Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 27, 2016 7:52 PM
Nov 2015
Leonora's VA is made this episode imo

Alice and Ryou again prove themselves to be my favorite characters with that backstory.

If Soma doesn't win I'd be surprised.

4/5
Aug 27, 2016 8:18 PM

Dec 2015
I don't know why I see this like an overrated anime.

What's up with not serving the plate how it's supposed to be, that should not be allowed, that is playing freely with the judges emotions.

Seriously, I cannot understand the hype of the people about this anime, the script does not convince me at all.
Aug 27, 2016 8:40 PM

Jan 2011
I was expecting this to be a lot more drawn out, either way it was obvious they were gonna cliffhanger the winner. Leonora is just great too.

I haven't seen Berserk, but I somehow just knew it.
Aug 27, 2016 8:59 PM

Jan 2011
Too fast of an adaptation. However, it still turns out to be good each week.

I'm fairly confident in saying this season will pale in comparison to S1. I continue to feel the depth of the arc is lacking as a result of the decision to go one cour. Still rated very high though at present and deserving I suppose as it's still very entertaining to watch, but nowhere near as exciting as watching S1 events imo.
Aug 27, 2016 9:06 PM

Dec 2013
In terms of exciting, the manga definitely did it better. They just rushed the hell out of this entire Autumn festival to be honest. That in itself is no small feat.

That said, it was still a pretty enjoyable experience I guess. Still needed a bag of chips to get through the first two dishes.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 27, 2016 9:47 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Hayama only used allspice? Talk about shocking. Everyone though he'd drop like 20 spices but 1 spice in the end, quite shocking.

That's quite an odd way for Ryo to present his dish but it also looked quite creative. It makes the person unwrapping it feel anxious towards the dish.
Soma's dish imo looked better than Hayama's but that's just my opinion.

Alice's mom going into preaching mode lol
Was I the only one that thought of Jesus based on her pose while talking all fast.

Aug 28, 2016 12:16 AM

Nov 2012
Dang, Kurokiba and Hayama felt especially annoying in this episode.

Souma still have secret weapon, will it be enough to win him the tournament?
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Aug 28, 2016 12:22 AM
Jul 2018
shit just got effin' real.

Screw Hayama and Kurokiba, Souma still got an ace up on his sleeve. dat cliffhanger tho

Leonora so damn funny (and that fluency in japanese, damn)

oh well, one more ep and it'll be the end of the Autumn Elections Arc
Aug 28, 2016 12:30 AM

Jul 2013
Fuck that cliffhanger. Soma's sword looks the most badass with that blue aura.
Aug 28, 2016 2:08 AM

Sep 2013
Ahahaha omfg Alice's mom was hilarious xD and dang that cliffhanger ;A;
Aug 28, 2016 3:32 AM

Jun 2008
YAY! SOMA'S GONNA WIN!

I mean why else would they make such a tease like that, unless the author was being a dick and allowing the fans to THINK the MC was gonna overcome the two top dogs and come out the Champ only to then say....NAH, FUCK THAT I'm gonna make that brown dude win or the other guy...whatever his name is...

I mean...Fine, if you don't want to have the MC win I get that....but why put him as the big underdog then tease the audience with some miraculous comeback, only to fail?

But surely the author won't do that...surely our hero Soma will come out on top!
Aug 28, 2016 3:57 AM
Jul 2016
RedaJaNai said:
MuQu said:
This is the first time I wanted the Main character to win so much ,,, I hope he win!!
I need spoilers ! Who win here?

#characterlimit

The last scene isn't mentionned in the manga right? Maybe it will be a different ending?
DawgSpoonAug 28, 2016 5:16 AM
Aug 28, 2016 4:46 AM

Sep 2015
At this point it's already clear what's going to happen.

Aug 28, 2016 5:17 AM

Feb 2014
Leonora's 'baring' scene made my day! XD

I'm happy that J.C Staff was able to deliver this episode really well. Both Kurokiba and Hayama's dishes look really fancy and have dis-robed Senzaemon, but I'd personally say that Hayama has the edge over Kurokiba partly due to the 'one-trick pony' insult in the semi-finals.

Soma's dish looks really inviting, simple and delicious, but it hasn't dis-robed Senzaemon. At least, not yet, since Soma has an ace up his sleeve. good thing thankfully, since I don't want to see Eizan's smug face smiling again. >_<

JustALEX said:
YAY! SOMA'S GONNA WIN!

I mean why else would they make such a tease like that, unless the author was being a dick and allowing the fans to THINK the MC was gonna overcome the two top dogs and come out the Champ only to then say....NAH, FUCK THAT I'm gonna make that brown dude win or the other guy...whatever his name is...

I mean...Fine, if you don't want to have the MC win I get that....but why put him as the big underdog then tease the audience with some miraculous comeback, only to fail?

But surely the author won't do that...surely our hero Soma will come out on top!

Agreed. By the way the finals are going, Soma's ace should give him the win, unless there is an ass-pull that prevents him from winning.
Aug 28, 2016 10:56 AM

Aug 2014
What I hated about this episode more than in other episodes is that I had to pause every second to read this long sentences... it kinda ruined my fun ;/ I was also eating my self made Chaliapin Katsudon Thyriad Style inspired by Chaliapin Steak Don from first season anime :) so I had to pause even more to eat rice with chopsticks :S

I loved Alice and Ryou story :) it was cool and cute :)))

I think that Hayama dish is the weakest.
Ryou dish thanks to this butter and packing everything together is the one I like the most, although I haven't tried all the seafood as I am not fond of them.
Souma is also something I would make, I wonder what he wants to add to his dish, but still isn't it against the rules or something? :/

I don't want to wait another week for new episode :(
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 28, 2016 12:07 PM

Jun 2013
Alice's mom knows perfect japanese only when she eats something good lol
Aug 28, 2016 1:08 PM

Mar 2015
DawgSpoon said:
RedaJaNai said:

#characterlimit

The last scene isn't mentionned in the manga right? Maybe it will be a different ending?

Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Aug 28, 2016 1:18 PM

Aug 2013
I'm extremely disturbed by the fact that Alice's mother's accent doesn't sound Danish

it sounds more like an english accent
Aug 28, 2016 5:13 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I believe in you Soma!

Alice's mom has a really nice pair.
Aug 29, 2016 3:44 AM

Jun 2014
these cliffhangers jeez
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2016 6:03 AM

May 2014
Erina's mom's "baring" was funny as hell lol
Again, awesome episode!! I like how they interpret the swords of each candidate. Souma's at it again :D 5/5
Aug 29, 2016 7:29 AM

May 2015
Nice episode :) Yukihira will win, i'm sure of it :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 29, 2016 10:01 AM
Jun 2013
Soma unsheathe his katana, the blade of all blades.
Aug 29, 2016 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
Alice and Ryo as kids <3
Aug 29, 2016 9:53 PM

May 2011
ridley388 said:
What's up with not serving the plate how it's supposed to be, that should not be allowed, that is playing freely with the judges emotions.

This was sorta my reaction. I don't understand why nearly everyone thought that cliffhanger was so amazing. I thought it was pretty dumb. Time is already up. Sorry Soma. You don't get to add more to the dish just because the judges weren't overwhelmed by it.
Aug 30, 2016 10:27 AM

Jul 2016
Plot twist :
soma lost because the judges wont get seconds
Aug 31, 2016 3:05 AM

Jun 2013
Why do people always say "You're not serious about this competition!" If I had a dollar every time someone said that in every shounen competition, I'd buy myself a freaking country.

Alice's mom's accent is pretty annoying, I know it's supposed to be funny but it's not funny at all. I'm tired of how they assume foreigners sound when speaking Japanese. It obviously sounds like a Japanese person talking like a foreigner speaking in Japanese.

Also, can Soma please lose at least once? I'm tired of this fucking Marty Stu and his orgasmic creations. I don't give a fuck either if the series is named after him. Then again, I'm not watching for him, I'm watching for the food.
臭い-
Aug 31, 2016 5:55 AM

Jul 2015
Ryo is up first and makes people lose their clothes. This is probably the most intense talk about melting butter I will ever hear, and it even fixed the white haired mom's Japanese and turned her into an angel. Hayama also, makes everybody lose their clothes with food even more intense. And then Soma enters, and does not make everybody lose their clothes, but that only seems to happen when it's unexpected. Now to wait and see who actually wins once they try out whatever Soma is gonna pull.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 31, 2016 4:21 PM

Oct 2007
souma unsheathes his sword and he's going ban***
all the sword and beast references are hilarious. This is one intense cooking match!
Next episode title is Genius. And we all know who they're referring too :D
Aug 31, 2016 7:58 PM
Jan 2008
It's sad that they rushed the story again... Some nice panels got lost cause of that (like this page - https://67.media.tumblr.com/a7cfb28aac61c29a10364b40f8c05da5/tumblr_ocfownRSOb1vqs8eoo1_1280.jpg ).

Ryo and Alice, oh, kids, you are so precious ;u; A ship really worth shipping.

I hope next week will be note so on speed... Chapters 103 and 104 are my personal favourites in the whole manga >.<
Sep 1, 2016 4:12 AM

Apr 2015
The cliff nooooooo.

Anyway great episode can't wait for the next one.

Btw this mother damn. Simply too much HNGG.
Sep 1, 2016 7:37 AM
Sep 2015
Berserk reference (using FF characters [Cloud for Kurokiba, Zidane for Hayama]) made the day.

And for people complaining about contests, may I remind you that this is indeed a contest?
Sep 1, 2016 1:33 PM

Jul 2015
Man this was an awesome ep Alice's mother was hilarious as always xD can't wait to see what tricks soma has up his sleeve to give him the edge all their dishes were great though i'm hype for next week now

I loved when they were comparing their cooking to swords Ryo went full Guts or Cloud and Hayama looked like he could be a character in Arslan xD now Soma has got to pull a Rurouni Kenshin to win this haha
Sep 1, 2016 7:52 PM

Oct 2008
The mere thought that the Director didn't take-off his top clothes suggests that Souma didn't even made the judges appreciate his creation and then suddenly Souma releases his secret trump card is frigginly cliffhanger! DAMN!
5/5!
matias067Sep 1, 2016 7:57 PM

Sep 1, 2016 11:17 PM

Jul 2009
Dang, I LOVE Alice and Ryou's relationship!!! Seeing their cooking battles go back so long was so cute, especially how that's when he started calling her "ojou" after his first win XD Really hope he wins (for her) :P His dish looks really delicious ... oh my gosh *_* Alice's mother is too funny lol, how does she suddenly speak Japanese properly?! If I'm not mistaken, in the flashback to Alice and Ryou as kids she spoke fluently then :P Akira's dish looks pretty good too, and so does Souma's. Looks like he's got another trick up his sleeve though, since his initial offering didn't seem to impress as much as the others did. Let's see how this changes things, but I still hope that Ryou wins ... :P
Sep 4, 2016 3:09 PM

Dec 2009
Hayama beat Kurokiba if it was a one vs one.

To be fair they both are really strong cooks. Alice is probably in that group as well among the first years.

Soma was pretty ballsy not serving his entire dish right off the bat.
Sep 6, 2016 1:42 PM
Sep 2009
Can't say it's fair. Like yeh, lots of characters go "please try dipping food now" but not after the bowl was finished.

Personally I would love for Ryo to win, I think he deserved it more.
Sep 17, 2016 3:03 PM

Aug 2014
Not the baring I was looking forward to see :(
Sep 25, 2016 5:45 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that was intense! Really looking forward to see what the next episode has to offer, but well this sure looks pretty epic!
Oct 1, 2016 3:43 PM

Dec 2015
I was so nervous when Yukihira was about to serve his dish, it seems like he still has something up his sleeve.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 1, 2016 10:38 PM
Mar 2012
Mother's accent, Alice & doggy backstory were hilarious.
Fate references too stronk. Mom's actually Irisviel so she knows Sasaki Kojirou, and lol Shiro's archery club with saury.
Sword imagery were cool too.
Oct 8, 2016 4:46 PM

Apr 2010
This gets more stupid by the episode. People constantly getting naked from eating meals, some sword fight is there for some reason and now there's yet another good looking female character now with a silly voice gimmick.

The first season wasn't too bad but this one is awful. Funnily enough it's the actual Food Wars that bring it down. These "battles" just make the show go full retard.
Oct 10, 2016 8:55 AM

Apr 2014
I'm tired of everyone in the school still assuming that Yukihira still has no skill. I mean like he has obviously proven them wrong so any times already.
Let’s say I posed this question to you: “Can all human souls be bought with money or not?” Now remember, the keyword here is “all”. The answer is “There are times when you can buy them, and other times, not,” right? The human being… sometimes he’ll uphold his pride and conscience even if he’s offered ten billion yen, and other times he’ll murder someone over one yen. ~Izaya Ohira (Durarara)
Nov 28, 2016 8:42 PM

Mar 2015
I love how everyone just dismisses Soma and he jumps in with an awesome twist!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 14, 2016 3:14 AM

Jul 2014
I like how the audience is judging how good the dishes are through the director's chest-baring. LOL sounds so ridiculous but too damn hilarious!! xD
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 13, 2017 5:33 AM

May 2013
LOL I love it when Alice's mom goes "bare" hahhahahaa
Apr 7, 2017 8:19 AM
Aug 2014
The "cliffhanger" was just silly, he shouldn't be allowed to serve a second dish.
Glad the battles are almost over at least as they're rather boring with all the over the top reactions and all the babbling about how the dish was made taking up almost all the time in each episode.
Apr 11, 2017 9:14 PM

May 2015
Man, both Ryou & Akira presentation were superb. Let’s see what is MC plot armor Ace up his sleeve... XD
Apr 17, 2017 6:52 PM

Jul 2013
Just wow. These 3 are topping almost everything we could see before. It's a battle of giants. Ryous dish looked so good in these cling wrap bags. This dish surpassed the dish he made in the semifinal. Also Akiras dish was completely different and everyone thought it's failure, but after he began burn the fish it was like magic.

Also interesting to hear and see more about Ryous and Alices past together. Ryou lost every cooking duel for 2 years. Only after these 2 years he was able to beat Alice for the first time.

The reaction of the jury was so genius. The director was naked after eating Akiras and Ryous dish and Alices mother rapped like Eminem xD

Soumas dish looked also soo good but it didn't got the reaction we expected, at least the jury had not enthusiasm as before. But as we know Souma it seems he has an ace in the hole. I can't really imagine what it will be but let's see if he can beat Akira and Ryou with it.

Jun 8, 2017 12:53 AM

Jul 2012
Might've been that they didn't explain Sōma's dish enough, but I also thought it was lacking compared to the other two. I'm glad he still has an ace up his sleeve. Now to find out what that is :D
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

236 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

142 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

156 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

204 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

130 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.