Forum Settings
Forums

The Brexit (Update: UK votes in favour to leave EU)

New
Should Britain leave the European Union?
They should leave
40.2%
They should leave but won't
16.0%
They should stay
27.8%
They should stay but won't
16.0%
194 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (16) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »
Jun 26, 2016 6:50 AM

Apr 2014
They're not legit arguments though, despite the bad feelings it gives Scotland.

Yesterday people were fine saying how the majority of young people in England voted to remain. People voted leave and remain all over the UK, this is just hate caused because you don't like that more had a different opinion.

As for being threatend to be kept out of the EU I hope that's true and not just a concern Scotland had.

Kuromii said:
Instead of jumping ship we should have done something about the problem (all the countries should have).
The only way to do something about the EU is to leave them. You're welcome.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Jun 26, 2016 6:51 AM

Mar 2013
Kuromii said:
Newhopes said:

Go look at the EU if you think it's all smell like rose's LOL.

I have never once said nor implied that the EU is perfect. Instead of jumping ship we should have done something about the problem (all the countries should have).

If there was any chance of the EU been reformed I'd have voted remain, but there is zero chance of that happening.

Jun 26, 2016 7:00 AM

May 2010
Kuromii said:
Newhopes said:

Go look at the EU if you think it's all smell like rose's LOL.

I have never once said nor implied that the EU is perfect. Instead of jumping ship we should have done something about the problem (all the countries should have).

So let me get this straight.

By your account, the UK is full of stupid, xenophobic, and racist people. Those people in the UK should have done something in order to fix all of the EU. Not only that, but you want to get every other country within the EU to follow the UK's example.

How exactly were you going to do that? In what world does a country "follow the leader" in terms of anything other than a power that is already the leader?

What you're talking about isn't simply a political reform, but a mass power restructure in which the UK seizes a huge amount of power over a huge portion of the world. And you're saying that all of these countries should be doing that willingly.

The ONLY way you're going to get the EU to change is if the EU fixes its own self. And by all accounts here and elsewhere, it seems the general consensus on that little detail is that it's likely never going to happen.

If the goal here is to make everything better for all countries involved, then the UK did the right thing. Opt out, and let the EU die. Once the higher government power dies out (which no one seems to need), then all countries involved can move on and establish equal relations with each other. No one in this scenario has more power than the other, and so every country benefits (or at least isn't shafted).

In fact at this point if all countries involved wanted the same goal as you, they should also secede from the union, to further break the Union at a faster pace.

In what world do you live in that all the benefits of the EU can't be obtained without the EU? Other countries figured it out.
Jun 26, 2016 8:02 AM

Aug 2013
AnnoKano said:

Masked_Mantis said:
You can't actually critique the leave camp with any legit points here.

I already did. I took a direct quote from someone supporting leave, and used it to smash another direct quotation from someone else who supports leave, laying the intellectual smackdown on you.

Ha! ok lets do this.

For one thing Farage didn't make the referendum happen and is not the representative in any legal rights to the actual vote. He like most politicians simply sided with one half of the options of the referendum and began campaigning for the vote to side with that decision. He wasn't in any way an offical head of the referendum he was simply given that image by the people. Hes little more than a political activist on leave side of the vote and his opinions and words are in no way legally binding or representative of the leave voters or vote itself there are his views alone with no power behind them beyond what the public gives it.

Now the 2 million which turns out not to be 2 million because its under investigation now for false adding names onto the petition by online groups (lol)

Nearly 80,000 names have been struck off a petition calling for a second EU referendum after they were found to be fraudulent.

and they've only just started looking into the fake adds.

They do represent themselves, the common voter. over a million remain voters do represent themselves and have spat in the face of the democratic process. So you showing us one politician who sides with the leave vote saying he's ask for the same is not the same as showing 1 million remain voters signing a petition calling for a subversion of the democratic process.

Your comparison in an attempt to call leave voters undemocratic if it didn't go their way is a failure. All you had is one politician who sides with leave saying it, we have the reality of over a million actual remain voters showing their true salty colours.

but if you want to point out irony how about this quote from your link.

But the remain side is likely to accuse him of sour grapes and being a bad loser

Oh remain you chose salty. I recommend you look up danth's law before you declare your argument a smackdown next time.

SpooksJun 26, 2016 8:22 AM
Jun 26, 2016 8:28 AM
Oct 2014
http://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/ny-undersokning-efter-brexit-majoritet-ar-for-svenskt-medlemskap-i-eu

"A majority of Swedes are still in favour of EU membership"

"The older generation is more EU positive than the youth"

"Only 14% thinks that the EU is heading towards the right direction"

So, what will the media say when the Swedish youth is more eurosceptic than the old folks? "Omg our youth is racist"

Jun 26, 2016 8:46 AM

Jan 2013
Spooks said:
_Ghost_ said:

Wouldn't that be why the British voted to leave the EU though? You know, to not trail along behind the EU's shadow of regulations. As it will be the EU, and the US that will determine how TTIP works, and the UK having no say now as to how those regulations will work.

America will happily trade with UK probably better than when in EU. America doesn't give a shit if it deals with EU or individual nations. In fact I think they prefer to deal with individual nations. Either president has indicated they want strong ties with UK regardless of the blob that is the EU trying to claim all nations benefits as its own.

EU is literally this meme

UK: "We have great steel industry."
EU: "I have great steal industry."

Even if the UK would start trade talks now, it would take at least 5-10 years. The UK wouldn't get a better deal than they would have with the EU. I question if you know what the advantages and disadvantages of an internal market are, going by your statements you don't. Why should the US "prefer" vesting time in 5-10 year deal talks with one country, or by your statement 28 different countries. If they can do so with 27 in one go.

A 27 nation currency is more stable than that of one country. There's so much more I can list, but I'm not going to extensively explain basic economic knowledge .

In your depiction it should be:

Country A: "I made this."
Outside Country B: "I want this."
Wall EU: "If you want this, you'll have to go past me."

The EU is a wall, from a trading point. That makes trading within easier, and trading to/from the outside harder. This would become easier with TTIP.
Jun 26, 2016 8:52 AM

Aug 2013
_Ghost_ said:

Even if the UK would start trade talks now, it would take at least 5-10 years. The UK wouldn't get a better deal than they would have with the EU. I question if you know what the advantages and disadvantages of an internal market are, going by your statements you don't. Why should the US "prefer" vesting time in 5-10 year deal talks with one country, or by your statement 28 different countries. If they can do so with 27 in one go.

Actually.

Senate Finance Committee member Isakson added, "it might even be easier" than negotiating a broad agreement with the entire EU.

And that’s not an insignificant point.

As sprawling regional trade deals become increasingly toxic politically — EU-U.S. trade talks have faced strident opposition in Germany and Austria, for example, and the Trans-Pacific Partnership became a bogeyman during the U.S. presidential primaries — a trade deal with the U.K. could be relatively easy to negotiate and then sell to lawmakers and the public. The prize would be reducing tariffs and other regulatory barriers the U.K. would likely have as a holdover from EU policies.

At that point, if the president were so inclined, he or she would likely face an easier job convincing Congress to back a two-country agreement than a European-wide agreement, known as The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership or TTIP, which has already has drawn concerns from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and other key Republicans over the EU's stances on agriculture.

The struggles of the those talks make a hypothetical U.S.-U.K. deal seem like a cakewalk by comparison.

Beyond the comparatively inviting political landscape, it’s easier to negotiate a trade pact without having to navigate the political dynamics of, in TTIP's case, 27 additional countries. Trade experts also say that a two-way deal could encompass areas where the U.K. and the U.S. are more in sync than the rest of Europe, such as financial services and the recognition of professional credentials.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/brexit-us-britain-trade-deal-224776

Theres a reason people want out. Nobody is happy negotiating the complicated and un-neccessry political landscapes of trade agreements and restrictions having to deal with a conglomerate of EU nations under control from a bias and overly regulated EU leadership who do not budge on regulations which leave many external traders and internal ones unhappy.

I know I don't have to explain basic reasoning why the US would prefer to trade direct with UK. Or why an external none EU member gets just as many benefits from trade without being a part of the EU and the benefits of membership isn't worth the costs or restrictions of membership. Or that the story of UK's none survival as an external trader are nothing but fear mongering from remain considering all the none EU members trading fine.

SpooksJun 26, 2016 9:08 AM
Jun 26, 2016 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
I love all the "The poor and Elderly shouldn't have a vote as they are uneducated!!!"

Who exactly runs the banks that lead to these problems?

Oh right...I guess leaning isn't the same as wisedom afterall, and so many people here can't acceapt their way of thinking could be wrong.

Bit of a shit show that shows how classist and greedy some people are.
Jun 26, 2016 9:07 AM

Nov 2013
This describes UK.

Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Nec possum tecum vivere, nec sine te.
Jun 26, 2016 10:44 AM

Mar 2013
Lol the petition for a second referendum is been investigated for fraud.

Jun 26, 2016 11:48 AM

Sep 2009
Spooks said:

Ha! ok lets do this.

If you insist.

Spooks said:
For one thing Farage didn't make the referendum happen and is not the representative in any legal rights to the actual vote. He like most politicians simply sided with one half of the options of the referendum and began campaigning for the vote to side with that decision. He wasn't in any way an offical head of the referendum he was simply given that image by the people. Hes little more than a political activist on leave side of the vote and his opinions and words are in no way legally binding or representative of the leave voters or vote itself there are his views alone with no power behind them beyond what the public gives it.

None of this is relevant.

Spooks said:
Now the 2 million which turns out not to be 2 million because its under investigation now for false adding names onto the petition by online groups (lol)

It's over three million at this point. Even if there are false names added, it's still the most popular petition on that website I have ever come across.

Not that it matters because I have already said that I do not support a second referendum. No, I am protesting the referendum result by voting with my feet.

Spooks said:
They do represent themselves, the common voter. over a million remain voters do represent themselves and have spat in the face of the democratic process. So you showing us one politician who sides with the leave vote saying he's ask for the same is not the same as showing 1 million remain voters signing a petition calling for a subversion of the democratic process.

Indeed. He is the leader of a campaign and consequently more accountable than the actions of random groups of people.

Accusing them of being undemocratic isn't really fair either, since they are not asking for a different result, only that a more stringent requirement be applied: that turnout is above a certain % and that the vote is decisively in favour. These are conditions in other countries and so it's not unprecedented that people would ask for them: what is wrong is doing it retrospectively, thereby moving the goalposts. Though both camps are guilty of that.

Anyway, my point is that believing your side to be above this, I have just proven that is wrong.

Spooks said:
Your comparison in an attempt to call leave voters undemocratic if it didn't go their way is a failure. All you had is one politician who sides with leave saying it, we have the reality of over a million actual remain voters showing their true salty colours.

The leader of one of the campaigns. The most prominent leave campaigner of them all.

If anyone here is salty, it's you.

Spooks said:
Oh remain you chose salty. I recommend you look up danth's law before you declare your argument a smackdown next time.

It was a smackdown, and I have laid the smackdown on you too.
AnnoKanoJun 26, 2016 11:52 AM
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Jun 26, 2016 12:50 PM

Aug 2013
AnnoKano said:

Spooks said:

None of this is relevant.

Haha

AnnoKano said:

Indeed. He is the leader of a campaign and consequently more accountable than the actions of random groups of people.

40,000 keks under the sea.

Actually its a public vote, voters are accountable and as it stands one leave campaigner said he would ask for a referendum and 2 million actually voters have actually pushed for a second referendum. No comparison.

In your mind.

> One politicians opinion is applicable to the whole leave voters.

> 2 million registered remain voters opinions don't represent the remain voters.

Poor soul if you can't refute don't just reiterate the rhetoric you've already said.
SpooksJun 26, 2016 1:14 PM
Jun 26, 2016 1:05 PM

Jun 2015
RedArmyShogun said:
I love all the "The poor and Elderly shouldn't have a vote as they are uneducated!!!"

Who exactly runs the banks that lead to these problems?

Oh right...I guess leaning isn't the same as wisedom afterall, and so many people here can't acceapt their way of thinking could be wrong.

Bit of a shit show that shows how classist and greedy some people are.

Stupid to call them that, yes, but the referendum doesn't really have any negative effects on the elderly. If everything turns out fine, it's all good. And if this is a mistake and if the leave supporters have fucked up, the elderly probably won't be there to witness the chaos. win-win I guess.
Jun 26, 2016 2:27 PM

Sep 2009
Alright, I am done arguing about the conduct of the referendum for now and what I am curious about is what people think will happen next. We have left the European Union but it's obvious we will continue to have at least some link with it and I'm curious what form it is going to take.

I would imagine that the economists and most of the politicians in the Conservative party will be aiming for us to remain in the common market because that has the biggest benefits for trade. However, that is going to be very unpopular with the people who voted leave because they are concerned about immigration.

The idea that this is the general populace giving the establishment a bloody nose will be tested here. I do not know about everyone else but I do not think Boris Johnson or many people in the Conservative Party really care about curbing immigration enough to sacrifice economic prosperity. It's my view (and that of a few others seemingly) that Boris Johnson was using this referendum opportunistically to gauge public support. Unfortunately it has been too successful and he's now left with a mess to clean up that he'd rather not deal with.

Even if you supported leaving there can be no doubt this is going to be messy, and the person in charge is probably going to have to make some unpopular decisions.

There is also some talk of the Scottish or Northern Irish parliaments blocking legislation. Those of you who are following this for the salt, will have a lot to look forward to if that actually happens. I doubt it will but it's probably going to make a second indepence referendum even more decisive.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Jun 26, 2016 10:04 PM

Jan 2009
Luthandorius said:
And I read the Scottish parliament already gets a lot of stuff to decide by themselves. In Germany we have our federal states and they also can decide certain stuff by themselves.
Except that some of the Referendums like the Creation of the South-West State were made on Purpose to get a certain Result. Instead of having Baden decide as a whole federal State count as having one Voice, it was split up in Northern and Southern Baden and the Decision was made to create Baden-Württemberg if at least 3 out of 4 Voting Districts would vote in Favor. Northern Baden and both Württemberg States voted for, Southern Baden against it. If Baden had voted as a whole Country, it would have slightly decided against the Union with Württemberg.

Masked_Mantis said:
The remain voters were literally voting for the EU to make all their decisions, so they're either undemocratic by default, or uneducated on how the EU is set up and what they've done to countries who wanted to express their votes before. Noboru has tried to explain countless times that countries in the EU do have democracy, so there's misinformation out there to the remain side who think they'll be fine and have a say in how the EU could reform.
The EU doesn't make the Decisions about most Things, but gives Directives where it's up to the Member State how to implement a certain Goal.

I think the Leave Voters actually don't know anything about the EU at all. Especially those, who seem to seriously believe it would be controlled by Germany.

The EU Contracts being implemented after Re-Negotiations and a second Referendum is normal and democratic. What should they have done, then? Completely create a new Contract and have that one being pushed again, losing more Time?
Jun 27, 2016 2:33 AM
May 2009
Considering the Referendum is still a marginal win, 4% is barely anything, especially if 1/4 of the electorate didn't vote. Not exactly a majority either.

I reckon nothing will change for a long time, And I doubt anyone in their right mine right now, will invoke article 50 of the Lisbon treaty, despite what the EU Presidents wants.

In its current form markets and global market will be uncertain about the UK's plans, and uncertain about the other aspects that have also appeared after the vote.

Since DC has announced he is resigning, we can expect no changes to really take place or negotiations to take place till he leaves. Or atleast till the next general election.

I can only guess that plans are being drawn up to still be able to trade with the single market economy, and the negotiational points to keep it that way will be made, such as mutual agreements on migrant health treatment, and freedom of movement. Whilst trying to get the UK the right to not have to implement any EU Regulations or laws, and no more Financial Contributions to the EU.

So no change in the economic, but more in the legal scenario. Though again it will be hard to do so. Since right now I see nothing in the UK's Hands, since they are still tied to the EU till they either Finish the Negotiations for leaving. Or repeal the EU (Which will come with repercussions,)

On the side of the EU, We might see a bigger movement of Leave the EU support growing in other member states. And if their own domestic leave party grows and manages to call a referendum of their own.
Jun 27, 2016 3:29 AM

Mar 2013
4% is quite a large margin and the voter turn out was the highest in close to 30 years in fact the high turn out was probably one of the big reasons leave won.

Jun 27, 2016 4:00 AM

Dec 2011
Newhopes said:
4% is quite a large margin and the voter turn out was the highest in close to 30 years in fact the high turn out was probably one of the big reasons leave won.

Slightly under 3.8% is a very long way away from being a large margin. 60/40 is usually seen as the minimum to count as a clear margin in referenda, and is quite often used as the threshold for change to be made.

The Scottish independance referendum was seen as a relatively close result with a victory margin of 10.6%

Likewise 24 years is not "close to 30 years". (counting only national votes. The Scottish independence referendum had much higher turnout.)

It was a relatively high turnout, though, yes. And the margin is, as I have previously stated, big enough that the result is not in doubt.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 27, 2016 5:35 AM

Mar 2013
So what do you do, use EU style democracy keep voting until you get the result you want.

And BTW the EU banks are melting down just as I predicted.

Jun 27, 2016 6:06 AM

Jan 2009
First Bank (HSBC) is considering moving to Paris: http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36629745

3.7 Million Brits signed the Petition for a 2nd Referendum by now. Even if the Number after the Dot are fraudulent Votes, that's still quite a large Number.

Pound(s) keep falling

Newhopes said:
So what do you do, use EU style democracy keep voting until you get the result you want.
What's the Problem with new Negotiations?

People didn't like the Offers => Improvements were made => People were asked again => People accepted

Direct Democracy is not an One-Way Street or else, the UK should have never had this Referendum.
Jun 27, 2016 6:18 AM

Dec 2015
They should come to Frankfurt instead. ;)

Nice to see that. I hope a lot of companies are going to leave. I mean they don't need them. They are great and super and the best and the Leave voters probably don't care if 1 or to banks are moving to other countries.

And I don't think it is voting until you get the result you want. (And that isn't EU style that is "politician" style - all people and especially the politicians want to do it.)

The vote wasn't even binding. That is the problem. The 2 years period doesn't even start because the guys there don't have the balls to tell the EU they want to leave. Too bad there isn't a way to expel them. I would start a petition to my government to support that - if they don't do it themselves now.

Shitty politicians that don't have balls. I like the Scottish girl more. She isn't only talking. I bet if they voted for independence again she would do everything to progress the independence thing as fast as possible - should voters vote in favor of it.

Would have been better if at the end of the vote (when final results are clear) it automatically would have started the 2 years period for leaving. Instead of just starting the vote they should have made a low regarding this - that made that vote binding then.
Jun 27, 2016 6:33 AM

Mar 2013
Consider how criminal the banks are ya we probably will be better off in the long run.

EDIT:That quite interesting latest polls say the Scottish people are against a new independence referendum, I was expecting the opposite.
NewhopesJun 27, 2016 6:40 AM

Jun 27, 2016 6:57 AM

Jun 2014
So the UK will enter into a recession and the pound will tank. Seems like a good time to do some tourism over there (things are too expensive in London which is why I haven't yet).
Jun 27, 2016 6:59 AM

Nov 2012
Newhopes said:
Consider how criminal the banks are ya we probably will be better off in the long run.

EDIT:That quite interesting latest polls say the Scottish people are against a new independence referendum, I was expecting the opposite.

That's interesting got a linky?

Jun 27, 2016 7:01 AM
Oct 2014
Agafin said:
So the UK will enter into a recession and the pound will tank. Seems like a good time to do some tourism over there (things are too expensive in London which is why I haven't yet).

I've actually heard people say similar over here. Ironically, they may benefit from this with more tourism.

Jun 27, 2016 7:09 AM

Dec 2015
I found a few news regarding polls on Scottish independence. Seems they would favor independence - if there was a new referendum. But they don't want a new referendum. Maybe they are like "leave me alone with all those f*cking referendums" now ha ha.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-scotland-poll-idUSKCN0ZC14G
The poll of 1,002 people, conducted for the Daily Record and Daily Mirror on June 25, also showed that despite not favoring holding another referendum, if one were to be held immediately Scots would back a breakaway from the rest of Britain. Survation said 47 percent were in favor and 41.2 percent against.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/poll-shows-majority-support-for-scottish-independence-after-brexit-1-4163699
Jun 27, 2016 7:13 AM

Mar 2013
Orevataf said:
Newhopes said:

[url=www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-scotland-poll-idUSKCN0ZC14G?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=577097de04d3010f44fb896e&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter[/url]

Jun 27, 2016 7:20 AM

Dec 2011
Regarding my last post - I wasn't saying anything of the sort. I was just pointing out errors in your claims.

Newhopes said:
Orevataf said:

[url=www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-scotland-poll-idUSKCN0ZC14G?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=577097de04d3010f44fb896e&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter[/url]

But at the same time and from the same survey:
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/747183565134266368

So no to a new referendum but yes to independence if it happens.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 27, 2016 7:46 AM

Mar 2013
Jun 27, 2016 7:56 AM

Dec 2011
Paper owned by big UKIP donor posts yet another bullshit story aimed at making its rapidly declining readerbase hate Europe even more. What a surprise.

Oh, and by the way if you're just posting a link you use
[url]
not [url=
Jun 27, 2016 8:00 AM

Mar 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
Paper owned by big UKIP donor posts yet another bullshit story aimed at making its rapidly declining readerbase hate Europe even more. What a surprise.

Oh, and by the way if you're just posting a link you use
[url]
not [url=

The superstate leak comes from a Polish source who obtained some leaked EU official documents.

And [url] does the same as [url= for some reason.

Jun 27, 2016 8:02 AM

Dec 2015
Rofl. The comments there are fun:
I'm worried about Germany. All the immigrants they let in recently are mainly males and under 30. They'd be ideal for a new German army to invade and conquer other countries thus expanding their empire.
I beg all our politicians for God's sake DON'T sign any treaties with any other countries guaranteeing help if they get invaded by the Germans.Look what happened in 1939 and if you don't learn from history you'll make the same mistakes again.

News seems like fake or extremely exaggerated. Didn't find a German news about this yet. Would be suicide for the government coalition parties here with new elections next year already and EU critical right winged AfD party already 10-14 percents in surveys.

And the highest court probably would have a say in this. Especially if it is about criminal laws a lot of people would not like it - I am sure. (Oh well if we could force others to adopt the German criminal laws it would be still okay for me ha ha.)
Jun 27, 2016 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
Noboru said:
The EU doesn't make the Decisions about most Things, but gives Directives where it's up to the Member State how to implement a certain Goal.
Of course it does, whatever is passed must be funded and met.

It's set up to be a facade of democracy, in reality it doesn't work out that way.

Luthandorius said:
Shitty politicians that don't have balls. I like the Scottish girl more. She isn't only talking.
That's Nicola Sturgeon of the SNP (Scottish national party).

But she is all talk lol, the EU won't take her and she has no power.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Jun 27, 2016 10:49 AM

Jan 2009
Newhopes said:
The superstate leak comes from a Polish source who obtained some leaked EU official documents.
Where are those leaked Documents?

Masked_Mantis said:
Noboru said:
Of course it does, whatever is passed must be funded and met.

It's set up to be a facade of democracy, in reality it doesn't work out that way.
Like what for Example?

Don't make the Mistake and equalize "Democracy" only with Direct Democracy. In a Representative Democracy, it's completely normal that eligible People of all National States in the EU can elect the Party, they want to, who would choose their Frontrunner as Commission President. It's just an additional Layer, just like having a National State won't mean there's no need for a Regional or Local Parliament.
Jun 27, 2016 11:28 AM
Jun 2016
TheConquerer said:
Noboru said:
Northern Ireland might unite with the Republic of Ireland.

lemme just stop you right there, thats never ever gonna happen

Ot; Uk really need to stay because Ireland is one of their biggest exports and noone likes pay
ing taxes on exports and imports. Its a financial nightmare.

A united Ireland can become a reality through a Border Poll
Jun 27, 2016 11:41 AM

Jun 2008
Now that the Pound is free falling....this could be a good time to finally go to London (I've always wanted to go).

Suddenly, my American dollars don't seem so bad anymore!
Jun 27, 2016 11:49 AM
Jan 2015
Very sad they left. It's time for me to learn German I am studying German Beginners 2.
Jun 27, 2016 12:33 PM

May 2014
renegadmaster said:
TheConquerer said:

lemme just stop you right there, thats never ever gonna happen

Ot; Uk really need to stay because Ireland is one of their biggest exports and noone likes pay
ing taxes on exports and imports. Its a financial nightmare.

A united Ireland can become a reality through a Border Poll

You mean a referendum? Even if that was the case, it's unlikely the government at Stormont would allow that since they really don't like the Republic.
I've been here way too long...
Jun 27, 2016 12:35 PM

Dec 2015
Biggest problem in the EU is that smaller countires have more weight per population. But if it weren't like that they would have no impact and bigger countries could just dictate while the smaller countries hat no say in politics.

On the other hand then it is a problem cause bigger countries feel that the smaller countries might have too much weight with their votes (if a lot of smaller countries combined their votes).

Afaik Council it is 1 vote per country and the amound of Members of Parliamant in the European Parliamant is different for each country. Not proportional to population but smaller countries get more Members per population.

EU might need to change into something like the German federal system where in the 1st chamber the Members of Parliament would be less than nowfor the smaller countries. But they still would have impact with the 2nd chamber where they had higher powers (like Council now ... but not 1 vote ... bigger countries stil have a higher weight but the difference in weight would be smaller than in Parliament).

But that might be complicated. Would probably require for the 1st chamber (Parliament) that we had overall European political parties instead of national parties (that just form groups with other elected members of similar parties from other countries at the Parliament).

---

But it is still democracy. UK decided to join at some point (they weren't forced). And they decided to leave now and are free to leave. No one is forcing them to stay. (In fact we are looking forward to them invoking Article 50 - sending a "divorce letter" ... but seems they are not that eager to do so yet ha ha.)
Jun 27, 2016 4:58 PM

Aug 2013
Who knows whats going to happen now, if its going to be real or not but even the chance is a worry

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit

The public broadcaster reports that the bombshell proposal will be presented to a meeting of the Visegrad group of countries - made up of Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia - by German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier later today.

Excerpts of the nine-page report were published today as the leaders of Germany, France and Italy met in Berlin for Brexit crisis talks.

Under the radical proposals EU countries will lose the right to have their own army, criminal law, taxation system or central bank, with all those powers being transferred to Brussels.

Once again Britain leads against fascism.
SpooksJun 27, 2016 5:32 PM
Jun 27, 2016 5:09 PM
Oct 2014
Spooks said:
Who knows whats going to happen now, if its going to be real or not but even the chance is a worry

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit

I don't know about that article, but that has been their plan ever since. Flag, anthem, currency, court, parliament, commision, bank and soon there will be an army. This whole European integration process, you don't do that without a superstate back in in your mind. Also, the common people have more power in sovereign nation states when the power is decentralised, and when a country is somewhat homogenous it is stable, which annoys the elite.

Time to get British citizenship it seems.

Jun 27, 2016 5:26 PM

Feb 2012
I don't recall swearing allegiance to the Empire. There's certainly going to be some separist movements. It's going to be whites killing whites. A brilliant future indeed.
Jun 27, 2016 6:10 PM

Mar 2013
Looks like the frist domino in the EU due to the Brexit is about to fall, Italy looking to bail out out it's banks to the Sum of $44 billion.

Also some rumors the ECB pumped $400 billion into the Euro zone banks to prop them up.
NewhopesJun 27, 2016 6:20 PM

Jun 27, 2016 6:30 PM
Oct 2014
Yudina said:
This is what happens when journalism chooses hyperbole and obfuscation over real news and reporting. The article that's being cited here is distorting the contents of the document and exaggerating the claims that it's making. I highly recommend people do proper research before succumbing to unwarranted fears spread by a very obviously slanted and poorly written article.

I've been sceptic to that article myself, but the idea of a federal Europe is real. Just a couple of years a go a study showed that most people down on the continent is in favour of a United States of Europe. The exceptions were Ireland and the UK, the Netherlands, the Nordic countries and some countries in Central Europe.

Now when the UK wants to quit, it will mean that those federal supporters are much stronger.

Jun 27, 2016 6:41 PM

Oct 2014

Please leave already.

Rarusu_ said:

I've been sceptic to that article myself, but the idea of a federal Europe is real.

So real, it will happen with Turkey joining the EU - in 3000 years.
Jun 27, 2016 7:35 PM

Jan 2013
Spooks said:

Well lets see what the French right has to say about that, and a good part of Europe I have a feeling won't care to be under Franco-German Rule.

It seems Austria and Hungary are already pondering leaving given this, and Poland as well after the two Empires were talking about "spreading" the "migrants" around. No one wants them in their territory. Heaven knows why./sarc
Jun 27, 2016 8:53 PM

May 2010
Spooks said:

The public broadcaster reports that the bombshell proposal will be presented to a meeting of the Visegrad group of countries - made up of Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia - by German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier later today.

Excerpts of the nine-page report were published today as the leaders of Germany, France and Italy met in Berlin for Brexit crisis talks.

Under the radical proposals EU countries will lose the right to have their own army, criminal law, taxation system or central bank, with all those powers being transferred to Brussels.

Holy shit what.

This is a leak right? We don't necessarily know 100% this is going to go down. This is huge, and bad.
Jun 27, 2016 8:55 PM

Jun 2008
Not sure what's going on in UK....but goddamn, it looks like quite the shit show...

And now that England is out of Euros.....there's nothing to talk about BUT Brexit...

Welp, you guys voted for this, now you gotta live with it, good luck.
Jun 27, 2016 9:01 PM

Aug 2013
Thrashinuva said:

Holy shit what.

This is a leak right? We don't necessarily know 100% this is going to go down. This is huge, and bad.

I don't know seems more news are picking up the story now and I remember our PM talking about the Euro superstate possibility back in February when the referendum was still up coming. I'd heard about the assimilation into the joint EU armed forces. In fact thats what pushed me to vote out but I didn't know it was part of a larger plan to assimilate and consolidate all power in the region entirely to the EU. Now with Britain leaving and others starting to make the calls themselves it might be all or bust on the EU superstate. They might basically push it through now to stop others leaving and because they have no choice, EU is dying and they know it. This is the ditch attempt to keep power in Brussles.
Jun 27, 2016 10:12 PM

Jan 2009
I wouldn't trust any Source that is too ideologically tilted into one Direction and doesn't link their own Source. So far, I only read out that they should work "towards a more integrated approach for EU internal security" while "fully respecting national prerogatives".

Here's the Original Source: http://www.tvp.info/25939587/europejskie-superpanstwo-zobacz-oryginalny-dokument

Oh and the UK has lost its last AAA Rating from Standard & Poors. So much for without the Euro, you can reach financial Stability.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (16) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.