Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2014 10:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That almost looked like a date tbh between Kanade and Sei that is. They have a good chemistry though. Anyways, at this rate, I think each episode will feature one of the guys. I still think Kanade has a lot to learn about herself and others.

Still though, the episode captured more of a light moment with them. And of course we see more of Sei's past too. I kinda expected that.

Apr 19, 2014 2:04 PM

Dec 2011
That was such a fast pickup for Mamoru Miyano's chara. Hahaha. FukuJun's character is really annoying for some reason.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2014 2:18 PM
Mar 2013
The episode was pretty good, but should have Kanade said I like you to a person she met yesterday? Hmm...

But I heard Tsichiura's name! Hopefully a cameo?
Apr 19, 2014 3:17 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode. Sei and Kanade are getting along with each other very well.
Apr 19, 2014 3:34 PM
Mar 2012
Kanade is pretty vulnerable at times.
Apr 19, 2014 4:15 PM

Sep 2012
Kazuki?!

Well that escalated quickly.
Apr 19, 2014 4:54 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That was...quite fast? I mean sure he doesn't really like Kanade (yet?) and is just using her to understand love and bring love into his music but...still a weird development.

Well at least Kanade got herself together (again) and was able to play the piece. Also, Kyouya has a pretty good eye, spotting Kanade like that from below and then bursting into the correct room.
Apr 19, 2014 10:51 PM

Feb 2012
Uhm..... That pacing was very quick. I mean she just met the guy and now they're dating.. So what now, they're a couple? He just announced that he's her girlfriend and they said "I love you" to each other, and they didn't break up in the end... hence, they're still a couple? Kanade is REALLY easy to get, huh?

And seriously, what's with that Reiji guy? He didint have to punch Kyouya in the face just because he was about to touch his violin.. He could've just pushed him away. Talk about attitude problem.

Good episode though.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 19, 2014 11:32 PM

Jul 2012
Ayyyy my homeboy Kazuki this time!

Anyway omg the pace went pretty quickly. This episode made me rage really hard when the romantic progress between her and Sei reset after so much happened. He's a bit pretentious but I like him with MC. Yeah if every episode can keep this up, I'm gonna really like this show.
Apr 20, 2014 12:39 AM

Nov 2013
Yay, Kazuki !!

Well, the music this episode was beautiful.

Not much to say about the episode. The redeeming part of it was the music and Miyano Mamoru's voice. :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2014 1:53 AM

May 2010
Kyoya is probably the most (and only) entertaining character so far.

What just happened? She is already Sei's girlfriend....? Makes me wonder if they are even trying... Kazuki's character design was changed, it was nice to see him though. Thank's God, Kyoya stopped them, it looked like she was just being used for the sake of his music.

I nearly fell asleep due to combined effect of the nice music and boredom.

Slightly better... I guess. 5.25/10
Apr 20, 2014 2:20 AM

Oct 2011
Whaaat. That was too fast Sei. :O

and whoa, Hihara! Hope he appears more~
snufflessApr 20, 2014 2:24 AM
Apr 20, 2014 9:38 AM

Jul 2010
Ugh Reiji is such an asshole I hope he gets defeated big time by Kyouya.

Kanade is such a freaking shoujo main character jfc how meek and submissive/willing/spineless can you get. My god. I kinda lke Sei's character but deciding for someone to date you out of the blue is just strange and kissing someone just to see if you can call in love like that is a no go. But Kanade is also at fault for not having some freaking common sense. Ah well he'll fall in love with her for real soon.

I do wonder who the "main guy" will be, if there'll be one. I'm rooting for Kyouka since I don't like/care for the rest but who knows.

Nice to see Hihara even if it was only for a moment, I really miss the old cast I guess.
Apr 20, 2014 11:47 AM

Jul 2012
Animefanx3 said:
Kanade is such a freaking shoujo main character jfc how meek and submissive/willing/spineless can you get. My god. (...) But Kanade is also at fault for not having some freaking common sense. Ah well he'll fall in love with her for real soon.

THIS. Actually, she's more like a reverse harem MC now... the "eh"s are going nonstop and she's so oblivious to Sei who's trying to get into her pants. lol I hate how she makes no complaints after being dragged around by him for an entire day.
Apr 20, 2014 12:13 PM

Oct 2012
u just met eachother yesterday and ur already confessing ur love, dating, and almost kissing??
this girl...needs to stop getting led around by guys so easily =__=
(either that or im missing some explanations)

Kazuki!~
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Apr 20, 2014 12:24 PM

Jul 2013
the animation in this show stinks and that really messes with my enjoyment. the characters' fingers don't move when they're playing their instruments. the way they hold their bow is wrong and then you get stuff like this- http://imgur.com/AkJXu57

the show is about music and the orchestra but it's shaping up to be an unintentional comedy. the animators haven't taken this show seriously at all.

also, kanade is an awful female mc. she's getting to the point where she'll be as submissive as the amnesia heroine. the kamigami no asobi female mc is a better character.

kyouya is annoying too. he's always whining and yelling. sei seems like a creep
Apr 20, 2014 12:40 PM
Oct 2012
Animefanx3 said:
Ugh Reiji is such an asshole I hope he gets defeated big time by Kyouya.

Doesn't he give off a jealousy vibe? He is jealous that Ritsu thinks more of Kanade's skills than Ritsu thinks of his (that was sort of shown in the first episode). Not saying that it is romance, but definitely he wants Ritsu's attention and respect even if only as a rival.

Poor Ritsu though, can't imagine being a superior musician and then have your body take away your skills.

I would normally agree with the criticism's of Kanade, but I am hoping that her submissive character will start to change as part of the plot. It was established that she spent her whole life being sheltered and praised by everyone in her tiny little part of the world, so her current character is the result of that, but as the card said "is this your limit", that she responded as she did would seem to indicate that she will grow stronger as the show develops, or at least I hope so. Otherwise you all are right and she would suck as a MC.

Kyouya is the typical younger brother who feels inadequate compared to his older brother, he will grow up when he realizes that he has to accomplish the dream that will be taken away from his brother.
Apr 20, 2014 1:53 PM

Dec 2008
Myoga needs to just dig a ditch and die in it.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 20, 2014 2:15 PM

Oct 2013
I bet Myoga Reiji got NTR'd by Kanade in the past. His GF called Trophy went to Kanade's hands and Kanade was enjoying. That's why he's planning to take revenge.
Apr 20, 2014 2:56 PM

Jul 2012
orchidork said:
the animation in this show stinks and that really messes with my enjoyment. the characters' fingers don't move when they're playing their instruments. the way they hold their bow is wrong and then you get stuff like this- http://imgur.com/AkJXu57

thissss
and haha i'm so glad i don't play strings. otherwise i'd get ticked off as much as you guys. when the trumpet and wind players come, i'll be all over their fingerings and valves... :( oh right trombone as well. i wonder how much they'll screw up the accuracy haha

also, yeah rin reiji is annoying but there's always this kind of tsun character that ends up being a total softie.
Apr 21, 2014 11:09 AM
Aug 2011
orchidork said:
the way they hold their bow is wrong and then you get stuff like this- http://imgur.com/AkJXu57

Above the bridge, you're supposed to play above the bridge!
Yeah you kind of have to stop noticing these things or they'll make for a painful watching experience.

Miyano has betrayed me. He used to be the pretty blond viola player but now he's just a blond average-looking creep.

Lol that asshole that punched the other guy and our female MC has already turned into a halfwit with one brain cell.
She said "eh" and "huh" about 50 times here.

Sure I was much more naive when I saw the other Kiniro no Corda but I don't remember it being this dull or the female this clueless.
If you've noticed i've not even bothered to learn their names; that's how little i'm caring for this.
No episode count yet- if it's 1-cour I can try to hold on, but 2-cour is out of the question for me.
The budget and pacing seem like 1-cour material though.

Kazukiiiiiiiiiiiii. He only said one line and it was already the best line of the entire show.
standApr 21, 2014 11:14 AM
Apr 21, 2014 6:52 PM
Sep 2013
for some reason, MC girl reminds me of Haruka/Nanami (?) from UtaPri but without the scary eyes lmao

blond bishounen boy seems pretty messed up atm. probably because he was just using MC girl for her love. in fact, that whole relationship thing is why im reminded of UtaPri. MC stood up for herself as well as a soggy overcooked instant ramen noodle strand when blonde boy told her she was his girlfriend

anyway, this episode was comedy gold. kyoya has basically elected himself daddy kohinata and I find that entirely too amusing
Apr 21, 2014 11:33 PM
Aug 2011
Hmm, I think the story progress quite fine so far. :3 We get to know main female protagonist, some other characters, the story's sweet too.

So far my eyes are set on Kyouya, Reiji, Chiaki and Sei. I mean, I'm not sure about Sei yet, but it's Mamoru! XD

I like all old seiyuu cast, though with different roles, and was surprised of Hihara cameo appearance. Yeey, Hihara-senpai! :3

Miyano-san got a nice role, I like his soothing, gentle voice, Sei reminds me of Shimizu Keiichi, yep. ^^

We shall see, how the story will go on from here on. For me, nothing much happened for now, but I hope that changes with the concur and others mysteries revealed.
Apr 22, 2014 1:08 PM

Oct 2011
Hihara senpai AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hope to see Tsuchiura too and Minami-san also

OMG don't punch Kyoya >: 0

Wow Sei already confessed so fast.

Hope he finds the meaning of love with Kanade.

I am thinkng it might me 24 eps since the ending hasn't changed yet. It still Seiso Acadamy singing the song. The other acadamy has to sing the ED song too.
Apr 22, 2014 7:56 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting character introduced.
Some strange scenes.
Apr 23, 2014 8:22 AM

Mar 2008
That was some kind of amusingly breakneck speed-up. Guess we need to move fast to cover all these boys.

These cameos are pretty awkward, but better than nothing.

parfaited said:
Sure I was much more naive when I saw the other Kiniro no Corda but I don't remember it being this dull or the female this clueless.
If you've noticed i've not even bothered to learn their names; that's how little i'm caring for this.
Ditto.

I'm already sick of our MC's Tchaikovsky, I sure hope it doesn't become a constant thing.
Apr 24, 2014 8:21 AM

Aug 2011
Good job butchering the original feeling of the anime. It doesn't really help when you add a timid and weak female lead that makes everything worse.

Kiniro no Corda: Primo Passo got a 10/10 from me but what the hell is this crap.
Apr 26, 2014 9:55 AM
Mar 2010
Pangeaa said:
Good job butchering the original feeling of the anime. It doesn't really help when you add a timid and weak female lead that makes everything worse.

Kiniro no Corda: Primo Passo got a 10/10 from me but what the hell is this crap.

parfaited said:

Lol that asshole that punched the other guy and our female MC has already turned into a halfwit with one brain cell.
She said "eh" and "huh" about 50 times here.

No episode count yet- if it's 1-cour I can try to hold on, but 2-cour is out of the question for me.
The budget and pacing seem like 1-cour material though.

Looks like I'm not the only one pissed at how this is going. I can't believe Koei followed in Otomate's footsteps and has really made Kanade into...what can I even call her?

The budget is horrible. Like, way to go in enraging fans, Koei. Why couldn't you have made this as awesome as the first Corda?

The first Corda will always have a special place in my heart but this? Bleh, this is to kill time and for the seiyuu cast.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Kamigami no Asobi FTW! You're the only one I can rely on, Broccoli. I swear, if this anime sells more than KamiAso's anime in Japan, I will flip tables.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 23, 2014 1:29 AM
Dec 2013
I was actually under the impression that MC went out with piano blondie to help him out. Like maybe he told her about his deal when he was having that flashback with his teacher.

I dunno. Female leads in anime rarely do the whole speed dating thing unless it's for some reason. Just experience talking. (I'd actually be refreshing if female MCs would be more upfront with their feelings.)

The whole kiss thing was probably not part of her expectations.

Soo... this whole episode is cool in my book. A bit slow paced and less intense than the previous ones though.
Sep 7, 2016 10:39 PM

Jun 2013
Mot sure i understand the super low score, this isnt a great anime but its quite charming.

More topics from this board

» Fanservice/sexual content found in Kiniro no Corda (copied and pasted message template)

captaindirt1999 - Mar 19, 2017

0 by captaindirt1999 »»
Mar 19, 2017 10:46 PM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2014

27 by SakurasouBusters »»
Nov 25, 2016 6:44 AM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2014

14 by SakurasouBusters »»
Nov 2, 2016 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

21 by SakurasouBusters »»
Oct 26, 2016 7:24 AM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2014

14 by SakurasouBusters »»
Oct 25, 2016 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.