Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 28, 2014 4:00 AM

Jan 2014
Hero will never give up.
Now we wait and see if Masayoshi feels like fighting more villains or settling with mundane reality.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 28, 2014 4:57 AM
May 2012
Only 4 episodes left!

And I got a bad feeling about this...
JafriZinFeb 28, 2014 8:01 AM
Feb 28, 2014 6:16 AM

Jan 2012
His english was so ridiculous...

And so everything that happened was because of masayoshi? since he wished for it (deep down?)?

Wonder what's going to happen now since bad guys won't appear anymore..
Feb 28, 2014 6:47 AM

Nov 2011
Danpmss said:
I can't actually believe that they managed to explain all that bullshit with this Alien-God plot twist.
I'm impressed!!

...then again, is there something that can't be explained with Alien-God twist?

It would be really weird if after all that has happened, Masayoshi would go on to be the kind of superhero he was at the start of the show.
Feb 28, 2014 8:00 AM
May 2012
So guys,

why is that pen doing in space after flamenco left it out during the fight against alien flamenco?
Feb 28, 2014 9:46 AM
Oct 2013
This is ridiculously hilarious and hilariously ridiculous. But I don't think it ends peacefully this way. We need more silly plot twists since no matter what happens they can just make one on top of it.
Feb 28, 2014 11:32 AM
Jan 2014
So all those ridiculous twists from previous episodes are all explained by the will of the Universe. And they did it so beautifully too.

I'm not even mad, it's amazing.
Feb 28, 2014 1:11 PM

Jan 2011
Leaving aside all the problems in the explanation offered by the Universal Entity (causality being chief among them...), I don't think we're done yet. First of all, Mari, the leader of the Flamenco Girls is the same sort of person as Masayoshi. Is it time for her to start evolving by bringing in a cycle of villains? Actually, that would deal with our other big hanging plot device: Gotou's girlfriend. I think it's fairly obvious that she's dead, and Gotou is just replaying appropriate text messages from her that he hasn't erased from his cellphone. In that direction may lie at least some form of romantic development. Even though there are a lot of Mari haters out there, she is still down as one of the three main characters for this show. Of course considering where this show has gone up to date, who knows what they'll do. We could end up with a beach episode, a visit to the hotsprings, New Year's Day at the shrine, and wrap up with a festival episode and Gotou and Mari kissing under the fireworks show...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 28, 2014 1:50 PM

Dec 2008
Huh? Flamwenco?! And Hazuma wished for all of this?! The entire country of Japan should get together and whoop his ass for all the trouble he caused with those ridiculous wishes of his!

And that Engrish! Greatgooglymoogly!!

I am so done right now.

Sent with Mal Updater
Hannah_AnaFeb 28, 2014 1:58 PM
Feb 28, 2014 1:58 PM

Nov 2008
nairy said:
we Haruhi now

Exactly what I think when I see it. The all world is rediged for it "want Force"
Feb 28, 2014 2:49 PM

Feb 2014
Awesome.

Even if it doesn't have anything to do with Flamenco :)

Time for the final villain, Goto's gf!
Feb 28, 2014 3:47 PM

Feb 2012
flamenco haters...SIT DOWN
Feb 28, 2014 4:40 PM

Feb 2013
loved the explanation
Feb 28, 2014 4:44 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah people, still has the Goto's girlfriend to make her appearence...but don't forget about the mistery of Masayoshi's parents (episode 7)!!!!!!!
Feb 28, 2014 5:43 PM

Jan 2013
Truly the Evangelion of our generation. Rating for this episode Congratulations/10
Feb 28, 2014 6:22 PM

Jul 2012
rodac said:
Leaving aside all the problems in the explanation offered by the Universal Entity (causality being chief among them...), I don't think we're done yet. First of all, Mari, the leader of the Flamenco Girls is the same sort of person as Masayoshi. Is it time for her to start evolving by bringing in a cycle of villains? Actually, that would deal with our other big hanging plot device: Gotou's girlfriend. I think it's fairly obvious that she's dead, and Gotou is just replaying appropriate text messages from her that he hasn't erased from his cellphone. In that direction may lie at least some form of romantic development. Even though there are a lot of Mari haters out there, she is still down as one of the three main characters for this show. Of course considering where this show has gone up to date, who knows what they'll do. We could end up with a beach episode, a visit to the hotsprings, New Year's Day at the shrine, and wrap up with a festival episode and Gotou and Mari kissing under the fireworks show...

Wow, that reminds me of Zetsuen no Tempest (the Goto's girlfriend thing)^
Feb 28, 2014 6:39 PM
Jan 2014
I knew it!!!!

It's ultraman parody after supersentai!!
Next on the list.... Godzilla!!!! and Goto's GF....
Feb 28, 2014 7:19 PM
May 2012
And still....

NOBODY will ever know what just happened at the end of the series where there's pen thingy left out in space. I sense more plot twist is gonna happen next episode.
JafriZinFeb 28, 2014 9:13 PM
Feb 28, 2014 7:57 PM

Jan 2013
JeffreyZin said:
JeffreyZin said:
why is that pen thingy doing in space after flamenco left it out during the fight against alien flamenco as we saw at the end?

*cricket sound*

still NO explanation regarding my last question?! What just happened?!

Well... if I was just on the damn moon I'd leave a tracker pen to prove it too! Lol.. Not that the big imprint of him landing/crashing on the moon wasn't enough.
Feb 28, 2014 8:01 PM

Oct 2011
alexpte said:
They totally pulled a Gurren Lagann lol

THIS!!!!!!!
Feb 28, 2014 8:38 PM

Apr 2013
Wow. This episode was amazing.
What are you looking here for
Feb 28, 2014 9:39 PM

Feb 2010
... this show never ceases to leave me speechless.
Feb 28, 2014 11:22 PM
Jul 2013
JeffreyZin said:
And still....

NOBODY will ever know what just happened at the end of the series where there's pen thingy left out in space. I sense more plot twist is gonna happen next episode.

The pen is there just to prove that everything that we saw at the moon really happened, and also to work as Masayoshi's "USA Flag" - to make his presence to be reminded as an hero that went to the moon, or something like that

And is just me, or besides of who's Goto's girlfriend, he and Masayoshi will end up together? .-.
Feb 28, 2014 11:31 PM

Mar 2010
So, what we have here is the epitome of wish fulfillment and you could say this long string of Beautiful Lies were simply "entertaining" his desires. The prime minister said it, himself, "The people want to be tricked!" or how this ridiculous journey all began with King Torture "You crave that which is entertaining" The show has its roots in the entertainment business with Sumi, Akira and Mari, so I hope to see it come full circle on that. Going back to Episode 10, this show is actually pretty well structured, amidst all the silliness. The core themes were already established at that point and it has just continued to build on them since then. "Great King Torture will assimilate everything, to create one united being." King Torture, From Beyond, the prime minister and Alien Flamenco all wanted to force the people to unite, instead of bringing them together more naturally and maybe the web of influence from a person who simply wants to do what's right will do the trick. By rejecting his fantasies and going back to the real world, I'm guessing it won't be long before we rebound on "Heroes are not alone. Heroes have allies they can trust. No, those allies may be the true heroes. They're the ones who protect and help ordinary people every day. They're much stronger than I am!"

Themes aside, I always love me some Engrish and the "COME ON! COME ONNNNNNN!" was especially hilarious. Not to mention, the mini axe and the Flamwenco/Eromanga bits were amusing too. Now, the question is "where do we go from here?" This feels more like a penultimate episode and it could easily wrap up the things I mentioned above in only one more episode, but there's still 4 episodes left. Well, I think I'm ready for whatever happens next. I think.
Mar 1, 2014 12:31 AM
Jun 2012
Will it be Goto's story next? Me want Goto, me love Goto, tell me his story!
Mar 1, 2014 2:48 AM

Jul 2013
So, Hazama's reality took the shape of his wishes/thoughts. This explanation was Evangelion-ish, but I liked this episode a lot
Mar 1, 2014 3:43 AM

Dec 2012
The greatest character development in a while and, man, it was fun!

Can't wait to see how this time the story ends ^^
Mar 1, 2014 12:10 PM

Jan 2010
No. No, no, samurai flamenco...

This show is slowly starting to salvage itself and make more sense. The thing is this ep seemed like a good time to end, so I wonder what the rest of the eps will be about...
Oh, and I totally lost it at the "Eromanga" part XD
Mar 1, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2011
I wonder why I even come onto this board, all it is is people bitching bitching bitching. Just shut up and stop watching the anime if you think it's so stupid and bad. "But I don't drop anime because I think it makes me cool!" Nobody's forcing you to keep watching except for yourselves, so either suck it up and drop it or quit all the bitching.

I like how this episode explained everything, it was very meta as well. I really wonder what they're going to do for the last 4 episodes, though. They've escalated it further and further and now the universe seems to be returning to normal, with Flamenco's story filed in the great Manga Shop of the Universe. Next week is ... what? Back to fighting crime on the streets? There aren't nearly enough subplots to spend 4 episodes just wrapping shit up. We'll see, I suppose.
Mar 1, 2014 12:28 PM

Oct 2009
Well it was somewhat of what I figured what it was...I basically thought something along the lines of Masayoshi having powers that granted all of he's wishes and dreams come true..but the "Will of the Galaxy"? I was hoping the show would finally redeem itself but eh, I don't know I feel like they could've done a much better job at revealing this, this felt pretty underwhelming..wonder if it will go back to the good old days now.
AozureMar 1, 2014 12:32 PM
Mar 1, 2014 1:26 PM
Feb 2012
Goto's girlfriend is goto from parallel universe
Mar 1, 2014 5:39 PM

May 2010
No more supernatural stuffs please! -.-
Minori said:
*bawling* I'll never get married w/ a body like this! What'll I do?
Kousaka said:
Married? It looks like you're already pregnant.
Mar 1, 2014 5:56 PM

Mar 2008
dragonshade said:
if you treat the flamenco alien as a metaphor to America trying to convert Japan, it does make a lot of sense.as why it speaks those english fragments.
at least somebody can read the message between the lines!
Captain America has been sent home defeated by the will of the Universe. The flag on the moon seems to have been restored though. Does it mean that US influence on Japan's still there and might strike back again?

Also, that fantastic reference to Buddhism - Masayoshi dies to gain enlightenment, literally awakening to learn the knowledge about the universe. Really nice one.
Mar 1, 2014 6:06 PM

Jun 2010
This is the best trainwreck of a plot I've ever seen.
Mar 1, 2014 7:43 PM

Aug 2012
I don't know what the heck is going on anymore lol
Mar 1, 2014 8:58 PM
May 2012
When Ultraman/Kamen Rider J meets Haruhi Suzumiya
Mar 1, 2014 10:29 PM

Mar 2012
I feel the same about this anime as I do with modern art.
Mar 2, 2014 3:52 AM

Jan 2011
hmm... at least they are trying to explain everything
Mar 2, 2014 6:23 AM

Sep 2008
I think i left my brain back in episode 7....seriously...I miss my brain

....this episode is another #wtfdidijustf%$#ingwatch?

and wow on eromanga being a place in Australia lol.....can't believe I even live in oz but its my first time hearing of the place hahahaha....next road trip EroManga!(will have pics to show next time too)
Mar 2, 2014 8:40 AM

Sep 2013
I don't even know what is going on anymore, but this episode was glorious. this episode felt like a final episode to me, i wonder whats going to happen in the last couple of episodes and if we are finally going to see Goto's girlfriend.
Mar 2, 2014 1:13 PM

Dec 2012
well I liked this episode it explained alot. I'm glad I didn't drop this series.
Mar 2, 2014 1:52 PM

Nov 2011
Blind_Guardian said:
I wonder why I even come onto this board, all it is is people bitching bitching bitching. Just shut up and stop watching the anime if you think it's so stupid and bad. "But I don't drop anime because I think it makes me cool!" Nobody's forcing you to keep watching except for yourselves, so either suck it up and drop it or quit all the bitching.

I don't know what board you've been reading, but the comments on this section are more positive than negative, in a ratio of 4:1 if the ambiguous ones aren't included (...I was bored). So could you please shut the fuck up about nonexistent issues?

Anyway.

Alien Flamenco sure knows its anime: "People tend to be more honest on a river embankment".

Meta stuff is usually always good, gotta admit that.
Mar 3, 2014 11:16 AM

Aug 2013
This was a glorious episode just like episode 10 (that one where he beats king torture). I won't even try to speculate what will happen the next few episodes.
Mar 3, 2014 8:12 PM

Jan 2013
Crazy episode. But not bad, I liked the introspection
Mar 3, 2014 9:23 PM

Sep 2013
"The difference between stupidity and justice is paper-thin!" Awesome quote :3

"The you're still using the device!" Best retort I've heard in awhile.

"I c-can't get back!" Derp

Oh so that's how we get our myths, legends, fiction, and entertainment; jk lolz :P

The reason why everything is named Flamenco is so troll XD

I'm glad he put the flag back up, but I feel sorry for the poor rocket pod.

I wonder what the last episodes will be about? Anyways I hope we get the chance to meet Goto's girlfriend.
Mar 3, 2014 9:36 PM
Oct 2013
LindorNyamNyum said:
No more supernatural stuffs please! -.-
Now you ask for this? Come on.
Mar 4, 2014 10:40 AM
Mar 2014
Love the crazy plot!This series is as funny as hell!I dont care what weird plot comes out at the end as long as there will be no love interest for flamenco please spare this show from to much mushy romance stuff!!! Its just as crazy as i like it to be!!!! no harem crap either please!!!!
Mar 5, 2014 4:34 PM

Oct 2013
Mar 6, 2014 3:54 AM
Oct 2013
KaedeKyl9 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eromanga,_Queensland

There's Eromanga!!! let's go!!!

Thanks captain!

Kousoku11 said:
Blind_Guardian said:

I don't know what board you've been reading, but the comments on this section are more positive than negative, in a ratio of 4:1 if the ambiguous ones aren't included (...I was bored). So could you please shut the fuck up about nonexistent issues?

Anyway.

Alien Flamenco sure knows its anime: "People tend to be more honest on a river embankment".

Meta stuff is usually always good, gotta admit that.

I can't agree more. The negative comments are more prevalent in episodes 7-11 than now (used to be 4 out of 10 people). People (inc. me) already accepted the fact that the anime's plot went shipwrecked.

The show literally and figuratively went from slice of life -> action -> comedy -> parody -> mecha -> fantasy -> supernatural. Am I missing something?
Mar 6, 2014 8:43 AM

Jun 2012
New move 'sit down upper' unlocked!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

7 by lordgaara »»
Jan 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

299 by lordgaara »»
May 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.