Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Rikka or Shichimiya? Who do you ship with Yuuta?


#1
Mar 18, 2014 4:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 457
I'm just curious how many Shichimiya fans are there after the last few episodes.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
 
#2
Mar 18, 2014 4:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 4318
Shichimiya.

Although we all know that will never happen.
 
#3
Mar 18, 2014 4:39 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5487
Fuck this poll. Shichimiya is shit character forced into making love triangle because these morons didn't have better idea for last episodes drama.
 
#4
Mar 18, 2014 4:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2699
Shichimiya is clearly just for competition. We all know who Yuuta will end up with so there's no point in shipping for Yuuta x Shichimiya unless you're some kind of masochist.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
 
#5
Mar 18, 2014 4:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 4318
AsianKungFu said:
Shichimiya is clearly just for competition. We all know who Yuuta will end up with so there's no point in shipping for Yuuta x Shichimiya unless you're some kind of masochist.


*cough* >_>

TBH just ship them because the show got so damn boring I need some stimulation to keep me going
 
#6
Mar 18, 2014 5:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3828
More ship wars? I'm in!

Shichimiya (your vote)


Anyway, Tooka > Nibutani > Satone > Kumin > Rikka
 
#7
Mar 18, 2014 5:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 457
This poll isn't for criticizing the anime's writing. And I know Shichimiya isn't gonna win in the end. But still I would like her to get some love.
ainky said:
More ship wars? I'm in!

Shichimiya (your vote)


Anyway, Tooka > Nibutani > Satone > Kumin > Rikka

As for Nibutani, for me it's her x Deko-chan all the way :)
And Kumin x Pillow.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
 
#8
Mar 19, 2014 11:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1340
Yeah, I love Rikka, but ever since Satone entered the fray I've been all for Satone x Yuuta... her strong feelings for him just move the hell outta me. So Shichimiya has my vote.

I don't hate the idea of Yuuta x Rikka, just the idea of there not being a Yuuta x Satone.
 
#9
Mar 19, 2014 11:37 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5487
HalibelTheEspada said:
Yeah, I love Rikka, but ever since Satone entered the fray I've been all for Satone x Yuuta... her strong feelings for him just move the hell outta me. So Shichimiya has my vote.

I don't hate the idea of Yuuta x Rikka, just the idea of there not being a Yuuta x Satone.

But he doesn't love her, he doesn't even understand nor care about her. They are incompatible.
 
Mar 19, 2014 11:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1994
SECRET THIRD OPTION NIBUTANI
 
Mar 19, 2014 1:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 176
Well to be honest I don't think Yuuta is that interesting of a character this season. Somehow he felt more interesting than most vanilla protagonists in S1 but here I didn't see him do much at all so if I had to choose:

I'd rather ship Satone with Rikka.

From these options I prefer Satone x Yuuta as Rikka acts way too childish for him whereas Satone has a bigger measure of maturity.

And I like Rikka x Dekkomori, both share the same mindset so it wouldn't be much of a problem.
 
Mar 19, 2014 1:55 PM
Hug Addict <3

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 29195
Shichimiya is a pretty good character but don't cross the line lol, no way she should break up Yuuta x Rikka, that'd be fucking stupid. Of course it's never gonna happen anyway but damn that'd feel wrong.

More importantly I want Shinka x Dekomori to come to fruition for real before the end...

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Mar 19, 2014 2:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 417
Definitely Satone.
Like i said about episode 10 :

VeryNicePerson said:

Even if it's sad to see her like that, she's the reason of the relation development between Yuuta and Rikka.

She is not here to disrupt the love, she fights it and helps them. Sad but beautiful. Definitely my favorite character.


She will not end up with Yuuta but she is way better than Rikka IMO.
Modified by VeryNicePerson, Mar 19, 2014 2:32 PM
 
Mar 19, 2014 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 95
I like Shichimiya but.... Rikka all the way
 
Mar 19, 2014 2:34 PM
Hug Addict <3

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 29195
VeryNicePerson said:
Definitely Satone.
Like i said about episode 10 :

VeryNicePerson said:

Even if it's sad to see her like that, she's the reason of the relation development between Yuuta and Rikka.

She is not here to disrupt the love, she fights it and helps them. Sad but beautiful. Definitely my favorite character.


She will not end up with Yuuta but she is way better than Rikka IMO.
Wouldn't shipping her with Yuuta contradict the very reason you like her in that case? I.E. how she's "not there to disrupt the love, she fights it and helps them"?

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Mar 19, 2014 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 417
Yeah but actually i didn't take the poll "Who do you ship with Yuuta ?" when i answered this. It was more a "Who do you prefer between Rikka and Satone ?" thing.
 
Mar 19, 2014 2:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 19338
Yuuta x Makoto
 
Mar 19, 2014 4:20 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5487
VeryNicePerson said:
She will not end up with Yuuta but she is way better than Rikka IMO.

Shichimiya is terrible character:
-no foreshadowing in previous season
-osanajimmie
-rip off of Rikka
Completely unoriginal chararacter that worked for 9 episodes as plot device. Episode 10 drama, backstory, seemingly relevant, NOPE. She was unnecesary, she couldn't even steer shit. She was suppose to make Rikka jealous but that stopped in episode 7 and Rikka stopped thinking about her as rival.
 
Mar 19, 2014 4:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 7230
Red_Keys said:
Yuuta x Makoto

The only sensible paring alongside Dekomori X Nibutani. (edit derp I put Sanae ahaha)

Kumin is out of the picture since all she does is sleep now.
Modified by stand, Mar 19, 2014 4:35 PM
 
Mar 19, 2014 10:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 176
VeryNicePerson said:
Yeah but actually i didn't take the poll "Who do you ship with Yuuta ?" when i answered this. It was more a "Who do you prefer between Rikka and Satone ?" thing.


Yeah, I'm happy she didn't go yandere as some say she did in the novel, we needed some likable character at least and she's the only reason I haven't dropped the show.

She's just so likable, she knows when to have fun and when to act mature. I was afraid she would start going bonkers after last episode but I suppose she's above that.

You're right, she deserves a better boyfriend than Yuuta.
 
Mar 20, 2014 2:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 417
Would be sad if she goes Yandere on Ep. 12. x)

bastek66 said:

-Rip off of Rikka
[...] She was suppose to make Rikka jealous but that stopped in episode 7 and Rikka stopped thinking about her as rival.


Not really. Rival thing was nice to introduce the character but she turns out to be more than that for Rikka and Yuuta. [Maybe a little too late and somehow rushed, i agree]
"Rip off" is a big word for a character that seems IMO more developed and interesting than Rikka, at least in this season.

Like others, i wanted Rikka w/ this S2 to grow up and stop the Dad/Daughter relation. Even w/ Satone "rivalry", this status is still remaining and has barely changed.

Will 1 Ep. left, i guess they miss opportunities w/ the show.
Depending of the ending, the question is not to know if "Introducing Satone was a good choice or not ? but more about "Was this S2 really necessary ?"
Modified by VeryNicePerson, Mar 20, 2014 2:57 AM
 
Mar 20, 2014 4:49 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2780
bastek66 said:
-no foreshadowing in previous season


Why would that be necessary? And how does that make her appearance bad?

-osanajimmie


Not true. Yuuta clearly said he knew her since middle school. hardly what I would call a childhood friend.

-rip off of Rikka


I disagree. Her 'powers' are vastly different, she dresses differently, and the only connection with Rikka is that they both fancy Yuuta.

Completely unoriginal chararacter that worked for 9 episodes as plot device. Episode 10 drama, backstory, seemingly relevant, NOPE. She was unnecesary, she couldn't even steer shit. She was suppose to make Rikka jealous but that stopped in episode 7 and Rikka stopped thinking about her as rival.


IMO, she never was a true rival to begin with. Riukka was jealous of Satone being able to get so close to him, but Satone assured her early on she wasn't there to steal him away from him.

And Satone's involvement made Rikka more determined to make things work with Yuuta than before. Before Satone became involved, holding hands was already hard enough for Rikka to do. A few episodes later, she kissed him on the cheek, and while they still have a long way to go, Rikka has become more confident and determined since Satone's presence began to stir things up a little.

While I agree that Satone and Yuuta seem to have better chemistry together and might make a nice couple, I also think she doesn't need him, as she's mature and independent enough to live her life without any help from others.

Rikka, however, is immature and needy due to stunted mental growth as a result of her father's unexpected death. Yuuta is the perfect guy to help her overcome these issues slowly but surely and the effects seem to be paying off. She's now less insecure, more confident and she even seems to have gotten a popularity boost in her own class, which will probably help her break out of her shell even more.

BTW, I don't like the implication of me not being a Satone fan if I don't ship her with Yuuta. I like Satone a lot, maybe even slightly more than I like Rikka, but I still think Rikka is a better match for Yiuuta than Satone.
Modified by Firelord76, Mar 20, 2014 4:55 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 20, 2014 5:10 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5487
AO968 said:
While I agree that Satone and Yuuta seem to have better chemistry together and might make a nice couple, I also think she doesn't need him, as she's mature and independent enough to live her life without any help from others.

What? They don't have chemistry, at all. He doesn't even understand her. And calling any chuuni mature is just wrong.
 
Mar 20, 2014 9:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 48
In the anime, Schimiya was made likable , so you end rooting for her at some point. In the novel, she's a crazy bitch and does some nasty things, so you see her as antagonist.

The problem here is that the anime didn't develop her well. The introduction of Schimiya in the novel doesn't become a love triangle, as Yuuta never goes for Satone at any point. In that way, her character becomes some sort of trouble between YuutaxRikka relationship, but doesn't develop anything as their relationship in the novel was just fine already (they kissed in the end of novel 1). But in the anime, they stated that Yuuta and Rikka weren't having any closure. The schimiya intervention would play great here for developing that. Not an ntr, not a love triangle, but a crazy girl doing her stuff.
Instead, she was introduced (dissapearing in the middle of the season with no reason whatsoever) with a vanilla plot similar to the Rikka from season 1. Her purpose it's not clear at all at first, and the viewer gets mixed feelings for what's happening.

I don't think she had to go full yandere mode. But I think that some more early Satone drama and intervention would have been better plot development for how was Yuuta and Rikka's relationship working.
 
Mar 20, 2014 11:47 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2780
bastek66 said:
AO968 said:
While I agree that Satone and Yuuta seem to have better chemistry together and might make a nice couple, I also think she doesn't need him, as she's mature and independent enough to live her life without any help from others.

What? They don't have chemistry, at all. He doesn't even understand her.


Have you seen how Yuuta and Satone interact with each other, compared to him and Rikka? When you watch them, it's very clear that they're old friends. Rikka's interactions with Yuuta were so bad, it was hard to believe they were dating for half a year already, a fact that hadn't gone unnoticed by their classmates.

And calling any chuuni mature is just wrong.


Satone isn't chuuni, she merely acts that way. And the fact that she is willing to overcome her love issues by confronting them head-on is a big sign of maturity IMO, even more so if she can take Yuuta's imminent rejection and walk away smiling.

FerRj said:
The schimiya intervention would play great here for developing that. Not an ntr, not a love triangle, but a crazy girl doing her stuff.
Instead, she was introduced (dissapearing in the middle of the season with no reason whatsoever) with a vanilla plot similar to the Rikka from season 1. Her purpose it's not clear at all at first, and the viewer gets mixed feelings for what's happening.g.


I tend to believe that her appearance did progress Yuuta and Rikka's relationship. Perhaps not as direct as you would have liked, but I think the signs are definitely there.

Think about it, why did Rikka suddenly take her relationship with Yuuta more seriously than before, when merely holding hands was too much for her? I think that her initial jealousy of how well Satone and Yuuta got along was what made her more determined to make it work. Even if Satone was never a genuine love rival, Rikka seemed to think of her as a big enough threat nonetheless, enough to get over her shyness and show him her true feelings.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 20, 2014 12:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 417
AO968 said:


I tend to believe that her appearance did progress Yuuta and Rikka's relationship. Perhaps not as direct as you would have liked, but I think the signs are definitely there.

Think about it, why did Rikka suddenly take her relationship with Yuuta more seriously than before, when merely holding hands was too much for her? I think that her initial jealousy of how well Satone and Yuuta got along was what made her more determined to make it work. Even if Satone was never a genuine love rival, Rikka seemed to think of her as a big enough threat nonetheless, enough to get over her shyness and show him her true feelings.


I also see that this way.
 
Mar 20, 2014 12:57 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5487
AO968 said:
Have you seen how Yuuta and Satone interact with each other, compared to him and Rikka? When you watch them, it's very clear that they're old friends. Rikka's interactions with Yuuta were so bad, it was hard to believe they were dating for half a year already, a fact that hadn't gone unnoticed by their classmates.

LIKE OLD FRIENDS, NOT LIKE ANKWARD COUPLE.
I have no problem with Rikka and Yuuta cute interactions, it was always like this in Chuniikoi.
Blame Kyoani for they keeping everything at subtetly.

AO968 said:
Satone isn't chuuni, she merely acts that way.

Still doesn't make her more mature if she just living in denial.

Seriously, anyone who says Satone is better than Rikka better hit near clinic to check their brains because that's clinical retardness worse than any character in this show
or
You easily impressed by small shits.
 
Mar 20, 2014 5:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 28
linchpin said:
This poll isn't for criticizing the anime's writing. And I know Shichimiya isn't gonna win in the end. But still I would like her to get some love.
ainky said:
More ship wars? I'm in!

Shichimiya (your vote)


Anyway, Tooka > Nibutani > Satone > Kumin > Rikka

As for Nibutani, for me it's her x Deko-chan all the way :)
And Kumin x Pillow.


Yup, masochist right there.
 
Mar 20, 2014 5:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1340
bastek66 said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
Yeah, I love Rikka, but ever since Satone entered the fray I've been all for Satone x Yuuta... her strong feelings for him just move the hell outta me. So Shichimiya has my vote.

I don't hate the idea of Yuuta x Rikka, just the idea of there not being a Yuuta x Satone.

But he doesn't love her, he doesn't even understand nor care about her. They are incompatible.
Yes well, such is the power of shipping. It doesn't really matter what is likely to happen, I still would prefer those two together.

And just saying she's a "shit character" and that they are incompatible doesn't really mean very much to anyone, so if you want me to share your opinion, first you'll have to justify it. For example: the only reason he "doesn't care about her" is because of Rikka's over-protectiveness and not letting him around other girls Shichimiya (except when she considers it convenient).

Aside from that, I think things are about to be pretty complicated if he finds out she has feelings for him... when you already have someone especially, then of course you wouldn't see your childhood friend romantically, since as far as Yuuta's concerned she only sees him as an old friend. When two people suffer from Chuunibyou almost as bad as Dekomori, it's really hard to pick up on all the subtle issues going on in the background that no one is telling you about.

Either way, that's my two cents. I'm not trying to make you like Shichimiya, but Satone has my vote.

bastek66 said:
Shichimiya is terrible character:
-no foreshadowing in previous season
-osanajimmie
-rip off of Rikka
Completely unoriginal chararacter that worked for 9 episodes as plot device. Episode 10 drama, backstory, seemingly relevant, NOPE. She was unnecesary, she couldn't even steer shit. She was suppose to make Rikka jealous but that stopped in episode 7 and Rikka stopped thinking about her as rival.
Edit: Okay, I see now that you did give somewhat of a reason (I hadn't read past your initial response)... but I think your logic is kind of misguided. If a character should be foreshadowed, then in that case every character introduced in every series ever sucks. And I didn't realize knowing someone since middle school is now a reason to be considered shitty. And if I'm not mistaken, Rikka is a rip-off of Shichimiya. Hell, Rikka's chuunibyou only came about because she admired Yuuta and copied him, who was only copying Shichimiya to begin with. As I said before though, I don't have anything against Rikka, but changing the facts isn't going to prove your point.

I'm not sure why you're under the impression that Shichimiya was "supposed to make Rikka jealous". Clearly that wasn't the role she was to have, as she's been nothing but supportive since the moment she found out about their relationship. It's only now, after seeing Rikka do what she didn't think she had a chance of doing, that she is starting to regain her feelings for him. And that is being able to keep her chuunibyou but still be with Yuuta, and now she's feeling remorse over her previous decision. If this is why you think she's pointless, then you might as well say that all the other characters are pointless and shouldn't be in the series, because they're doing nothing beneficial for Yuuta x Rikka.
Modified by HalibelTheEspada, Mar 20, 2014 6:12 PM
 
Mar 20, 2014 6:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 48
FerRj said:
The schimiya intervention would play great here for developing that. Not an ntr, not a love triangle, but a crazy girl doing her stuff.
Instead, she was introduced (dissapearing in the middle of the season with no reason whatsoever) with a vanilla plot similar to the Rikka from season 1. Her purpose it's not clear at all at first, and the viewer gets mixed feelings for what's happening.g.

AO968 said:

I tend to believe that her appearance did progress Yuuta and Rikka's relationship. Perhaps not as direct as you would have liked, but I think the signs are definitely there.

Think about it, why did Rikka suddenly take her relationship with Yuuta more seriously than before, when merely holding hands was too much for her? I think that her initial jealousy of how well Satone and Yuuta got along was what made her more determined to make it work. Even if Satone was never a genuine love rival, Rikka seemed to think of her as a big enough threat nonetheless, enough to get over her shyness and show him her true feelings.


It wasn't my intention to say that there was no development. I mean that the Schimiya intervention was perfect for take that development needed in the first episodes, as how weak the relationship between Rikka and Yuuta was introduced in season 2. I mean, 6 months without closure. Yuuta between 4 girls all the time, but the develop comes with just Satone in a somehow weak plot.
 
Mar 20, 2014 6:40 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5487
HalibelTheEspada said:
For example: the only reason he "doesn't care about her" is because of Rikka's over-protectiveness and not letting him around other girls Shichimiya (except when she considers it convenient).

Aside from that, I think things are about to be pretty complicated if he finds out she has feelings for him... when you already have someone especially, then of course you wouldn't see your childhood friend romantically, since as far as Yuuta's concerned she only sees him as an old friend. When two people suffer from Chuunibyou almost as bad as Dekomori, it's really hard to pick up on all the subtle issues going on in the background that no one is telling you about.

I think he would really give a shit or notice anything even if he was single. Rikka barely did anything like that, there wasn't much scenes where she was jealous.

HalibelTheEspada said:
Okay, I see now that you did give somewhat of a reason (I hadn't read past your initial response)... but I think your logic is kind of misguided. If a character should be foreshadowed, then in that case every character introduced in every series ever sucks. And I didn't realize knowing someone since middle school is now a reason to be considered shitty. And if I'm not mistaken, Rikka is a rip-off of Shichimiya. Hell, Rikka's chuunibyou only came about because she admired Yuuta and copied him, who was only copying Shichimiya to begin with. As I said before though, I don't have anything against Rikka, but changing the facts isn't going to prove your point.

I'm not sure why you're under the impression that Shichimiya was "supposed to make Rikka jealous". Clearly that wasn't the role she was to have, as she's been nothing but supportive since the moment she found out about their relationship. It's only now, after seeing Rikka do what she didn't think she had a chance of doing, that she is starting to regain her feelings for him. And that is being able to keep her chuunibyou but still be with Yuuta, and now she's feeling remorse over her previous decision. If this is why you think she's pointless, then you might as well say that all the other characters are pointless and shouldn't be in the series, because they're doing nothing beneficial for Yuuta x Rikka.

Characters that might appear later should be somehow foreshadowed beacause that makes existance more point. By "ripp off" I meant a character that shares some traits with other character but must be presented "more appealing".
What's point of her character if not make Rikka eager to make more moves? She was initially supportive and Kyoani biggest mistake was episode 10 where suddenly backstory drama hit. Not only too late but utterly pointless as we can see in episode 11.
Thus we have this shit character. Sorry but she is. Kyoani didn't have ablsolute idea what to in this season, they did their usual slice of life, and they should stick it to end. But no, some retard there decided to copy story of first season but with Shichimiya in place of Touka. It didn't work out, they just gave up in this episode. They menage to leave but taste with end of this season (one episode left and OVA).
Now look at poll result if Satone is higher or have similar amount of votes this is proof of their failure.
People get swayed by complete piece of shit.
 
Mar 20, 2014 6:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 176
FerRj said:
In the anime, Schimiya was made likable , so you end rooting for her at some point. In the novel, she's a crazy bitch and does some nasty things, so you see her as antagonist.

The problem here is that the anime didn't develop her well. The introduction of Schimiya in the novel doesn't become a love triangle, as Yuuta never goes for Satone at any point. In that way, her character becomes some sort of trouble between YuutaxRikka relationship, but doesn't develop anything as their relationship in the novel was just fine already (they kissed in the end of novel 1). But in the anime, they stated that Yuuta and Rikka weren't having any closure. The schimiya intervention would play great here for developing that. Not an ntr, not a love triangle, but a crazy girl doing her stuff.
Instead, she was introduced (dissapearing in the middle of the season with no reason whatsoever) with a vanilla plot similar to the Rikka from season 1. Her purpose it's not clear at all at first, and the viewer gets mixed feelings for what's happening.

I don't think she had to go full yandere mode. But I think that some more early Satone drama and intervention would have been better plot development for how was Yuuta and Rikka's relationship working.


If the anime had developed her like in the novel most probably I would have dropped this, XD

Unless they made Rikka likable because so far they are all too flanderized and annoying.
 
Mar 20, 2014 6:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 8090
After reading this thread, Shichimiya.
 
Mar 21, 2014 3:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 7
Yuuta/Satone only because I love Satone and I just want her to be happy (so if it means Yuuta, then fine) also because I'm a masochist, this ship was doomed from the start

On an unrelated note, LOL @ the character wars going on in this thread...it's ok to not like a character, and it's ok to think that one character is better than the other and it's ok to disagree, but it's totally not ok to look down on others/assert your opinion as superior when they don't agree with you that character x is oh so much better than character y.

No need to get heated over fictional characters...
 
Mar 21, 2014 4:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1340
bastek66 said:
I think he would really give a shit or notice anything even if he was single. Rikka barely did anything like that, there wasn't much scenes where she was jealous.
Well if that's what you think, then I don't know what to tell you besides you're wrong. Perhaps you didn't see episode 7, in which her jealousy was the centerpiece. It was over half the season. Up until episode 9, when she invited her to the beach, she was jealous. Hence Yuuta's surprise that he invited her and why Rikka said "Yes! That's why I invited you here! I need your help."

Characters that might appear later should be somehow foreshadowed beacause that makes existance more point. By "ripp off" I meant a character that shares some traits with other character but must be presented "more appealing".
What's point of her character if not make Rikka eager to make more moves? She was initially supportive and Kyoani biggest mistake was episode 10 where suddenly backstory drama hit. Not only too late but utterly pointless as we can see in episode 11.
Thus we have this shit character. Sorry but she is. Kyoani didn't have ablsolute idea what to in this season, they did their usual slice of life, and they should stick it to end. But no, some retard there decided to copy story of first season but with Shichimiya in place of Touka. It didn't work out, they just gave up in this episode. They menage to leave but taste with end of this season (one episode left and OVA).
Now look at poll result if Satone is higher or have similar amount of votes this is proof of their failure.
People get swayed by complete piece of shit.
By your logic, Kumin, or Dekomori, or Makoto, or the samurai-loving girl are all bad characters because they weren't foreshadowed before they showed up. You can't apply your logic to one character and not expect to apply it to all... also if sharing similarities with characters makes you bad, then Nibutani must be a horrible character to because she's just like Yuuta who is a former Chuuni, but now she's embarrassed about it. I think it's obvious that the "point" in Satone, as if any one character needs to have a sole purpose in life or else they fail, is mainly to be able to support Rikka in both her relationship and her Chuunibyou... since she's the only one who can really relate. Dekomori doesn't care about love, and only her Chuunibyou, and Nibutani is the reverse, therefore that makes Shichimiya the middle-man who has more experience with both. She also like(d) Yuuta, so she can give her advice about him in general.

I've yet to see episode 11, so I'll wait until I watch it later today to give any more of my opinion. But saying "Clearly I'm right since over half of the people here disagree with me... that only goes to show that the notorious KyoAni has failed again by making a successful character that I don't like. Because other people like something I don't, obviously I am right."... if you're going to act like that, then what's the point in your opinion, if you can't even accept that others' opinions are just as good as yours? Blind opinions certainly fail to serve their purpose.
 
Mar 21, 2014 4:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 999
I prefer Satone coz Rikka is a hardcore chunibyo... and coz Satone liked Yuuta first.

If Nibutani was in the mix, I'd prefer her, but since there's no hint of any romantic relation with Yuuta, it's pointless.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
 
Mar 21, 2014 5:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 312
Satone all the way. Rikka x Yuuta scenes are too cringe-worthy for my own good.
 
Mar 21, 2014 5:58 AM
Hug Addict <3

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 29195
jbeat said:
I prefer Satone coz Rikka is a hardcore chunibyo... and coz Satone liked Yuuta first.
then why are you watching a show about chuunibyou in the first place? :3

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Mar 21, 2014 6:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 417
HaXXspetten said:
Then why are you watching a show about Chuunibyou in the first place? :3

Chuunibyou thing was excellent for S1 but i think some people like myself wanted something more with that S2.
Don't get me wrong, Chuunibyou is still enjoyable but i do not find it as interesting as it was on S1. Like other, i wanted Rikka to grow up and develop normal relations with others.

They could deal and develop both [Chuuni/Relation] but unfortunately it turns out that both points barely changed from S1.
 
Mar 21, 2014 7:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 999
VeryNicePerson said:
HaXXspetten said:
Then why are you watching a show about Chuunibyou in the first place? :3

Chuunibyou thing was excellent for S1 but i think some people like myself wanted something more with that S2.
Don't get me wrong, Chuunibyou is still enjoyable but i do not find it as interesting as it was on S1. Like other, i wanted Rikka to grow up and develop normal relations with others.

They could deal and develop both [Chuuni/Relation] but unfortunately it turns out that both points barely changed from S1.


Exactly! I was expecting and hoping that in S2 Rikka would gradually develop into a "normal" person, but instead nothing changed from S1. Her relationship with Yuuta barely changed from S1. He is still more of a big bro watching over his little sister than a boyfriend. That's why I prefer Shichimiya coz she's not as naive when it comes to love and she can revert back to being normal if she wanted to.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
 
Mar 21, 2014 8:49 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5487
jbeat said:
Exactly! I was expecting and hoping that in S2 Rikka would gradually develop into a "normal" person, but instead nothing changed from S1. Her relationship with Yuuta barely changed from S1.

Why would she change if Yuuta liked her Chuuni and encouraged her to continue? Why would main chuuni drop her act in anime titled CHUUNIBYOU?

yuiriko said:
I seriously expected to see around 90% people vote for Rikka :0

I feel sorry for Sophia but well, Rikka's still better tbh.

This is just outcome of absolute shitwriting in this season.
 
Mar 21, 2014 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 457
Wow, some people just can't get over the fact that Shichimiya is as good as or even better than Rikka.

Anyway, successful thread is successful. I got to know there are many Satone-chan fans out there like me.

And few, very vocal though, haters of her.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
 
Mar 21, 2014 9:34 AM
Hug Addict <3

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 29195
linchpin said:
Wow, some people just can't get over the fact that Shichimiya is as good as or even better than Rikka.

Anyway, successful thread is successful. I got to know there are many Satone-chan fans out there like me.

And few, very vocal though, haters of her.
I'm not surprised people like Satone, but I would never imagine so many people would actually prefer shipping her with Yuuta. I mean they have no mutual chemistry at all since it is a completely one-sided affection so I don't see why you'd want her to be with someone who doesn't even love her at all in the first place. Especially considering that Yuuta and Rikka are already a happy couple since way back, even if their relationship is pretty weird due to the whole chuunibyou aspect.

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Mar 21, 2014 10:17 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 312
bastek66 said:

Why would she change if Yuuta liked her Chuuni and encouraged her to continue? Why would main chuuni drop her act in anime titled CHUUNIBYOU?


It's called growing up. Most people tend to do that.
 
Mar 21, 2014 11:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 12
Well. Rikka did grow up... She did. Why ? Take a look back. Cuz if you drop out all the metaphorical stuff and punchlines, she has changed. - she says, she's afraid to lose Yuuta if she doesn't find the three artefacts - that means, I know if I go this way on my own, I'm going to watch you leave me. She doesn't want Yuuta to be the Dark Flame master. She is just afraid, if she keeps playing her role, he'll just let her go. Because they both are aware their chuunies are the beginning of their story and you know what Rikka is doing ? She's freakin' out about becoming an adult. That's it.
 
Mar 21, 2014 4:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 236
swn32 said:
bastek66 said:

Why would she change if Yuuta liked her Chuuni and encouraged her to continue? Why would main chuuni drop her act in anime titled CHUUNIBYOU?


It's called growing up. Most people tend to do that.



why should riika have to change who she is.he likes her for her. we all saw what happen the last season she when she try to change was a shell of herself.Shichimiyal is so stupid and boring i feel not one inch of pity for her crying in the rain for some else boyfriend is so pathetic and her laugh dont get me started what the hell.so what if yuta and rikka dont kiss or hold hands do their love have to be like everyone else.this is how i see it back then when yuuta was dark flame master Shichimiya liked him but thought she cant be his friend and lover at the same time.rikka on the other hand decide she would have her cake and eat it too he will be both lover and friend.Shichimiya notice their relationship and decided that if she did stick with it she could of have what rikka has now both a lover and a friend.anyway why introduce a character who is similar to rikka i dont care if she is the one that made the yuuta the dark flame master it makes me feel that the author just wanted to make a person like rikka what would of been more interesting is if the new character was a boy similar to rikka then yuuta would be f-ked
Modified by hack5, Mar 21, 2014 4:53 PM
 
Mar 21, 2014 4:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 176
bastek66 said:
jbeat said:
Exactly! I was expecting and hoping that in S2 Rikka would gradually develop into a "normal" person, but instead nothing changed from S1. Her relationship with Yuuta barely changed from S1.

Why would she change if Yuuta liked her Chuuni and encouraged her to continue? Why would main chuuni drop her act in anime titled CHUUNIBYOU?

yuiriko said:
I seriously expected to see around 90% people vote for Rikka :0

I feel sorry for Sophia but well, Rikka's still better tbh.

This is just outcome of absolute shitwriting in this season.


And there was a lot of potential for plot by Yuuta encouraging her Chuuni versus his own wishes for a normal relationship.

As you said, the writing could have been better. I expected the MC to develop as well but so far I know nothing of Yuuta either.

HaXXspetten said:
linchpin said:
Wow, some people just can't get over the fact that Shichimiya is as good as or even better than Rikka.

Anyway, successful thread is successful. I got to know there are many Satone-chan fans out there like me.

And few, very vocal though, haters of her.
I'm not surprised people like Satone, but I would never imagine so many people would actually prefer shipping her with Yuuta. I mean they have no mutual chemistry at all since it is a completely one-sided affection so I don't see why you'd want her to be with someone who doesn't even love her at all in the first place. Especially considering that Yuuta and Rikka are already a happy couple since way back, even if their relationship is pretty weird due to the whole chuunibyou aspect.


Well I for one ship them because I like to root for the underdog, and she's the childhood friend that's charismatic and mature while everytime I see Yuuta and Rikka's relationship, it makes me cringe.

In S1 they were cute with the pinkie holding and the believe in the me that believes in you and all that, but on this season Rikka is always getting in trouble and Yuuta always has to fix it or just doesn't notice, and he's supposed to be her boyfriend!

So basically that, but being realistic as it is Satone wouldn't have been happy with Yuuta anyway unless he changed and loved her back.

Rikka fits more with someone like Dekkomori, doesn't seem to display the maturity to hold a relationship yet. Just check last episode, instead of improving her relationship with Yuuta through spending time with him or something, she decides to go scavenging for stones.
 
Mar 21, 2014 4:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 42
I ship my baby with myself.
perv4lyf
 
Mar 21, 2014 10:11 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2780
Faust91x said:
Well I for one ship them because I like to root for the underdog, and she's the childhood friend that's charismatic and mature while everytime I see Yuuta and Rikka's relationship, it makes me cringe.


Where do people get the idea that Satone is Yuuta's childhood friend? Where was it ever stated that they go back that far? They met in middle school and went their separate ways afterwards. That makes them school friends, not childhood friends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 21, 2014 10:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1399
Shichimiya is a better character although her laugh irritates me, but i don't approve her pairing with Yuuta because lack of romance development compared to Rikka and Yuuta doesn't love her back as well (well Rikka and Yuuta got an entire season to develop together lol)
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »