Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 19, 2014 7:14 AM

Jan 2014
I am so disappointed by this episode.
Okay, the formula will be one assassin per episode, they even make an ending for each one.

But this episode was so inconsistent and forced..
But, c'mon, Haru, why would you want to become friend to a class that you know, and everybody in that class knows that you do, wants to kill you?

Tokaku was so dumb!
A little bit of vitality and activity would not hurt you, you know..

The fight scene was terrible.
I don't know what to say.

2/5
Apr 19, 2014 9:00 AM

Jan 2014
Ah, well then. Not as much to say about this episode as the last two...

Slower paced episode than usual, but still good! Looking forward to the next one!
Apr 19, 2014 9:01 AM

May 2010
wow ..this has gotten rather terrible in the course of 3 episodes. not worth my time this or any other season.dropped.
Apr 19, 2014 9:13 AM

Dec 2012
I really hope the rest of the show doesn't follow this pattern, it pains me when battle royale/killing game anime have insanely cool premises, but settle for mediocre delivery. At this point there's really no room for deception with Haru, this episode just screamed forced naivety. Would like to see the assassins start to war with and plot against each other over advance notices to Haru and such.
Apr 19, 2014 9:58 AM

Jul 2012
Argh! That cliffhanger at the end: What was Takechi surprised about Nio when she ripped her clothing! D: *Sigh* Oh well. x3

Anyways, 1 assassin down, 12 more to go....I think? x3
Great anime so far.
Apr 19, 2014 10:04 AM
Dec 2012
Anime of the season for me. Follows the manga very nicely. I'm a bit disappointed to the titles of the episodes though, cause they do give hints to what will happen next.

Don't see any reason why people dislike this anime or episode. Takechi took her time killing Haru because... I believe it is explained in the episode. Haru's "naivety" is also explained in the anime. If you can't understand the anime or its characters, don't watch it.

I think Nio may be a relative of Haru's.
ryuixyuiApr 19, 2014 10:08 AM
Apr 19, 2014 10:06 AM

Feb 2013
I wonder what Takechi meant when she was talking about the strap
Apr 19, 2014 11:12 AM

Jul 2012
I wish there was more to this show, other than "one girl attempts to kill Haru" per episode. Like how Danganronpa had different murderers AND victims and also we had to guess who it was, even though Dangan's action comes nowhere close to this show.

Ratohnhaketon said:
I really hope the rest of the show doesn't follow this pattern, it pains me when battle royale/killing game anime have insanely cool premises, but settle for mediocre delivery. At this point there's really no room for deception with Haru, this episode just screamed forced naivety. Would like to see the assassins start to war with and plot against each other over advance notices to Haru and such.

^
Apr 19, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2011
Quite disappointing. :-(
Tokaku seemed so dull fighting like a total amateur compared to the fact that she is an assassin.
I hope the creators will not continue on this pace the rest of the episodes.
Apr 19, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2013
Haru: Let's be friends with assassins -_-
Apr 19, 2014 1:07 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Disappointing episode but it's not like I expect much more from this show. Looks like every episode will follow the same formula, x girl targets Haru and Haru is saved by Tokaku.
Apr 19, 2014 1:09 PM

Apr 2013
It's very different from the manga, as Takechi kills for sexual pleasure in the anime, but not in the manga (or one of the teams did their work wrong...)
But I liked the ED.
Apr 19, 2014 2:16 PM
May 2011
Seiyuu of Takechi is the same as Hibiki from Idolmaster, knew her ed song had a familiar voice, and they kinda look alike too heh.
Apr 19, 2014 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
Azuma, you're really dumb... Sorry, but believing what a random assassin that pop in your room tell you, you are really guillible. I would have felt ashamed :/

So Takechi was a real psycho. I think I saw Yuno a few time xD

I wonder what she saw. Maybe Nio is some kind of cyborg. Maybe she's not even human. She seem to be designated as the secretary, but she could be just a device observater.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 19, 2014 3:45 PM

May 2013
She was just scared of Nio after realizing Nio was stronger than her, don't make up retarded theories.
Apr 19, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2010
I think im enjoying those different ED's each episode way more than i should.When i was watching episode i was like ''HOW WILL ED SOUND/LOOK LIKE HMMM?!'' whole 20min xD
Apr 19, 2014 4:19 PM
May 2011
I like where this series is headed, having the assassinations break out and stuff. Introduction time is finally over :)
MC's "boss" is a weird dude. Sending strange riddles to MC all the time. I find it funny that MC tries to shrug it off, but ends up wanting to solve them. Mayhap the riddles belong to a bigger picture?

What is Haru thinking?? Befriending people she knows will try to assassinate her at any given time. There might be some kind of reason behind this but.. wow =P Frustrating

I hope we get to see some action-filled events with strategy, countermeasures, blood and trauma. Maybe have some of the assassinators form secret teams or something exciting like that?

I have to admit... that "kick Takechi 5 meters away from you while laying strapped up on the floor, and then having the scirrors majestically land on the rope and cut its way through" was a little too forced for my taste.
I realize it's an anime and that it's an unrealistic concept to begin with, it doesn't care about physics or luck, but really?

Other than that, great episode. 3.8/5 for me. No, I can't go higher/lower =P
MarkusEAApr 19, 2014 4:22 PM

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Apr 19, 2014 4:24 PM

Aug 2013
Well...Takechi made me uncomfortable. LOL
And Tokaku and Haru are both sort of dumb...Maybe it will change as the series goes on.
Apr 19, 2014 4:29 PM
May 2011
XenoSocial said:
Well...Takechi made me uncomfortable. LOL
And Tokaku and Haru are both sort of dumb...Maybe it will change as the series goes on.

You mean like when Tokaku blindly believed Takechi when she told that Shiena triggered the card and not her? For Tokaku to keep Takechi in a tight spot for the whole episode, and then being tricked like that is kind of funny if you ask me =P

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Apr 19, 2014 4:40 PM

Sep 2011
I'm more curious to what Nio Hashiri is hiding.
Apr 19, 2014 7:23 PM

Oct 2013
The Ed made Otoya so sexy........
well ,I like her, ok, let's see who is the next assassin.
Apr 19, 2014 8:35 PM

Jul 2012
Okay...any hope I had to make sense of this ridiculous premises just got killed by Haru's idiocy.
Which is a shame, I was enjoying it a lot beforehand.

Tokaku is not that bright either.
Then again...Haru's not completely useless, she actually seems more capable than Tokaku at this point.
I just wish they'll tone down the naivete.

Maybe I shouldn't have taken it seriously in the first place. I'll just forget the everything else and watch for the action and yuri.
Apr 19, 2014 9:55 PM

Apr 2014
Good action, looking forward to the next episode!
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Apr 19, 2014 10:50 PM

Jan 2011
I was hoping when the assassination attempts started this would pick up, it didn't. Azuma blindly believed an enemy's words and Haru has the foresight of a potato. I really do feel that this is a yuri version of Crime Edge, expect there hasn't been any yuri yet. Why does Azuma want to protect Haru again?
Apr 19, 2014 11:18 PM

Nov 2012
ReaperCreeper said:
Why does Azuma want to protect Haru again?
She smells nice.
Apr 20, 2014 3:52 AM

Aug 2013
That's 1 down.
Apr 20, 2014 4:32 AM
Feb 2013
yukishiromei said:
Haru is so naive. Why say "sorry" to the person who wanted to kill her? That kind of stuff bothers me. .

Yeah...

dmrch said:
It was very nice that a Bullfinch ("Uso") was linked to lies ("Uso") of Otoya Takechi, that scissors girl. The third episode was wonderful as usual. And I think ED was better than the previous two. Farewell Otoya!

By the way, something like sadistic desire always arises in my heart when I watch this anime. Am I the only one like that?

Maybe LoL
CheatrealApr 20, 2014 4:35 AM
Apr 20, 2014 7:19 AM

May 2012
This episode is more brutal than other two. I hope they keep it up. I want to see more blood and maybe sexual assaults.

I wonder if anyone is going to die in future episodes. I just hope they kill the teacher because he so annoying.

Nio seems to be the most dangerous out of the assassins.
thepathApr 20, 2014 7:24 AM
Apr 20, 2014 8:16 AM

Jul 2013
i just think that tokaku shouldbe more deadly like, if it wasn't for haru she would have died, and she is supposed to be a prodigy killer, just saying...
Apr 20, 2014 8:34 AM

Jan 2014
Lrdwhyt said:
Not as good as the first few.

I agree, I didn't like this episode as much. I hope the series doesn't weaken much because of this episodic format.
“We see what we want to see”
Apr 20, 2014 10:24 AM

Oct 2013
This episode disappointed me in so many ways. It wasnt exciting, it felt kinda rushed to me (atleast the character development) the proceeding of the story line was certainly predictable. I guess someone had to shed the first blood but still...
2/5

Hope they build up more in the next episode.
<3
Apr 20, 2014 11:40 AM

Mar 2014
Tokaku is really, really naive lol. But then Kaiba said he choose the person with the worst judgment. Being tricked so easily and still not realizing the truth until Sheina told her, yeah that's pretty bad judgement xD
Apr 20, 2014 12:33 PM

Feb 2010
Okay episode, but nothing special. Liked the second one better.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 20, 2014 12:35 PM

Nov 2008
dmrch said:
It was very nice that a Bullfinch ("Uso") was linked to lies ("Uso") of Otoya Takechi, that scissors girl. The third episode was wonderful as usual. And I think ED was better than the previous two. Farewell Otoya!

MarkusEA said:

MC's "boss" is a weird dude. Sending strange riddles to MC all the time. I find it funny that MC tries to shrug it off, but ends up wanting to solve them. Mayhap the riddles belong to a bigger picture?

I was thinking the same thing so here is the question: the episode titles are riddle's which is asked by that white haired boss dude so I am wondering if these riddle's are related to episode itself in the first place. I think it's already mentioned in this episode but "what's red, but isn't red" is "bloody lie" in my opinion and who is the bloody liar in this episode it was Takeichi who was trying to get close to Haru and tried to kill her. In short what I am trying say is I think those riddles are not belonging to bigger picture of ultimate question but rather it's related to episode itself and it's a hint to "assasin" of the episode in my humble opinion. So while watching the episode you get to solve riddle episodes by paying attention to little details that was mentioned in the whole episode and I also think that those riddles are hints to Tokaku by white haired guy... clearly saying that this girl going to attack Haru so solve the riddle fast and get rid of Haru's assasin as soon as possible but since Tokaku seems dense in the head she couldn't protected Haru rather well in this episode.

So these pretty puns on the anime and episode titles that's relating to characters are pretty entertaining as well as smart that was well devised by author. Looking forward to see who is the next assasin that has relationship with the riddle of episode title; "What comes Suddenly and Never Leaves?". I can't make any prediction but it's going to be fun to solve this riddle while watching next's weeks episode.
Apr 20, 2014 1:10 PM

Mar 2014
Qpax said:
I was thinking the same thing so here is the question: the episode titles are riddle's which is asked by that white haired boss dude so I am wondering if these riddle's are related to episode itself in the first place. I think it's already mentioned in this episode but "what's red, but isn't red" is "bloody lie" in my opinion and who is the bloody liar in this episode it was Takeichi who was trying to get close to Haru and tried to kill her. In short what I am trying say is I think those riddles are not belonging to bigger picture of ultimate question but rather it's related to episode itself and it's a hint to "assasin" of the episode in my humble opinion. So while watching the episode you get to solve riddle episodes by paying attention to little details that was mentioned in the whole episode and I also think that those riddles are hints to Tokaku by white haired guy... clearly saying that this girl going to attack Haru so solve the riddle fast and get rid of Haru's assasin as soon as possible but since Tokaku seems dense in the head she couldn't protected Haru rather well in this episode.

Probably you know, "makkana uso"(真っ赤な嘘) is an idiom of Japanese. It means "a complete lie" or "an outright lie". And it is translated literally into "bright red lie". Native speakers of it can easily know that the Kaiba's riddle might indicate it.
dmrchApr 20, 2014 1:16 PM
Apr 20, 2014 1:39 PM

Nov 2008
dmrch said:

Probably you know, "makkana uso"(真っ赤な嘘) is an idiom of Japanese. It means "a complete lie" or "an outright lie". And it is translated literally into "bright red lie". Native speakers of it can easily know that the Kaiba's riddle might indicate it.

"Bright red lie" sounds much better compared to "bloody lie" that was mentioned in this episode so it's the problem there because there can be loss of meanings in the plot when it's not translated rightly into english rather well. Wish my Japanese was better but yeah as you said it would totally make sense to native speakers when they were heard it for first time they mentioned in the anime. I hope I also catch those phrases in the upcoming episodes too. And lastly thank you very much for taking your time and putting that phrase into more clear meaning.
Apr 20, 2014 2:03 PM
Apr 2014
I too wonder what was up with Nio! Haru's uber stupid but it's kind of cute?? But actually, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THAT AZUMA LOOKS LIKE CIEL PHANTOMHIVE'S LONG LOST TWIN??!
Apr 20, 2014 3:17 PM

Jan 2012
I find this anime simply ridiculous. Bringing 12 assassins to kill 1 person. Everyone acts crazy and evil. Evil laughs and tense music all time while nothing is going on.
Way too much no sense to overlook. Sure drop for me.
Apr 20, 2014 7:27 PM

Sep 2013
It's a game and a test or something for haru and tokaku, if they really want her dead it would have already happened so all this is part of a bigger scheme involving them and this black class doesn't happen often that also means something and the teacher is also abnormal since he snuck up on tokaku and that woman nio is talking to. geez do you people even watch it or something? you just show how stupid you are when you can't even get something like this.

NIO IS A MAN! or has one huge scar on her body.
The ed song was great, hope she isn't dead :( she just needs a real man to satisfy her ;)
Apr 20, 2014 7:51 PM

Dec 2013
Kinda lame episode. Here I was expecting to actually see someone get killed, but nope.
Apr 20, 2014 7:55 PM
Apr 2013
Talk about gullible. I was holding my face when Tokaku blindly believed Otoya. Luckily she is a sexual sadist and wanted to take her time or else the anime would have been over just like that.

What kind of bird chirps in the dead of night? That made no sense.

My guess is on Nio being a guy, which is why Otoya reacted like that after cutting off their top.

Was Otoya killed, or was she simply transferred out? She did try to start that fight at the end after all.
Very interesting...
Apr 20, 2014 11:50 PM
Mar 2014
Weak fight kind of a let down hope the other fights get better in time.

Wonder what Nio is hiding..
Apr 21, 2014 1:37 AM

Dec 2013
kinda let down on how the assassination end
Apr 21, 2014 6:29 AM
Feb 2013
Anon1409 said:
Kinda lame episode. Here I was expecting to actually see someone get killed, but nope.

Yes, I don't get it.
Why they didn't kill her?
Maybe Nio killed her? :D
Apr 21, 2014 6:31 AM

Mar 2014
dmrch said:
Qpax said:
In short what I am trying say is I think those riddles are not belonging to bigger picture of ultimate question but rather it's related to episode itself and it's a hint to "assasin" of the episode in my humble opinion. So while watching the episode you get to solve riddle episodes by paying attention to little details that was mentioned in the whole episode and I also think that those riddles are hints to Tokaku by white haired guy... clearly saying that this girl going to attack Haru so solve the riddle fast and get rid of Haru's assasin as soon as possible but since Tokaku seems dense in the head she couldn't protected Haru rather well in this episode.

I agree that the riddle is related to each episode. The riddle indicates main theme of each episode itself.

EP1: The answer is "forgiveness". Tokaku and Haru wish it. And the episode implied that they have dark past.
EP2: I think the answer is Tokaku's decision to protect Haru. I don't know about sub. But "mune no naka" (inside of chest) means "decision in one's heart" or "one's feeling" or "one's thought" in Japanese.
EP3: The answer is "(makkana) uso" (bright red lie/an outright lie). And I personally think that it was a nice work. "Uso" (lies) of Takechi and "uso" (a Bullfinch bird) were connected in this plot. Tokaku got confused by uso (lies) of Takechi and finally by uso (a Bullfinch) she noticed the place that Haru was being caught.

And then, I think that Kaiba, Tokaku's boss has a role as a narrator against viewers. Because almost of his words were like monologue. Maybe, his riddle is the function to tell viewers what is the main theme of each episode and how viewers should pay attention.
dmrchApr 21, 2014 6:56 AM
Apr 21, 2014 7:15 AM
Jun 2012
kinda hard to feel bad for haru when she acts that stupid lol who the hell knows everyone else is coming after their life and be like oh well lets all try to be friends lmao i really want to know what takechi saw there at the end and what do they do to the drop outs
Apr 21, 2014 12:02 PM

Jan 2014
A nice episode with a bit slow progress although intense when it finally fired off some action scenes. I like the fact that they're all killing machines and still tend to freak out because of Otoya being a serial killer, I get it's not the same but still :3

So far I really like this anime and all its interesting characters ^^
Apr 21, 2014 1:09 PM

Dec 2010
Naive and retarded girls doing worse assassinations than fucking 5-year-olds.

Dropped without regrets.
Apr 21, 2014 4:04 PM

Apr 2012
that crazy scissor girl was scary.
Apr 21, 2014 4:58 PM

Dec 2008
What on Earth is Nio hiding underneath those clothes? Is she a cyborg? A boy?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

369 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

311 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Oct 11, 2022 6:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.