Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2021 5:06 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty mid episode again. The first half was finest anime original addition padding. Samurai turning into ice onis, Big Mom meeting Perospero and Marco. We got more onscreen Minks than in the manga. Sicilian dealt the final blow to Nangi, Carrot went ham on fodder. Wanda's boobies were on fleek btw. There was one extra Yamato scene as well. Amusing after not seeing her for a minute, yet also pointless or even negative to note when we see the same characters in the same spot doing the same thing as before/afterwards in their next scene. Makes it feel noticably more repetitive. That's why these filler are such a double edged sword. Welp, we have to deal with it. Overall I still appreciate the effort to smooth out the rough transitions we had in the manga. Abundance of still shots and recycled ones at that was expected since they're saving resources.

The episode still turned up a bit up during the second half. Inu and Neko ain't playing. F for Jack....He always gets L matchups, lmao. But unlike Big Mom who still wasn't up (yes that was anime original as well) after getting turned into a wheel, he wasn't disrepected any further.

Hyped for next week. That's when we will find out whether sacrificing this episode will be worth it or not. Preview looked promising. Sure the full sakuga experience will be something else, I have faith in that. They just need to give us OST's to match that.

@AhriTheS3xyFox

How was it to see Yamato again? You even got an extra scene.

@Ayu_01 He's here, CGI Kaido
FMmatronDec 12, 2021 3:23 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 11, 2021 5:42 PM

Sep 2015
And i'm here... good episode too
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 11, 2021 6:26 PM

Sep 2015
Unexpcdedly the ice bullets shot from Queen made the Samurais turn into some type of Ogre?!!?

AND WAAAH YAMATO IS THAT REALLY YOU?!?! MY BABY I MISSED YOU!! IT'S BEEN 3 EPISODES SINCE I LAST SAW YOU

Duke storm and Cat viper with their transformation and different voices are so cool this episode !

Hopefully the scratch that happend to Jack, becomes a permanent scar, but although his horn is just going to grow back sadly...

Aw man... another re-cap to Whole cake island..

And seeing how Sanji is following Luffy, I bet the purpose of that is so Sanji can see YAMATO!!!

But the ending was epic I guess

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 11, 2021 6:27 PM

Sep 2015
FMmatron said:

@AhriTheS3xyFox

It was very refreshing for once, the only good part of this episode honestly.

The rest was meh

Dec 11, 2021 6:31 PM

May 2020
We finally get to see Queen's virus in action! Carrot is finally getting her revenge against Perospero and we get a flashback to Pedro's death, can't wait for next week!
Dec 11, 2021 6:46 PM

Feb 2010
I think this would've been the perfect place to end episode 1000 with the flame rend.
Dec 11, 2021 6:49 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was nicely done. Looking forward to the next episode. That scene with Kinemon cutting Kaido's Bolo Breath was so good animation and art. Wow. Cannot wait to see the next parts of the event we have been waiting for a while. X3
Dec 11, 2021 7:23 PM
Nov 2020
Good pacing for once next episode gonna be fye
Dec 11, 2021 7:26 PM
Jul 2018
Well done, flame rend move is effective.
Dec 11, 2021 7:28 PM

Jul 2007
FreshIngredient said:
I think this would've been the perfect place to end episode 1000 with the flame rend.

Actually no, next episode was what I was potentually thinking EP 1000 could have been if the studio just switched around a few scenes from the manga. It would have been possible and probably feel far more worthy of a 1000 milestone at least in terms of budget and animation. But I think the focus for the 1000th episode was the straw hats them selfs and would have been a bit weird if it was just the scabbards we have only known for the NW parts of the story, some of which just got introduced in this arc.

So keeping the 1000th episode as a celeberation for the straw hats coming together with there newest member Jimbie was fitting. But wait till people see CH 1000 lol.. THAT was FAR more of a greater moment for a 1000 milestone. Probably one of the most bad ass scenes in the whole manga and the anime will most likely make it look even cooler.
ArtimesGamerDec 11, 2021 7:32 PM

Dec 11, 2021 7:29 PM

May 2018
cgi Kaido, gross.
Dec 11, 2021 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, so those ice rounds or let me better phrase it, "plague" rounds, not only turn people into ice ogres, those ice ogres can also turn other people into one of them through biting . That's actually crazy and a big problem in my eyes, if nobody is able to stop Queen. Reminds me somewhat on the disgusting experiments of Caesar Clown.

Shinobu and Momo still running from Yamato which is kinda funny, even if I got a little bit triggered when Momo indicated Yamato as a "he".... Shame on you Momo, I thought you were a man of culture.

The fight between the minks and the beast pirates also began to slowly come to an end, where only Jack was still standing in the way of Kinemon and Co. I knew Cat Viper and Dogstorm were strong, but I can't believe by how much they're overwhelming Jack. Without Kaidos intervention, they could have easily killed him. Like Kaido mentioned, both of them in Sulong form are way too strong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a furry, but that was a nice angle we got from Wanda there *cough*
Anyways, like expected Perospero wasn't able to change Big Moms mind in bringing down Kaido, rather than staying allied with him, which also disbanded the deal he made with Marco.
It was just a short little conversation between Marco and Big Mom, but the atmosphere shifted quickly and I absolutely love Marco for how badass he is. The Whitebeard pirates might not exist anymore, but like he said, all of them are free to do whatever they believe in. The result obviously now is a clash with Big Mom, but knowing Marco, I'm confident he will be fine.

Feels bad seeing Pedros death again, especially for Carrot. But now with Perospero and the full moon in her sight, she will 100% attack him to avenge Pedro.

The ending was also intense with Kaido attacking the Akazaya. I honestly wasn't expecting Kinemon being able to cut through Kaidos flame breath so easily, holy shit. Overall animation in this episode, especially during the action looked amazing and I honestly can't wait to see what we will get next.

Dec 11, 2021 8:17 PM
Jan 2021
Raging-Man said:
cgi Kaido, gross.

Where was the CGI? I didn't see any
Dec 11, 2021 8:35 PM

Oct 2017
Marco hype!

Kinemon cut Kaido's breath, that was badass.
Dec 11, 2021 9:13 PM

Apr 2021
lots of fallen soldier but still glad to see the minks finally getting the revenge they deserve with the 2 slashing up jack’s eye and ivory tusk.

love seeing some of carrot too. that pero pero lick triggered some bad memoried, flashback had me tear up for a moment :’D

as suggested by the title, it s kinda expected that we’re getting the akazaya vs kaido next week and i cant wait for that! ^^
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Dec 11, 2021 9:35 PM

Aug 2021
Carrot go kick the Perospero's butt for doing that to Pedro ;-;
The visuals of the Akazaya vs Kaido were amazing even if only one attack from kin'emon was shown....
Dec 11, 2021 10:15 PM

Dec 2013
Kinemon cutting down Kaido's attack was badass. I'm honestly really looking forward to this fight.
Dec 11, 2021 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
Overall pretty neat episode, animation was better than regular episodes.
Looking forward to next episode(from preview, I can say the episode is not as good as its hyped but I will wait for the episode)!!
Dec 11, 2021 10:38 PM
Jul 2020
FMmatron said:
Pretty mid episode again. The first half was finest anime original addition padding. Samurai turning into ice onis, Big Mom meeting Perospero and Marco. We got more onscreen Minks than in the manga. Sicilian dealt the final blow to Nangi, Carrot went ham on fodder. Wanda's boobies were on fleek btw. There was one extra Yamato scene as well. Amusing after not seeing her for a minute, yet also pointless or even negative to note when we see the same characters in the same spot doing the same thing as before/afterwards in their next scene. Makes it feel noticably more repetitive. That's why these filler are such a double edged sword. Welp, we have to deal with it. Overall I still appreciate the effort to smooth out the rough transitions we had in the manga. Abundance of still shots and recycled ones at that was expected since they're saving resources.

The episode still turned up a bit up during the second half. Inu and Neko ain't playing. F for Jack....He always gets L matchups, lmao. But unlike Big Mom who still wasn't up (yes that was anime original as well) after getting turned into a wheel, he wasn't disrepected any further.

Hyped for next week. That's when we will find out whether sacrificing this episode will be worth it or not. Preview looked promising. Sure the full sakuga experience will be something else, I have faith in that. They just need to give us OST's to match that.

@AhriTheS3xyFox

Still better than in manga but idk how would they make the fight better ngl the scabbard manga in fight was 10/10 in manga.Eps was mid but due to frequent cutting from scene.
Jack the drought taking his L as always but glad and cant stresss how good it was for them to extend even a bit.3/5 eps
Dec 11, 2021 10:41 PM
Jul 2020
VolKur said:
Looking forward to next episode(from preview, I can say the episode is not as good as its hyped but I will wait for the episode)!!

Exactly they hyped the 1004 eps way too much sure the manga was 10/10.,but it is impossible to match ep 870 only g5 luffy (if it happens)or 1010 might match it nothing less .Still looks like we will get a 10/10 ep
Dec 11, 2021 10:46 PM

Jul 2008
Well now were up to the virus part...personally I never liked this part of the arc.

But Akazaya vs Kaido BRING IT ON!!!
Dec 11, 2021 10:48 PM

Sep 2018
Man, Jack is useless in his Mammoth form. Too big and slow to do anything and can only throw his trunk around to attack, can barely defend lol..... The same goes for a lot of these Zoan types actually, they're far better off in the human form, Oda screwed up with this idea IMO... I already know they're going to fight Kaido mostly in his human form.
Dec 11, 2021 10:54 PM

Sep 2015
tookthisusername said:
Carrot go kick the Perospero's butt for doing that to Pedro ;-;
The visuals of the Akazaya vs Kaido were amazing even if only one attack from kin'emon was shown....

I hope you're ready for episode 1004!! It's going to be awesome !

Dec 11, 2021 11:49 PM

Jan 2014
So Queen's secret weapon rounds were an ogre virus transforming their targets into ice demons that can spread the plague to others. A pretty destructive form of warfare and would clear out large amounts of forces foe and friendly alike. But, if left uncontained it could certainly get out of hand; wonder if Queen is immune or has a cure for it just in case he would be bitten by one of the infected.

Yamato yamato yamato what are you still doing XD Luffy didn't get a chance to fully explain so you are freaking out Shinobu and Momo you can be inspired by Oden and admire him but just be yourself Yamato ^-^ and carve out your own journey! I am sure you will be accepted once they get to know you better.

Nice to see Jack get taken down receiving an eye scar and getting his tusk cut plus the Sulong forms are still awesome in their look. Kaido intervening on that fight to prevent Jack from being beaten down further was a refreshing change from the type of villain that would kill or beat his own subordinates for failing. Speaking of Sulong forms looks like we will get to see Carrot's again in the near future I did like how her hearing picked up Perospero's distinct mannerism and she had to verify whether Pedro's killer was here on the island. If they fight it should be exciting to see and hopefully she can avenge Pedro's death!

Black Maria weaving a song and still looking and sounding very hot always welcome! Seems at least for now the alliance will hold and it was great seeing Marco stare down Big Mom without blinking and it is true Whitebeard might be gone from this world but the will he carried and inspired in his family still burns brightly and thus, they move forward with their freedom carving out their own futures.

But, the major highlight of this episode would have to be Kin'emon slashing through Kaido's fire breath attack while delivering a cut right to his face! Great hearing our Samurai's determination and how they have longed for this day to fight Kaido and if this prelude is any indication this will be one hell of a battle!

Dec 12, 2021 12:35 AM

Aug 2019
Another mediocre episode. The pacing didn't seem so bad at first, but then they had to ruin it in the second half with that unnecessary Pedro flashback; Toei, we've seen flashbacks of Pedro dying so many times now, enough is enough.

Also I couldn't help but cackle at the fact that Nekomamushi and Inuarashi were shit talking Jack for like 2 or 3 minutes and yet when we finally saw them fight, it was short and sloppy as hell. All that waiting for little payoff smh...
Dec 12, 2021 12:55 AM

Nov 2012
I am over Yamato running screaming that she's Oden. She's insane. Shinobu would would be the worst ninja-bodyguard ever if she stopped running. Not I wanna be like Oden and changed my name, but I'm your father, Oden, with a pair of double EEz on her chest. Yup, that makes sense.
Dec 12, 2021 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
Ayu_01 said:
VolKur said:

Exactly they hyped the 1004 eps way too much sure the manga was 10/10.,but it is impossible to match ep 870 only g5 luffy (if it happens)or 1010 might match it nothing less .Still looks like we will get a 10/10 ep

Yeah, I agree with you but I think in action+animation Roof Piece(chapter 1000-1002,1009-1010) will be best in whole series. And you also cannot forget chapters like 1023, 1021, 1017 and 1026. They will be amazing in on while other level.
Scabbards vs kaido in manga is 10/10 and what makes it even more better is its artwork(I loved the artwork).
Dec 12, 2021 1:53 AM
Aug 2020
Great build up for akazaya v kaido in next week episode.
Dec 12, 2021 1:58 AM
Jul 2020
VolKur said:
Ayu_01 said:

Yeah, I agree with you but I think in action+animation Roof Piece(chapter 1000-1002,1009-1010) will be best in whole series. And you also cannot forget chapters like 1023, 1021, 1017 and 1026. They will be amazing in on while other level.
Scabbards vs kaido in manga is 10/10 and what makes it even more better is its artwork(I loved the artwork).

True the manga panneling was goat for that action sequence,what happened in 1017 i dont remember,,1033 would be on the other level as well i guess toei being zoro fanboy will match it to other level.1034 would definelty improvise manga by 1000% the idea was excellent by oda to show how sanji surparssed his famliy together and show his powerup but execution was meh.Toei will elevate that chapter.
Dec 12, 2021 2:10 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like the chaos is still going on. Those Plague rounds are quite dangerous. Jack got destroyed in this episode but Kaido came back to his aid and now he's fighting Akazaya. On the other hand, Big Mom tells Perospero about their alliance and Marco will have to face Big Mom. Carrot wants to fight Perospero.

So many fights all over the place.
Dec 12, 2021 2:15 AM
Jul 2018
Ayu_01 said:
VolKur said:

True the manga panneling was goat for that action sequence,what happened in 1017 i dont remember,,1033 would be on the other level as well i guess toei being zoro fanboy will match it to other level.1034 would definelty improvise manga by 1000% the idea was excellent by oda to show how sanji surparssed his famliy together and show his powerup but execution was meh.Toei will elevate that chapter.

1017 is Who's Who vs you know who and in the end of that chapter something was revealed about a certain fruit as well and in the next episode we got to know about fire god!!
Dec 12, 2021 2:50 AM

Jul 2016
MegamiRem said:
Marco hype!

Kinemon cut Kaido's breath, that was badass.

Marco is one badass mother fucker.
Dec 12, 2021 4:51 AM

Oct 2018
good episode even if it's again a little slow with just few pages animated
Dec 12, 2021 5:35 AM
Feb 2021
i cringe so hard every time i see someone call Yamato by "he", like she's a boy, just stop, she has big mommy milkers, she is a woman,its getting so damn annoying
Dec 12, 2021 6:31 AM
Oct 2021
once again , this episode were so good , and we had more black Maria moments so I loved it lol
Dec 12, 2021 6:47 AM
Dec 2018
-slow
-weird a lot of times
-great art
-solid ending
-nep hype

6/10
Dec 12, 2021 8:25 AM
Dec 2019
This episode was ok but my favorite part was when Kin'emon cut kaido's fire in half.
Dec 12, 2021 11:13 AM
Nov 2020
They only got 4 pages done… but next ep is going to be hype
Dec 12, 2021 11:35 AM

Aug 2019
Nurularifin said:
but next ep is going to be hype

I have to laugh because several people last week said the same thing about this episode, and yet the only real "hype" moment was Kinemon slicing Kaido's Blast Breath, which in itself was a really short scene.
Dec 12, 2021 12:30 PM
Jan 2021
FMmatron said:

@AhriTheS3xyFox

DO NOT EVER DISRESPECT ONE PIECE EVER AGAIN! EVERY EPISODE OF ONE PIECE IS BETTER THAN THE LAST. IT'S ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS AND ONE OF THE REASONS ONE PIECE IS THE GREATEST FICTIONAL WORK IN EXISTENCE!
Dec 12, 2021 12:32 PM
Jan 2021
Firstly we got Dogstorm and Cat Viper getting payback for the sake of the Minks. They took down Jack the Drought, the same man who came to Zou and released a toxic gas that agonized and brought despair upon many minks. That's what he gets for messing with them and standing in their way of kicking Kaido's ass.

Queen's Plague Rounds are freezing the samurai's skin and turning him into ogres that go in and eat the other samurai. Zoro and Drake have to avoid these bullets obviously.

Momonosuke and Yamato are running from Yamato, despite the fact that LUFFY SAID YAMATO IS AN ALLY. At least Momonosuke is starting to get the concept THAT ANYTHING LUFFY SAYS IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE!

My girl Wanda is doing a great job preventing the irrelevant Animal Kingdom Pirate subordinates from wasting any of Luffy's time. She understands that Luffy's time is very valuable and that no one should be messing with it.

Then Carrot comes in to back her up, until she senses Perospero, Pedro's killer, and goes straight for him.

The alliance between Marco and Perospero breaks up after their chat with Big Mom, so now Big Mom and Marco are about to duke it out.

Luffy and Sanji are running towards Kaido and for some reason, the irrelevant Animal Kingdom Pirates have the AUDACITY to get in Luffy's way again! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE ABSOLUTE DEGENERATE IDIOTIC MONKEYS?! GET OUT OF LUFFY'S WAY. We got the true fight between the Akazaya and Kaido starting with a BANG as Kin'emon cuts Kaido's Blast Breath with EAASSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm excited for the future badassery of One Piece!
Dec 12, 2021 3:22 PM

Nov 2016
VolKur said:

The preview looked in fact promising. The thing you gotta consider is that it didn't show all the key animation

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 12, 2021 4:10 PM
Jul 2018
Carrot found their enemies after Big Mom's crew turned up in Onigashima Big Mom's crew were all amazed after hearing the news about Big Mom making an alliance with Kaido I found very interesting.
Dec 12, 2021 5:53 PM

Nov 2008
Interesting contrast in perspectives between Samurai and Pirates: Oden's retainers are willing to die while trying to achieve Odens goals decades after Oden's death, while Big Mom and Marco both agree that a dead man's words (in this case Whitebeard's) have no hold on the present. Chivalry versus Pragmatism, I guess.

It will also be interesting to see just what Marco can do against Big Mom. He is powerful, but is he Yonko-level powerful?

I also found it fascinating that Kaido showed compassion towards Jack. Maybe Kaido isn't quite that total monster that he appears.
dbaranyiDec 12, 2021 5:58 PM
Dec 13, 2021 6:09 AM

Jul 2013
Damn so Big Mom is really serious about allying herself with Kaido although it's for selfish purposes obviously but still how can the Strawhats win against both of them even with all these help.
Dec 13, 2021 8:39 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
At this point, where the hell was Kin'nemon in Dressrosa.
Dec 13, 2021 8:47 AM

Dec 2019
Was a better ep than the last 2 imo
Dec 13, 2021 1:19 PM

May 2014
Toei really has mastered the downgrade recipe. Making an ep. from only 5-6 pages, with dragged-out scenes + flashbacks. Also, congratulation, opening 23 has the highest count of eps. which is currently on 69 eps., beating the Dressrosa opening 17 that had 50+ eps. on it. I wonder if they will use the same opening throughout the Wano arc. xD xD xD

It doesn't come as a shock. Recently I learned DB and DBZ, which consist of almost 450 eps. had only 2 openings and probably 2-3 endings. LOL.

When it comes to the shounen series, A-1 studios are one of the best at creating openings and staying faithful to the manga. So much better strategy to put the series on hiatus making the series more enjoyable. With this pace, OP will probably last another 1000 eps. and it's good to last another 20 years. xD
Dec 14, 2021 4:53 PM
Sep 2021
I dont blame anyone who hates this Wano Arc Story like i do. In this episode in particular, you can hate on the fact that Jack is struggling to master his devil fruit ( animal type ). Jack stood still as if he could not use his massive body to his advantage. The Story made Jack to be this weak. Not only that, we have Marco who the Story makes him think he can go toe to toe with Big Mom. I mean the type of Silver Spoon in the hands of the Straw Hats is something else. Carrot now thinks she can go pound for pound with Perospero. Only Oda can place all the advantages to the Straw Hats and then put Disavantages to the enemy. here they are:

1. Full Moon
2. Jack fight minks but Not King on the Roof
3. Damage to Kaido somehow. Kaido's Attack intercepted
4. Big Mom tossed outside like a Rag Doll

So much to Hate here
Vote One Piece Film Red Fan Service Click Here
Dec 16, 2021 1:32 AM

Mar 2020
Probably the longest I've taken to watch an episode of OP after it came out ever since I caught up. Damn Big Mom is planning to use even Kaido to get the One Piece, pretty vile. Ino and Neko landing hits on Jack finally. Black Maria sings in an interesting way lmao, stellar animation towards the end with Scabbards and Marco vs Big Mom and epic moment with the Scabbards at the end. If not the pacing, at least the animation has been pretty great recently.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:30 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.