Forum Settings
Forums

Is it me or are the anime fans becoming more and more dumber?

New
Feb 26, 2014 4:02 AM

Jan 2012
I'm gonna give naruto here for example...
If you look weekly at the chapter discussion you see everybody complaing,oh kishi sucks,obito sucks,this chapter was boring,etc
Are these people mental?I mean the story is almost over you pretty much know what to expect if you don't like it why bother with it anymore wtf do you expect what could pop up now at the end that could sparkle your interest?The only reason most ppl stick with it is because they grew up with it but seriously if I was a manga artist or a writter or whatever and see people acting like this I'd stop making anything for these ungrateful people
and that goes with other animes as well,people expecting the whole story in a f-ing episode and complaing each week
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 26, 2014 4:04 AM

Mar 2012
If I were going off of your post and nothing else I would say yes
Feb 26, 2014 4:10 AM

Feb 2008
The people who follow those series are generally younger teenagers. It's like complaining that WoW or Call of Duty have obnoxious fanbases. In no way is it representative of the anime fandom as a whole.
Feb 26, 2014 4:12 AM

Mar 2008
Then he looked to his neighbour and said, "Why is that man so? He doesn't do things right. He should be as I am!"

His self nodded in agreement. They did not like how the Other did things. Now that he thought about it, other people didn't even think like him! If they can't look, speak, think, or agree with him, then what good were they?

And that was when he decided that other people were silly.
Feb 26, 2014 4:13 AM

Jul 2012
Ckan said:
Then he looked to his neighbour and said, "Why is that man so? He doesn't do things right. He should be as I am!"

His self nodded in agreement. They did not like how the Other did things. Now that he though about it, other people didn't even think like him! If they can't look, speak, think, or agree with him, then what good were they? And that was when he decided that other people were silly.

Veronin said:
The people who follow those series are generally younger teenagers. It's like complaining that WoW or Call of Duty have obnoxious fanbases. In no way is it representative of the anime fandom as a whole.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Feb 26, 2014 4:13 AM

Jul 2013
That's not even what I find upsetting about it. What I find upsetting is how people are always complainting about flash-backs regardless of its importance to the story.

either way I don't think that they're getting more dumb. It just depends on what fanbase you're looking at and when. Thus it may seem so at times.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Feb 26, 2014 4:14 AM

Jun 2011
renders said:
these ungrateful people

This is the only part I agree with. I mean, it's obvious that the story is failing for Naruto.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 26, 2014 4:15 AM

Jan 2012
Regarding the naruto example when a show is near conclusion that's as good as it gets,if you don't like it but still watch/read it you're the one to blame
and anime fans in general do all kinds of dumb things,like spoiling themselves on wikipedia,spoil stuff to others,write angry reviews and so on and so forth
Feb 26, 2014 4:15 AM

Sep 2012
renders said:
if I was a manga artist or a writter or whatever and see people acting like this I'd stop making anything for these ungrateful people

LOL, do you know how much those artists earn a year? They would be stupid to stop drawing because of a few haters.
Feb 26, 2014 4:18 AM

Feb 2013
the same applies for most of the episode discussion threads really
few anime can sustain quality discussion for every episode
Feb 26, 2014 4:22 AM

Oct 2012
Don't worry, they're just closet fans
Feb 26, 2014 4:24 AM

Dec 2012
SetsukoHara said:
renders said:
if I was a manga artist or a writter or whatever and see people acting like this I'd stop making anything for these ungrateful people

LOL, do you know how much those artists earn a year? They would be stupid to stop drawing because of a few haters.

That. Along with the fact that I'm pretty sure Kishimoto and any other mangaka don't even know that MAL exist.

I don't know about the vocal hate in Japanese forums though.

The western fandom is pretty terrible in a lot of ways regardless.
Feb 26, 2014 4:29 AM

Jun 2011
renders said:
Regarding the naruto example when a show is near conclusion that's as good as it gets,if you don't like it but still watch/read it you're the one to blame

I don't hate it, I just want it to be more consistent. Kishimoto himself stated that he regretted not planning ahead while he could. I also want to see the end of Naruto.

renders said:

and anime fans in general do all kinds of dumb things,like spoiling themselves on wikipedia,spoil stuff to others,write angry reviews and so on and so forth

True though.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 26, 2014 4:29 AM

Jan 2012
I dunno it just seems that over the years the community keeps getting worse
Should I even mention the big 3 hate,the sub vs dub,the avatar being an anime fights and other bs
Feb 26, 2014 4:31 AM

Dec 2012
Every entertainment medium has its fair share of idiots.

Period.
Feb 26, 2014 4:34 AM

Jan 2014
renders said:
I dunno it just seems that over the years the community keeps getting worse
Should I even mention the big 3 hate,the sub vs dub,the avatar being an anime fights and other bs

No, it's just you only picking out the negative examples and generalizing the rest of the anime fanbase as "getting worse" in the process.
Feb 26, 2014 4:35 AM

Mar 2012
Most of the time they just didn't pay attention enough to a small detail before complaining and that make them stupid if they are proven wrong.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 26, 2014 4:49 AM

Jun 2009
To answer the question from the topic title, I think it's you...
Feb 26, 2014 4:55 AM

Jan 2012
grandy_UiD said:

Everybody's a comedian now
Feb 26, 2014 5:00 AM
Jan 2013
renders said:

Time to leave the thread.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2014 5:03 AM

Jun 2009
renders said:
grandy_UiD said:

Even you? Yes, seems like "it's you" after all.
Feb 26, 2014 5:06 AM

Jan 2014
"the big 3 hate" is more like "the big 3 hate card"

People saying they didn't like something don't "hate", I'm sure all of you said it.

It seems people are trying to bury the notion of the big 3 having elitist fan bases by playing the victim of it getting 'excessive' hate.

Not sure why they do it, maybe knowing their fanbase has a bad reputation, which could lead to people disliking the series itself, leads them to acting in a more repulsive way to fix it.

It's really illogical to complain about people arguing and discussing in place like... a forum.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2014 5:12 AM

Nov 2012
SeibaaHomu said:
If I were going off of your post and nothing else I would say yes

Truer words have never been spoken.
Feb 26, 2014 5:39 AM

Aug 2013
This reminds me of one time in my high school debate class when we were having a battle of the sexes. One student stood up amidst the banter and, in an extremely serious and proud tone, shouted "boys are more smarter than girls!!!". Needless to say... the boys lost the debate that day.

I don't think complaining about a boring episode demonstrates anything other than their taste. Some people are very hard to please and entertain, others are insanely easy to impress. This world would be awfully boring if we all had the same opinions as yourself.
Feb 26, 2014 5:43 AM

Jan 2013
grandy_UiD said:

nice one *_*

As for the topic, OP, watching anime is not an IQ test. Let the people watch whatever they want.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Feb 26, 2014 5:55 AM

Dec 2012
skyzblue said:

Let the people watch whatever they want.

That's bullplop and you know it!

Everyone needs to watch what I tell them to watch!

Everyone go watch Shinsekai yori now! Please
Feb 26, 2014 5:57 AM

Sep 2013
Ckan said:

His self nodded in agreement. They did not like how the Other did things. Now that he thought about it, other people didn't even think like him! If they can't look, speak, think, or agree with him, then what good were they?

And that was when he decided that other people were silly.

Were you sent by the Church?

Praise the Heavens
cupcFeb 26, 2014 6:22 AM
Feb 26, 2014 6:06 AM
Nov 2013
ok
Feb 26, 2014 9:05 AM

Nov 2013
They aren't becoming more dumber. Its just that more people are becoming anime fans.
Feb 26, 2014 9:07 AM

Jan 2014
grandy_UiD said:

Damn, beat me to it... :P
Feb 26, 2014 9:08 AM

Feb 2013
Who cares? Leave them be.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Feb 26, 2014 9:18 AM

Apr 2012
renders said:

This post has dumb written all over it. Yup to answer your thread it's just you op.

Feb 26, 2014 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
SetsukoHara said:
renders said:

Logged in just to say that but saw that you already did that for me.

You'd have to be a insanely immature and stupid to give up on your most popular work and secured income just because of some haters, which suggests that you are the actual idiot here, renders.

Let alone that haters are everywhere on the internet and not just an exclusive occurrence to anime.
Feb 26, 2014 9:33 AM

Feb 2010
You're an anime fan, right OP?

That should answer your question.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 26, 2014 10:09 AM

Jan 2012
BeatzMe said:
SetsukoHara said:
renders said:

You'd have to be a insanely immature and stupid to give up on your most popular work and secured income just because of some haters, which suggests that you are the actual idiot here, renders.

Let alone that haters are everywhere on the internet and not just an exclusive occurrence to anime.

there are other jobs t oo sir
Feb 26, 2014 10:12 AM

Feb 2013
renders said:
BeatzMe said:
SetsukoHara said:
renders said:

there are other jobs t oo sir

Yeah, I mean, jobs are around the corner these days, right? It's already a huge competition to find steady jobs. Who's so mad to let his one go?
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Feb 26, 2014 10:15 AM
Sep 2013
>"more and more dumber"

I think you answered your own question.
The end is nigh

Feb 26, 2014 10:15 AM

Dec 2009
I agree, I also find it silly when people bitch about a great closing of a manga, like Naruto. I don't know if that made sense but this last battle is nicely done.
The only thing I hate is that Kishimoto won't do a time-skip, so to that, I tell him "fuck you", other than that, thank you for such a great manga.
Feb 26, 2014 10:25 AM

Nov 2008
renders said:
grandy_UiD said:

"He doesn't agree with me. He must be trying to be funny. To everyone else, you're idiots." -he thinks.

I think that sums up all the wars that's been going on.
Feb 26, 2014 10:33 AM

Oct 2013
There comes a time when thou must grow up and learn to respect or ignore other peoples opinions. I hate DMC but people like it. I tell them why I don't like it then I move on. If they like it fine but I'm not going to support the game.
Feb 26, 2014 10:40 AM

May 2012
I'm not gonna read through the thread.

My theory: Younger people get access to the internet and are able to spread their opinion thus resulting in more bullshit overall on the internet -> Anime fans don't become dumb. They start dumb and then realize 4-5 years from now "What the hell have I been writing?"
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Feb 26, 2014 11:05 AM

Jan 2012
MotRin said:
renders said:
grandy_UiD said:

"He doesn't agree with me. He must be trying to be funny. To everyone else, you're idiots." -he thinks.

you're so funny I can't stop laughing
Feb 26, 2014 11:11 AM

Jun 2012
Foregone conclusion, Anime fans are inbred neckbeards.

renders said:
MotRin said:
renders said:
grandy_UiD said:

I don't get the joke.
Feb 26, 2014 11:23 AM

Nov 2011
Hitler is still alive and he watches anime.
Feb 26, 2014 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
Objurgo said:
Every entertainment medium has its fair share of idiots.

Period.

^THIS
Don't you wanna hang out and waste your life with us?
-Spike Spiegel-
Feb 26, 2014 11:43 AM

Dec 2013
Best thread title I've seen in a long time, Lmao.

Honestly, I don't know. But if Japanese media has followed the dumberer trend common to music, tv, and film here in the states, it wouldn't surprise me...
Feb 26, 2014 11:53 AM

Jun 2013
Hulmy said:
renders said:

Time to leave the thread.

Wanna go grab a drink?
Feb 26, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2008
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Foregone conclusion, Anime fans are inbred neckbeards.

renders said:
MotRin said:
renders said:
grandy_UiD said:

I don't get the joke.

Well it wouldn't be funny anymore if it has to be explained, would it? c:
Feb 26, 2014 11:55 AM

Jun 2013
I love Naruto and all, but why the hell make a topic about it and complain about it's fans. This is just as bad you know. And not only does it make the fans look bad, but you as well for creating a topic and complaining about it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Your favorite furry anime character?

Ex-Aid - 3 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime with better sequels than the original

ST63LTH - 1 hour ago

4 by Otakupervert890 »»
3 minutes ago

» Characters born on the same day/month as you ?

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

31 by ColourWheel »»
10 minutes ago

» Does our opinions of characters reflect how we treat other people?

Zamus_Edits - 5 hours ago

7 by alshu »»
23 minutes ago

» When did anime become mainstream? Or do you think it's still not mainstream???

LenRea - 8 hours ago

16 by Spunkert »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.