Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 »
May 23, 2018 4:04 AM

Mar 2018
I was like uh....? In some parts but I was nice to watch I guess.
Aug 14, 2018 4:09 PM

Mar 2014
The immense potential of this series was completely squandered with the introduction of the meaningless character of Five, who became the focus of the entire second half. It really felt like they realised halfway through that they only had 11 episodes to work with so they needed to come up with a villain quickly to create a more focused narrative and a goal for all of the main characters to work towards like in a standard thriller.

I was hoping it would be the next - or maybe even better - Death Note but with musings on modern society and the morality of terrorism. And with a director like Shinichiro Watanabe I thought it would be a guaranteed masterpiece.
Unfortunately it's a total disaster with boring and typical implausible anime melodrama, and any mature themes it had were overshadowed by the awful direction the plot takes after the first half.
The commentary on the one-sided, exploitative post-WW2 relationship between the US and Japan could've been very interesting, but there was just not much to it aside from a line or two.

Incredibly disappointing. I hope Watanabe's future works will show a return to form for him.
The soundtrack though is one of the shining aspects of it, with Yoko Kanno's music being absolutely brilliant as always.
neotstyleAug 15, 2019 2:47 PM
Aug 17, 2018 1:24 PM

Dec 2010
After witnessing a lot of praise I expected this show to be so much better... What a shame that it turned out to be a disappointment.

But good things first. The direction was splendid. A lot of great, photographic-quality like moments. The pace of the whole anime was pretty satisfying, a lot of slower moments felt really chilling and relaxing. Moreover, I like the fact that everything was conlduded in the end with enough time to build the whole thing up. The artstyle was soothing and the animation was kept on a decent level. The soundtrack was top notch with some really strong and memorable moments. To sum things up the whole presentation of the anime was its best aspect. Really high quality work.

On the other hand the characters and their development were atrocious. Especially the female cast. Lisa was annyoing the whole time, she was a damsel in distress and a real retard. Everything she has done was cringeworthy and she was always a source of the incoming problems. No wonder her mother was "overprotective". She was not only stupid and illogical but also a big crybaby. She was not a real character - she serves no purpose to the story other than making our MCs easier to catch. But still she is not the worst character of this show. When a turd like Lisa is not the worst you know you are in some deep trouble.

Five`s story part was totally unbelievable. Up to this point the story was somewhat realistic, but when this bimbo was introcuded... oh boy. Not only she is some secret agent searching for atomic bomb but she is also the biggest fish in her team. 17 year old girl with an unstable personality and a lot of severe headaches is the boss of the team that is supposed to deal with atomic bombs. Like hell yeah, legit. On top of that she is a one dimensional villain with no personality other than being obsessive over Nine. When you main villain is a cartboard villain and her only discernible feature is the fact that she is obsessed about the MC just because, you should know you fucked it up.

And the whole point of her winning against Nine? What the hell? Firstly, she had not found the atomic bomb. Secondly she had not won against Nine because he surendered. And after all how could you even call this a duel? A two guys against whole japanese police and american special unit.

And then they killed Twelve first not Nine. Yes, make Nine angry because you killed his friend. He is totally not holding the... oh crap. Twelve was wrecked after his motorcycle fall, but Nine? Not even a scratch. Nine stealing the atomic bomb from the school that was surrounded with high class antiterrorist? Okay. Him running away without even a scratch when they were firing at him? Please. Things like this makes this anime feel like totally unrealistic.

What a shame. With better characters and improved plot this could be a future classic.
tearofmankindAug 17, 2018 1:28 PM
Oct 9, 2018 1:11 AM
Jun 2013
Good ending. And one of my favorite OSTs of all time.
Oct 28, 2018 1:20 PM

Nov 2014
Strong ending... but I didn't like it. Twelve getting shot was pointless. Nine dying off screen without any comment about how long it took, if he got hospitalized etc, was also rather anticlimatic. They had to die and couldn't get happily ever after ending, but killing them this way felt bad.

Another thing that I didn't like in this anime were Five and Lisa. Shibazaki would be good antagonist, but we got annoying crazy girl. Complicating stuff with Lisa felt forced, even if she played big part in their character development - she could've been pushed to less active role for that purpose and let action focus on their story.

Other than that, it's pretty much perfect. There is no flawless anime, so despite things I wrote above I'll easily give ZnT 10/10.

I feel so empty now, fuck.
Dec 2, 2018 12:47 PM

Oct 2018
Damn, how I have enjoyed this anime, but damn, does the last episode ruin it for me. Had there only been 12 episodes they would’ve perfectly executed the ending. But having this be the ending seems to me as if something is missing, the ending feels too rushed.

A twelfth episode would’ve made the death scenes so much more emotional, by giving them more time to sink in for the viewer. Overall of the series 8.5/10, last episode I can only praise for the soundtrack, 6/10.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Dec 9, 2018 1:29 PM
Aug 2018
Going into this anime I didn't know what to expect. I can happily say that I really enjoyed this show. Each episode was really good and interesting. Even though I didn't really like 5 in the story, I still think it was a complete and satisfying story.
I give the show an 8/10.
Jan 10, 2019 11:27 PM

May 2013
I actually enjoyed this anime C: ppl seem to be black and white about it, so either you love it or you hate it :3

ZnT gave me Death Note vibes, except obviously not as good as Death Note, hah.
Can't compete with a classic :P Anyways.

This anime had its flaws. Lisa didn't really progress too much. I wish she was bolder and had done more. I get why Nine is always harsh on her. She's always crying and shit lol. And she didn't give Twelve enough love/expressed it imo. How dare D:< lulz. Still ship em tho :3

Five came in with a bang (and left with a bang too, heh) but they didn't really delve into her all too much :/ Yeah, she's the villain and an excellent queen bitch type, but I wasn't sure what her motives were, exactly .-. why was she against Sphinx and why did she commit suicide in the end???? And why did Nine turn himself into the popo? It didn't really amount to much -.-

I have mixed feelings about the tragic ending, as I love my Sphinx boiz, obvs. And I'm glad all the kiddos are together now. The scenery at the end was beautiful and so was the part where Spinx was playing together with Lisa.

Despite the holes in this anime, I managed to enjoy it still and looked forward to the next eps C:

7/10
Jan 28, 2019 4:39 PM

Sep 2018
I really have expectation of this.. and the rating is high so I expect that it's really good, It really have a good potential and they end it in a rush!

I love the first part.. but it has so many question that it did not give an answer (I don't know if they explain it but I did not know) What the reason of their bombing ? they did not give backstory of Lisa, why her mom is like that.. why her father leave them, etc. The story of 9 and 12, they did not elaborate it.. The female lead (Lisa) is so annoying and useless! The shipping seems force, they hint romance but it's not needed in the story! Lisa makes the anime bad! and 9 and 12 died unexpectedly! anti-climatic! I really hate this part!!! Episode 1 it makes me high but the ending makes me lowwwwww! No explanation whatsoever.. I don't understand about the bombing at all!

please explain it to me .. I just don't understand it at all.. 4/10
erenmeiiJan 28, 2019 4:45 PM
Feb 24, 2019 12:32 PM

Aug 2014
That story didn't capture my hearth. Maybe in this time of my life I don't need a story like that, but i didn't like or dislike anything in this anime. There were some mistakes in the story, mostly how easy everything went on, OP and ED were.. they just were and thats all. Both girls were not needed as they didn't add anything to the anime in my eyes and were only to add more screen time ;/ But the story itself is ok, just ok.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 9, 2019 9:10 PM

Mar 2019
Decent show, was far from perfect though and I also feel that the middle of the series with fives involvement just dragged it down a bit. Music was great, enjoyed most of the characters. Story was alright as well. 7/10 for me.
Mar 12, 2019 10:30 AM
Jan 2017
what the great ending is this,,,
the truth is revealed but it paid by their live,,
good ending i think ,, its quite intereting anime
Mar 13, 2019 6:06 PM

Mar 2017
bang-bang said:
I want the time I spent watching this show given back to me.

yup. pretty much how I'm feeling at the end of this one.
Mar 24, 2019 9:08 PM
Aug 2017
I love the ending. The American intervention was completly out of expectation . I cried so much when I found out about the meaning of VON and when they said remeber us . I could understand how they grown up in an center where people will barely have friends when all they are trying to do is survive. They cold meals , had to get vaccine all the time . A less than 5 year's old life should not be like this.
Then in the outisde world they never had any friends or people that needed , wanted or understood them . So sad !!!!😭😭😭
Mar 25, 2019 1:34 PM
Jan 2016
spoodar said:
It left me bewildered about what exactly their main purpose of detonating buildings was. If they want to tell the world something then perhaps they could do it in a more convenient way. After all both Nine and Twelve are gifted individuals, so this in turn could allow them to easily enter politics, journalists, etc. The concept of detonating buildings is just absurd, abysmal, and really vacuous of them as gifted individuals. Their acuity is supposed to be of high-class, so why involve innocent people in this? For instance, think about how much tax it would cost to pay for that building, or what about the one who owns the building? It might serve him severe losses if by assumption the person was new. Just the thought itself would be appalling to me if I were to be in that position.

This show leaves a few unanswered questions, but I believe your questions were actually answered. Their goal was to catch as much of the world's attention and expose what had happened to them and the Athena plan and all those responsible for it. Which is the why they only targeted buildings owned by the people responsible for the Athena plan, I wouldn't consider these owners exactly innocent.
As for why they didn't become journalists or politicians, well for starters as you've seen there are many forces in the Japanese government and even in the US trying their best to cover up everything related to the plan, so being able to actually pull in a 100% legitimate way... well it won't be easy at the very least. It would at least take them a long time, and from what I understood as a side effect of the research done on them, they won't be living that long.
Mar 29, 2019 11:11 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
That was rather disappointing
dropped def to a 5

It has it few good moments and the idea was may good
but def nothing I would have watched if I knew how it was

Apr 21, 2019 10:57 AM

Nov 2010
What a tragic end, but I am glad there was a proper conclusion and their deaths wasn't in vain. I like bittersweet endings btw.

Anyway, I felt the anime was too short and rushed at the end. It could have been better if it was at least 25 episodes long especially with a story this grand.
May 16, 2019 5:25 AM

Jun 2009
This show really should have been longer. Fucking 11 episode anime...
Jul 11, 2019 8:28 AM

Apr 2017
It all feels so pointless in the end...

So they wanted to draw attention to the Athena Project...by bombing places and playing cat-and-mouse games with the police? It would've been interesting if each bombing revealed something about the Athena Project, but none did. Or am I missing something? How would the atomic bomb going off reveal anything about the Athena Project? Or were they banking on the press conference to tell everything, but they never did because it didn't happen?

Five was cartoonishly evil and one-dimensional, and her motivation was awful. What even was the point of the flashback scene of her laughing maniacally while Nine and Twelve were escaping? To show that she's crazy? We see enough of that already. Should've probably been more toned down or removed from the show entirely. There was already a conflict between the FBI, JP police and Sphinx, no need to bring her in as well (and she took away time that could've been spent developing Nine and Twelve).

Lisa...eh, I get why she's in the show, but again, wish she wasn't. It's good that she turned out to be just a random person in the end and not one of the children who were experimented on, or Shibazaki's daughter. However, she made so many mistakes (opening the door to the delivery guy, messing with their equipment, running off out of guilt and becoming bait) that she never was anything more than dead weight and a damsel in distress.

The soundtrack wasn't my cup of tea but there were a few tracks that sounded nice. Hated the ED. Animation was fine too; nothing spectacular but easy on the eyes.

I don't know, I think they had plenty to focus on just with the Japanese and American governments doing shady things, and the time wasted with Lisa and Five could've been spent on developing Nine and Twelve better, and maybe a conflict between them. Twelve going with Lisa made sense but still felt forced somehow. Feels like a poor man's Death Note.

4/10, wish I hadn't picked it up but trusted the high rating. Oh well.
Sep 3, 2019 1:21 PM
Jun 2016
This moved me emotionally...great series 8/10.
Sep 4, 2019 5:00 PM

Mar 2018
Had to rewatch it and i'd lie if i were to say that my eyes weren't bloodshot after it.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Oct 28, 2019 11:40 PM

Mar 2010
For me its 6/10, its kinda hard to give a better note when they forced five to be a "rival' for nine but she basically changed nothing in the story and lisa is one of the most useless characters of ALL time
BeYourselfOct 28, 2019 11:45 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2019 4:04 AM

May 2018
Great anime, the story was interesting all this terrorist thingy feels awesome, it remind me of Death Note. I really hope that they insert the orphanage part, it would be awesome and it would help the character in information. Overall I feel awesome watching this, the only thing that lacks is the character especially both 9 and 12 as well as 5 and the other kids, anyways this is a good one.

Jan 18, 2020 7:40 AM
Oct 2017
Not a massive fan but seeing 12 get shot at the end really hurt and brought back memories of seeing my own comrade get shot in the spine when I was younger.

Glad justice was served in the end. Gives me hope.
AngelWithGunzJan 18, 2020 7:43 AM
Jan 22, 2020 9:26 PM

May 2019
Great anime, some ppl complained the cliché in the second half, but compared to most productions, is really satisfying to see a well made work without plot holes and unsolved questions.

The ending with the meaning of VON was really nice.

But then, called my attention how the story was one of the most subservient japanese in face of americans ive never see before.

- Reinforced that japan is under control of America and have to be.
- The japanese bureaucrats planing secret portable atomic bombs in ridiculous unprotected instalations and failed superagents, to be independent of USA, are the bad guys and got exposed.
- The gringos with surprising OK accent (to japanese productions), with H-bombs, also anti-ethics experiments, killing inocent people in other countries, doing whatever they want, got legitimized.

This is not Terror in Resonance, but in Subservience.
Rob7Jan 22, 2020 9:32 PM
Mar 5, 2020 2:50 PM

Jun 2019
I liked the show overall, enough to give it a 7/10, but it went over what ended up being relatively simple concepts and characters arcs in a purposely convoluted manner, making some things still quite unclear after the show ended.

For example, I still don't really know what Five's true motives were. All she said is that she wanted Nine for herself. Did she mean she knew Nine was gonna turn himself in, and she didn't want that? We'll never know.

Shibazaki's story is no less vague.

Mar 31, 2020 6:28 PM
Nov 2016
Not a fan of the end of the series. Show was rock solid up until Five was introduced, and each episode was worse than the last thereafter. Completely unnecessary, uninteresting character that distracted from the rest of the cast, which would have been much better had they the room to grow. Probably give it a 7 or 8.
May 26, 2020 7:16 PM
Nov 2014
Yep! Felt some strong Death Note Lighht/L vibes at the beginning so I figured they'd have to die at the end. Very good for such a short anime.
Jun 5, 2020 8:14 AM

May 2018
the ending felt rushed to hell and back but it was a fun watch. 6/10 which is a high score for me
Jun 9, 2020 3:14 PM
Apr 2019
I liked the anime , it has a good plot and even though there wasn’t much character developments , it’s still a good show . I just didn’t like Lisa , she’s kinda of an airhead . The five thing was I guess something , not good not bad . The ending made sense (I cried when they got shot especially twelve )
(I can’t believe nine broke bro code and over WHO LISA REALLY)
Jun 20, 2020 12:50 AM
Jun 2020
People seem to agree that five and her motivations were dumb.I also think that they should have kept shibazaki as some sort of a villan/threat becuase he was more then capable to pose a threat to 9 and 12 while also being a good guy.Who knows maybe the anime didnt even need a villan.I really liked the anime but I feel like the ending was pushed for shock factor and didnt make a lot of sense but welp,cant really do much about it
bigfunnymememanJun 20, 2020 12:55 AM
Jul 2, 2020 12:05 AM

Feb 2020
It was pretty obvious from the 1st Episode that either nine or twelve will die in the end cuz of what they were doing......

What I didn't like in this Anime...........was FIVE.........just what was the purpose of showing her......I think it would have been much better without FIVE in the Anime....

Well....I really Enjoyed the Anime...... 9/10
Could have been a MASTERPIECE.......

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KuniiJan 30, 2021 5:57 PM
Jul 2, 2020 12:09 AM

Feb 2020
GD1551 said:

Z4k said:
Wait I'm confused. Can someone tell me what was the point of all they did?

To put it in simple terms, they did all that to get global attention, then expected to get caught and let the world hear their story.

+ they only destroyed the buildings related to that Research Facility I guess.....
Jul 12, 2020 4:43 AM

Jun 2017
This is a difficult show for me to rate, as it had some truly great aspects as well as some bad aspects. I loathed everything about 5 and hated the way they tried to paint her in a sympathetic light in the end, and was very glad that she died. I loathed the fact that 12 and 9 had died, as it felt so needless and just there to make the ending really sad (especially poor 12, my favorite, suddenly shot down like that...). I did however quite enjoy detective Shibazaki and his role, and am glad that he and Lisa survived. Overall, after some thinking, I think 8/10 is the most fitting rating for this show, as it was like a beautiful rose that had some painful thorns as well.
Aug 12, 2020 7:21 AM

Jun 2013
I decided to rewatch this during quarantine. The first time I saw it back in 2014-2015, I feel like I wasn't in the right headspace to fully enjoy it and understand its message due to personal issues.

Despite it, I still rated it a 7/10. Now I am changing it to a 9/10. I still remember the OST and watching it again, the animation, scenes plus the amazing soundtrack made me appreciate it more.

I cannot give it a perfect score because it still had its flaws, one of the biggest flaws was Lisa. To this day, I still cannot see the point to her character. If it was to "humanize" Nine and Twelve, they were already human and didn't need her. I also felt like the addition of Five was unnecessary. The best character in this entire series was Shibazaki. One of the best written characters in a show ever. Honestly, he carried the show although the other characters, except for Lisa, were already good.
臭い-
Aug 12, 2020 8:11 PM

Apr 2014
Bibimbapski said:
I decided to rewatch this during quarantine. The first time I saw it back in 2014-2015, I feel like I wasn't in the right headspace to fully enjoy it and understand its message due to personal issues.

Despite it, I still rated it a 7/10. Now I am changing it to a 9/10. I still remember the OST and watching it again, the animation, scenes plus the amazing soundtrack made me appreciate it more.

I cannot give it a perfect score because it still had its flaws, one of the biggest flaws was Lisa. To this day, I still cannot see the point to her character. If it was to "humanize" Nine and Twelve, they were already human and didn't need her. I also felt like the addition of Five was unnecessary. The best character in this entire series was Shibazaki. One of the best written characters in a show ever. Honestly, he carried the show although the other characters, except for Lisa, were already good.

Hey I rewatched it too and despite the flaws I still thought this was dope as hell show too.
I also have issues with Five but that's only because I feel the show didn't quite flesh her out enough. A flashback to her past from her point of view would have been nice.

Leave my girl Lisa alone though. She been through some shit herself so let her happily play ball with the boys man.
Aug 13, 2020 1:22 AM
Jun 2020
Very dissapointing and of course the puffy haired walking smiley face died in an infuriating emotional manner I mean they didn't clear up most of the after effects of their terrorism and did the Americans get punished? I feel like this series should have had at least 1 more episode just to show a little more background, character development and some motivation behind the
Other characters actions. This shit just left me feeling empty and unsatisfied just like when my sister caught me fapping to hentai when I was nine. But still giving it a 7/10.Started of pretty good but ended mediocrily.
Oct 8, 2020 11:51 PM

Jul 2019
great ending. twelve dying made no sense but sphinx achieved what they wanted to, life passes on from then on.
Oct 25, 2020 1:47 PM

Apr 2020
Ok, I've maraphoned through all eleven episodes in a single day, meaning the show was indeed goddamn enjoyable. Last episode was... Good. I kinda expected something more dramatic or mind-breaking, like "woah" but I got what I got and I'm happy enouth with that.

Watching both boys dying was grim. I don't liek the music they inserted when Twelve got shot though, some silence or soemthing with lyrics would work out better imho. Nine died from ear ringing, or got shot too. At first I thought he fainted. Graves made things clearer though. And Lisa... aaah, man I expected something more out of her character, I mean she is in the ending! ENDING! ENDING SONG BY AIMER!! But srsly, I'm a bit disappointed by how things ended up with her character.

Overall, still 10/10. With exception of Lisa and her lack of development, I couldn't find any faults worth mentioning.
[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Nov 1, 2020 10:59 AM

Oct 2015
Damn, what a bunch of nonsense this show was. Five did all that crazy shit including risking hundreds of people's lives just to get back at Twelve after losing to him at the orphanage? And then she kills herself anyway, because apparently she has some terminal illness induced by the orphanage's tests which is barely even mentioned, save for one vague line "They've never seen anything like your condition before."

Also I've no idea why the show went out of its way to say Sphinx caused no casualties and only collateral damage since their last nuclear attack and the electromagnetic pulse created by it likely caused the death of thousands if not tens of thousands of people needing immediate medical care or are on life support/ventilators which would be damaged.

And speaking of Sphinx, why in the world did they do this in the first place? In the last episode detective guy says they did so that the media wouldn't be able to ignore Athena Project, but this is one stupid and contrived way to do it and it doesn't even guarantee its success as the whole plan hinges upon an intelligent person to piece together the clues. How about, just fucking telling them directly? Testifying under court? Not cool enough apparently.

The last total fuck up was the US helicopter scene. If they really did want to cover US's involvement in the airport and subway incidents, then why are they only shooting Twelve and not also Nine immediately afterwards? Did they want to give Nine time to have his dramatic breakdown? For that matter, detective is aware of the true orchestrators of airport bombing as well, and they know he knows since he was the one who intervened. And the cherry on top is when Nine conveniently fucking dies of the same condition Five had, minutes after seeing his friend killed. Which I'll repeat is literally only vaguely mentioned once and it was referring to Five.

As for characters I'll say this. Lisa literally was only added to the story to be a liability for the other two since they were too OP. She did nothing, she was told nothing, and she understood nothing. That was so distasteful.

3/10
Nov 10, 2020 5:58 AM
Jul 2019
VON is what I get from this Anime, it's a great anime pal, really High of it.
Nov 16, 2020 4:37 PM
Oct 2019
Auron_ said:
Damn, what a bunch of nonsense this show was. Five did all that crazy shit including risking hundreds of people's lives just to get back at Twelve after losing to him at the orphanage? And then she kills herself anyway, because apparently she has some terminal illness induced by the orphanage's tests which is barely even mentioned, save for one vague line "They've never seen anything like your condition before."

Also I've no idea why the show went out of its way to say Sphinx caused no casualties and only collateral damage since their last nuclear attack and the electromagnetic pulse created by it likely caused the death of thousands if not tens of thousands of people needing immediate medical care or are on life support/ventilators which would be damaged.

And speaking of Sphinx, why in the world did they do this in the first place? In the last episode detective guy says they did so that the media wouldn't be able to ignore Athena Project, but this is one stupid and contrived way to do it and it doesn't even guarantee its success as the whole plan hinges upon an intelligent person to piece together the clues. How about, just fucking telling them directly? Testifying under court? Not cool enough apparently.

The last total fuck up was the US helicopter scene. If they really did want to cover US's involvement in the airport and subway incidents, then why are they only shooting Twelve and not also Nine immediately afterwards? Did they want to give Nine time to have his dramatic breakdown? For that matter, detective is aware of the true orchestrators of airport bombing as well, and they know he knows since he was the one who intervened. And the cherry on top is when Nine conveniently fucking dies of the same condition Five had, minutes after seeing his friend killed. Which I'll repeat is literally only vaguely mentioned once and it was referring to Five.

As for characters I'll say this. Lisa literally was only added to the story to be a liability for the other two since they were too OP. She did nothing, she was told nothing, and she understood nothing. That was so distasteful.

3/10
Couldn't agree with you more mate. I have no idea why this show gets so much praise. I was really looking forward to it, but man it was a dumpster fire.
Dec 21, 2020 4:08 AM
Mar 2019
People are pretty quick to forget Lisa inspired 12 to go back to 9 and help him again so Lisa wasn't completely useless. Overall, the story was really good. What I take away is that governments and powerful companies abuse their power, and leveling the playing field by cutting off all technology was a fun solution. We don't actually know if life returned to normal after just a year and we can hope the reset enabled corruption to be driven out by more empathetic people. 11 episodes was way too short and so much is left to our imagination. 8/10
Dec 28, 2020 9:36 PM

Jan 2019
loved the ost throughout. 5 was kinda retarded tho and I didn't really like anything after the actual nuke went off. just the part with them dying seemed really out of place ya know? and the very very last part a year later was stupid too. it was legit like
"Thank you"
"No problem"
"Von means hope"
"cool thanks bye"
END CREDITS

9/10 tho. its the first anime in a long time to make me want to continue watching and I'm a sucker for anything with good music
Dec 29, 2020 1:25 PM

Sep 2017
Typical of the united states to come and ruin everything - including this anime.
Dec 30, 2020 7:54 PM
Oct 2019
ProofByColor said:
Typical of the united states to come and ruin everything - including this anime.

But the Americans didn't ruin it. Lisa was wholly meaningless. Five was an awful, excessive caricature of a villain. The anime had its own un-American issues. Mind you, Japan was trying to develop human-genius-weapons and its own nuclear arsenal!

I liked the backstory. And I liked the show overall up until the airport bombing incident (that was kind of dumb). But I did LOVE the von explanation at the end.

6/10
Dec 31, 2020 8:14 PM
Apr 2020
Like a lot of people have said it started out incredibly good, mid way through Five kinda of ruined it, I felt her presence was unnecessary. The ending is gut wrenching, it was obvious it wouldn't be a happy ending, but it still gets you. Now Lisa is all alone again
Dec 31, 2020 11:56 PM
Apr 2020
Expected that kind of ending, I thought the series was a 8/10, it was extremely good at first but kinda fell off in the middle and picked back up. That being said, I think being terrorists and doing all of this was the dumbest way to accomplish their end goal
Jan 3, 2021 5:03 PM

Feb 2019
Easy 9/10.

Look, I think this definitely had the potential to be a 10. The animation was amazing, very high quality. And the art was beautiful.
The music could have been a tiny bit better (I've started to really pay attention to music after Attack on Titan).
But my biggest issue was with Five and "The Settlement" where the kids were raised. This is such a rip off of Death Note.

You know how everyone complains that Near is a rip off of L? Well Five is a rip off of Near. Even the blank jigsaw puzzle was taken from Death Note.

And come on... that ending... really? Why kill them when they were finally happy and Twelve and Lisa had fallen for each other? I guess it makes more sense than keeping them alive, but... I hate sad endings.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jan 7, 2021 2:56 AM
Oct 2019
I've watched more than 200 animes. I watched masterpieces like Clannad, One piece, FMAB.. i wished not to forget those legendary moments. But life's not like that, one day you have to forget.
But, what nine and twelve wants was to get some attention to those guys who were treated like trash. They knew there is von, yes there is hope, it doesn't matter whether the hope is small or big.
Such a great anime. Twelve, nine... dude.. you guys will remain in the pages of anime history. I will try my level best not to forget you.
Sayonara
Pages (18) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

417 by Harvestor »»
Sep 2, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

379 by Harvestor »»
Sep 2, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

349 by Ryshock »»
Aug 27, 1:01 PM

» Can i watch this with my dad?

sangonomiya_k - Jul 18

31 by anne146 »»
Aug 9, 7:51 AM

» Boring

egosumjkm - Aug 30, 2023

23 by Animefan13923 »»
Jul 28, 11:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.