Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Sep 20, 2014 10:50 AM
May 2013
"What goes around comes around "
That boy and that girl will get their snakes back >:)
She performed the ritual in a swimsuit ?! I'm not even mad .
Nadeko is such a naughty imouto XD
Oct 4, 2014 2:12 AM

Jun 2013
To all the people who dropped this godly series like it was nothing:

Who the fuck do you think you are?
Jan 6, 2015 4:56 PM

Aug 2014
I like the new opening a lot.
That was a satisfying ending to that mini-arc.
I remember seeing the exorcism part in the "Into the Labyrinth" Amv and I thought it looked like some weird hentai, but the show is turning out to be cool.

Grouchio said:
To all the people who dropped this godly series like it was nothing:

Who the fuck do you think you are?

That made me laugh.

berserker15Jan 6, 2015 5:03 PM
Feb 14, 2015 11:05 PM

May 2014
That was a pretty intense fight at the end. Two snakes, imagine that. Next arc is going to be pretty intense, I bet.
Jun 8, 2015 6:48 PM
May 2010
zaharel said:
worst arc so far!!! it was painfully boring, nothing special, and simply pointless.

for a show that is character / dialogue driven, the characters are kinda boring, except for Hitagi.. but well she doesn't get much screen time lately.

I don't care for the characters, i don't like them, I dont hate them.. they can die, they can live, i simply dont care! and that's bad for this kinda show..

I am 10 episodes in so I will bare with it till the end.. but I won't follow the sequels :(

Best arc ever! More interesting than the previous arcs thanks to the action and suspense. Still find the teenage comedy kinda 'meh', but whatever. That's a nitpick compared to the rest of the show.

Also, it seems like we are finally getting to that 'idealism vs. rationality' philosophy the reviews were referring to. Hm. Should be fun to see how this will be followed up with in the next few episodes.
Jun 15, 2015 10:25 PM

Oct 2014
All the fights are just araragi getting beaten the fuck up..
Jul 8, 2015 10:20 AM

Jul 2014
So this is the episode with the rape snake that they were talking about in Anime3000's The Other Side podcast came from. >_>

Otherwise, this was probably the best arc so far because stuff actually happened in it other than the characters talking, but it was still pretty boring.

2/5

tsundereharasser said:
They made it so hot and pervy, hot loli in school swimsuit raped by two snakes, and it looked like she gets sexual pleasure, man. And those close-ups of her vag mmmmmm

What.
D-ohnutsAug 17, 2015 3:11 PM
Jul 14, 2015 3:01 PM

Oct 2012
You can never save everyone, Araragi-kun, just ask Emiya Shirou, he'll tell you. Too bad for those two I guess.
But it seems her story is not over yet, even when Tsubasa has the next episodes. I wonder if we finally see her interact with his sisters. I wonder if Koyomi has something more to do with those curses.. maybe, wasn't he even one who summon one snake?

better than previous arc but kinda rushed towards the end, hope there will be some conclusion next time.
Mayoi was the best so far.

lol at all those people thinking shaft made uncompleted episodes, those color screens are intentional, you know :D
Aug 13, 2015 8:25 PM

Sep 2014
Remember who you were there to save. For they are the ones that you tried to help. Ep 10.

Plot: Nadeko's curse is a Snake Constrictor born from the curse of Spite of someone who loved a boy that liked Nadeko. While the ritual to save her goes well, the unfortunate part comes from when a second snake is revealed, most likely from the boy who was rejected. Despite Araragi's efforts, the snake is gone and the curse like roosters, go home to roost.

Character: Nadeko seems to have potential for more arcs. She plays the timid quite well and its obvious about her interest in Araragi. However from the way this arc ended, it seemed that there would be more later on.

Oshino brought a swerve when he mentioned that he would be leaving someday and that Araragi would have to be more careful. It's obvious that he cares about Araragi and like Senjougahara, and most likely Kanbaru now, he knows the boy is too nosy to not be involved in dangerous business/Oddities and if left alone, would get himself killed, immortal body or no.

Araragi hits a major roadblock this time with his first defeat and third victory. While Oshino provided the means, this would be the third time Araragi solved the crisis at hand with problems/harm done to himself. He wanted to save Nadeko and he did but with that done and the rise of the second snake, there was another person to save. And despite Kanbaru holding him back and reminding him of the primary objective, she saves him but makes it feel like a loss to him. Not only that but he tried to save someone who caused Nadeko's problem. How does that affect someone with Chronic Hero Syndrome?

Are the problem makers worth saving?

Araragi wants to save everyone. And like Oddities, it is his nature and he cannot help it.

Animation/sound:The recent ed was a bit of an improvement in terms of animation with the inclusion of the other girls in the middle. Nadeko's addition was kinda cute and fun to see. I will be going back to see if the others have it as well.

5/5. Quite touching but with some implications for the future.

Extra: those Nadeko scenes were super lewd. Araragi, you hentai.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Aug 14, 2015 2:30 AM

Nov 2013
They made it so hot and pervy, hot loli in school swimsuit raped by two snakes, and it looked like she gets sexual pleasure, man. And those close-ups of her vag mmmmmm
Also yandere Nadeko, I wish you were his sis too <3

tsundereharasserAug 14, 2015 2:39 AM
Sep 11, 2015 4:45 AM

Mar 2012
I fucking love the visuals.

That snake-eye moon-Tree branch shot was amazing.
End Zionazism
Oct 6, 2015 3:09 AM

Jan 2013
So, there was two invisible imaginary beings... Sounds a lot like christianity :D
Dec 11, 2015 7:54 AM

Aug 2014
An Episode without Hitagi equals a bad episode .
Dec 29, 2015 10:46 PM

Aug 2014
Didn't expect there were two snakes there...
sup
Mar 28, 2016 6:18 PM

Nov 2015
Nadeko is so cute! I wish they didn't use it as lolicon fanservice =(
Mayushi's voice <3

And really, I like the OP... but I think the next episode will have another one.
Jun 20, 2016 2:19 PM
Jul 2015
It's a shame that he couldn't save the boy who cursed her. I guess someone has to bear the curse, in the end. I wonder if Araragi would've taken that curse for himself to save a stranger?
Jul 26, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
And Kanbaru saved the day :3
At least Araragi realized that he tries too hard to save everyone, more protagonists should notice that !
Jul 30, 2016 11:27 AM

Apr 2014
The opening is quite cute.. Despite of that I didn't really enjoy the arc. Way too much loli fan-service and it's getting annoying seeing how every girl seems to be in love with the main character. I wanna see more action (no loli-snake rape! O_o) instead of permanent dialogues. Definitely worse than the previous arcs. I hope to see Senjougahara next time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2016 10:03 PM

Oct 2016
Okay, one episode without Senjougahara makes sense to me. Two in a row, I can tolerate. But three.. come on now.

She's the heart of the show! wtf!
"Environmental measures are all skewed in favor of benefiting the human race! Why do you refuse to acknowledge that? Prioritize the prosperity of all life over that of the human race! That is what would make you the superior species!"
Oct 31, 2016 12:07 AM

May 2010
_Delinquent_ said:
Okay, one episode without Senjougahara makes sense to me. Two in a row, I can tolerate. But three.. come on now.

She's the heart of the show! wtf!

Poor thing, get used to that, later on she gets less and less appearances on this show :< Becoming pretty much a side character.
Jan 31, 2017 9:58 AM

Apr 2015
This Episode Was So Intense And Amazing!!
Feb 3, 2017 8:37 PM

Jun 2013
My god she is an angel!
I must protect her!
Jul 3, 2017 1:07 AM

Jul 2012
The snake scene was so intense. I was so immersed into the episode at that point. I want to know more about who her friend and her crush are. I guess we should find out next episode. Welp, I guess we'll find out in the future? This arc feels so incomplete, and I wanted to see more Nadeko :(
AndoJul 3, 2017 1:14 AM
Sep 16, 2017 6:36 AM

Jun 2016
Aaaand Araragi hurt himself again for saving Sengoku. I s2g his kindness one day will lead him to his own death, but I highly doubt he's going to die since he's still a (tenth) vampire because of Shinobu, I guess, and Hitagi will not let him die, maaan.

Sengoku's seiyuu is what stopping me from liking her. God. But she's cute if she doesn't talk. Lmfao.

New character next episode and it's a neko? Omfg. :D

What goes around comes around it is, Araragi. Cursing someone is liking wishing someone's death, so the one who cursed Sengoku deserved to be constricted.

Fuck. Such a good episode, yet again.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 21, 2017 8:24 PM
Jul 2017
That flashback of the girl being really cute tho.... I nutted
Dec 26, 2017 4:08 PM

Dec 2016
The second part of this episode was pretty crazy and man I thought Sengoku died and I almost killed myself in the process, I can't let that little innocent bug die! Also I liked the kind of unusual twist this show has where "everything is okay in the end" doesn't really apply, especially in this case where the curse went back to those two kids and probably will kill them
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 30, 2017 8:05 PM

Sep 2013
Not bad, but as usual, a bit slow-paced for my taste.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 27, 2018 12:43 PM

May 2018
*-* so cutie. Koyomi's harem is getting bigger...
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Oct 7, 2018 10:50 PM

Dec 2015
I really like Sengoku Nadeko. She is so cute.
KanaHana was a great choice for this role, just perfect.
This episode is one of my favourites.
Nov 24, 2018 2:54 PM

Aug 2017
I think that Nadeko and her arc are very boring and meaningless. I'm glad that Araragi and Kanbaru saved the episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 23, 2018 10:19 PM

Feb 2017
The bamboo forest looked even cooler at night.
Jan 30, 2019 4:08 PM

May 2017
Fluffy Op by NADEshiKo with a fluffy voice and talking about fluffy things in a fluffy way
I guess she's a fluffy girl
Cutest monogatari girl xb
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Apr 26, 2019 8:58 AM
Apr 2016
Damn, that plot twist sure was scary... Really good episode.
May 12, 2019 6:01 AM

Dec 2018
Added 1 more girl to Araragi's harem.

Meme gonna leave the town. And seems there's some kind of relation between Shinobu and Araragi.

Yeah you got to learn the cruel reality Araragi, you can't save all person.

And I'm wondering why the victim that Araragi met is always a girl so far.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 27, 2019 9:12 PM

Sep 2017
I liked the alternate version of Renai Circulation that played during the episode. They turned a normally happy and upbeat song into something sad and emotional. I wonder if they are just going to ditch the guy who got cursed or go and try to save him. I have a feeling Araragi would try to save him, but I'm not too sure.
Jul 10, 2019 12:54 PM
Nov 2015
* This arc gets alot of flak for being the worst one, but I still really liked it.
* I really liked the nature of her curse and what was the cause of it, we get some lore and worldbuilding with that.
* This episode didn't have alot of interactions that caught my attention except the advice meme gave koyomi. That gave more insight into koyomi character. "What goes around comes around"
* The sequence where they try to remove the snake was awesome in my opinion, the twist of two snakes, that it was from the girl and the boy who cursed her. It had on the edge of my seat, I thought she actually died. The clash with snake and araragi was also cool. With him being a half aberrant trying to take on a full abberant. The movement in the grass and the damage the snake did on his body.
* Also the ending of the arc, left me a bit unsettled and creeped me out and also a bit happy. Happy that Nadeko didn't die and was free of her ailment. Creeped out that we saw the snakes leave and go after the ones who casted it. Lord knows what gonna happen to them. So not everything ended happily like the other arcs. Although they kinda deserved it , but they are still kids I guess, that's why I'm unsettled. Definitely felt differently about the conclusion of this arc compared to the others where they were more emotional and this was more unsettling.
* Probably the weakest part of this, is that was never got the same level of insight to sengoku character that the other girls got for their respective arc, so understand why this was the weakest of this season but still really liked it in how it felt different to the others prior to it , gets more hate than it deserves. It does not suck as some people have said , and I missed the parts where there was sloppy animation, guess I wasn't paying attention to it.
Black_Sheep97Jul 10, 2019 1:01 PM
Jul 14, 2019 6:22 PM

Nov 2017
Yeah, I can understand why this arc isn't ranked very highly in the series. I've watched the whole Monogatari Series quite a few times so I can understand its purpose now. But back when I first watched this episode I was like, "Huh, that's it?".

I said Nadeko is an interesting character, but I'm only able to say that 'cause... *truck from Fairly OddParents passes by* but here marks the end of her arc. And what have we learned about her? Well, not much honestly. With Senjougahara, Hachikuji and Kanabaru you learn not only about their curses, but their insecurities, quirks, catchphrases, and what makes them them.

Nadeko is crushing on Araragi. I mean, that's cute and relatable since I had a crush on one of my sister's friends lol. Don't worry Nadeko, I'm re-watching the whole series again so you'll get the attention you deserve soon enough!
Jan 2, 2020 7:56 PM

May 2014
That was a strange and somehow weird ep. The ritual for getting rid of the snake(s) was really a simple task. But who knew it would be two snakes. On top of that we saw some action and cracked bones. Looks like one of the snake is going back to it's caster. Well, somehow he deserved it. Casting a curse on an innocent girl. Maybe we see the end of that case next week if Nadeko is willingly to tell Araragi the confessing boy caster.

What I found funny and obvious is the boy Nadeko likes. To most people that have watched anime this should be pretty obvious:

Anyway, very decent arc. I agree this may be one of the worst in the entire anime. The next one is gonna be good. I guess we are going back into the past since if I remember correct Araragi had already helped Tsubasa before the story began.
Aug 8, 2020 10:29 PM

Apr 2020
This one got me on the edge of my seat. First of all, I will miss you Renai Circulation. I officially love this show, I haven't watched an anime that made me feel like this in a long time.

As for the episode, I was stressed the whole time because at the start of the last episode Araragi mentioned how it could have ended better so for the whole episode I was expecting something bad to happen to Nadeko.

When Arargi said it could have ended up better, I assume he is referring to the snakes returning to the boy and girl who cursed Nadeko, but honestly, in my opinion, those two deserve to have the snakes attached to them. While I am aware of the fact that those two will most likely die from the snakes because they do not know how to deal with them, they really brought it upon themselves for laying such a high-level curse on Nadeko over such a petty matter.

I thought it really strange how the last episode in one of the splice ins they asked us if we had any hidden fetishes, but I do think that was pretty funny, and that interaction made finding out that Arargi likes school swimsuits even better. Just wanted to touch on that. Overall I really liked this arc and am sad to see it leave.
"Anime is trash... and so am I"

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 9, 2020 4:55 PM

Apr 2019
I like how they included extras visuals in the ED with it being more Nadeko focused.

Glad that the ritual worked out in the end, kinda sucks for the kid who placed the curse on Nadeko but you reep what you sow I guess.
Didn't think that there'd be two snake involved, but I guess it would've been too easy if it was just the one.

Not too bad of an arc.
arcticmontysAug 9, 2020 5:00 PM
Aug 13, 2020 2:41 AM

Jun 2020
sengoku is so cute, and the snake scale marks were so disturbing on her skin, the juxtaposition is great, at least it isn't boring! (sometimes after a long day & watching bake it puts me to sleep because it's SO dialogue-heavy then i end up having to re-watch episodes just so i didn't miss out anything zzzzzz)

omfg at the snake attacking him that was gnarly

great arc!! i would prefer if they were this short

while i really like kanbaru & araragi dynamics - i miss senjougahara tho!!!!! her absence is REALLY felt

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 9, 2020 3:48 AM

Jun 2020
New op..... NICENICENICENICE
Anyway another good episode.

However, I think that the animation is kinda lacking on something they should have done it better but it's ok i guess°°
Oct 24, 2020 1:06 PM

Dec 2016
noice. nadeko is so cute man, wasnt expecting for those two snakes.
Dec 4, 2020 3:33 PM

Jan 2008
So, first things first: I LOVE that Opening! I love the tune, I love nadeko... I just want to keep that! (But, actually, I very much appreciate the changes of OP/ED per story arc, that's just real dedication.)

I don't appreciate however that ecchi/hentai-like turn the show is taking every then and now. Why-- why? Couldn't we live without that "snake invading Nadeko"-imagery? It's just invalidating things for me...

Apart from that... I know this show is loved by many for its style. And don't get me wrong, I love artistic, kinda abstract anime since having watched Utena. But at this point, Bakemonogatari is taking it a bit too far for my taste. It is just so much "in your face"-unconventially abstract that I feel kinda uncomfortable with it. This is, however, very personal and I understand that many people feel differently about this.

Also, there's still a lot of episodes to come, so I'll just see what's next in store.

Jan 28, 2021 8:08 AM

Oct 2016
It's kinda sad that Renai Circulation only gets 2 episodes. Great episode, and that was a pretty short arc. That was a reality check for Araragi, he can't save everyone. Looks like we're finally going to focus on Tsubasa next episode, looking forward to it.
Jun 10, 2021 9:59 AM

Feb 2019
Ah yes, the legendary Ren'ai Circulation.
Aug 6, 2021 9:36 PM

Jun 2020
She's holding the pain in that must be really hard for Sengoku

Judging from the flashbacks they had a fun time playing together and Sengoku really looked up to Araragi at the time because she wanted a big brother to care for her or look out for her

Damn that turned out to be bloody than I imagined, But in the end, the curses returned to the sender, Nadeko's face just says it all that she's thankful to Koyomi.
Aug 20, 2021 6:42 PM
May 2020
I would've left the snake to attack the cursor ngl. law of equivalent exchange and all
Oct 28, 2021 5:09 PM
Oct 2020
ep mass

sangoku is very cute besides araragi san kanbaru are a good anti curse duo

the op is still wonderful and perfect

the "fight" scene was pretty weak

There was also a good phrase about pain and how good it is to get it out, I never imagined hearing a speech like that in bakemonogatari

for me this was the best arc so far
and by the looks of the kanbaru and araragi anti anomalies duo will act in the next arc against cats

I will really want to see this
Jan 4, 2022 5:08 AM
Jul 2018
Not to complain, but since I'm challenging myself to comment on all this season's forums, I'll say that it was my least favorite episode. It kind of lacked the classic Bakemonogatari charm from the prior episodes, the beginning was a bit slow, and there was too much fan service for comfort. Don't know why Japan loves fan service so much considering it hinders an episode rather than benefits it; but I guess that's just a difference in cultures. I'm just glad this arc only has two episodes. I don't really care much for the "heroine" of this arc -- I just find her uninteresting.

Still, it was a fine episode. Sucks what Araragi puts himself through. Araragi and Suruga have a nice dynamic. Meme is a cool character as always.

Was a leisurely watch, but geez the Nadeka character makes me uncomfortable. And I guess I'm not the only one, seeing as she's the least Favorited character out of the whole main cast. Ironic that she was bestowed the most iconic opening sequence. It's still one of the few OP's that I don't skip. (I know it's only around for a few episodes, when some anime have the same OP for 12-24 episodes... but I'm telling you, I would never skip this OP if it were the only opening for the series. Renai Circulation has peak catchiness.)

Nadeka, Nadeka, eh... I certainly can relate to her trouble past though. Having no friends, or sometimes being stuck with an older kid and feeling intimidated. I'll have to critique the writing though, and ask WHY Nadeka is unpopular, and WHY she didn't have many friends? They didn't give us any severe flaws or reasons for her to be lonely. Also, her personality seems slightly inconsistent -- either that, or just lacking. Weak character overall. She's got my sympathy, but not my interest.
removed-userJan 4, 2022 5:12 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Apr 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.