Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 22, 2013 4:55 AM

Sep 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
It's funny that they made Nadeko's OP look very similar to her Bakemonogatari OP. BTW could someone tell me the name of the song?
"Mousou ♥ ekusupuresu" もうそう♥えくすぷれす 妄想♥エクスプレス "Delusion ♥ Express"

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/95ef5381b458c3128249b7b93953f4af1379792550_full.png
hpulleySep 22, 2013 4:59 AM
Sep 22, 2013 5:12 AM
Jun 2013
Easily one of the best episodes so far. And the OP was a lot better than the other two.

Sengoku looks amazing with those red glowing eyes and the white hair. And I feel so sorry for her.

Really excited to see what made Koyomi so determined on killing her. He has been readily risking his life for the sake of others and now he actually tries to kill someone actively. Oh, poor Sengoku.
Sep 22, 2013 5:17 AM

Mar 2010
GoldenBlut said:
Easily one of the best episodes so far. And the OP was a lot better than the other two.

Sengoku looks amazing with those red glowing eyes and the white hair. And I feel so sorry for her.

Really excited to see what made Koyomi so determined on killing her. He has been readily risking his life for the sake of others and now he actually tries to kill someone actively. Oh, poor Sengoku.

Yeah. I'm sure that you'll be surprised after you know the reason behind Araragi motive in 'killing' Nadeko.
Sep 22, 2013 6:02 AM

Jul 2012
New arc WOOT!!!

Great episode!!!!
Sep 22, 2013 7:47 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
GoldenBlut said:

Well she's an oddity now. That's different from being possessed or affected by an oddity. She's the actual oddity this time.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 22, 2013 8:32 AM
Jul 2013
yukaru00 said:
GoldenBlut said:

Yeah. I'm sure that you'll be surprised after you know the reason behind Araragi motive in 'killing' Nadeko.

Wait....

Sep 22, 2013 9:10 AM

May 2010
Ah great to see Sengoku again
Sep 22, 2013 11:43 AM
Jan 2013
Sacrificed snakes wanting payback, evil.
Sep 22, 2013 12:33 PM

Apr 2010
It's nice to see Monotogatri as it's supposed to mysterious unpredictable and lots of talking.
I didn't really like the previous arc to this episode was welcome to me and from the looks of it, it will become even more interesting.
The scene that started of the arc looked pretty exciting and i really wonder how it became like that, simply put i can't wait till next week.
Sep 22, 2013 1:56 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This episode had a dark and ominous feel to it. Nadeko didn't do anything for me as a protagonist in Bakemono, but I think this arc might turn out to be very, very good. Already that beginning makes it pretty special. Look forward to next week.

A question for those who've read the LN's. Is it ever stated if Nadeko is aware at this point that Araragi has a girlfriend in Senjougahara?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 22, 2013 2:01 PM

Jun 2013
Marzan said:
This episode had a dark and ominous feel to it. Nadeko didn't do anything for me as a protagonist in Bakemono, but I think this arc might turn out to be very, very good. Already that beginning makes it pretty special. Look forward to next week.

A question for those who've read the LN's. Is it ever stated if Nadeko is aware at this point that Araragi has a girlfriend in Senjougahara?

I think so. Why else would she be going batshit yandere on Araragi? (besides snake influence)

Also I'm fearful for Koyomi's life now. Godamnit SHAFT you have me on the edge of my seat!
Sep 22, 2013 2:47 PM

Nov 2010
Awesome episode! What a start, Medusa appeared
Around the point when Nadeko talked to the Giant snake it became like a Fairy Tail
The mood and setting is totally different compared to the series
Sep 22, 2013 2:54 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, I loved that OP. And the entire episode. I am so impressed by the entire series so far, actually. I didn't warm up to Bake or Nise and it was only Neko that got me really into the Monogatari series. The second season is just amazing.
Sep 22, 2013 3:41 PM

Aug 2012
Eudaimonia said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Eudaimonia said:

► The themes for this arc appear to be victimhood and responsibility. Whereas five episodes were needed for Hanekawa to realize what she has been surpressing unconsciously we already get to see the end of the process Nadeko will be going through.
Terrible comparison. Completely different situations. Victimhood and responsibility were just necessary to get things going here. It isn't any revelation. Hanekawa's whole thing was finding what she had cut away,and realizing how long she had been pushing her negative feelings onto her other selves. The anime just fucked up the scale of it by removing the confession of abuse from the letter.

Oh, I probably shoud have elaborated more on that matter. I didn't intend to make it sound like these two characters' problems were comparable by any means but rather the way we, the audience, got to witness their progress throughout their respective arcs. As to the themes I pointed out it it's just speculation anyway since I'm not familiar with the source material but since they were brought up so often in this episode I assumed these would be the main elements concerning Nadeko's grouwth as a character.
Oh no I didn't think you were comparing their issues, I just didn't like the comparison because it seems necessary for the audience to know about Nadeko's inner conflict early on for the plot to move forward and allow her motives to make sense. With Hanekawa, we didn't get to know until the end because not knowing was what made her ultimate realization and consequent character development so worthwile.

Also I just wanted to bitch about how they fucked up the letter(and pretty much the entire arc+her character development) because I still haven't gotten over it.
Sep 22, 2013 3:50 PM

Feb 2013
This was great! Pretty violent start though... It took me a while to realize her hair was snakes instead of just white.

All those snakes she's seeing... freaky stuff. It creeped me out just watching it.
Sep 22, 2013 5:25 PM

Jun 2011
To be honest, I always regarded Nadeko with disdain. Her character was never really too important in Bakemonogatari, and I saw her arc as padding between two arcs infinitely its better. This, however, looks good so far. The OP is the best of the show so far (though I'd stop short of saying it's the best of the franchise), and the overall plot seems interesting enough.

Question for LN readers: What comes after this? I heard something about Onimonogatari.
And what if all love is an act of bravery?

Could you look me in the eye and say that you are not afraid?

Sep 22, 2013 6:05 PM

Jan 2011
Wow this episode really surprised me! Nadeko's arc seems like it will be pretty dark. I didn't expect that kind of beginning! Nadeko with her snake hair stabbed Koyomi's heart and blood was raining down non-stop. That was insane! She's like a total yandere psychopath LOL. Nadeko loves Koyomi so much but is reluctant to tell him about her true feelings. You've got to feel sorry for her. Kana Hanazawa's voice is so cute. Also the new OP is AMAZING! Much better than the first two. It gives off a very ominous feel. I love it!
5/5
Sep 22, 2013 6:17 PM

Dec 2012
Ugh, Nadeko's character design + her voice actor makes her so fucking flawless... but seriously, what a voice actor. New OP had that !!!-factor, loved it.

wtf Ougi pls stop being so creepy. jk never change
Sep 22, 2013 6:40 PM

Aug 2012
Snake always has the best OP. Best loli.
Sep 22, 2013 6:46 PM

Mar 2010
Xinception said:

Wait....

That is one thing. There is another definite reason for Araragi to kill/stop Nadeko.
Sep 22, 2013 7:08 PM

Jul 2012
Reaper71 said:

Question for LN readers: What comes after this? I heard something about Onimonogatari.

After this comes Koimonogatari
Onimonogatari happens at the same time with Nekomonogatari Shiro, before this

But in publishing order (also airing order), after this is Onimonogatari
Sep 23, 2013 9:05 AM

Jan 2012
yukaru00 said:
Xinception said:

Wait....

That is one thing. There is another definite reason for Araragi to kill/stop Nadeko.

If you don't mind, could you PM me the reason? Curiosity is strong as hell for this and it would be a bit rude of me to ask even a spoiler tag of it in this board.
Sep 23, 2013 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
Best episode in a while and just what I needed to become enchanted with Monogatari series again. The White Snake God's visuals were simply stunning and I can't wait to see more.

I wonder what was with all the close up shots of Payphones though; seriously is someone on the Shaft team a phone otaku?
Sep 23, 2013 9:54 AM

Mar 2010
Esura said:

If you don't mind, could you PM me the reason? Curiosity is strong as hell for this and it would be a bit rude of me to ask even a spoiler tag of it in this board.

Don't worry it will be explained later in 1 or 2 more episodes.
Just wait for it.
Sep 23, 2013 12:03 PM
Jul 2012
I don't know what to say but damn all my feels. And I feel the reason why Nadeko acts like that is because of her Koyomi onii-chan. Mixed feels argghhh.

Eudaimonia said:
Surprise surprise, with a single episode Nadeko has transformed into a more compelling character than she had been during all the time up until now, quite literally even.

► The themes for this arc appear to be victimhood and responsibility. Whereas five episodes were needed for Hanekawa to realize what she has been surpressing unconsciously we already get to see the end of the process Nadeko will be going through.

Not being able to think of anything problematic that could have triggered the snake incidents or even searching for a cause within herself we get to see how she puts all the blame for what's happened on herself in the intro, doing exactly what the apparition has ordered her to do, which is to atone.

Ironically this has turned her from the victim she has been portrayed as during all this time into a perpetrator, and the following episodes will have to fill the gaps to explain her change of mind (and body). Also notice how she doesn't even try to beg for foregiveness (as the apparition pointed out correctly) when she encounters the giant snake while she apologizes several times when Koyomi calls her out on one odd but otherwise inconspicious remark of her.

► I'm under the impression that this episode has been much more dialogue-heavy than usual though I don't mind personally as it helped to flesh out Nadeko's personality.
What struck me the most is how isolated she is. She has been the one with the least amount of interactions with anybody from the main cast to begin with and the inclusion of her anonymised class mates (an anomaly in the Monogatari universe with perpetually empty streets and building aside from the main characters) showcased how withdrawn and distant Nadeko is from them in reality rather than making the scenes more lively.

Going to school is an unpleasant experience for her and human interactions with anyone, even with Koyomi, are defined by her social anxiety.
In this regard she really resembles Tomoko from WataMote though their outer appearance couldn't differ more.

► Ougi Oshino remains as ominious as ever. Even with her more friendly approach compared to how she spoke to Koyomi she feels oddly out of place with her over-sized school uniform and lifeless eyes and her last few sentences can't be perceived as anything but as menacing.

The pendulum and Nadeko's remark on how more time has passed than she had thought seem to suggest that she has some hypnotizing ability. Who knows maybe she's even the one who triggered the whole thing with her talk about staying a victim and hinting at some skeletons Nadeko might have in her closet, making her more than the innocent victim she has been depicted as (I do wonder if it will be revealed what Nadeko tried to hide from Koyomi in her actual closet back in Nisemonogatari).

► The visuals for the new ED look great btw, depicting Medusa Nadeko descending in an elevator-like chamber down the ocean and falling into a deep slumber. In contrast the OP feels almost nauseously twisted with the mud-like colour palette and uncanny song.

Somehow some words you have said is quite accurate. Now I wanna know how this goes and how it ends. Damn plot twist.
Sep 23, 2013 12:35 PM
Nov 2012
The different facial expressions Nadeko has during the OP are crazy/demented in just the right ways.

Ed- ZenbuZenbuZenbuZenbu
hudson15983Sep 23, 2013 4:16 PM
Sep 23, 2013 4:09 PM

Mar 2011
Meme's niece creeps me out in the worst way possible
Sep 23, 2013 4:17 PM
Nov 2012
Niyari said:
Meme's niece creeps me out in the worst way possible

Is there an untapped market out there for dead fish eyed girls?
Sep 24, 2013 6:27 AM
Sep 2013
Eudaimonia said:

► I'm under the impression that this episode has been much more dialogue-heavy than usual though I don't mind personally as it helped to flesh out Nadeko's personality.

► The visuals for the new ED look great btw, depicting Medusa Nadeko descending in an elevator-like chamber down the ocean and falling into a deep slumber.

Hmm really?

Agreed. I think it's better than the previous Ed which is messy and abstract. It took me a while to figure out what the monochrome images are. Your thoughts?

AlexTheRiot said:
Also I just wanted to bitch about how they fucked up the letter(and pretty much the entire arc+her character development) because I still haven't gotten over it.

I'm interested. Can you tell be more about it?
BitterDonutsSep 24, 2013 6:35 AM
Sep 24, 2013 7:12 AM

Aug 2011
Need MOAR!

IDK why, but every time I watch this, it felt too short.
Chong The Nomad sang:
Even if you're lost, you can't~ Lose the love because that's in your heart~ Hooo oo ooo ooo oo~

My DeviantArt
To keep your drawing sanity, click here.
Sep 24, 2013 10:35 AM

Dec 2008
If Nadeko kills Koyomi, she better either leave Earth or commit suicide because Senjougahara will tear her to shreds and feed her to the snakes.
Sep 24, 2013 6:40 PM

Jul 2010
I never liked Nadeko, so i wasn't expecting much from her arc, but damn, this is looking amazing so far.My jaw was on floor for first 5min of episode-or so.Can't wait to see what's next.
Sep 24, 2013 7:22 PM

Jul 2012
Villetta_Nu said:
If Nadeko kills Koyomi, she better either leave Earth or commit suicide because Senjougahara will tear her to shreds and feed her to the snakes.

of course Senjougahara would want to do that, but she can never do, she has to find some help from others
Sep 24, 2013 7:39 PM

May 2012
Dat opening. This arc is going to be awesome.

Nadeko is my second favorite after Gahara so I'm glad to finally see her arc.
Sep 25, 2013 12:22 AM

Aug 2012
that end card alone was enough for me to have an eyegasm. VOFAN <3

the OP was okay, but the ED was pretty good. I really like Ougi's voice and her conversation with Nadeko.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 25, 2013 12:26 PM
May 2012
still don't get why the monogatari series is popular, fuck me right?
Sep 25, 2013 7:35 PM

Dec 2011
wow Nadeko looks beautiful with white hair.
GODeko <3
Sep 25, 2013 8:21 PM

Jul 2012
Raphow said:
still don't get why the monogatari series is popular, fuck me right?

because many people like this, right?
Sep 26, 2013 12:35 PM
Nov 2012
Q- Nadeko, what is it you like most about Koyomi Onii-chan?

A- ZENBUZENBUZENBUZENBU!!!!
Sep 26, 2013 3:39 PM

Aug 2011
That OP…I'm in love.

Really enjoyed the beginning of this ep. The gore and despair was incredible to watch.
Sep 27, 2013 5:24 AM

Apr 2013
The begging of the episode was just "WOW" and Nadeko is back :D

The new OP is sexy and the ED was nice. Can't wait to see the next episode.
Sep 28, 2013 4:19 AM

Jun 2009
EEEEEE!!!!!! THOSE FUCKING SNAKES KEEP POPPING OUT OF NO WHERE!!!

What's happening to my sweet Nadeko?! She's not ganna die right? RIGHT?!

Please be safe Nadeko!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2013 7:09 AM

Jul 2012
AirStyles said:

Please be safe Nadeko!!

nah, you should worry about life and death of Koyomi
Nadeko is basically a god now, what can kill her, anyway
Sep 28, 2013 7:14 AM

Mar 2010
pikeman1 said:
AirStyles said:

Please be safe Nadeko!!

um... unstable emotions
you know.. like when she has found out someone knew the stuff she piled in her special closet.
Sep 28, 2013 7:39 AM

Jun 2013
pikeman1 said:
AirStyles said:

Please be safe Nadeko!!

A con man.
Sep 28, 2013 8:02 AM

Mar 2010
Grouchio said:
pikeman1 said:
AirStyles said:

Please be safe Nadeko!!

A con man.

No. Nadeko is too brutal to be killed by mere Kaiki.
Sep 29, 2013 12:18 AM

Sep 2012
Great adaptation effort! And a great OP too!!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 29, 2013 6:05 AM
Jul 2012
All i can say is Kana Hanazawa can do no wrong, easily one of my favourite OP's i've seen(so far).
i've been waiting for this arc to air, though i was expecting Suruga Devil
Sep 29, 2013 1:25 PM

Dec 2011
Holy crap. Nadeko battling Araragi? What a nice way to start.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2013 3:45 AM

Dec 2012
If people haven't realized already the animation in Mousou Express is the animation in Renai Circulation...BACKWARDS! -mindfuck-
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

421 by MysteriousFriend »»
Yesterday, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Sep 22, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

218 by 0451 »»
Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

732 by Theprophet334 »»
Aug 28, 7:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.