still gorgeous looking show and I'm hoping for it to pick up soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 26, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 2014
So far we only see those two aliens, I hope they will show more soon, or else it can become boring :|
Akari's pretty awesome haha, those computer skills
Apparently Teppei has some lost memories
Apr 26, 2014 1:19 PM
Mar 2012
That belly button scene was the highlight of the episode. After that was the terrorist actions of the aliens.
Apr 26, 2014 1:27 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Akari trying to cheer up Daichi with her Belly Button Forte was hilarious. XD

Oh, so Teppei is a Kiltgang too?! O.o
Seems like he lost his memory of being on the enemy side..

Since Teppei was badass saving the Earth Engine, Daichi gives the pendant to him again. :)

Kiltgang infiltrates the HQ. They seem to know everything about Teppei..

Akari was badass; getting rid of the intrusion system!

Daichi was impressive once again; being able to summon his Livlaster and damaging that huge mecha.

Kiltgang believe Teppei will eventually turn bad once again. I hope not..

A pro hacker, a potentially great pilot, an unknown progeny (tenshi) and a former Kitgang.
Those 4 makes an awesome team.

Good episode. So, which one was the best belly button? XD

More actions next episode. Another Teppei-looking guy appears!

Apr 26, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2014
lol facepalmed so many times
Apr 26, 2014 2:09 PM

Aug 2007
Not bad this episode leaves possibilities for future stuff. Will Teppei fall to his urges and go back like Amara and Moco said?
Apr 26, 2014 2:47 PM

Apr 2013
belly button forte

good episode
Apr 26, 2014 2:59 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
So, we can easily assume that Teppei will become a traitor in the future.
Apr 26, 2014 3:14 PM

Nov 2012
Akari and her Belly Button Forte,hnggg.
http://imgur.com/eyHZT3l

Teppei is a kiltgang.

Teppei=Alaya.Almost certain the banished prince of the alien race.

Livlaster Tanegashima?Neoteny?More questions.

Teppei lookalike.Can't tell if it's a girl or boy?
VanishingKiraApr 26, 2014 3:21 PM
Apr 26, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2009
The show started weak but I quite enjoyed this episode.
Apr 26, 2014 3:35 PM
Aug 2013
For an organisation dedicated to saving the world who have their own space station, Globe's on-the-ground military presence is pretty terrible. The most likely scenario for a ground attack they'll have to defend against involves an armoured robot the size of a house, and the biggest guns they have lying around are machine guns. And the HQ people have to personally run to the site of the breach? I mean, sure, they had like four guys show up as backup when they burst in the room but still.

Also, on the ground floor right next to the outer wall is literally the worst place to put an interrogation room, which is what the room Teppei's in is said to be.

Are the two Kiltgang people literally the only members of the actual bad guys, and the other people we were seeing with the AI and that are just pulling strings or something? Because otherwise having those two guys be the ones who storm the compound on the ground is pretty dumb. Basically, it's a budget problem all over the place both on the part of GLOBE (ran out of money, have no tanks), the villains (also can't afford tanks, or apparently even a few henchmen), and the studio (couldn't afford to put mooks on the screen).

Wow, that got to sound pretty mad - I kind of thought about the reasons as I went along from what was initially just a nitpick.

Seriously though, I liked it overall, setting up some drama later with Teppei and also allowing Daichi-kun a chance to be badass.
You are not the king of your brain. You are the creepy guy standing next to the king going "a most judicious choice, sire" - Steven Kaas
Apr 26, 2014 3:49 PM

Jul 2013
entertaining episode. teppei and hana are interesting characters. kinda hope that blue haired dude and pink haired girl aren't the only villains in this.

globe's military kinda stinks. you'd think they'd have a plan if there were intruders. also, why are they relying on akari to get rid of the viruses? don't they have an IT section?

this show is really starting to pick up. akari's dance was great and those crepes looked good
Apr 26, 2014 4:20 PM

Jan 2009
animation quality dropped in this episode but its mediocre episode anyway
Apr 26, 2014 5:26 PM

Jan 2014
I really enjoyed this episode, and the end was great with Daichi seemingly activating his latent power again. I'm not too worried about not knowing terminology (ie, neutony) or full explanations on some of these backgrounds. It's only four episodes in, and surely there will be sufficient explaining and connecting. It's not a masterpiece by any means but I've been thoroughly enjoying each episode's sort of slice of life feel tossed in the mecha. 3.5/5 episode
Apr 26, 2014 5:36 PM
Oct 2010
This episode was really bad, and some of the scenes were so cringeworthy. BTW how did the kitlgang people get on earth without people noticing?
Apr 26, 2014 5:41 PM
Feb 2014
This light nature episode with slice of life stuff is pretty good.
And they expan-doh a great deal with characters and less info dumping.
Great episode!

I knew something was going to be a gif already lol

This 'four people' and more shakespeare references. Midsummer Night's Dream the anime with robots! Awesome :D
sephatuApr 26, 2014 6:28 PM
Apr 26, 2014 6:07 PM
Aug 2013
skudoops said:
This episode was really bad, and some of the scenes were so cringeworthy. BTW how did the kitlgang people get on earth without people noticing?

Well, if you're just talking about this episode, I think they were already on Earth somewhere just like Teppei, except their "real bodies" haven't been able to reach Earth. I think they're being housed by the obviously-evil corporation with the AI (was it "Macbeth?") that built the cockpit-things they and Teppei each use to access their giant robot bodies.

Going from that, probably that organization is planning a kind of Instrumentality thing which is what they were referring to when they talked about eating people's "libido". I mean this isn't the kind of show where when the kiltgang gets to Earth it'll reveal a big toothy mouth and start physically devouring the human population.
You are not the king of your brain. You are the creepy guy standing next to the king going "a most judicious choice, sire" - Steven Kaas
Apr 26, 2014 6:17 PM

Dec 2010
We're diving more into the mythos of the series, and I'm glad. Plus it was nice to have a more information heavy episode, and less mecha fighting. Daichi's reaction to Akari's and Moco's belly buttons was the funny part xD

Also, I'm liking how we are getting Shakespeare references thrown in for good measure. First Puck, and now Macbeth. I wonder how they will factor into the plot?
Apr 26, 2014 6:37 PM

May 2009
Good episode. Story progresses at slow pace but I don't mind. Tons of foreshadowing with Shakespeare-related terms, mostly from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
skudoops said:

They were there whole time. They used machine to teleport their real forms into space. This is their base. http://i.imgur.com/Ct44L9Z.jpg
Apr 26, 2014 6:41 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode, with some SoL and that belly button forte...
More questions than ever, but I'm glad there is an indication they are trying to assemble all information and hints together to make an interesting development
And Daichi is still really likeable

j0x said:
animation quality dropped in this episode but its mediocre episode anyway

Yes, maybe because of no mecha fight?
Apr 26, 2014 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
Lol at the part where Akari showed Daichi her belly button.

Akari got rid of the virus so easily.
Apr 26, 2014 7:48 PM
Oct 2010
bastek66 said:
Good episode. Story progresses at slow pace but I don't mind. Tons of foreshadowing with Shakespeare-related terms, mostly from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
skudoops said:

They were there whole time. They used machine to teleport their real forms into space. This is their base. http://i.imgur.com/Ct44L9Z.jpg

Why do they enter into their forms so far away from earth then? Teppei did it way closer than they did. If they entered from that close the earth engine wouldn't even get time to form.
Apr 26, 2014 7:54 PM

Jan 2014
The only thing though that I would really love is an epic, brilliantly animated fight scene or just a little more vibrancy in some of the general animation. Could be just me but it felt a little higher quality the first episode, but I'm the farthest from an animation expert. Still very much enjoy this series so far and am curious to see how everything starts to get explained. Probably an info dump episode approaching.
Apr 26, 2014 8:25 PM

May 2009
skudoops said:
Why do they enter into their forms so far away from earth then? Teppei did it way closer than they did. If they entered from that close the earth engine wouldn't even get time to form.

We need to wait for explanation.
Apr 26, 2014 10:13 PM

Jan 2014
This show knows how to do humor well. Akari is gonna be as memorable as Mako was in Kill la Kill, at this rate.

Anyway those Killtgangs are pretty badass, making such a bold move like that and doing as they please, when they please and how they please, causing havoc everywhere even in their human-esque forms? Guys are awesome I love them, and their seiyu are the best D:

I'm gonna enjoy seeing them more, but it seems next episode somebody else will be the enemy. Oh well.
Apr 26, 2014 10:23 PM

Jul 2013
The episode was okay, but it felt too slow paced, as well as the action.

At least those two, Amara and Malkin, still won't give up on getting Teppei. Needs to pick up the pace though.

Apr 26, 2014 11:47 PM

Sep 2013
I really want to like this anime, but why does it seem so boring ;_; I'm hoping things will become more interesting coming soon.

How did the Kitkat gang so easily come into Earth? I thought the whole point of stopping them and intercepting their arrival was so they DONT step a foot on Earth.
Apr 27, 2014 2:59 AM

May 2013
Belly button! Belly Button!

Very interesting episode. Mentioning when Akari saw Moco and her belly, ahahaha. Btw, yes Daichi got action spot here, I love it.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 27, 2014 4:11 AM

Dec 2013
So boring..
Apr 27, 2014 5:46 AM

Oct 2010
bastek66 said:
skudoops said:

We need to wait for explanation.

Personally, I think its because of the defensive systems in place at orbit. Assuming that they would require time to form, the small defensive Impacters could attack them while they're still working on forming so they do so further at a safer location.

Teppei formed closer since he intended to help Daichi and the Impacters there were already destroyed by Amarok earlier anyway. Of course, this is all just a theory.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Apr 27, 2014 6:11 AM

May 2009
Anon1409 said:
So boring..

Are you seriously consider this is boring and Mahouka isn't?
Apr 27, 2014 6:42 AM

Nov 2013
I guess, I am on the villians side, MC is annoying;/ btw the fun thing about villains is that their seyu are married couple :>
sadfacelvApr 27, 2014 6:55 AM
Apr 27, 2014 7:50 AM

Apr 2013
My opinion of Daichi steps up another notch :o

Oh and the adults in this series seem pretty useless rofl.

Apr 27, 2014 7:54 AM

May 2013
I was expecting that they would introduce themselves as Jesse and James.
Apr 27, 2014 7:58 AM

May 2013
So bad it's good.
Apr 27, 2014 7:59 AM

Feb 2014
Am I the only one who still doesn't understand what the hell is going on in this show even after 4 episodes?
If someone asked me what this show is about I will probably just stand there trying to come up with an answer that doesn't make me look like a retard.

Seriously, they don't explain anything and when occasionally they try to explain they use words that nobody understands.
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Apr 27, 2014 8:13 AM

Sep 2013
This episode was like a Mecha version of Pokemon.

Teppei = Pikachu
Daichi = Ash

Villains = Jesse and James

Maybe Akari = Misty?

Villains come up with a scheme to steal Teppei, disguising themselves as ice cream truck workers, sneaking into a facility in a Flashy way, only to have Daichi stop them in the end and cause them to blast off again.
KetenApr 27, 2014 8:21 AM
Apr 27, 2014 8:39 AM

Dec 2011
So Teppei was actually a Kiltgang, that's was very surprising to find out.
Dem belly buttons for those who really love 'em.
So Amarok and Moco stormed the base in order to retrieve Albion as he is one of them.
Daichi really did a good thing showing them who's boss :D.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 27, 2014 9:17 AM

Oct 2011
A3ead said:
Am I the only one who still doesn't understand what the hell is going on in this show even after 4 episodes?
If someone asked me what this show is about I will probably just stand there trying to come up with an answer that doesn't make me look like a retard.

Seriously, they don't explain anything and when occasionally they try to explain they use words that nobody understands.

I don't have a clear idea either.All I know is that they have to stop these guys for some reason.And there a whole bunch of other crap I have no idea about.
In terms of let us viewers have an understand of what's going on,they could have done it better at the beginning.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Apr 27, 2014 9:46 AM

May 2009
A3ead said:

Are you new to mecha genre?
Apr 27, 2014 10:26 AM

Feb 2014
bastek66 said:
A3ead said:

Are you new to mecha genre?

I haven't seen much but I am not completely new, I've seen Code Geass, Gundam 00 and FMP (if you consider it a mecha, I don't) and maybe others that I forgot about.
I am not asking about where is this going because I know that it is until much later for that to be revealed, but I just want to know what the hell are they talking about? who are they and who are they fighting? I don't even want the reason, I just want to know who ! I believe I am supposed to know that by the 5th episode right?
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Apr 27, 2014 10:28 AM

May 2012
Best episode so far. I think I'm starting to like this animes. The previous episodes were somewhat boring.
Apr 27, 2014 10:31 AM

Apr 2013
So much info about their stuff in one episode.
I welcome oheso fanservice as brain remedy.
Apr 27, 2014 10:39 AM

Sep 2010
BELLY BUTTON FORTE

Still clueless as to whats going on but it's awesome anyway
Spring 2014: NANANA WINS ALL.
Check out my blog :) http://castlebell.blogspot.com/
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.