Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 3, 2013 1:48 PM

Dec 2009
Awesome ep. Nothing else to say :)
Feb 3, 2013 5:26 PM
Aug 2012
Mikasa said:
Btw did we skip the part where Hisoka was binocular-fapping? (was it in YN or GI?)

Feb 3, 2013 6:44 PM

Jul 2012
Best Episode Ever!! i dont know whyy but that episode was reallllyy special :)
Feb 3, 2013 6:57 PM
Dec 2012
HOLY FUCK is that Black Dude a PIMP, I am getting this tingly feeling down under for Abengane that must be released in the form of a honorary thread.
Feb 3, 2013 11:59 PM
Feb 2013
Shaduge said:
and if those voice actors want to make out so bad, they should do it real life instead of traumatising young children

That's really funny, considering the show contains blood, murder, and extreme violence. It also contains Hisoka... he alone is enough to traumatize anyone.

Anyway, I don't think people would complain if it were two girls flirting, so there.
Feb 4, 2013 1:54 AM

Oct 2011
A few comments I have since this is one of the few times I read through this thread before actually watching the episode since I was very late on this one:

1) I saw a lot of complaints about when Genthru and the other two bombers slaughtered Nickes and the others. With those complaints at hand, I was expecting a lot worse than what Madhouse actually did. I understand in comparison to the manga, that scene appears pretty badly censored, but it still made it's point. In fact, the scene wasn't handled badly at all, it showed several wiped out bodies and a good amount of blood. Censorship in shounen is nothing new, I just don't get why this series takes the blount of the complaints. Not that the people who are complaining don't have that right, they do make valid points when comparing it to the manga. It's just that this isn't the first shounen series to take a horrifying scene and tone it down *looks at Bleach where Ishida should've gotten his arm torn off by Ulquiorra and instead loses a sleeve and some blood*

2) I was expecting a lot worse in the GI tutorial at the end of the episode with the people talking about the boy love stuff. Honestly, this wasn't even the worst of those Killua and Gon skits at the end of the episodes. As Candor said, Killua and Gon's seiyuu's come up with the stuff for those skits. Do they take some liberties with showing off some boy love? Absoultely. Is it necessary? Absolutely not, but this skit wasn't all too bad. It actually made me laugh. I personally have gotten to the point where I don't really care what they do with those segments anymore since they have no real impact on the show or the characters whatsoever, so this one was no different for me.

Anyways, really enjoyed the episode. We are starting to get into the thick of the GI material with all of the important shit that occurs in this arc so I can't wait for everything next week. I like the way they made Gon's Rock technique look, it's pretty much what I expected from what we saw of Uvo's Big Bang Impact, but still nice to see.

One last thing, someone correct me if I'm wrong but in the OVAs of the original series didn't Killua use leave to go take the Hunter Exam? I don't know why this is bothering me, but I feel like that's the way it was done in the OVAs but I can't remember.
Feb 4, 2013 2:34 AM
May 2012
Great episode. Love how MH shuffle the scenes to make the story flow better and additionally made it suspenseful.

To those who complained about censorship, get in touch with reality is my only advice. Or probably get out more and experience how compromise works in real time.

As for the BL, get used to it or stop watching now. It will become more blatant as we go.
Feb 4, 2013 2:55 AM
Dec 2012
fanty said:
I don't know about you guys, but I fell out of love with gore that doesn't add to the story back when I was teenager. I sometimes wonder if I've desensitised myself from gore by reading through GANTZ Phase 1 and Berserk. Once that sort of stuff doesn't illicit any kind of emotional reaction any more, it just becomes boring.

I only saw GANTZ's anime and I agree with you 100%, especially since the ending was so terrible it made the entire show seem pointless.

5/5 for the episode, I am so excited for the conclusion and to see past where GI last left off.
fearthebeard85 said:
One last thing, someone correct me if I'm wrong but in the OVAs of the original series didn't Killua use leave to go take the Hunter Exam? I don't know why this is bothering me, but I feel like that's the way it was done in the OVAs but I can't remember.

Killua leaves the same way in both however in the original he just simply leaves walking off into the sunset and ends up in the town. In this episode, he runs into Elena then is teleported to where he wishes. I believe you are bothered because in the OVA he flashes the card then leaves and every character who has used Leave so far in this game teleports out but is not shown talking to Elena. Sorry for writing so much.
Feb 4, 2013 3:08 AM

Mar 2012
You guys are paying to much attention to stupid stuff and forgetting what really matters. Where are the old HxH fans? Nobody paid attention to someone´s nen power. Stop BL BL BL crap talk.
Feb 4, 2013 5:50 AM

Dec 2008
Damn you, Bomber!! My only wish is for you to be mercilessly devoured by some vicious, gigantic, poisonous beast!!

Hisoka in the next episode!! My body is ready!! LOL!!

Veradux said:
Mikasa said:
Btw did we skip the part where Hisoka was binocular-fapping? (was it in YN or GI?)

Oh, Sweet Baby Sexy!! ^Q^
Hannah_AnaFeb 4, 2013 5:58 AM
Feb 4, 2013 1:30 PM

Jan 2008
Can't wait for Killua to retake the test, I'd say it was one of my favorite scenes in the series.
Feb 7, 2013 12:51 AM

Jul 2008
go killua!
Feb 7, 2013 1:44 AM

Sep 2012
Veradux said:
Mikasa said:

This will be my most anticipated moment in anime history
Feb 8, 2013 5:43 PM

Sep 2010
Bleh, @.@ i want to see more techniques frmo killua's eletricity
Feb 9, 2013 9:32 PM

Apr 2012
Mayros said:
Bleh, @.@ i want to see more techniques frmo killua's eletricity

You'll get to seem some at the end of this arc and mid/end of the next one.
Feb 11, 2013 1:17 PM

Jul 2010
Mikasa said:

That's how it was in the manga :P

Awesome episode, exam next :)

O_O I'm kinda happy it wasn't like this... Gosh, I'd be freaked out. I guess the ban is for sissy people like me xD
Feb 17, 2013 5:03 AM
Sep 2012
I usually disliked Gon+Killua stuff, mostlythe "recruit Killua" mini-arc, and was hoping for more Kurapika vs Troupe, but Killua and Gon are a lot better in this arc imo.
Feb 17, 2013 5:19 AM

Mar 2012
fishergirl16 said:
Mikasa said:

O_O I'm kinda happy it wasn't like this... Gosh, I'd be freaked out. I guess the ban is for sissy people like me xD

Well it's pretty :/
End Zionazism
Feb 17, 2013 12:06 PM

Aug 2012
^needs less guts and more blood to be pretty imo
Mar 27, 2013 3:13 PM

Jul 2009
Bomber was never going to disarm their bombs. The Nen monster that guy made was so creepy but it was hilarious when it snuggled up to him xD
Apr 19, 2013 2:48 PM

Feb 2011
Whoa a certain someone, if you want a more "manly" show, watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure or something...

And if you don't like "the gay", don't watch the after-episode segments. Easy as that. Easier than trashing something that others do enjoy that obviously Madhouse themselves has no problem with.
眠れないのは君のせい
Apr 19, 2013 3:47 PM

Jun 2009
Alexx_ said:
bobop said:
alexx_310 said:
Fuck you Madhouse just fuck you.

Huh... why ?

Look at Misakas post.

Oh, come on. You actually expect Madhouse to be able to show that in a early morning timeslot? At least the explosions actually happened and it more than got the point across.

Good episode. That Abengane guy was pretty awesome here.
Ston3_FreeN7Apr 19, 2013 3:55 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 27, 2013 2:27 PM

Feb 2011
I just love Biske's facial expressions xD
Aug 5, 2013 5:22 PM
Jul 2012
Eh, this Greed Island arc ain't interesting as I thought will be. Biscuit makes it more bleh. More curious about how Killua will do the exam and others than the whole gaming part.Can't wait for that part. But, is that Gon's father in this one scene?
2.5/5
Aug 5, 2013 5:27 PM
Jul 2012
huntx said:
You guys are paying to much attention to stupid stuff and forgetting what really matters. Where are the old HxH fans? Nobody paid attention to someone´s nen power. Stop BL BL BL crap talk.

this. No wonder why some people brought this whole bl thing.
Jan 5, 2014 5:24 AM

Jul 2013
that Razor guy looks strong...

I'm looking forward to Killua's exam and Gon's new found power!
Mar 1, 2014 10:30 PM
Aug 2013
Mikasa said:

shit that reminds me of hokuto no ken where heads explode! fucking crazy!
Apr 1, 2014 5:22 PM
Oct 2009
It was interesting seeing the Nen-removing beast.

btw I was sure there would be some defense mechanism or something to prevent people from enetering the island from the outside xd n we even saw one of the guys who designed the game! yeah! playin' volleyball using Nen! The way to serve a ball~

Anyway it's amazing that the game was created for Gon in order to make him stronger! Finally some fatherly love (right there)
May 21, 2014 12:08 AM

Apr 2014
So much love for is episode.

I knew the Bomber was gonna just "LOL jk" with that release spell. Not happy about it, though. >:/

At least one guys escaped, and with an adorable vacuuming lizard-y mud creature too!

Pretty stoked that Killua's doing the Hunter Exams. So many things going on at once, and lots of fun.

And continuous starry eyes in Bisky's direction. Don't think I've been attached to an HxH side character this much since Melody -- poss. even more. So cool. ♥♥♥♥
May 21, 2014 11:39 AM

Dec 2011
insan3Spectre said:
Alexx_ said:
bobop said:
alexx_310 said:
Fuck you Madhouse just fuck you.

Huh... why ?

Look at Misakas post.

Oh, come on. You actually expect Madhouse to be able to show that in a early morning timeslot? At least the explosions actually happened and it more than got the point across.

Good episode. That Abengane guy was pretty awesome here.

Agreed. That page was just gratuitous gore and Madhouse's depiction got the point across............
... and as far as I'm concerned, Hisoka's gratuitous nudity > gratuitous gore
Jun 22, 2014 11:43 PM

Jul 2007
More training. Killa takes a break to head to the hunter Exam one last time. So the real highlight to this episode was the bombers sly and craft agenda that he pulled over the eyes of all those sorry players. He simply lied to them, only to so he can get them all together and kill them. In shot he manipulated the poor fools for his own. personal gain.

Next episode will quite interesting, it will be focusing on gon, killua and also kurapica.

Jun 27, 2014 5:24 PM

Jan 2013
Killua is really taking the Hunter Exams again. I'd like to see some brief interludes of that.
Really love the training, and Bisky's interactions with Gon.
Dec 25, 2014 8:25 AM

Dec 2014
So it's been a year since the show started. Crazy to see how far they've progressed since the start. And we still barely know anything about Leorio, oh well. It'd be funny to see Tonpa again at the hunter exams. Funny how they talk about it being close to new years when it is close to new years :P
Dec 25, 2014 11:54 AM

Aug 2013
Fuck that Boomer dude, so evil :|
But that black dude was clever enough to avoid getting killed by him. Too bad all the others didn't manage to make it out, I hope he manages to avenge all his comrades.

Gon is progressing at light speed. They just can't stop the monster he's becoming, and Biscke is loving that :)

So people just can't enter on the island from the exterior. Well, that would have kinda broke the purpose of the game x)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 18, 2015 8:14 PM

Jun 2009
Good shit.

Killua retaking the exam and Gon learning emitter and transmutation techniques. Haven't seen those guys at the cedar tree for long time.
Apr 25, 2015 4:33 PM

Jun 2014
Ooo its the athlete seen in the OP.

Osu!

Aug 14, 2015 4:55 PM

Dec 2012
Good work, black dude

Can't wait for Killua to breeze through the exam
Aug 17, 2015 2:35 PM

Jul 2014
I love how their training is so well played out and entertaining, and its great to see them learn nen (Which is an incredibly interesting power to follow in the series, hats of to the creator).

And i can't believe how exciting it is every time Ging pops up in the opening.
Jan 10, 2016 4:28 AM

Jun 2015
damn that bombers are some cold bastards. i hope gon beat their asses off.
Sep 18, 2016 6:42 PM

May 2014
Wowww the way Killua aced the exam xD
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Oct 14, 2016 11:54 PM

Sep 2015
I hate lying villains like the Bomber guy. I feel so bad for the whole group and luckily that Conjuruer dude removed his bomb and lived, I hope he doesn't die later on because that would be messed up. #CantWaitToSeeBomberDie
Oct 15, 2016 1:59 AM

Dec 2012
SHIZUKU!!!

The one time the black guy escapes death.

Killer really left mid-arc to retake the Hunter exam.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 4, 2017 2:36 AM
Mar 2017
Exited for Killua's hunter exam
Nov 30, 2017 1:31 PM

May 2013
lol Gon's little Nen bubble was so cute xD his second bubble already reached the boulder hahaha. Das our MC! >;D

That guy at the island that sent the Phantoms away must be a colleague of Ging ;O he looked awesome

The Bomber is such a douche >.>

I hope Killua gets to take the Hunter Exam with Zepile :D
Nov 30, 2017 1:44 PM

Feb 2016
Ha, what a bunch of idiots just giving them the cards, that's like your only bargaining chip and you just gave it away, those idiots deserved it.
Jan 12, 2018 8:54 AM

Mar 2016
Even though the piles of dead body + the lake of blood are only shown slightly in this version. The mass explosion is still really brutal and I like it!

I can't wait until Gon uses his new special rock, paper, scissor power on somebody soon!
Aug 14, 2018 2:29 AM

Dec 2014
: I like how the story is continuing on … killua kick everyone butt in the hunter exam
Dec 27, 2018 8:06 PM

May 2012
Looking forward for the slaughter Killua is going to do with the first stage of the Hunter Exam! Pretty lovely training as well, shame of all those deaths though! Let's see what's next.
Jun 26, 2019 1:54 PM

Dec 2009
So the entire point of the black guy contacting Gon and Biscuit was? That scene really confused me, since he admitted in the next scene how he was basically lying to them about his intentions.

Then you have a scene where they buy spell cards, Gon somehow instantly knows these cards were from that group and then they just casually buy amazing ones such as Leave and Prison. With the value of simple monster cards, sure.

Otherwise a good episode.
Oct 12, 2019 6:45 PM

May 2016
Gon's established his signature Nen style in the form of Rock Paper Scissors with not just only one nor two principles, but three! By the time he's ready to take on the other more competent competitors of Greed Island, Killua will finally be a Pro Hunter as well!

It's a shame that all of them were killed by the Bombers save for that guy who had that ugly creature eat the bomb at the very last second. Gon's gonna avenge the shit out of them.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

922 by Nerdason »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 106 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2013

268 by dspr »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 147 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2014

393 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 146 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2014

336 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 145 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2014

266 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.