Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 28, 2017 7:54 AM
Jul 2015
20Ani17Analyzer said:
blfan said:
The only characters that are playing a big role here in Akko's development and the main plot in general, are Ursula and Diana, and I guess to a lesser extent Andrew (at least with Akko's development). You know who is not? Sucy and Lotte, come on girls step up your game.

I know they have their own goals, and they really not interesting in this main plot about opening the 7 gates, Sucy is more interesting in just messing with Akko, and Lotte has her family business. At the very least they could be more supportive. I can't believe I am saying this, I am going to defend Hannah and Barbara, god help me (though the dark hair one is cute, I hope she gets redemption) at least they are supportive and encouraging to their friend granted probably they have their own motives to get on easy street mooching off of her, still Sucy and Lotte can they believe in Akko and instead of just thinking she is going to fail, they remind me of the Inner Senshi in the 90's anime of Sailor Moon, always putting their friend down.

Also when Akko's team was announced as the sacrifice, all the students laughed, you know who was one of them laughing the loudest, Amanda. Gee with friends like her and Sucy, who needs enemies, Amanda she made some progress in the series and here takes a couple of steps back, us americans we do find humor in the misfortune of others, thanks for making us look Amanda.

Anyway I think until proven other wise, Akko, Ursula, and Diana, they are the real three main characters as they involved with the main story and doing important stuff. Sucy and Lotte they are the main characters in filler.

Surprisingly, having Lotte and Sucy stayed in the sidelines actually improved on their friendship with Akko. We have to look at how the origins of their friendships began.

If the manga is anything go by, the original manga, although they are quick to accept Akko's blunder but eventually if the OVA is in sync with the manga, that will take a toll. As for the Anime, Akko's friendship gotten better due to various factors such as the Anabel Creme incident, Fountain of Polaris incident and the Mushroom dream incident.

The suffering Akko endured allowed her to feel compassion for others or at least strengthen her compassion for others and with Ursula guiding her, Akko wouldn't make the same pitfalls like her counterpart in the Enchanted Parade. Before the lottery, Akko was shown hesitance as she didn't want to get herself and her friends into deeper sorrow.

The overall theme of the episode is stepping into one's shoes and that was having Akko to be in Diana's shoes. She understood but Sucy and Lotte didn't had that development.

It's less about Sucy and Lotte didn't believe in Akko but more afraid that if Akko became Mid Lit Witch, she might become like Diana. From their own perspective as shown by Sucy, to them Diana is a spoilt rich girl who has been bullying Akko since she stepped in the school and they were concerned in protecting Akko from getting hurt. However, it was bad timing that they slipped out that Diana was a better witch.

Although I have to point this out that even though Diana was right to call out Akko's ability to give up when things didn't go her way but Akko also has the right to point out how awful her and her friends' role were and she wanted to change it. From my point of view, you are sending three young girls to be eaten by a giant spirit and while the spirit is harmless, it's very dangerous. Also, it looks to me that spirit has been abused to the point its akin to animal cruelty. Traditions are fine but what happens if tradition is related to cannibalism or actual sacrifice. Diana had that power but she let it happened. She's no better than the other Witches.

@bolded
You could only say that pre-episode 6 about Akko. Diana wasn't right to call anything out on Akko, because she doesn't know that Akko's changed in this regard. Does she know that Akko gets up in the early mornings to practice with Ursula or the special lessons in the afternoon after classes? No, she doesn't; she couldn't possible know because she's not watching her. The only reason Akko missed that meeting was because of something she had no control over, being Woodward casting that spell on her. It was a string of coincidences that things ended up like that, but Diana still has her preconceived notions of Akko, and just found out that Akko has the thing she needs to revive magic, so there was definitely some intended hostility in her words.
Mar 28, 2017 8:08 AM
Sep 2012
AoiHonoo said:

@bolded
You could only say that pre-episode 6 about Akko. Diana wasn't right to call anything out on Akko, because she doesn't know that Akko's changed in this regard. Does she know that Akko gets up in the early mornings to practice with Ursula or the special lessons in the afternoon after classes? No, she doesn't; she couldn't possible know because she's not watching her. The only reason Akko missed that meeting was because of something she had no control over, being Woodward casting that spell on her. It was a string of coincidences that things ended up like that, but Diana still has her preconceived notions of Akko, and just found out that Akko has the thing she needs to revive magic, so there was definitely some intended hostility in her words.

Yeah but the same time like you said she don't know that, so from her perspective it is the right assumption, just like Sucy and Lotte to think Diana is a bully, you can't blame people for not knowing stuff we know. Akko will show everyone she is not the same Akko in the next episode and get her props at least from open minded people.
Mar 28, 2017 2:13 PM

Jul 2009
We were able to see more of Diana, even if Akko turned into her...
Mar 28, 2017 2:32 PM

Sep 2015
I think something a lot of viewers had a hard time reconciling with the first half of this series is the cringe element. I get it, not to seem dismissive but I had a huge problem with that as a child. For instance two old Spongebob I couldn't stand as a kid were "Anchor Arms" and "Hooky." Arguably two of the most moralizing 15 minutes of the cartoon. Both are built around Spongebob doing something he and we the audience knows he shouldn't. The lies build and build until his inevitable comeuppance, a rare occurrence with the character.

Similarly I didn't like the classic Bob Clampett Bugs Bunny shorts "Tortoise Wins by a Hare" and "Falling Hare." They're the rare shorts where Bugs is on the receiving end of another grinning prankster. And much of the humor is how losing to them drives him crazy. And as he spirals more and more out of control he makes a bigger and bigger ass of himself. I liked Spongebob and Bugs Bunny a lot as a kid. So I distinctly remember the unpleasant feeling I got from all of these examples.

As I've gotten older I've grown to really appreciate cringe humor. And it's something that at its best Little Witch Academia is very good at. Akko is not a perfect cute little mary sue who's done nothing wrong. As plenty of people in this forum have pointed out, she's far more often a selfish force of destruction. Her actions constantly endangers her friends and those around her. And she has little tirades that are best watched through your fingers. But at its best that's what makes Little Witch Academia stand out to me. It's what makes Akko relatable and compelling. Watching her behave in selfish ways we recognize and understand and then struggling to right the situation. And there are consequences. Sure she's not rotting in wizard prison, and more often than not it's simply embarrassment or menial labor as punishment. But she almost never gets off scot free.

What this long winded post is building towards is this was an episode where the cringe didn't work for me. Not Akko's embarrassing declaration she's going to be the Moonlit Witch. That was pretty standard Akko and I liked the lesson she learned. That to be like Chariot, she can't try so hard to be Chariot. It has to come from a more pure and less ambitious place. Also on the subject the festival thing sounds very similar to the Magical Parade second OVA. And I'm excited to see it pay off next episode.

I mean the whole extended segment where Akko became Diane. It basically played out like a half assed idea somewhere between the Mirror of Erised and the Polyjuice Potion. But this show is not terribly plot driven so I can forgive that. And I also liked that she's learned now to respect and empathize with Diane. That's serious character progress. But I really didn't enjoy the cringe elements with Akko wandering around as Diane. Just waiting for the spell or whatever to end at the most embarrassing inopportune time. It bothered me because for once what happened was 100% not Akko's fault. So the comeuppance was just there to be uncomfortable, not in service of a larger point. At least Diane immediately understood what happened and took it pretty well. But that just made the whole thing feel even more roundabout and pointless. I didn't hate this episode. But I had a lot of small problems with it. And it was one of the episodes I've enjoyed the least.
Mar 28, 2017 5:23 PM
Sep 2012
Who is going to be the Moonlight Witch, I am going to put odds here. Going to use 3 outcomes, Akko, Diana, the field tell me if you agree with my odds. Correct if I get the odds oppose to the percentage I am trying to put here.

Diana 1-1 (50%)

Akko 3-2 (40%)

The field 9-1 (10%)

Of course you want to break down the field, you get some long and fun odds. I think Hannah or Barbara are the longest of long shots.

Also anyone agree with me Andrew and Frank will be at the festival, I think Andrew with follow on his new curiosity of magic, and of course Frank will be there to support Lotte and gain some points with her.
blfanMar 28, 2017 5:27 PM
Mar 28, 2017 5:41 PM
Feb 2017
blfan said:
Who is going to be the Moonlight Witch, I am going to put odds here. Going to use 3 outcomes, Akko, Diana, the field tell me if you agree with my odds. Correct if I get the odds oppose to the percentage I am trying to put here.

Diana 1-1 (50%)

Akko 3-2 (40%)

The field 9-1 (10%)

Of course you want to break down the field, you get some long and fun odds. I think Hannah or Barbara are the longest of long shots.

Also anyone agree with me Andrew and Frank will be at the festival, I think Andrew with follow on his new curiosity of magic, and of course Frank will be there to support Lotte and gain some points with her.

My best bet although Diana won the title of Moonlight Witch. Many representatives praised Akko for rising above standards and forced the school to make changes to accommodate norms like Akko.
Mar 28, 2017 8:09 PM

Aug 2012
-Uh, why does the early morning lesson look so weird
-Hey there's the Samhain Festival that appeared in the ED of the last episode
-more dramatic irony, and it seems like the legends of chariot weren't exactly true
-This is probably the last time Shiny Ray's gonna be the OP, but it seems like the next one will also be by Yurika, and it sounded pretty magical from the PV
-wait isn't the festival just muggle halloween
-the bachoalawy story was 👌
-yo lotte's communication ball has access to wikipedia
-I actually forgot all about the contrast in Diana's and Akko's backgrounds until all of this festival preparation
-the spirit of prof woodward lives on in the prankster mirror, apparently
-at least akko's having fun with this
-yo is it finally gonna happen
-nope ursula didn't make the big reveal to akko
-The soundtrack during the Fountain of Polaris sequence was pretty great, and there is a huge difference in what Akko asked it in episode 6 and what she asked it this time. Back in episode 6 she had pretty much no direction whatsoever, but with the initial guidance by Chariot, the fountain actually guides her in the direction she probably needs to go.
-poor hanna-barbera

And this episode is a glorious return to shenanigans featuring Akko being Akko. The differences in the backgrounds and work ethics of Diana and Akko are played up to 11 in this episode, setting up the stage for the selection of the Moonlit Witch pretty effectively. It's kinda interesting how they have pretty much the same interests in mind, trying to respark the renaissance of magic, but they're going about it in different ways. I think that this type of rival dynamic really sets this show apart from some of the other things I've seen where the rival exists solely to shit on the MC. Pretty much nothing new was revealed with Diana this episode, but Akko finally gets a direction to start tripping over herself toward with the revisited Fountain of Polaris. Speaking of which, that scene had pretty phenomenal music to accompany with it, and the soundtrack is definitely one of this show's strong points.

This episode mixed progression pretty seamlessly with hijinks as Akko pretended to be Diana and experienced firsthand why Diana's approach to things isn't compatible with her, even before going to the Fountain of Polaris.
Mar 28, 2017 8:37 PM
Sep 2012
Now that Akko got a little of understanding about Diana and where she comes from and has to deal with, I want to see what happens the next time someone and I guess that would be Amanda she is the only one of Akko's friends that I could imagine doing that, anyone else would be completely out of character, takes a shot at Diana and see how Akko reaction.

Only a couple episodes earlier Akko's opinion was nasty personality, I wonder what she now, if that opinion at least she understands why she has a nasty personality.
Mar 28, 2017 9:47 PM
Feb 2017
Having viewed the episode, I felt an urge to point out what is the overall issue regarding the world of Little Witch Academia.

Diana may spout her complaints on Akko but its clear why the Shiny Rod won't ever pick someone like her. Diana's a control freak. Akko isn't the problem behind Luna Nova's decline in magic. It's the Witches themselves.

Eventhough they have these vast gifts on their disposal, there is still Witch Hunts. Why is that? The Witches controlled the lives of others. It may have been peaceful for a while until the Witches overstepped their boundaries and abused their magic until one day, some near apocalyptic event occurred. The subjects revolted and desired to have Witches hunted for their crimes. Whatever happened, it gotten so bad that the Nine Witches had to seal the very source of magic in order to prevent the world from absolute destruction.

While there had been a Golden Age of Witches, the Witches are slipping back to the old ways that lead and will once again arise, the Witch Hunts. Diana isn't a witch but a puppet ran by the outdated or extreme laws and traditions. Diana may be the 'perfect' witch but she isn't the future of magic wielders.

Why the Shiny Rod picked Akko? She's a blank slate. She might be selfish but is able to change. What about Diana?
Mar 28, 2017 10:44 PM

Jul 2015
20 minutes a week is way too short. I don't like "half episodes" but i hope it'll be worth it.
Mar 28, 2017 11:32 PM
Oct 2012
AoiHonoo said:
Diana wasn't right to call anything out on Akko, because she doesn't know that Akko's changed in this regard.

20Ani17Analyzer said:
Diana may spout her complaints on Akko but its clear why the Shiny Rod won't ever pick someone like her. Diana's a control freak. Akko isn't the problem behind Luna Nova's decline in magic. It's the Witches themselves.

Diana had every right to call Akko out for her actions. From Diana's perspective Akko stole her form, used it to trick her friends, and tried to make her look like a fool. What Diana said was perfectly correct. Akko, to her credit, understood this, which is why she couldn't respond to Diana. She had been petty.

Diana is not a "control" freak. Diana is just taking a different path towards the same goal. Remember that it was Diana who saved the school from Fanfir. What this episode shows is that everyone relies on Diana too much. Teachers, fellow students, pretty much the entire world demands her time and assistance because she is brilliant, and Diana is always there ready to help. This is why Akko is no longer jealous of Diana, but actually respects her. As for effort, just look at the number of books in Diana's room, who can say that she isn't working just as hard as Akko in her own way.

As for the rod, in choosing Akko, don't think this insults Diana. She will be key to helping Akko become the new Chariot. Akko has faith, but faith needs to be coupled with wisdom, and that is what Diana brings to the table.
Mar 28, 2017 11:42 PM
Feb 2017
Diana had every right to call Akko out for her actions. From Diana's perspective Akko stole her form, used it to trick her friends, and tried to make her look like a fool. What Diana said was perfectly correct. Akko, to her credit, understood this, which is why she couldn't respond to Diana. She had been petty.

Diana is not a "control" freak. Diana is just taking a different path towards the same goal. Remember that it was Diana who saved the school from Fanfir. What this episode shows is that everyone relies on Diana too much. Teachers, fellow students, pretty much the entire world demands her time and assistance because she is brilliant, and Diana is always there ready to help. This is why Akko is no longer jealous of Diana, but actually respects her. As for effort, just look at the number of books in Diana's room, who can say that she isn't working just as hard as Akko in her own way.

As for the rod, in choosing Akko, don't think this insults Diana. She will be key to helping Akko become the new Chariot. Akko has faith, but faith needs to be coupled with wisdom, and that is what Diana brings to the table.

While Akko complains a lot, there are things that she must fight back. The teachers have something against her; placing her in an exam she couldn't possibly accomplish and set her up to be the sacrifice for a ghost who looks outright abused.

Saved the school from Fafnir but wouldn't expect him having bad blood. Both parties did right. Diana saved the school from getting conned but Akko persuaded the dragon to have more faith.

Only Ursula and those whoever had faith showed Akko the way. All Diana just did was break down the communication barriers.
Mar 29, 2017 5:03 AM
Feb 2017
Surprisingly, having Lotte and Sucy stayed in the sidelines actually improved on their friendship with Akko. We have to look at how the origins of their friendships began.

If the manga is anything go by, the original manga, although they are quick to accept Akko's blunder but eventually if the OVA is in sync with the manga, that will take a toll. As for the Anime, Akko's friendship gotten better due to various factors such as the Anabel Creme incident, Fountain of Polaris incident and the Mushroom dream incident.

The suffering Akko endured allowed her to feel compassion for others or at least strengthen her compassion for others and with Ursula guiding her, Akko wouldn't make the same pitfalls like her counterpart in the Enchanted Parade. Before the lottery, Akko was shown hesitance as she didn't want to get herself and her friends into deeper sorrow.

The overall theme of the episode is stepping into one's shoes and that was having Akko to be in Diana's shoes. She understood but Sucy and Lotte didn't had that development.

It's less about Sucy and Lotte didn't believe in Akko but more afraid that if Akko became Mid Lit Witch, she might become like Diana. From their own perspective as shown by Sucy, to them Diana is a spoilt rich girl who has been bullying Akko since she stepped in the school and they were concerned in protecting Akko from getting hurt. However, it was bad timing that they slipped out that Diana was a better witch.

Although I have to point this out that even though Diana was right to call out Akko's ability to give up when things didn't go her way but Akko also has the right to point out how awful her and her friends' role were and she wanted to change it. From my point of view, you are sending three young girls to be eaten by a giant spirit and while the spirit is harmless, it's very dangerous. Also, it looks to me that spirit has been abused to the point its akin to animal cruelty. Traditions are fine but what happens if tradition is related to cannibalism or actual sacrifice. Diana had that power but she let it happened. She's no better than the other Witches.

I just thought I would continue on this particular quote, expand and elaborate so that you would notice the changes that occurred.

As I stated before, Akko's friendship with her roommates has went through a lot of trials and errors. However, I could tell that there are subtle differences in events which has lead to different outcomes.

For instance, we looked at the OVA Little Witch Academia. Akko's friendship with Lotte and Sucy started off great but eventually, the latters would get tired of the antics that Akko caused and left her to her own devices. We have to see what was the origin of their friendship. In my head, the origin was the first manga.

Akko started there and met Lotte who in turn introduce her to Sucy. It's all happy and nice and all that but there is one thing that ultimately lead to the fall out. Sucy and Lotte are able to easily forgive the mishap which Akko apologized for. Due to their inability to restrain their friend, Akko wouldn't see the limits and ultimately pushed them to heights that will caused a toll on their friendship till the Enchanted Parade which thankfully was repaired at the end.

Unlike OVA Akko, Anime Akko had to endure events which ultimately spared her from the Enchanted Parade scenario. Trapped in the Arcturus forest, Lotte and Sucy saw the more noble qualities of Akko; Akko helped Lotte when she's hurt and saving eaten Sucy from near death. That is just the start. Lotte's time with Anabel strengthened the bond with Akko as not only Akko while make mistakes, she'll do whatever she can to correct them. However the one thing happened that changed Akko was what Diana said.

If Akko continues getting into trouble, her friends will leaver her. It did happened half true but also just as a prelude. Episode 6 Akko failed in her current test and has to stay in her room to complete her task. Akko is all alone which gives her a clear idea what might happened if she stay the way she is. Episode 8 confirms what I suspected. Akko is dragged through shenanigans with Sucy much like she did with Lotte and Sucy. Ultimately, Akko forgives Sucy and if anything was real, Sucy may have been touched even more due to this incident.

What also contribute to Akko's change in character is the fading of her stubbornness and temper. Akko has shown a slight bit of an anger problem. However due to the constant failures that were piling up and the criticism provided by Diana which ultimately proven slightly true from another perspective, its dying out.

Although Akko won't believe that as she sees magic as beautiful and amazing. It would take the Fountain of Polaris, a place that fits Akko's description about magic to get through to her. Magic isn't about short cuts, its about having to learn and enjoy it. And with Ursula providing the emotional support Akko needed, Akko is able to learn from mistakes and would really rise above occasions.

As for Diana, she has been a brat in the OVA but in the Anime, she hasn't shown these traits. The sad truth is that part of her personality was killed off by what's happening here.

We have to compare OVA Diana with Anime Diana. OVA Diana while skilled was no where as at the level as her anime counterpart. Thanks to this, Diana of the OVA could actually be a bit more free and boasted about her family's success.

However in the anime, Diana had to suffer prejudice by humans who make claims about Witches. Diana may had ignored them for a while until she started getting better. Judging by Episode 12, Diana may in fact believed some of what the Humans believed about Witches. The Witches over relied on her and her seniors or teachers even had to resort for her help. And her family practically forced her to attend parties with people she didn't like and may actually conditioned her to follow their rules.

Diana's faith of Witches may in fact soured and saw her family pride and talent as a curse. It's why Anime Diana 'loves' Akko more than her 'friends'. Akko didn't rely on her and her fighting back against her families laws is exactly Diana desired.

So reading this, it makes you think about Episode 12 in a new light.
Mar 29, 2017 5:19 AM
Sep 2012
I don't know if it is going to happen next episode, more likely the end of the series or season, but what happened in episode 2 which is Akko saves the day and Diana gets the credit, that will happen at some point, only this time will not be a door mat and let everyone know Akko deserves the credit.

Though knowing these idiots that are the other teachers besides Ursula, they might still not believe her and say "Diana you are so noble an humble", and Akko be like "that is okay, I don't need the credit".

It would be cool if they discovered fusion magic, Akko and Diana they both very flawed, but if they fused they could become the perfect being.
Mar 29, 2017 7:55 AM
Jul 2015
Takuan_Soho said:

So, Diana had right to call out someone for a misconception, just because of what something looked like, and not the circumstances behind it? Akko wasn't trying to embarrass Diana intentionally. Diana also knew that it was the prankster mirror that probably caused this (though we know it was actually Woodward) so she knew Akko wasn't to blame for it. However, that didn't stop her from admonishing Akko for missing a meeting when even she knows there was a reason for it. And what do you mean Akko didn't respond back? Her passion for magic was being undermined and she refuted it clearly, determined to prove Diana's misconceptions about her wrong at the festival.
Mar 29, 2017 9:36 AM
Feb 2017
AoiHonoo said:
Takuan_Soho said:

So, Diana had right to call out someone for a misconception, just because of what something looked like, and not the circumstances behind it? Akko wasn't trying to embarrass Diana intentionally. Diana also knew that it was the prankster mirror that probably caused this (though we know it was actually Woodward) so she knew Akko wasn't to blame for it. However, that didn't stop her from admonishing Akko for missing a meeting when even she knows there was a reason for it. And what do you mean Akko didn't respond back? Her passion for magic was being undermined and she refuted it clearly, determined to prove Diana's misconceptions about her wrong at the festival.

It's Diana's behavior is exactly why the Shiny Rod would never picked her for even a second.
Mar 29, 2017 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
akiba-kei said:
Not only Akko is growing as a character, Ursula-sensei too. She is staring to smile more and more and not getting sulky whenever Akko brings out Chariot in front of her.

I'm starting to think that Akko will save the world of magic and help Ursula become Shiny Chariot once again.
Mar 29, 2017 1:42 PM
Feb 2017
Predictions for Episode 13:
Akko returns to her dorm after the Fountain of Polaris showed her the way. Akko peeked in and saw her friends awake. Akko asked if she could come in which they allowed. Akko enters and immediately apologize to them for her behavior and she's okay if they won't talk to her because of how bad of a friend she is. Lotte and Sucy looked at one another confusingly and focused on Akko again revealing to her that they were the ones who should apologize to her as they felt awful in saying those things because they thought they were protecting Akko from getting hurt. Akko teared up a bit but both accepted they were both wrong. With that, Akko asked her roommates a favor.

The next day, Akko and co were at the library doing research. Amanda, Constanze and Jasminka entered and wanted a time to relax because of after having to clean up something that was so dreadful which almost made Amanda puke. Sucy asks them to be quiet a little as they were doing their research. Diana and co entered as well and Hannah and Barbara decided to tease Akko on the eventual devouring by the Ghost. Surprisingly, Akko didn't respond and continues her work. Irritated, the two decides to hammer in Akko's fate. Akko presumably looks at them but to their shock, it was just that Lotte arrived back with additional books that would help in the festival and Akko was just seeing Lotte returning. Hannah and Barbara questioned what Akko and team were up to until Sucy intervenes and tells them that it was a secret. They weren't backing down so Sucy decides to scare them with her snakes trick. After they jumped back, Diana make her usual remark on Akko's futility and leaves with the two following suit. Although, everyone wonders what these three Witches were up to.

At Holbrooke's office, Finnegan lectures the other staff to be at top form and show the other Witches of the World what they're capable off. After leaving, Holbrooke asks Ursula would her student and friends be okay with the arrangement. Ursula confidently replied she has faith on what they were doing.

Night time, the festival commenced. As the students prepare their acts, the Witches of the World arrived. Ursula greeted them one by one until a blur passed by her which scared the teacher.

Diana and team prepared their summoning. While her two teammates anticipated the enjoyment of the festival particularly Akko getting devoured, Diana didn't listened as she was in deep thought. A flashback occurred where Diana learned about Akko abandoning her duty. Diana understandably gets upset on how thoughtless Akko could be but Sucy without care tells off Diana that if she's going to lecture Akko, Diana is a bigger fool than Akko. Diana listens in and Sucy blatantly tells her that while Akko did abandoned her duty, criticizing or scolding her would only hurt her rather than having her to reflect. All the students may looked up to Diana, they just see her as someone who they could place all their workload onto and when it comes to teaching or changing someone for the better, she fails at it. Plus, Sucy could tell that there are similarities between Akko and Diana herself but unlike Akko, Diana is an even bigger child. This totally unnerves Diana that she ran off. Diana wakes up to hear the other students asking for her help again. Diana and her team followed the students only to leave the summoning ritual open for sabotage by a mysterious figure.

Ursula enters Akko's dorm where she saw Akko and friends still working on the final preparations. Ursula cheekily asks if Akko is excited which Akko responds with a bright smile that she is and thanks Chariot and the Fountain of Polaris. However, the person she wants to thank most was Ursula much to her blushing. The preparations were done and they went off to the festival.

As they wait for the Sacrifice portion, the teachers asks the Witches of the World if they're satisfied but the latter explained that all the techniques and traditions are outdated and wonder if the students are actually learning. The teachers explained they did as they boasted about Diana planning and setting up everything herself just as the Sacrifice commenced when Akko and co arrived.

Diana and team enact the summoning ritual and the Ghost appeared before everyone but Ursula noticed something was wrong with him. The Ghost instead devours Hananh and Barbara and then focused its attention on the other witches rather than the designated sacrifices. Diana attempts to cease the summoning but unable to.

As the Ghost devours more Witches including the teachers and the Witches of the World, Akko decides to take matters to her own hands. Akko and co appeared in front of the Ghost and enact their appeasement to the Ghost. Akko calls it the Happy Time Parade. Lights flew off like fireworks and the Ghost looked at it with awe. Akko did parlor tricks and the Ghost likes it. This is followed by Sucy summoning undead but actually illusions and finally, Lotte sings her song that calmed the Ghost and thanks to Akko and her team, the Ghost departs to the afterlife not before excreting those he ate. They were displeased.

The Next day, Akko and co along with Amanda and co cleaned up those eaten and yet still smelled. The Witches of the World praised Akko for saving their lifes and though she was one of the school's brightest students. One of the teachers blurted out Akko was their worst student which she would come to regret. The Witches of the World has had it with the ethics of the school. Not only did the teachers made the proud member of the Cavendish family looked like a disgrace but also placing all their jobs onto her which they believed may have caused the Ghost to go on a rampage. Not only that they were well informed about how they resorted for Diana's help in resolving Fafnir and his con ways. With hearing that they were playing favorites with the students and shunned those they decided weren't easy to cultivate, the other Witches decides that Luna Nova will be undergoing new management.

Meanwhile at an undisclosed location, the mysterious figure watched in delight as her planned worked to her favor. Soon, she'll be a new teacher there and will make Akko her apprentice.
20Ani17AnalyzerMar 29, 2017 1:48 PM
Mar 29, 2017 4:11 PM
Sep 2012
20Ani17Analyzer said:

The Next day, Akko and co along with Amanda and co cleaned up those eaten and yet still smelled. The Witches of the World praised Akko for saving their lifes and though she was one of the school's brightest students. One of the teachers blurted out Akko was their worst student which she would come to regret. The Witches of the World has had it with the ethics of the school. Not only did the teachers made the proud member of the Cavendish family looked like a disgrace but also placing all their jobs onto her which they believed may have caused the Ghost to go on a rampage. Not only that they were well informed about how they resorted for Diana's help in resolving Fafnir and his con ways. With hearing that they were playing favorites with the students and shunned those they decided weren't easy to cultivate, the other Witches decides that Luna Nova will be undergoing new management.

Meanwhile at an undisclosed location, the mysterious figure watched in delight as her planned worked to her favor. Soon, she'll be a new teacher there and will make Akko her apprentice.

What ever evil scheme Corix has up her sleeve, it might be worth it to see these teacher on the unemployment, finally some justice. I wonder what job Finnelan can get, maybe a phone sex operator, a pizza delivery person, ha ha. Hopefully something humiliating.

The only thing that would make it better, is from now on no more teams, more reliance on solo tests, so Hannah and Barbara no more riding Diana's coat tails, let's see what you can do on their own, I think Akko is way better than them now.

Though should there be a Hannah and Barbara redemption? The way I could see it happening, turns out they were not well liked by the other students, and they were jealous that they were able to sponge off of Diana, now if everyone is for themselves meaning no more teams, with no more Diana anymore, other students corner and bully them and Akko comes to their defense. And that begins their redemption.

You think under this situation would lie and tell Akko she is Shiny Chariot in disguise, that is the perfect way to get Akko on her side.
blfanMar 29, 2017 4:26 PM
Mar 29, 2017 4:37 PM

Sep 2012
Show's been more interesting since the previous episode.
Mar 29, 2017 4:42 PM
Feb 2017
What ever evil scheme Corix has up her sleeve, it might be worth it to see these teacher on the unemployment, finally some justice. I wonder what job Finnelan can get, maybe a phone sex operator, a pizza delivery person, ha ha. Hopefully something humiliating.

The only thing that would make it better, is from now on no more teams, more reliance on solo tests, so Hannah and Barbara no more riding Diana's coat tails, let's see what you can do on their own, I think Akko is way better than them now.

Though should there be a Hannah and Barbara redemption? The way I could see it happening, turns out they were not well liked by the other students, and they were jealous that they were able to sponge off of Diana, now if everyone is for themselves meaning no more teams, with no more Diana anymore, other students corner and bully them and Akko comes to their defense. And that begins their redemption.

You think under this situation would lie and tell Akko she is Shiny Chariot in disguise, that is the perfect way to get Akko on her side.

I hope that most of these things do happen.
Mar 29, 2017 4:47 PM
Sep 2012
20Ani17Analyzer said:

At the very least I wouldn't mind if Barbara got redemption, I think she looks adorable and a fan of Night Fall, in my head canon Hannah is the real bully and Barbara is just following along. Another example of Akko walking in Diana's shoes, how about if Hannah and Barbara clung to Akko and became her lackeys, and annoy the hell out of her. If Akko didn't have empathy for Diana before well she would now.
Mar 29, 2017 4:52 PM
Feb 2017
blfan said:
20Ani17Analyzer said:

At the very least I wouldn't mind if Barbara got redemption, I think she looks adorable and a fan of Night Fall, in my head canon Hannah is the real bully and Barbara is just following along. Another example of Akko walking in Diana's shoes, how about if Hannah and Barbara clung to Akko and became her lackeys, and annoy the hell out of her. If Akko didn't have empathy for Diana before well she would now.

Thanks for the comments. I hope you like what I predicted.
Mar 29, 2017 7:03 PM
Jul 2015
The "a thousand friends" in the not!Wikipedia entry will come into play. They gave too specific a number for it not to be relevant. I can only think Akko will use the transformation spell to make a photo or something of the spirit's dead friends and make them tangible. I don't think it will recall itself enough to not eat her and her roommates otherwise. And she'll need Lotte and Sucy's help for it like in the OVA. Because of the timing Akko will have to give up on becoming Moonlit Witch, because the ghost isn't let loose until the closing. Unless through special circumstances, the ghost is released sooner than anticipated (which is probably likely to happen). Akko probably still won't get the title though, and in the end, it won't matter.
Mar 30, 2017 3:47 AM
Feb 2017
I want to asked anyone in the forum if anyone has any talent in splicing with scenes from one show with music that belong to another show.

I recently heard music from this show here ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRSQqwNUFb0&t=0s ). If you mixed the music with the scene when Akko is alone on top of the tower during the night after her confrontation with Diana and Akko learning what her talent is after witnessing Chariot's past, its perfect. Listen to it simultaneously, it's beautiful.
Mar 30, 2017 6:04 PM

Oct 2008
The whole episode feels like 5 minutes, I didn't noticed that it was a cliffhanger...deymn!
5/5.

Mar 31, 2017 11:14 AM

Mar 2017
"Don't compare yourself to others. Do what only you can do"

Damn it got me.
Can't wait for the next episode! Little Witch Academia is getting more interesting~

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 1, 2017 1:23 AM

Jan 2010
AcidPunk said:
That ghost from the festival looks like one of the evil red silhouettes from the previous episode.

That can't be good.

Ohhh well spotted!
That can be good, actually! Since she has to revive other words, this is probably the next challenge so she revive the 3rd word (with the incantation she's heard Chariot say) and grow as a person and as a witch. And also unlock all "lights" on the shiny rod so it'll be all powerful again. Something like that. Thinking like this, she might actually be chosen as the Moonlit Witch... or maybe she won't, and that will be okay. We'll see.

But that makes me think of how the other flashes from that scene might be representing her next challenges too, and I mean these:
YORERUApr 1, 2017 1:36 AM
Apr 1, 2017 7:29 PM

Jan 2013
Watching Akko transformation into Diana was very funny xD At least she didn't screw up as she would do normally hahaha But those two definitely got what they deserved.

So unlocking those 7 words will bring a mythic creature that will bring back magic? Very interesting.
Actually, Diana said the truth to Akko, maybe she will learn from it.
Glad that Ursula said that to Akko, since she saw that Chariot never cared about being the Nº1, she will do what she loves the most ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 1, 2017 7:40 PM
Sep 2012
As I mentioned in the episode 9 thread, there are theories going around that all those jobs that were picked were rigged by the faculty, after they reunited her with her father, why would the Headmistress? What an ingrate jerk.
Apr 1, 2017 8:01 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A fun episode this week. The hijinks with Akko being Diana was funny. I do feel bad for Diana's little followers though, having to stand out all night. They're little cuties.

I think Akko's real problem, as shown by the Chariot flashback, is that she needs to want to learn magic for the love of magic itself, not to be the next Chariot. And once she learns that lesson, I think she'll have a much easier time.

Chariot was adorable as a student. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 4, 2017 3:38 AM

Jul 2016
Honestly, I felt as thought the entire episode went by quickly, since the main meat of the episode came around the middle and I thought it was only 15 min. in. I did however, enjoy the comedy here. And this is where the misery part of comedy comes in, since comedy is made from some form of misery.
Akko, finally managed to grasp her magical abilities, wanted to play a big role in the Samhain festival (aka Halloween) only to get the role as a sacrifice for a ghost, only to get shitted out. That was kinda funny. But, near the end, Ursala gives her a pep talk, about how one should not compare themselves to others and do what they can do, which makes Akko go to the fountain again, realizing that Chariot never worked hard to be a Moonlight Witch, but rather for something else, spreading joy. And this is where Akko's role in the sacrifice comes in. I want to see how she can turn this rather FOUL fate around.

But more importantly, what about the two lackeys who were left out there, ALL ALONE?

Diana: How shameless of you. To think that you were fooled by that girl to stand around, looking like an idiot, with drawings all over your face for the entirety of the day, when you should've been assisting the others.

Lackey 1: Oh thank goodness. And for a moment there we thought that reading that summoning spell was going to curse us.

Diana: Which one? *looks at the spell* OH God! You two, stay where you are don;t move a muscle!

Lackey 2: Wait wha-?!

Diana: There's no time. Unless you want to turn into a pile of sludge for the rest of your life, I suggest that you continue what you have been doing.

Lackey 1: Going along with that loser's prank?

Diana: I'm afraid so, Yes.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Apr 7, 2017 10:58 AM

Jun 2015
No screenshot of elephant Akko? :(
Apr 11, 2017 10:05 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, Akko is slowly maturing.
Apr 18, 2017 12:55 PM

Jun 2013
Akkor continues to practice with Ursula. And after some shenanigans, which are kind of fun but also embarrassing to watch, she finally admits that she's not anywhere near Diana's skill level. But Ursula's right, she doesn't have to be Diana or Chariot, she should aim to be the best Akko she can be. The "home video" about Chariot was adorable and it helped Akko to see things more clearly, too.

LeeTailorApr 18, 2017 1:00 PM
May 10, 2017 1:32 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Was a funny episode, also Akko transformed in Diana, and did antics!!!
Finally she found a way to "shinning" but if you know Akko, it will be caotic!!! Next chapter to know how this takes this words ;)
May 14, 2017 3:06 PM

Feb 2013
So let me guess, Akko is going to cheer up the ghost. Maybe that's too obvious. I'm hoping for something more hilarious.
Jul 1, 2017 8:22 PM

May 2012
Lovely episode with again superb development! That ending was the best! Looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 5, 2017 12:39 PM

Jun 2013
...Well, Moonlight Witch...isn't that best Witch, in festival? Yeaah....Diana is more likely get that..XD Sad but true.

Poor, Akko....Everybody is laughing at her....starting to actually get annoyed to Diana celebration and ground worship by teachers.

Oops-...Teasing Mirror....Love to see what chaos Akko will do as Diana! XD Love the Payback tough....2 Little followers got the Payback they Deserved!! BRILLIANT AKKO!!! XD

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 7, 2017 9:23 AM

Apr 2015
Akko looks incredibly cute as a monkey and an elephant.

I love those cute little things they pulled to get their jobs for the festival. Why is there a job for being a sacrifice? What is this school?

Whoa, Sucy is way into getting eaten. Kinky girl...

The scenes with Akko as Diana were an uncomfortable disaster, and then Diana scolding Akko when she knew it wasn't really her fault :/ Stupid magic prank mirror...
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jul 14, 2017 4:50 PM
Jun 2013
man for sacrifice duty the people should get some extra credit or something. I mean its your job to be eaten and then shitted out. also sucy catching an orgasm thinking of going through the ghost. Oh look a to be continue type episode. interesting.
Jul 16, 2017 12:44 PM

Sep 2014
Funny episode.
Akko being transformed into Diana was very funny! Even if I knew it was Akko all along, seeing a clumsy "Diana" was so cute! (gap moe)
I wonder what will Akko do next...

I almost forgot about Diana's bitchy friends. They kept doing that pose while wearing that Kiss makeup. lol (That sneeze at the end was cute.)
Sep 11, 2017 7:33 PM

Mar 2015
Great episode, wonder what it's like, to be ever in the presence of your idol and yet be completely oblivious to it - and on the flipside, to be hiding your true identity from someone whose life was literally lived following your footsteps
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 19, 2017 4:40 PM

Apr 2012
So the thorn bibendum we saw in visions of apocalypse in the previous episode aka the ghost will show up next time? Well that escalated quickly.
Dec 1, 2017 2:10 AM

Dec 2016
This was a pretty funny episode, also I wonder if the memories Akko just looked through were actually a young Ursula, and maybe she died at some point, and so Chariot took her place, therefore she has to disguise herself rather then just being Shiny Chariot the teacher?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 9, 2017 10:34 AM

May 2015
Akko as Diana was really fun to watch. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 2, 2018 4:19 AM

Aug 2017
Akko as Diana was fun. Now she knows what Diana wants to do. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 2, 2018 12:03 PM

Sep 2011
Best episode of the series so far!
Mar 9, 2019 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
Good episode, not much happened aside from the festival announcement and a little bit of bonding between Akko and Diana, but the comedy is nice.
May 14, 2019 11:28 PM

Mar 2018
The Akko/Ursula moments are my favorite part of the show. Ursula is such a great support.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

295 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Jun 2, 1:04 AM

» Are the OVA and Mahoujikake no Parade part of the canon?

JustSomeone15 - May 27

8 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
May 31, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

160 by mineandcraft »»
May 25, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

117 by JVskunkape »»
May 22, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.