Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Oct 28, 2016 6:10 PM
Oct 2016
best ep so far i really love this show but still this ep got me sooooooooo hype
Nov 17, 2016 10:07 PM

Jan 2015
Was yelling so much from excitement.
This is one of the top five most exciting anime episodes I've seen, without a doubt.
WizilizNov 18, 2016 12:49 AM
Dec 1, 2016 7:09 PM

Aug 2008
As long as Gon actually sacrifices something major (like his future nen usage as was suggested) I will accept the power up and even the completely one sided fight, especially against my favorite of the Ant characters. A tentative 5/5 assuming the show doesn't wimp out and have Gon keep his strength.
Dec 8, 2016 10:08 AM
Nov 2014
Didn't expect Gon vs Pitou to be a squash match, never expected Gon to be a super saiyan too. This episode was a major surprise, surely Gon cannot go on and fight the King too after this ? Would have destroyed all the build up for this arc.
Jan 2, 2017 8:37 AM
Jun 2016
What the heck, he turned into goku! No wonder Meruem reminds me of frieza in some way. I prefer meruem though. That transformation was a shock. Pitou gone bye nyah nyah! :3
Jan 26, 2017 3:23 PM
Oct 2016
Mariecat1 said:
No wonder Meruem reminds me of frieza in some way.

Meruem this whole time has actually reminded me of a combination of Piccolo Daimao and Cell, like a lot of things in this series Togashi has loosely based something off of something else from Dragon Ball but given it a lot more depth

Speaking of which that rage transformation was amazingly done, Gon has turned into something truly terrifying and the bit where you can hear him beating Pitou to death you know that he's really lost control and is no longer the same person until he comes back to his senses
Jan 26, 2017 6:03 PM
Jun 2016
DekuHero said:
Mariecat1 said:
No wonder Meruem reminds me of frieza in some way.

Meruem this whole time has actually reminded me of a combination of Piccolo Daimao and Cell, like a lot of things in this series Togashi has loosely based something off of something else from Dragon Ball but given it a lot more depth

Speaking of which that rage transformation was amazingly done, Gon has turned into something truly terrifying and the bit where you can hear him beating Pitou to death you know that he's really lost control and is no longer the same person until he comes back to his senses

Yeah Togashi gave great characterization to each of the characters. I though Gon was your happy go lucky kid till 💩 Hits the fan!
Apr 5, 2017 4:16 AM

Oct 2016
This is perfection. Based Madhouse and Togashi.
It's moments like these that separates HxH from other Battle Shounen.
Apr 16, 2017 4:07 AM

Jul 2014
HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

First of all, grown up(?) Gon looks hot. lol Thought of Hisoka at first after he transformed(?). All them muscles.

Also, Pitou died.... I like her. I mean, I don't like her since she's an enemy but I really like her character.

I'm freaking out now about what's gonna happen to Gon after this fight.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 29, 2017 2:54 AM

May 2015
...................holy shit, like I can't even with this show anymore ;__;
Apr 30, 2017 6:34 AM

Mar 2009
I don't like this transformation becouse of one thing: Gon is main character.
"He had to sacrifice everything to gain that power" - bullshit. He didn't sacrifice anything since he can get that power back, it's only temporary. His father will be like "ah, I done this before, you just need to do like 10 push ups and you will use nen again"

I will change my mind about it if only manga ever ends and Gon won't get his power back, or if he get back, but he will never be that strong, so he will be miles behind other chars. Otherwise whole concept of Nen would be destroyed for me.
3 setps to become Masochist:
1. Read source material
2. Watch anime adaptation
3. Suffer
Bonus Step: Tell everyone that anime is crap becouse Manga/Novel is better (duh..)

How to find the worst trash anime ever, so bad that people should be ashamed for even knowing this trash exist:
1. Check your favorite anime
2. Enjoy your shit taste pleb
Works everytime for everyone.
May 9, 2017 8:01 AM

Mar 2016
what the FUC K
WHAR THE FUCK ING FUJCK FUCJK D
May 30, 2017 1:39 PM

Jul 2016
holy shit. it was definitely nothing like what i was expecting. rip pitou.

also, those shorts look ridiculous on adult gon, lmao.
homudesuMay 30, 2017 1:44 PM
May 31, 2017 10:06 PM
Nov 2016
The most emotionally packed episode of the series. lol

I've watched this episode multiple times and does not get easier.
Jun 11, 2017 8:30 AM

Dec 2015
Holy mother of anime, what did Gon do to turn like that? Wow.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 29, 2017 3:17 PM
Nov 2009
Kids grow up so fast these days...
Jul 4, 2017 6:25 AM

May 2016
So Gon is now the strongest character in this series if he could could use this form. Anyway this was the best a really great episode I can't say this was the best episode of the anime cause there have been much better episodes but still the animation of that transformation was impressive.
Jul 4, 2017 6:44 AM

Mar 2012
Raizel said:
So Gon is now the strongest character in this series if he could could use this form. Anyway this was the best a really great episode I can't say this was the best episode of the anime cause there have been much better episodes but still the animation of that transformation was impressive.

How is he the strongest character when he's literally just "strong enough to beat Pitou", who was nothing compared to Netero?

I know you're gonna say Gon 1-hit-KO'd Pitou, but Pitou would have sliced him open too if it hadn't been for Killua. And Gon still needed several hits to completely crush the head/kill Pitou. But all-in-all, both were equally powerful.
End Zionazism
Jul 4, 2017 6:58 AM

May 2016
Mikasa said:
Raizel said:

How is he the strongest character when he's literally just "strong enough to beat Pitou", who was nothing compared to Netero?

I know you're gonna say Gon 1-hit-KO'd Pitou, but Pitou would have sliced him open too if it hadn't been for Killua. And Gon still needed several hits to completely crush the head/kill Pitou. But all-in-all, both were equally powerful.
I don't know if you remember this since I don't know when you have watched this episode but Pittou said it him/her self that Gon's power is equal to Mereum's, and I was talking about raw power, it's true that if it wasn't because of Killua Gon would be by now.
Jul 4, 2017 7:19 AM

Mar 2012
Raizel said:
Mikasa said:

I don't know if you remember this since I don't know when you have watched this episode but Pittou said it him/her self that Gon's power is equal to Mereum's, and I was talking about raw power, it's true that if it wasn't because of Killua Gon would be by now.

No... he said, in metaphors, that Gon has the potential to someday pose a threat to Meruem unless he is dealt with.

And more importantly, Pitou's estimate is about as valid as Killua when he was frantic and he told Netero that Pitou would easily kill him. See my point? A lot of characters (and people IRL) say stuff that can be wrong, especially when in panic.

My quote about Gon's power however, came from the narrator, which in most media is usually considered "word of god."
End Zionazism
Jul 4, 2017 8:12 AM

May 2016
Mikasa said:
Raizel said:

No... he said, in metaphors, that Gon has the potential to someday pose a threat to Meruem unless he is dealt with.

And more importantly, Pitou's estimate is about as valid as Killua when he was frantic and he told Netero that Pitou would easily kill him. See my point? A lot of characters (and people IRL) say stuff that can be wrong, especially when in panic.

My quote about Gon's power however, came from the narrator, which in most media is usually considered "word of god."
You definitely have more knowledge than me, it seems I was mistaken xD thanks for the info.
Jul 11, 2017 6:28 PM
Jul 2014
Noooooooo! First Ponzu, now Pitou... why must you do this.
Jul 26, 2017 1:33 PM

Aug 2016
I love this anime with all my heart but damn...this transformation is stupid and ridiculous.
I'm very proud of Killuah somehow though.
Akiho90Jul 26, 2017 1:40 PM
Aug 19, 2017 2:04 AM
Mar 2016
holy fucking shit. gon killed all three of them, there's no way anyone survived
Oct 29, 2017 5:15 PM

Oct 2015
What nonsense is this? There has to be an explanation to the bullshit Gon pulled here. Something better than the redundant trading life force/aura BS. Now even Netero seems like a weakling compared to a damned 12 year old, unless we get a good explanation soon.
Nov 2, 2017 4:00 AM

Jul 2016
Adult Gon will be a really scary and powerful Hunter... Let's just hope this transformation doesn't bring too many consequences for him.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Dec 10, 2017 2:54 PM

May 2013
Okay, idk how I feel about adult Gon lol.... I'm the type who prefers to see the MC train hard over getting a random spike in power. I guess since there's a fair trade in lifespan to gain power makes sense. He was epic nonetheless :3
Lookin' like a mix of Biscuit + Razor lmao

Killua, I hope you reach him ;A; sorry for always going above and beyond for such a troublesome best friend >< I hope after all this, the days will be easier with Gon from now on :'( youse da best for not giving up on him. Gon is seriously such a handful :/

Dec 30, 2017 3:26 PM

Aug 2017
Gon has gone through a lot of change and evolution.

He knocked the crap outta Pitou. It was brutal but satisfying. Oh man it was glorious.

5/5

Dec 31, 2017 4:17 PM
Mar 2017
Wow, such a great episode laced with so many true emotions.
Jan 3, 2018 11:40 PM

Dec 2016
Just rewatched this and ohh myy god Gon, you fucking beast. Well, I didn't really like Pitou, so can't say I didn't like that annhilation.
Jan 26, 2018 3:43 AM

Mar 2016
This episode is the pinnacle of satisfaction... This episode is EPIC!!!
Not only is the fight annihilation of Pitou by Gon is superbly animated, the ost is perfect for these moments, the feels and pain Gon was experiencing is delivered, and the amount of satisfaction when Gon was obliterating Pitou with that badass transformation is insane!

PITOU ALSO SAID THAT GON IS JUST AS STRONG AS MERUEM!!!
ShadowkillZJan 26, 2018 3:59 AM
Feb 22, 2018 6:16 AM

May 2016
Now i think i know why Togashi is on a hiatus a lot lately 😂

What if he is troubled dealing with the consequences of this transformation? 🤔

Ok that's just me thinking weird things.😅😅

Feb 24, 2018 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was so good, it got me questioning who i should actually be rooting for going into the battle, the episode does an excellent job of showing the psychological effect kite's death had on gon. Also rip my waifu
Apr 15, 2018 8:01 AM
Apr 2017
Most overhyped episode I've ever seen, in one of the most overhyped story arcs out there (which might be worthy of most of its praise if it had ended 10-20 episodes ago).

This just goes to my criticisms of Togashi's writing. I feel the same way about Yu Yu Hakusho: The guy can write tension and conflict some of the time, but he can't write a satisfying climax. There are too many pretend stakes that don't pay off--every character we've been given a lot of time with *almost* dying, and the only one who actually dies, Kite, is a person we barely know. The music, visuals, and so on during Gon's transformation just didn't work, and the animation of Pitou twirling through the air looked like a low-budget discount scene. Apparently Gon made a great sacrifice by adopting this new form, but knowing Togashi, it will surely not really matter in the end.
Apr 15, 2018 1:00 PM

Dec 2015
0217 said:
Most overhyped episode I've ever seen, in one of the most overhyped story arcs out there (which might be worthy of most of its praise if it had ended 10-20 episodes ago).

This just goes to my criticisms of Togashi's writing. I feel the same way about Yu Yu Hakusho: The guy can write tension and conflict some of the time, but he can't write a satisfying climax. There are too many pretend stakes that don't pay off--every character we've been given a lot of time with *almost* dying, and the only one who actually dies, Kite, is a person we barely know. The music, visuals, and so on during Gon's transformation just didn't work, and the animation of Pitou twirling through the air looked like a low-budget discount scene. Apparently Gon made a great sacrifice by adopting this new form, but knowing Togashi, it will surely not really matter in the end.

Lots of BS here I see. Netero died too so I don't get your complaint about lack of death. It's not about whether characters die or not, that's not how it works lol, the stakes are high because it still feels serious and Togashi can choose to kill characters if he wants and there are many examples, so there is no point in killing them all, besides just because they don't die doesn't mean they might make it out perfectly fine. This episode is one of the best production wise so I have no idea wtf you were watching when you say The music, visuals, and so on during Gon's transformation just didn't work, and the animation of Pitou twirling through the air looked like a low-budget discount scene." it was literally perfection on all those accounts.
As for the last part, it might not be as extreme as you want it to be but this episode will leave everlasting impact and have a big effect on Gon's development, as much as the haters want to deny.
Apr 15, 2018 2:50 PM

Nov 2016
I made it here and I'm just so happy. Now I can say I've watched this moment.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2018 7:35 PM
Apr 2017
Uchiha_Shadow said:
0217 said:

Lots of BS here I see. Netero died too so I don't get your complaint about lack of death. It's not about whether characters die or not, that's not how it works lol, the stakes are high because it still feels serious and Togashi can choose to kill characters if he wants and there are many examples, so there is no point in killing them all, besides just because they don't die doesn't mean they might make it out perfectly fine. This episode is one of the best production wise so I have no idea wtf you were watching when you say The music, visuals, and so on during Gon's transformation just didn't work, and the animation of Pitou twirling through the air looked like a low-budget discount scene." it was literally perfection on all those accounts.
As for the last part, it might not be as extreme as you want it to be but this episode will leave everlasting impact and have a big effect on Gon's development, as much as the haters want to deny.

Netero did die. He was technically an important character for this part the story but he was not emotionally connected to the main characters.

"besides just because they don't die doesn't mean they might make it out perfectly fine."

I'm on episode 139 right now, but I can assume the Gon is going to be chipper as always and overall it will seem like nothing has happened.

"it was literally perfection on all those accounts."

That transformation scene just seemed a bit disjointed, musically and visually. For an example of a strong buildup in a shonen that works, check out the finale of the Gohan vs. Cell fight in DBZ. That's an example that just seems so much smoother and more organic. It doesn't scream "imperfectly adapted manga scene."

Out of curiosity, what makes you like ASOIAF so much? I haven't seen much of it.
Apr 18, 2018 10:27 AM

Dec 2015
0217 said:
Uchiha_Shadow said:

Netero did die. He was technically an important character for this part the story but he was not emotionally connected to the main characters.

"besides just because they don't die doesn't mean they might make it out perfectly fine."

I'm on episode 139 right now, but I can assume the Gon is going to be chipper as always and overall it will seem like nothing has happened.

"it was literally perfection on all those accounts."

That transformation scene just seemed a bit disjointed, musically and visually. For an example of a strong buildup in a shonen that works, check out the finale of the Gohan vs. Cell fight in DBZ. That's an example that just seems so much smoother and more organic. It doesn't scream "imperfectly adapted manga scene."

Out of curiosity, what makes you like ASOIAF so much? I haven't seen much of it.

Again I will tell you that there will be everlasting effects of what happened in episode 131, just not as extreme as you think, but it's definitely not like "nothing has happened" and will change the course of the entire story.

I think the whole point is that it's different from the other transformation scenes, it's supposed to be messed up, cause it's not a good thing for Gon, it's not a happy glorious transformation, but a dark destructive one, you can't really compare it to Gohan. If you've read the manga you know the Anime did the scene 1000 times better.

I'll reply to your ASOIAF question with a message on your profile.
Aug 8, 2018 3:12 AM

Nov 2016
Rewatching

It hurt to see Gon like that,still one of the most badass moments in this show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 21, 2018 11:59 AM

Dec 2014
damp Gon macho mode was so unexpected…that brutal kill… they are implying that he will never be the same again
Aug 24, 2018 10:46 AM

Mar 2017
If you had told me Gon would be able to become even more badass a couple episodes ago, I wouldn't have believed you. But here we are, and Gon not only is buff as fuck and would put Bisky to shame, he even has a hairstyle worthy of a god! Him executing Pitou like that was both incredibly satisfying to watch, but also really sad. After all, this means that Gon has finally snapped, and just when Pitou finally showed her "human" side and became a creature not to be hated, but to be pitied... Pitou is beaten to jelly.

Definitely another climax of this series! Damn, Hunter x Hunter keeps on climaxing like it's nothing.
Oct 15, 2018 1:06 PM
Jun 2013
epic moment for sure.
Second time watching this and I still think Gon was overreacting a bit. He barely knew Kite. To sacrifice his life is a bit extreme. If it had been Killua or Gin that would be understandable, but this whole character change was very sudden to me.
Oct 19, 2018 11:30 PM

Jan 2017
How did his shorts also grow?
Oct 22, 2018 9:57 AM

May 2012
animeguy17 said:
epic moment for sure.
Second time watching this and I still think Gon was overreacting a bit. He barely knew Kite. To sacrifice his life is a bit extreme. If it had been Killua or Gin that would be understandable, but this whole character change was very sudden to me.

Kite was the first friend that Gon ever made and the one who told Gon about hunters in the first place. He was essentially Gon's surrogate father figure.
Oct 22, 2018 11:48 AM
Jun 2013
Nihilfist said:
animeguy17 said:
epic moment for sure.

Kite was the first friend that Gon ever made and the one who told Gon about hunters in the first place. He was essentially Gon's surrogate father figure.

1. Please tell me the episode showing this
2. If Gon's special relationship with Kite is from the past, it is illogical for him to not remember him until meeting him again.
Oct 22, 2018 2:23 PM

Jan 2013
animeguy17 said:
Nihilfist said:

1. Please tell me the episode showing this
2. If Gon's special relationship with Kite is from the past, it is illogical for him to not remember him until meeting him again.

The anime changed Kite's introduction. In the manga Kite appears in chapter 1 and saved Gon from a bear when Gon was like 5
Jan 4, 2019 9:29 AM

May 2012
Oh so that's why they created that really whack figure from him! WOW really, did never expect this to be honest, felt so sad and so impressive! This really was probably the best episode of this arc!

Really do wonder what will happen with Gon though, but from what it looks like here it really doesn't look good for Gon and his life force!
Feb 2, 2019 11:03 PM
Apr 2016
Incredible animation!!
Feb 14, 2019 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
Another epic episode from HxH.

Gon vs. Pitou. Actually, Pitou was one of my favourite villain characters. Maybe she could have been stronger. I really didn't expect Gon's regeneration. Initially, I thought Killua and Gon would fight together. Above all, I liked this episode. But, I can see why some people really disliked it. Because Gon's emotional breakdown is a bit difficult to explain.

(I felt bad for Pitou. Her face was... ruined so bad.)
Feb 14, 2019 6:18 PM

Dec 2016
Never liked this episode really, an the top of the cake of an overall disappointing arc.

It would have made much, much more sense and it would have been way more belieavable if Gon had lost his shit because it was either Killua or his father Ging the one he was told to be dead. No matter how related Kite had been to his father it's hard to believe Gon had developed such an affection towards him in such little time.

Besides his "transformation" was painfully laughable. Looked super ridiculous.
Pages (21) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 102 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2013

150 by Nerdason »»
Today, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 101 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2013

208 by Nerdason »»
Today, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 15, 2013

161 by Nerdason »»
Today, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeGundam - Oct 1, 2011

404 by Burayan »»
Yesterday, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2013

162 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 5:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.