Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 13, 2014 8:35 PM

Jan 2013
The last few minutes were really good.
It's progressing slower then I would have liked
Wished the kiss scene happened mid season and the series would explore what happens after they get comfortable with each other
Mar 13, 2014 9:13 PM

Jan 2014
ma_ko said:
Rikka is such a boring character right now. Shichimiya definitely my fav. I'll admit, I cried when she was crying and I'm the type of person that would probably drop this show after this ep knowing that she cannot win... Why, such a great character is introduced now, near the end of the second season -.-

DGemu said:
Took 10 episodes to get me interested.
;/

Yes, I think they wasted to much time in things like a Kumin's episode. It was a nice move to make some RikkaxYuuta development halfway the season, so Satone could develop hers at the end, making the drama. But still, I think there was a lot of filler.

Laraid said:
You know who needs some love? Isshiki. It's just plain cruel how everyone forgot about him.

Totally agree. His character was wasted. Even that annoying little girl, a totally unnecesary character,l got more screen time. To moe-harem.

VanishingKira said:
Wonder how they'll manage to resolve all the drama in just 2 episodes?

Well, seeing how they made Satone here, I don't think she's going full berserk over Rikka like the LN, but I do hope her to take some initiative and no to hold her feelings anymore. A fight against Yuuta would be amazing.
Mar 13, 2014 9:24 PM

Jun 2013
Sooo many Shichimiya feels
Mar 13, 2014 10:15 PM

Jan 2011
daysun22 said:
"this time we won't make Rikka suffer, don't worry about it!" ...BUT WE'RE GONNA MAKE SATONE CRY HER HEART OUT AND WISH SHE HAD NEVER BEEN BORN.

That was cruel, too cruel. Rikka and Yuuta have more of a father-daughter relationship, but with Satone it was always a lot more mature. Truth be told, even if Rikka is cuter, Satone is a much better character. Kinda want her to win in the end, but we all know that ain't happening

Satone is way more cute than Rikka tbh. She overshadows her in every way possible - character, art, etc. Im pretty sure its not just me :D

The highlight of the episode for me was the waterballoon Nibutani threw that Touka would have caught midair if Cento dint cut it trying to deflect it midway :D I LoL-ed to tears on that one. Pure win :D
Mar 13, 2014 10:20 PM

Jul 2009
if life was an anime, id be one of those jealous guys in his classroom glaring at him wishing he would die for being surrounded by girls LOL.

LIFE IS SO UNFAIR.

p.s. satone for best girl?! MAYBE... need more nubutani. must fight off the hnghhh from new girl. nubutani still best girl!! UGHHH. critical hito.

quite a pickle youre in dark flame master. a very nice problem mind you.
KurogashiMar 13, 2014 10:23 PM
Mar 13, 2014 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
Why cant Shichimiya win?

:(
Mar 13, 2014 10:53 PM

Mar 2013
Shichimiya Turn her love into a rpg game,
feel little bad for her.
Mar 13, 2014 11:06 PM

Oct 2013
I really pity Shichimiya, I understand how much it would affect you if someone you've like / love were to disappear without notifying you. Thus you come back finding out they have their own lover now, zurui... A girl's love can never go away until it's rewritten.
Mar 13, 2014 11:11 PM

Sep 2013
How could they do this? Introduce an awesome character just to have her suffer, I hope Satone has a happy ending (with or without Yuuta) because it's too cruel what's happening to her.
Meanwhile Yuuta and Rikka have still made no progress towards anything.
Mar 13, 2014 11:19 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, it's pretty painful to watch when Satone is holding her feelings for Yuta and that ending scene was just to much to handle.

Though I appreciate the drama and Satone's personality in all, but I am not good with this love triangle that is going on around Yuta. Sorry Satone I like you and all but I'm on Rikka's side for the rest of the series.

I wonder how the last 2 episodes will look like.
omega_d94Mar 14, 2014 1:33 AM

Mar 13, 2014 11:40 PM
Dec 2011
Oh gawd, you people. Remember that Yuuta is like in 10th grade. Most people in 10th grade are pretty freaking oblivious.

Damn it, Satone, I love Rikka but you are making me question myself.

Nibutani should play baseball.
Mar 13, 2014 11:41 PM

Jul 2013
I think Satone's a lot more attractive than Rikka when she's not dressing funny.

I feel bad for her but in love it's important for the feelings and the timing to be correct. If Satone had decided to pursue a relationship during middle school, she'll be the one lovey dovey with Yuuta. A relationship involving chuunibyou can't be normal but I can't help but feel that with Satone, Yuuta would have already graduated from his virginity a long time ago =p
Mar 13, 2014 11:49 PM

Sep 2013
Perfect timing for the sword swing little girl ;)

I feel for Shichimiya, but Yuuta and Rikka belong together.
Mar 14, 2014 12:05 AM
Oct 2012
I feel so bad for Shichimiya.

I underestimated her. I thought her inclusion in this season would be nothing more than adding yet another romance rival to a romance anime. But she turned out to be more than that. Unlike most other romance rivals, she actually knows that loving Yuuta is wrong because he is in a relationship with Rikka already. She has accepted that she missed her chance with Yuuta. She wants to fight her feelings over him instead of letting them take over her.
Mar 14, 2014 12:05 AM

Aug 2013
Satone kawaii too much, the most kawaii of the anime
Rikka and Dokomori are the most boring anime
sincerely I twist so that Yuuta stay with Satone
_____

Satone kawaii demais, a mais kawaii do anime
Rikka e Dokomori são as mais chatas do anime
sinceramente torço para que Yuuta fique com Satone
Mar 14, 2014 1:29 AM

Jan 2013
In the novels, there wasn't anything to make me prefer Satone over Rikka, so I was happy when her trickiness ended fruitless.

BUT YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in the anime, she's so different - she's likable, and it's obvious that Yuuta would have a much better time with her than with Rikka (winner of worst gf award), but we all know she wins.

gg kyoani you made me commiserate with a character i didn't give a second thought in 2013
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Mar 14, 2014 1:33 AM

Oct 2010
Eh, just let both girls win, Rikka gets the "dark flame master" and satone gets "Yuuta".However, that would be a terrible ending.
Mar 14, 2014 2:14 AM

Jul 2012
Oh Satone...now I like you even more but you're not going to win ;_;

Satone really is a great character. Thoughtful, kind and sweet...accepting that she has let go of her chance in the past, she'd rather fight the feelings that return. Not only did she not sabotage anything, she even provided support and helped Rikka come to terms with her internal conflicts.
She's willing to brave the pain and it's sad to see her suffer.

Also, she's much cuter. In my mind, Satone eclipses Rikka in every way possible. Even her chuuni moments are more fun to watch and obviously, she's golden on the 'who would be the better girlfriend' front.

It sucks because I can see a Yuuta and Satone relationship that is times better than the boring father-daughter relationship Yuuta and Rikka has. I've never been a fan of Rikka and Yuuta but didn't have much of a reason to want their relationship to end until now.

Bottom line: Satone best girl.

Nibutani is being her understanding self as usual. She's great too.
And poor Isshiki. I wish he wasn't cut out this season.
Mar 14, 2014 2:20 AM

Jan 2009
Shichimiya should win but we all know that will not happen :(
Mar 14, 2014 3:52 AM

May 2009
j0x said:
Shichimiya should win but we all know that will not happen :(

Why? Because she cries like a bitch? For pity sake?
Mar 14, 2014 4:32 AM
Feb 2014
For the first time ever since I have been watching this series I dislike Rikka. Seriously, how could she simply go out and return late every night? (I'm even wondering if she was going out to meet another boy other than Yuuta).

Poor Satone, for all her dilemma she went through she probably isn't going to win Yuuta over...

KyoAni specifically does not want Rikka to suffer, so they instead made Satone suffer... I really don't understand why now. If Rikka doesn't suffer how could she grow up at all!?
Mar 14, 2014 5:04 AM

May 2009
smartboyhw said:
(I'm even wondering if she was going out to meet another boy other than Yuuta).

Wow, this is pathetic.
Mar 14, 2014 5:31 AM

Aug 2013
I really feel bad for Shichimiya, i want her to come out with her feelings. Rikka just keeps going off on her own it seems like her feelings are fading.
My Candies:
Mar 14, 2014 6:04 AM

Jul 2013
Rikka is giving Shichimiya too many chances here isn't she? Though Yuuta seemingly hasn't noticed Shichimiya's feelings yet but he probably will soon. I'm looking forward to seeing how that'll go.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Mar 14, 2014 6:20 AM

Oct 2008
babymilo91 said:
Poor Satone, having to fight off her feelings for Yuuta. Now she can't take it anymore.
There's a song in there somewhere.
Mar 14, 2014 6:48 AM

Oct 2013
I like yuuta and rikka
Mar 14, 2014 7:01 AM

Aug 2008
fuckin Yuuta. what the fuck

Rikka can't do anything. Satone is killin all the bitches right now

smartboyhw said:
For the first time ever since I have been watching this series I dislike Rikka. Seriously, how could she simply go out and return late every night? (I'm even wondering if she was going out to meet another boy other than Yuuta).
Dude, she's been out looking for that last fuckin fake token piece of garbage to awaken the dark flame dragon.
destructo22Mar 14, 2014 7:05 AM
Mar 14, 2014 7:51 AM
Apr 2013
anyone else feel bad for shichimiya?
Mar 14, 2014 8:46 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
POOR SCHICHIMIYA
I am so pumped for next weeks episode.
She just keeps getting better and better, she may become my new favorite character for this series
Mar 14, 2014 9:15 AM
Mar 2013
poor Shichimiya 8(
Mar 14, 2014 9:47 AM

Nov 2010
Poor Shichimiya, katamoi can be so cruel
The light moments were done well as usual with Dekomori and the rest
Mar 14, 2014 11:18 AM
Feb 2013
Nya,ha,ha,ha,ha too bad Sophia.
Mar 14, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2008
when will the suffering end?

;o;
Mar 14, 2014 11:37 AM

May 2009
HoboFreedom said:
when will the suffering end?

When someone finally strangles her for that annoying laugh.
Mar 14, 2014 11:47 AM

Jul 2012
Mar 14, 2014 12:46 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
last few seconds brings a new literal meaning to the phrase 'crying your heart out'
Mar 14, 2014 1:09 PM

Nov 2010
This episode made me like Shichimiya more...

Rikka goes over the top too often. She lacks "feelings".
Mar 14, 2014 2:23 PM

May 2009
Rinji- said:
This episode made me like Shichimiya more...

Rikka goes over the top too often. She lacks "feelings".

She had scenes for this in first season.
Mar 14, 2014 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
i see,the last 2 episodes will be full of drama?
i really feel for shichimiya and i prefer her over rikka because i think rikka is mostly just annoying.
i'm predicting though that yuuta will choose rikka because that's how it should go in an anime like this.
Mar 14, 2014 2:54 PM

Feb 2012
I'm rooting Shichimiya till the end. This is not the end yet!
Mar 14, 2014 3:06 PM

Aug 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Shit!!! They fuckin did it! They made me cheer for Satone (Which obviously will lose T_T)...She's officially a better character than Rikka for me.

same here, but I like her more than Rikka from beinging.
Shichimiya and Nibutani >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rikka
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 14, 2014 3:07 PM

Feb 2012
What kind of retarded people still liking Rikka? That girl is literally the worst character. Shicimiya should be the main heroine and Nibutani was such a bro. Sasugay Kyoani.
Mar 14, 2014 3:19 PM

Aug 2008
Well, I think it's time to stop watching series from KyoAni. They already sunk to J. C. Staff level with quality of characters and stories. It has been already 1,5 year since they made something actually worth watching.

Seriously, this show fails both as a comedy and romance most of the time. Maybe it would work as drama with someone trying to help these poor children with their delusions...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 14, 2014 3:35 PM

May 2009
Amble said:
What kind of retarded people still liking Rikka? That girl is literally the worst character. Shicimiya should be the main heroine and Nibutani was such a bro. Sasugay Kyoani.

What kind of reterded people starts hating Rikka only because some pinkshit cries like a bitch? Fucking plot device that suddenly gets characterization. How 10 episodes of being useless retard suddenly makes her better?
Antanaru said:
Seriously, this show fails both as a comedy and romance most of the time. Maybe it would work as drama with someone trying to help these poor children with their delusions...

Director and series compositor clearly don't care. They have gayshit for Summer and Takemoto+Gotoh for Fall.
Mar 14, 2014 4:13 PM

Jun 2009
I liked the first season, but I find myself disliking everyone except Makoto, Kumin and Shichimiya. Dekomori/Mori Summer is getting annoying. I still like Kumin, but she doesn't really do much. I kind of wish they had Makoto chasing after her like in the first season, but they made him into a cheap one liner per episode kind of character.

I'm not sure what happened this season, but I was eagerly anticipating it and I've only felt disappointed with the outcome.

Everyone is still at the same place, while Shichimiya has grown considerably as a character.
[/center]
Mar 14, 2014 4:16 PM

Apr 2012
This season offers nothing new. It's the same shit with a weak love triangle. I might be slightly retarded to keep watching but hey it's only 2 more episodes.

Mar 14, 2014 4:56 PM

Feb 2013
Jeez. I love this show as hell. But. Let's say something (I do not think many people think just like me so... don't hate me please ♥) - I love Rikka and Yuuta relationship more than Satone and Yuuta's - I mean. I fell totally in love with that pink-haired-girl, overflowed by her feelings and really, really. She's such an enjoyable character. But no matter how I see it, I still go for Yuuta/Rikka.
Why.
Simply. Let's return to season one, okay ? I am just as scared as you about Rikka, cause' she had learnt so much about being a girl, and not just the 8th grade-ill-girl lately. (moreover, Satone just freakin' came to her and yelled her "you can't be his lover this way") So. Yes. This is not going to be okay if Rikka keeps hidding behind her umbrella - and I am so frustrated about Yuuta choices to let her act like a child. Just carry her everywhere, you know ?
So. I think Satone is what will make Rikka change her mind, literally explode (like during the first season) Her mask, her little childish role it's all about, "I'm afraid I keep falling in love with you". So what I expect now, is for Yuuta to make her get that they LOVE each other and that they're not kids. Not anymore.
(Sorry. French level.)
Mar 14, 2014 5:50 PM

Aug 2012
Poor Satone. Kudos to her for being so courageous. But heck, Yuuta just ruined her victory.
To be honest, this is the most interesting episode so far, they should've executed this part of the story early on. However, no matter how dramatic this segment might be, we'll be back to square one by the 12th episode. Meh.
Mar 14, 2014 5:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
DGemu said:
Took 10 episodes to get me interested.

;/

Same here, was falling asleep most of the time with the other episodes. But I'm glad I kept watching because Satone has become a really interesting character.

Smashking said:
I feel so bad for Shichimiya.

I underestimated her. I thought her inclusion in this season would be nothing more than adding yet another romance rival to a romance anime. But she turned out to be more than that. Unlike most other romance rivals, she actually knows that loving Yuuta is wrong because he is in a relationship with Rikka already. She has accepted that she missed her chance with Yuuta. She wants to fight her feelings over him instead of letting them take over her.

Basically why I like Satone. Usually I don't like love rivals but she's quite unique in her role as a love rival. It was difficult to watch her internal battle at the end with Yuuta, my eyes were tearing up for her.
Mar 14, 2014 5:53 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting episode, i feel bad for Shichimiya...
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2014

223 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

414 by Devonnius »»
Apr 5, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

205 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 4, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

278 by FarCritical »»
Mar 3, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Rikka or Shichimiya - who do you ship with Yuuta? ( 1 2 3 )

linchpin - Mar 18, 2014

102 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.