Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 2, 2013 9:03 PM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Bomber and his group are such evil bastards : P

Holy crap in this adaptation they made Abengane seem really smart and a quick thinker. When they were showing the scenes of the card exchange along with Abengane removing Countdown on his body, even though I knew what was going to happen already it was really suspenseful for me. Then when Genthru got his cards and disposed of everyone, he really showed how much of a bastard of a villain he is.

Gon shows his technique off for the first time which he was inspired from Rock Paper Scissors which was fun. I especially loved Biscuit's comment and how he's such a child because of the nature of his move. Excited to see Killua take on the Hunter Exam again next week with the return of Ponzu and the trio brothers and how Madhouse does it.

Finally this episode managed to even sneak in some Phantom Troupe! Razor in this adaptation gives off a very domineering presence. He was able to keep 5 members of the Troupe on their guard until he sent them away with his GM spell.

The arc's finally ramping up and can't wait to see next week! Kurapika even makes a tiny return along with our favorite Pedoclown! Oh yeah and Gon x Killua shipping from the Greed Island Tutorial X D Oh Madhouse you.....
HybridMBLFeb 2, 2013 9:10 PM
Feb 2, 2013 9:04 PM
Feb 2010
HxH is the best thing for me every week. <3

Awesome episode like always. He finally developed his Jan-ken-pon technique, which I got spoiled before even watching the first episode.
5/5

Also, a question: at which episode ofthe old one I should stop if I don't want to spoil myself ? Having finished the first Greed Island OVA, I'm wondering about the Greed Island OVA final.
CetaisFeb 2, 2013 9:09 PM
Feb 2, 2013 9:05 PM

Dec 2011
Gon is finally mastering his special move, Jankenpon!

Can't wait to see Killua breeze through the Hunter Exam.

Razor is pretty strong too. Can't wait to see him in battle.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2013 9:35 PM

Apr 2012
That was an amazing episode. It turns out the Bomber never had any plans of disarming the bombs and instead Released them from their misery. However one of them manage to disarm the bomb with a nen animal that is capable of eating nen... at the price of the animal attaching itself to the host.

More importantly.. Gon develops his new abilities based on Jan Ken Pon and plans on finishing them by the time Killua gets back.

Saisho wa guu! Jan Ken GUU!

Cetais said:

Also, a question: at which episode ofthe old one I should stop if I don't want to spoil myself ? Having finished the first Greed Island OVA, I'm wondering about the Greed Island OVA final.

You should watch probably only watch Episode 1. Half of episode 2 is covered in this episode but it also includes Killua in the hunter exam in the second half, so unless you want to see that I wouldn't recommend watching episode 2
Feb 2, 2013 9:46 PM

Aug 2012
wow... amazing! a well packed episode... love it..
Feb 2, 2013 10:21 PM

Jul 2011
Ah, I love Killua at the hunter exam. (Later)

Plot advancing along nicely. They finally got spell cards.

Hunterpedia... geez...
Feb 2, 2013 11:10 PM

Jul 2010
Kyaaa I loved this episode :3 Gon and Killua's training is so happy and light, I love it ^_^ Especially since I'm currently watching School Days >_< Uwaa. But yeah <3 Loved this episode! Kinda angry at the Bomber though.... Grrr! I'm happy that one guy saved himself though heeh ^-^ I like him :)
Feb 2, 2013 11:34 PM

Mar 2012

That's how it was in the manga :P

Awesome episode, exam next :)
End Zionazism
Feb 2, 2013 11:36 PM

Nov 2012
Fuck you Madhouse just fuck you.
Feb 2, 2013 11:38 PM
Feb 2012
alexx_310 said:

Huh... why ?
Feb 2, 2013 11:40 PM

Nov 2012
bobop said:
alexx_310 said:

Huh... why ?

Look at Misakas post.
Feb 2, 2013 11:49 PM

Nov 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:

Holy crap in this adaptation they made Abengane seem really smart and a quick thinker. When they were showing the scenes of the card exchange along with Abengane removing Countdown on his body, even though I knew what was going to happen already it was really suspenseful for me.

Took the words right out of my mouth lol.

Anyways great episode. I'm really looking forward to the next.
Feb 3, 2013 12:05 AM
Aug 2011
I'm guessing Chrollo will have someone do a similar thing to him and remove Kurapika's judgment chain. He's probably going to have a even more annoying thing around him.

So is Gon already 13 years old? I can't believe it was already a year since the first exam in their time. All the mains (exectp Leorio obviously) grew so much.

5/5 - Hisoka next week
Gatchum_Bye-ByeFeb 3, 2013 12:19 AM
Feb 3, 2013 1:24 AM
Mar 2012
I'm not even expecting much of this remake anymore, well as long as they follow the manga I'll stick with this, and cut the gay shit in the greed island tutorial again, just how badly do they want to turn this in a bl anime? reminds me of when hisoka was masturbating with some telescope in the ova, this show already lacks feminine aspects no need to make it worse. And I hope they show zepil in the next episode or else I will just skip to the bomber fight
Feb 3, 2013 1:44 AM

Mar 2012
^ "show zepil in the next episode or else I will just skip to the bomber fight"
well that escalated quickly
End Zionazism
Feb 3, 2013 1:59 AM

Mar 2012
BTW I'd rather die than have this uglification around my body -_-
End Zionazism
Feb 3, 2013 2:02 AM

Jan 2011
good episode how come the black guy didn't remove the bomb off the others?take it his ability only worked on himself...not that it mattered lol they weren't really strong anyway
Feb 3, 2013 2:05 AM

Nov 2012
katsu044 said:
good episode how come the black guy didn't remove the bomb off the others?take it his ability only worked on himself...not that it mattered lol they weren't really strong anyway

He barely made it in time to remove the bomb on himself.
Feb 3, 2013 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
I was already sad Kurapika wasnt in this arc, but now even Killua leaves, i hope he comes back soon.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 3, 2013 2:19 AM

Dec 2012
HxH just gets better and better. I am Loving it. Genthru and his team mates are so despicable. Cannot wait to see Gon with his finished technique. it is gonna be awesome. Killuia taking the Hunter Exam again, hopefully he gets it this time. Quite a few familiar faces next week. Great to see Kurapika and Hisoka again. Next week gonna be awesome.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 3, 2013 2:40 AM
Nov 2008
That tutorial. NO. Just... don't.

Otherwise, awesome ep as always. I really hope they keep up this quality until the very end.
Feb 3, 2013 3:06 AM

Sep 2012
Shalnark, Hisoka and Kurapika in the next episode? Hell yes. Even a brief appearance is still good to me.

That Greed Island Tutorial... 'you can see inside my binder any time you want Killua'
Feb 3, 2013 3:26 AM

Jun 2010
alexx_310 said:
bobop said:
alexx_310 said:

Huh... why ?

Look at Misakas post.

So you want them to show heads exploding in the Anime? Seriously?

Anyways, good pacing 5/5.

P.S
I checked out the tutorial after reading some of the comments. All I could say is LOL. I usually skipped the tutorials since it doesn't really mean anything to me so... yeah.
Feb 3, 2013 3:28 AM
Feb 2012
-MgZ_ said:
alexx_310 said:
bobop said:
alexx_310 said:

Huh... why ?

Look at Misakas post.

I would. Seriously.

That said you have to be out of your mind to expect something like
that to be shown on a TV show airing in the morning.
Feb 3, 2013 3:29 AM

Nov 2012
-MgZ_ said:
alexx_310 said:
bobop said:
alexx_310 said:

Huh... why ?

Look at Misakas post.

P.S
I checked out the tutorial after reading some of the comments. All I could say is LOL. I usually skipped the tutorials since it doesn't really mean anything to me so... yeah.

Oh there's definitely more, but I'm not going in depth with it since it's an episode discussion.
I'm 100% sure whatever I say won't even change your outlook.
Feb 3, 2013 3:34 AM

Nov 2012
mrsticky005 said:
-MgZ_ said:
alexx_310 said:
bobop said:
alexx_310 said:

Huh... why ?

Look at Misakas post.

I would. Seriously.

That said you have to be out of your mind to expect something like
that to be shown on a TV show airing in the morning.

To think there are still people who think Nipland censorship is just strict as Murricas.
Feb 3, 2013 3:38 AM

Mar 2012
People exploded and died. That's the idea, Nickes might even got split in half.
End Zionazism
Feb 3, 2013 3:56 AM

Jun 2012
How saddening, all of them wiped out. I must admit, although it was somewhat predictable (by the Bomber's behavior/character), I didn't think that would happen in a series like Hunter x Hunter.
I am so excited to see Killua take the exam, I liked that arc the best so far.
5/5.

Feb 3, 2013 4:01 AM
Aug 2011
-MgZ_ said:
alexx_310 said:
bobop said:
alexx_310 said:

Huh... why ?

Look at Misakas post.

P.S

And I check after seeing your post. I did what you did and just LOL'd
Feb 3, 2013 4:30 AM

Dec 2009
Haha, that tutorial <3
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 3, 2013 4:32 AM

Jan 2009
great episode again, Killua is gonna take the hunter exam next week again, i bet he will pass with flying colors since he has nen already lol
Feb 3, 2013 5:11 AM

Jul 2010
I have no qualms about the censorship whatsoever, because it's a morning show and MH has to consider the kids watching. The plot moved on well, it was all good... until that omake.

F*** THAT TUTORIAL!!!
BL stuff IN A MORNING SHOW!? In a non-BL anime!?
Seriously MH, stop feeding the fujoshi fans with yaoi stuff. This is not the anime to do so.
:(

The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Feb 3, 2013 5:14 AM

Apr 2011
HxH keeps on getting better. Sad that Killua left but I understand he wants to take that exam. And fuck those bombers.
Feb 3, 2013 5:15 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, Hunter X Hunter really is everything a proper shonen would be; I already think that this version beats the 99 version ^^
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Feb 3, 2013 5:27 AM
Mar 2012
Cetais said:

just watch them both they are different, one has hisoka fanservice and one has killuaxgon fanservice, pick what you like
Feb 3, 2013 5:39 AM

Mar 2012
Btw did we skip the part where Hisoka was binocular-fapping? (was it in YN or GI?)
End Zionazism
Feb 3, 2013 6:22 AM
Mar 2012
nah we didn't, and he was only fapping in the ova where they even changed the monocular to a telescope because you know the naked hisoka part and the staring at gon and killua's asses wasn't obvious enough
Feb 3, 2013 6:24 AM

May 2010
what the hell happened in the tutorial
anyway, great ep
Feb 3, 2013 6:59 AM
Oct 2011
Is the BL thread affecting you guys? Btw just a note: The ideas of the tutorial are by the voice-actors of Killua and Gon, who are both (young) females. They might as well be fujoshi too.

Episode is great, probably the best episode so far in Greed Island. I don't really care about the skipping, since whatever Madhouse is doing, they're still doing things right and natural, and way better than other studios and what they're doing with other series. *coughA-1cough*
Feb 3, 2013 7:24 AM

Apr 2012
*coughSAOcough*

Seriously. The anime I look forward to every week are Hunter X Hunter and Chihayafuru. I freaking love MadHouse. Sure, they flopped quite a few times, but dear God, they know how to get people at the edge of their seat!

Candor said:
Is the BL thread affecting you guys? Btw just a note: The ideas of the tutorial are by the voice-actors of Killua and Gon, who are both (young) females. They might as well be fujoshi too.

Episode is great, probably the best episode so far in Greed Island. I don't really care about the skipping, since whatever Madhouse is doing, they're still doing things right and natural, and way better than other studios and what they're doing with other series. *coughA-1cough*

^This. Just. This.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Feb 3, 2013 7:29 AM
Mar 2012
Candor said:

do you mean magi? it's not that horribly done, imagine if it was like code breaker for example, although it really sucks how they put over 75 chapters in 15 episodes, btw you can't really compare it to what madhouse is doing because the whole point of the remake is to stick to the manga just like any other remake like fmab and hayate
and if those voice actors want to make out so bad, they should do it real life instead of traumatising young children, or at least traumatise them by not censoring the manga, I'm fine with that
Feb 3, 2013 7:32 AM

Mar 2012
^ Dude I haven't even read the manga and can tell it's rushed as f***

They should've made it like Hxh, long-running, not some dumbass 25-episode show.
End Zionazism
Feb 3, 2013 7:54 AM

Oct 2011
Razor has a weird voice, doesn't fit him. Just like Franklin's >.<
Good episode though
Is there an ep next week?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2013 7:58 AM

Jun 2010
alexx_310 said:

Oh there's definitely more, but I'm not going in depth with it since it's an episode discussion.

What you want doesn't really matter though. Because its not that Madhouse doesn't want to show more gore, its that they can't. So even a lot of people demand it, it's just impossible in a shounen Anime.
Feb 3, 2013 8:06 AM

Mar 2007
I don't know about you guys, but I fell out of love with gore that doesn't add to the story back when I was teenager. I sometimes wonder if I've desensitised myself from gore by reading through GANTZ Phase 1 and Berserk. Once that sort of stuff doesn't illicit any kind of emotional reaction any more, it just becomes boring.
Feb 3, 2013 8:13 AM
Oct 2011
Shaduge said:

do you mean magi? it's not that horribly done, imagine if it was like code breaker for example, although it really sucks how they put over 75 chapters in 15 episodes, btw you can't really compare it to what madhouse is doing because the whole point of the remake is to stick to the manga just like any other remake like fmab and hayate
and if those voice actors want to make out so bad, they should do it real life instead of traumatising young children, or at least traumatise them by not censoring the manga, I'm fine with that
I don't want to turn this into a Magi discussion thread, but A-1 are doing similar to what was done with Code:Breaker; messing up the time-line, bringing characters from the future arcs and throwing them in previous arcs (today's episode, Isnan & his snake namely), skipping, rushing, making annoying VAs ruin good characters, who were already underdeveloped due to the rushing. Not to mention the lazy animation, tens of skipped backgrounds (during Aladdin and Ugo's speech alone 10 panels were skipped) and the derp-faces all over the place in Magi.

"Gore is bad, pervertness is good" - Welcome to Japan.
Candor123Feb 3, 2013 8:17 AM
Feb 3, 2013 8:37 AM

Oct 2011
fanty said:
I don't know about you guys, but I fell out of love with gore that doesn't add to the story back when I was teenager. I sometimes wonder if I've desensitised myself from gore by reading through GANTZ Phase 1 and Berserk. Once that sort of stuff doesn't illicit any kind of emotional reaction any more, it just becomes boring.

Series with pointless, random, gorey, and really frequent deaths are the same as series with no deaths at all. Death has no impact. If you don't build up value for the characters and they all die like that then I might just not give a crap about them anyway.

Pointless deaths to good people (like Nickes) are good when they are in a series that balances everything well. It actually makes it dark (in a good way) and shows you the threat that (ANYone COULD die) not (EVERYone WILL die).

How gorey the death is doesn't bother me much. As long as it's implied they died a horrible death, it's enough for me. I can get it using mah brains.

Best at this is Shingeki no Kyojin which is coming out soon :3
Feb 3, 2013 10:18 AM

Aug 2012
fishergirl16 said:
Kyaaa I loved this episode :3 Gon and Killua's training is so happy and light, I love it ^_^ Especially since I'm currently watching School Days >_< Uwaa. But yeah <3 Loved this episode! Kinda angry at the Bomber though.... Grrr! I'm happy that one guy saved himself though heeh ^-^ I like him :)

Yes. Come join the Abengane fan club.. -w-

I was disappointed that MH was leaving out a lot of his screentime/dialogue in previous eps, so this one made me real happy. (also love how they animated that nen monster, it looks disgusting ♥)

And I was curious (as usual) how they were going to show everybody in the group being blown up, I really love how they did it :D (though not a huge fan of Bomber's dialogue after the bombs have been released, it always felt like it was dragging out the scene and the villains were just talking to themselves.. except MH made it so he's talking to that one dying guy for a bit..)

anyway, pretty much everything in this ep made me happy, 5/5
Feb 3, 2013 12:09 PM

Nov 2012
-MgZ_ said:
alexx_310 said:

What you want doesn't really matter though. Because its not that Madhouse doesn't want to show more gore, its that they can't. So even a lot of people demand it, it's just impossible in a shounen Anime.

Read my post below the one earlier.

They adapted Hunter exam, Heavens area, and Yorkshin pretty damn good but G.I. not as good.
Feb 3, 2013 1:28 PM

Mar 2012
Couldn't expect any better, 5/5.. Can't wait for the moment they encounter Hisoka..
Claude_KennyFeb 3, 2013 1:47 PM
Keep moving forward
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.