Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »
Feb 12, 2017 3:21 PM
Mar 2016
Kamidox said:
What now? Ayumi being dead is the first time this anime actually surprises me, I think.

I lol'd at Angel Beats on the tv.

But, this was one of the most interesting episodes so far.
I hope he didn't recover just like that. That would be bs. I expect his personality to be at least a tiny bit different from now on.

when, i missed that?
Feb 28, 2017 4:34 PM

Jun 2016
Well that was sure something... thought he was gonna roll one up in a receipt for a second lol. If anyone deserved those stabs to the leg though, I'd say it's that box cutter bitch. I hope we get some resolution with that
Mar 25, 2017 8:18 PM
Feb 2017
Wow. That's all I have to say. Took this from a simple super power mess around anime to much deeper levels.
Apr 28, 2017 6:50 AM

Sep 2016
Holy shit. This episode was weird as hell.
Jun 30, 2017 10:42 PM

Jul 2016
Whoa whoa whoa. Wait. SHE DIED?! MY LITTLE CHILD DIED? Is this even real? I was so in shock that I tried to pause the episode but the site I was using was glitching so it didn't pause and I just had to ride the whole thing out. At this point, I'm probably delusional because I still have hope that she is still alive somehow... She can't really be dead! Well. This anime has taken a different turn than I thought. What a tearjerker and a horrifying episode! I was legitimately scared whenever he used the skewer sticks, I had truly believed it was the end for Yuu when he was about to snort the cocaine LMFAO. Can't believe Nao resigned from school just to watch over him, it's as if her power was made for this reason. I've never seen 17 pages for one episode discussion before, must have really riled a bunch if people up.
Cazqui-09Jun 30, 2017 11:06 PM
Jun 30, 2017 11:02 PM

Apr 2017
suzakukaworu said:
Whoa whoa whoa. Wait. SHE DIED?! MY LITTLE CHILD DIED? Is this even real? I was so in shocked I tried to pause the episode but the site I was using was glitching so it didn't pause and I just had to ride the whole thing out. At this point, I'm probably delusional because I still have hope that she is still alive somehow... She can't really be dead! Well. This anime has taken a different turn than I thought. What a tearjerker and a horrifying episode! I was legitimately scared whenever he used the skewer sticks, I had truly believed it was the end for Yuu when he was about to snort the cocaine LMFAO. Can't believe Nao resigned from school just to watch over him, it's as if her power was made for this reason. I've never seen 17 pages for one episode discussion before, must have really riled a bunch if people up.
yes lol she 'died' xD

still life: pink roses
Jun 30, 2017 11:05 PM

Jul 2016
sunako199 said:
suzakukaworu said:
Whoa whoa whoa. Wait. SHE DIED?! MY LITTLE CHILD DIED? Is this even real? I was so in shocked I tried to pause the episode but the site I was using was glitching so it didn't pause and I just had to ride the whole thing out. At this point, I'm probably delusional because I still have hope that she is still alive somehow... She can't really be dead! Well. This anime has taken a different turn than I thought. What a tearjerker and a horrifying episode! I was legitimately scared whenever he used the skewer sticks, I had truly believed it was the end for Yuu when he was about to snort the cocaine LMFAO. Can't believe Nao resigned from school just to watch over him, it's as if her power was made for this reason. I've never seen 17 pages for one episode discussion before, must have really riled a bunch if people up.
yes lol she 'died' xD
Jul 17, 2017 12:10 AM

Feb 2010
She died?! No wat. i was not expecting that. Pretty sad episode. I hope she's still alive.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Aug 11, 2017 8:09 AM

Jun 2016
He should've remained that way at least a bit longer. Watching thug main character is never boring.
Aug 21, 2017 12:57 AM

Feb 2013
my fucking heart.xd
✈️
Aug 21, 2017 9:29 PM

May 2017
I feel really bad for him.
Aug 24, 2017 5:30 AM

Mar 2017
This may sound fucked up, but oh boy am I glad she died. I had no wifi where I was at while watching this so beforehand I downloaded a random anime, and sadly I chose this one. There's so many plot holes and so much annoying filler that I was getting bored but then finally something semi-interesting happened.

But now he's back to student counsel ffs
Sep 10, 2017 9:17 AM
Jul 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I CANT OMFG NO. WHY?! :_______________________________: WHY HER? OMFG NO.
Kokoro Connect <3
Sep 24, 2017 11:05 AM

Feb 2015
The episode was really good. Just one thing, if this event and this exodus were very important for the plot, I think that they should be longer, I don't know, I really don't know how the story is gonna continue so, go on.
Oct 4, 2017 11:32 PM
May 2017
What a tone shift...
Oct 12, 2017 7:17 AM

Jul 2016
x3Rampage said:
always thought this anime had potential to be good. finally starts to pick up the pace

I am really hoping this will be the turning point. Almost dropped it but the MC descent into madness saved it.
Nov 29, 2017 8:39 PM

Nov 2013
Shock. Didn't see this coming. I thought HE would be the one who died, as it seemed like his sister was still alive at the end of that 'collapse'.

The utter despair, the sense of nothing left to lose, the hopelessness. And now the path to losing humanity. This was an episode that woke me up from what otherwise was a pretty boring series so far. It's amazing how fearless one becomes when they are convinced there is nothing left to live for.
Feb 23, 2018 7:43 AM

Aug 2014
Hrybami said:
pretzel06 said:
he's watching angel beats!! come on Yuu xd

Agreed. Watching Angel Beats can only make him more depressive.

ooohhh so I should watch it soon ;d

anyway the best episode so far! Something actually is going on. I was thinking he is going to be found out by some scientist, but no...

I also think that Ayumi will still have some role. Connected with the thing that she loved to watch the stars and Opening? Maybe that wet guy did something? I wonder who was that blonde girl?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 8, 2018 4:50 PM

Dec 2016
So much shit in this episode makes no sense, especially how Tomori can only be invisible to one person yet no one ever acknowledged her existence throughout this entire episode. Like in the public areas sure, but in those dozens of fights not one person ever went after her... like wtf? And based off of her character you're tryna tell me Tomori waited alllllllllll that time to say something, fuck out of here.
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 29, 2018 4:04 AM
Jun 2017
Depression taken to a whole new level.
Feb 8, 2019 8:55 AM

Nov 2018
Despair and lost of loved ones can throw you deep into a dark hole that seems to be endless and keep dragging you in without any resistance from you. At times like this, you'll always need someone to pull you back up and slap you into senses. Someone that cares about you that much.

This pretty much concludes the chemistry between Tomori and Otosaka.
Mar 20, 2019 12:00 PM

Aug 2017
I am glad Yuu decided to put his life back on track in the end. How ironic and sad tot realise that he came to this conclusion after eating his sisters favourite dish haha... Hopefully the next episode will be funny again, but I think this gloomy atmosphere was nice for a change. It was a good episode overall.
Apr 27, 2019 7:49 PM

Oct 2017
Nexxkinn said:
SO, in this episode, we learnt:
11. How to become SIMON, after KAMINA.

Honestly great reference! I wasn't even thinking about that! Really enjoyed this episode, and I'm glad Yuu was able to rise above this challenge in the end (thanks to Nao and her cooking the special omelet rice dish)
May 3, 2019 6:35 PM

Apr 2019
I cried so fucking much during this episode, i never expected ayumi to actually die, i just thought it was another cliffhanger that would end good :(

i think i'll miss this show a lot when its over...
Jun 8, 2019 6:53 PM

Jun 2009
LMFAO that chick from the first episode showed up and he completely forgot her. wasn't expecting that.
Jun 24, 2019 2:51 AM

Mar 2014
Fuck they actually killed Ayumi?

Nice life lesson: you could be having the best days of your life and suddenly LEFT TURN your sister's dead and you're beating up thugs in the street to cope
Jul 16, 2019 10:47 AM

Jan 2016
what the hell, I didn't want Ayumi to die, god damnit. Yuu really fucked up those gangs, his power is OP in situations like that.
Aug 7, 2019 7:46 PM

Sep 2015
To say that Yuu was very rude and not nice to to Shirayanagi is an understatement, but I hope she doesn't hate him for that.
Aug 20, 2019 8:02 AM

Sep 2017
I think they did a pretty good job showing Yuu's descent into depression. I gotta wonder why Nao didn't jump in sooner if she was periodically watching him like that. Did we really need to wait for him to be willing to do hard drugs?
Nov 24, 2019 4:08 AM
Mar 2018
First time I have seen hard drugs in an anime, the guy was just about to do a line of coke.
Jan 26, 2020 3:19 AM
Jul 2019
This is too much, don't you think? If my sister die *knock three times* I would cry then go back to school after the service.
Jun 8, 2020 6:17 PM

May 2015
Its been a long while since I last saw edgy Yu. I love it XD. Now the really interesting stuff begins.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 11, 2020 6:56 AM

Jan 2013
SomeGuyWithHair said:
This is too much, don't you think? If my sister die *knock three times* I would cry then go back to school after the service.

I would say his reaction isn't really out of the realm of possibilities, some people have a stronger connection with their loved ones than others.

Just weird that it took Tomori that long to slap some sense into Yuu, she was just watching all of these people get stabbed and getting serious injuries, only to say no when it came to drugs.
And how the hell did they not see her, her power is to make herself invisible for 1 person, not multiple, unless she somehow evolved her supernatural power.
Jun 16, 2020 12:31 PM

May 2018
Yuu just did a Shinji. No one should ever do a Shinji.
Jul 8, 2020 6:58 PM
Oct 2019
So I was thinking this show was alright (6/10). I wasn't overly excited by it but was curious where it was heading.

I did NOT think it was heading towards cute little sister dying tragically and then pizza sauce omelette time. *waterworks* Yea, that got to me.
Dec 21, 2020 11:08 PM

Sep 2018
And there it is, Angel Beats style. The "Imma dump this tragedy on ya'll real quick right now and force those emotions outta you". This did it better than Angel Beats, so there is that. His path to destruction was entertaining...
Jun 22, 2021 10:23 AM
Apr 2021
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, so Yuu got hospitalized from what happened previously. Ouch...and it' s sad to see him alone with a hoodie on and eating pizza, ALONE.

Poor Ayane ;_;
The mood of the episode was depressing except for a few comedic parts involving the glasses dude.

I also think Yuu is behaving irrational this episode as well, using his abilities against thugs on the street and also getting into trouble. Honestly, he is not being himself like usual. Glad to see Nao coming into help a bit though.

This is like 6 years too late as I'm only just now watching this anime but... Yuu not being himself like usual is probably because in this episode his sister died *-* Tbh I don't even think he was being that irrational. Crazy yes. But before he softened up in the first half of the show, he was almost always acting selfishly aside from when it concerned Ayumi. So, he just reverted back to his old self but 10x worse because there's essentially no one holding him back (aside from Nao who enters the picture towards the end).
Aug 2, 2021 6:47 PM
Mar 2021
The best episode in Anime history
RetiredUserAug 3, 2021 9:02 AM
Aug 4, 2021 4:36 PM
May 2020
I actually have a pretty contradictory opinion on this episode. To me (I'm now on episode 9, so I've seen what comes afterward) This episode seems pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things. I really liked the feeling it brought, potentially bringing a darker twist to the anime and a downhill spiral for the main character to cause conflict, but said conflict gets resolved way too quickly for my taste.

For example, the episode is about Yuu processing the grief that comes with the loss of his sister. And he, unlike a lot of other anime characters, handles it really poorly. He turns to violence, running away from his problems, and even goes as far as to almost do cocaine. The writers show the evolution of his craving for bloodshed, going out of their way to show he is enjoying the adrenaline rush and power he's getting from it, but Nao comes along and manages to overwrite the whole thing in less than 5 minutes.

So to be frank, this episode feels sort of pointless, since it's a good watch but hardly has any effect on what comes next. It just feels spontanious, and like it belongs in a different show entirely.
Aug 10, 2021 3:52 PM
Apr 2021
last ep was from 0-100 and this was 0-100-0. Best ep in whole anime and i havent even eatched the entire show
Sep 28, 2021 7:57 AM
Jun 2020
This episode was depressing but also a necessary one for Yuu's development. It also gives Yuu more motivation to help save others with special abilities.
Dec 31, 2021 8:08 AM

Jul 2021
I didn't think Ayumi would die, and as expected, Yuu was very depressed about it. Thanks to Tomori's efforts, Yuu will return to the student council and have a better life than when he was running away.
asdasdsadad
Apr 16, 2022 9:04 AM

Jan 2021
Damn, his sister really died in the end, I definitely wasn't expecting that

I like MC more as a villian tho, student council president is simping for him heavy

I hope things don't come back to normal after this episode
May 8, 2022 9:57 AM

Jul 2021
Damn I didn't expect this show to have an actual death like that and then it gets more depressing afterwards.
May 11, 2022 10:53 AM

Nov 2019
Binge eating is realistic. The drug attempt was also a spiral. She saved him, but she kept seeing him fall. It was amazing to witness the almost no going back mode turned on.

I hope this goes in the direction of keeping Ayumi alive and ending pleasantly, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.
Jul 31, 2022 12:00 PM

Jul 2021
Can't believe they actually killed her off.

I'm just glad they wrapped up this depression phase in a single episode and didn't drag it out. The omurice scene managed to get me teary-eyed. One of the better episodes of this. First half of this season was nothing special just normal stuff that managed to keep you hooked. Seems like real shit begins now.
TsutanaiFuunJul 31, 2022 12:06 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 9, 2022 11:08 AM

May 2020
now I get why people say that it just got edgy after a while

it feels like I've missed an ep
the pacing for this ep was way too fast
sad that the little sister died
also, was that Angel Beats on the tv?

Dec 10, 2022 5:40 AM

Dec 2022
Well. That escalated quickly. It started off with the "wham moment" of the doctors just telling Yuu his sister was dead, and then he went from 0-60 in becoming a violent recluse. But then he almost snorts some coke, and Nao intervenes.

I just hope he doesn't go back to mostly normal right away (at least in the sense of being a genuine asshole), but my hopes are low.

Jan 3, 2023 2:14 PM
Nov 2021
Clássico episódio que ele fica depressivo.
Talvez, eu achasse mais legal apenas se quando ele tivesse comendo o que a Nao preparou, ele tivesse falado o que achava do gosto. Mas tirando isso gostei bastante.
Jun 10, 2023 12:55 PM
Apr 2023
peak episode shit was fire
Pages (18) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

654 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

463 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2015

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2015

356 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 18, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2015

303 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 15, 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.