Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
Aug 5, 2013 11:29 PM

Jun 2013
First impression for me: They put 15 characters in what I predict to be a 12 episode series. They better get killing fast.
I'm taking a wild guess in saying that the characters with the least lines are gonna go first.

Interesting cast of characters. Didn't expect the girl that had the title Gambler or the baseball guy (can't remember the names with the character overload) to be dressed like that. Also, I still don't know for sure if that buff person is a guy or a girl yet...

Hopefully this turns into a good mystery that isn't completely obvious. I'm always up for a little deducing.
Aug 7, 2013 8:39 PM

Jul 2012
Stark700 said:
ihateeveryone said:
Stark700 said:
Do these kids have a leader or something btw?

Define "leader."

As in someone who gives out orders/commands and formulates a plan to get through this.

I'm sure none of them is going to be Rick from Walking Dead but what if only one person had to die because all of them would gank that one person someway (maybe like that greek or roman leader who was stabbed by I think 12 people). That way they could all have killed someone. Though I don't think that stuffed toy would appreciate all them walking out of there, who of which each one had killed the same person.
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Aug 8, 2013 7:13 AM

Sep 2011
Interestingly, although the design of some characters annoying. And yet again shoved trap.
SkipchmoshaAug 8, 2013 7:20 AM
Aug 8, 2013 8:36 PM

May 2013
What a beginning scene.
But I like the OST, OP, and ED.

Monokuma, the headmaster of Hope's Peak Private Academy, tells fifteen students to kill each other to escape.
At first, the fifteen wouldn't do it, but now they have a motive... So I expect someone to die soon.

Here's the fifteen (with their specialties):
Yasuhiro Hagakure (Super High School Level Fortune Teller).
Hifumi Yamada (Super High School Level Doujin Author).
Kiyotaka Ishimaru (Super High School Level Hall Monitor).
Junko Enoshima (Super High School Level Fashion Girl).
Chihiro Fujisaki (Super High School Level Programmer).
Celestia Ludenberg (Super High School Level Gambler).
Mondo Oowada (Super High School Level Biker).
Leon Kuwata (Super High School Level Baseball Player).
Aoi Asahina (Super High School Level Swimmer).
Sakura Oogami (Super High School Level Wrestler).
Touko Fukawa (Super High School Level Literary Girl).
Byakuya Togami (Super High School Level Heir).
Kyouko Kirigiri (Super High School Level ???).
Sayaka Maizono (Super High School Level Idol).
Makoto Naegi (Super High School Level Luck).

In my opinion, the concept is interesting. I'll continue watching.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 18, 2013 6:24 AM

Oct 2012
The first episode seemed decent and is interesting. The first time i saw that Super Duper Programmer i thought ''Yup, he's a psycho'' since he seemed the type^^
Aug 18, 2013 3:25 PM
Sep 2010
Super Duper Rushed IMO
Aug 27, 2013 12:13 AM
Jun 2011
I think the MC Naegi is a too Much of a Coward so far, As I watch the series.
He really irritates me most of the time (Best Character is Sakura or Kiririgi).
Sep 27, 2013 3:42 PM

May 2013
The voice actors cast is rather intersting.
Oct 19, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
Monobear creeps me out, the story is quite exciting on how it goes.

The art is great.
Dec 8, 2013 8:52 AM

Jul 2013
The first episode does have that interesting feel to the whole break out or surviving theme.
Apr 27, 2014 6:50 PM
Oct 2013
Dat bi polar bear tho....After watching a few episodes of Akuma No Riddle I decided to check this out to get my fix. I'm very pleased with what I saw and this series looks very promising. I'm not really a big fan of the opening&ending song but thats not a big deal I guess. Another small thing that bothered me is that nobody checked to see if they had their cell phone until that girl mentioned it. You would think the first reaction would be to call the cops? That aside the first esp was great. I think it will come down to the main character and the girl he went to high school with and she will end up killing him. Either that or he kills himself to let her go free. Calling it now!
Jun 14, 2014 5:58 PM

Jun 2013
Am I the only one here who played the actual game before watching this anime version?
By the way, the first episode is cool. :)
Jul 4, 2014 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
Never played the game, but judging from this first episode, this seems downright interesting. What, 15 guys that have to kill in order to get their lives back? That's just begging to be in the edge of your seat all the time.
Well, maybe I'm putting to much faith in this anime, but let's wait and see XD
Jul 12, 2014 1:15 AM

Aug 2013
First thought: 15 survivors in 12 episodes, this'll be rushed.

It's kind of unsettling hearing Doraemon telling those kids to go murder someone.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 1, 2014 11:10 PM

Apr 2010
Hmmm, I'm guessing only one can get out. I think. If it goes around on a killing spree I think. . . ? I don't know. But in the end someone will be left. So if someone goes ahead and hides. . . until it all ends. Then they'd also never get out (because they didn't kill anyone).

But really, given that logic hmm oh well.

Seems quite generic. I'm not a big fan of the style either. Reminds me alittle bit of Saw.
Aug 13, 2014 5:10 PM

Sep 2013
Uau! Really really interesting! :D

xchee said:
It's kind of unsettling hearing Doraemon telling those kids to go murder someone.
+10 lol
In every score, there's a feeling...
Apr 25, 2015 10:22 PM

Nov 2014
What an amazing start! I'm already loving the concept, this should definitely be interesting...

Definitely giving me a SAW vibe, so I know I'm going to love this.
Apr 30, 2015 6:16 AM

Feb 2015
Well, nice first episode, I really enjoyed the game so I'm sure I'll enjoy the anime version as well.
Jun 30, 2015 6:55 AM

Jan 2013
The monobear sounds so much like Doraemon!
Jul 7, 2015 5:53 AM

Mar 2014
kuudere-ish said:
The monobear sounds so much like Doraemon!
Same voice actress
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 24, 2015 10:32 PM
Jun 2013
Well, this wasn't that bad. Of course, considering I've already played both the games and I can fill blanks in anime's character development from what I remember from them. But still, not great, but not horrible either. Animation is cheap and lacking but still serviceable, and it's great to see Monokuma animated. I was pleasantly surprised by everything being so close to the game, even interface and "free time"! So, not great, but enough to refresh memories.
I actually don't think they could do any better. It's the same as Umineko - yes, anime is not great. You could improve animation and stuff. But how can you stuff 20+ hours of the game and character development of 15 characters in 200 minutes of the anime? The answer is, there is no way. At least, it's not as bad as Corpse Party anime lol
Sep 26, 2015 9:56 AM

Mar 2015
Oohh... upon listening to some of the characters, I feel like listening to Orochimaru and Doraemon lol.

Not bad of a start. Kind of a survival game with an annoying Doraemon in a bear body.

Oct 17, 2015 2:09 PM

Jan 2012
someone said this is exactly like Battle Royale ,he was lying
i recall zoro voice

Nov 4, 2015 3:36 AM

Aug 2013
That was okay. I'll give it a couple more episodes.

I do love the character designs. Everybody looks amazing.
Nov 8, 2015 11:10 AM

Feb 2012
Second anime shown on 24 hours of anime.
Oh no, more bears..
Well, it is better than Yuri Kuma at least.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 16, 2016 1:40 PM

Jul 2013
That was a pretty good first episode.

Never played it but seems like an interesting premise.

Although the bear is kinda creepy.

I'm watching it dubbed. It's Kirito/Eren as the main one lol! I can't wait to see the rest!
stephtastropheFeb 16, 2016 1:45 PM
Mar 9, 2016 1:17 PM

Sep 2012
This looks promising.
Apr 25, 2016 6:58 PM

Jun 2013
I should've watched this a long time ago but I only started three years later. Oh well.

I like the premise, diverse and distinguishable characters and the ED is awesome.

I'm guessing the innocent-looking ones are not so innocent.

Also, I'm not sure if Makoto's family was killed or not. There wasn't any blood just torn up furniture. I hope they're okay.
臭い-
Jun 23, 2016 7:01 AM

Aug 2014
Big brother - killing version.
I don't know why but it reminded me of a game called the ship :D
They should all just have fun&sex :) but then none of the girls would want to do it with the fatso and he would be so frustrated and kill someone :/
I don't like this bear ;/ They should make a normal person...
Thyriad-oPPailovJun 23, 2016 7:15 AM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 23, 2016 2:19 PM
Aug 2015
In before its all just a lie, the people who are murdered are not really murdered and everyone is alive and it turns out you have to be killed / be caught to actually escape and not the other way round lol
Nov 27, 2016 5:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Welcome girls and boys to the school!!!! Kekeke

Nice begining..7/10
Apr 2, 2017 6:03 AM

Nov 2009
Hmmm... was ok. I played a few hours of the visual novel game which helped affirm that visual novels aren't my thing even though I thought it was a good example of the genre. The anime is following it closely so far. Some of the character designs annoy me, the hair on some of them in particular. Favorite characters so far are Monokuma and Kyouko. Looking forward to some blood, gore and murders.
Aug 20, 2017 4:46 PM

Sep 2011
I only played the game, but with Danganronpa V3 so close to release, I decided to watch the anime for the first time.

It was a good start, really faithful to the Visual Novel. I love the character design of this series.
Sep 18, 2017 12:48 PM

Dec 2012
Kyouko is cute.
Dat Asahina booty.
Monokuma!
Dat explosion.
Not kibou, but zetsubou.
Dat knockout.
Makoto's mom has nice oppai. Of course he has a imouto.
Monokuma wants them to zetsubou.
Makoto's promise.

Good start. Nice Mid/ED song.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 16, 2017 2:26 PM

Apr 2016
Not bad at all, i like the animation and this survival fight setting. But the different abilities do not all seem suitable for killing?!

I hope that around the school and the teddy still a lot in the course of the consequences will be cleared up. There are bound to be more rules, I'm curious in which direction the whole thing will develop.
Feb 13, 2018 2:44 AM
Jun 2017
This episode was nothing more than OK. I didn't find it too entertaining.
Apr 2, 2018 10:44 AM

Sep 2017
It's not a masterpiece, and the basic premise of a locked in killing game is not an original one, but I enjoyed the heck out of this anime the first time around, and totally on board for a re-watch. My favourites of the group are/were Celestia, Sayaka, Aoi and Kyouko.

Apr 21, 2018 12:11 PM

Feb 2018
After watching this I got massive chills man. Thought I like the concept of it
May 19, 2018 8:03 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Not bad for the first episode, but far from a proper adaptation. I cant judge it as an anime only could, I will end comparing it with the VN...
The pacing was more rushed than I liked, but honestly it would make everything far more boring if it was a slower pace, what works on the VN would work here, so whatever.
I missed Sayaka. Definitly nice to see Junko and some other cast animated, but it is weird the subs call it Monobear and I hear it saying Monokuma.
Mar 15, 2019 7:43 PM

Feb 2019
Awesome first episode, the Teddy is just as freaky as I imagined him to be! The text moves a bit too fast for me to read, though - I need to constantly pause the video
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jul 13, 2019 9:32 AM

Oct 2017
Wow pretty nice first episode

Seems promising
Feb 8, 2020 9:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
So it's like an Ousama Game, interesting. Decent start, over all.

Concept and premise is fine, to be honest. Decent cast at that, too.

Death flags up already but it'll be interesting to see how it'll come about. 15 kids with 13 episodes, now that's not a good sign first up. I've heard this bit is going to be quite rushed in advance though so I can only hope it won't be too bad.

I'm guessing only one student will be able to leave alive or something of the sort, kind of like the Ousama Game I reckon. One of the character seemed to be a little experienced or maybe just gutsy feeling whilst saving the punk-y guy, who knows.

Got to say, the Teddy Bear really reminded me of five nights at freddy's lol. Looks like this one right here is fond of a little more despair though, how interesting.

Will be watching this daily on Muse Asia YT Channel...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 17, 2020 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
I immediately recognized the voice of Zoro from the biker dude.
Oct 9, 2020 10:45 AM
Oct 2020
It was good I really loved it
Nov 18, 2020 6:20 PM
Jul 2020
Oooh. I’m liking it so far... Creepy vibes. Idk why but I feel like blue hair girl is gonna die.
(Also I have no clue what a single person’s name is haha)
Jan 21, 2021 11:35 AM

Aug 2018
So everyone are talented here, huh.. Can't guess much from their looks in what exactly..
Well, some of these talents make sense.. But some not that much.. Like why government needs super gambler, for example?.. Yeah, maybe you can assume they might have high IQ or something.. But it's still strange..
Well, that bear talks about wanting despair a lot.. Is he just some petty villain, who suffered himself, and that's why wants to see others suffering?.. Is that it?..
Mar 13, 2021 11:33 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Got your diverse assortment of various anime trope characters trapped in a school to kill to escape. Chefs kiss.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 22, 2021 10:53 PM

Jun 2019
I love how they casted a male VA for Chihiro.
Aug 21, 2021 11:20 PM
Aug 2021
amazing show I love it
Aug 21, 2021 11:20 PM
Aug 2021
amazing show I love it
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

417 by BakaDorayaki »»
May 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

436 by amychar »»
May 7, 3:17 PM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.