Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 29, 2013 6:50 AM

Jan 2008
nina4life said:
Jeez, now I'm 100% sure I won't watch original series. Those 3 kids. How much more annoying can you be?
Well goodluck if youre saying that just because they got a lil annoying after they had done some awesome sht some half of the episode . Manglobe portrayed The Children quite differently this episode .They were more fun and comical in the original series .And remember that they ARE still kids .Just think what a kid will do if they had gave their all but still couldnt finish what they re supposed to do .

But wow , even with The Children's triple boost they still cant even match against Hyoubu . I cant even imagine the extent of his powers together with Fujiko .And hell , that ship is just freakin awesome . It broke through space and teleported ? wow .It's just like that the ship is an esper itself .

The fights this episode was awesome . It's just that Momiji and Magi wasnt even able to show off .And again , how Manglobe showed ESP powers are just perfect .
The plot is finally getting interesting .I guess that device Hyoubu is hiding is really that important since BABEL and Andy's group is doing its best to retrieve it .And now Andy finally has the access pass to enter the storage .

Decent episode .I didnt expected the change in OP/ED this quickly but I actually liked the previous version of the OP . But the visuals of the new ED's bro love of Minamoto and Sakaki is fckin awesome .Looking forward for its Hyoubu and Andy's version .This building up of the world of ZKC is ok and I guess itll continue till next ep then its gonna be awesome sht after they had done that , cant wait .
oh and some Momiji goodness for everyone
archer_shirou01Jan 29, 2013 6:53 AM
Jan 29, 2013 7:33 AM

Mar 2009
I'd say this and Kotoura-san are the sleeper hits of the Winter season.
Jan 29, 2013 7:42 AM

Jan 2013
I liked seeing the girls in action, I wonder what the final plan is however. And I suspect they know who our shows "hero" really is and will be attempting to turn him.
RedArmyShogunJan 29, 2013 8:49 AM
Jan 29, 2013 7:50 AM

Mar 2010
This episode has so many epic moments !!!!!!!!!!!!

So amazing i like it a lot ! 5/5 XD
and new ending awesome :x
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2013 8:36 AM

May 2010
I don't know. Since the first ep Hyoubu and Andy seems very cute.
Are? I'm confused. I don't mean anything but maybe because I can't stop laughing when Andy meet some troubles during on mission. Ah! I see!
Maybe that's make them cute!!
Right!
But his ability is really cool! Like I want to join PANDRA even without power and said they are cute even if they will angry since I call them cute!
What am I saying?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2013 9:55 AM

Sep 2008
archer_shirou01 said:
Well goodluck if youre saying that just because they got a lil annoying after they had done some awesome sht some half of the episode . Manglobe portrayed The Children quite differently this episode .They were more fun and comical in the original series .And remember that they ARE still kids .Just think what a kid will do if they had gave their all but still couldnt finish what they re supposed to do .

Their type of character, annoying characters with superpowers posing in battle and doing modeling while fighting is the type of characters I personally hate, doesn't matter if it's anime or tv series, I can't stand that type of character.
Just my personal preference. And they're exactly that type of character.
Not to mention that with a dark tone of this show they felt completely out of place for someone such as myself who's neither seen original series or read manga.

P.S. I don't think kids in general are annoying. Hell, there's that child Hyoubu is protecting, and not only do I not dislike her, I like her quite a lot.
nina4lifeJan 29, 2013 10:49 AM
Jan 29, 2013 10:02 AM

Sep 2012
KAORU IN THE PLACE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Jan 29, 2013 2:23 PM

Jan 2010
That stupid Unlimited Mode of Hyoubu is starting to piss me off. Even if the major is the character I like the most from the original, this will need a hole lot more of Pandra and the Children for me to keep watching it.

Jan 29, 2013 3:27 PM

Jul 2010
I certainly liked the action in the episode. Didn't fall asleep for one second.
Jan 29, 2013 4:22 PM

May 2012
Another great episode! And I am kinda thinking of watching the zettai children mainstory now... heehehe..
Jan 29, 2013 7:42 PM

Mar 2012
ownosourus said:
Is there anyone Kyousuke can't beat?

Let's see...I'm only up to Chapter 238 in the original manga, but...
Feather and Fujiko as far as I've seen....
---------

This was a great episode.
Glad to see the Children making their appearances. From the looks of it, this takes place post-timeskip in the manga and before Feather made her first move.

On another note, does nobody realize that the Children are crying crocodile tears at the end? Seriously. They have confronted Hyoubu multiple times in the main story for ZKC and never once have I ever seen them crying after a confrontation.

Lastly, poor Sakaki...
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jan 29, 2013 8:01 PM
Nov 2010
CreationBreaker said:
ownosourus said:

---------

really? but fujiko just got her *** kicked by Andy this ep.
Jan 29, 2013 8:30 PM
Jul 2012
Wow, so much hate for The Children! I should say that the original manga is a shonen series (think Naruto or One Piece, tone-wise). It is quite lighthearted even if it has a good and interesting plot, in my opinion. But I agree that the tone of Unlimited doesn't fit them too well. So if you prefer a serious anime with a bit of a dark plot, then maybe Zettai Karen Children is not for you. But I do recommend it.
In the original story, we follow The Children, starting when they're around 10 years old, and they meet Minamoto. Right now they're 13. The thing at the end, for those who didn't get it, was The Children acting cute in front of Minamoto because all 3 have a crush on him, especially Kaoru.
Overall it was a good episode. I was not expecting to enjoy the series since it seemed a bit too serious when compared to the original, but it is quite good, and to have the main characters of the original as side-characters is quite entertaining.
Jan 29, 2013 10:08 PM

Mar 2012
kension said:
CreationBreaker said:
ownosourus said:

Andy...had a lot of advantages in that fight.
a) The changing environment-Had the missiles not caused a flood on deck, Andy would have never been able to come close to Fujiko. Meanwhile, Fujiko was just having fun toying with Andy (based on her giggling).
b) The element of surprise-Nobody, not even the viewers, knew that Andy could weaken someone to zero for a short period of time. This allowed him a short window of time in which he would be able to attack Fujiko effectively.

If Kyousuke was in this situation, the result would have been the same (with minor differences, if any).
Kyousuke and Fujiko are equals. Should they ever fight seriously, it would be long, drawn out, and unpredictable.

FOGdark said:
Wow, so much hate for The Children!

I was surprised as much as you. They may be brats, but they're still fun characters.

FOGdark said:
Right now they're 13.

Actually, if I'm right about the chronology, they should still only be 12 as this seems to be at some point before Feather made a move on Minamoto on Kaoru's 13th birthday.

Jan 30, 2013 7:07 AM
Jul 2012
CreationBreaker said:

FOGdark said:
Right now they're 13.

Actually, if I'm right about the chronology, they should still only be 12 as this seems to be at some point before Feather made a move on Minamoto on Kaoru's 13th birthday.

Ah, that's right, I did realize that while watching the episode, when Kaoru says to Kyousuke that she was now in Middle School. I forgot about it afterwards, though lol
Jan 30, 2013 7:53 AM

Jan 2011
This was a great episode, Kyousuke was badass. The previous episode was kind of meh, but this raised my expectations again. I wonder what happens next, hopefully more plot-related things.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 30, 2013 9:08 AM

Jul 2008
these episode is badass make me want to see the orignal anime
i only watch 2 episode of the older one

but i just download it all
Jan 30, 2013 11:08 AM

Feb 2012
CreationBreaker said:
kension said:
CreationBreaker said:
ownosourus said:

Andy...had a lot of advantages in that fight.
a) The changing environment-Had the missiles not caused a flood on deck, Andy would have never been able to come close to Fujiko. Meanwhile, Fujiko was just having fun toying with Andy (based on her giggling).
b) The element of surprise-Nobody, not even the viewers, knew that Andy could weaken someone to zero for a short period of time. This allowed him a short window of time in which he would be able to attack Fujiko effectively.

If Kyousuke was in this situation, the result would have been the same (with minor differences, if any).
Kyousuke and Fujiko are equals. Should they ever fight seriously, it would be long, drawn out, and unpredictable.

FOGdark said:
Wow, so much hate for The Children!

I was surprised as much as you. They may be brats, but they're still fun characters.

FOGdark said:
Right now they're 13.

having someone stronger than Kyousuke in the original series is a sin,he is too boss to lose to anyone :(

----

the action in this episode was very nice,and i will repeat myself,Kyousuke is a boss.
Jan 30, 2013 4:58 PM
Nov 2011
CreationBreaker said:
On another note, does nobody realize that the Children are crying crocodile tears at the end? Seriously. They have confronted Hyoubu multiple times in the main story for ZKC and never once have I ever seen them crying after a confrontation.

Oh, that may very well be it. I guess for people that haven't seen ZKC it might not seem immediately obvious that they're just teasing minamoto as usual.
Jan 30, 2013 9:00 PM

Sep 2012
kentaseo said:
Lol........I've never watched the original series Zettai Karen Children, and I'm definitely not ever going to now. Because those three little shits are annoying as hell. I thought they were cute - until they started talking.
I am at the polar opposite of your view: I came to this mid-series, because I came purely for the Children. Well, I thought they were NOT that cute, at least from their appearance, as they are not how I imagine they will look like when they are in junior high. They should look cuter, and younger: For this I blame the character design. But I felt happy when they started talking. These are the voices of the Children. And I miss Hirano's voice in particular.
symbvJan 30, 2013 9:32 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 31, 2013 6:17 AM

Jan 2008
Actually, them crying at the end makes perfect sense. Since he appeared, Hyoubu's been kicked their ass every single time. Even when they thought they had him, he was playing them. Getting him to fight them seriously hasn't actually happened. So this time, they held nothing back, they planned every detail, they overpowered his men, took control of his boat, used their super-special-awesome limit break. They had Hyoubu on the ropes... and then learn he's been fighting them with a limited ON. He then turns in off, and kicks their asses. I can't begin to imagine how frustrating that must be. And remember, they're sill 14 year old kids.
Jan 31, 2013 6:48 AM
Jan 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:
This week's episode was kick ass. It hit especially well on the fronts of plot progression world building, and action the latter especially so.

So Andy's mission is to retrieve an object from deep within the Catastrophe, I'm sure we'll learn more about it in a future episode. So whatever organization Andy is in is a 3rd party and not apart of PANDRA or BABEL. The seeds for Andy's betrayal have been planted in Yujirou though I suspect Hyobu already knows and is using him for his own purposes. Really interested to see how Andy figures into all of this. His second power that he used is also equally as good as first one. He can negate other people's powers temporarily if he touches them.

Wow "The Children" that were shown this episode were awesome. The leader is the Queen that Hyobu has been mentioning the past couple of episodes who is quite the spunky one. It's crazy to think these girls are in middle school but are nearly as powerful as Hyobu(with the Limiter on). They were funny/adorable at the end though after they lost due to Unlimited Hyobu though. Minamoto is the hypocrite if you ask me when he called Kyosuke a lolicon last episode. X D

I don't think Andy's gonna sympathize with PANDRA as I've been seeing other people say, it seems he has his own reasons for doing what he needs to do. Such a big step up from last week and pumped me up even more so for this show. If I had to complain about one thing it's that Hyobu won by going Super Saiyan again but I'm just nitpicking, the story structure of this ep varied itself well enough from the last two weeks with their "One off" type to give this episode a high rating in my books

The new OP and ED were unexpected but great as well. While the OP is probably just a second verse ver. is the blue because that's the color of The Children? I took quite the liking towards the visuals of the ED

Edit: So "Zettai Karen Children" translates to "Absolutely Lovely Children"? That was unexpected, and forgot to say the music in this episode stuck out for me too

Well, for Andy to be used Hyobu, maybe a possibility, but let's not forget that one of Andy's powers is to neutralize the power of another Esper which means that for a telepath may not be able to read what's in Andy's mind.
Jan 31, 2013 10:37 AM
Jul 2012
Hyoubu needs to stop using the limiter, I'm afraid he's going to die real soon by using it so much! So awesome how he ALWAYS finds Andy whenever he's about to do something bad (..or good in this case)! The three girls were pretty cool, the queen storyline sort of threw me off but I'm sure ill get use to it.
"
Jan 31, 2013 12:45 PM

Dec 2012
I was expecting someone to kick Hyoubu's ass. I thought the Queen was gonna do it, but when the limiter was Off, everything was the same as previous episodes. meh.
So far, that detective guy is the most interesting character of the show. He is really unpredictable. It has been shown that his left eye has six different applications (powers) so I'm interested to see what are still in stored.
I wonder who is the third party that attacked both B.A.B.E.L and P.A.N.D.R.A. Maybe they are from Andy's organization USEI (perhaps stands for United States Esper Investigation xD)
Jan 31, 2013 1:00 PM

Jan 2008
My bet is on Black Phantom. The one group that BABEL and PANDRA will work together to take down. Yes, they are THAT bad.
Jan 31, 2013 2:28 PM

Dec 2012
Nasty001 said:

Well, for Andy to be used Hyobu, maybe a possibility, but let's not forget that one of Andy's powers is to neutralize the power of another Esper which means that for a telepath may not be able to read what's in Andy's mind.

People don't need telepathy to guess what the other is scheming. Apparently, Andy has been caught a few time trying to get spy on the ship. I'm positive that Hyobu either knows about it, or at least doubting Andy. Just think about it, the mere fact that someone with that rare ability and special trainings ended up in some back-water prison raise a flag already.
Jan 31, 2013 6:00 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode, I liked the action and the children seemed to be good characters as well. This makes me want to watch the parent story even more. Andy's power was cool too.

So far this anime has been getting better and better.
LOl that ending.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jan 31, 2013 7:15 PM

Aug 2011
Plunged into an episode-long battle without context.

/shrug
Feb 1, 2013 7:04 AM

Apr 2010
Glad to see the children again though I quite dislike their character design especially Shiho's. Yes, finally muscle okama will make his appearance next ep.
Feb 1, 2013 10:43 AM

May 2012
I was slightly disappointed on how unattractive she looks to me compared to Yugiri but aside from that the voice actress who acts as Akashi Kaoru/Queen is one of my favorite seiyu next to Kayano Ai and both their names rhymes cause Hirano Aya
HIRANO AYA & KAYANO AI ajhfajgfaskjasfj = mind blown

Overall best episode ever by far
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Feb 1, 2013 11:25 AM

Mar 2010
lntense said:
I was slightly disappointed on how unattractive she looks to me compared to Yugiri but aside from that the voice actress who acts as Akashi Kaoru/Queen is one of my favorite seiyu next to Kayano Ai and both their names rhymes cause Hirano Aya
HIRANO AYA & KAYANO AI ajhfajgfaskjasfj = mind blown

Overall best episode ever by far

Kaoru's voice sounds strange though, too old for 13 years old girl

Anyway, glad to see The Children in this anime, they are really adorable in the manga, but pretty strange and different in this episode, I guess that makes people who's only watched this anime find them annoying
Feb 2, 2013 5:54 AM

Aug 2010
banas002 said:
Anyway, glad to see The Children in this anime, they are really adorable in the manga, but pretty strange and different in this episode, I guess that makes people who's only watched this anime find them annoying

lol, this is how i feel about the children, they were a little annoying but thats probably since i didn't see the original

Pretty solid episode, Andy Hinomiya's powers are pretty cool :D
Can't wait for the next one
Feb 2, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 2009
Well when this episode only showed there dis-likable qualities it is no wonder why people found the children annoying. Pity as they actually do have some good personality traits. Shiho in particular is badass.

Also
ownosourus said:

AidanAK47Feb 2, 2013 11:14 AM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Feb 2, 2013 3:29 PM

Mar 2012
AidanAK47 said:

ownosourus said:

Haha..the chapters with the flies..good times...

On a more serious note:
ownosourus said:

Here's the page where it is said.

Feb 5, 2013 3:52 PM

Aug 2011
Intense! Those 3 esper girls put up a great fight, the Queen was so persistent in stopping Kyousuke and then he just casually floated away in the cruise ship like no one's business.
Feb 5, 2013 8:50 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode. Lots of intense fight. Finally, Andy earned the key.
Feb 24, 2013 12:09 PM

Dec 2007
I thought the girls were going to be really annoying judging by how people were reacting in this thread beforehand. Ugh. GTFO. The crying was a little silly, but other than that they were fine. All this complaining about how they were OP just because they matched up with Kyosuke's Psychic Super Saiyan powers. :P

Now I want to see ZKC, but only if it's done with an updated animation. 2003 isn't going to cut it. Plus the manga's MUCH further along now.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Mar 10, 2013 10:01 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
The Children are not annoying unless you don't know anything about the original stories. They is about 30+ volumes worth of character development concerning the Children.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 7, 2013 1:28 AM

Jul 2008
DmonHiro said:
Actually, them crying at the end makes perfect sense. Since he appeared, Hyoubu's been kicked their ass every single time. Even when they thought they had him, he was playing them. Getting him to fight them seriously hasn't actually happened. So this time, they held nothing back, they planned every detail, they overpowered his men, took control of his boat, used their super-special-awesome limit break. They had Hyoubu on the ropes... and then learn he's been fighting them with a limited ON. He then turns in off, and kicks their asses. I can't begin to imagine how frustrating that must be. And remember, they're sill 14 year old kids.

^this
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
May 11, 2013 2:03 PM

Jan 2012
Maah,, this episode was only OK for me... Those girls are fucking annoying, I started watching UNLIMITED even though it's a parent story of Zettai Karen Children because I thought it'd focus on Kyosuke, they weren't going to appear... but meh, if it keeps like this, I'll have to drop it. At least Andy was nicer in this episode. I'm watching this anime because of him and Junichi Suwabe to be honest LMAO
Aug 1, 2013 2:35 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, after watching the original series first, it really felt weird seeing the protagonists from that series in this darkish and more serious toned spin-off.

It will take some time to get used to I guess, considering how much comedy the original had, but I'm still really glad to see Minamoto, the girls and everyone else newly animated with the same VAs. Also, I cant really decide if I like Kaoru's new fairy(?) wings power up or her old angel wings power up.
Nov 11, 2013 11:39 PM

Oct 2012
Oh another version of OP & new ED.. that's fast

Those three girls just owned the other P.A.N.D.R.A's members
So Kaoru is their queen?
Well, I'm happy to see MCs from original story

But definitely Hyoubu is cooler & stronger xD
Somehow Andy is resembles to TouMAN and Hyoubu -> Accelerator

Wow episode this time for me :)

AidanAK47 said:
Well when this episode only showed there dis-likable qualities it is no wonder why people found the children annoying. Pity as they actually do have some good personality traits. Shiho in particular is badass.

Also
ownosourus said:

Lol Shiho.. She's pretty psycho, isn't she?
So who's the man?
"Signature removed"
Apr 15, 2014 6:07 PM

Apr 2010
Well, this episode didn't disappoint much. The action was nice, I'd like to see more of that, though I find the children to be abit annoying.
Apr 11, 2015 1:22 AM

Oct 2014
I loved the action and the children. Best episode so far
May 25, 2015 11:20 AM

Apr 2013
Eclips said:
CreationBreaker said:

Oh, that may very well be it. I guess for people that haven't seen ZKC it might not seem immediately obvious that they're just teasing minamoto as usual.

Yes, that was pretty obvious IMO that they more than half faked the cry (they were probably frustrated to lose a little, but not up to cry lol) just so that they could have an excuse to Hug minamoto. This scene really made me laugh, that's so much like them, they don't miss a chance to do that xD

That's the problem in watching a spin off without knowing the original. This series is fairly easy to watch without the original so far imo, but the moment they introduce characters from the original, you're missing out every single necessary knowledge to understand what's happening. Most of the reasons in this thread announced to dislike those three girls are just due to peoples not knowing them.

They are, btw, quite awesome main characters in the manga, no complaints about them.

So who's the man?

Hyoube Kyousuke himself. Yep, he was about to lose what make him a man there.
Shiho is awesome as usual~
Jun 23, 2017 4:46 PM
Sep 2015
The girls' tsundere antics with "sensei", who I assume is the MC of the original, ensures that I'm never watching the original.

I wonder when the dude with superhearing will finally hear MC talking to base.
Jan 30, 2018 12:58 PM

Jun 2011
I enjoyed the series so far except for this episode.. I see that The Children are still trash characters, as well as almost everyone from the main series. I don't know if something had happened between Sakaki and Hyobu but Sakaki's reaction towards Hyobu is so annoying.

The spin off is leap and bound better than the main series, I hope it is not going to feature anyone from the main series anymore, though it probably will.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2013

91 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 1, 2023 8:45 AM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2013

87 by Pliznotme »»
Mar 9, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

43 by 0Novelion »»
Oct 1, 2022 12:28 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2013

106 by Acctra »»
Jun 5, 2022 10:21 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2013

39 by Acctra »»
Jun 5, 2022 7:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.