Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 14, 2014 3:20 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
This second episode was much better than the first
Hope it stays like this, laughed so many more times than the first.

The trap character, WHY MUST THE CUTEST CHARACTER BE A TRAP
:c
Manly-action flag was funny and the black and white face that happens to our trap whenever someone calls him a girl is funny too!
Great second episode!
Apr 14, 2014 4:21 PM
Mar 2013
Can someone who has read the LN tell me, if the LN and manga are really this much different? I've only read the manga so it's somewhat annoying me that things are not like in the manga. :S
Apr 14, 2014 5:32 PM

Apr 2013
I really dislike this show, but the cast is amazing. I guess I'll be sticking around for the voices alone.
Apr 14, 2014 5:40 PM

Dec 2012
GODDAMNIT! Why did they have to go ahead and make Hanakana's voice a trap? WHY?
Apr 14, 2014 6:00 PM

Jul 2012
He must liberate the world and reveal the truth.

Great episode!!!
Apr 14, 2014 7:14 PM

Jan 2011
This show seems fast pace /pretty crazy and self aware at times so i'm okay with whatever dumb stuff it throws at me

The trap is to strong!
Apr 14, 2014 7:30 PM
Oct 2008
no way megumu is a boy. it's definitely a girl who thinks/wants to be a boy just like yukimura from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Apr 14, 2014 7:34 PM

Jan 2014
Pretty boy alert!!! Don't fall for it, its a trap! This was an alright episode, hope for a better one next week.
Apr 14, 2014 8:13 PM
Mar 2014
this was interesting in a good way well two new characters an older sister and an androgynous boy well i guess that better than two sluts
Apr 14, 2014 8:25 PM

Jul 2010
Lol the end, as if this could be serious.
Anyway, it wasn't funny at all for me, also I'm starting to feel the annoyance of the char.design.
Apr 14, 2014 8:27 PM

Oct 2011
Souta's harem is huge. To Love Ru or maybe Kaminomi huge 0____0
Apr 14, 2014 9:37 PM

Aug 2013
I like the opening. The episode started off stupid, but then it became pleasant, and then mysterious at the end. I would give it a 5/10.
Apr 14, 2014 9:53 PM

May 2011
I was about to drop but then I heard HanaKana voicing a trap. It's a must-watch for me now provided her character gets good screen time.
Apr 14, 2014 10:45 PM

Jun 2013
Mhmmm bath scene eehehehhehe

Megumu is best gir... eh nvm? xD Not hanakana biased or anything
Apr 15, 2014 2:41 AM
Mar 2012
Crap, I never expected HanaKana VA trap boys. I'm become gay.
Apr 15, 2014 8:39 AM

Feb 2009
If you look at the names of the characters, you can actually know which piece is who.

Knight= Nanami Knight Bladefield
Magician = Mahoutsukai = Akane Mahougasawa
Summoner = Shoukanshi = Kikuno Shoukanji (Okiku-nee)
Thief = Touzoku = Megumu Touzokuyama (KanaHana trap)
Dragon Knight = Ryuukishi = Tsumugi Ryuukishibara (loli boss)

Which means he needs to gather the remaining pieces; Samurai, Ninja and Bishop. And the clue to get the Ninja and Bishop was already there. The parts about the Knight and Magician refer to Nanami and Akane obviously. Akane's is probably done as she was conquered/taken care of first.

Wow, this suddenly got my interest along with it giving me some comedy. Let's just hope this goes somewhere.
Apr 15, 2014 9:59 AM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. Megu is treated as a girl. Hahaha.

Also love the end card, Megumu and Nanami switching clothes. How bewitching.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2014 11:15 AM

Jun 2013
And I thought I've seen everything...

HanaKana trap?
Well played, well played indeed.
Apr 15, 2014 12:10 PM

Sep 2008
HanaKana character is really boy?
Or this is one of these anime where
girl think she is boy?
Apr 15, 2014 12:47 PM

Nov 2013
Horry shiet KanaHana.

Atleast try to sound like a guy.
Apr 15, 2014 5:36 PM
Nov 2013
LOL every time I watch this kind of show I remember how shitty an anime can be. Haha, this is really fucking bad. Crap!
Apr 15, 2014 7:03 PM
Jun 2011
Shit...my spoiler sense is tingling something fierce.
It tells me that either he's dead or they all are and he's just imagining this whole thing.
And...damn that Hideyoshi!
I can't accept that you think that passes as male!
He's too cute, and most traps who play it straight don't try to be male.
The last one I encountered like that was Yukimura so all my alarms are going *REVERSE TRAP!*
It's like I can feel how the whole show is going to go, but I still want to go along for the ride, on the off chance that I'm wrong.

GOD, THERE IS NO WAY THAT'S NOT A CHICK!
I mean she looks like one, sounds like one, acts like one, (smells like one and feels like one apparently), and has freakin hartman hips!
At least Hatsur and Hideyoshi try to be guys (though Hatsur is very cute and very gay, he still has the informed attribute).
Megu is so much like Yukimura that she could be her sister.
Hoshimaru57Apr 15, 2014 7:33 PM
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Apr 15, 2014 7:03 PM

Jan 2013
Really liked the opening song and animation.
This episode was really fast pace. Couldn't follow it for awhile, just so many random things happening.
Apr 15, 2014 7:25 PM

Jun 2012
I'm guessing this is a Loli Harem? lol

Cool episode though. :3
Apr 16, 2014 6:01 AM

May 2013
OMG DID KANA HANAZAWA JUST VOICED A TRAP?!

Okay, this was better than Episode 1 and I also like Megumu here, even tough had female appearance wants to peep at the girls bathroom. Me loved Kikuno <3
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 16, 2014 1:11 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This anime is not too good, but HanaKana is voicing a trap so I must stay strong.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 16, 2014 1:55 PM

Apr 2012
I am debating with myself whether to drop this.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 16, 2014 3:18 PM

Aug 2012
What can I say? This is like the epitome of adaptations of subpar harem LNs written by horny high school kids with no talent for creative writing.

In other words, it's the perfect anime for me.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 16, 2014 5:05 PM

Nov 2013
I'm guessing the trap character is gonna turn out like Haganai NEXT's Yukimura.
Apr 16, 2014 8:41 PM
Nov 2013
gamer2710 said:
What can I say? This is like the epitome of adaptations of subpar harem LNs written by horny high school kids with no talent for creative writing.

In other words, it's the perfect anime for me.

Yup. Can't believe I was wasting my time with garbage like Mushishi, Baccano, Kaiba...
Apr 16, 2014 10:08 PM

Mar 2014
damn judging by the OP and ED his harem is gonna be huge, I'm calling it now Reverse trap!
Apr 17, 2014 12:08 PM

Jul 2013
Eh, another great premise turning out as a mindless harem, why am I even surprised? This reminds me of NouKome but, unlike this show, NouKome was actually fun and it had the character of Yukihira to set it apart from other crappy harem.
But I guess I'll stick around for a couple more episodes to see if the turn of events at the end of this episode actually turns into something good. I doubt it, tho.
Apr 17, 2014 7:53 PM

Jul 2013
Please someone tell me that's a reverse trap.
Truth about the world ?
>you live inside a visual novel
Apr 17, 2014 8:13 PM

Nov 2007
HanaKana in two trap roles this season. Hmm.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 17, 2014 9:49 PM
Mar 2014
Magito said:
Things are now getting crazy. Lots of cute and funny moments.

The crazy president makes her appearance.

The better episode.

The yandere, and the robot are next.

THIS ANIME IS HAVING A YANDERE?!?!?!
i'm officially adding it to my list.

Oh wait, this anime is already in it because of the "yay so you're not a dissapointing tsundere anymore" line, and as a matter of fact that girl is running for my favorite character of the season,
Apr 17, 2014 9:57 PM

Jan 2014
Well they introduces many characters. I lol'd hard at the sister, first being happy cleaning Souta's ears then crying waterfalls at the miserable state of his dorm.

And those flags there!!! Also new trap character.........somehow I smell a new Yukimura phenomenon there.
Apr 17, 2014 9:59 PM
Mar 2014
Strikefreedom117 said:
androgynous people
all of you please go die in a hole
you give me weird boners when find out ur guys

you know that's exactly why they won't die, right?
manga/novel writers are either unsuccesfull, evil (like this one) or saints (like the guys who make the big holy ones).
Oh and there's this one writers who's from Brasil (my country as well) who's automatically disqualified from the classes above because he's a HUE BR. (He made that No Game No Life anime that's starting this season and another i forgot the name)
Apr 17, 2014 10:02 PM
Mar 2014
DivineTrinity said:
Err I thought he had a death flag on his head, so what happen to that development? Though wow you got me good. I wasn't expecting Hana Kana to do a trap character. I had to laugh when he had that manly flag raised. :D Well I did enjoy the randomness of this ep like with the first ep. Right now I hope we get more answers on him being curse and about the truth of the world.

Sent with Mal Updater

You know this is a romantic comedy (and it's almost diving into nonsense if you ask me but until it does i won't drop it) so i doupt it's going to be anything well divised, this kind of anime is made for anything but that.
Apr 17, 2014 10:08 PM
Mar 2014
WhisperBit said:
Well Nanami is now my most hated character in this show. She's making this so hard to watch I almost want to drop it...

Shoukanji is also rather annoying. Probably cause of that ladle that seems attached to her body like some sort of tumor or something

I will be disappointed if I won't get Akane END... So far the most enjoyable character in the show

Is there a VN of this anime?

Normally i'd leave my opinion about tsunderes out of the discussion (because i hate most of them) but...
she starts crying like a baby... AND GOES TSUN WHEN EVERYONE STARTS LETTING HER IN! Dammit this is worst then a normal tsundere!

However the sentence (forgot her name, the one he kisses in the 1st ep) says about nanami being a dissapointing tsundere was EPIC, she's likelly going to be my favorite character of the season.
Apr 18, 2014 6:30 AM

Aug 2013
There are some genuinely funny moments, sadly outweighed by a LOT more annoying moments. Probably because I've read the manga before so the good gags lose their impacts. I'll give episode 3 a try and see if I would drop it or not.

I am particularly disturbed by Okiku's ladle. Don't remember it being so prominent in the manga.
Apr 18, 2014 4:32 PM

May 2012
01:45 dat harem

05:58 i can't keep up with this ep

15:00 LOOOOL

18:25 lol what's with this anime

18:58 nice slowmo

That was hilarious.
8/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 18, 2014 9:42 PM

Nov 2007
So there's a trap with a cute girl voice that just should not be a dude.

There's a sister type girl who always carries a spoon even in the bath.

And a bunch of school kids somehow built a dorm like nothing.

Logic be damned.
Apr 19, 2014 12:44 AM

May 2012
Megumu is my favorite girl. He looks so cute.
Apr 19, 2014 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
Well, it was a bit random and inconsistent, but now the setting is set, make place for the harem!

I guess they will go by all the tropes possible, the tsundere, the deredere, the onee-san complex, the trap, the smart baby girl, the excentric unimportant president concil ; from the preview, the imouto complex, the yandere, etc.
And in the end, we all know the tsundere will be the last one conquered and the one to win, it's always the same xD

So for now, nothing extroardinary, but it sure is cute, one of the moe show of the season.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 19, 2014 2:22 PM

Aug 2012
As a fan of the original novel I really like the anime adoption, especially this episode. The super rush tempo which I really like kind of remind me season 1 of Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, and I laughed quite a bit.

Something really good to watch when real life gets miserable.
Apr 19, 2014 9:25 PM

Apr 2012
Wow, I cannot stand Kikuno. She's utterly intolerable so far.

At least the trap is good.

As for the episode itself...it was pretty substandard. The friend tornado was the only part that got a laugh out of me.
Apr 20, 2014 4:57 PM

Feb 2013
This episode was pretty silly. It made me laugh.

It's a trap!
Apr 21, 2014 1:30 PM

Apr 2011
Count me in on the Nanami-haters club, though it is nice that she ends up as the butt monkey of the joke almost as often as Souta ('disappointing tsundere,' lmao). She's the only member of the harem that I WOULDN'T love to live with, including 'Meg'. LOL, he tries so hard to be a guy, yet he's so obviously in love with Souta. I loved the nest of love flags that spewed out of the top of his/her head (with Souta frantically trying to tell himself that those were 'friendship' flags, despite all the huge obvious hearts).

Akane is best girl so far, though I'm loving Okiku as well. I also love how they all seem immune to jealousy, other than Nanami (which only makes her stand out more and make her even more annoying). As long as Nanami doesn't become the main focus, I think I'm going to enjoy this show. If it's a fake-out harem and the real story is a romance between her and Souta, tho, I'll probably end up dropping it.
Apr 24, 2014 12:05 AM

Sep 2013
When Souta said "Hold on, why does he smell this nice?! And his body's soft!"

Are you saying men are incapable of having nice smell and body soft! pfft! I use 1 full bottle of body wash.

Apr 24, 2014 9:43 PM

Nov 2012
I made such a weird face when the manly flag appeared! That was just a nonsense flag! It's dumb but freaken' amazing. Why is stupidity such an enjoyment to us humans?

Very fast paced episode, barely caught onto the character's names. OP and ED could be better.

The secret of the world... refrain? Kyouske? Flags? What in the world has this anime created.

Really looking forward to what this anime wants to be. It could be an interesting drama but by the looks of it it seems to be a normal romcom. Romcoms are never bad... unless the comedy is bad. I guess the only bad thing of a romcom is that the ending is always bad. I rarely see a good romcom ending. Can someone name one?
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

144 by JC612 »»
Jan 11, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Who's favorite harem character

MysteryFan89 - Aug 7, 2023

1 by pinkfoxboi »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

145 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 3, 2023 2:31 PM

» So can anyone tell me what the hell happened?[spoilers]

sweetsymphony - Jun 29, 2014

10 by ilos28 »»
May 30, 2022 5:26 AM

» Will this be on funimation without premium

Bunniedoll - Jul 20, 2021

1 by SoulFighter17 »»
Jul 20, 2021 10:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.