Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 17, 2011 5:52 PM

Jun 2009
I wonder what's up with Boa...at first I thought she was blushing because she has a thing for Luffy (which I think she does), but maybe that was a bit of foreshadowing about this sickness. My guess is that maybe it has something to do with her brand..and the world government is trying to use it to get her to fight in the war...

And, as much as I hate Luffy not going after the others, it's definitely understandable. Damn, I'm gonna miss those guys.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 13, 2011 12:21 AM
Jul 2018
DeathReaper said:

Boa looks even hotter with the "Mysterious disease" :3 < Love sick? XD

that's what it seems like.
Jul 14, 2011 6:28 PM

May 2010
Its going bad to worse.. an unknown disease? Huhuhu Loved the Luffy version of Bink’s Sake.. Manoman, how I wish Sanji was dropped down on Amazon Lily.. haha there’s some sexed-crazed girls on that island LOL
Finally we have a move on.. Luffy now knows about the execution of his brother.. Things are still shaping up! :-D
Aug 5, 2011 7:12 AM

Aug 2010
lol @ boa being in love
Feb 3, 2012 11:49 AM

Jan 2012
aw, i love how much luffy cared about ace and freaked out. ii was afraid he was going to be apathetic or something because he was so nonchalant when ace popped up in arabasta.
Nov 18, 2012 3:15 PM

Mar 2010
Random disease.. Lol about all the women wanting to touch luffy.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 24, 2013 4:03 AM

Nov 2012
Aw man, I was hoping the girls around Luffy knew Bink's Sake and would join in with him.

The plot thickens.
Aug 22, 2013 10:06 AM

Apr 2012
Luffy singing Bink's Sake was just the cutest thing ever <3
but he's definitely worried now that he's learned about Ace's execution.
If they can heal Hancock then he has a chance of boarding a navy ship and saving him!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2013 1:07 PM

Jun 2012
Too bad! I wanted all of the StrawHat pirates to go save Ace T________T I feel empty without all of them
Jan 30, 2014 10:32 AM

Dec 2012
MyNinjanerd said:
Too bad! I wanted all of the StrawHat pirates to go save Ace T________T I feel empty without all of them

Yeah me too. I am more worried now that Luffy will go by himself.... Poor Luffy and ACEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Feb 9, 2014 12:56 AM

Aug 2013
AAAAACEEEEEEEEEEEE
May 19, 2014 3:36 AM

Jun 2013
Luffy x Margaret
May 30, 2014 8:17 AM

Oct 2012
The only song in One Piece : Bink's Sake..
Yohohoho~ Yohohoho~

Dat chopstick face
Aw... I miss Usopp and Chopper
Trio baka come back!!

Lol Luffy got his harem, the entire island
"You guys jelly him so much?? You musn't you know" xD

Aceeee nooo :(
Hancock's unknown disease... Sureeeee xD

mythical020 said:
Luffy x Margaret

+1 xD
"Signature removed"
Jul 13, 2014 9:47 AM

May 2013
Awesome.
Sep 10, 2014 9:45 PM

Apr 2011
Ahh the emotions all over the place!!!!! This build up for Ace has been happening for so long and now he's just finding out at the last minute!!! DAMNIT WHATS WRONG HIBEHIME???
Oct 1, 2014 3:19 PM

Oct 2013
Great episode.

Oct 2, 2014 10:31 PM

Jan 2014
Luffy finally learns of Ace's execution.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 12, 2015 11:00 PM

Jun 2015
I'm already spoiled about ace :l , thanks internet
Mar 31, 2016 3:22 PM

May 2013
Ah... this makes me miss Brook D':
Jul 26, 2016 6:07 AM

Mar 2015
Luffy finally learns of his brother's impending execution
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 29, 2016 3:41 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Luffys face when he finds out what happens to my beloved Ace ... :<

Mar 15, 2017 6:37 PM

May 2014
The banquet was hilarious- Luffy is a total hit with the Ladies, but honestly I feel sorry for Hancock and whoever else is unlucky enough to fall in love with him. He's so dense XD

And so that arc finally draws near.
I actually teared up a little when Luffy started screaming "he's my big brother!"...the Seiyuu in OP do an especially good job during the emotional moments.

I liked the moment when Luffy decides he's gonna go straight to Ace, even if it means he can't see his crew for a while- despite not being entirely sure if they're actually safe or not. He loves his big bro a ton, that's for sure!

I wonder what's wrong with Hancock, and whether it can be rectified- and fast!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2018 3:39 PM

Jul 2016
Is she love sick? haha i guess men really are a virus hahaha
Feb 14, 2019 10:06 AM

Jun 2016
This arc is awesome, who would have known it would have started on an adventure to Fishman island and end up here... Only Oda can make me laugh my butt off for 15 minutes and then cry for the remainder of the episode. Luffy is the perfect character for the tone of One Piece. The way he lives is always 100%, always looking forward, always having a good time and not taking things too seriously, not letting things get to him, until something calls for action and he's able to switch to a very serious and tear-inducing person in the snap of your fingers. I love that about him so much. He's the type to only fight for things worth fighting for and to enjoy himself all the time outside of that, but when those times come he will be an entirely different person.

The first half of the episode was hysterical, I was laughing and I was totally happy. Seeing Luffy show the Kuja tribe how to have a banquet, renditioning his own version of binks sake, showing them all his tricks, and turning a hateful group of women into his fan club was wonderful. It reminded me of back when him and Blackbeard became bros in their brief meeting at Mock Town. If given a chance Luffy can become friends with nearly anyone in an instant.

Speaking of that, rewatching the scenes Blackbeard was introduced in are quite interesting. He preaches the age where pirates dream and tells Luffy to follow his ambitions, speaking down on Doflamingo's attempts at a new era. The two had a really joyous meeting. It also showed Luffy looking at both Shanks AND Ace as his heroes which made the events this episode even more sad.

Even Luffy's interactions with Granny 'bean' was hilarious. I love how he showed that he has no awareness of anything outside of him and his nakama and the things he thinks are cool. He didn't even know Boa was a Warlord. "Do you read newspapers?!?", and a blunt response of "No, I don't read them.", because why would he!! He has no shame and I love it, he just cares about what he cares about. The moment where he said it was too much information before going to drink some tea made me laugh ridiculously hard to me, the panicked confusion and then the clueless expression as he took a sip signified to me that it all went in one ear and out the next.
It was so wonderful.

And the very next moments showed that duality of Luffy's I mentioned at the start of the post. It's as if all this information is cluelessly going past Luffy, he doesn't even comprehend it. It's one of the most charming and hilarious parts of his character, the fact that he doesn't even care about his crews backstories, just their current actions. He's 100% in the present just following what he wants to do with the people he loves. Yet, the second he heard about Ace that switch went off. He changed from that loving and joyous boy. You could see how intense he was, “Ace is going to die” was the one thing that made it through to his head out of everything Granny told him. He shook Granny bean and yelled at her, HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE, ACE IS HIS BROTHER. TELL HIM ABOUT ACE. The way he was shaking and his expressions and the abruptness of this mood change were so powerful to me.

Luffy had to question the faith he had in Ace. He wanted to let him deal with his troubles on his own but now it seems the Vivre card is working the opposite way it was intended, not for Ace to look out for his little bro, but for Luffy to look out for Ace. I wonder if these events will make Luffy more aware of the world events going on around him, it's nearly too late to save one of his heroes lives. Coming off his past losses where he nearly had his nakama die and nearly had his new friends die, this hits hard. Granny Nyon had a lot of emotion too as her eyes were watery, she knew what she was telling Luffy hurt him but she wanted to get everything out there for him. It's respectable for her, and her being someone who probably feels the same connection with Boa, she knows Luffy would too take that one in a million to save his brother like she would her pseudo-daughters. Maybe I'm going too far but I felt a lot going on with her too.

In a Luffy fashion he doesn't care about the consequences. He will go there somehow, he doesn't care about anything else but making it there in time. My tears started to slow down as I realized it wasn't as hopeless as it seems. Sadly Luffy keeps disregarding haki, probably as something mysterious and magical as that's how he explains things that go over his head. But now's the time he'll need it most and on a 4 day ship ride to Marineford we could get a 4 day training sequence where he learns the basics at least. I'm assuming that has to happen. Luffy may not ask for it but someone will tell him he needs it to have even that one in a million chance to save Ace. Further, Luffy thinks he's leaving his friends behind but if you think about it, they know Luffy so well, if they hear news about Ace they will go to Marineford too. THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND. They are strong as hell and love Luffy to death. They know he's going there and we will have some wicked scenes involving them all reaching Luffy together in this upcoming battle. Further, we have the navy ship we need and Luffy can go on it in secret potentially, and he has a Warlord comrade who hates the World Government and will probably gladly attack them with him. It's abrupt but not a horrible situation. Luffy could be far more hopeless here. There are opportunities they can grasp. BUT THEN BOA GOT A TERMINAL ILLNESS, THANKS ODA, NOW WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!?!

Anyways, sidenote, on the news paper we saw two things. Blackbeard's picture
Probably news on him becoming a warlord and defeating Ace. And A PICTURE OF BUGGY!
We can see the Celestial Dragon attack article which we know already, but on the side it's Buggy. Now I don't think this is for no good reason, Buggy is up to something and it's big enough to be in the newspaper, on the same page as a celestial dragon attack no less.

How the heck did I end up writing this much?!?!
Aug 9, 2020 1:28 PM

May 2016
Luffy's living not just Sanji's but every man's dream by being the center of attention of hundreds of women while feasting on delicious food like there was no tomorrow and he took it for granted lmao

It's a very big surprise to find out that there's not enough time for Luffy and his crewmates to reunite in time to save Ace and the guy going all the way to Impel Down and possibly even Marineford to rescue his older brother by himself is a very gargantuan task indeed.

I'm very concerned for Boa but it's likely that this is the Saga of "If I don't see Luffy and show him my adoration for him soon, I might die Disease" or at least I hope it is.

Aug 20, 2020 3:53 PM

May 2020
English dub: "Let's find him and touch him!" xD

So Luffy finally finds out about Ace's public execution!
Sep 17, 2020 4:56 PM

Dec 2007
my guess is... hencock get a love sick over luffy? xD

and of course luffy is going to save his brother, like he saved everybody else!

the luffy singing was so LOL
May 27, 2021 9:38 AM

Jun 2019
Luffy gotta handle too many things at once.
Jul 7, 2021 4:14 AM

Dec 2012
Hancock is definitely LOVE SICK!!!

Aug 11, 2021 2:48 PM

Aug 2021
Luffy finally learns the result of ace vs blackbeard
And he's gonna go rescue ace now but to me it looks completely pointless since he'll be still useless against the shichibukai and admirals

Mysterious disease :0
May 24, 2022 4:18 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, Luffy has an entire island of women wanting to "touch" him, the absolute harem king.
Aug 26, 2022 1:02 PM

Apr 2018
I'm gonna laugh if she has the love sickness~
Jan 25, 2023 8:07 AM
Feb 2022
Luego del banquete, golpea la realidad. El hermano de Luffy será ejecutado, y Luffy piensa ir a salvarlo. Pero para la mala suerte de Luffy, Boa ha enfermado del corazón.
Mar 11, 2023 3:06 PM
Jun 2022
bae 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Jun 9, 2023 2:13 AM
Oct 2019
Luffy singing Bink's Sake was Amazing.

That's crazy to think about Oda has planning the Vivre Card since Arabasta.

Also Boa is sick from Love with Luffy LMAO

Let's go rescue Ace!!
davidyodo24Jun 9, 2023 8:08 AM
Nov 6, 2023 3:31 AM

Mar 2017
I can’t wait to see Sanji’s face when Luffy tells him about his adventures xD

And he’s clearly going to have to team up with someone if he wants to stand a chance at saving Ace. Who will that be I wonder?? Boa looks to be a top candidate..
Jan 24, 11:14 AM

Oct 2019
OKAY OKAY???

I wonder how will Luffy reconnect with other straw hats, I mean he can't go to save ace without his team, right...??
Apr 27, 12:03 AM

Dec 2022
Luffy literally has an entire country of girls lined up to touch him, a worthy feat for the king of pirates before his next adventure
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 354 Discussion

Netforce - May 18, 2008

45 by rubynmx »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1103 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 4

39 by Eleben »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelleee - Sep 13, 2008

378 by macsaviour »»
Yesterday, 3:06 PM

» Do you believe in Fishmen rights?

Dumb - May 5

17 by Jamk_ »»
Yesterday, 1:35 PM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1003 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 11, 2021

63 by adeptus_shane »»
Yesterday, 12:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.