Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 23, 2016 4:18 PM

Nov 2007
Rebelhero said:
If people say the LN is going darker... I SO WANT A SECOND SEASON OF THIS AS IF PROGRESSIVELY GETS DARKER!

The LN from volume 2 doesn't progressively get darker. It is already in the abyss of darkness from the start.

The LN was originally nominated for KyoAni's animation project. Probably because of the rough idea they received from the author of which direction the story would head to and thus they decided to pick this out of all the contenders to give it an anime adaptation (just like they did in recent years for other LN adapted titles). When it was given a green light, it only had volume one out.

Apparently, this episode 12 is a premonition following all the happenings of the entire season thus far. If we see the prologue (Haruhiko and Ruru's conversation) it may be interpreted in a way that

But that's also my speculation.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 23, 2016 4:26 PM

Aug 2014
I was reading a lot of various responses to this series. Many refer this is the most fail KyoAni project all the time. But the studio's caliber KyoAni may not reckless to do something that would make their reputation fall.

From this episode appears something very interesting and unpredictable. And it raised just before the series is almost finished. Likely will get a second season. All we have to wait whether to follow the flow in LN or there are other modifications.

Don't underestimate to KyoAni.
Mar 23, 2016 4:27 PM

Dec 2014
Holy shit that was actually kind of interesting. I still don't like the characters acting like idiots though. (Phantoms are THE reason weird shit happens in their lives, and they take THAT long to realize that whatever is happening is caused by a Phantom, even though sometimes its blatantly obvious? It wasn't as bad here as it was in, say, the cat episode, but it still bothers me)
Mar 23, 2016 4:32 PM

Sep 2014
12 episodes in and something finally happens...

That incest though.
Mar 23, 2016 4:34 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i know this isn't the last episode obviously, but gawd damn im gonna miss this show

please have a season 2.... ;___;
Mar 23, 2016 4:45 PM

Apr 2013
Epic episode to say the least. We finally got a little taste of what this series really could have been if it had a bit more substance and an overlying story/goal. I won't complain too much though. We got plenty of MILF action here to last a season (dat kiss). Here's hoping to a non-rushed ending next week.
Mar 23, 2016 4:46 PM
Sep 2015
Well this episode was at least somewhat interesting. But I wonder why it took 12 episodes to introduce something that actually resembles decent plot, since it's basically been SoL with phantoms until now.
Mar 23, 2016 4:59 PM

Sep 2015
Gonna agree with the majority of people here - this episode was a massive step up compared to all the rest. If it had been more like this from the start it could have been so much better. This is the first episode that had me genuinely interested in what was going on.
They could have taken the Phantom premise so far, but squandered it on random inconsequential stuff up till this point. Hopefully the finale will be decent.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 23, 2016 5:03 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, look at all the fucks I have right here and sadly can't give even the smallest one to this show at this point. After 10 episodes of complete garbage it can start giving the best blowjobs in the city but it's still just a crappy series. Shoehorning the matter with mother after all that retarded faffing around only make it look worse.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 23, 2016 5:16 PM

Oct 2015
Damn cliffhanger.I hope they don't cliffhanger the last episode or if they do we get a season 2.I'm not sure if the LN spoilers I've seen are true or not but I want to know what will happen.
Mar 23, 2016 5:18 PM

Sep 2014
This was really good, even though I could call it from a mile away.

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!!!!

Every mans worst nightmare

Oh, well that set up the "I think I like him" harem cliche very easy

The one thing that pisses me off the most. The one thing that makes zero sense. He knew damn well it was a phantom. All he had to do was back the fuck off. No. He screams at her like she's going to listen. You an almost grown ass man. Damn you and the creator for thinking this useless and abused shit up.

Also, me tinks Ruru and what's his face are connected in a way no one expected. That or he summoned her and didn't know about it.
Fredo_pMar 23, 2016 5:23 PM
Mar 23, 2016 5:28 PM

Sep 2013
im_Br0k3n said:
Damn cliffhanger.I hope they don't cliffhanger the last episode or if they do we get a season 2.I'm not sure if the LN spoilers I've seen are true or not but I want to know what will happen.

Yeah me too, I hope the spoiler I heard form LN come true
Mar 23, 2016 6:11 PM

Jan 2011
So much plot i can't handle it all at once sadly while this was the most interesting episode these last two still won't make up for the rest of this very very average show.

but KyoAni pls giving us a incest MILF kiss should let the fandom do that now it's canon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 23, 2016 6:14 PM

Mar 2009
I'm going to be pissed if Ruru is dead.

That was one cruel episode. Poor Haruhiko. The phantom is pure evil, taking advantage of his past like that.

I've actually been enjoying these latest episodes.
Mar 23, 2016 6:41 PM

Apr 2015
Well... uhm... uhhh..

WTF

Anyways Rip Ruru
Mar 23, 2016 6:54 PM
Feb 2015
So I'm guessing I'm not the only one who scared senseless from that jumpscare?
I mean it was pretty obvious his mom was the phantom, especially after sensei called, but I wasn't expecting the creepy mom to just appear behind Mai and then cue creepy music.
I swear my legs are still shaking
Mar 23, 2016 6:56 PM
Feb 2015
Thinking about it, episodes 11-13 tie in perfectly with each other, 11 was Haruhiko's child past, 12 was the buildup of Enigma and the capture of his mother, and 13 everything will be resolved and Phantom World will end. I'm just surprised they didn't end an interesting concept and arc in one episode
Mar 23, 2016 7:02 PM

Jun 2015
Hopefully we'll get a season two since I feel like the actual plot starts here
Mar 23, 2016 7:21 PM

Jan 2008
Was expecting a beach episode lol.

Gonna take a guess that Ruru was summoned by Haruhiko or something, so she's affected by him losing his powers.
Mar 23, 2016 7:27 PM

Jul 2013
IceBreakerZ said:
Wow shit just got real.

This scene was such a sudden creepy change of atmosphere, I actually got goosebumps from it.

Dude, i was sitting in a hunchedback position right untill that scene, my heart just skipped a beat right there

Easily my favorite episode so far
no
Mar 23, 2016 7:28 PM

Dec 2014
Fairly interesting episode, Didn't expect the show to take a more serious turn this late. Though I'm not sure if this serious turn of events was a good idea for what was clearly an episodic show.
It's basically turning into the Hidan no Aria AA of this season.

Next episode looks good, Wonder what kind of finale we'll get.
Mar 23, 2016 7:50 PM

Aug 2014
that's some dope incest going on, mang
Mar 23, 2016 8:05 PM

Jun 2014

IchiJoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood
Mar 23, 2016 8:17 PM
Mar 2013
Imagine that. KyoAni can make at least one not terrible episode. Ayyy
Mar 23, 2016 8:28 PM

Jun 2012
Kyoani is now officially the greatest anime studio of all time.
Mar 23, 2016 8:31 PM

Oct 2014
spawnofdoom said:
Imagine that. KyoAni can make at least one not terrible episode. Ayyy

There is a reason why they did generic episodes for most of this season. Hopefully the final episode will clear up any misconceptions.

I really hope there is a season 2 that the finale airs.
Mar 23, 2016 8:39 PM
Mar 2013
Theanimevoyeur said:

There is a reason why they did generic episodes for most of this season. Hopefully the final episode will clear up any misconceptions.

Misconceptions or not, one episode clearing them up certainly can't be a good enough reason for 11 boring episodes where nothing really happens. If there is a season two, I hope the entirety of it feels like episode 12 and not at all like 1-11.
Mar 23, 2016 8:42 PM

Jan 2016
i've enjoyed every episode of this show, and felt it has had an even, building progression all the way up to this episodes cliffhanger. i've learned the world, have an understanding of the characters, and am interested to see them rally against a devious foe. perhaps this uncritical comment has no place amidst the expert eyes of professional viewers.
Mar 23, 2016 8:48 PM

Oct 2014
spawnofdoom said:
Theanimevoyeur said:

Misconceptions or not, one episode clearing them up certainly can't be a good enough reason for 11 boring episodes where nothing really happens. If there is a season two, I hope the entirety of it feels like episode 12 and not at all like 1-11.

True enough. Although, imo, it's just episodes 2-9 that lack entertainment. Nevertheless, if they do make a season 2, then they better make it 1000 times better than season 1.
Mar 23, 2016 8:55 PM

Jan 2011
While true the show has been a mash up of random events, it's relied heavily on it's characters as a result. If you don't like the characters then you definitely were not going to like this show since there was nothing else to rely on. The comedy isn't a strong grab and aside from this episode the drama is not there. It's all theme and character appeal.

Probably the best episode thus far without a doubt bc it actually brought in that other element missing from the show...a link between episodes. Everything else has been rather episodic despite the ongoing "character building" as a natural result of things.

In the end it's going to boil down to KyoAni bias vs not. Those biased but still are able to see the big picture like myself enjoy the show simply due to that KyoAni delivery but realize there isn't a ton of substance to the show. It's just an enjoyable show. If you aren't on the KyoAni theme train then this was probably a brutal ride for the most part.

I'm just glad what they do works for me bc it can even make a nearly plot-less show enjoyable. I have a feeling that if this title does end next week without any continuation, it's gonna get tallied as one of the weakest shows from KyoAni. Very similar to Amagi in that regard. But some cute characters came out of it.
IZEROIIMar 23, 2016 8:59 PM
Mar 23, 2016 8:58 PM

Nov 2014
This show actually has PLOT?!
Hi there
Mar 23, 2016 9:05 PM
Mar 2016
I bet that Enigma Phantom is Reina's Lost Sister, Watch it again, they never seen each other.
First example is when they heared a yell, mai, haru, and koito leaved the two behind (Kurumi and Reina)
Second is when enigma is about to flee. ( The Last Scene ) After the teleport effect reina and koito ran outside and she still didn't saw the enigma's true form.

Sorry Bad English. :P
Btw, that's my prediction don't take it seriously. :D
Mar 23, 2016 9:17 PM
Feb 2016
Someone Who Isn't My Favorite Character: "Wow, Reina, it's a shame you basically disappeared from the face of the Earth as far as character development and basic plot usefulness are concerned for the past 8 episodes or so, but it's a good thing that the subplot about your unhealthy home life was resolved in the meantime with barely any explanation!"
My Favorite Character: "haha yeah i'm a cute person i eat food a lot tbh lmao"

This is the "good" episode everyone was waiting for, right? I'm not usually the cynical type, but I'm pretty sure a lot of this is just the benefit of lowered expectations.
Mar 23, 2016 9:17 PM

Jun 2013
That was actually a pretty jump scare moment when Enigma showed up behind Mai. I yelled, lol.

And yet, this episode mostly had me laughing. God this show. I posted in another thread that I haven't been saying "wtf am I watching?" much this season. I retract that statement.

It's time for insesuto!
Mar 23, 2016 9:22 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Tevens said:
did i just watch a horror show ? damn that was really scary as hell. i almost jump.
that jumpscare, when the teacher was talking with Mai on the phone, and in the middle of it, i was screaming "BEHIND YOU!!! BEHIND YOU!!!" then that fucking motherfucker really appeared behind her with a really freaking scrary face. that scene really got me. really scared the hell out of me. i almost jump. you got me KyoAni

Scary things aside, i really like the relationship between Haruhiko and his mother. tbh, personally i think that was a really sweet relationship betwee mother and son, well even though it wasn't real at all, but i really like that moments. again, i like episode. really enjoyable to me.

what happened to Ruru btw ? that really confused me. suddenly just got fainted on the floor. and i didn't expect this will turn into a serious one, i thought they will end the problem in one episode but.... 'to be continued' i like it :D
IceBreakerZ said:
Wow shit just got real.

This scene was such a sudden creepy change of atmosphere, I actually got goosebumps from it.

not creepy for me. for me that is a jumpscare. really scary AF!

It was at this moment that Mai knew she had messed up.

Them eyes, imagine waking up and seeing those cold lifeless eyes. She's give me a scare, more than Samara from the Ring.

Enigma is in a league of her own. Being able to steal powers, makes her unpredictable. One moment she could use Haruhiko's move and the next she could use a move from the Beach Girls. Wonder how the group will do when they encounter her again.

Hope Ruru is okay. I'd say she's got knocked out right after the kiss at the end.

Always been curious if Ruru has a mini bed for herself.

Mar 23, 2016 9:28 PM

Apr 2014
If only they excluded the filler episodes and focused on this part of the story throughout the whole series, it might've been a really good watch. Not saying that it's a bad show but with only 1 episode left, this leaves a bad taste and unsatisfaction making me crave for more episodes.
Mar 23, 2016 9:30 PM

Jun 2015
Well fuck, this episode and the last one have actually been surprisingly enjoyable.... I'm not even sure what to think now... how do I rate this show now? O.o

If only the whole show had been about this arc, it could have been so much more.
Mar 23, 2016 10:20 PM

Jan 2011
To no one's surprise it was actually Enigma. I knew they were only gonna do some serious plot for the final two episodes, and only bring up that device then.

From the looks of it Ruru is connected to Haruhiko's power.
Mar 23, 2016 10:32 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
So far the best episode from this anime, has both funny and thrilling scenes, great.
...that sunflower phantom scene cracked me up.

I can't help to think that the Arayashiki device Haruhiko is repairing would come in handy next episode.

This episode reminded me of Parasyte

.....if only some episodes before were as thrilling as this

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 23, 2016 10:56 PM

Oct 2011
It got serious OMG.
Mar 23, 2016 11:12 PM

Dec 2013
Absolutely beautiful episode.
I loved how they actually introduced a formidable Phantom for once after dealing with all those of the "Phantom of the Week" fair for so long.
Enigma using Haruhiko's mother as a handicap was not cool though. I get the feeling that once everything calms down again, his mom is just gonna run off to her new husband and abandon him again. Still, her playing with the girls at the dinner table was awesome while it lasted.

I think the reason why Ruru fainted was because she was created by Haruhiko's psyche and his ability. The fact that she's still here gives me hope that not ALL of his powers were stolen though.

Oh, and Enigma's Vampiric design was smexy as heck. I'm willing to bet that she's actually something that she was "accidentally" created by the Arayashiki.

Can't wait to see what happens in the Finale.
L-RyoshiMar 23, 2016 11:18 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 23, 2016 11:23 PM

Mar 2008
I agree the one negative is that this episode came so darn late. This was such a strong episode that it just reminds you how much time we utterly wasted. The plot was put on hold for almost the entire show and only now does it kick into gear. Even the best episode next week can still only bump this show to a 6/10. 2-3 strong episodes out of 13 just isn't enough.

Although to be fair this was really darn good. Enigma is a great threat and a scary one. Of course you knew she was going to pop up behind Mai when she was on the phone. I mean come on...She was faced away from the dining area, in a dark space and talking about an important topic...of course Enigma was going to pop up. Props to Mai though she wasn't KO'd with one shot. She was hurt, but she dug in her heels. She isn't the fighter of the team for nothing.

Mental stcarsd for life for Haruhiko. 1. His mother never intended to contact him or come home. 2. Enigma took over his mother. 3. His mother/Enigma stole his powers by kissing him.....that's all messed up.

In the end Enigma messed with the harem...she's going to suffer.

It was a good episode. The mother was weird from the start and you figured rather quickly it was probably Enigma in some way. Even Ruru was mirroring my own thoughts with saying "this is weird."

At least I can now say I'm looking forward to the last episode.
Mar 23, 2016 11:40 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah, that was a bit scary.
Them kisses, though.
#hawt#incest#lol
Mar 23, 2016 11:44 PM

Oct 2013
damn... that was brutal. All I can really think about is how devastated Haruhiko is going to be when he realizes his mom didn't really come back to him. ._.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 23, 2016 11:47 PM

Dec 2009
I want to see a season 2 solely because of how everyone is reacting to this episode. The next volume gets so much darker but I doubt we'll ever get to see that animated
Mar 24, 2016 12:14 AM

Jun 2015
Really enjoyed this episode. Really curious about how they are going to end it.
:)
Mar 24, 2016 12:30 AM

Jan 2014
Last episode preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOhRQ78qymU

Music speaks to people's hearts. All throughout the world. I believe it's a powerfull language.
Mar 24, 2016 12:42 AM

Aug 2015
I extremely enjoyed this episode, can't wait for the finale, interested to see how it's wrapped up.
Mar 24, 2016 1:17 AM
Apr 2012
szympus11 said:
aaaand anime got good at the end of the series .. great

Smudy said:
Is this still the same show? It took them 10 episodes to get really good.

Seriously, wtf.

It took this long to reach an interesting development.
Mar 24, 2016 1:20 AM

Mar 2014
Tokoya said:
bastek66 said:
Wow, incest now in Kyoani shows
This truly is the season of the anime moms lol

A bit weird but oh well
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

235 by esolcdneirf »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2016

240 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.